Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: awlass
Stats: 385 / 375.8 / 230.2 / 150
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 10/20/11 RNY 05/15/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Could we have the mousse recipe please?
I second this motion

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosemarie
Stats: 250/190/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2009
I too would love to see the mousse recipe. Please? It looks so yummy & is one of my favorite things!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #273
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
I made up a feta pesto avocado appetizer:
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Turkey & egg white salad over shredded romaine lettuce with celery sticks.

Although it was tasty, I wont do this again for a while.. I just cant get the taste of the mayo out of my mouth no matter what I try..

Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
I found the mousse recipe here
Thank goodness for..... post 21 by BobbyX
I added a little bit of cream cheese and next time I'm gonna have more cream cheese to cream ratio.

ETA: I only had like 2 tablespoons of it, my DH ate the rest. He ate his part and stole mine!

Last edited by dollkey; 04-27-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Monkee View Post
Yum! I love eggplant.
Eggplant is one of my faves! After a trip to grocery to buy more eggplants, I will share my favorite eggplant omelet recipe
Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
I found the mousse recipe here
Thank goodness for..... post 21 by BobbyX
I added a little bit of cream cheese and next time I'm gonna have more cream cheese to cream ratio.

ETA: I only had like 2 tablespoons of it, my DH ate the rest. He ate his part and stole mine!

Thanks so much, looks sooooooooooo good...will have to try it when no one else is around

Last edited by Missouri_Librarian; 04-28-2010 at 06:33 AM..
Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #278
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post

Noticed Sooz and Mel followed me here!
can you get a bigger head or is that big feet ..lol

dont tell me you need to be on the top of every new page here too

Last edited by Deb; 04-28-2010 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #279
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberRose View Post
Tilapia & Shrimp Alfredo with Loaded Broccolli

[/URL]
oh my.... did i miss the alfredo recipie ??
Old 04-29-2010, 05:51 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmberRose
Stats: 195ish/165ish/140ish
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: 04/25/2010
^^Hi Mel...I didn't post one...I don't measure anything for this recipe but basically...I just season some shrimp with cajun seasoning and garlic powder and pan fry them in a little butter...once those are done I pour in some heavy whipping cream and some parmesan cheese...stir well and let reduce...tis all! HTH!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel 7 View Post
can you get a bigger head or is that big feet ..lol

dont tell me you need to be on the top of every new page here too
Nope!

Yum...have to try that shrimp alfredo!
And that Mousse!

Last edited by Rbenz; 04-29-2010 at 04:26 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #282
Big Yapper!!!!

Made up some more of that Crack Salad:

Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kristee
Stats: restart 2-15-10 140/129/129 GOAL MET 4/28/10
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 1st, 2009 at 167 lbs
uhhh what is crack salad? What does it have in it? I've seen the name a couple of times and have been curious. Whatcha got in there pat?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmberRose
Stats: 195ish/165ish/140ish
WOE: Modified Atkins
Start Date: 04/25/2010
I plan to try Crack Slaw...Probably tonight! Thanks for sharing Rbenz...looks delicious!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Has anyone else made the chocolate mousse?? I made it tonight, it is the bomb...I froze mine and was like ice cream...My only question is, I came up with a higher carb count than 6 for the bowl...anyone else come up with a different number?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristee View Post
uhhh what is crack salad? What does it have in it? I've seen the name a couple of times and have been curious. Whatcha got in there pat?
Basically, fry up some ground round w/lots of spices.
Any Chinese spices...then add a bag of Broc-salad in a bag from the Grocery store. Add extra spices and there ya go!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post
Basically, fry up some ground round w/lots of spices.
Any Chinese spices...then add a bag of Broc-salad in a bag from the Grocery store. Add extra spices and there ya go!
Probably use jerk spices, right?? Maybe a jerk chicken crack salad would be good! hmm.. I'll have to try this some time!

I have this ginormous bag of EAS vanilla protein powder, that I got when I was preggo. I hate hate hate the flavor of it.. But its pretty good in bread recipes..

I was thinking to make some protein shakes, so I could mix up my breakfast routine every now and then.. Im getting pretty danged bored of minute muffins (would be so much better if I could add a little fruit or nuts! dried cranberries or fresh blueberries, maybe even banana nut! alas.. I can only dream).

Obviously I cant add strawberries, or peanut butter.. So what are my options for a tasty shake that is induction friendly??

50 points to the person who names the winning combo hehe..

Unfortuneatly I don't have any davinci's or equivalent.. And Hershey's cocoa powder is so danged bitter I dont know how to use it without wanting to step in front of an 18-wheeler on I-10 to put me out of my misery...

Oh, and FYI... Safeway is having a sale on fresh (frozen) medium shrimps. $5.99 for a 2 lb bag (usually is $12.00!) limit 2.. Maybe its just in my area, but check it out!

