Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Olivia~ YAH!! Where have they been all my life!! I tried monster and didn't notice anything from it. The Amp made me feel, happy, energetic and ... happy!! LOL
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good Morning ladies, Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Felt very gloomy on Friday, the political and racial tension in this country is getting really hectic. You have morons on both sides feuling the flames.

For the first time ever I'm considering moving. Could possibly be your neighbor by the end of next year! I've been made a very good business proposition to buy into a business and manage it in Florida. I have absolutely no idea WRT Florida, so have lots of homework to do before deciding.

The puppies are doing well, their eyes have opened and they are now trying to walk but their back legs are still too weak to support them.

Stuck to my eating plan for the weekend, still no Melot !

Lawmom~ Hope you are coping with your difficult week, my prayers are with you Don't stop drinking your water.

Peach ~ Happy to see you survived the move and didn't end up strangling kids or partner. I hope you are all very happy and prosperous in your new home.

Angie ~ You should consider advertising for a stud male for your girl. Glad all is back to normal with you.

Jami ~ Seems you're starting your weekend today, hope today is special for you.

Jessie, Bflo and Cat

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning! Alan, glad you are back ... hope you have success in whatever you decide to do ... Of course, I personally believe that the USA is the only place to live!!!

Well, I am stressed, couldn't sleep, and therefore decided to do my morning check in. Had a bad weekend dietwise and am up to 173 this morning. Alan, I am going to try to take your advice and drink water... but man, my stomach is in knots ... it is going to be hard to stay OP this week due to time constraints... it will likely be a fast food week

Hope everyone has a great week. I will try to check in when I can ...
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
I was thinking about that Alan, definitely something i'd consider.

We may be across an ocean from each other but i've definitely been aware of the history of the racial tension in your country (i'm a sucker for history and current affairs). I hope that things get better before they get worse. When politics and old history is involved, who knows what could happen. Take care of yourself over there.

Just for fun, my kids and I were trying to name all the countries on the different continents. When we got to Africa, I said South Africa and my daugher says "Mom, South Africa is just the southern part of the continent DUH!!" LOL Needless to say we had a great lesson on geography that night LOL

Lawmom, water has been my staple but I know how hard it can be when you aren't feeling up to it. Hope you feel better soon.

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Still haven't figured out why my cats think just because i'm awake in the morning they can run marathons though my house...
AngieCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tara and Angie,
Tara, Thanks, Never been to USA, contemplating a flying visit of a few days to suss out Florida.

just keep drinking(water, not Dr Peppers) and you'll eventually flush out the Knots( or Vomit)

Still praying for you

Angie, at the moment it's nearly impossible to name all the countries in Africa as the names change very often. I really do love this country but think it's now getting time for a change. It's also getting very dangerous and I worry a lot about my daughter.

Anyway no gloom and doom today, the sun is shiny, pups are healthy, Olivia is back, I stalked Bflo on another thread and Cat is sure to appear soon so all is well with the world, oh and nearly forgot, Jami is about to win a lot of money!

Seems as if Peach and Jami are having a lie -in this morning!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alan, The political and racial crap isn't any better here hun.. People have been very mean to eachother lately.. The days we are in now, its only going to get worse I hope you are feeling better today, and that you have a great day.. I love haveing a long "weekend" There is nothing better than a day off from work. IF I had a glass of wine with it, it would be better

Tara, did you say you were UP to 173?? How low were you?? Sorry I missed it if you posted that. Thats great! I had a bad diet weekend too... that darn food monster that dweleth inside of the darkest pits of my brain haunts me constatnly!... stupid food monster.. I have to blame it on someone right! LOL

Good Morning to everyone else! NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE!!! Only 3 weeks out and I have to be 100% clean. Workouts are no prob, but its getting very hard to eat 100% DOH!!!
Today will be UPWO! I love it!

I hope you all have a great day, and that the weather is just as beautiful for you as it is here
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #67

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Good morning Good morning!!

Yes- I got to sleep in until 7 today. I had taken today off to hopefully finish off the move. Have to take my daughters to school in about 20 minutes and then back to the old place.

Alan
- for you and your daughter.. Be safe over there!

Tara-I am praying for you also.. and if it has to be a fast food week than so be it. you gotta do what you gotta do. Just no fries or buns!!

everyone.. have a blessed morning.. will be back!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #68

Good morning everyone! How is everyone doing today? well I hope!

-Back to the work grind.. **sigh**
Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Good morning to all my favourite people

Decided I WILL be cheerful today and the violence and brutality of this country will not get the better of me. Lost a very good friend in a Hi -jacking last week and that got to me.

