Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Jami..how went the snow day? How old are your kids by the way..I'm sure it's been posted at some point...at least now that mine are teens, two boys 14 and 16 I don't need to entertain them really if we have a snow day...more then likely I wouldn't see them period till late afternoon when they'd wake up haha..

Ya I wish there was something they could do for the joint pain, life would be too simple that way eh...blah sucks....but I'm happy I'm losing even though I can't do the bulk of what I worked out before, it amazed me the last time I did Aktins how fast it fell off..I couldn't find a before pic of me to upload..would have to scan it, I did post a couple of after pics to inspire me of how I was BEFORE this weight gain...now that was mostly running and weights...Well..must run ladies..off to bowling..you gotta love small towns lol...the only kinda sad thing is it's mostly seniors here now, being in my early 40's is considered a very young spring chicken..but I have such a hoot with them all and they don't seem to mind my quirkiness haha...enjoy your evening ladies!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jilly_willy
Stats: 148*133*120
WOE: LC~ Atkins
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Good evening girls!!! Let's see... what is going on here....

I woke up this morning and the scale showed 137. No surprise there, I figured it would not be any different. TOM arrived today which I am sooo glad since I was a few days late. I started to worry since I am usually like clockwork when it comes to that!

Anyway, ummmm I made a batch of peanut butter fudge today! It's a recipe I found on this board... turned out wonderful!!! I am going to make some batches of it to give out for Christmas! Now I am making a pot of chili for dinner. Kinda high in carbs (13) but it's yummy and I have not eaten anything today except for 2 olives and a glass of wine! :blush: It's just been one of those days! lol

Jami~ my husband is really into body building and working out too! He is in the gym 4 or 5 times a week while I'm sittin here feeling like a big oinker! lol
About 2 years ago he wanted to start taking steroids and I told him he was out of his mind!!! I recommend him just getting in the gym and getting a trainer instead. That's what he did... thank goodness!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
Hey!...they are good, but I prefer a whole milk latte. Had one today w/ sf caramel syrup; can we say decedant?! I'm trying to stay in the 20-30 range, but after talking to a 50+ yr weight lifter suggested throwing in 2 higher carb days to increase muscle gains. Might toy around with Tues & Thurs going as high as 40g/day.
Hillshire Farm lil' smokies are awesome...never had til mer DH. Make sure u get the cheddar ones...so yummy! Nuke some for 55 seconds & that's it.
Eat when hungry! Maybe you're plateau'ing cuz u need more cals? Try upping your cals for 2 days, keeping the carbs low to see if that helps maybe???
Bought some ground flax to make the muffins, but used up the cream cheese on dinner! dang it. Maybe will try with butter.
Wish I could say I look awesome, but have a ways to go. Just 7 yrs ago I was 118lbs, 15%bf and the physique almost of a fitness model. Since I initially gained the weight in only 11 months getting up to 175lbs, I haven't been able to get under 150 since. My bf is pretty high right now...according to my scale 31%. I *hope* to be able to get into competition shape by 2012 and enter my first comp! Long road ahead still.

Kate~ That's an impressive loss to have been able to keep off so long before baby....I know you can do it again!

Missgreen~ Hope you get some rest tonight! Let me know how her enchilada bake is. I am making her Spiniach lasagna right now. Smells so good!!!

Oh it came out really good!!!! Its better to have right after you let it set for a few minutes out the oven. I didnt eat right away as I was waiting for my hun. But I did have a bite to taste ti and it was deelish. I ate when he got home abit later but the taste was best right when it was still piping hot out the oven. I was thinking of making the spinach lasagna tonight. too funny!!

C~ Do you measure? I encourage you to start if you don't already! It's so enlightening. I haven't had a loss in the scale in some time now, but my inches are dropping steadily.

Hi midlight & squad!

Startinova~ Great idea, I would totally go, but a ticket to get out of here just to Seattle is about $600 RT...If I lived south, I totally would!!

