Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Circuslife
Stats: 205/205/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 4 2010
Need quick/easy breakfast ideas

My daughter and I are on our second week of induction. Unfortunately, she and I are both tired of eggs already. I've tried them scrambled, fried, boiled, deviled..... what are some other ideas or what do you eat for breakfast that can be prepared quick and the night before.
Circuslife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flemington1975
Stats: 245/227/175 lbs
Start Date: 01/04/10
My aunt makes egg salad alot on Atkins?

You could do hard salami with cream cheese roll ups?

Low carb pumpkin pie?

There are lots of sweet ricotta cheese recipes with splenda you could try?

Google low carb Linda Sue and look at her website for ideas......

flemington1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: camel?
Stats: 194/165/159
Start Date: November 2009
I found that about the beginning of the second week of induction I felt like I had meat and eggs coming out of my ears, and they didn't seem that appealing. But them all of a sudden everything started tasting SO GOOD! I've been eating bacon & eggs every morning for 3 months, and I'm not tired of it. Weird!
But I do have to vary my lunches and dinners a lot or I get tired of the same thing.
Agree, google low carb linda recipes, she has an incredible site.
You could try "egg creams" for breakfast shakes.
Or "one minute muffin" or revolution rolls/oopsie rolls.
Or leftovers
Or just keep trying egg recipes until you find one you like. Your tastes may change like they did mine.
camel? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StephV
Stats: 150/134.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/10
I feel you with needing something quick for breakfast... I used to eat toast with PB but of course that is out:-) I have a new fav. I started making these little muffin like things. You use a muffin pan, spray it with pam then you can put in what you like I tried chopped up ham first, but last night I made them with bacon, peppered bacon to be exact and OMG so yummy. So you cook your meat then sprinkle it or wrap it around in the muffin tin then do 1 egg per muffin scramble them up, don't cook them then poor equal amounts in each tin, top with your fav shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes and viola! I've been making them ahead, I do 6 at a time and that lasts me 2 or 3 days, just pop in the microwave for 45 seconds. They are very portable, you can just stick them in ziploc bags. I'm thinking what else can I do this with??? I saw a recipe for something similar with tuna for lunch, I think I might try it, called for less egg of course. But the egg puffs up and they look like little muffins.
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Circuslife
Stats: 205/205/150
Start Date: January 4 2010
Thanks for the ideas. I really like the muffin pan thing. Gonna try that. Just don't want to get so burned out that I skip breakfast, like I did this morning. I'm never hungry. I have to make myself eat. So sometimes putting a dry boiled egg into my mouth first thing in the morning just makes me want to vomit.
Circuslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigflopman
Stats: 354/192/177
WOE: Reduced Carbohydrate Intake
Start Date: 1/07(354)
Single serving bacon egg and cheese breakfast bites perfect for low carb on the run
bigflopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StephV
Stats: 150/134.0/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/10
Oh hey there is my muffin things... I like the bacon cooked ahead for some crunch... Next time I think I'd put it in the muffin tin right away because this time I waited a few minutes and it wasn't very flexible... And the peppered bacon made it very favorful...
StephV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Not Jake

Gallery: Jake
WOE: Plain old Atkins
Start Date: 8/22/1973
Chicken salad is good for breakfast. When I am lowcarbing, I don't stick to the idea that breakfast has to be a traditional breakfast food like eggs or ceareal. IMO, breakfast is just the first thing you eat in the day. It can be eggs, bacon, chicken breast, meatballs. Thin sliced roast beef with a little cream cheese spread on it and wrapped around a bit of green onion (or chopped celery, or pickle, a couple chopped olives, or bacon) is yummo too.

Or here's a good idea - do a search on induction snacks. Most of those will likely be speedy to prepare.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kitnmom
Stats: 235/198/160ish again
WOE: Atkins, Love that man!
Start Date: September 15, 2003
i switch up breakfast with lunch stuff or leftovers from dinner. Roast beef and cheese rollup. or pork chop and veggie
kitnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Minxz
Stats: 303/213.6/190
The crustless quiches make great breakfasts as well. I divide them into muffin tins and one recipe can give me breakfast for a week. You can do different meat variations bacon, ham etc..
Minxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Omphaloskeptical
Stats: 5'7", 236/201/136, 18-20%bf
WOE: High fat, <100 carbs/day, Atkins-paleo-ish
Iceberg or Romaine leaves are very versatile! You can use them as roll-ups with tuna salad, chicken salad, cream cheese (I add some chives and use Philly Salmon Cream cheese), roast beef with a little mayo and tomato, etc.

There's nothing written in stone that says you can't have a non-traditional breakfast, with meats, etc. Also, you can cook a little extra for dinner and then just heat up the leftovers for breakfast.
Omphaloskeptical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
Start Date: Everyday
I absolutely hate eggs, however, 2 eggs scrambled w/2 ounces of spicy chorizo, cheedar cheese and a side of sour cream is absolutely awesome for breakfast. The best part is you can't really taste the eggs!

I also like warm deli roast beef, cheddar, and bacon roll-ups dipped in mayo and/or mustard.

Fage Full Fat Greek yogart, flavored with any extract (lemon, strawberry, coconut, raspberry), Sweetfree, and ground flaxseed.
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote