Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
So I'll probably be heading to Missouri on the 17th for 5 days. My oldest daughter (who has PCOS and has low carbed to lose 40 lbs) is like but Mom what about all the stuff you like when you're here ... (sushi, and pizza) I told her I'll eat pizza (no crust) and a salad ... and sashimi but no rice. I am not going off plan for this visit. NO WAY.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
Jamistar ... hope that things get better soon, know how you're feeling though. Go thru those ups and downs too much.

Today's starting out great .... scale hasn't moved but it's okay ... it will. Just the overall feeling of feeling better is worth it.

Breakfast:
4 turkey sausage
2 egg whites w/ mustard
1 fresca
33 oz water

Lunch:
1 serving Linda Sue's White Castle Pie
Salad with Caesar Dressing
33 oz water

Rest of day is undecided; have some chicken thighs / lets in the fridge, will try to get husband to throw them in with some seasoning ... he gets home at 5 I get home at 8 p.m.

It was 4 freakin' degrees when I got up this morning ... brrrrr ... I'm ready for spring.
Oh my gosh! 4 degrees! LOL yikes. The car barely starts, your nostrils stick together if you sniff hard, LOL yuck. Your menu always looks so good and it seems like you can manipulate any recipe to make it low carb. You are doing so well!! Your right the scale will move again soon.
thanks for the hugs.. I dont like saying anything bad about my loved ones, but so want to, but sometimes I just want to beat someones head in... and scream out the "F" word. I feel like he is mad at me for some stupid crap everyday! I just want to leave and go on a month long trip, by myself somewhere, anyone have an extra bedroom LOL. anyways, I heard that yelling the "F" word really does help release frustration. My friend read that in a parenting magazine!! Of all places, LOL Just not in front of the kids of course. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
So I'll probably be heading to Missouri on the 17th for 5 days. My oldest daughter (who has PCOS and has low carbed to lose 40 lbs) is like but Mom what about all the stuff you like when you're here ... (sushi, and pizza) I told her I'll eat pizza (no crust) and a salad ... and sashimi but no rice. I am not going off plan for this visit. NO WAY.
Good job!!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Oh my gosh! 4 degrees! LOL yikes. The car barely starts, your nostrils stick together if you sniff hard, LOL yuck. Your menu always looks so good and it seems like you can manipulate any recipe to make it low carb. You are doing so well!! Your right the scale will move again soon.
thanks for the hugs.. I dont like saying anything bad about my loved ones, but so want to, but sometimes I just want to beat someones head in... and scream out the "F" word. I feel like he is mad at me for some stupid crap everyday! I just want to leave and go on a month long trip, by myself somewhere, anyone have an extra bedroom LOL. anyways, I heard that yelling the "F" word really does help release frustration. My friend read that in a parenting magazine!! Of all places, LOL Just not in front of the kids of course. LOL

Good job!!
Feel free to email me if you want to talk ... trust me, I know how you feel sometimes. MEN!!!

I try with the menu; I remember last time I did this how bored I could become. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE meat ...
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me too! Meat is GUUUUD. LOL Yes, MEN!!! ugh.
well here's a story.
So, When I drop my son off at wrestling I never go in. I drop him off , and pick him up, the same way. My husband is weird about being in public places, and so I should be too right.. dumb. So I told my husband that I never go in to the practice area. I have maybe a couple times in 2 years. I went in one time because cole was 20 minutes late to come out, I went in and he was playing basketball. Well, last night cole said that I went in one time, in front of Bill, and now i'm a liar.. WHAT! Anways, this is just one example. its so rediculous, I have to be careful what I say all the time.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Me too! Meat is GUUUUD. LOL Yes, MEN!!! ugh.
well here's a story.
So, When I drop my son off at wrestling I never go in. I drop him off , and pick him up, the same way. My husband is weird about being in public places, and so I should be too right.. dumb. So I told my husband that I never go in to the practice area. I have maybe a couple times in 2 years. I went in one time because cole was 20 minutes late to come out, I went in and he was playing basketball. Well, last night cole said that I went in one time, in front of Bill, and now i'm a liar.. WHAT! Anways, this is just one example. its so rediculous, I have to be careful what I say all the time.
you shouldn't have to be careful what you say in a relationship; I'm sorry. He's a cop though right? Some of them can be soooo controlling. I'm here anytime you want to talk
Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yes! You nailed it right on the head! He is very, suspisious.... of everything. I was worried to tell him about LCF. He thinks that someone is pretending to be a woman, to visit with me and then stalk me out. LOL Which very well could happen. you hear of stuff like that on the news, but, I'm not living in fear. Im aware, but not fearful.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post
Ok, officially confused! I call myself posting yesterday --MissGreen was gonna beat me up if I didn't-- and now, we moved twice? Where are we officially gonna call home? Maybe we should name our group and then we will know our home.