Off to check on dinner. Oh, I also ate some macadamia nuts today In addition to my posted meal plan. Mad at DH tonight...he screwed me on getting time to go to the gym. I wont bother venting the long story on here! Going to *********** blog it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
KatetheSkate: Welcome! This is a great thread and everone is really supportive.

Startinova: I would go to something like that ... the spa day would be great as well. As for getting started and staying there, sometimes it is all our mental state. When I finally got to the point that this was it ... I was done with being overweight .... I was able to start and stay on. However, I have tried so many diets in the past and failed because I just couldn't get the mental aspects down. Eating LC is easy enough if you plan it out-- although to me it does sometimes get kind of boring (especially when I eat out). Just get the mental attitude right -- focus on whatever your motivating factor is -- and you can do it!

Midlight: Thought of you yesterday as I was in McKinney. Had lunch at the CottonPatch there.

Jami & AKMama -- Good luck with the exercising. I want to start doing something on that front but I am scared ... and my doc has told me not to do anything other than just moderate walking. I am hoping I get a treadmill for Christmas Too cold and dreary this week to walk outside.

Olivia: You are such a sweetheart. Hope that the scale moves down for you ... TOM messed me up this time but when it left I was down a little from my weigh in the week before. I am like you some months the cravings are bad ... some months I don't even notice them. No matter what, I don't feel very good the whole week though!

I dont know if it was from talking about cravings or it just hitting me suddenly but Im mad craving chocolate big time this month!!! I found some sugarfree milk chocolate that has 3carbs per half. Its pretty large BUT I only broke off 2 very small squars and had that and that pretty much curbed it. Not so much the craving but from eating that choco bar. It was horrid. It tasted like slow melting greasy plastic in my mouth. Now If I can only find a recipe for hot chocolate...I think my craving will be controlled!

Yah Im very cranky this week....and wish this TOM will come on already Im still I guess PRE...it sucks!..lol

Better get the kids up. Hope everyone has a great day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
YAY YAY YAY 197 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! might just hit 195 before hubby comes home on the 19th!
OHmigoOdnEss! You are shrinking!!!! Your hubby is going to very excited!!! woohooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
I'm hoping, my scrub tops used to squeeze my hips; my tops are now loose around the hips and my used to be very tight scrub pants are comfortable.

I'm enjoying Canada Dry Cranberry Limelight Sparkling Seltzer today ... yum

Also decadently noshing on a relish tray I put together today:

First Breakfast (4:45 a.m.)
4 slices bacon with splenda and cayenne

Second Breakfast:
4 turkey sausage

Lunch / Dinner / Snacks

Brie Cheese
Black Forest Ham
Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
Italian Pepper Mix
Garlic Olives

Not overdoing the olives just a few ....

It's the time when the MD's and patients bring us LOTS of junk ... so I'm having my own special holiday junk ... much better than their sugar laden stuff.
What a wonderful Idea....This time a year is such a sabotager!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobby1234 View Post

Hello to all of my LCF! I know it has been a long time since I have been here. There have been so many things going on here. My daughter called and wanted to leave her bf with their baby in the middle of the night. (so we went and got her) Now we have a house full! 2 bedroom apartment was not built for Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter and Grandson!! Makes for a really small apartment!!
Anyway I have not lost any weight but have continued on my low carb stuff. I did manage to schedule my Lapband surgery in the middle of all of this stuff. It is going to be January 5th.
I promised Miss Green that I would come back. I have just been so busy catching up with my grandson... I really have not had time to sit here...
I miss all of my support system!!! I know I need it! I will be here more often!!
I do miss you guys!!!
I'm so glad to see you back!! We missed you very much here!!! SOrry to hear about your Daughter...I've been through that when I was younger. Its good to see she has a mother that is there for her for whatever she is going through..family is so important! Omigosh your appt is right around the corner..are you nervous or more excited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katetheskate View Post
good morning! i lost 6 lbs my first day... i know its probably mostly water etc... but i'll take it!

