Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #361

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Good morning Ladies
Hope this lovely morning finds you all happy healthy and shrinking. I'm working extremely long hours at the moment but am eating reasonably well. Sorry haven't been around much, but I have been thinking and praying for you all. Am really missing everyone, hope to be home again soon.
We miss you too! and always keeping your spot warm for you!!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Thanks Ammie!

Alan, miss you too.

Olivia -- Praying for you and hoping that you are okay.
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienevins0314 View Post
ME!

I come and go... but have been on LC for a little while - I think I'm here to stay Trying to get to first goal weight!!

how have you been jami?
Hi Jessie! Ive been great! Yep, lots of people come and go, but they ALWAYS come back home
Glad to see that you are back and here to stay!

Tara YUM on the onion rings! I have issues with only eating one though.. I end up eating until the bag is empty.. Im better to just keep my distance. LOL

Hi Alan!
Hi Angie!
Hi Olivia!
jamistar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Soap Hippie
Stats: 255/226.4/175 22/18/10
WOE: LC/VLC
Start Date: 5/18/2010
God Loves Low Carbers.

YES YES YES!!!!! This week I've had two co-workers who did not know I was dieting ask me "So how much weight have you lost?" I know I'm doing this for me....but it's so awesome when someone else notices. Today....I have on a shirt, a bra, and panties that I couldn't wear 2 weeks ago. Today is an awesome awesome day.
Soap Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap Hippie View Post
YES YES YES!!!!! This week I've had two co-workers who did not know I was dieting ask me "So how much weight have you lost?" I know I'm doing this for me....but it's so awesome when someone else notices. Today....I have on a shirt, a bra, and panties that I couldn't wear 2 weeks ago. Today is an awesome awesome day.
Congratulations! KUTGW!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #366
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Hi Jessie! Ive been great! Yep, lots of people come and go, but they ALWAYS come back home
Glad to see that you are back and here to stay!

Tara YUM on the onion rings! I have issues with only eating one though.. I end up eating until the bag is empty.. Im better to just keep my distance. LOL

Hi Alan!
Hi Angie!
Hi Olivia!
yep im down 3 pounds in 4 days so i think thats more than enough motivation to keep me on the right track. just going to try to avoid eating out the next few weeks - that seems to be my down fall - as well as the movies bc of the popcorn!! we do drive in so i can bring my own stuff

so glad your doing good!
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soap Hippie, Congrats on your losses! It DOES help and motivate when people notice your accomplishments!

Hi Tara!

Jessie~ WTG on your 3 pounds!! LC is such a great way to lose weight! Unfortunatly it stopped working for me So, I had to switch things around a little bit. The going out to eat IS super hard! I try not to... at all... Every time we go out I want to have a beer (tall miller light draft) and some bad food... Its FUN eating that stuff, but not so much the day after KWIM? We had a really nice drive in here, but it was flooded out, so they had to shut down. There are some really nice ones up in Kansas City which is only 1/2 hour from me.. We are thinking of driving up there for soon.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:58 AM   #368

good morning all! hope you all have a blessed day, will try to check in with you all later..

come out of hiding now..
Old 06-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Peachie!! What cha doing today? I am working.. not much going on here.. looks like a nice day so far!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Noir
Stats: 219/212/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 05/17/2010
Good day everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. Today I had a BBQ with some friends, it's nice to still be able to get together with people even though I am on a diet. Man was a craving a taco yesterday though!
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #371

good morning everyone and Happy MONDAY!!!

Jami- We had my oldest's birthday luau/bbq on Saturday.. whew! so exhausting and I am still recovering!

Noir-Hi there! BBQ is always safe and good as long as it is sauce-less

-Hope everyone had a great weekend.. I just have to catch up on some homework and clean up around the house when I get home from work.. so if I am a bit MIA - you know why

ya everyone!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone! I hope you are all happy and healthy today!

Peachie~ I hope you get all your stuff done! I have a lot to do too. Normally I dont get any house stuff done on the weekend..

Noir~ I love tacos.. ooo and nachos.. I need to shut up now.. Im glad you had a good time! YEP lc is great when it comes to BBQ. I miss potato salad, although I could have it if it were low fat. ( My diet is different from LC now) But, I still love to post on here to see my friends.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #373
Random LC WIT-let

everyone!! Doing good - DH and i both have sinus infections, but im still at the same weight - hoping to get down a few more pounds this week!!

hope everyone has a good week!!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. Well I did stay OP yesterday by making LC lasagna ... scale is back down to 170.8 so that is a 2 lb drop (water weight from weekend and end of TOM)... Now to get to the 50 lb mark is my mini goal.