Clicks heels three times...
There's no place like home...There's no place...well, you get the picture.

So, I started over again fresh, completely, for real, unadulterated, seriously this morning. Yep, just now. I am not even gonna weigh. Is it about the numbers or the dress size? For me, I can't take it if that scale is over 200 and I do believe I am there again. Geez.

Disclosure moment of truth: I feel so ashamed.
Don't be ashamed! We all fall off the Plan. That's why you come back here!!!to get back on, girl!!! Stick with it, and when it gets tough POST!!

Quote:
The "f" word is my favorite colorful metaphor! I stopped using when kids were real young and think I aged 20 years!!!

Now I slowly have been using "Holy Shrimp!!!" and "What the FUDGE!!!!"
AHHH!! I feel the stress leaving and my blood pressure goes down!! I can't wait for the real deal words!!!

I have been married 25 years next August. You don't stay married that long with bumps, ruts, CANYONS along the way. My dh can be such an a$$!! The worst was when he was close to 40. What a F**KING mess he was!!! We are still living with the repercussions of his actions... Men are more like kids than I care to mention

What I know to be true...I'M WORTH IT!!!

Sucess is MINE!!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
The "f" word is my favorite colorful metaphor! I stopped using when kids were real young and think I aged 20 years!!!

Now I slowly have been using "Holy Shrimp!!!" and "What the FUDGE!!!!"
AHHH!! I feel the stress leaving and my blood pressure goes down!! I can't wait for the real deal words!!!

I have been married 25 years next August. You don't stay married that long with bumps, ruts, CANYONS along the way. My dh can be such an a$$!! The worst was when he was close to 40. What a F**KING mess he was!!! We are still living with the repercussions of his actions... Men are more like kids than I care to mention
Colorful metaphor! Thats funny. Its magical almost. LOL, I like your little sayings, thats so funny! Have you ever seen the movie Johnny Dangerously?? With Michael Keaton? My most favorite, all most cuss word, is Fargin' Bastage, But when I get really mad the F bomb gets dropped. It sounds so trashy, but I only use it around certain people. We have our issues and disagreements. Sometimes more than others, cycles.., but over all we are great friends and we're in love. I put up with his crap and he with mine. All the things we fuss about are so minor, which is what worried me... Luckily we have not had any distructive behaviors or actions.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Hey there. I am sure my mood is TOM inspired and I am hoping it passes soon. Was actually up another .5 pounds today but feel bloated so I am hoping it is just fluid retention. I am going to try to drink a lot of water and green tea today before the weigh in tomorrow but it looks like I may have a gain this week. I am sorry you are feeling a little down as well.

Good morning to everyone else as well. We have both a fried turkey and oven baked turkey every year at Christmas but the fried turkey is my favorite!

CMorrison, I am hoping the house sells fast for you. I know the housing market has been tough but at least here it seems like it has picked up some. My little brother was laid off last January when his company outsourced his whole department to India. Unfortunately, he still has not found a job yet. I know it is tough making that transition to a lower paying job (I did it when I moved from the city back to the country) but I have never really regretted the decision. I know a lot of people nearing retirement who do the same thing and sell the big house once the kids are grown. Anyway, I am rambling so I will just say good luck!

Ugh! I am not wanting to get up and get moving this morning but I guess I must. Hope everyone has a great day!
I hope you feel better soon. Just a few days more of this TOM gloom. I never had fried turkey til this Thanksgiving. I just didnt see what all the hooplah was...it tasted regular too me. Nothing overly different. Unless it was just how theirs was cooked. Have a wonderful LC day lawmom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Well I weighed myself this morning still at 200 but yesterday decided to measure quickly and have lost an inch off my thighs and a inch off my hips so that was in two weeks so very happy about that, I'm figuring it has to be in other spots on my butt/legs etc as my 14's are a bit loose now compared to a couple of weeks ago all good stuff...I'm not fretting as overall I'm feeling pretty darn good and can see different spots rehaping themselves as I continue to work out

Have a great day everyone! The hike in the snow was wonderful yesterday today I'm thinking of hitting the Mountain trails to view the Lake!
OOOH look at you!!! 200....I'm almost catching up to you.....teeeheee! oh but its been a long time coming for me. Snarlycat...Inches lost is always nice. Well both is wondeful but inches gone means smaller clothes even if hte scale isnt moving. You keep up this good work...we are all proud of you!