Very good!!! KUTGW!!! It will only get better here on out!!

doing good so far today hb eggs for breakfast. going to have tuna and some salad for lunch. cheese for snack
Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post
This is sooo my problem. I eat when I'm bored, when I'm sad, when I'm mad, when I'm lonely, when I'm hungry-of course, when I'm not hungry, when I'm depressed, when work is bad, when work is stressful and boring, when my man ain't right, when I'm not right...well, hell, you get the point.

I understand what you go through with the self-sabotage thing. And, marriage is hard...been there, done that. My ex brought home a baby and had me babysitting thinking it was his friends. It was his newborn. Duh, you big dummy! I still can't believe I fell for that one. Anywhoooo--God sees.
Oh hell nah!!! My ex did something similiar...then 2days later told me it was his son and that we had to take care of him full time.....I did help take care of him for almost a year. All the while still bieng played stupid for another 6 mons. I finally left him!

Quote:
OH MY. Wow, you sure have been through a lot. Glad you're on track and taking care of yourself now after all that. And that he is an EX now!

Yah....those PB balls have another thing coming to them..lol. Are you going to eat them again?? I hope the whossh fairy comes and visits your tonight!!!

*Forgot to say that I weigh 137.2 now!* Back to where I was before all those PB ball binges. TOM should be done tomorrow, so here's to hoping the whoosh fairy visits me to 136! That was my goal weight for Dec 9th anyways.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
snarly my son is 12. I only have one kid. Its amazing how many people look back and reminice of how they used to look and feel... Sigh, were getting older, I ma stomping and kicking about that! Whyyyyyy! Lol I used to easily do some things just 2 years ago, and now its hard. Snow day was ok. We watched a movie and made pop corn, I had 3 pieces. Lol its not that carby anyways.
Olivia, I have been wanting chocolate bad too! I want a dairy queen blizzard soooo bad! I just want to cry about it! Oh well, I need to suck it up and get over it! How was your day? Wet? Lol we are getting the snow that joycelyn had a couple days ago. Another 8 inches tonight and -neg. 7 tomorrow wind chill. Brrrr! And yuck. I don't know what to eat for dinner. I want spaghetti and bread sticks. Gosh.. Sorry girls. I was at 139 this am.. What happened to my 137 and 138? I've been robbed... Someone stole those numbers from me
hi Jilly! Seems like you are doing really well. Pbfudge oh boy. My hubby wants to take testosterone shots from his dr. I think he does really well though, but you know how guys are about wanting to be big. Is your husband tall? Mine is 5'9" so he always wants to be bigger.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner came out yummm last nite. Very good recipe. Im at 203.8 today......im ok with it. How's everyones night going?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi olivia wow for you ! 203, that's a new low! Aww congrats my friend! I'm so happy for you !
you'll never guess what I made tonight.. Carbquik pizza. LOL! I wanted pizza so bad, I was going to order from pizza hut but due to weather they wouldn't deliver, thank goodness. Anyways, I had a doughy, LC pepperoni pizza.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sobby1234
Stats: 293/196/165
WOE: Lap Band/ Low Carb
Start Date: August 2009
yes!!!! I am so excited and nervous... I have been to so many drs since I decided to have the lapband and I have lost a total of 28 pounds. I have been in a stall lately but I think with all of the stress and stuff that has a big part of it.
My family keeps telling me I dont need to have the surgery because I have done so good without, but I keep telling them how terribly hard it is and now with the baby around there are more snacks in the house making it that much harder. (My daughter refuses to do this low card life style with us!!!
Startin, I first went to a seminar about lapband that is how I first got started. My dr makes you do a pschologist appointment, fitness appointment, a nutrition appointment and then a group appointment. So, there is alot of support there within the group.

Tell your friend dont do the lapband without the support group or the other appointments. I have heard such horrible things of people trying to do this without the support....

I also heard a report lately that said a low carb high fat diet will make you moody!! Well no sheeeet.... I told my hubby that between that and the near death experience I had when I had my ablation for my heart gave me the right to be moody!!! (by the way for those of you that know, I am still not speaking to my sister!!) And I dont really care.... is that the diet or the near death experince?? dont know dont care.... got do for yourself cause you cant ride on the shirt tales of others for your entire life...

