Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
I never learned to drive a stick, but I heard it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And you'll DEFINITELY be having some summer fun. Nothing like the wind in your hair cruising along.

Pontiacs run forever! Good 'ol GMCs, but I don't blame you for wanting something new. Especially since hubby just got a new one! Time to start test driving!!!

Although I do miss the days of not having a car note...
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi everyone! Just checking in ....
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good to see you
Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieCakes View Post
I never learned to drive a stick, but I heard it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And you'll DEFINITELY be having some summer fun. Nothing like the wind in your hair cruising along.

Pontiacs run forever! Good 'ol GMCs, but I don't blame you for wanting something new. Especially since hubby just got a new one! Time to start test driving!!!

Although I do miss the days of not having a car note...
I love my pontiac!! I'll probably get another one. GM sure knows how to make a good car!! I think I have about 103,000 miles on it.. Bitter sweet.. nice new car and car payment. or older car that runs great and now car payment.. LOL
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tara!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #126

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Good morning family! Hopefully everyone's weekend is off to a good start. My tummy finally calmed down in the afternoon when I got home.. Hey maybe I was just home sick. lol! My scale showed 162 this morning but not keeping that as a concrete number since i really did not absorb any food yesterday.Me and the BF finished moving the remainder of the misc stuff at the old apartment last night, Now I just have to go back and pick up about 4 boxes and then there are like 5-7 bags/boxes of clothes and toys to donate that I need to drop off. After that just vacuum/mop wipe down and done! BUT I do now have like 15-20 boxes in my garage to unpack. Obviously nothing we need or I would have went digging for it already! SO all in due time.. Drinking some coffee now, and will cook up some sausage and eggs shortly..

Jami-Nice new ride sure to get lots of sun in that! How's work today?

Angie-Nice to see that scale is behaving like it should! You are doing awesome in class to! I took that class too (conditioning its called here) and omg! I thought I would die.. And of course all the teachers of those classes are also like the football coaches so.. yeah our instructors only rule was ... NO WHINING!! so I did it in my head.. You are getting me motivated.. I SO need to work out and I pay monthly for a gym membership I am not even using!

Tara-Miss you hun! Hope you get some comfort and relaxation this weekend.. Thinking of you!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpeach View Post

!
Thanks! I love it!! I am so busy, my coworker called in sick, and I have a lot of work to do! I need one of these and one of these
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieCakes View Post
Good morning everyone!

I think i'm going to lose consciousness at some point today...

Jami you will be very proud of me... and here is why:

Spring Term started and I have a weight training class on Friday nights from 6 to 7:45. Yesterday we had circuit training. For the ENTIRE HOUR AND FOURTY FIVE MINUTES WE:
1 - Walked the track twice
2 - Did lunges around the track
3 - Did lunges BACKWARDS around the track
4 - Used weights on the stability ball
5 - Went back around the track twice
6 - More weights on the stability ball
7 - Weights on the little reebok steppy thingy
9 - Went back around the track twice
10 - Did wall sits FOR A LONG TIME
11 - Push ups and some thing where you lay on your belly and hold yourself up with your elbows and toes...
12 - More wall sits...

When I left class My knees kept locking and I felt like my legs were going to give out as we all walked down the stairs. I didn't realize how COMPLETELY OUT OF SHAPE I WAS!!! And you know what the weird part is? Even with all that pain and torture.. I kinda liked it.... LOL

I was afraid the scale would go WAY up since i'm not used to working out to that intensity but I saw 163 today.