Quote:
Good Morning everyone! I had my extra carbs yesterday. 1600 calories and 27 net carbs. Seems like a lot of carbs huh. LOL Its like either I get 14 net carbs, and then I try to increase a little , then Im up to 25-27... Oh well, its ok, it fluctuates everyday.
Good morn' Hun! 27 carbs isnt that bad. Considering that maintainence carbs can be as high as 50-100 carbs. Keep in mind that is eventually everybody! lol.......*I see everyone looking forward to hurrying up and getting to maintainence to add carbs..lol* J/k.

Quote:
Ok, officially confused! I call myself posting yesterday --MissGreen was gonna beat me up if I didn't-- and now, we moved twice? Where are we officially gonna call home? Maybe we should name our group and then we will know our home.

Clicks heels three times...
There's no place like home...There's no place...well, you get the picture.

So, I started over again fresh, completely, for real, unadulterated, seriously this morning. Yep, just now. I am not even gonna weigh. Is it about the numbers or the dress size? For me, I can't take it if that scale is over 200 and I do believe I am there again. Geez.

Disclosure moment of truth: I feel so ashamed.
No this is our home sweets! The other thread was created for us...but I had made this thread before I realized there was one already made. Dont feel ashamed that you had went Off Plan for a bit. Just start up where you left off its ok. Its better just to keep going with this that way it doesnt turn into a longer Off Plan adventure then planned. We are all here for ya!!! And who said I was gonna beat u up?? girl......I'm gonna get the old school, school Marm Ruler and Tap it at u......Focus Focus Focus!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
I hope you feel better soon. Just a few days more of this TOM gloom. I never had fried turkey til this Thanksgiving. I just didnt see what all the hooplah was...it tasted regular too me. Nothing overly different. Unless it was just how theirs was cooked. Have a wonderful LC day lawmom!

Good morn' Hun! 27 carbs isnt that bad. Considering that maintainence carbs can be as high as 50-100 carbs. Keep in mind that is eventually everybody! lol.......*I see everyone looking forward to hurrying up and getting to maintainence to add carbs..lol* J/k.

[/B]
Lawmom, I think you and I are having the TOM glooms today, I am one week away, but thats when it usually hits me. I am such a Debbie Downer! Good Grief! Sorry everyone for bringing a grey cloud over the area today. LOL
Hi Liv! your right, it isnt that bad, its just a number Im not used to seeing. I like to see small numbers, on everything, scales, jeans, dinner checks, just not paychecks or food numbers . LOL
Hows your day so far? I wasnt to hungry for breakfast. I just had coffee, for an early lunch I had an aged cheddar bacon angus burger, like what you have, they are good arent they. So many calories for such a small burger, salad with chopped cucumber and red bell peppers and dressing. I have a meeting at work today. oh joy. I think everyone is getting their boxing gloves out and airing their dirty laundry, cant wait!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

C~ Oooooooh It is burrrrrrr Cold out there! When Im in weather that is anywhere below 30 I get so cold that I start hyperventilating. I cannot breath and start shaking uncontrollably. It's scary to get symptoms of Hypothermia in chilly weather that is not even that low.

Squadleader~ Colorful language?? I so understand about that. I say fraken ridaculous or frakendaculous. Beesnatch (choice B word there)...a few other colorful fun words too. oh shut your pie hole, shut your cake trap. Silly things...

Jami~ Sorry your going through it at home....We just got over a 1wk petty argument that he would not let go. All the while I gave him the major silent treatment which he finally got tired of. Men are simple minded, 1 tracked, egotistical wienees!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lawmom, I think you and I are having the TOM glooms today, I am one week away, but thats when it usually hits me. I am such a Debbie Downer! Good Grief! Sorry everyone for bringing a grey cloud over the area today. LOL
Hi Liv! your right, it isnt that bad, its just a number Im not used to seeing. I like to see small numbers, on everything, scales, jeans, dinner checks, just not paychecks or food numbers . LOL
Hows your day so far? I wasnt to hungry for breakfast. I just had coffee, for an early lunch I had an aged cheddar bacon angus burger, like what you have, they are good arent they. So many calories for such a small burger, salad with chopped cucumber and red bell peppers and dressing. I have a meeting at work today. oh joy. I think everyone is getting their boxing gloves out and airing their dirty laundry, cant wait!!
Debbie downer?(not laughing at you, but the name) lol.....Is that female version for Negative Ned. I call my hun Negative Ed. He hates it.....He always has to see the negative in everything instead of focusing on whats good.