Anyway
Yes I am back!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

oh yumm...pizza. I made pizza last thursday with LC flat bread I found . It was like 6 carbs for the whole piece and it was pretty big. I ate half of it with salad and got really stuffed. Im finally getting some carbquick and other LC ingredients to make stuff with on thursday. We have a wholefoods nutrional place called Clarks nutritional out here and it has tons of stuff there. I found some EVCO tonight the Nutiva brand, I think its called. It smells heavenly. I added about 1/2 teaspoon into my coffee Im sipping on right now and it tastes great too. It says you can also use it for skin and hair. Muti purpose even better. But this is for he kitchen only. lol..... Jami...I hit 203 I think on saturday. But it bounced back up to 205 then to 204 yesterday and now back to 203.8 today. Silly lbs. Just go away already..lmao! anyways nothing else too special today except finding the Coconut Oil.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Ughhhh, I'm so freakin sick again!!! I dunno what's going on hear in texas but my allergies are KILLER this year. The only thing I've done today is lay on the couch, do laundry and eat horribly. Goodnight.....
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

lol...sobby your too cute! of course it makes us moody. We got rid of junk, fighting temptation for junk daily and lastly making this a way of life. Poor things who ever get in our paths..lol.

Im glad your getting the surgery. If I could of had the option I would of went for it too. I have no insurance and the out of pocket expense for it is too steep. I still have 50-70lbs to get to a "healthy weight" but it seems so far. I'll settle for being at 160-170. That's 40 to 50lbs from now. In time ...in time!

At anyrate...Im so very happy your back!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlight21 View Post
Ughhhh, I'm so freakin sick again!!! I dunno what's going on hear in texas but my allergies are KILLER this year. The only thing I've done today is lay on the couch, do laundry and eat horribly. Goodnight.....

I hope you feel in good spirits soon!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
[
Snarly~ Try Glucosamine!!! That helps some of my clients with joint pain. Also, a co-worker of mine drink monavie active and swears it helps her joints and feels it when she doesn't drink it. MonaVie Active - MonaVie Acai juice with Glucosamine
You'll notice it has glucosamine in it! Try it! You can buy powdered forumla at GNC and it is tasteless. I used to take it when I trained hard because of all the weight I was putting on my joints to lift super heavy.

Thanks Akmama, I have been taking Glucosamine for many years, doesn't affect it now...the Rheumatologist I just saw said it wouldn't like do much because of what he DX'd me with this time (4th Dr 3rd different DX lol, first being Lupus, 2nd being Osteoarthritis and now Benign Joint hypermobility syndrome) so who knows really, heck not even sure what it is I have haha..
Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi everyone! I am upset. I had multiquoted responding to everyone and my computer died. So, now I am at work and I am just dropping a line to say hello.

Sobby, it is so good to see you back with us. Hope everything gets better for you and your family soon.

Olivia, congrats on your loss!

Everyone else, will respond more later. Got to get to work!

Have a great LC day.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
oh yumm...pizza. I made pizza last thursday with LC flat bread I found . It was like 6 carbs for the whole piece and it was pretty big. I ate half of it with salad and got really stuffed. Im finally getting some carbquick and other LC ingredients to make stuff with on thursday. We have a wholefoods nutrional place called Clarks nutritional out here and it has tons of stuff there. I found some EVCO tonight the Nutiva brand, I think its called. It smells heavenly. I added about 1/2 teaspoon into my coffee Im sipping on right now and it tastes great too. It says you can also use it for skin and hair. Muti purpose even better. But this is for he kitchen only. lol..... Jami...I hit 203 I think on saturday. But it bounced back up to 205 then to 204 yesterday and now back to 203.8 today. Silly lbs. Just go away already..lmao! anyways nothing else too special today except finding the Coconut Oil.
OH... Ok, I remember now that you posted 203. I know right, they need to just go away! I was at 139 this morning, of course, why would it EVER say anything different. LOL The pizza was ok. I made the dough, cooked it, then I topped it, cooked it again, I probably wont make that again. I liked that other pizza we talked about before the the cheese and egg crust, much better. I need to go buy some parchment paper, I have been using wax paper and boy that does not work at all! LOL I wish we had some better stores here in town. We have one grocery store that has a little health food section, but its expensive. If only walmart had a health food section, that would be wonderful
Quote:
Gosh girl, Whats going on!? Sorry your feeling so bad. I hope you are better today
Quote:
Hi everyone! I am upset. I had multiquoted responding to everyone and my computer died. So, now I am at work and I am just dropping a line to say hello.