My legs and arms feel like spaghetti noodles and my core feels like I was beaten repeatedly with a large metal object... I don't know how or when I will recover from this... BUT I DID IT!!!!
YOU WORK IT GIRL!!!!!!!!! I remember that floppy noodle feeling and as much as it kicks your A$$ it feels awesome to have completed the whole workout doesnt it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Angie~ Good job on the workout! I love hearing people say that there _____ feels like noodles when they are done working out! You reached a good level with your workout! Good job!
My legs usually feel like that after every low body workout! Work those sucks till they scream! LOL
I cant believe its that much for a sun roof! Geez! Dh really needed a new car, his was going to die for good.. I figured the JEEP was a good choice, and it means lots of fun for the summer! I have never drove a stick before, so I have spent the last couple days practicing. LOL
I drive a grand am.. 2002. Its paid off, and it runs like new... but.. I sort a want something new now too.. LOL
Hey Jami....Looking good in the new the ride!!!

I've driven stick since I learned how to drive. If I even get in an automatic I keep reaching for the stick ...I also feel like Im lazy in it like I need to be doing something..lol.
Imma wierdo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Tara hun, HOw are you doing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpeach View Post
Good morning family! Hopefully everyone's weekend is off to a good start. My tummy finally calmed down in the afternoon when I got home.. Hey maybe I was just home sick. lol! My scale showed 162 this morning but not keeping that as a concrete number since i really did not absorb any food yesterday.Me and the BF finished moving the remainder of the misc stuff at the old apartment last night, Now I just have to go back and pick up about 4 boxes and then there are like 5-7 bags/boxes of clothes and toys to donate that I need to drop off. After that just vacuum/mop wipe down and done! BUT I do now have like 15-20 boxes in my garage to unpack. Obviously nothing we need or I would have went digging for it already! SO all in due time.. Drinking some coffee now, and will cook up some sausage and eggs shortly..

Angie-Nice to see that scale is behaving like it should! You are doing awesome in class to! I took that class too (conditioning its called here) and omg! I thought I would die.. And of course all the teachers of those classes are also like the football coaches so.. yeah our instructors only rule was ... NO WHINING!! so I did it in my head.. You are getting me motivated.. I SO need to work out and I pay monthly for a gym membership I am not even using!

Tara-Miss you hun! Hope you get some comfort and relaxation this weekend.. Thinking of you!
Hiya Peachie...I'm glad your feeling better now. Hopefully that 163 sticks....

Are you all settled in the new place???
Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Olivia, I agree! It makes it fun to drive... shifting.. I even dreamt about it that night! Isn't that goofy! Wednesday was the first time I ever drove a stick, so now its like a new toy.. LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone! TGIS!!!
Ammie~ How IS the new place?? Are you getting settled and all moved it?

How is everyone? Any plans for the day?
My coworker was sick yesterday.. No one came in to help.. It could have been worse and I was surprised it wasn't. I hope she is better today...
I had a few drinkies last night... BLECH this am. I woke up at 330am and I was still a little,,,, woosie... Glad that wore off, drank 3 bottles of water a couple cups of coffee, and I'm off to work.. Yuck, then I wonder, why do i do this to my self.. YUCK
Old 04-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I want to know how the new place is also!!! Good morning guys! My legs are so sore I want to cry. I had to take 600mgs of Ibuprofen this morning. I can't walk, I can't sit, I can't move. Tried to go to the basement to clean litter boxes and almost screamed and fell down the basement stairs. I don't know what i'm going to do when it's time for laundry later. I hope the Ibuprofen kicks in soon. It didn't help that the day after that ridiculous workout I had to help the coach at my daughter's cheer practice. Their competition is next weekend so we had to help them with the moves. So i'm sore ON TOP of sore. I really want to cry...

Todays plans include... guess what? ANOTHER CHEER PRACTICE! I swear i'm going to die.... That practice is at 3 though so there is time for another Ibuprofen before then LOL

I've tried stretching, but that only makes it worse. My mom told me to take a bath in Epsom salt and offered me some, but my instructor said on Friday that soaking won't do squat, I need to walk... but If I attempt to walk, someone out walking their dog is going to find me laid out on the corner gasping for air in a big puddle of Angiegoo....

I think i'll just go back to bed....