Thanks for the kind words, they really are appreciated. I have been very good with my food and not had so much as a sniff of Merlot for almost three weeks, possibly I'm not depressed, just in a state of shock

Happy to announce that my new pants I bought recently are getting very loose and I might need to buy smaller in a week or two.
Wishing you all a wonderful day filled with happiness and love( and lots of water!!!!)
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. I'm here but i've lost my mojo (Alan, mojo just means your spark, or your determination, etc). I'm down in the dumps today. I knew this wasn't going to be easy when I started. Today is just one of those days.

Check out these fluctuations:

Week one
Thursday 4-1 = 167
Friday 4-2 = 167.5
Saturday 4-3 = 167

Week two
Sunday 4-4 = 167
Monday 4-5 = 165
Tuesday 4-6 = 165
Wednesday 4-7 = 164.5
Thursday 4-8 = 165
Friday 4-9 = 165
Saturday 4-10 = 165.5

Week Three
Sunday 4-11 = 164.5
Monday 4-12 = 164
Tuesday 4-13 = 166 <-----
Wednesday 4-14
Thursday 4-15
Friday 4-16

TOM is over. I'm doing everything i'm supposed to. I don't go off plan at all. I drink my water. I planned to go to OWL at 160 to incorporate more foods. I'm bummed. Will I ever get there? Ugh...

Just hug me, then smack the crap out of me and i'll be back to normal. No amount of coffee this morning is going to get my spirits up. It's gloomy and rainy outside and inside.

Just had to vent that out...
Old 04-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Angie

In times like this only an Irish coffee will suffice and the whisky is zero carb!

I really feel for you as I have followed how strictly you follow your WOE.

Praying for whoooshie to vist you!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I got the whooshie, just the wrong one LOL Thank you so much Alan, you've been very supportive. *note to self: Get some whiskey*
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie! UGH! I hate those wrong way whooshies! I think something is wrong with your fairy.. maybe she was hung over... LOL Thats just part of it.. I complain every time I see that fargin' scale go up, but, it goes back down again...
Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #74

Angie- omg! This morning i was @ 166 also!! I know it doesn't help how you are feeling, but. I was 164 last week.. Tom came on friday, left last night/this morning and i am left@ 166. And it is frustrating the only thing that i can think of is that i have not been drinking hardly any water and not eating enough. The majority of my stamina for the last 4 days has been pure caffeine! bad i know.. So.. First off then.. :smack:!!! Lol!! Look at it this way.. What choice do u have? Keep persisting knowing that with some patience it will go back down.. Maybe tweak ur menu a bit? OR forget it, throw ur hands up, go off plan and see how nice that scale is to you then?! Lmao!! Hang in there sweets.. I am right there with you, I Promise - cross my heart we will get through this -together!!

Alan- i am so sorry for your loss and what you are going through, i can not say i know how you feel but just know that we care and are praying for you and your loved ones. and on a lighter note, congrats on the baggy pants! Hi5!!

Last edited by sourpeach; 04-13-2010 at 08:34 AM..
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much I appreciate the encouragement you guys
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
angie...remember when you were stuck at 171-172 for awhile??? remember it took awhile to break through that number and then you dropped again? It happens. You have to remember that. You might be idle at this same number give take it a lb or so but after it decides to move again...I'm pretty sure it will drop to that 160 quickly. Don't give up.....Just remember .....its so very normal for you to teeter here and there.
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Olivia~ You have always been SO supportive, and you always know the right things to say to make a girl
Old 04-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I remember that MissG. I'm just annoyed with the whole process and i'm being a baby about it. Thank you for the encouraging words.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie, Your no being a baby! VENT away when ever you want! You have seen all my periodic vent fests. I can carry on something fierce! You are just fine, and you'll see that those numbers will continue to drop In the mean time, I'm sure that you will see your clothes getting baggier.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Jami
Old 04-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #81
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
just wanted to stop in and say ladies!! hope everyones having a good day!
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienevins0314 View Post
just wanted to stop in and say ladies!! hope everyones having a good day!
Hey there missy! Where you been hiding at? Don't be a stranger..
Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Hey Hey everyone!!

Hope this message finds everyone happy and healthy!! Dropped off the face of the earth for a while, but there is a lull in the craziness and I wanted to pop my head in! Been staying OP, running 5Ks and training for more Set my personal best record for a 5K this morning and I am looking forward to improving from here!

Haven't been on the scale in a week or so. It was up 2 lbs from my "low" stat, but eh, whatevs. Hope the whooshie fairy is good to you all!

Kids are off next week for break, so we are hoping to head out of town on vacation!! YAY!!!
bflogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Morning all,

Weighed yesterday and had every blood test known to man done. Only lost one pound ! Was expecting better as I've been very strict the last week but at least it's not a gain. Will get all the test results on Friday. Need to measure this evening, need to slow my life down, far too hectic.

