Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Induction Lovers and Those Who Have Moved On!

Hi ladies....I just came on to see that our thread was closed due to size. Not that that's a bad thing. We really chatted our heads off about Induction, Welcomed Newbies and shared an abundance of information with each other!

So heres another thread decicated to those who are New, Ones who are Induction Lovers and those who are long time Atkiner's! May we share an abundance of positivity, help each other with motivation and keep ourselves focused and On Plan.

There are so many wonderful Low Carb Friends....let's keep this going!

MissG is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Day 5 OP...and this morning I am at 205. I hope you all are having a great LC day!

Menu so far:

B:
Coffee
Pumpkin Eggcream Shake

L. Chix thighs. green beans.

D. TBD.



Water water water..............


Oh yahhhhhh.......and look no stall at 206 anymore!!!!! This is awesome......I think my mini goal is right around the corner now! Yippeee!
MissG is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Day 5 OP...and this morning I am at 205.

Water water water..............

Oh yahhhhhh.......and look no stall at 206 anymore!!!!! This is awesome......I think my mini goal is right around the corner now! Yippeee!
You go girl!
I ate a lot of things I wouldn't normally eat while on vacation (whipped cream, nut crusts, cheesecake, strawberry, diet sodas, etc) so going back to induction eating for another week then will go to a semi-OWL from there.
My menu today:
B: tea w/ 1 splenda, 3 scrambled eggs w/ 2oz colby cheese melted on
L: 2 chicken thighs
S: hard boiled eggs
D: Spicy chicken thighs (need to go to store for some steaks! Slim pickens in the kitchen since we got back!)

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-01-2009 at 01:09 PM..
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
SquadLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Okay, so are we posting on both threads????

Let me know MissG!!

Anyway, good job getting back in the game Though I didn't lose, I'm thrilled I didn't gain!!! Yay me!!!!
SquadLeader is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
I started this thread before I realized that another one was started for the last. Peronally Im going to post in here. I will bounce between to encourage any newbies that start up in there........

Good going on continuing off. and Im very proud of you that even though you made a few carby selections....your motivation awesome to move forward and you didnt even gain!!! That's a big plus....

Your doing wonderful....Where did you originally start at weigh wise? oh and remember I asked your name.? Duh....It was right there....Im so sorry! Im a goober sometimes....teehee!
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
First Goal 220
MissG is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
SquadLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
At my heaviest, I was at 202lbs on a 5'2" frame!!! This WOE really works if you just stick with it!!
SquadLeader is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
It sure does! I'm 5'8 almost 5'9 and the heaviest I was ever was close about 260. I could have possibly been heavier at that time I didnt really like going on scales. That weight was from my Dr's office. I found that If I wasnt trying too hard but not really eating out of control like I would always float around 220-230. It feels good to be lighter, Im not as cranky, tired and I have more energy. It also helps with my moods. This WOE is great. My hun and I eat LC and he's lost and now hes getting jealous cause Im almost catching up to him. He got up to 213 and yes Im taller but he is about 5'6 so he was very much feeling the effects of gaining and it was taking a toll on his body. He had always been about 175ish so he was getting back aches, his feet would hurt and he was always angry as all..... He can manage to stay OP and then tell me about myself if I mess up..dorkbutt..lol. He swears...hahahaha.

Well.....I'm still trying to figure out what Im going to make for dinner. Nothing sounds good. blahhhh
MissG is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Guess I'll post here too! LOL.
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Thanks Joycelyn!
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
SquadLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
I noticed that netrtion also carries Udo enzymes. An excellent choice!
SquadLeader is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Well.....I'm still trying to figure out what Im going to make for dinner. Nothing sounds good. blahhhh
You've probably gotten to the stage where you aren't craving foods anymore...don't you love it?! I feel myself forgetting to snack sometimes...and never craving anything. It's nice!

Tonight I made this chicken for the first time with drumsticks and it was sooo delicious I had to post the link!!!!