Took DD to the doctor yesterday. Everything is looking good -- still on restricted activities though. Also found out that my DH's job is ending in two weeks. Say a prayer that he finds something quick. Jobs ending are normal in his business and usually he doesn't stay off long, but with the economy being what it is, we are praying anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #375
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Hi everyone. Well I did stay OP yesterday by making LC lasagna ... scale is back down to 170.8 so that is a 2 lb drop (water weight from weekend and end of TOM)... Now to get to the 50 lb mark is my mini goal.

Took DD to the doctor yesterday. Everything is looking good -- still on restricted activities though. Also found out that my DH's job is ending in two weeks. Say a prayer that he finds something quick. Jobs ending are normal in his business and usually he doesn't stay off long, but with the economy being what it is, we are praying anyway.

Hope everyone has a great day.
congrats on the weight loss - TOM stinks praying for your husband.. i know several people in that boat. i hope things work out ok.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 AM   #376

Tara -you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers!
You just keep dropping those pounds, you are doing great! and are truly an inspiration especially dealing with everything you are right now!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpeach View Post
Tara -you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers!
You just keep dropping those pounds, you are doing great! and are truly an inspiration especially dealing with everything you are right now!
Thank you so much! I am really in such a funk right now. I am NOT making good food choices and am even having a hard time doing my job (lack of concentration) but I need to get over it all. My DD finally got out of bed and her fiance took her to dinner tonight -- I am happy for her she needed to get out of the house, but I am already worried... One of these days I am going to make it back to CA and we will have to meet in person Maybe that will be my reward when I reach my goal weight!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #378
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Thank you so much! I am really in such a funk right now. I am NOT making good food choices and am even having a hard time doing my job (lack of concentration) but I need to get over it all. My DD finally got out of bed and her fiance took her to dinner tonight -- I am happy for her she needed to get out of the house, but I am already worried... One of these days I am going to make it back to CA and we will have to meet in person Maybe that will be my reward when I reach my goal weight!
good idea for a reward

hope everything works out ok
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Noir
Stats: 219/212/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 05/17/2010
Today was so busy I did not get to post until the end of the day, all I ate today was a chicken breast... trying to eat a few eggs before I go to bed. I hope you all had a good day.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tara~ Im sorry your in a funk! I wish I had some magical words to give you. I guess we all have our cycles dont we. Either we are on fire with motivation, or tanked... LOL
Its seems like stress has been going around every where lately. Im still having pain and swelling from my wisdom tooth removal. I almost made it all day with out taking my Percocet, but this last hour the pain became unmanageable and I had to take one. I wonder if those types of pain killers make you gain water weight? I am up 3 pounds now... Workouts have suffered from being drugged up half the time, but I go, and get what I can give. At least i can say that my nutrition is behaving.. I hope everything starts to simmer down for you now.. I wish I could drive down there and we could have a margarita!! that seems to make every thing better!! How much fun would that be to go visit Ammie!! At least you know that the weight loss journey is something that you have controlled and you have done such a wonderful job! Im so proud of you!! I hope your hubby doesn't stay off very long. Im sure you all will be fine. "God feeds the birds, and what are WE compared to them"

Jessie~ Hiya!! How's everything going?? Were you able to drop any more poundage this week?? I bet you are doing great! You always have!! Im so happy to have found these boards!! They really keep me motivated so I dont sabotage myself, too often.. Its nice to see you back posting again!

Noir~ You poor thing!! Eat! I hate days like that.. But I guess its a good thing right. I hope it all ended good.

Well. I have some sad news.. I think I have Multiple Sclerosis. I basically have kinda known for a few years now. I accidentally found it out when I did an MRI of my brain at work.. ooops.. I recheck it every now and then, and this last time it has made about a 30% progression.. It looks ugly, like someone who has had it for decades. . One of the radiologists says that I probably got it when I was 13-14 yrs old. puberty age. Both of my legs get numb and tingly, even when I walk, and I get tired really easily, motion sickness, that episode of Vertigo I had a few months ago (when I fell out of bed). Things have gotten worse, so I think its time to go to the DR and get the diagnosis so I can start treatment. I hate this. I hate the fact that there is no cure, and it just gets worse. I have been eating very clean. Hardly any preservatives or processed foods, fresh fruit and veggies, low fat, no refined sugar.. fish
Anyways! Im doing everything in my power to control this on my end. I will do just fine with it. I'll just have to take one day at a time and pray about it.