Last edited by AngieCakes; 04-18-2010 at 06:01 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie, That soreness sucks! Im sorry you are feeling bad. This may sound terrible to you, but one thing that really helps me when I am sore like that is to jog if off. No joke.. It hurts at first because the muscles are bouncing around, but, they will warm up and then they start to feel better.. What that does is breaks down the acids that reattatched themselves to the muscle fibers. A good slow jog for 30 minutes breaks them away, then drink lots of water and it will flush them all out.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Angie, That soreness sucks! Im sorry you are feeling bad. This may sound terrible to you, but one thing that really helps me when I am sore like that is to jog if off. No joke.. It hurts at first because the muscles are bouncing around, but, they will warm up and then they start to feel better.. What that does is breaks down the acids that reattatched themselves to the muscle fibers. A good slow jog for 30 minutes breaks them away, then drink lots of water and it will flush them all out.

*sigh* that's exactly what my instructor said... she said to walk it off, keep them moving, don't leave them idle. I guess I don't really have a choice. LOL May have to wait for the painkiller to kick in before I go though. I don't think I can jog, but I can walk briskly (maybe) LMAO.

Anything to feel better...
Old 04-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone! Angie -- sorry you are feeling so bad .... the only time I remember that kind of feeling was when I was in high school and we would start our volleyball/basketball workouts after being out and lazy all summer .... It will go away and it does help if you walk it off somewhat .... but I know that is the last thing you want to do. If I tried to do half of the workout you did, they would be calling an ambulance to come pick me up! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Hi Jami!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Everyone!!

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tara

Hi Olivia!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 AM   #137

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Good morning everone! and a happy Monday to ya!
Busy Bisy weekend... Friday afternoon/night was spent moving the final nooks and cranies out of the apartment and cleaning a tad. Then saturday back for more cleaning. Wiping base boards and walls, vacuuming, etc.. Man you think your place is clean until you are all moved out and then.. eww.. like why is there various dirt spots on the walls in my kids room? I think from their feet?! nasty lil devils!! lmao! And then my bf spent an hour cleaning my son's artwork off their bedroom wall! ugh that kid! SO anyways.. the new place is GREAT and I LOVE IT!! Huge backyard for my lil ones, nice open floor plan and when I am cooking/doing dishes I am not secluded anymore! LOVE IT!! The only thing that drives me CRAZY is that all of the neighborhood cats (no offense to my cat people) want to use our front and backyard as a litter box. I mean really really frustrating! especially when our neices and nephews come over. I had just cleaned up any piles in the yard and then a new one popped up as my nephew (1 1/2yo) was running through the lawn. luckily we saw it before he did. My bf said we shouls get a dog so that they don't come in the yard.. I was like duh! just a different kind of poop to clean up! ok.. too early for poop talk?!

Tara-glad you are doing ok and that it will all be over soon hopefully!

Jami- Let the weekend begin!

Angie- ok, i said you were motivating me to work out! lol! this is why I haven't started yet.. I remember the pain all too well.. no pain no gain -right?! Hope you are feeling better this morning hun!

Olivia-Good morning sweets! How are you today? feeling GOOD I hope!! oh yea and who ever that person was, they were a Dumb ARSE!!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Hi peach, soo glad you showed up, was getting lonely here once olivia went to snooze.

You can buy a packet of crystals to sprinkle on you lawn which will keep animals off from any pet store, it doesn't last too long with rain etc but does break the habit. Be grateful you don't have six adult Boerboels and ten pups. I could start my own manure factory- have to pick up twice a day for adults, puppies get fed and cleaned three time a day.
Have a wonderful day.
P.S
In total agreement regarding the dummie !

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.

Last edited by alanP; 04-19-2010 at 05:09 AM..
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning guys and thank you all so much for the encouragement. Yesterday morning I got in 2 hours of walking and core exercises. No walking today. I'm so close to calling into work it's UNREAL!! I can't move and I want to cry when I walk down the stairs.