Easy Italian Chicken - All Recipes
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
You've probably gotten to the stage where you aren't craving foods anymore...don't you love it?! I feel myself forgetting to snack sometimes...and never craving anything. It's nice!

Tonight I made this chicken for the first time with drumsticks and it was sooo delicious I had to post the link!!!!

Easy Italian Chicken - All Recipes

I have no cravings anymore whatsoever.....after almost 4mons doing this (with a few slips and stalls here and there) I dont even think about anything no-no. Not even usual meal Ideas. We ended up having Taco salad. Something I make once a week. Its so fast and easy and fills ya up. I didnt even finish all of it. I had very little of an appetite today. Last week I had got sick Or rather the weekend before thanksgiving. I made some poor decisions only cause it "made" me feel better while I was sick. cereal was the culprit.lol...So all last week I was on and off plan. Then Thanksgiving I had 1 plate for dinner that was basically all carbs 'cept turkey. So I had to undo last weeks damage which Ive already done and now Im back on track to obtain my mini goal.

Akmama when did you originally start your WL? You stats are awesome!!! Very Inspiring!
MissG is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,875
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone .... well my slip ups yesterday are already showing on the scale and I was up a pound today. Determined to be back on plan today. I have got to get to the grocery store. I have noticed that when the food supply is low, that is when I tend to "cheat". It's not so much that I have cravings too bad either -- the soup yesterday was more because of the cold than the food ...

Congrats Ms G! I see onederland in your near future. Personally, I would love to be in the 170s by Christmas so I really need to get it in gear. No more cheating allowed!

Got to get to work ... Hope everyone has a great day.
__________________
Goal: 140
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Good Morning and thanks for posting the link to here Woke up to wonderful SNOW...I feel excited like a little kid, haven't seen it in three years lol...Will go hiking later and snap some shots...

B: Shake
Workout
L:Salad/ham
Hike
D: Chicken stir fry
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
Okay, so are we posting on both threads????

Let me know MissG!!

Anyway, good job getting back in the game Though I didn't lose, I'm thrilled I didn't gain!!! Yay me!!!!
YES!!! Good Grief.
I just posted a bunch on the other thread. The challenge thread that we have too. I am only posting on this thread, the other one is just for Fridays weigh in.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
You go girl!
I ate a lot of things I wouldn't normally eat while on vacation (whipped cream, nut crusts, cheesecake, strawberry, diet sodas, etc) so going back to induction eating for another week then will go to a semi-OWL from there.
My menu today:
B: tea w/ 1 splenda, 3 scrambled eggs w/ 2oz colby cheese melted on
L: 2 chicken thighs
S: hard boiled eggs
D: Spicy chicken thighs (need to go to store for some steaks! Slim pickens in the kitchen since we got back!)
Nice Induction menu AK! Even though while on vacation you made good decisions. You didnt cheat at all. I think we all give ourselves a hard time over minor things. You stayed LC and that wonderful that you stuck to that type of menu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
At my heaviest, I was at 202lbs on a 5'2" frame!!! This WOE really works if you just stick with it!!
I love this WOE too! Even though after induction I have been a really slow loser, I can still eat things I wouldn't have been able to eat with low calorie, and at least not gain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
You've probably gotten to the stage where you aren't craving foods anymore...don't you love it?! I feel myself forgetting to snack sometimes...and never craving anything. It's nice!

Tonight I made this chicken for the first time with drumsticks and it was sooo delicious I had to post the link!!!!

Easy Italian Chicken - All Recipes
I wish I didnt crave anymore. I crave food all the time! Especially desert type foods! I make one minute chocolate cake some night, its really good, and about 3 carbs, not bad for chocolatecake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone .... well my slip ups yesterday are already showing on the scale and I was up a pound today. Determined to be back on plan today. I have got to get to the grocery store. I have noticed that when the food supply is low, that is when I tend to "cheat". It's not so much that I have cravings too bad either -- the soup yesterday was more because of the cold than the food ...

