Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
Jilly~ You are brave for going in there! When I was in Portland for black friday there was a fist fight between some women & the cops were called. I heard about it from a gal in line at old navy across the street. Made the evening news though!

Lawmom~ Sorry about the computer...but happy the whoosh fairy visited you!

Green eyed~ YAY for breaking through your plateau weight! Pretty soon you'll be kissing the 200s good-bye!

Jami~ How'd the workout go?

Squadleader~ I'm an avid online shopper too! Mostly because there aren't any places here to shop besides Fred Meyer. Can't drive anywhere either cuz no roads out, and would be a long drive anyways!

Today went well. Was my workout day off but I still went to the gym and just walked at a slow pace (3.2) for 45 min while I watched my show. Figured I'd do something productive while watching it!
Menu:
B: 3 eggs scrambled with colby cheese on top
S: String cheese
L: Chicken teriyaki breast on salad w/ blue cheese
S: 2 deviled eggs (& tried some LC flax crackers w/ garlic tomato cream cheese my mama made on way to gym when dropping off DS; yum!)
D: 1.5 bacon cheddar angus burgers w/ cheese melted on top
S: Spoon of almond butter
Oh my goodness! your menu make me hungry. I think I'll plug all that into MyPlate and use that as MY menu for the day! LOL
I didnt work out yet. I plan on doing it later today. I am so lazy. I slept until 9am this morning. I slept for 12 hours!! Usually after my 3-12's I have a huge rest night, and I sleep so hard too! Good job on getting to the gym. I need to go too, Im debating on doing my 20 minute TJ workout, or going to the gym???

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone. Weight held at 185.2 last night ... I went back through my ****** stuf and while I guess I have had an ok loss overall -- I am generally losing about 1 pound per week ... That means in the last 3 weeks I have only lost 3 pounds. Once the holidays are over I am going to try the gym (or at least walking) again. Don't know if my back can handle it though. I am also going to go back to planning menus weekly and being more strict on my eating.

AKMama - Your menus always sound great. I have to say I have always been a little leery of online shopping. Do you find that the on-line sizes are true to form?
Well, one pound a week is really fine. Thats what Fitness trainers tell there clients to shoot for, so its healty!
I am back to the 139-140 dance. Gosh! I dont want to maintain my weight at 20 net carbs a day! That is rediculous. I know that i am not Resistant due to my induction losses, oh well. I'll shut up
Be careful about the gym. I worry that your back will flare up again. I know this is for AKmama, but, If I buy clothing on line, I usually already know the name brand, style and size I am looking for. So it makes it a guarantee fit.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
You and me both on the no snacking after 7pm, Girl!!
YEP!! Just you ane me kid!! LOL How are you doing with that? I fell off the wagon with it, but, Im starting again. Trying to start the 2 shakes again too. Are you still making shakes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly_willy View Post
Good morning ladies!! Yesterday morning I weighed myself and it showed 136... now the stupid scale is showing 138! I should know better than to weigh myself daily but I can't help it! Anyway, I'm sure it has something to do with TOM arriving any moment but it still is not the number I wanted to see this morning!

Menu today

B~2 fried eggs, 3 bacon
L~salmon, salad
D~?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Good Morning Jilly. I know, the stupid yo-yo scale thing. I hate it too. Yes, TOM likes to screw things up for us! My tummy is so squishy, partly because I have been eating like a champ the last couple days, and TOM should be here by the end of the week.
Good luck with tomorrows weigh. I hope it wont say 137 again!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!! LOL, I have been on a quoting frenzy this morning! I hope you all are having a great day so far. The scale for me was 138-139ish this morning. I'll take it. I just want to get away from 140 for good, That number loves to pop up every so often. Debating on what to do for my work out today. I really want to go to the gym. I might do that. I dont have much gas in my car, or money and I dont get paid until Thursday, plus I have to try to each end of town for wrestling this weeek too.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Good Morning Ladies ~
I still live ... was a long weekend and parts of it weren't too good.

Saturday I spent cleaning, grocery shopping and making dinner for our friends that come over to play cards. The Menu was sausage, peppers and onions on hoagies with provolone; baked beans; potato salad; jalapeno poppers and roasted cauliflower..

MY dinner was: 2 Italian Sausages with some peppers & onions and 2 slices provolone; roasted cauliflower and jalapeno poppers.

Sunday I did laundry while it snowed like crazy .... were s'posed to go to friends for football ... didn't happen.

Husband was a jerk most of the weekend; he's so pizzy because his car is in the shop .... well build a bridge and get over it .... darn men can be so whiny.

Today's menu:

Breakfast:
4 pieces bacon sprinkled with cayenne and splenda
veggie & turkey ham omelet with cheese
2 turkey sausage
Diet Coke

Lunch:
33 oz water
Salad with turkey, onions, jalapeno's
2 pkts creamy caeser dressing

Dinner:
Chicken
33 0z water.

My weigh in sucked ... not a pound off!!!!

Last edited by CBussey64; 12-07-2009 at 08:36 AM..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
An Idea

Hey guys, I have an idea and I'd like you to weigh in on it.

