Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
When the motivation and determination wanes, remember how far you've come!!!

I'm starting this thread for those who get lost in it all. For those who feel they can't continue on with this WOE. For those who lost that spark of Motivation and Determination.

This can be for anyone who may have hit stalls, who need help, who need to just talk to others.

Losing your desire to eat OP (on plan) during the day can lead to another off plan eating choice. Which can then lead to saying "forget it, I already messed up". It might seem Ok at the time, but eating off plan will cause you to have to redo what may of took you a week or a month to acheive. Is it worth it. Maybe. Was it worth it after the fact. More then likely No!

A few may feel the same....I can't speak for everyone, but when I have stressors or even a cold, It can cause triggers that cause me to go off plan.

When I stress, I want to eat. When I'm sick, Give me some comfort food.

At this moment I need motivation! Encouragement and a lending ear helps me get through it all. I'm not saying that I give up, but I just need to find this spark within me again.

I came to LCF's to get just that...Encouragement to help me through this lifestyle change. I lurke....I post.....but for the most part I do this on my own. I know you can't make someone "make" you lose weight or adapt a certain lifestyle, but I know that with friendship and positive reinforcement, One's thoughts and words can help them along thier journey.

This is my issue:

I lose a good amount of lbs. Let it be 1 week or 2 weeks of hard thought out, motivated, determined weighloss. I see awesome results and then BAM....I go and eat off plan. Like rewarding myself is the key to weightloss. SO not the way. I've had days were I ate totally off plan just carbing it up. I then have to undo everything I regained. There also are times where I just will have a little of this or a bit of that. That's an issue too.

It has been 6 mons that I have doing this WOE. I have lost 30lbs +&- a few. Theres no where In my mind that I could EVER revert back to my old eating habits. However, had it not been for my slip ups along the way and losing focus and motivation I'm pretty sure I could of been at 40lbs or 45lbs lost. Little slips can easily cause a downward spirals. Is being rewarded with regains and redo's that much fun over a some carbs??? Not to me!

Here is my open acknowledgement that It must stop. Keeping it to myself was not helping just allowing myself to fall into that vicious cycle whenever I felt I could. NOPE ....THE CARBS STOP HERE!!!

So here's to those who need that little help, reassurance, motivation, positive reinforcement. Those Who need that little kick in the butt to keep on grinding when times get hard.

Remember, When the motivation and determination to acheive a healthy you wanes, stop.....do a 360 and look at that old you!!! Look at how far you've come!!!

Here's to all of us......We can do this .....Let's make it happen!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yah...I'm currently redoing all my hard work over half a cupcake a few bites of Icecream and 2 alcoholic drinks that I consumed on saturday. TOTALLY NOT WORTH GOING OFF PLAN FOR!!! The sugary carbs were at a Bday party. Completley fought the temptation then lost it. The 2 drinks I had at home that nite because I all the sudden felt I craved it. hahahahahahh foolish foolish me!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
I had a big post and lost it. Grrr.
Bulletpoints then - I would love to see a thread like this in the Main Lobby for all to participate in. Losers, maintainers, all plans. We all need this. Would you be willing to repost in the Main Lobby?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

