Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bflogurl
Good morning! I just wanted to quickly let MissG or anyone else who might be interested in the insane-o yummy quiche the ratios:

When cut into 8 servings:
Calories: 335
Carbs: 2.5
Fat: 28

BUT, this was figured on using i cup eggbeaters (instead of 4 eggs), and also the full 1 cup of heavy cream, but I probably used 1/2 cup, which would put cals at 285, Carbs remain the same, and fat would drop to 22 gms. So worth it

Alan, I have never fancied myself much of a cook, until now... it is actually quite easy once you get past the intimidation part of it LOL!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone. Scale was still up this morning. This is really getting old.

Alan, while I do the tanning salon for a month or two a year -- realistically the older I get the less sun I can stand! I don't like the cold and I don't like the 100 degree summers we sometimes get here in Texas either. I think that I would be okay with late spring year round.

Well better go get breakfast started. Talk to everyone later.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Morning Ammie,Bflo and Lawmom, so nice to have a presence inthese deserted hallways after roaming around here all day on me lonesome!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 AM   #1504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: AngieCakes
Stats: 198/143/135-140
WOE: Atkins/Pre-Maintenance
Start Date: 1/8/2010
Good morning everyone!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #1505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Alan, I love the BFL plan. Are you going to do it? I was almost thinking of starting a thread in regards to the BFL plan.. Before I was doing way to much cardio, but with the bfl plan I only have to do 20 minutes, i cheated yesterday and did 25. LOL I was getting a rush from the HIIT. His HIIT is a little more challenging from the HIIT that I did before, with his I just run the whole time wish spirts of sprinting. I love it! I wish I could do the nutritional plan though. He really emphasizes the importance of low fat and eating certain foods together. I have been having a hard time conjuring up an eating plan.

Angie! thanks! I could always use a cheerleader. LOL Im so excited about this. I hope that it breaks my stall. I have read about some people where they only lost 2 pounds during the 12 weeks, but one girl went from my size, 8 jeans) to a size 4... I'll take it. I have never been a size 4, or 6, except in 6th grade, I wore a size 5 in Guess jeans. LOL

Bflo. SO sorry to hear about the Microwave. Funny how we take those kind of things for granted. You are going to have to tell me about that quiche. Hey. Another BFL question. So. I'll do it LC, around 30 or so total carbs, but , He really emphisizes Low fat only 10% a day, that would only be about 17grams of fat. Yesterday I had 93 grams. Do you think that would hinder my benefit??

Lawmom~ Hiya pumpkin pie! Good to see you! We missed you around these parts!

Hi Olivia, Ammie, Cat, Im sorry I know I missed someone.
Off to the gym, ITS UPPER BODY DAY!! LOL
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #1506
Senior LCF Member

Jami. - I'm hoping to start BFL from the 1 March. I'm getting worried because I can really feel that I am getting very flabby as I'm losing weight. I will still stay on LC though as I have to be very strict, I've never been much good in doing anything in moderation.
If I start having carbs its a matter of time before I'm back to Bunny Chows,sausage rolls, hot chips and all things savoury! Me in a feeding frenzy is not a pretty sight!!!!

I've been looking at a few gyms and am trying to make up my mind which to join so far Virgin Active seems to be the best bet.

Last edited by alanP; 02-09-2010 at 06:50 AM..
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Hi Angie !!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #1508
Major LCF Poster!

Jami, BFL HIIT is the bomb, isn't it?? It is ALWAYS my go-to cardio because I actually enjoy doing it!!

He recommends 40/40/20 (protein/carbs/fat for anyone else wondering), but I wonder if you used those same ratios as protein/fat/carbs?? I wouldn't try to keep fat grams too low, then it becomes a little "*******-esque", KWIM??

I know there are some BFL threads starting in the exercise and muscle matters forums... don't recall anyone doing it recently though??

I just finished up my HIIT and did some ab work. I am DYING for that Callenetics DVD to come in, should be today or tomorrow. I am hoping to that 3X days alternated with cardio 3X and 1 rest day (or weight day??). The DVD I bought says it takes 10 years off your body after 10 hours of doing it, so I am hoping to look 6 in 2 months time LMAO!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanP View Post
Hi Cat, sorry, I forgot to answer your question on excercise. I'm taking my dogs walking in the evenings and usually its about 5 km by the time they've all had a turn, if interested you can see my dogs at Tuffa Boerboels. I used to do longs walks such as the 50km ultra walk but that hasn't happened for a looong time. I swim quite a bit when I have time and am trying to work my way up to 1km per session. I love swimming but don't always have the time for it. My pool at home is not really big enough for swimming laps.
With all the water I also get a lot of excercise running to the toilet!
LOL you are too funny, Alan! I like walking too, but because of where I am, it's not a good thing working out outside. So I do my walking on a treadmill inside, but I up the incline pretty high. I burn just as many calories as when I run/jog, and it's good for days when I just feel "blah" and don't want to do anything... I have an ipod touch and I will watch a movie while I walk. Makes me almost forget that I'm working out

Hello everyone!!