Induction is the hardest part of LC living, right? And, mis-information is a killer. So, why not put together a three-day weekend at a retreat/hotel for those wanting a LC lifestyle or clean induction with support.

So, we will go into the hotel and have the chefs do strict low carb meals, have exercise classes and support group talk sessions and also info sessions with recipes suggestions, health help, how the diet works and etc.

What do you guys think?
Would you attend something like that if it were in your area?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post

Induction is the hardest part of LC living, right? And, mis-information is a killer. So, why not put together a three-day weekend at a retreat/hotel for those wanting a LC lifestyle or clean induction with support.

So, we will go into the hotel and have the chefs do strict low carb meals, have exercise classes and support group talk sessions and also info sessions with recipes suggestions, health help, how the diet works and etc.

What do you guys think?
YES I would go.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
YES I would go.
Thank you. I am trying to find someway to make this easier on myself and help others at the same time. Geez...
I won't even tell the problems I'm having. What use to be so easy to do--switch my body into a fat burning maching, control my LC eating, and change my mindset at the very least--is hard as hell now.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #189

Gallery: Katetheskate
Stats: 24/24/12
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/7/09
hey can i join in?

i just started today.

b: 2 scrambled eggs
s: string cheese
l: tuna and a salad with ranch
dinner will be a steak, zucchini, mushrooms, salad and bleu cheese on the steak

oh i wanted to add, i'm doing no fake sugars including diet soda for the first 2-4 weeks (We'll see how WL goes). then i stay in induction, but i allow myself to have diet soda and sugar free jello and crystal light.

Last edited by Katetheskate; 12-07-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Old 12-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

C. Wow, can I come over for card night. Sounds like you had fun! Glad to see you are alive! Lol
Startinova, that's a great idea, plus throw in a spa day too.

well, I ended up going to the gym. I walked and jogged for 40 minutes. Lifted weights, just did bicps and triceps. I didn't push to hard since today was my first day back in 5 months. Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katetheskate View Post
hey can i join in?

i just started today.

Hi Kate. Of course you can join! First day huh? If have any questions ask away!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Jami--How did the day go at the gym? Feel better? Feel like you're burning calories? Hot (in temp) yet? I wish I had your resolve. Anyway, back to the drawing board.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Quote:

What do you guys think?
That would be sooo neat to attend! I agree with Jami...throw in a spa day!

Quote:
Thank you. I am trying to find someway to make this easier on myself and help others at the same time. Geez...
I won't even tell the problems I'm having. What use to be so easy to do--switch my body into a fat burning maching, control my LC eating, and change my mindset at the very least--is hard as hell now.
(((HUGS))) I know how hard it can get! Sometimes, especially around TOM, I have such a hard time controlling ANYTHING much less what goes in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katetheskate View Post
hey can i join in?

i just started today.

oh i wanted to add, i'm doing no fake sugars including diet soda for the first 2-4 weeks (We'll see how WL goes). then i stay in induction, but i allow myself to have diet soda and sugar free jello and crystal light.
Welcome to the group!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
well, I ended up going to the gym. I walked and jogged for 40 minutes. Lifted weights, just did bicps and triceps. I didn't push to hard since today was my first day back in 5 months. Have a great day everyone!
YAY!!!! Glad you got to the gym! I hope it felt good.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls, Im glad I went to.. It always takes that first initial time, then after that it gets easier. I did pretty good, My leg didnt go numb which was amazing. I jogged and walked, for 40 mintues, 3 miles, then I lifted weights for 15 minutes, just arms today. No biggie, but I felt very good about going. Trying to eat very clean and healthy today. I need to get rid of old habits again, that is eating sweet treats after dinner.
How are you all today? Are you all working today or do you get a day off! LOL
Have a great day everyone
Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Hi everyone! I'm a bit shorter on time today than usual. Much to do; errands, 2 massages, chalean extreme, gym, etc. Will be in and out checking on here to see how you all are doing!!
Wanted to say WTG Jami on working out! That sure was a great workout length for starting back up.
I love reading other people's menu's too. Thanks for sharing everyone! I eat things that taste good to me and are easy. Never eating things just because they are on the plan...want to love what I'm eating! In addition to what I typed for yesterday's food, I also ate about 10 mini cheddar lil smokies & a tall breve w/ SF coconut syrup from the coffee stand. I usually get a whole milk latte, but they don't carry whole milk at the one I went to yest. WTH?! So downed a breve (half & half instead). Was down .2 lb today. I'll take it! Anything for TOM.
My menu for today:
B: 3 egg omelette with carmalized onion & mushrooms + colby cheese melted on top
S: Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage patty
L: Teriyaki Chicken Breast (come frozen at costco, just nuke) w/ blue cheese on top (sounds weird but so good!), string cheese
S: 2 hard-boiled eggs
D: TBD; probably Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Kate!

everyone else!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #196

Gallery: Katetheskate
Stats: 24/24/12
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/7/09
Quote:

Hi Kate. Of course you can join! First day huh? If have any questions ask away!

thanks! i did atkins once before in 2005. i lost 80lbs, kept it off for a couple years, got pregnant, gained it all back.

so i'm back now.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Changed my lunch.

