Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KWAY2B185
Stats: 254.4/248.8/185
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 26, 2014/January 29, 2014(Atkins 72)
MissG...thanks, I can use all the help I can get. Here is my story. I started Atkins Induction on 1/26. I read the "New Atkins for a New You" and followed for 3 days. The list of induction vegetables was rather big. I dabbled a little in mushrooms, tomatoes, salad, spinach, & brussel sprouts ensuring that I kept it under 20 grams of net carbs daily. Then I got on the scale Tuesday night and it showed and increase of 3lbs (257 lbs). I was a little discouraged, thinking maybe it was because I wasn't having enough fiber...so I and got on the boards and found the flax muffin in a minute...had that with a little cream cheese although it was after my normal eating time of 7 pm. Things started moving Wednesday morning. I weighed again and showed a loss of .2 from my start weight of 254.4. It was encouraging enough.

Just prior to that I was awake early Wednesday morning around 4 am and read about Atkins '72 on the boards here and decided to start it immediately. So my only veggies have been the salad and 1 raddish, and small portion of a cucumber. Also found out yesterday that I was in ketosis because I have this horrible taste in my mouth that makes me feel like my breath stinks!

My driving force to lose weight, although my cholesterol levels and other numbers are great, my father is diabetic and I had a health scare back in July. My doctor told me to cut out carbs & white stuff but to eat fruit, meats, veggies and whole grains. I didn't lose not one pound and I was running two miles at least 3-4 days a week. Talk about frustrating. After three months, I realized that carbs were not my friend. It took me another four months to prepare myself for this lifestyle change and to honestly, accept that I can not eat too many carbs regardless if I like them or not. I want to live long like my grandmother did(she died at 92)...those genes run in my family and I want to benefit from them too by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. My ultimate goal is 180-185 lbs. Honestly, 199 will work for me. I would LOVE for the weight to fall off very quickly like I have read on some of these threads but I want to remain realistic and I will be happy with 5-10 lbs a month. My first mini goal is 245 lb. Then I want to be in the 220s by April. Then I will set more goals as I go. I am very determined to do this.

I am 5' 8" so although I am tall, my weight doesn't show too much (but I know it's there) and have always been told that I carry it well. BUT I want my thighs, butt, arms, and stomach to be smaller. I remember my body ten years ago when I was in the army...I was in shape, I was an active runner and was even running 2 miles this past October non stop in about 25 minutes until I stopped. Once you stop, well you know, it makes it harder to start again.

Here is my daily menu that includes at least 96 oz of water daily..I really count with the 16 oz bottles that keep refilled with water..I use a tick mark while at my desk:

I don't eat after 7 pm (but I do drink water)
B: 4 eggs scrambled in butter/bacon grease, 3-4 slices of bacon or pork sausage
S: 2 boiled eggs
L: chicken salad made with Dukes mayo(no sugar) & boiled eggs, 1 cup salad greens w/1 raddish & small portion of a cucumber, few dashes of red wine vinegar & oil for the dressing
S: 2 boiled eggs
D: either a repeat of the chicken salad or pork roast(crock pot) or bacon wrapped burgers and cup salad greens w/1 raddish & small portion of a cucumber, few dashes of red wine vinegar & oil for the dressing

Sorry, this is long. I haven't really shared my weight story with anyone other that on this thread. Thanks for listening.

KWAY2B185 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Good Morning Kway!

Please, do not apologize for wanting to release what you are feeling . Express all you want, that is how we acknowledge who we are and where we want to be.

I think your menu is on point! One of the reasons you may have seen an increase on the scale when you first started was mainly due to the vegetable intake. Veggies are high in fiber as well. Everyone eats a different protocol but I feel adding to many veggies over the course of a day will leave you feeling a bit bloated.

By minimizing your daily allotment of certain source veggies you'll see a steady decline on the scale.

Oh.... In regards to the minute muffins, those tricky lil things can have the same affect. Those are perfect if you need to regulate your bathroom duties...lol. They also can mimic false weight gain... it isn't though so if you do see an increase do not get alarmed. Those in moderation are delicious and you can make them all types of ways.

It looks like you have the perfect driving force behind getting yourself back to where you want to be.

Always remember to be true to you and there are going to be rough days......trust! It's for you to decide whether or not you want change bad enough....we all get to the point where we don't want to who we've turned into. We long to be where we once were.......and we hold all the control in the world in our own hands.

I'm glad you came back on and checked the thread again. I'm here....and will be here to help you out.

ask anything
talk about anything (except mentioning any websites/links..its a no no on lcf )

It's always good to have someone there for you to keep the motivation and determination going!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
AND, we Ba-ack !!!!!!
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Hey there! Should we start a new family thread? So we can all congregate in one location?
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Hi, I think thats a marvelous idea. Thrilled to have emoticons again too !!!
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote