Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 05:38 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Cat !!!! So great to see you found your way home!
I don't often go onto FB, prefer here where I haven't got half the country dissecting my every word. Lots of personal stuff going on so would rather just bumble away in my happy little comfort Zone.
Hope you and the gang all well and behaving ?
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:35 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi Alan! Hope you are well. I see you are trying to resurrect the old site. I will say the support found on this thread (and all of the regulars including Miss G, Ammie, Cat and others) were instrumental in keeping me on track through two different low carb periods. Hopefully you can get us all back in revival mode!

I am back up to my original starting weight and need to get back in gear! I started over again Jan 2nd, got sick and then caved on my grandson's birthday on Saturday. Now, I am trying to restart tomorrow... we will see... I remember back in high school I used to dread athletics where we had our "drill sergeant" coach making us run every, single day. Now, I wish I had someone to force me to stay on track and exercise...because I am "weak" and have such a hard time staying motivated
Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Hi Tara, Lovely to have you back - and to be back myself ! I'm just starting induction again, have packed on a lot of weight again and know that if the 'Sisters" return to this site I'm sure we can once again lose it.

I'm starting again with just very simple low carb as that works best for me, my cooking is still atrocious. I'm embarrased to say I'm battling with drinking enough water, and that's what I used to nag everyone else about.

Lcf always gives me a sense of hope and tons of motivation.
All the best
Alan

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:32 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

I still haven't restarted I cannot shake this cold/congestion stuff. Nothing tastes good, sounds good, etc. and I need to go to the grocery store desperately. Water, of course, is always a problem for me.

I promise that by the end of the weekend I will be back on track. Necessity (and the fact it is pay day) will finally force me to go to the grocery store and get the staples I need. I will also try to hunt down Olivia and Ammie to see how they are and try to encourage them to stop by over here too!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #485
Senior LCF Member

I've started this week, going ok so far, just keeping it very simple. I find when I try to get fancy with my food I fall down and binge.

Are you still drinking that flavored prune juice?

I'm feeling so much more positive since posting here again ! I hope you get well and feel much better soon,

Last edited by alanP; 01-15-2014 at 10:29 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
hello friends!!!!!!!!!!!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:56 AM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Here posting!

Geez...It's been a long time posting here.

Tara...I'm home! lol......

Hey Cat! How are ya hun?

Alan Old friend...How the heck are ya!!

All we need now is Ammie and we are set!

Just to update you on my recent journey....I have adapted a new woe...LCHF. Low carb high fat.

I never really knew the difference until I joined a group on FB call LCHF. Tara, I was wondering if you would be ok if I added you to join the group as you have to friended in. Its very resourceful and so many motivational stories. Recipes are floated around and have been able to keep my mojo going with new food ideas.

The basis to this is exactly as it sounds. Incorporating more fat then protein then carbs. Ratios. I myself have no mentally to do what they call "Macros" ...just can't. lol...its hard enough keeping tally on carbs.

So with that I have upped my fat (good fats) butter, Coconut Oil , avocados (yumm just by themself) marbled fatty meats and such.

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now and have lost about 10lbs. Not too excited about this drop as I had jumped head into LC eating the first 3 weeks of December and gave into christmas and new years. SOO I basically regained the bloat and am shedding it again.

I didn't beat myself up at all for it either cause i know that there was nothing to stop me from jumping back on the wagon.

This week I have had a slow loss...but inches are moving quick. I'm assuming I will probably have a nice loss this week coming up.

Oh, I also have been sneaking in 2 days of upped carbs. Meaning a bit more leafy greens, cauliflower or pushing an extra meal for the day.

Im also learning to listen to my body tell me when I am hungry. If I am not...why push the issue. I'm eating only when I feel true hunger ....and only after the hunger pang is not diminished by drinking a large cup of water ( false hunger can be caused from being dehydrated). When I do eat I am only eating until I feel satisfied....not til I have finished all my food. This has been easier for me to do as well since I have now switched form regular dinner plates to small salad plates.

I hope we all can get back on this journey together again...I'm so happy to see you all here and looking for the much needed support we all need!

Yay.....My family is back together!!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Liv! So happy you are home Of course, you can friend me into the group.

I just started back yesterday. Truthfully, I am not really on a plan. Rather, I am trying to watch my carb intake and keep it low without obsessing over the numbers (i.e not sure I am really doing induction levels). I have had the "crud" for two weeks. I had done well when I restarted on the 2nd but then fell off when I got sick and went to my grandson's birthday... then delayed restarting because I just haven't felt like going to the grocery store. I finally broke down yesterday and went to Walmart (which I hate) and after spending enough money that I might need to sell a kidney to afford, for the first time in awhile I have a stocked fridge... I made some mozzarella meatballs and some boiled eggs for snacks. Unfortunately I learned Atkins now has m&ms and I like them ... they are my evening snack.

