Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #91

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Good morning everyone! Late I know.. Yes. there is an evil scale virus going around.. I am @ 165.4. I am going to start actually counting my carbs and writing down what I eat. Although I only eat on plan foods.. Some extra carbs are sneaking in somewhere.. hmm..

Tara- I am sorry for your ugly week.. you are in my thoughts and prayers.. sincerely! I was thinking of you last night as I was doing dishes.. wandering how you were doing. when will the hell be over? Saturday or Monday?

Alan-you are doing awesome! keep losing no matter how slow.. you will be there in no time.

Angie-all I can say is keep moving.. it will go down again.. and when it does you will be so happy that you stayed on plan!

Jami-You look great and don't need liposuction.. keep working those muscles..
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #92

Bflo-Hey girl! great job on the 5k. I still have not managed to get my but into running again, but hope to soon. great job!
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Tara~ I have been holding you in my prayers. I hope this week finishes up on a good note and quickly!

My scale batties died again........boohoooo!!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good morning to all my wonderful friends

I was thinking of you all while walking the dogs this morning. I really owe you all so much. I still remember lurking on this thread and being amazed at how cheerful ,supportive and tenacious you all were. I lurked on many threads for a few weeks but I have to say that you ladies are in a class of your own.

Once again, thank you all so much, it is not the slightest exaggeration to say that you have changed my life.

Tara~ Am still praying for you, the week will be over before you know it. With all you are being subjected to you really should not beat yourself up over eating off plan, it's most probably help you keep sane However no excuses for not drinking water

Peach~ hope you wake up feeling much better and you had a good day off. I'm a huge fan of your journal.

Jami~ I don't think you need surgery, you got a great figure. An eye test maybe ?? You have made such a transformation that you should actually toss the scale.

The evil one I was talking about was the Wooshhies evil twin who gives instead of taking away.

Angie ~ hope today is sooo much less frustrating for you and the correct fairy visits, I'm envious of how close to goal you are.

Miss G ~ Congrats on the loss, ditch the scale, I will never forget how amazed I was when you posted your measurements which showed how many inches you'd lost. That is what inspired me to start measuring and it's a huge help to me when the scale is 'stuck'.

Bflo and Cat

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

speaking of measurements....I really need to do them again. I havent done measurements since Feb. ITs well past due time!! I more then likely will ditch the scale for awhile but since its been a major factor on keeping me OP and focused Im fretting over the possibility of not staying motivated since I cant weigh. If I cant weigh then I dont know If Im doing the right thing.

In my head thats all that makes sense!!!

You have done so well in the last 2mons its re-fraken-daculous!!!!!!

ALAN...........52lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to you and your fresh new start!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, I really owe you a lot, you got me started, am cutting and pasting measurements and will post the latest today.

I feel like a new person compared to three months ago.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

and I will post my new bigger measurements (since I am at a higher weight now) tomorrow morning...lol..while you are sleeping......

I wonder how many inches I gained back. My clothes still fit good....a lil snugger but still able to wear the same ones I was wearing when I was 197ish......
Old 04-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Tara.....hun how ya holding up???

Angiecakes~ How are you doing girly???

Bflo!!!!!!!! Congrats on doing that 5k....how rewarding!!!!!! Have a wonderful Vacay!!!

Sobby!!! Hows the week going without the hubbs??

Peachie......How'd ur off day go???

Jami.....You do not need lipo!!!!!!!!! I completely agree with what alan said!!!! Your a hawt momma!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Have posted measurements as of yesterday, not much difference for the last two weeks. Thought I would post anyway as then it keeps me accountable.

Date---- 3.2.10-------15.5.10
Weight-- 335-----------283
Waist----53.5----------48
Chest----52-----------47.5
Thighs---29------------26
Arms---- 18------------16

I seem to be 'growing loose skin, any ideas on how to get rid of it???
Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #100

Good morning everyone!! Back on my 2am grind! hope everyone is off to a wonderful start this morning! Can we name the whoosie fairy's evil twin because he keeps coming to my house too.. up to 166 this morning.. how about wheezie -well that makes me think of Lil Wayne.. which umm.. yeah.. too funny!! lmao! How about whamie? hahaha.. ok..enough..

