Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jilly_willy
Stats: 148*133*120
WOE: LC~ Atkins
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Oh, boy. Christmas shopping! LOL I am thankfully almost done. I just have to get 3 more things, luckily 2 of them are gift cards..
Im glad you came over too! This is a great group of girls. These girls are the reason why I signed up to this Bulletin board. awwww LOL
I am at work today. I work every Friday - Sunday. Just 3- 12 hours shifts a week. Today is not as busy as yesterday thank goodness. I almost fell over yesterday of physical and mental exhaustion! LOL Is the toys r us trip for your kids? If so, how many kids do you have?

Wow... good for you on the Christmas shopping! I wish I already had it all out of the way but I'm a huge procrastinator!

Toys R Us trip went okay yesterday. They were so crowded and I hate that! I'm gonna have to go back but I'm gonna go on a weekday! I have 1 daughter... she is about to turn 3 on the 20th. So we get double whammed and gotta do Birthday and Christmas back to back... kinda sucks! Then I got my Anniversary on New Years Eve… very busy month! Ugh… is it over yet?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Good Late morning everyone!!!

Congrats Snarly!!! Onederland YAY!!!!! Im so proud of you!!! I can't wait til I feel that excitement. Lawmom....Glad to see your TOM has left and brought you back down. You still have done so well thus far hun!

Jilly Willy..This is an awesome group..Im glad you joined us too!

Jami......Sounds like you had a hectic day yesterday!!!

Akmama.......Hows it going girlie???

midlight,startinova,babsaroo, C , ...........How you wonderful ladies doing??

Thanks! I'm happy to be here!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone. Thank you all for your encouragement. Yes, Jami today is my official weigh in and I was down to 185.2. TOM left and whoosh fairy arrived!

I got out the scrawny tree and then decided to get a real one -- so the tree is up and decorated.

I am not a cold weather person but it does help put me in a Christmas spirit.

Well gotta run and cook breakfast. Slept in this morning!!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly_willy View Post
Wow... good for you on the Christmas shopping! I wish I already had it all out of the way but I'm a huge procrastinator!

Toys R Us trip went okay yesterday. They were so crowded and I hate that! I'm gonna have to go back but I'm gonna go on a weekday! I have 1 daughter... she is about to turn 3 on the 20th. So we get double whammed and gotta do Birthday and Christmas back to back... kinda sucks! Then I got my Anniversary on New Years Eve… very busy month! Ugh… is it over yet?
I used to procrastinate too! Every year I tell myself that I am going to start shopping early, but its hard to tell what everyone wants or needs so early in advance. Aww. a little 3 year old. They are so cute. You did get double wammied! or Tripple wammied! LOL My Mother in law is the same way. Her BDay is dec 27.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone. Thank you all for your encouragement. Yes, Jami today is my official weigh in and I was down to 185.2. TOM left and whoosh fairy arrived!

I got out the scrawny tree and then decided to get a real one -- so the tree is up and decorated.

Good job! wow, how do you do it! You have a great whoosh fairy! Do you keep an eye on your calories too? I have never heard you mention it before. I hate counting both, but I think it is nessesary for me for succeed.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

To Midlight~ AKmama~ Squadleader

Hello to all you and thanks for the welcome!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HELLOOOO???? ANYBODY HOME???? haha. Just kidding. IM SO BORED! I have been posting randomly everywhere today. Not much going on here. I'll get off work in 3 hours!! Then Im off until Friday! I have so much to do this week. I am thinking about doing my Christmas baking and freezing. I usually make fudge, peppermint almond bark, different types of cookies to give to my family as gifts. It'll be tough this year
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Good Morning everyone! I just wanted to check in again to see how everyone was doing today! I am at work waiting for a patient to arrive.
Lawmom, I hope the scale has moved in the inteded direction for you this morning. Isnt today yourweigh in day? Any plans today? I hope everything goes ok with your DH and DD.