Got to get to work ... Hope everyone has a great day.
Sorry to here you were up a little. It'll go back down really quick! It would be so cool if you were in the 170's by christmas! I think it is a huge possibility!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Good Morning and thanks for posting the link to here Woke up to wonderful SNOW...I feel excited like a little kid, haven't seen it in three years lol...Will go hiking later and snap some shots...

B: Shake
Workout
L:Salad/ham
Hike
D: Chicken stir fry
I wish it would snow here. Its snowing in all the states around missouri. I just want a white christmas! I love seeing the snow fall. I am not on call for Christmas either! YEAH!!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Missgreen I bet you will be in wonderland pretty soon!! Im so happy that yo made it down to 205 now!! Hopefully there will be no more minor set backs!


I am still at 138. Its my new number for the next 7 weeks! I stuck at 140 for 7 weeks. Dropped 2 pounds, now im stuck here. My carb levels are still induction levels, so I know that Im not stalled due to increased carbs. Well, I guess its not technically a stall, its just a standstill. I just swap out different carbs everyday. Somedays more veggies, some days more dairy..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Jami~ It does seem you are having more of a harder time getting to your ultimate goal weight. What if where your at is where your body should be. Your body will keep you at a maintainence level where it should belong. So they day after thanksgiving you were 138? fully clothed? have you weighed yourself since then? weighing fully clothed always makes a higher weight...so you probably were like 136 or little over that. I always read 2.5lbs heavier when I weigh with clothes on.

Lawmom~ you had one semi Off day...carbs still werent out of control. That 1lb gain is more then likely all retention.....do a day of greentea and it will come off and then some....regardless of that you still have done so well. You absolutley wil be seeing 170's very soon! How's family reaction to your weight loss? Your husbands?


Snarlycat~ OOOOOh snow!!! How cool. It hailed here last weekend. Does that count?? lol......It did snow up in the mountains over here ....still thats about 2hrs away.

Squad~~ Where are you hun??? hows it going with you??

AKmama~ Hows your day going so far??
MissG is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,936
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Day 6 Abso. OP! My whooshie fairy had visited me almost everyday since last Saturday. Todays whoosh brough 204 back.....finally finally fianally....past the dreaded 206 stuck zone. It just took so long...now Im glad its not sticking there anymore.


2 more days til our friday weigh in. Who wants to guess what I will be at by friday?? I feel about 202. What do you guys think?

Breakfast was 1 angus cheddar/bacon patty and 3eggs. I was hungAAAAry this morning. I also had a very small half of a avo.

For snack/lunch whenever I feel hungry I will make a eggcream shake.Dinner I have no clue on as of yet.

Well I'll check in later...Im going to see if anyone else wrote on the other thread. Are you guys ok just posting here??
MissG is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Jami~ It does seem you are having more of a harder time getting to your ultimate goal weight. What if where your at is where your body should be. Your body will keep you at a maintainence level where it should belong. So they day after thanksgiving you were 138? fully clothed? have you weighed yourself since then? weighing fully clothed always makes a higher weight...so you probably were like 136 or little over that. I always read 2.5lbs heavier when I weigh with clothes on.

Yes, I weighed on the following Monday Morning, yesterday and today LOL Not like me at all. Its all 138. I dont weigh over the weekend when I work like I told you before.... personal ladies room issures..aahhim But, I am about 6 days away from TOM according to my pill pack. Maybe Im just weighing heavy. I have weighed comfortable at 135 for a long time a couple years ago. I know I can get there. Maybe I am where I should be?? I dont know, but I have elected myself this challenge so I feel like I have to complete it! We'll see. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Day 6 Abso. OP! My whooshie fairy had visited me almost everyday since last Saturday. Todays whoosh brough 204 back.....finally finally fianally....past the dreaded 206 stuck zone. It just took so long...now Im glad its not sticking there anymore.