Alan-morning/afternoon hun! thanks on always being so encouraging and positive, it really helps to wake up to at this gawd awful hour! loose skin.. aahhh unfortunately I know that all too well. All I can say is moisturize, drink lots of water (which you do) and excercise the most you can. that is really the only advice I have been given and also be patient, in time the natural elasticity will kick in. There is also this dry brushing that I have heard works well, although I have only done it a few times not consistent enough to see a change. But you may want to give it a whirl, just stick with it. just search the threads or google "dry brushing"

Olivia-hey girl! day off was well.. ok.. slept a bit and then continued unpacking.. trying to get the flow of things back. this kitchen is set up so differently from my last one I am trying to get my groove back.. lol!! in time

Tara-Morning sweets! It is Thursday.. almost over! thinking if you

everyone -have a great day..
Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Morning Peach, sorry they haven't changed your hours but on a selfish level still happy to see you at midday here.
Wooshies evil twin must be a female, no male could be sooo cunning,cold and vicious
looked up on the dry brushing, looks good, not to keen on having skin cut but will if necessary, I haven't gone this far to have a skin apron!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Good morning you two! Hope I find you in good spirits this morning. It's spring here and I love this time of year. Although it's raining out, the smell is incredible. And I LOVE THUNDERSTORMS!! I'm one of those crazy people that goes through the house and opens all the windows and shades and curtains during a thunderstorm. Or outside when I had a screened in porch. I love it. No thunder/lightning this morning but i'll take the rain. Just don't like that my basement walls are leaking... I remember a couple summers ago during a hailstorm, we opened the living room window and me and the kids just sat in the window watching. I was more concerned about my car LOL but I was still fascinated. My daughter was a little scared but once I started to explain the phenomena of it all, her interest was peaked. I'm such a nerd when it comes to weather and space and basically i'm an all around nerd I've rubbed off on my son who loves to have deep, philosophical discussions about the cosmos and asks some pretty hard questions at times. I love it.

I'm so totally rambling. I do that when my felines wake me up this early for no particular reason other than to show me how fast they can race through the house. Had a crazy dream about my coworkers which means i'm working too much and need a vacation LOL!

Back down to 165 today but at this point, I don't really trust my scale. We've been fighting all week! LOL

Hope you all have a great Thursday.
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Hi Angie,
You would love the thunderstorms over here! They are really spectacular and pretty much like clockwork in summer, from 3-5 in the afternoon, everything seems so fresh and clean afterwards.
The hailstorms can be a bit much though.

Should we start a 'burn your scale' movement ?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Hi Angie,
You would love the thunderstorms over here! They are really spectacular and pretty much like clockwork in summer, from 3-5 in the afternoon, everything seems so fresh and clean afterwards.
The hailstorms can be a bit much though.

Should we start a 'burn your scale' movement ?
I totally have to visit then. I was bummed last summer because we barely had any storms. Just rain, no thunder, nothing. We did have a tornado though LOL Those can be pretty bad, first one we had in the city in about 20 years. They usually hit the prairie, way up north.

LOL @ Burn the scale movement!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good morning everyone! thank you all for your encouragement! I guess, with my OCD problems, and insecurity, I nit pick every little flaw I see in the mirror. I hate the mirror and the scale... They are a bunch of liars! Am I right!

Olivia, I love your new pic!

Alan, is it your birthday?? I have no idea how to get rid of lose skin. Surgery is the only thing I think... My mom just lost weight, 30lbs.. and she is having the same issue..

Hi Amy, Ammie, Tara, Angie..
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jami, Nope, not my birthday, what gave you that idea, my b day in January.