Last edited by jamistar77; 06-17-2010 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

234.4. That's down a total of 15 pounds in my 1st month. I've had a few cheats so I know it could be better. But I'm not complaining. I feel great. It's 21 pounds from my highest weight.

My first goal is to reach Onderland, my ultimate goal is about 150-160. I'd be so pleased.
Soap Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tara~ Im sorry your in a funk! I wish I had some magical words to give you. I guess we all have our cycles dont we. Either we are on fire with motivation, or tanked... LOL
Its seems like stress has been going around every where lately. Im still having pain and swelling from my wisdom tooth removal. I almost made it all day with out taking my Percocet, but this last hour the pain became unmanageable and I had to take one. I wonder if those types of pain killers make you gain water weight? I am up 3 pounds now... Workouts have suffered from being drugged up half the time, but I go, and get what I can give. At least i can say that my nutrition is behaving.. I hope everything starts to simmer down for you now.. I wish I could drive down there and we could have a margarita!! that seems to make every thing better!! How much fun would that be to go visit Ammie!! At least you know that the weight loss journey is something that you have controlled and you have done such a wonderful job! Im so proud of you!! I hope your hubby doesn't stay off very long. Im sure you all will be fine. "God feeds the birds, and what are WE compared to them"

Jessie~ Hiya!! How's everything going?? Were you able to drop any more poundage this week?? I bet you are doing great! You always have!! Im so happy to have found these boards!! They really keep me motivated so I dont sabotage myself, too often.. Its nice to see you back posting again!

Noir~ You poor thing!! Eat! I hate days like that.. But I guess its a good thing right. I hope it all ended good.

Well. I have some sad news.. I think I have Multiple Sclerosis. I basically have kinda known for a few years now. I accidentally found it out when I did an MRI of my brain at work.. ooops.. I recheck it every now and then, and this last time it has made about a 30% progression.. It looks ugly, like someone who has had it for decades. . One of the radiologists says that I probably got it when I was 13-14 yrs old. puberty age. Both of my legs get numb and tingly, even when I walk, and I get tired really easily, motion sickness, that episode of Vertigo I had a few months ago (when I fell out of bed). Things have gotten worse, so I think its time to go to the DR and get the diagnosis so I can start treatment. I hate this. I hate the fact that there is no cure, and it just gets worse. I have been eating very clean. Hardly any preservatives or processed foods, fresh fruit and veggies, low fat, no refined sugar.. fish
Anyways! Im doing everything in my power to control this on my end. I will do just fine with it. I'll just have to take one day at a time and pray about it.
Jami: I just got back on for the first time in a few days ... get to the doctor! I will be praying for you as well.

I wish you could get down here to Texas one day.... If so, you had better give me a call!

Yes, I guess we all do have our ups and downs but I have a feeling things will start getting better now. While my DH being off for awhile will be hard, luckily I think we can make it if we absolutely have to on just my salary for a little while. We will just have to learn to be more prudent and my dad may have to start paying his own rent for awhile.... My daughter seems to be feeling. She is scheduled to go back to the doctor on Tuesday but it seems like everything will be okay now. Still can't believe I am going to be a grandmother at 38 years old though

As for the wisdom teeth, I feel for you. I had three pulled, the doctor did not give me the instructions for follow up -- like don't drink out of a straw, and I ended up with dry sockets in all of them. It was the worst pain I have ever felt. I literally could not open my mouth for 3 weeks. I lost 18 pounds (at a time when I only weighed about 140) in that three week period. Then they overprescribed the percodan which ended up putting me in the hospital for stomach issues. It was horrible and I still have nightmares when I have to go to the dentist