I sure can....will do right now! Thank you!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Great post MissG.... ((hugs)) thanks!!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
I totally agree and am in the same boat. I seem to have lost the "spark" despite the 35+/- pound loss ... I am halfway to goal and hit a plateau. Since the numbers weren't falling anymore, I just had a whole week of "cheating". Luckily, the scale hasn't moved up much either ... but I feel horrible and just want to recapture that flame I had in the beginning. Any advice and/or encouragement would help....
Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good Post Olivia! I think this is the thing a lot of us need! The disheartening stalls, that happen to everyone at some point are sometimes the thing that gets us second guessing ourselves.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Thank you THANK YOU for this thread!! It's sorely needed around these parts. I've been losing, but my emotional health hasn't been the greatest for the last couple of weeks which has really put a damper on my my future outlook when it comes to this woe. Not to mention... I have two big tupperware bins in my closet full of clothes I used to wear. One is full of pants and one is full of shirts. The shirts are smalls and mediums and the pants are 8s and 6s with some 10s thrown in the mix. I was looking to see if I had any size 12s but I didn't have any. I started feeling a little bad when I saw all those teeny tiny jeans. I just couldn't see myself in them... The size 14 pants I have for work fit okay but I really wanted to try on a size 12 last night. I'm not going shopping just for that size either. Something tells me that the last time I lost weight on this woe I went from a 14 straight to a 10 because there are no sizes in between and I kept all those old clothes. I'm totally rambling, but it was kind of a heartbreaker last night looking at all those cute jeans that have been collecting dust in those bins. I felt like I could have been wearing those now instead of letting the last 5 years get the best of me. Instead of looking at those clothes with a glimmer in my eye, I felt hopeless. Hard to explain. So yeah, i'm in desperate need for the motivation fairy to visit me also.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shannonlynn
Stats: 180/140.0/135 5'7
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/21/09
Need to lose weight for Wedding Dress Shopping!!

I know how all you guys feel. I've been trying to lose weight so that I can finally go and look for a wedding dress for my Sept. 2010 wedding. I do really well and then I will have one day where I'm like, oh I will just eat whatever I want today And then of course it takes me all of the next week just to get back to where I was! Which of course means I'm not making any progress I'm a pain in my own butt!! The funny thing is that when I "cheat" I'm sitting there thinking as I'm eating "this really isn't that good" I need to snap out of it and quit the "cheats". We all need to remember that when we go off plan the only person we are really cheating is ourselves!! Hang in there, I"m with ya Here are my curren stats but keep in mind that I've been yo yoing on and off plan since April of 09 when I started at 180.0

162.5 1/4/10
149.0 2/17/10
135.0 Goal
5'7'
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clutterbug
Stats: 235/221/172
WOE: Back to Atkins
Start Date: Started LC in March '08
I'm so there right now. I need that spark that will motivate me into some consistent, solid action. Thanks for the post.

Part of looking at how far I've come for me is re-reading my own weight loss journal. I find that so instructive and inspiring.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thistoo
Stats: 218/212/150
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: January 2012 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieCakes View Post
I'm totally rambling, but it was kind of a heartbreaker last night looking at all those cute jeans that have been collecting dust in those bins. I felt like I could have been wearing those now instead of letting the last 5 years get the best of me. Instead of looking at those clothes with a glimmer in my eye, I felt hopeless. Hard to explain. So yeah, i'm in desperate need for the motivation fairy to visit me also.
I know exactly how you feel. I have some size 6s in my closet that I bought at a local thrift store (I'm currently in a size 10) and last night, after months of plateauing, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought, "Am I even going to be able to get my stomach small enough to fit in a size 6 if I ever do lose any more weight?" (Answer: Probably, but in that moment it seemed pretty impossible.)

It was totally discouraging, and these aren't even old skinny clothes. I did it to myself by buying pants I knew were way too small as a 'motivational tool'. (That always seems like a great idea when I'm losing, of course!)

Last edited by thistoo; 02-17-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Old 02-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Thanks for the thread, MissG. I've been stalled for a long time, and it gets very, very hard to have any motivation at all when you get no results. I'm still hanging in, but I'm afraid that eventually I'll just run out of interest in staying on plan...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

We have to think of this as a way of life. Fatfree doesnt work, lowfat doesnt work, low calories does NOT work! Even if one is busting their butt daily excersizing those diets may help us lose a few but come back triple time. Whether we have all hit stalls or the scale looks to be your enemy, we cannot simply give up. There will be days that we dont see a loss....maybe even weeks. That doesnt mean we are not losing. Take measurements..that's a sure way to track progress. If you an afford to buy one get a body fat/BMI/Body Water Scale. My BMI has gone done big time even though the scale has been slow on losing.

This simply is the best way to of acheiving overall wellbieng and maintanence is as easy as staying with the program.