Will decide in November if surgery is neccessary, may incorporate it into a few weeks holiday. Scale and mirrors lie, trust us for the truth, you look great !
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 AM   #107

Yes we are the ONLY voice of reason
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

:
[QUOTE=missgreeneyedenvy;13372196]
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post

!![/B]
Quote:

:
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jami i'd like to also give you A BIG HONKIN E-HUG because you have been WORKING that body for life program and dropping inches like crazy. Very proud of you, you'll be a huge inspiration for me once I can get these old bones in the groove.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

jami....when someone says Happy Birthday on here it can either mean it literally or be a way of expressing congrats like...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! lmao......Thats why I was saying Happy birthday instead of pointing out that he had lost 52lbs....
Old 04-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone
Old 04-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hi Angie, I've been slack today, read all the post about six hrs ago but didn't manage to get around to replying. My only excuse is that I'm a man and like any good man has made procratiation an art form

Been quite busy today, hope you all have a weekend that far exceeds your expectations ( even Jami who has to work while the rest of us relax)

Jami ~:blush::blush::blush: I get it ( finally).:blush::blush: Hope you have a terrific anniversary in spite of working !!!

Last edited by alanP; 04-16-2010 at 05:42 AM..
Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AngiE~ Thank you sweetie!! I just feel like YOU have all inspired me too! Even though we dont have the same woe anymore, its still nice to be surrounded by great motivating friends...

Olivia~ Ah ha! LOL Thats funny.. I have never really paid attention the the congrats, and happy birthday thing before..That can be very confusing

Alan~ LOL Hope you have a great day! OR night...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #116

Good morning everyone!! Hope everyone is having a great friday so far!! My tummy is way messed up today!! All i want is saltine crackers

Alan-have a great weekend, we will miss u!! Oh and if you do indulge in a bit of merlot this evening.. Toast to your girls!!

Jami-happy monday!! Hope work goes well for you

angie-good morning? How are you? Hope you are staying away from that demon they call the scale! Lol!!

Tara-miss u -thinking of you !

olivia-good morning sunshine!! How are you?
Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ammie! Thanks!! Happy Friday for you! Do you have plans for the weekend? SOrry about you yucky tummy... I hope THAT goes away fast!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

I think i'm going to lose consciousness at some point today...

Jami you will be very proud of me... and here is why:

Spring Term started and I have a weight training class on Friday nights from 6 to 7:45. Yesterday we had circuit training. For the ENTIRE HOUR AND FOURTY FIVE MINUTES WE:
1 - Walked the track twice
2 - Did lunges around the track
3 - Did lunges BACKWARDS around the track
4 - Used weights on the stability ball
5 - Went back around the track twice
6 - More weights on the stability ball
7 - Weights on the little reebok steppy thingy
9 - Went back around the track twice
10 - Did wall sits FOR A LONG TIME
11 - Push ups and some thing where you lay on your belly and hold yourself up with your elbows and toes...
12 - More wall sits...

When I left class My knees kept locking and I felt like my legs were going to give out as we all walked down the stairs. I didn't realize how COMPLETELY OUT OF SHAPE I WAS!!! And you know what the weird part is? Even with all that pain and torture.. I kinda liked it.... LOL

I was afraid the scale would go WAY up since i'm not used to working out to that intensity but I saw 163 today.

My legs and arms feel like spaghetti noodles and my core feels like I was beaten repeatedly with a large metal object... I don't know how or when I will recover from this... BUT I DID IT!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 AM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Jami!!! Look at that ride! You look good in it too girl!! I wish I had something with the top off. I called about putting a sunroof in my grand prix and they told me 700-900 I quickly got rid of that idea LOL!!!

Congrats on the new ride!!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie~ Good job on the workout! I love hearing people say that there _____ feels like noodles when they are done working out! You reached a good level with your workout! Good job!
My legs usually feel like that after every low body workout! Work those sucks till they scream! LOL
I cant believe its that much for a sun roof! Geez! Dh really needed a new car, his was going to die for good.. I figured the JEEP was a good choice, and it means lots of fun for the summer! I have never drove a stick before, so I have spent the last couple days practicing. LOL
I drive a grand am.. 2002. Its paid off, and it runs like new... but.. I sort a want something new now too.. LOL