@Alan, you always did better keeping things simple. I think we just have to find what works for us and keep trudging along. Unfortunately, I am still addicted to the diet DP. I know I should give it up but am just not willing to at this point!

Like Liv, I am so happy to see these familiar "faces" ... agree we just need Ammie to rejoin us as well!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:23 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

It's fantastic to see the everyone again, Lizzie is also Missing but will do my best to stalk her till she returns

Liv, I'm sure you'll have good results on your higher fat eating,when doing low carb I've always found it effective and more tolerable to increase fats.

So happy that the family is returning , I think I might just crack a bottle of Merlot !!
Old 01-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #490
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday morning. Started the day off with Flour Free Waffles (which were pretty good and filling) and have some bacon still in the oven. I WILL go walk the track today (this is an affirmation to myself). Otherwise, I plan to spend the day cleaning house. Lots of fun, I know!

Made some enchilada style chicken last night for dinner (even my picky 16 year old ate it and liked it) but had it with a low carb tortilla. Therefore, not strict induction type food. I am trying to decide what I want to make for lunch (that could serve for dinner and tomorrow's lunch as well). I am thinking Linda Sue's low carb lasagna but I would have to make something different for my son...the joys of cooking/shopping for a non-low carb family while you are trying to switch to a low carb lifestyle are indescribable.

Alan, I will try to hunt down Ammie and Lizzie as well. I am personally hoping that we can get our board back hopping.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Good News ......

I've tracked down Ams and directed her back home. Hopefully she'll be in shortly! She was excited to hear the gang was back together!

Alan! yay...you are here! Don't disappear again! That's an order....lol. jk.

I do notice that I'm dropping steadily with upped fat. It took me a few days to wrap my head around adding more in...but its gotten easier.

Tara....... I'm so happy you getting into the swing of things again. It really is hard to get back on track after a long vacation with Sir Carbcreep. lol.

I bought some new walking/jogging shoes yesterday! They fit awesome and like you, I WILL be breaking them in tonight too!

I'm down another lb from yesterday. Although my weight is way up in this cute number....I am not letting the scale dictate in no way, shape or form my decisions to sway from this woe.

Started back on Jan. 6th adapting to the LCHF

That day I was 268.6 , I think and today (day 14) I am 257.

Every ounce counts!

My goal starting today is to walk an hour MIN. daily and hopefully it will give my metabolism and extra boost to drop this weight I have been hanging onto for the last 3.5 years.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! I sent Ammie a message on facebook too but haven't talked to her so hopefully she will come back over and join us.

I managed to get out and walk/jog two miles today. I jogged the straights and walked the curves on the track for the first mile then just walked the second. I am making a low carb buffalo style chicken pizza for dinner tonight using the fathead recipe. It is in the oven now and I have to say that it looks good. It does use 3/4 c almond flour (which i ground myself since I was out) so --again not induction friendly but I am not really doing a strict induction. It was a really simple 5 ingredient recipe for the crust and it looks and smells good so I have high hopes.

By the way, I went back and read the first several pages of this thread. We were all doing so well when we fell off the wagon and started going our separate ways. Obviously, this support group helps us all if we can manage to just stick with it.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Ok the pizza was a definite keeper in meal rotations! Could actually pick it up and eat it like pizza
Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Hello family!! I am happy we are back together again in the middle of cleaning house but wanted to stop in and say I NEED this and appreciate you all! Will post later on what I have been up to.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:25 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Liv-invite me to that group on FB please
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning family !!
Peach !! So great to see you back.
Hope you all had a terrific weekend.
Was pretty good for the most part, managed to stay on track with my eating, but for some odd reason battling to keep up my water intake. This week I'm going to try a squeeze of lemon juice in the water and see if it makes a difference.
Tara~ You're so right about how well we were all doing. Having support here really helped me. I've gone back and read all the old threads, got pretty nostalgic I've also started walking, don't know why I ever stopped as I really enjoy it. Still think you must be a masochist to drink prune juice

Liv~ Wow girl, you're doing so well, this is without a doubt going to be your year!!

Cat~ You can't hide ! We Know where you live .

Wishing all a great day with New year Whooshies
Old 01-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys...just a quick drop by before I head to bed.......

Tara....I've been wanting to try out the fathead pizza crust...I'm glad you're giving it thumbs up and WTG on getting that walk in! You got this!!!

Ams.....So glad to see you here! I will send friend you and Tara in once I'm done doing this post.

Alan!!! You my friend are going to rock this....I know it! With the determination you had previously and the fire to come back, you are headed in the right direction! Water will get easier to get down I promise.