Lawmom and I somewhere lost a spark. We started around the same time. She has done fantastic in the last 6 mons. Producing awesome results, she now needs to get past a stall she has hit in the last month. I know you can do it lawmom.......Just look at the things that you grab as "5lb anchors".....Not saying that is what you will gain. Just that it can possibly weigh you down 5 more lbs. Do you wanna chance it...more then likely no.

For you all that are a getting bummed that you let time pass you by and could of worn certain things instead of having to buy new sizes or whatnot, you will one day get back in those items with steady work.

Shannonlynn~ by your stats and siggy you are 12lbs to goal. ONlLY 12lbs. Say you were to set a month that you will DEF. be buying your dress by. Lets do July for isntance, You will need to lose 2.4lbs a MONTH til then. THAT IS easy, no???? Then you can be able to get your dress and quite simply maintain to keep your goal weight. Now mind you, alterations may need to be arranged if you fell below your dress size. Its so doable!! YOu can do it........

I have vowed over and over to a few of you that I will not pick at things or cheat. Now Verbalizing to a whole new set of individuals that I WILL not do it has got me on a different wave length. Those little things here or there are hindering my weight loss and I would love to be able to get an awesome swimsuit for the summer. Not just that to feel better with myself and lose this ugly weight. The hot swimsuit will be the cherry on top.

For those who have hit stalls, is there anything that you maybe eating that can be stalling you? Extra lil things added or eating things that can cause triggers? Almonds, peanut butter, spinach and cream cheese are my trigger foods. I get cravings after consuming those items so they are just not welcomed.

Would any of you be up for a challenge? A weekly one to stay focused for that time.

I'm glad you all have posted. Post often about how you feel during the day. Or if you have a day of great acheivements. Everyone is welcomed!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Ok....So this is 2 days of on point clean eating. As of yesterday morning I was at 202. I vowed to another LCF that I WILL not weigh til friday. It has been really hard since I have a horrible compulsive need to weigh all the time.

While Im screaming for friday to hurry up and be here, Im already feeling better. I hope to see good results.

I have had 2 scrambled eggs and half a avocado. Im not hungry for lunch but im going to squeeze in a shake in a bit. Dinner has yet TBD. No coffee yet since Im making it a priority to have consumed enough water prior to doing so. So Im almost down 40oz of water and then I will allow myself a mug. I'm also breaking my coffee habits from almost 3-4 mugs per day to 1-2 tops. Yesterday I did have 2.

I wanna see more results...I have a goal of 190 by march 1st. Dont know if I can acheive that goal as of yet...but pushing to get to 190 is top priority right now.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im RIGHT THERE with you MissG. I'm up for a challenge too so bring it on! Your words of encouragement are right on time. Knowing that i'm not alone in this has kept me going (besides this site, I have no one to go to for support besides the cats LOL). I can't tell how how warm it feels knowing i'm not struggling alone!! This is harder mentally than it was 5 years ago. But 5 years ago I didn't have the "For Life" mentality like I do now!! Patience is what I keep working on.

LETS DO THIS!!

Last edited by AngieCakes; 02-17-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

yah the cats can only listen and give you an affectionatley loud purr and rub.....lol. I guess that's soothing as well.

This friday will be the start of a week long challenge. I'll post details in the next post!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Weekly Motivational Challenge Feb 19th -26th

The weekly motivational challenge is to keep you going for the week. To keep us OP with the right food choices and drinking enough water. Weigh in on fridays. Starting this friday Feb. 19th.