Sobby, it is so good to see you back with us. Hope everything gets better for you and your family soon.

Olivia, congrats on your loss!

Everyone else, will respond more later. Got to get to work!

Have a great LC day.
LOL! Sorry Lawmom, that seems to happen to you a lot! I agree very frustrating. Especially when you are pressed for time. Have a great day!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AKmama I missed biggest loser last night. I love that show, those people work so hard! Then I feel like such a pansy when I complain about working out. LOL I didn't take any creatine or anything like that. I was going to but my husband advised me not to... Although this next go around I might. I think that the more muscle I have the more fat I'll burn while Im sitting on my butt, so bring on the supplements LOL. Do you ever get on body building. com? I want to look like Jamie Easton! That would be funny if we were at the same competition. I would feel bad after I beat ya, so maybe we'd have to enter in different competitions. OOOOO LOL Just joking! Just talking tough! Its hard to mess with people when posting. You can HEAR the jokes sometimes.

Good Morning Everyone! I have a killer headache today, I feel like crap. I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland! We have so much snow! It snowed another 8 inches last night and its only supposed to get to 14 degrees today, neg. 7 with the windchill. BRR.. Luckily I dont have to go anywhere today. I am also pleasantly sore, and feeling like I made a good accomplishment yesterday with my workout. Maybe the scale will start to move again, fingers xx. I am supposed to START today, tom. Even though my birth control stopped me from having a period, I still get all the other symptoms, so maybe after this week I'll be a couple pounds down. I hope this headache goes away! .
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
lol...sobby your too cute! of course it makes us moody. We got rid of junk, fighting temptation for junk daily and lastly making this a way of life. Poor things who ever get in our paths..lol.

Im glad your getting the surgery. If I could of had the option I would of went for it too. I have no insurance and the out of pocket expense for it is too steep. I still have 50-70lbs to get to a "healthy weight" but it seems so far. I'll settle for being at 160-170. That's 40 to 50lbs from now. In time ...in time!

At anyrate...Im so very happy your back!!!
Olivia, I have seen so many members on here shoot past there goal weights, even in pre maintenance. I bet you'll settle for 160ish, but you'll probablly pass it. Sorry its taking so long getting out of the 200 mark, I keep checking all your posts hoping to see that 201, 200, 199! What is the deal with us! LOL Seems like you and I lose weight the same, slow and not very steady. LOL Is it still raining in CA? Has your house floated away yet?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AKmama I like your pic you posted. You are so pretty! Is that when you weighed the 118? Thats even below your ideal body weight. My IBW is 135 for my height.

Last edited by jamistar77; 12-09-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Good Morning Everyone

From COLD Denver .... -8 Degrees / Wind Chill -30 Degrees ... where are we the North Pole????

Started the morning with 1 serving of Macadamia nuts that a nurse brought back from Hawaii ... package said 4 grams .....

Small coffee with a wee bit of half and half and splenda.

Scrambled Eggs
4 Turkey Sausage

Lunch:
Spinach Stuffed Filet of Sole (At Hospital cafeteria) SO GOOD!!!!
or ...
Salad with chicken or turkey

Dinner:
NO CLUE
Old 12-09-2009, 08:52 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
AKmama I missed biggest loser last night. I love that show, those people work so hard! Then I feel like such a pansy when I complain about working out. LOL I didn't take any creatine or anything like that. I was going to but my husband advised me not to... Although this next go around I might. I think that the more muscle I have the more fat I'll burn while Im sitting on my butt, so bring on the supplements LOL. Do you ever get on body building. com? I want to look like Jamie Easton! That would be funny if we were at the same competition. I would feel bad after I beat ya, so maybe we'd have to enter in different competitions. OOOOO LOL Just joking! Just talking tough! Its hard to mess with people when posting. You can HEAR the jokes sometimes.