I am so mad at myself today. I havent really been very consistant with my food choices, All LC foods, but too much of them. Last night I had Strawberries for the first time. Its smart to eat a type of fat with them, so what did I have with them... Peanut butter, Very good, but I also decided early yesterday to get rid of PB for a while. I swear I have no will power. Then I had a minute muffin.... sigh. Oh well. I keep saying to myself that today is a new day. I am also going to keep drinking my shakes, but Im nixing the protein powder for a while too. I know its not induction legal, but like you said MissG, would it effect losses?? Plus I can cut back 105 calories if I cut the scoop out.
Today my menu looks like this
B, scrammbled eggs, 2 pc bacon
water, hot tea
L. Shake
D. chopped salad with hamburger
NO SNACKS AFTER DINNER!!!!!!!
Just tea and water! Promise. I'll check in tomorrow and I will tell you all that I had nothing after dinner to snack on!
I dont think the protein powder made any difference being used. I still have lost. However, I do use the whole scoop just a very small amount in the bottom. This scoop I have in the container is pretty big. I dont know how yours looks. You still have done so well thus far so dont be so hard on yourself hun...a minute muffin every once in awhile is not bad.

Quote:

Yay Tara!!!!! Im glad the whoosh fairy stopped by to visit and your in better spirits. I love real trees. I hope your day has gone well for you so far!

Old 12-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Girls........Im down anothr lb.....this is awesome.......I've had a few minor slip ups since starting the challenge but overall I have got past my usual weight (209-212), Got past my lowest stall weight in years (206) and am now at 203! I was really busy yesterday....I hope that not eating much is then resulting in temporary weight loss. But I will see.

I only had a large Eggcream shake yesterday, 1 buffalo chix thigh and for dinner 2 eggs. Water all day and greentea....coffee too.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I used to procrastinate too! Every year I tell myself that I am going to start shopping early, but its hard to tell what everyone wants or needs so early in advance. Aww. a little 3 year old. They are so cute. You did get double wammied! or Tripple wammied! LOL My Mother in law is the same way. Her BDay is dec 27.

Good job! wow, how do you do it! You have a great whoosh fairy! Do you keep an eye on your calories too? I have never heard you mention it before. I hate counting both, but I think it is nessesary for me for succeed.
Jami, I don't count calories yet ... but remember I have a lot more weight to lose. I think when I am close to goal I may have to pay attention to calories as well.

Quote:
Girls........Im down anothr lb.....this is awesome.......I've had a few minor slip ups since starting the challenge but overall I have got past my usual weight (209-212), Got past my lowest stall weight in years (206) and am now at 203! I was really busy yesterday....I hope that not eating much is then resulting in temporary weight loss. But I will see.

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you! You will be in onederland before you know it.

I only had a large Eggcream shake yesterday, 1 buffalo chix thigh and for dinner 2 eggs. Water all day and greentea....coffee too.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly_willy View Post
Thanks! I'm happy to be here!
Hey there! A fellow Texan. My daughter broke my computer at home so I have been quickly scanning these posts. Hope you enjoy this thread. I know I could not have done this without all the support from my LC friends!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Missgreen. GOOD JOB!!! wow 203! I have never seen you type those numbers before! Good job!! I agree with Tara, you'll be in onederland real soon!! Those minute muffins are so good. I actually crave them. Its like desert. I have one after dinner sometimes with cream cheese.
Tara, Sorry to hear about your computer. Do you need to get a new one or is it fixable?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
Midlight~ Isn't Burn Intervals crazy?!?! I thought I was going to puke the first two times I did it. Never have I gotten to that point before! I used the bands strictly for Burn, and now in Push I mix between weights & the bands. I have weaker shoulders from overuse (am a masseuse going on 6 yrs) so that's mainly the reason for the bands. Sorry about your injury too!
Anything in ChaLEAN Extreme is crazy! LOL. The only time I've gotten to the point I wanted to puke is with a trainer and with Chalene....lol. My mother is a massage therapist! I wish I still got massages every week. I love them. My mother practiced on me while she was in school.

