Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heavenandhallo
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: February 1 2014
Things to make with Davinci SF Syrup In Induction

Im looking for things to make with the SF syrup in induction, Major sweet tooth here!!
heavenandhallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I really think one of the main points of induction is to break those habits and reset one's mind and tastebuds in addition to one's fat burning metabolism. I think at least a month of really plain eating puts you on a much better base for successful change of eating habits than trying to replace the things that got you in trouble right off the bat. Good luck, in any case!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 187lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
cream cheese muffins ( watch out!!) but try whipping cream beat with some crystal light lemonade powder...swweet and refreshing..definetly gets me thru. Good luck!! Lizzie
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SevenCostanza
Stats: 288/274.5/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/11/11 (profile/stats updated 2/7/11)
I've tried doing the no sweets thing and for me personally, I'm better off making the low-carb/no-sugar alternatives. Everyone is different and I'm just one of those people that if I say I absolutely can't have something, and there's no alternative, I want it even more. As long as it doesn't stall me, I go for it. I don't use the syrups too much though but I'm interested in what others post as well.
SevenCostanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
Start Date: March 2010
I don't have any recipes per se,

I add Davinci to my coffee. I also use it in my flax muffins. Made Banana Flax Muffins for breakfast the other day. I plan to get a few other flavors to try out in my muffins. VCO,some cream and a splash of syrup soothes my sweet tooth sometimes. I was trying to make the coconut fudge bark, didn't like that, but accidentally discovered that VCO+cream+dash of syrup is really good.

I want to try an egg cream with eggnog or something like that.
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 242lbs am 187lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenCostanza View Post
I've tried doing the no sweets thing and for me personally, I'm better off making the low-carb/no-sugar alternatives. Everyone is different and I'm just one of those people that if I say I absolutely can't have something, and there's no alternative, I want it even more. As long as it doesn't stall me, I go for it. I don't use the syrups too much though but I'm interested in what others post as well.
I am so with you on this point. Its the forbidden fruit syndrome. Instead I keep a few homemade L/c sweets at the ready and have that instead. Maybe not perfect but a whole lot better than a full blown sugar treat and I still feel in control.

I tell myself all the time that I am a grown woman with a job and I CAN have anything I want, and that the food will still be there later ( KFC , BK, candy ..I mean Hersheys isnt going out of business in my lifetime!!) if I still want it and usually by this point in my self talk I dont!! LOL
Good luck!! and might I suggest searching for egg creams and microwavable egg custard in a cup. Both have eggs to make you feel really full ( at least that is what they do for me) and are easy to make!! Will come back w/ recipes if you want , Lizzie
Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tulipsandroses
Stats: 206/160/150
Start Date: March 2010
Please post the egg cream recipe! I've been meaning to try them out.
tulipsandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 243/241/175
Start Date: January 16, 2012
Heavenandhallo...

Not sure if you're asking specifically for syrup, as in pancake sryup flavored DaVinci's, or another flavor. I like the taste of maple sausage, so when I'm frying up sausage links, I'll add a TBL of the pancake syrup right before they are done and let them finish cooking in the syrup. I'll also add a TBL or so to my low-carb BBQ sauce to give it a sweet kick.

The DaVinci's website lists a variety of recipes using their syrups - not so many in the sugar-free section, but enough to spark some ideas. I've been buying their sugar-free chai tea for years now and just recently tried their chocolate syrup. I was actually after kahlua flavored, but thought the chocolate would be more versatile. I added my own instant coffee granulars to a few ounces of the syrup and then added cream and water -- OMG -- it was better than any white russian I've ever had. Oh, did I mention there was vodka involved? LOL Not an induction friendly drink but a tremendous difference from the sugar-laden drinks I've had at the bars. But....I will admit, they are terribly addictive so buyer beware! I think RavenRose is right in her advice -- the two + weeks of induction are meant to re-adjust our tastebuds - but for a long-term way of life I am thankful DaVinci's is so good at what they do!

.. Loni ..
LC Loves Low Carb is offline   Reply With Quote