Good Morning Everyone! I have a killer headache today, I feel like crap. I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland! We have so much snow! It snowed another 8 inches last night and its only supposed to get to 14 degrees today, neg. 7 with the windchill. BRR.. Luckily I dont have to go anywhere today. I am also pleasantly sore, and feeling like I made a good accomplishment yesterday with my workout. Maybe the scale will start to move again, fingers xx. I am supposed to START today, tom. Even though my birth control stopped me from having a period, I still get all the other symptoms, so maybe after this week I'll be a couple pounds down. I hope this headache goes away! .

What part of Missouri are you in?

I'm flying to St. Louis next thursday to go to Columbia AND Linn to see my girls and grandson ... hope it's nicer by then.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
THE OLD LADY RIDES AGAIN!!

As if I weren't having a horrible day yesterday, when I got home my mom made more comments about me getting fatter.

Is my weight my only worth?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

As if I weren't having a horrible day yesterday, when I got home my mom made more comments about me getting fatter.

That's just so not nice; she may just be worried about your health, but still there's a way to say things and not make people feel bad. I'm sorry ...
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
[
Thanks Akmama, I have been taking Glucosamine for many years, doesn't affect it now...the Rheumatologist I just saw said it wouldn't like do much because of what he DX'd me with this time (4th Dr 3rd different DX lol, first being Lupus, 2nd being Osteoarthritis and now Benign Joint hypermobility syndrome) so who knows really, heck not even sure what it is I have haha..
Dang girl...you sure are dealing with a lot!!! So sorry. I hope they are able to come up with something to help cope with the discomfort you have.

Lawmom~ I HATE when that happens! Morning!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
AKmama I missed biggest loser last night. I love that show, those people work so hard! Then I feel like such a pansy when I complain about working out. LOL I didn't take any creatine or anything like that. I was going to but my husband advised me not to... Although this next go around I might. I think that the more muscle I have the more fat I'll burn while Im sitting on my butt, so bring on the supplements LOL. I want to look like Jamie Easton! That would be funny if we were at the same competition. I would feel bad after I beat ya, so maybe we'd have to enter in different competitions. OOOOO LOL Just joking! Just talking tough! Its hard to mess with people when posting. You can HEAR the jokes sometimes.

It was a good show last night!!! They looked fantastic!
Creatine really helped me up my weights and grow fast. It is true, muscle burns fat! Jaime EAston is so cute. My friend Hector got to meet her at last year's Olympia. He does fitness photoshoots & just started training my DH last week & I get to hear him whine everynight about how sore he is--big baby! Men are such babies when it comes to pain. Yeah girl, a little friendly competition is always healthy! I think they do it by height classes, no? So we might not get to! I would love to go to an event...nothing here ever though. *sigh*

Sorry about the headache!

You all are making me c-c-c-olllld. I may be in Alaska, but it's warmer in my city (southeast) than most everywhere else who has posted the temp! Only 28* right now. And I'm still freezing!

Startinove~ I'm so sorry about your Mom...that really doesn't help motivate when comments are made to bring you down. What do you say when she says things to you about your weight?

TOM still lingering for me...maybe by tomorrow will finally be gone!
We're up earlier than usual. So waiting to weigh-in. Now feeling too hopeful since we had a late dinner!

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-09-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
AKmama I like your pic you posted. You are so pretty! Is that when you weighed the 118? Thats even below your ideal body weight. My IBW is 135 for my height.
You are too!!!