Quote:
It is tough. My scrubs are tight around the middle today, and I feel like I gained 10 pounds overnight! Yesterday I was so hungry! I put all my foods into myplate and I had 26 net carbs and 2000 calories.. YIKES. Im watching it carefully today. Glad you are almost done shopping. I dont like crowds either. I buy lots of things online through Amazon and Ebay so that helps a little. Holiday gain is a bummer. Its too bad that food has to be such a staple for entertaining and family gatherings.

I didnt take any pics yet. I will, Our tree is not very impressive this year. LOL It looked so pretty the last couple years, but I let my DH pic the decor out. LOL I felt bad because he always wanted to decorate it, but his ideals and mine are so different. I'll take one a picture and show it to you all anyways, It funny.

I have gone to a Chiropractor a couple times. Never been to masseuse though, good idea. Dont your hands hurt when you have to give long massages? Mine do when I give rub downs to my DH. The Chiropractor helps with the muscle pain, but I still have some impingement somewhere. Its not as bad as it used to be once I laid off running. But I am dying to start again.
I really like the Cardio party 2 too, its my favorite. I have cardio party 3, I think the choreography is too hard, and its seems unorganized?? I dunno. I want to try the other ones you mentioned also. I was especially wanting to try Burn. LOL Thats so funny you felt like barfing! I know what you mean!
Jami....so I have haven't heard the story....how did you injure your back? My shoulder injury is a repetitive injury from lifting my heavy little boy. He's 43 lbs right now and 43 inches tall at 4 years old! I try my best not to lift him anymore but when he hurts himself and cries hysterically, I just can't help myself.

Quote:
I am so mad at myself today. I havent really been very consistant with my food choices, All LC foods, but too much of them. Last night I had Strawberries for the first time. Its smart to eat a type of fat with them, so what did I have with them... Peanut butter, Very good, but I also decided early yesterday to get rid of PB for a while. I swear I have no will power. Then I had a minute muffin.... sigh. Oh well. I keep saying to myself that today is a new day. I am also going to keep drinking my shakes, but Im nixing the protein powder for a while too. I know its not induction legal, but like you said MissG, would it effect losses?? Plus I can cut back 105 calories if I cut the scoop out.
Today my menu looks like this
B, scrammbled eggs, 2 pc bacon
water, hot tea
L. Shake
D. chopped salad with hamburger
NO SNACKS AFTER DINNER!!!!!!!
Just tea and water! Promise. I'll check in tomorrow and I will tell you all that I had nothing after dinner to snack on!
Don't be so hard on yourself! You know you can do it! Pre-TOM is hard and I mostly end up straying from plan. At least you're staying OP!

Quote:

YAY for the whoosh fairy!!!!

Quote:
HELLOOOO???? ANYBODY HOME???? haha. Just kidding. IM SO BORED! I have been posting randomly everywhere today. Not much going on here. I'll get off work in 3 hours!! Then Im off until Friday! I have so much to do this week. I am thinking about doing my Christmas baking and freezing. I usually make fudge, peppermint almond bark, different types of cookies to give to my family as gifts. It'll be tough this year
Jami, I made a YUMMY SF LC Fudge for Thanksgiving for my diabetic grandmother and I. You could make that! If you want the recipe, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Quote:

YAY for 203!!!!! That's awesome! I knew you'd get past that stall eventually!

Quote:
Missgreen. GOOD JOB!!! wow 203! I have never seen you type those numbers before! Good job!! I agree with Tara, you'll be in onederland real soon!! Those minute muffins are so good. I actually crave them. Its like desert. I have one after dinner sometimes with cream cheese.
Tara, Sorry to hear about your computer. Do you need to get a new one or is it fixable?
Okay.....these minute muffins. Are they really that good? I'm loving the 1 minute choco cake right now....and it doesn't hinder weight loss. It's what I ate darn near every day for pre-TOM this time around. Kept me on track better.

Remember those munchies I talked about yesterday? Well they won. Grrrrr. I ended up eating soooo bad for dinner last night b/c I wasn't prepared with lunch and dinner. My day was thrown off a bit though. Had to be in work earlier than normal. Either way....no weight gain and that's only b/c I'd been retaining lots of water that decided to go yesterday. So....I'll be drinking some green tea today. I'm back on track today though. Just need to stay there. Me <----- Being accountable....