2 more days til our friday weigh in. Who wants to guess what I will be at by friday?? I feel about 202. What do you guys think?

Breakfast was 1 angus cheddar/bacon patty and 3eggs. I was hungAAAAry this morning. I also had a very small half of a avo.

For snack/lunch whenever I feel hungry I will make a eggcream shake.Dinner I have no clue on as of yet.

Well I'll check in later...Im going to see if anyone else wrote on the other thread. Are you guys ok just posting here??
Oh my gosh, If you were 202 I will freak out!! I'll be so happy for you! LOL
I had to look twice when I saw you typed 204, GOOD JOB!!! We all have had quite a journey together.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
I am roasting a turkey breast in the oven. It smells so good in this house! Im starving. I cant wait for lunch!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
CBussey64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 326
Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
FOUND YOU!!!!

Hope eveyrone is having a good day; it's snowing in Denver, YUCK.

Hubs car is in the shop so I had to get up extra early; drive him to work and then me to work (I work 25 miles from home as it is) .... ended up with snow, drivers and such taking me 2 hours from start to finish. I was tired before I got to work. LOL!!!

Today is going well:

Breakfast:
1 serving Linda Sue's White Castle Pie w/ mustard
3 Turkey Sausage
33 oz water

Lunch:
Roast beef with some horseradish and mustard and a little bit of pico de gallo over it
small salad with caeser dressing
4 dill pickle spears
33 oz water

SNACK:
Another serving LInda Sue's delicious White Castle pie

DINNER:
Prob won't eat, not very hungry when I get home
CBussey64 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
CBussey64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 326
Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
I am roasting a turkey breast in the oven. It smells so good in this house! Im starving. I cant wait for lunch!


THAT sounds so good; we did ham at Thanksgiving. Going to have to get a turkey.
CBussey64 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
I have no cravings anymore whatsoever.....after almost 4mons doing this (with a few slips and stalls here and there) I dont even think about anything no-no. Not even usual meal Ideas. We ended up having Taco salad. Something I make once a week. Its so fast and easy and fills ya up. I didnt even finish all of it. I had very little of an appetite today. Last week I had got sick Or rather the weekend before thanksgiving. I made some poor decisions only cause it "made" me feel better while I was sick. cereal was the culprit.lol...So all last week I was on and off plan. Then Thanksgiving I had 1 plate for dinner that was basically all carbs 'cept turkey. So I had to undo last weeks damage which Ive already done and now Im back on track to obtain my mini goal.

Akmama when did you originally start your WL? You stats are awesome!!! Very Inspiring!
Sorry you got sick! That would be hard to stay on plan while sick. I usually crave warmer things that are bad. Mmmm, Taco salad sounds delicious!!! Might just have to make that tonight. Glad your bf is able to do it with you and help keep you accountable. =)

I've been trying to lose weight for 6+ yrs on other programs. I don't have a thyroid (thyroid cancer about 9 yrs ago) & never was I able to break 150. Then when I got pregnant I was 165. Delivered at 210 (my baby was only 5.5lbs, so trust me, it was mostly fat with all the crap I was eating!). It was really hard starting to try and lose the baby weight because my eating habits and cravings were out of control. I wont even talk about portions and items because it's disgusting to think about now. I got serious around 180lbs in August 2008. joined WW and was able to still eat the junk on that plan...once I got to 145 in Sept this year, I fell off WW & couldn't bring myself to get back on. I knew sure I was losing, but filling myself with junk still. My naturopathic dr rec'd that I do LC because I don't digest wheat products well. So I started exactly 4 weeks ago today with atkins at went from 145.8 to 137.2! I'm really happy, and feeling so much better on this plan!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
peanutte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,638
Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Quote:
My menu today:
B: tea w/ 1 splenda, 3 scrambled eggs w/ 2oz colby cheese melted on
L: 2 chicken thighs
S: hard boiled eggs
D: Spicy chicken thighs