Highest 386/ Pre-op 375.8/Current 215.4/Goal 150
Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post
Probably use jerk spices, right?? Maybe a jerk chicken crack salad would be good! hmm.. I'll have to try this some time!

I have this ginormous bag of EAS vanilla protein powder, that I got when I was preggo. I hate hate hate the flavor of it.. But its pretty good in bread recipes..

I was thinking to make some protein shakes, so I could mix up my breakfast routine every now and then.. Im getting pretty danged bored of minute muffins (would be so much better if I could add a little fruit or nuts! dried cranberries or fresh blueberries, maybe even banana nut! alas.. I can only dream).

Obviously I cant add strawberries, or peanut butter.. So what are my options for a tasty shake that is induction friendly??

Unfortuneatly I don't have any davinci's or equivalent.. And Hershey's cocoa powder is so danged bitter I dont know how to use it without wanting to step in front of an 18-wheeler on I-10 to put me out of my misery...

Oh, and FYI... Safeway is having a sale on fresh (frozen) medium shrimps. $5.99 for a 2 lb bag (usually is $12.00!) limit 2.. Maybe its just in my area, but check it out!

A friend makes an orange julius shake with 2 ice cubes, 2 or 3 oz orange crystal lite ( made according to package), enough water to fill blender to 8 oz line..1 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, 3 tbsp cool whip.....

she also makes pumpkin pie shakes that i can get the recipe for if that would be a combo you would like...

I cant wait for my davinci syrup to arrive, i just bought a 5 pound bag of the chocolate powder and have made some shakes and cant find any so far i like....
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post

Here is her pumpkin pie shake recipe....it is from my friend parisfox on here...she must get the credit....

Pumpkin Pie Shake:
2 Pumpkin Pie cubes (recipe follows), about 3 or 4 oz. Orange Crystal Lite (made according to pkg directions), & enough ice water to reach the "fill" line on my personal-size blender (probably 3-4oz. The pumpkin cubes take up some of the room)
1.5 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Cool Whip
Pumpkin Pie Cubes: I use 1 (29oz.) can and 1 (15oz.) can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix…that’s high carb). Put the pumpkin in a 6 qt. bowl. Sprinkle on 6 tsp (2 Tbsp) Pumpkin Pie Spice and 3 tsp (1 Tbsp) Cinnamon. Mix well. A large whisk works pretty good. Spoon into ice cube trays. Mine happen to hold exactly 2 Tbsp and this amount makes 2 trays (total 28 cubes). Freeze. When frozen, dump out of trays into a couple of quart freezer bags and put in freezer. Add one or two cubes to shakes as desired.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

yeah, the pumpkin one sounds good.
any others?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

no, the other ones she gave me are all with chocolate powder....sorry

now, since I have the winning combo do i get to babysit those cute babies?? lol

that chocolate mousse was really good,,,,not sure about the carb count though..kinda scares me...

Last edited by Missouri_Librarian; 04-30-2010 at 11:36 PM..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

hehe only if you clean my kitchen too

maybe i can add a little cocoa powder, or swiss miss diet cocoa mix to make it chocolatey.. any good chocolate shakes?
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sure, I love to clean I have ocd and am a cleaning, organizing freak and with my woe i sure as hck dont sleep, so bring on the kitchen and the babes....I just cut and pastd her answer when I asked her about her shakes....she eats/drinks one a day....I tried a choc one but like you I dont like the cocoa to much and am waiting on the syrup I ordered to get here, maybe to make it better....I ordered almond and peanut butter syrup, hopefully with the powder and some cool whip and splenda that will be good.....here is her ideas:

From Parisfox

How I make my shakes...The Winter Shakes are at the bottom:

I use 1 & 1/2 scoops of either vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder. I don’t use Soy because it messes with the thyroid. I like and use the chocolate and vanilla WAY more often than the strawberry, and when the strawberry is gone I probably won't buy any more....so it'll be just the chocolate and vanilla. Here are some of the ways I make them.

Strawberry Protein Powder:

2 ice cubes, a splash of syrup, & enough ice water to reach the "fill" line on my personal-size blender (probably 6-8 oz)
1.5 scoops of Strawberry Protein Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Cool Whip. Some house brands have NO transfats)

I use Crème de Menthe, raspberry, cherry, etc. Sugar Free Syrup. Any kind that you think would go with Strawberry.
Mix in a blender

Chocolate Protein Powder:

2 ice cubes, a splash of Sugar Free syrup, & enough ice water to reach the "fill" line on my personal-size blender (probably 6-8 oz)
1.5 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Cool Whip. Some house brands have NO trans fats

I use instant coffee crystals & Kahlua Syrup for a Kahlua/Coffee shake.
Raspberry syrup and instant coffee crystals for a Raspberry/Coffee shake.
The Pancake Syrup tastes like caramel and is MUCH better than the caramel syrup.
Crème de Menthe syrup for a Chocolate/Mint Shake
Coconut syrup for a "Mounds" shake
Coconut syrup and Almond flavoring for an "Almond Joy" shake
Cherry syrup for a "Chocolate Covered Cherry shake"