Do you mean the halloween one? I put the fitness one kind of hidden in an album & you couldn't see my face in that one...so guessing you are talking about the halloween one?! I was 146 there, right before I started LC. Thankfully (I guess) I was blessed with a verrry small frame, so carrying the extra weight doesn't look as bad...but I know my bf is unhealthy. That's what matters right? I made a new album with old school photos I was able to dig up. A couple fitness shots (untouched! They are the negatives I bought off the photographer) & one at a heavy weight; 170-175ish. I hate looking at those, but wont post any pics of me any bigger!
Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

*deleted*

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-09-2009 at 10:16 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Quote:
Startinove~ I'm so sorry about your Mom...that really doesn't help motivate when comments are made to bring you down. What do you say when she says things to you about your weight?
Thanks for the huggies! I told her, "Didn't I tell you not to comment on my weight?! It makes it worse. It makes me feel bad, which makes me eat more." She got smug and shrugged her shoulders--something else inaudible under her breath. Anywhooo--I then retreated like a big kid to my room and proceeded to eat and drink. Self-destruction.

Quote:
That's just so not nice; she may just be worried about your health, but still there's a way to say things and not make people feel bad. I'm sorry ...
Thanks for your hug. I'm ok. Doing ok. No, they like the idea of me being a beautiful thin daughter. Anything else is embarrassing. My father is worse. Luckily they are in different households.

Quote:
I had multiquoted responding to everyone and my computer died.
I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry you don't feel well. It sucks not to be at 100%. My well-wishes to you.

Missgreen--You're right. In the immortal words of Whitney Houston, "Hell-to-da-naw!"

RETREAT INFO
Group, guess what? I am in the process of getting quotes for the "tentative" LC Retreat. How much would you be willing to pay--$300, $400? For three days at a nice hotel, all LC meals, exercise class, maybe hiking or something, and information sessions and support group meetings.

MY DIET INFO
So, I'm sitting here tripping about the weight thing. Then, I remembered, I lost 6 lbs. before my cruise AND I still have my menus. Yeah!! I can go redo the whole thing. Whoo hoo.

ROLL CALL
Jami
AK
Sourpeach
Lawmom
Jilly
Missgreen
Snarley
CMorrison
midlight
Sobby
snarley

Who am I missing, we are soooooo big? Well, here we go...
Shout out to all my LC ladies. It's your birthday, it's your birthday! Bend over let me see you shake a tailfeather
!!

QUESTION- Didn't we have a man in our group? Where'd he go?

Last edited by startinova; 12-09-2009 at 11:28 AM..
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Gosh girl, Whats going on!? Sorry your feeling so bad. I hope you are better today
I'm feeling slightly better today but I still just want to crawl back in bed and go back to sleep. It's another sinus infection and honestly I'm just frustrated. I'm going to get my dr to send me to an allergist so I can figure out everything I'm allergic to. I've been getting migraines b/c of sinus pressure so.....I've got to do SOMETHING. This is ridiculous.

Quote:
I didn't take any creatine or anything like that. I was going to but my husband advised me not to... Although this next go around I might. I think that the more muscle I have the more fat I'll burn while Im sitting on my butt, so bring on the supplements LOL.

My husband takes creatine. He's 5'6" tall and has a ton of muscle but still thinks its not enough. Plus at the age of 41 he FINALLY got a little spare tire and he's complaining sooooo badly about it. LOL. He's trying to build more muscle to burn off that little bit of fat. This is the same man that complains when he loses weight.....and OMG in the past he's had such trouble gaining weight that he'd complain about that too! I sincerely hope that my son got his fast metabolism and not mommy's snail-like one. 41 years old and he can still eat just about whatever he wants. It's sick....

I hope the headache goes away soon Jami!!! Those suck!

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone

From COLD Denver .... -8 Degrees / Wind Chill -30 Degrees ... where are we the North Pole????

Started the morning with 1 serving of Macadamia nuts that a nurse brought back from Hawaii ... package said 4 grams .....

Small coffee with a wee bit of half and half and splenda.