So I used another ketostix thing this morning, and I'm slooooooowly climbing back into ketosis. I went up two pounds and seem to be holding steady. Not cool. So I'm just going to have to be stricter about what I'm eating and make sure I work out everyday and get all my water. I tried doing some of Jami's interval things today. I got on the treadmill and walked a minute, then jogged 3 minutes, and then sprinted for one minute. I did that for 20 minutes, and then I did the walk on the incline for another 10 minutes. I also bought the February 2010 Fitness Rx magazine, and I tried out the Jackie Warner's body shaping workout. WOW it was ROUGH. She has all these multi-joint exercises and has you do supersets- 3 sets of 20 for each exercise. I just did ONE set with light weights, and I thought I was gonna die!! I am soooo out of shape, strength-training wise. That's one of my goals before I leave here is to have more upper-body strength, since push-ups are a part of our PT test

So how is everyone? I didn't have a chance to log on today, so I'm going through and reading everyone's posts.

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Old 02-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #1510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alan. I know exactly what you mean about feeding frenzy. I have the same issues. ITs ALL or NOTHING!

Bflo. That sounds like a great plan. I'll try that. Today was upper body. I am so shakey! I thought I was actually in better shape than this! LOL I did do a 5 minute or so warm up on the treadmill. So, 10 years off! That is amazing. I want that! Hmm. If I were 22 again... I would be out of shape and 30 pounds heavier. LOL

I am down 1.2 pounds this morning. But it is only the WATER weight from my cheat the other day. But, it was still nice to see it. I had keto breath last night, but my sticks weren't registering it yet. I 'll have to recheck tonight. I figured that I was getting back in ketosis because I had to pee 5 ,000 times in the middle of the night.

I just got yelled at by my mom. SHe is still in N.D. She's mad at me because I didn't make an effort to stay and visit with all the family, and I broke her heart, and she's mad at DH because "He could have gotten Friday off, and didn't" He had to take wednesday and thursday off, and had to make up a clinical day on Friday...I swear, I can never do anything right. I am moving to a land far, far away where there is no family around to make me feel bad about myself.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #1511
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post

I just got yelled at by my mom. SHe is still in N.D. She's mad at me because I didn't make an effort to stay and visit with all the family, and I broke her heart, and she's mad at DH because "He could have gotten Friday off, and didn't" He had to take wednesday and thursday off, and had to make up a clinical day on Friday...I swear, I can never do anything right. I am moving to a land far, far away where there is no family around to make me feel bad about myself.
You won't get yelled at here

Ya know, DH and I moved back to NY after our twins were born to be close to family.... somedays I think that was the worst decision we could've made It is not that we don't love them, but it seems like (unfortunately) we inevitably end up taking on their emotional baggage, and that is just not OK. DH is a very, hhhmmmmmm.... "zen"-like guy (not sure how else to describe it), and I have learned an awful lot by listening to his "kooky" thoughts (others words, not mine). It is absolutely amazing now to go to a family function and hear nothing but negative crap. Pissing and moaning about this, ******ing about that, talking about getting old, dying, politics, taxes... not ONE positive thing comes out of peoples mouths. It has become rather toxic IMO, and we'd sooner live away in our "happy little universe" than continued to be poisoned with all guilt and crap spewed out daily!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

Jami, Bflo-- have either of you checked out the New Rules of Lifting for Women? I'm reading the reviews on Amazon, and it sounds awesome! I think it's something I'd like to do when I get home... I might have to get one of my guy friends to help me the first few times to get used to the weights, and to check my form, but it sounds great
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #1513
Major LCF Poster!

No, I haven't Cat... please let me know if you get it
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Jami, Bflo--- sorry to hear about the family problems! I hate being around so much negativity. We have a guy here like that-- he bothered me so much that I just stopped talking to him. We're alway here to talk to, though, so let it out whenever you feel like you need to!!