Ok.....

Well I had made some grilled pork riblets for dinner and they came out soooo disgusting. When I found them at the market I thought , hmmm these look great! NOT! I did make faux cauli garlic bread and thoroughly enjoyed that with a dallop of sour cream....maybe enjoyed it too much! I did schedule today to be my higher carb day so my splurge was about 3 square pieces of it. yummm.....

Drank plenty of water today and only had 2 cups of coffee due to me now limiting that. I have been Diet soda free for 4 days now. I have one unopened bottle of diet cherry pepsi that really wants to be opened but I told it no. lol.

ANDD......Tara.....I DID get my walk in like I promised myself! 2miles in 45 mins. Not bad for someone who hasn't walked further then the 2 blocks to take my DD6 to school. lol......I'm proud of myself as you should be too!

Well....

I'm expecting to see a bump in the scale since my carbs were a bit higher.....If not I will be one happy chica!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 AM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! So excited to see all of the familiar faces. We all know we can do this! Liv and Alan -- good job on your great starts. My weekends are usually higher in carbs (though I did try to stay below 30 net). Since I am a daily weigher when I am being good, I do check the scale and it did go down a little over the weekend (1 lb total) I am hoping for more movement this week. Friday will be my official "weekly" weigh in date.

I thought the fathead pizza crust was good. I made the pizza with alfredo sauce, buffalo chicken bites (using cubed chicken breasts with Frank's hot sauce) and mozzarella cheese. That was "different" for me and was actually pretty good.

Well I guess I should get off here and get ready for work as much as I would love to just stay home today. Hope you all have a wonderful morning and I will check in later
Old 01-20-2014, 08:48 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 196 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!! This is awesome!! I am so glad to see so many lovely faces... and yours too Alan..LOL! ( Must admit the horned cap is as handsome on you as ever!) I will be making TT get back on here if I have to drive down there and make her get on myself!

I too have found myself slip sliding away without the support of this group. But as of this morning I am back with a vengeance!! I am still down 40 of the 60 I lost, but ugh.. to have to bother losing 20 I had already lost, what a drag! LOL!

Have a n awesome day everyone!! I love our group. Now, off to stalk Steph.. Thanks for the message Alan!! <3 to you all!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lizzie!!! It is great to see that you have been able to keep off most of what you originally lost. I am having to totally restart and lose all 50 over again

Just popping in to check the board for a few minutes after lunch break so I guess I should get back to work!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I'm here!! Got back from vacation a few days ago and came home to a flooded house and no running water. They moved us into a temporary house until they can t
Remove the wall, rip out all the busted pipes, replace them, and construct a new wall... Sigh. It has been one thing after another this past year for me. I'm currently on meds for fibromyalgia as well as depression. Turns out I've had depression for the past 7 years... I also was diagnosed with sleep apnea and have a cpap. I thought I was doing better and stopped using it, but I'm doing worse now and need to get back to using it regularly. My stress levels have been through the roof for the past 6 months or so, and right now are at an all time high. Which means my pain is up too... And so is my weight. I had gotten down to 150 about this time last year, but had a car accident, plus other things, and gained it all back the back pain from the accident is flaring up, as well as the knee injury, and I'm just a mess

Good news, however, as of October 2013 I am officially DIVORCED!! :happydance:

I got most of the debt (hence a big part of my stress), but luckily I have full physical and legal custody of my babies and in the end that's all that matters.

A friend of mine (met her here in a different section then met her in real life) lost 85lbs doing LC, and now is a fitness trainer and working on nutritionist certification. She has put together a workout and meal plan for me. It's moderate healthy fats and low carb except on strength training days, when I add in small portions of healthy carbs. I start tomorrow and I'm excited but nervous. I'm excited because my body just feels.... Ready. To start again and get rid of the crap I have abused it with. Nervous because I'm scared of failing. Between the fibromyalgia and the depression/anxiety, I'm scared that I'm going to reach a wall and not know if it's a legitimate stopping point or if it's a subconscious attempt to quit. I just don't know anymore... But I know I HAVE to do SOMETHING. My body can't take this abuse anymore....

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Catrapoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Stephanie/Cat: So sorry for all the stress and troubles. Things will get better and as you said you got the two most important things from your divorce -- your babies We can all do this.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Steph.....Nice to see you came back!

I'm sorry you are having a rough patch right now....I know how it feels to be in head fog and feeling bad.

Looks like things are turning around for you and thats great! not such much the financial debt but the fact that you are now able to focus on you and the kids.

Hugss!

Hi you guys!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Well I didn't post earlier but this mornings weight is down 1.8lbs......I'm feeling all kinds of motivation going on right now!