Scrambled Eggs
4 Turkey Sausage

Lunch:
Spinach Stuffed Filet of Sole (At Hospital cafeteria) SO GOOD!!!!
or ...
Salad with chicken or turkey

Dinner:
NO CLUE
Your menu sounds so good for today so far!!!! Yum! Sorry its so cold there but at least you get to see tons of snow!

Quote:

OMG, tons of HUGS!!!! I can't believe that! So mean.....

Quote:

RETREAT INFO
Group, guess what? I am in the process of getting quotes for the "tentative" LC Retreat. How much would you be willing to pay--$300, $400? For three days at a nice hotel, all LC meals, exercise class, maybe hiking or something, and information sessions and support group meetings.

MY DIET INFO
So, I'm sitting here tripping about the weight thing. Then, I remembered, I lost 6 lbs. before my cruise AND I still have my menus. Yeah!! I can go redo the whole thing. Whoo hoo.

ROLL CALL
Jami
AK
Sourpeach
Lawmom
Jilly
Missgreen
Snarley
CMorrison
midlight
Sobby
snarley

Who am I missing, we are soooooo big? Well, here we go...
Shout out to all my LC ladies. It's your birthday, it's your birthday! Bend over let me see you shake a tailfeather
!!

QUESTION- Didn't we have a man in our group? Where'd he go?
Wow! You're really going to set it up! How cool!!!! Yes we did have a man at some point but I dunno where he went! Maybe all our talk of TOM ran him off. LOL.

Mini Goals:
290 working on
Old 12-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Okay.....so I'm stuck eating oatmeal and drinking warm tea for a few days, hoping that the oatmeal won't show too much on the scale. The extra carbs helps me get better quicker if that makes sense. Just think of it as more like the South Beach Diet phase 2 eating for a few days. Ughhhhh.... Oatmeal is one of the few grains I can eat without having a "wheat-like" reaction so....

I did order some pilates DVD's so I'm hoping to get started on those when I'm better. I have to do something but I still have to get my mat back from my sister.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Startinova~
I'm sorry about that. I'm glad you spoke up and let her know how that makes you feel though. That's the first step! I hope she realizes she's not helping you. That must be hard. I had a bf in 8th grade who would actually weigh me and tell me how much I should lose!!!!!!! What a loser. I was young, he was my first bf...what did I know. Glad we weren't "together" long. But I think it sort of messed with me! Didn't feel good. I would love to be able to do the retreat, but would have to be a while (like 2011) because of all the travel plans I have going on in 2010; maybe if it's a hit it could be an annual deal?! Sounds fun nonetheless!

I held steady today with my weight. Dang. Seem to be lingering at the 137-138 range. DH's Xmas party is the 19th, so I think starting Monday-Friday next week I'm going to do VLC to kick things up a bit. I want to be 135 by the party. I bought a nice dress for it at 140lbs and it was tight. I've lost quite a few inches, but want my legs thinner! Thank goodness tights are in style again. lol

My meals for today:
B: 3 egg scramble with coldby cheese melted on top + small sausage patty
L: macadamia nuts (addicting!), flax muffin w/ butter & green salad w/ blue cheese dressing
S: Short whole milk latte w/ SF caramel syrup
D: 1.5 angus burgers w/ cheese melted on top + bosnian creamed spinach (learned how to make while in Bosnia).

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-09-2009 at 02:25 PM..
Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory be
Stats: 10 Lbs down. 30 to go.
Start Date: mar.11.2010
can't claim to looove induction, but need help.

Hello ladies,
Untill about a week ago, I was a carb freak. But we all know what that'll do to a human body eventually. So here I am, fifth day of induction. And I have a question.
The one thing that's kept me sane these past 5 days are Atkins shakes. I have read all around though, that soy interferes with thyroid business. I am willing to try out a home made shake, soy free but taaaasty. Any receipes?

Also, I am not a lover of cold drinks, so I would preffer my shake warm. Does this interfere with the beauty of the ingredients or not. I do not mean beauty per se, but really the value of the ingredients, do they get altered when I warm the shake?

I'll appreciate all input. Coz I gotta make this work.
Thanks,
Closed Thread