Quote:
I like to see small numbers, on everything, scales, jeans, dinner checks, just not paychecks or food numbers . LOL
Yah I like to see smaller numbers too......Just not the paychecks......is right!!! Can we get that as high (amount) caloried and super sized as possible??? lol.

My morning is going fine...thank you. I have had a my coffee and Had a angus cheddar bacon patty too for breakfast. It was fast to make. I have some errands to run in a bit....I think we are going to get our xmas tree this weekend.....I love natural trees.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Negative ned! Thats so funny, yes, it is a female version! hehehe I saw it on Saturday night live one time. negative ned..... ha!!
AWWW,, I love natural trees too! They smell so good. My grandparents had an artificial tree and my grandpa would spray pine scent all over it. He's so funny.
I put my tree up a couple weeks ago. Pre lit white bulbs, artificial. I let my husband pick and choose decor this year, since I did the last couple years. It deffinetly looks like a man tree. LOL Bright blue LED light, they blind you if you look directly into them. and bright red bulbs.... oh well, Then we bought some of those Little buildings, ya know, like the ones on display at stores, with the little people ice skaing, and fake snow, and the houses are lite up, they are so cute. We have a little village now in our living room. We all want to shrink down and walk around in it.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

awww too cute an man tree. lol......I could through pine cones and sprinkle glitter one something( making somehing look as gaudy as possible) my hun would say awww it looks so nice. He doenst know how decorate or put colors to gether so anything I do he likes ...like its the best thing ever. Or maybe hes just bieng nice....Hmmmm never thought of that...lmao.....oh who cares....its the thought that counts. Im going to do light purple, lilac and silver with ribbons. It should look nice.....I'll take a pic when its done.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. It really hit me because my mom hurt my feelings yesterday. I was in the kitchen, in my drawers (panties for proper folk) and she gave my thighs a screw face. Like yuck. I was hurt. The new bf is wonderful though. The other day he made a joke that I used to deprecate myself of course, and I said "should I take that as a hint, hint?" He said, "No, don't take that as a hint. You are beautiful just the way you are." I loved that he said that, but I can't make myself believe that. After that...well, dealling with...well, you guys know.

So, this morning I didn't even get Starbucks. Not from the store anyway. I actually wanted to have full control of my food intake. So, I brewed coffee in my office and added my own just purchased heavy cream and two splenda packets--in the mug my honey gave me. Then I cut up slices of a summer sausage and am munching. I also have a Burger King cheeseburger I will take the meat from for lunch. I am happy. I bought a case of water (Dasani-the best) and have opened my first bottle.

Now, let me tell you why I am so detailed above. I just set up a retirement party table. Complete with store bought cake with icing (my favorite). I actually got icing on my thumb and could SMELL it. I wiped it off with a napkin--not my tongue--and kept going. Thank you Lord for strength. I just ask to be delivered of gluttony and the spirit of self destruction.

Thanks guys for being here. I've got to get my ass in gear. Funny thing: The new bf has no idea I cuss like a sailor. I am sooooo working on it. Gots ta be a lady! :blush:

Last edited by startinova; 12-03-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Old 12-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
Men are more like kids than I care to mention
YOU NAILED THIS ONE ON THE HEAD! I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm raising two boys. I'm starting to see it doesn't get any better. He's already 32 and still acts the same!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=missgreeneyedenvy;12817603]
My morning is going fine...thank you. I have had a my coffee and Had a angus cheddar bacon patty too for breakfast. It was fast to make.QUOTE]
Are these the boxed ones from Wal-Mart? We bought some last night and I can't wait to try them! The jalapeno cheddar ones sounded good too!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. It really hit me because my mom hurt my feelings yesterday. I was in the kitchen, in my drawers (panties for proper folk) and she gave my thighs a screw face. Like yuck. I was hurt. The new bf is wonderful though. The other day he made a joke that I used to deprecate myself of course, and I said "should I take that as a hint, hint?" He said, "No, don't take that as a hint. You are beautiful just the way you are." I loved that he said that, but I can't make myself believe that. After that...well, dealling with...well, you guys know.