Mini Goals:
290 working on
Old 12-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Midlight,
I hurt my back by slipping a little on the wet bathtub, I didnt even fall, I just slipped and twisted wrong.. Such a little thing. Later that morning I had some major low back muscle pain and spasms. I forgot about the slip because it was so minor. Low carb fudge?? I dont know if I want to know about this one! LOL But, I'll take the recipe anyways. HEHE. I really like them. Some people dont. That choco cake is good! I try not to get in the habit of eating it all the time though which is usually what happens to me. Sorry the muchies won the battle. You'll do better tomorrow. Yes being accountable. Thats what im going to do to. Im going to tell you all that I didnt have anything to eat after dinner. I might have a cup of tea or coffee, but no food from here on out until breakfast.
For dinner tonight
Salad with dressing, cheese, celery stick, 1 grape tomato
left over turkey 6oz
I think today I had 1500 calories and 13 net carbs, 17 actual carbs.
I hope you all have a great night! See ya tomorrow Friends! I hope you all get visited by your Whoosh Fairies, including me
Old 12-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Midlight,
I hurt my back by slipping a little on the wet bathtub, I didnt even fall, I just slipped and twisted wrong.. Such a little thing. Later that morning I had some major low back muscle pain and spasms. I forgot about the slip because it was so minor. Low carb fudge?? I dont know if I want to know about this one! LOL But, I'll take the recipe anyways. HEHE. I really like them. Some people dont. That choco cake is good! I try not to get in the habit of eating it all the time though which is usually what happens to me. Sorry the muchies won the battle. You'll do better tomorrow. Yes being accountable. Thats what im going to do to. Im going to tell you all that I didnt have anything to eat after dinner. I might have a cup of tea or coffee, but no food from here on out until breakfast.
For dinner tonight
Salad with dressing, cheese, celery stick, 1 grape tomato
left over turkey 6oz
I think today I had 1500 calories and 13 net carbs, 17 actual carbs.
I hope you all have a great night! See ya tomorrow Friends! I hope you all get visited by your Whoosh Fairies, including me

Owwww....twisting your back wrong....sorry about that. How long has it been? I know when I've had back trouble (i tend to pull the sacriliac joint), after healing for about a week to two weeks, massage helps afterwards. I know its been longer for you. I need to go visit a chiropractor soon too. Make sure the bones in my neck are still aligned properly. I have some slight nerve damage around the neck/upper back/left shoulder area.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Jami: Unfortunately, I think the laptop is done for .... Busted the screen. My DH is letting me use his little netbook tonight but he will take it back to Beaumont in the morning. Looks like we will have to get a new home computer

Midlight: I want the fudge recipe! I love fudge and normally make it for Christmas but have been avoiding it this year.

Another out of town trip tomorrow and Tuesday ... hoping to stay on plan but it is harder when on the road. Dreading the drive but at least it will give me a chance to really try out my new car ...

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jami: Unfortunately, I think the laptop is done for .... Busted the screen. My DH is letting me use his little netbook tonight but he will take it back to Beaumont in the morning. Looks like we will have to get a new home computer

Midlight: I want the fudge recipe! I love fudge and normally make it for Christmas but have been avoiding it this year.

Another out of town trip tomorrow and Tuesday ... hoping to stay on plan but it is harder when on the road. Dreading the drive but at least it will give me a chance to really try out my new car ...

Okay, I'll post the fudge recipe I used.

Sorry about the laptop.

You can stay on track! I know you can!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Okay, here is the recipe. It's not mine, I'm not claiming credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywoman-n-wy View Post
[COLOR=red]The recipe I had said not to use Velveeta, but to use American cheese. It is VERY rich![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Here is the recipe that I have used to make it. I used a combo using Xylitol, but you could change the sweeteners. Be sure to use unsalted butter!!![/COLOR]