Made Low carb chilli tonight and some awesome cheddar biscuits using almond flour, eggs,sour cream, butter and tons of sharp cheddar. I they were heveanly! lol.....

...I'ts about 9:31pm right now but I'm heading out for a walk since I couldn't do it earlier. Didn't make it to the park like I wanted to today.

I hope you all are doing well!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:11 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

It's a lovely sunny day again, wish I was in the garden with my dogs instead of here at work.
Lizzie~ Wonderful to have you back home. Horns might be the same, but hair definately greyer
Cat~ So sorry you going through such a tough patch but I know just how tough you are! you will be break through any wall in front of you!! At least your divorce is finalized, that's one less stress, I'm in the middle of mine at the moment ad its got pretty nasty.Hopefully over soon ! Once we start losing weight again, I'm sure a lot of your health issues will be lost too.
Liv~ Your motivation is catching, was feeling a bit down before reading the posts. The reason I started LC so long ago was your posts and you still inspire me, Thanks
Tara ~ looks like you and I are going to have to toil away at work and pop in for quick bursts of inspiration

And as for that PeachAmmieMonk! That child is asking for serious counseling by our TT if she stays out past curfew and doesn't report home soon.

Wishing you all a fantastic day
Old 01-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all! Way to go Liv! Those biscuits looked good @Alan: Liv's post also were a Godsend to me when I first started doing LC back in Fall 2009. Hard to believe that it has been over 4 years. With the exception of the weight gain over time, things are pretty much the same for me. I do have two grandsons now with a granddaughter on the way. My son is a junior in high school and is driving now (so I have a lot more alone time). My husband is working in Baton Rouge, LA (which is about 5.5 hours from home) and we are both having to do a lot more driving on the weekends. Well I guess after typing that, things have changed some!

Scale is moving down each day for me but it is moving at a snails pace. I have got to start drinking water! I realized that I have had a case of the diet dps since Friday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon all!

Alan.. so sorry to here of your divorce, but glad to hear you still have your dogs for comfort! They are wonderful creatures, aren't they? After not having a dog for a couple years ( I was so heartbroken after losing my Jenny) I got a pup last year..well she'll be 2 in april, my how time flies! A Lab/ Catahoula mix. She's a darling girl.. just a sweet, sweet soul.

Tara, I remember the years when my husband was gone for weeks at a time. Both good and bad times for me.. depending on the day and what I needed to feed my heart. So glad he's home now. Grandchildren! What a blessing.. I have 5 grand-godchildren now. I am so lucky to have such loving godchildren to include me in their lives like a real Aunt.

Liv! Awesome successes this week and those biscuits looked great!! Nice job walking..I am a member of your site, although I hang on another fb L/C site more often.

Cat!!! Well, you know I love you as we have kept in touch on facebook. Can't wait til spring to come see you guys. If the car breaks down I'll walk the rest of the way! Do what you can with your trainer tomorrow and everyday you'll get stronger. You are amazing, woman!!

Ammie!!! Missing you girl... I can't imagine how busy you are with school and the kids. So, so proud of you!!

My life has changed immensely... I had my 3rd back surgery last year and then had foot surgery. I sold my business and am now a stay at home wife.. OY!! My poor husband.. lol. Everyone thinks it must be great, but when you are limited by the pain and weight restrictions it's not like I can just do anything I want all day long, hence the 20 lb gain. I am lucky tho, they just found a pain med that seems to be giving me less pain so I have been more productive and moving more.. walking the dog is a workout for me. I can tell my muscles are shot because the next day I feel like I did a workout! But it's good cuz it means I am getting strong again. So keeping my head up and gonna do this!!

Have a great day everyone!! See ya tomorrow!!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KWAY2B185
Stats: 254.4/248.8/185
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 26, 2014/January 29, 2014(Atkins 72)
Hello All...Can I Join this Team????? Please....

Hello everyone, I have looking around for a place to call my low carb, high fat home...and I think this thread is it. After reading some of the older posts, I hurried up to the end of this thread to see if there was communication in 2014 and boy I am glad you guys are still here. This is an awesome group of people to have for support. Can I join, can I join, please?
KWAY2B185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Kway!! Sweetie, this thread was so inactive for so long, we finally gave up on it and are communicating in different ways. I just don't know if people will be back. Try this thread for support. The girls are fantastic!!! Winter Bootcamp for Losers
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

I'll be here for your support! Although the others and I connect via another Social site, I find coming back here gives me additional support I need as well.

I hope you come back and see this and know that we can still keep this thread going!

Kway,

Over the last month I have adapted to the Low carb High fat way of eating.....Its been phenomenal!!

my hunger is near zilch and I am satisfied longer. It such and easy way of eating.

Tell me about yourself kway? what is your goals...what was the driving force behind your lifestyle change?