Its just a week to stay focused. Although longer challenges are nice, lets keep it simple!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. It is true that I am having a slump. I feel tired all the time and just lack focus or energy. I am going through some pretty emotional things and when you combine that with physical pain on a daily basis it gets overwhelming. I was excited about losing weight ... now I am kind of like thistoo and feel like I will just never lose the last half of the weight. I think in my mind I had thought that I would be further along than I am at six months ... I have done okay but am actually disappointed with the results. This is a crazy idea I know since I have lost 38 pounds and have gone from a tight 16 to a 12 .... so realistically I should be proud. BUT truthfully I DONT SEE THE LOSS when I look in the mirror ... maybe it is just a lack of confidence but whatever it is -- it is zapping the motivation BIG TIME.... That being said, I am going to try to go back to induction level net carbs -- even though I won't necessarily be eating only "induction" foods. Today I have had the following:

Breakfast - N/A
Snack - 1 SF Stovers Candy (1 Net Carb)
Lunch - Plain egg omelet with steak, onion, cheese and a tablespoon of salsa
Dinner - 1 HB patty with cheese and bacon bits.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Olivia: By the way I have never been able to get all of my water in but I am going to accept your challenge and try to drink at least 4 bottles of water everyday ... TOM is here as well but I will do a weekly weigh in. I pretty much weigh everyday regardless (unless I am cheating and am too scared to get on the scale!)
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thistoo
Stats: 218/212/150
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: January 2012 (restart)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
This is a crazy idea I know since I have lost 38 pounds and have gone from a tight 16 to a 12 .... so realistically I should be proud. BUT truthfully I DONT SEE THE LOSS when I look in the mirror
My starting weight was 245. It's taken me almost 4 years of low-ish carb, low calorie dieting to lose 90 pounds. 4 years! And do you know, there are days I STILL look in the mirror and can't see it. Sometimes I look at myself and see a 'normal' person, but a lot of the time I still see a really fat girl. It's beyond frustrating. I totally feel your pain, lawmom.

I'm in the throes of TOM at the moment, so my weigh-in Friday will just show water retention. I'm really hoping to see a little more loss once it's over, though. It would be so fantastic to finally break this plateau. I got down to 150 for ONE DAY in October, and I've been bouncing between 152 and 157 ever since. I won't count it as a broken plateau until I get back down to 150. Here's hoping this WOE is the ticket!

I'm about three and a half weeks in and I've already messed up once, but I'm back in ketosis and planning to stay on Induction for awhile, since clearly I can't handle OWL yet.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't wait for the challenge!! I'm with you lawmom and thistoo AND especially the part about not seeing the losses.. I just don't see it. I need the motivation and I can't wait until Friday.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

I totally understand what you ladies are saying about not seeing the difference. I see it in my face and my collarbone starts poking out first. After that I melt. It wasnt til a few weeks ago I walked past a large reflective window while shopping and out of the corner of my eye did I notice myself and realized wow....I almost feel normal. Half the time I stil l see myself as being very heavy. Or just have that big girl mentality. If that makes sense.

Anyways...Im excited to for friday as well. it will def. keep us in line.

Oh lawmom..I'm glad you are going to take the initiative to drink more water. Beleive me its just as much needed to cleanse your body as clean eating is. Water will detoxify your body and rid of the buildup. It is very important.

Ok ladies.......Im glad to see so many posts on here.....very exciting!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelhiBelli
Stats: maintaining at my current size
WOE: High Fat/ Mod Protein/ Low Carb
Start Date: September 2009
I'd like to partake in the challenge! I'm following this WOE to stave off some health issues that I have. I lost about 22 lbs doing various methods (eating less with the Paul McKenna plan and Specific Carbohydrate Diet) before starting LC/VLC/ZC. I was doing great from the start in Sept but after a 3 week vacay (I cheated before even getting off the plane) during Nov/Dec, I haven't recovered. I generally do well during the week and then binge all weekend. This has been going on since getting back in Dec and I hate it. I've been good for 7 days now and I've resolved to never do that to my body again. It makes me physically sick after a binge to go back to low carb. I spend days puking and doing that every week for a couple of months isn't fun. So, maybe small challenges are just what I need. I would like to lose the last 8 lbs and the binge-stop-binge method is just making me lose it one week and regain the next. I've been feeling great these last 7 days and I need to remember what this feels like. I'd also like to say that I'm a sugar addict. I can give up everything else- bread, pasta, rice, cookies, cakes, chocolate, etc. It's the sugar that keeps me coming back. The meal or dessert in whatever form it is, is just a vessel to get the sweetness to me. I feel it most after meals. I'll eat a full meal but feel a terrible hunger an hour later because I need something sweet. It's been getting better over the last few days. I had some almond butter a few days ago and that helped a little with the craving, but nuts mess up my digestion so I have to avoid all of them. I've also been using homemade yogurt made from half and half to help because it seems so sinful to eat something so thick and rich, but I don't want to use it as a crutch and have to try to kick that addiction next.