Chocolate Fudge
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
4 ounces American cheese, cut in cubes (do not use "cheese spread" such as Velveeta") 6 slices
1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutions - must be unsalted) (one stick)
1 square unsweetened baking chocolate (1/2 ounce) broken up
1/2 cup Xylitol
3/4 teaspoon Zero Carb Syrup (½ cup Splenda equivalent) (1/8 tsp Sweetzfree)
1 packet Sweet One (can substitute a few drops of Stevia)
1 tablespoon cocoa, unsweetened baking, sifted ( I prefer Hershey's Dark)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

1. Spray: 8 square baking pan and set aside. (Have found that lining the pan with plastic wrap & spraying the plastic lightly works really well.)
2. In medium-heavy saucepan, butter, chocolate & sweeteners, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted. Bring to boil. After about 3 min, add cream slowly. Continue cooking at a low boil and cook for 10 min total. Add cheese, and cook a few more minutes, then stir in cocoa stirring constantly. It probably needs to cook for at least 10 more minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add extract. Pour into a plastic bowl (I stir or whisk in the pan - don't use the bowl) and let cool until barely warm, whisking occasionally. It is cool enough when butter no longer separates. When butter stays incorporated, pour into prepared pan (I use a well greased - (Pam) - loaf pan), smooth top and refrigerate several hours or until cold and firm.
Cut into 32 equal pieces. Store covered in the refrigerator. Makes 32 servings.
Note:
I tweaked this recipe to use Xylitol, liquid Splenda, and Sweet One. I also halved the recipe. Unless I'm making it for more people, this is all I want made up a one time.
I found I have to boil it longer using these sweeteners. And so far, it is still setting up pretty soft. I think I'll start lining the pan with plastic wrap, and spray the wrap with Pam.
I'm sure you could substitute a few drops of Stevia for the Sweet One, but I haven't tried this.
Here's the link to the post:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...eta-fudge.html

Scroll down to the Chocolate Fudge recipe posted by crazywoman-n-wy

Last edited by midlight21; 12-06-2009 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Found the original post for the fudge recipe
Old 12-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
I have been so busy!!!!! My kids had a two day/all day swim meet. Finally done

Jami, I do most of my shopping online. Amazon and Ebay are my favorites I got my son some huge lego sets on Ebay for amazing prices. Yay, me!! You and me both on the no snacking after 7pm, Girl!!

Lawmom, I'm so happy that the whoosie fairy visited, and sorry about your computer...

Olivia, if you keep this up, you'll waste away to nothing Seriously, great job!!

Jilly, you wouldn't catch me DEAD at Toys R Us this time of year. You are an amazing mom

What I know to be true...I'M WORTH IT!!!

Sucess is MINE!!
Old 12-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Midlight for the post! I love fudge!

Jami, could you post the 3 minute chocolate cake recipe, please???????
Old 12-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Oooohhh, ooooohhhhh, I can help!

Here is the original 3 minute chocolate cake recipe and link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...late-cake.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCS View Post
Hello All! I was sent this recipe the other night and just had the time tonight to make it myself. Believe me, I had my doubts but this turned out great! Since it was so good, I wanted to share with all of you. Apparently this recipe is in the recipe room here on the board but I have never seen it.

Ingredients -
1/4C Almond flour 2 carbs
1 T Cocoa Power 1
1/4 t Baking Power 0
5 packets of Splenda 5

2 T Melted Butter 0
1 T Water 0
1 Egg 0.6

In a 2 Cup Pyrex measuring cup...yeah, I made it in a the glass measuring cup, blend all dry ingredients. Add water, melted butter and egg...mix throughly. Cover with plastic wrap (To vent, cut small slit in center of plastic wrap.) Microwave on high for 1 minute (I microwaved for 1 minute 10 seconds...you need to adjust as you think is right) Cool a bit, eat warm with whipped cream or cool completely to ice cake. This could serve at least 2 people, maybe three. When this comes out of the microwave, it looks a bit wet but drys as it cools. Cake without icing is 8.6 carbs. I used Erythritol (1.8 carbs total) instead of the Splenda to bring down the carb count and it turned out fine. The person who sent it to me frosted it with a combination of Twist and Cream Cheese mixed together.
Here is the Flourless 3 minute Chocolate Cake recipe and link. (This is the one I use):

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...late-cake.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I was playing around with the 3 minute cake and decided to leave out the almond flour/flax, etc..It turned out pretty good:

1 egg, beaten well
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. heavy cream or half/half or CC milk
2 Tbs. cocoa
10 tsp. of sweetener of your choice (this time I added 5 packets of Splenda)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. softened butter

In a small bowl, beat egg with fork and add in the rest of the ingredients until
a smooth batter is formed.