Bflo`~ overjoyed you're back, was about to arrange search parties for you and Cat.

Peach ~ Thanks again for the support and kind words.

angie ~ Wooshie on way.

Jami, Miss G, Jessie, Cat and LawMom.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone ... just checking in. I am going through the week from hades and well ... not OP at all. Sad to say that I have had both the bun and french fries this week... Dinner last night was a PB&J sandwich (with real bread) ... So I am off plan knowing it isn't smart but determined to get back on track as soon as this week is behind me .... Haven't checked the scale ... but come Saturday I will be back to daily weighing. Have enough outside stress that I just don't want to contend with monitoring my food choices this week...

Alan as you said you are down a pound .... one of the hardest things about this WOE for me is the fact you lose a lot in the beginning and then that slows to what should be a normal rate 1-2 pounds per week .... then many of us get disappointed and fall off the wagon because we aren't losing fast enough. Don't get discouraged, you are doing great...and in the end slow and steady wins the race!!!! (And yes I give my spill even as I, myself am having a conscious off plan week)...

Hope everyone else is having a great week!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning you guys

Last edited by AngieCakes; 04-14-2010 at 05:12 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alan, exactly what lawmom said. In the beginning it's so fast it's unbelievable, and then it slowwwwwss waaayyyy dooooowwwwn. I'm okay with 1 or 2 pounds a week because those 1 or 2 pounds add up. At least you're not going up, which is good.

You will get to goal and you will be boob-free (lol). It just takes a little longer after awhile.

If it's any consolation, i'm so frustrated I could scream. Even after all the good advice you guys have given me, and even though I know i'm doing everything right. Im another .5 pounds up today. From 164 to 166.5 in the course of 2 days. It's making me sick, tired, annoyed, ready to throw in the towel, pissed, cranky, etc.
But that's because my mind tells me I must be doing something wrong, even though i'm not. It's all in our minds which is why weight loss is as much psychological as it is physiological and physical.

Hang in there. WE WILL do this. Even if we get discouraged we have to keep our eye on the prize. If you want to feel bad, do it. I felt horrible all day yesterday. Which is surprising because usually the scale doesn't have that effect on me. Even when I don't lose. I know it's normal. But when i'm so close I can smell it, and the whoosh fairy's evil twin keeps showing up at my house when i'm sleeping, it's discouraging. WE'VE COME SO FAR!!! And now the battle gets tougher.

Do you have your battle gear on?

Last edited by AngieCakes; 04-14-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Morning Tara and Angie

Thanks Tara, it is difficult when you are sticking to a strict eating plan and see little or no results.

I'm just trying to look at it as that I'm a whole lot better off than I was at the beginning of the year. If nothing else I've met a wonderful group of people that have really brightend up my life.

I still need to lose 20kg's to be considered normal for my height 6.3 , and I know I will lose it but patience has never been one of my virtues!

Thinking of and praying for you during your Hell week, on the bright side it's halfway through.

I would kill for a PB sandwitch on any type of bread. This friday will definately be Merlot night!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Angie, I don't wish this on you but it is nice to know I'm not alone in this sudden sticking scale syndrome.

Good news is boobs are half the size they were but still far too obvious. If I wasn't such a coward I'd have a serious liposuction done all over my body I actually looked into it but chickened out at the last moment.

I'm actually terrified that I could get a visit from the evil one as I don't have the strength you and the other girls do. I think it's a man thing, we are definately the weaker sex.

As you said, together we can do it.( with lot's of screaming and swearing along the way.)

Have an awesome day!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone!!
So, is there a scale virus going around or what! Dont get discouraged you guys... Like Tara said, loses will slow down and reach the normal levels of losing. Those little fat cells are hard to rid of! If you lose too fast you'll lose precious muscle, and that muscle is what keeps your engines burning! So, take in a deep breath, and just wait out those pesky stalls.. Weight loss will resume again

Alan, I am all about cosmetic surgery!! I am wanting lipo too! I have those areas on my legs that will not shrink! The fat is like concrete and I cant get rid of it. Plus I want a new pair of "ladies" LOL What do you mean by a visit from the evil one?? Stall?? Oh, sorry.. the same that we should not mention?? LOL
I didn't realize how tall you are I bet you look really good now!!! oh my gosh! You are at 283 now!! Geez guy! Good job! I just happened to look up as I was typing!
I never lose scale weight.. My body does not want to go under 140, ever.. but, im happy with the scale weight, as long as other numbers keep going down.

Speaking of numbers. I still weight the same as when I started my challenge. But the numbers on the tape measure are getting smaller. I have lost 2 inches off each thigh,
Chest 34in
waist 25in
hips 35in
low hips, across butt, 37in
thighs, 21in.. were 23