Quote:
I DONT SEE THE LOSS when I look in the mirror
Besides the binging, I have a problem with what I see. I have not been able to kick the image of what I used to look like. It doesn't matter if my old clothes fall off of me, I still see my old self when I can't fit into my new smaller clothes after a binge.

Good luck to you all! We can do this!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

delhibelli~ carb cycling will completley throw your whole body out of wack! It ruins all you may of accomplished and it makes you sick. then having to readjust to it all again is havoc too.

I'm glad you accepted the challenge. This will hopefully keep you focused on the benefits of staying LC. Congrats on staying OP all week. Keep it up and you can lose those few lbs left and hopefully it will resolve your weekend binges. Its a hard thing to get over but your body will thank you!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelhiBelli
Stats: maintaining at my current size
WOE: High Fat/ Mod Protein/ Low Carb
Start Date: September 2009
Thanks, MissG! How have you done today? What did you eat?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

This was my menu from today:

2scrambled eggs with a splash of HWC to fluff them. about 1 1/2 oz of sharp shredded cheddar.

1/2 of medium avo

water throughout

1 cheese stick.

2 better then cheddar kelbasa links.
2oz of queso fresco

1mug of coffee

more water....................

I dont usually eat the link sausages often but "egh" lol...........

getting grumpy.....I guess.......I was getting as slight headache earlier and now its just nagging me. Its not horrible but just there. Im pretty sure it has to do with my OP eating with no sugar/carby treats sneaks the last 2 days. It always happens when my body has to readjust from the trauma.

That's why carb cycling ,sneaks,treats anything of that sort is sooo not worth it. Its irritating to get your body to readjust.

or It can simply be from the new perfume I got today. Miss Dior Cherie. Its a big to woodsy/oriental for me. It might just be that. The headache did kinda come on after I put it on earliier.

I dunno.....lol!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great OP eating today MissG! I think when I hit my first goal i'm going to splurge and get Tom Ford's "Black Orchid". If you haven't smelled it, YOU NEED TO!! Best scent ever. Just cost to much LOL I actually stopped a woman in Target and asked her what fragrance she was wearing. It's that good LOL Next time you're at the mall, go to the fragrance counter and smell it. You'll melt. Seriously. No headaches at all!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Hello ladies!!

Followed Olivia, lawmom and Angie over from our thread. I love this idea, Liv- it's so much easier for me to just make it through SEVEN days OP. Then just do it for another seven. So weigh-in is tomorrow? I've been sitting at the same weight for the past week now, and I'd like to drop another 8lbs before I leave here. 8lbs in 18 days- think it's doable? We'll see... I feel so motivated now. Love you guys!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Cat~ well you are ahead of us time wise so how would that work? saturday will be friday here so I guess saturday.....

Yes I think it will be easier to follow 7 days then just do it again......Instead of a 8wk challenge that will seem frustrating and so far away to the end. 7 days is easy peasy!

Angie~ Sounds like it smells good. Thats what I did when I got this one. It smelled wonderful on someone else.....went to the perfume counter to find it a few weeks after that it still smelled good on those tester papers. Then I go and order it through my vendor and it smells horrific on me. I have no clue what thats about. Wierd. All I know is im still sitting here with a irritating headache, had to go shower the scent off and I keep on catching wiffs of it.

I think I will just stick to my victoria secret smell goods. lol.....Its cheaper and I can get a variety of scents for half the cost.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Hi All, I'd also like to join the challenge to keep me focussed.
Miss G, am finding I get headaches if I don't drink enough water.
Closed Thread