Pour into a cup which will hold 8 ounces. You could use a coffee mug..I Pammed it..Microwave for one minute..

The carb count would depend on the sweetener. You could use Davinici syrup..I don't think it would affect the texture of the cake..But, without the sweetener, you would have .7 carb for the egg and 2 NET carbs for the cocoa powder..About 3 net carbs in all..then add the sweetener carbs.

For the Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe....I sub packet splenda with an equivalent amount of liquid splenda/Torani's/Da Vinci's syrup depending on what I have in the house. Hazelnut syrup mixed with the choco cake is YUMMY! The other night I also experimented with a double recipe and in addition to the cocoa powder, I added a square of melted unsweetened baking chocolate. It was good but....a tad too dark chocolatey for me. I usually add just a bit more cream to tone down the cocoa powder a bit. Sometimes I top it with some chopped nuts just before microwaving too.....yum. I like experimenting with it.

Oh man....I need to make a trip to Big Lots to see if they have any more of the big Torani syrups left! I need more!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Midlight!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

oh you ladies have been busy, havent you?? Velveeta fudge? I didnt click the recipe...hope it tastes nothing like velvetta cheese..lol! Is anyone having any xmas parties this year? if so is there usually something you go all out on but have to find substitute recipes for?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone!! You guys have been great motivational support...with out your guys support I would of more then likely feel off the wagon already. Thankx for all your beautiful words of encouragement!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yes....real quick. I would like to send you guys a Xmas card. If you can please PM me your address if you like.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Jilly~ You are brave for going in there! When I was in Portland for black friday there was a fist fight between some women & the cops were called. I heard about it from a gal in line at old navy across the street. Made the evening news though!

Lawmom~ Sorry about the computer...but happy the whoosh fairy visited you!

Green eyed~ YAY for breaking through your plateau weight! Pretty soon you'll be kissing the 200s good-bye!

Jami~ How'd the workout go?

Squadleader~ I'm an avid online shopper too! Mostly because there aren't any places here to shop besides Fred Meyer. Can't drive anywhere either cuz no roads out, and would be a long drive anyways!

Today went well. Was my workout day off but I still went to the gym and just walked at a slow pace (3.2) for 45 min while I watched my show. Figured I'd do something productive while watching it!
Menu:
B: 3 eggs scrambled with colby cheese on top
S: String cheese
L: Chicken teriyaki breast on salad w/ blue cheese
S: 2 deviled eggs (& tried some LC flax crackers w/ garlic tomato cream cheese my mama made on way to gym when dropping off DS; yum!)
D: 1.5 bacon cheddar angus burgers w/ cheese melted on top
S: Spoon of almond butter
Old 12-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. Weight held at 185.2 last night ... I went back through my ****** stuf and while I guess I have had an ok loss overall -- I am generally losing about 1 pound per week ... That means in the last 3 weeks I have only lost 3 pounds. Once the holidays are over I am going to try the gym (or at least walking) again. Don't know if my back can handle it though. I am also going to go back to planning menus weekly and being more strict on my eating.

Midlight: Thanks for the recipe!

Olivia: I will get you my address ....

Squadleader -- I know you have told me before but how old are your children? You sound like me -- most days are spent shuttling the kids around to their various activities -- we got one out of HS but the other is in junior high and just starting all of his extracurricular activities (other than baseball which he has played since he was 5).

AKMama - Your menus always sound great. I have to say I have always been a little leery of online shopping. Do you find that the on-line sizes are true to form?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 AM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!! Yesterday morning I weighed myself and it showed 136... now the stupid scale is showing 138! I should know better than to weigh myself daily but I can't help it! Anyway, I'm sure it has something to do with TOM arriving any moment but it still is not the number I wanted to see this morning!