Had a grilled turkey, cheddar and turkey bacon no bread and 2 dill pickles. Very good.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Welcome Katetheskate!!! You have joined a wonderful thread!!!!

Startinova~ I would go...I know Im past induction levels...but I seem to do better at these carb amounts so any information that pertains to it would be beneficial! Oh yah a spa day in that would be great too! lol......

I hope everyones day is going well! It is RAINING out here today and nonstop! Started up at about 2am and keeps going and going!..lol.....Our whole patio area is flooded...It's suppose to be sunny tomorrow and rain for the rest of the week. Oh boy!

Did anyone Else want to send me their Address so that I may send them a Xmas card?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babsaroo
Stats: 267/207/167
WOE: WLS 10-07-10- mod carb
Here is my food for the day:

pumpkin/flax minute muffin with small amt of cream cheese frosting

egg broccoli bake and sausage link

jalapeno/cheddar burger with pickles and onions

cauliflower soup

dinner will be steak and asparagus

mmmmm

so I made the minute muffin for the first time last night. I liked it alot, so I did another one and added pumpkin for today. OMG they are so filling!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

akmama, I love those breves, I get them with hwc instead. You said you are at 20-30 total carbs daily right? That's about where I try to linger. With net carbs its about 18-25. I do better lower though. I bet you look awesome with all the excersize you are doing! I'm so happy to be back at the gym, although I'm no where close to what I used do, but thanks for the kind words. Those cheddar smokies sound good, what brand do you get? I have had a lot to eat today.. Geez I'm hungry. Trying to keep the tea going down to keep me full, LOL
Kate. Seems like you were very successful with Atkins before! Good decision on coming back!
hi Missgreen! Yuck on the rainy day. We had a dusting of snow last night and tomorrow we are supposed to get 5-8 inches. Today only got up to 26 degrees...brrrrr!! I bet you are a tired since you've been up since 2am!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

C. guess what I have in the oven. White castle hamburger pie. You've mentioned it enough and I just have to have it! Lol
Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
C. guess what I have in the oven. White castle hamburger pie. You've mentioned it enough and I just have to have it! Lol
I just finished my last piece yesterday, I love it. Don't forget the mustard and dill pickles on top. It is good cold, too.

I so need to exercise but my foot just won't allow it. Walking is painful ... just the little I do at work. Soooo depressing.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

the white castle pie was great! I cut it into 6th pieces, made my own seasoning, and had 2 slices. 5 carbs I believe, and a salad.
sorry to hear about you foot. It is such a road block.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi babs! I'm glad you like the muffin I love them too!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
hi babs! I'm glad you like the muffin I love them too!
What muffin? Please share!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just finished my last piece yesterday, I love it. Don't forget the mustard and dill pickles on top. It is good cold, too.

I so need to exercise but my foot just won't allow it. Walking is painful ... just the little I do at work. Soooo depressing.
Yeah it's a pain. It's been 6 months since the first surgery and 3 since the 2nd and I fully expected to be recovered by now. I regret having it done; the broken bone spur felt better than this.

The scale doesn't seem to be moving but I feel thinner and I look thinner, is that strange?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, everyone. I have some exciting news! The hospital I work at Heartland Hospital, has won the National Presidential Malcom Baldridge Award! YIPEE! We tried to hard to win this. I dont know what all this will mean for me. Probably nothing but its still cool!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What muffin? Please share!!!
Quote:
Yeah it's a pain. It's been 6 months since the first surgery and 3 since the 2nd and I fully expected to be recovered by now. I regret having it done; the broken bone spur felt better than this.

The scale doesn't seem to be moving but I feel thinner and I look thinner, is that strange?
Its the flax seed minute muffin.
in a coffee cup. mis
1T butter melted
add 1 egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/4 tsp baking powder
a drop of liquid splena
mix very well and microwave for 1 minute!!
I cut mine in half and put cream cheese or PB on it. I think its about 1.5 net carbs with the muffin alone

I bet your inches are falling off. Sometimes scales lie.. LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
ooh your dinner sounds good jami!! I made Linda Sue's Enchilada Bake. I did tweak it a little bit insteading putting in just the diced green chiles I put in Rotel canned tomatoes and green chilis. Its finishing up baking right now. I hope it comes out good. It looks and smells good.

Still raining and now very windy out here. I went back up to 204 today. TOM should be here any time now. I cant wait for it to come and go so I can see if my scale moves good.

How's everyone elses nite going??
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Midlight. I hate injuries. WHYYYY!! LOL Why cant we just work out and be happy. There always has to be something. She is missing out. I was hoping that she would like them. When I was running and weight lifting, I also would do my turbo jam. GOsh. I was in the best shape of my life. Now Im just a flabby, droopy mess. LOL
HAH that's exactly how I feel too...since this stupid joint issue cropped up and I can't run anymore I went to FAT!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I am trying now to do other things but that's only if it's a good joint day, mind you I usually just force the issue and workout...I hate how my body is so it's motivating me to keep at it!
Closed Thread