LOL If I keep it up, the pain goes away right? ouch...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!
Angie, Dang Im so sorry you are still that sore... butt and thighs?? the pain WILL go away, there is always the initial HOLY CRAP THIS HURTS feeling, then after that smooth sailing!

Hi Ammie, you are a busy girl!!
Hi Alan, how are the babies?!
Olivia... Hi girl.. Sorry about the disgruntled drive by in you journal.. Can you believe that. You handled it great! You ARE doing a great job.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Puppies are lovely, all have new parents lined up, two will be coming to USA, one to Chicago and one to Florida. How do I post photo's ??? I'm rather clueless.

Just about home time, am going to savage a large rump steak this evening, have been hungry today for some reason?
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

thanx ladies and gents. I'm not worried about whom ever it may be. To each their own.

Angie~ Whens your next weight training class? or is it just fridays? You have done AWESOME!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
thanx ladies and gents. I'm not worried about whom ever it may be. To each their own.

Angie~ Whens your next weight training class? or is it just fridays? You have done AWESOME!!!
THANK YOU It's not this Friday but next Friday. I plan to go walking again Wednesday if my legs don't fall off by then.

As you guys can see I changed my stats. I decided not to wait 3 more pounds and go to OWL. So today I started. I'll let you know how it goes. I just had an epiphany that I'm too close and feeling too deprived with my current menu and want to switch things up a bit. Mind you, if this doesn't work, I'm back on induction until I figure it all out LOL
Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

That's how it works. Moving up an seeing how things work for you. Look at that new stat!! I'm so proud of you! I hope your legs feel better soon. A few more work outs like that or even give it til the end of the week and you will feel better.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THANK YOU so much!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate (and desperately need) the support.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Thats why I love this site. I have really grown close to all of you and look forward to seeing all of your accomplishments and getting support here when I feel I want to throw the towel in. I started reinduction on sat and today down 6lbs. Without my "support group" it woudl be hard to stay focused through it all.

Like I use to say so often on the original thread is:

We can do this, Lets make it happen!!! I have to post that more often. It fuels me. Did you ever read the original thread they closed? Not the one previous to this one? I'll post the link......It shows how Tara, Jami and peachie and few others made it through the first 3mons of this woe.

I think I will read it again and pull some of that motivation that I originally had back to light!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Thats why I love this site. I have really grown close to all of you and look forward to seeing all of your accomplishments and getting support here when I feel I want to throw the towel in. I started reinduction on sat and today down 6lbs. Without my "support group" it woudl be hard to stay focused through it all.

Like I use to say so often on the original thread is:

We can do this, Lets make it happen!!! I have to post that more often. It fuels me. Did you ever read the original thread they closed? Not the one previous to this one? I'll post the link......It shows how Tara, Jami and peachie and few others made it through the first 3mons of this woe.

I think I will read it again and pull some of that motivation that I originally had back to light!

I think I read that one, the one right before this one? I didn't read the whole thread but most of it. it's nice to go back and get that original motivation.

CONGRATS ON YOUR 6 POUND LOSS!!! That is fanctastic
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Yah...I just skimmed throught the first page right now and just seeing the enthusiasm I had behind starting up then was great! I'm going to read through it and really look back at what I made happen and where i've come so far.

here is the link incase anyone missed that thread. Its no longer on the atkins induction forum you have to search it now.

Atkins Induction Newbies

Also reading how awesome Tara has done is such and inspiration also. She has really done so well and pushed through alot of difficulties with ease.

All you guys have done so well!!!

Feeling a little Mother Hen-ish right now...lol.

((((((((((((((((( HUGS EVERYONE ))))))))))))))
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh my goodness! Olivia, thanks for posting that thread!..... Oh the memories. I love them...
Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

I know, right! I havent read up on it yet but will later when I have some more free time. It has been a journey!