Well I hope you are having a wonderful weekend ... don't drink out of a straw!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:35 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tara~ I will go to the Dr. I need to get some things taken care of first though so I dont have thousands of dollars of medical bills for testing. MS will progress whether or not Im on treatment for the symptoms, which I dont have any that hinder my daily life. So, its not something to rush. If I found a brain tumor, than yeah!!
I will deffinetly call you if I make it down there!! It is really hard learning to be more frugal. Bill is now working part time hours while he is still in school. He basically just pays for all his things, and I pay for all the household stuff. It works out just fine. SOmetimes before his shift they will call and cancel him. So everything that he has left from his paychecks all goes into savings since he cant rely on the hours.
I hope your husband isn't off very long. Will he be back home during that time? If so, thats great! Im sure it would be nice to have him around all the time
I was very careful about the post care for my wisdom tooth. I didn't drink through a straw, I even swollowed very carefully. Luckily I didn't get a dry socket like last time. I cant believe that you had 3 of them at one time!! That is insane! Poor girl. LOL I am taking that same type of pain meds, percodone. I hate taking it, but when I dont the pain can get out of control.. Luckily it is getting somewhat better.
WOW, a grandma!! You are only 5 years older than me!!! I dont even want to think about that one! Im still having issues with him turning 13! LOL
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #384
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Tara~ I will go to the Dr. I need to get some things taken care of first though so I dont have thousands of dollars of medical bills for testing. MS will progress whether or not Im on treatment for the symptoms, which I dont have any that hinder my daily life. So, its not something to rush. If I found a brain tumor, than yeah!!
I will deffinetly call you if I make it down there!! It is really hard learning to be more frugal. Bill is now working part time hours while he is still in school. He basically just pays for all his things, and I pay for all the household stuff. It works out just fine. SOmetimes before his shift they will call and cancel him. So everything that he has left from his paychecks all goes into savings since he cant rely on the hours.
I hope your husband isn't off very long. Will he be back home during that time? If so, thats great! Im sure it would be nice to have him around all the time
I was very careful about the post care for my wisdom tooth. I didn't drink through a straw, I even swollowed very carefully. Luckily I didn't get a dry socket like last time. I cant believe that you had 3 of them at one time!! That is insane! Poor girl. LOL I am taking that same type of pain meds, percodone. I hate taking it, but when I dont the pain can get out of control.. Luckily it is getting somewhat better.
WOW, a grandma!! You are only 5 years older than me!!! I dont even want to think about that one! Im still having issues with him turning 13! LOL
Jami!! A tumor? Thats soooo scary!! PLEASE get checked and get it taken care of... thats really scary and serious sounding. Sorry - Concerned.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #385
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:

Im trying Jami... its just not that easy this time around for some reason and i am having a hard time giving in to temptation... i did lose last week but this week no. i love these boards and would be lost without them!
Old 06-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Good Morning, Smeeee again still alive and kicking ( not very High though)Have missed everyone terribly,just posted on the other thread.

Jami~ LISTEN TO TARA - see a Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please. Am praying for you, just wish I could do more. You are such a special person and need to realise that you also have to take care of yourself sometimes, not just those around you.(end of sermon)

Tara ~Congrats Gran !

Peach ~ hoping you well, are you in hibernation, do you know you're suppose to occasionally write in your journal Think it's time for a challenge. have you managed to finalise your house yet ?

Jessie, Noir, Soapie KUTGW

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienevins0314 View Post
Jami!! A tumor? Thats soooo scary!! PLEASE get checked and get it taken care of... thats really scary and serious sounding. Sorry - Concerned.
NO TUMOR!! LOL I said, Its not like I found a tumor.. Its white matter disease, or appears to be. OR Multiple Sclerosis. There are NO meds I can take that actually make the disease go away.. just meds to reduce the symptoms.. So, If I have no symptoms I dont need a doctor.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your concern. Its not a brain tumor.. It appears to be Multiple Sclerosis. There is no emergent reason to get to a DR because there is nothing that can be done. no cure for it, only meds to make the symptoms get better..
Old 06-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

So Not to down-play Jami's imaginary tumor (LOL) I was wondering what you guys do as you count carbs. I know every carb counts. Do you only eat whats on the list to make up your twenty or do you let a few other things in for variety as long as you keep it under 20 carbs.

For example I just had some Zaxby's chicken. A treat, I've not had it in over a month. On their website it says that a 5 piece chicken finger only has 5 net carbs. granted it was not induction friendly, but I think it's okay considering I don't do packet sweetners and salad dressings and such. What do you all think?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap Hippie View Post
So Not to down-play Jami's imaginary tumor (LOL) I was wondering what you guys do as you count carbs. I know every carb counts. Do you only eat whats on the list to make up your twenty or do you let a few other things in for variety as long as you keep it under 20 carbs.

For example I just had some Zaxby's chicken. A treat, I've not had it in over a month. On their website it says that a 5 piece chicken finger only has 5 net carbs. granted it was not induction friendly, but I think it's okay considering I don't do packet sweetners and salad dressings and such. What do you all think?
I have never gone straight "by the book" per se ... which may account for part of my problem. My theory is that I have to eat what I can continue to eat to truly make this as WOE for life .... I eat LC tortillas and LC ice cream ... as long as I keep my net carbs under 20 (when I am aiming for induction type numbers) or under 40 when I am trying to just do continued weight loss.... I know some people who will say that you should go strictly by the book --- and I don't knock them for that. Personally, I think you have to do what is right for you!