Jami, I found the syntrax nectar- I am looking at getting the Fuzzy Navel, to try first. I might also get the Caribbean Cooler, but probably not until I get home. Which one do you use, the Chocolate Truffle?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #1515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflogurl View Post
You won't get yelled at here

Ya know, DH and I moved back to NY after our twins were born to be close to family.... somedays I think that was the worst decision we could've made It is not that we don't love them, but it seems like (unfortunately) we inevitably end up taking on their emotional baggage, and that is just not OK. DH is a very, hhhmmmmmm.... "zen"-like guy (not sure how else to describe it), and I have learned an awful lot by listening to his "kooky" thoughts (others words, not mine). It is absolutely amazing now to go to a family function and hear nothing but negative crap. Pissing and moaning about this, ******ing about that, talking about getting old, dying, politics, taxes... not ONE positive thing comes out of peoples mouths. It has become rather toxic IMO, and we'd sooner live away in our "happy little universe" than continued to be poisoned with all guilt and crap spewed out daily!!!
My family has to be around each other everyday. Its so weird, and if I dont partake Im being a jerk, or a hermit, or a weirdo... My mom and her sister work together, and they like to make all the nieces.. mostly, feel bad about themselves in some way, of course the nephews cant do anything wrong.. Some times I go to these unnecessary family functions, usually has to do with food, when I just dont want to go, if I dont go im being a selfish A-hole, and not considering anyone elses feelings, but if I do go, then DH gets on my case about it... URGH! DH is someone who likes to be by himself, family functions are to never happen, unless if its a holiday, or someones dies. Im not that bad, but he expects me to be more like that, and my family expect me to be more like them, I cant meet in the middle either. Its has to be "someones way" or it wrong. Like I said, Me and my son.... we could go live in Hawaii. LOL I think he is the only one that never gets mad at me, critisizes me, and just loves me... what a good kid!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and that's all I've got to say about that! In the words of our beloved Forest Gump.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Jami!!

Ya know what? I am going to join you in a more BFL friendly program. I was just over there on their tracker and I am starting to have panic attacks LOL! I will pm you....
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #1518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gotcha Amy. I pm'd you back! I know! I am so on the fence about so many things right now. I'm sure I am driving eveyone crazy with my question and answer sessions.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

I am definitely having a glass of red wine very shortly
Old 02-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I so want one too! Im stressed out!

I pm'd you back, agian. LOL I was cut off earlier.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

No prob. Got it

It's 5 o'clock
Old 02-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #1522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAHA. It 5 o'clock here now!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #1523
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Hi you guys!

Cold day over here again. Rain clouds have moved in and heard thunder in the distance.

Lawmom~This gloom takes a toll on me and makes me feel sad and very unmotivated. I think I need Sun therapy too. My friend got me a 1 week free pass at her tanning salon. I noticed that the winter does this to me often. Only this last year did I read about the Winter blues effect. It never crossed my mind it could be due to cold and gloom. I think I will go and take advantadge of the pass later this week and get a monthly membership until the sun starts to kick in and do its job. lol.....On the other hand too hot of weather irritates me too. I guess the therapy and getting a bit of a glow will make me feel better in the meantime.

Well I had a few bites of cereal today. UGh. well 3 tsps of cereal. Dont think it will negativley impact me but still feel like I cheated none the less. Again when the weather is gloomy give me some food and a blanket and let me get warm and cozy. It seems to pacify me. Not rying to go there so when the urge to have a bowl of cereal hit I made me a cup of hot coffee and ate a round of bonnabel (sp) cheese.

I'm looking forward to going over to fredricks of hollywood later and picking me up 2 of their corset bras they have. After this weight loss and inches lost my boosies are not as full anymore and quite hangy..lol. The corset bra is suppose to lift you very high and give you support where you need it. Although they are about $32 a pop if you buy more then one they come down a couple dollars. I hope it does the trick. I went from a 44dd to a 38D since Aug.

Well not sure whats on teh dinner menu for the night but quick and easy is best, so I might just make taco salad.

Last edited by MissG; 02-09-2010 at 03:19 PM..
Old 02-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #1524
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
I went from a 44dd to a 38D since Aug.

Miss G!!

HOLY SMOKES!!! Now, if that isn't a sign your losing, what is??!! That is a big drop Get those babies all pushed and sexay for the big V-day coming up LOL!! DH and aI are actually going out to dinner tomorrow for it... romantic, right? Sigh, I'll take it even if it is a Wednesday :blush:
Old 02-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #1525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lucky... My vday will be watching tv. So much fun.
I wish I had big boobs. And a firm big butt. Lol
Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #1526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Checking in!! Hey guys!

MissG!! Talk about some inches lost! That is fantastic, you and I wear the same size now lol

Funny you guys should mention V-day. I'll be attending an art exhibit for class on Valentines Day

Today was a pretty good day, work was slow, but I had cucumbers and ranch for lunch and they were unbelievably refreshing. Will have to do that again tomorrow.