Nice Induction menu AK!
AK, are you trying to do VLC (Very Low Carb)? There are no vegetables in this menu at all, and that is not Induction.
Quote:
now im stuck here. My carb levels are still induction levels, so I know that Im not stalled due to increased carbs.
Jami, did you know that we are supposed to take a few (or even several!) months to lose those last five or ten pounds? So you really do not need to worry about it. I was going to post a few good quotes from the Pre-Maintenance chapter of DANDR for you, but honestly there are too many good things to pick and choose a few sentences. Read that chapter again--remind yourself that Dr. Atkins says at this point, it's about learning to keep the weight off, not to lose it. You already know how to lose it.

I know it can be hard to convince yourself to try upping your carb level because we can be scared that we're going to regain. But staying on Induction levels isn't necessarily going to help you continue to lose a few more--and it is almost guaranteed to set you up for going off-plan because you're feeling restricted lately, as you said elsewhere.

Some people actually lose better once they add some higher-carb items back in.

Remember that Induction is not the primary weight loss phase of Atkins. It was designed to be done as a carb detox and to switch your body into fat-burning mode. OWL is actually the main weight loss phase of Atkins, and it sets you up to keep the weight off, which is really the most important thing.

Plus, honestly, 133 might be too low for you. The weights we were at when we were younger are not the same weights for us later. 120 for me in my late teens and early 20s was on the curvy side. Later, 120 looked gaunt on me at 30. 160 lbs five years ago looked totally different than 160 on me last spring. You should go by how you look and feel, not by a number from your past.

This is all meant in the spirit of supporting you, I hope you know that.

I encourage all who have finished Induction to please consider moving on to OWL. It's important to go through all the phases! And many of you are already participating in that new thread over on Atkins Nutritional Approach. it's a friendly group!
peanutte is online now  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post

I wish I didnt crave anymore. I crave food all the time! Especially desert type foods! I make one minute chocolate cake some night, its really good, and about 3 carbs, not bad for chocolatecake.
You're a stronger woman than I! If I were to have chocolate it would be a downhill spiral from there. I take an inch, and it turns into a mile. Enjoy some for me. =)
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
AK, are you trying to do VLC (Very Low Carb)? There are no vegetables in this menu at all, and that is not Induction.
I know *slaps hand*! We just got back into town from vaca Sunday afternoon and I didn't make it to the store until last night. We cleaned out the fridge before we left so we wouldn't have any rotting produce. I missed my veggies! Had two big salads at dinner last night that I didn't add into that menu because I didn't know if the lettuce at the store would be in good shape (or if I would make it to the store before work & dinner because I work eves). Today started out the day with spinach in my eggs & cheese. Usually do mushrooms in it too, but they weren't looking too fresh at the store! Will have to wait until the barge comes in Saturday to get the good stuff.

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-02-2009 at 12:48 PM..
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
peanutte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,638
Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Quote:
We cleaned out the fridge before we left so we wouldn't have any rotting produce.
Ah, okay then. Well, don't ask me to tell you about the time I went away for several days and came back to a completely dead fridge full of spoiled food. Good times!
peanutte is online now  
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutte View Post
Ah, okay then. Well, don't ask me to tell you about the time I went away for several days and came back to a completely dead fridge full of spoiled food. Good times!
Isn't it bad! We learned our lesson too. So make sure we clean out the fridge, make sure evey dish, spoon & fork are washed, and the trash is taken out!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #30
Random LC WIT-let
 
jessienevins0314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,192
Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Day 5 OP...and this morning I am at 205. I hope you all are having a great LC day!

Menu so far:

B:
Coffee
Pumpkin Eggcream Shake

L. Chix thighs. green beans.

D. TBD.



Water water water..............


Oh yahhhhhh.......and look no stall at 206 anymore!!!!! This is awesome......I think my mini goal is right around the corner now! Yippeee!



You go girl!! Your definetly going to hit your first goal
jessienevins0314 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.