Menu today

B~2 fried eggs, 3 bacon
L~salmon, salad
D~?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlight21 View Post
Owwww....twisting your back wrong....sorry about that. How long has it been? I know when I've had back trouble (i tend to pull the sacriliac joint), after healing for about a week to two weeks, massage helps afterwards. I know its been longer for you. I need to go visit a chiropractor soon too. Make sure the bones in my neck are still aligned properly. I have some slight nerve damage around the neck/upper back/left shoulder area.
Thanks. I did it back in Mayish?? I would love a Deep tissue Massage! I have been to the Chiropractor a couple times as well. My neck has issues too. A lot of times, during my sleep I hurt it.. then I cant look to the left, right or up for a week or so. I hate that! LOL Luckily it only happens a couple times a year. I dosent help to have back problems with my professiion. We lift a lot of heavy dead weight. I know 250 pounds dosent seem heavy, some of them way 350, but when there are only 2 women trying to move these people who cant help us move them, or move themselves, my back really starts to hurt. And we probably do this 10 times a day. Lawmom, poor girl. Her back is really bad. It makes me feel dumb complaining about mine. She had to have surgery and treatments all the time just to help her get through the day.
Quote:

UGH! Sorry about that! Does Your DH live in Beaumont? Is his work there or something? How far away is it? That seems hard. I wouldnt like to be away from my DH that long
The fudge I make every year is deffinetly not LC. I make it for my family and give out treat baskets for everyone. I'll have to try that fudge. There is one I was wanting to make but its made out of cream cheese. I hope you have a safe trip out of town. Good luck with your Low Carbing. What kind of car did you get? Sorry if you already posted that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
I have been so busy!!!!! My kids had a two day/all day swim meet. Finally done
Good For you! LOL I cant wait until my son is done with wrestling! He loves it, buy geeze. Im sick of all the driving, and tournement costs.
Jami, I do most of my shopping online. Amazon and Ebay are my favorites I got my son some huge lego sets on Ebay for amazing prices. Yay, me!! You and me both on the no snacking after 7pm, Girl!!
It sure makes life easy dosent it. And, the deals are so much better online. I buy my skin care stuff off ebay (Arbonne) I used to use Mary Kay, and then my friend introduced me to Arbonne. A little bit more money, but it is soooo much better! I buy my son all his Playstation and WII games off Amazon, so much cheaper. If I every buy retail, I usually go to game stop, or some place where I can buy used ones. He dosent care as long as they work.
Olivia, if you keep this up, you'll waste away to nothing Seriously, great job!!
I know! Im so happy for her!
Jilly, you wouldn't catch me DEAD at Toys R Us this time of year. You are an amazing mom
True that! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
Thanks Midlight for the post! I love fudge!

Jami, could you post the 3 minute chocolate cake recipe, please???????
thanks to midlight for posting that cake recipe! I only had my Palm Pre,like an Iphone, last night and its hard to type a lot on it.
I usually use that Flourless one, the same recipe. Very yummy! You could let it cool a little and make a cream cheese frosting for it.
1 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
few drops of liquid splenda and mix very well
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
oh you ladies have been busy, havent you?? Velveeta fudge? I didnt click the recipe...hope it tastes nothing like velvetta cheese..lol! Is anyone having any xmas parties this year? if so is there usually something you go all out on but have to find substitute recipes for?
Yes! the whole idea of Velveta in the fudge sounds bizaar. HEHE. But I heard its really good. I think I 'll be better off not making it, I have no control when it comes to treats.
Quote:
Thank you everyone!! You guys have been great motivational support...with out your guys support I would of more then likely feel off the wagon already. Thankx for all your beautiful words of encouragement!
AWWW.. Some here! You and the rest of you girls has been awesome! This thread is a Diamond in the rough.
Quote:
Oh yes....real quick. I would like to send you guys a Xmas card. If you can please PM me your address if you like.
You are so sweet!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
An Idea

See page 7. My post got lost and I am trying again. Good morning by the way.

Last edited by startinova; 12-07-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Closed Thread