Dinner was taco salad... AGAIN! What the heck is wrong with me LOL i'm addicted. No clue what to make for dinner tomorrow though. Better make a list now because the fridge is looking kinda bare... which would be an excuse to have a snack attack.

How is everybody?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #1527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hi you guys!

Cold day over here again. Rain clouds have moved in and heard thunder in the distance.

Lawmom~This gloom takes a toll on me and makes me feel sad and very unmotivated. I think I need Sun therapy too. My friend got me a 1 week free pass at her tanning salon. I noticed that the winter does this to me often. Only this last year did I read about the Winter blues effect. It never crossed my mind it could be due to cold and gloom. I think I will go and take advantadge of the pass later this week and get a monthly membership until the sun starts to kick in and do its job. lol.....On the other hand too hot of weather irritates me too. I guess the therapy and getting a bit of a glow will make me feel better in the meantime.

Well I had a few bites of cereal today. UGh. well 3 tsps of cereal. Dont think it will negativley impact me but still feel like I cheated none the less. Again when the weather is gloomy give me some food and a blanket and let me get warm and cozy. It seems to pacify me. Not rying to go there so when the urge to have a bowl of cereal hit I made me a cup of hot coffee and ate a round of bonnabel (sp) cheese.

I'm looking forward to going over to fredricks of hollywood later and picking me up 2 of their corset bras they have. After this weight loss and inches lost my boosies are not as full anymore and quite hangy..lol. The corset bra is suppose to lift you very high and give you support where you need it. Although they are about $32 a pop if you buy more then one they come down a couple dollars. I hope it does the trick. I went from a 44dd to a 38D since Aug.

Well not sure whats on teh dinner menu for the night but quick and easy is best, so I might just make taco salad.
OK everyone, I need help! I just ate not one but two giant bowls of frosted flakes with whole milk. This is the worst cheat I have done since starting back in Aug. What is worse is that I was full before I started the second bowl. I do not know what is wrong but I am really off kilter. I knew better, I
just didn't care .... of course, now I am feeling guilty.

Miss G I can relate to the need to go bra shopping I haven't lost that much in the bust but I have gone from a 38 DDD to a 36 DD ... I still had a few from before I gained weight so I haven't actually had to buy any yet. I am resisting buying a lot of things because I want to continue losing and don't want to buy too much now.... Of course, if I keep eating off plan and in extreme quantities I am going to be back in the size 16s ....

Jami, hi there I have missed you too. You seem to have been doing some experimenting lately. Hope you find what works for you.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #1528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
awww Lawmom I know how you feel. I really had to fight off the temptation bigtime to NOT eat a bowl of lucky charms. The idea of bumping back over the 200's stopped me. I have managd to stay in wonderland for the past last week.

I think once you get some tanning it will help you with your mood. I was reading agaoin earlier about the theraputic and mental benefits of sun therapy. It really made the decision definate for me to do it at least 1x a week for these colder months. Maybe looking back on all the that you have acheived thus far can help you get motivated again. You have it in you to push pass this cloud. Don't give up and don't let that cereal get the best of what you can still turn around. It was just 1 slip and not a day or 2 binge like Ive sabatoged myself with numerous times in the last 6 months. You'll find your mojo again, I have faith in you!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
OK everyone, I need help! I just ate not one but two giant bowls of frosted flakes with whole milk. This is the worst cheat I have done since starting back in Aug. What is worse is that I was full before I started the second bowl. I do not know what is wrong but I am really off kilter. I knew better, I
just didn't care .... of course, now I am feeling guilty.
Don't feel guilty!! Just hop right back up on the wagon in the morning. I know you can do this. I'm with you too. I have such horrible cravings now and I know it's 'lady time' that is doing it. Every single time 'lady time' comes around, I CRAVE sweets. The older I get, the more my hormones run wild during those ridiculous 4 days out of the month.

I think we've all been there, don't give up and don't beat yourself up.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #1530
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!!!
Hope you are all enjoying a good nights sleep. Cat, hope all is well in your part of the world.
Jami
It's nice to know that I am not the only person with feast or famine mentality and I mean that in a nice way because I don't wish it on anyone but its nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm really bad when it comes to eating, as long as I stay super strict food doesn't really bother me but let me just go a teeny bit off plan then I just can't stop.

It would be great if you started a thread on BFL. I'm intending to start the excercise regime from March while sticking to low carb and see how my body reacts. I dare not up my carbs in the forseeable future.

When you started LC how did you go about setting goals for yourself ?
Closed Thread