Vanilla Protein Powder:

Orange Julius Shake:
2 ice cubes, about 3 or 4 oz. Orange Crystal Lite (made according to pkg directions), & enough ice water to reach the "fill" line on my personal-size blender (probably 4-5oz)
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Cool Whip

Pumpkin Pie Shake:
2 Pumpkin Pie cubes (recipe follows), about 3 or 4 oz. Orange Crystal Lite (made according to pkg directions), & enough ice water to reach the "fill" line on my personal-size blender (probably 3-4oz. The pumpkin cubes take up some of the room)
1-2 tsp Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Cool Whip
Pumpkin Pie Cubes: I use 1 (29oz.) can and 1 (15oz.) can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix…that’s high carb). Put the pumpkin in a 6 qt. bowl. Sprinkle on 6 tsp (2 Tbsp) Pumpkin Pie Spice and 3 tsp (1 Tbsp) Cinnamon. Mix well. A large whisk works pretty good. Spoon into ice cube trays. Mine happen to hold exactly 2 Tbsp and this amount makes 2 trays (total 28 cubes). Freeze. When frozen, dump out of trays into a couple of quart freezer bags and put in freezer. Add one or two cubes to shakes as desired.

You are limited only by the syrups you have on hand and your imagination. The combinations are endless. I have Amaretto syrup, Vanilla, Raspberry, Hazlenut, Toffee, Crème de Menthe, Cherry, Coconut….I can't even remember what all. Keeps me from getting bored with the shakes. Hope this helps.

The Cool Whip helps thicken the shakes as do the ice cubes

================================================== =====

In the Winter when it’s too cold to enjoy a cold shake, I make a Winter Shake. Nutritionally, it is the same as a regular shake, but is not so cold.

Winter Shake:

1 & 1/2 scoops of Chocolate Protein Powder; a tsp of cinnamon, a tsp or so of Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder; 1 Tbs. Heavy Whipping Cream; a little Sugar Free Syrup; 2 Tbsp of cool whip; and a little water if necessary (less than a Tbsp).

The way I make this is: Put the protein powder in a bowl. Dump in the cinnamon and cocoa powder. Stir with a fork to mix. Pour in a little Sugar Free Syrup (any flavor that goes with Chocolate) and the Heavy Whipping Cream. Stir until mixed well. It should look like cake batter. If it’s too thick add a “little” water. Add the water about 1/4 of a teaspoon at a time. It’s easy to get too much. When it’s the consistency you want, put a Tbsp of Cool Whip in the middle and swirl it with the fork. Lick the fork and eat with a spoon like pudding.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Has anyone else made the chocolate mousse?? I made it tonight, it is the bomb...I froze mine and was like ice cream...My only question is, I came up with a higher carb count than 6 for the bowl...anyone else come up with a different number?
I didn't really do a carb count. Out of the entire recipe I only had 2 tablespoons. I totally suggest not to eat the entire thing in one sitting. Portion it out and freeze. I was able to get like eight scoops out of the batch. I think 1 scoop is 1/4 cup. Hope that helps.

ETA
I only made HALF of the recipe, btw.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:08 AM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Monkee
Stats: Total Loss: -142 lbs
WOE: The Monkee Way :)
Start Date: Summer 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristee View Post
Its always slightly different from member to member.

For the most part its sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, red flakes, ginger, ground beef, onion and broccoli slaw. Just brown and mix until its all yummy and delicious.

I add chinese garlic-chili paste to mine and also add in shredded cabbage. Sometimes i'll throw in some bean sprouts. Depends on your preference. Looks like Rbenz (pic of crackslaw in above post) used mushrooms. Yummy. Will have to try that next time.

If you do a search on this board (its called CRACKSLAW) you can find a lot of variations, but the base is usually the ingredients I listed above.

"The man who can drive himself further once the effort
gets painful is the man who will win." - R.Bannister
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cerisedownunder
Stats: 139/131/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2010
You dirty b*stards!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Monkee View Post
Its always slightly different from member to member.

For the most part its sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, red flakes, ginger, ground beef, onion and broccoli slaw. Just brown and mix until its all yummy and delicious.

I add chinese garlic-chili paste to mine and also add in shredded cabbage. Sometimes i'll throw in some bean sprouts. Depends on your preference. Looks like Rbenz (pic of crackslaw in above post) used mushrooms. Yummy. Will have to try that next time.

If you do a search on this board (its called CRACKSLAW) you can find a lot of variations, but the base is usually the ingredients I listed above.
Thanks...Monkee! Yeah...that to what U said. Yep, added a can of straw shrooms to it. It was Delish.
If u can find Chinese 5 spice it's da bomb too.
Yeah...I use the garlic chili sauce too.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Jerk steak n shrimp (couldnt choose between the 2 ) over my own crackslaw

recipes here
Old 05-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member