So, this morning I didn't even get Starbucks. Not from the store anyway. I actually wanted to have full control of my food intake. So, I brewed coffee in my office and added my own just purchased heavy cream and two splenda packets--in the mug my honey gave me. Then I cut up slices of a summer sausage and am munching. I also have a Burger King cheeseburger I will take the meat from for lunch. I am happy. I bought a case of water (Dasani-the best) and have opened my first bottle.

Now, let me tell you why I am so detailed above. I just set up a retirement party table. Complete with store bought cake with icing (my favorite). I actually got icing on my thumb and could SMELL it. I wiped it off with a napkin--not my tongue--and kept going. Thank you Lord for strength. I just ask to be delivered of gluttony and the spirit of self destruction.

Thanks guys for being here. I've got to get my ass in gear. Funny thing: The new bf has no idea I cuss like a sailor. I am sooooo working on it. Gots ta be a lady! :blush:
Good job planning ahead to avoid falling off plan! And for wiping off your finger. =) That has been the hardest thing with feeding my son...but I can lick them when feeding him bagel with cream cheese--as long as no particles of bagel sneak in. =)

About 80% of people in my life have no idea I swear like a sailor too! Definitely..."gots ta be a lady"

Oh, I wanted to share. Costco sells a kirkland brand of VitaRain water that is infused with vitamins. There is 0 cal, 0 sodium, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 everything! They taste awesome, and I think have been my saving grace to curbing my sweet tooth. Plus you get all the vitamins!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

[quote=AKmama08;12818370]
Quote:
My morning is going fine...thank you. I have had a my coffee and Had a angus cheddar bacon patty too for breakfast. It was fast to make.QUOTE]
Are these the boxed ones from Wal-Mart? We bought some last night and I can't wait to try them! The jalapeno cheddar ones sounded good too!
Are those good? I haven't had luck with tasty frozen burgers at Wal Mart so am always afraid to try them.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

[quote=CMorrison64;12818476]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post

Are those good? I haven't had luck with tasty frozen burgers at Wal Mart so am always afraid to try them.
Will let you know tonight if not tomorrow. Will see if DH is in the mood to make burgers or steaks (I'm a SAHM by day and work PT eves so he makes dinner). I KNOW the steaks are good that come in a brown & purple box in the meat dept in the low frozen cases. The NY strip steaks are to die for. A bit of a splurge since they're $12 (here at least) for 2 steaks. But says each steak is 3 servings...I eat the whole thing though!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Good going! wiping instead of liking is the first step to getting over little mishaps. Im tellin ya the lick off the finger would of been wanting to have a bit more. I think the new BF will help you in staying focused and motivated as you have the support you need to keep a health frame of mind. Beleive me it is hard to do when you have no support around. You do have us though. Dont let moms getcha down. Tell her oh your thighs are nicer?? At least your comfortable and confident enough to sport your lady legs.

[quote=AKmama08;12818370]
Quote:
The ones I get are from albertsons. They are boxed and As many times as I have bought them I still do not know the name of them..lol. I have bought some regular plain ones that are black angus brand patties. Theyy are deelish too. Those I bought at walmart.

[quote=CMorrison64;12818476]
Quote:

Ive only bought the Black Angus brand ones from walmart. The ones that are flavored are very very good but as far as Ive seen they only sell them at Albertsons.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

[quote=missgreeneyedenvy;12818649][B]
Quote:

Ive only bought the Black Angus brand ones from walmart. The ones that are flavored are very very good but as far as Ive seen they only sell them at Albertsons.
Do they come in the same box as the WM ones too? The flavored ones, I mean. They are the black angus ones that we got (just lookedi n freezer) & same packaging for the flavored ones. Maybe because we don't have an Albertsons!? They are "Sam's choice" Fire side gourmet. I didn't know either...because it's soooo small on the box!

The steaks are the same brand too. USDA choice angus beef used as well. Go great on the george foreman topped with sauteed mushrooms!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babsaroo
Stats: 267/207/167
WOE: WLS 10-07-10- mod carb
Hi Everyone....I got back on track on Sunday and have been doing well. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning. My restarting weight was a horrible number. I tried doing a shake a couple of times this week...had for breakfast. I had such a headache. What is that from? So then I changed it up a little....had a shake right before work, then a couple of HB eggs and some bacon at around 10, then lunch at one and then I was ok. So what is the trick to having TWO shakes without having such a headache?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

its more then likely from not eating enough. Since you have to reinduct your bodys going from having sugar storages to nothing and your body is getting hit with ketosis faster. You need to keep your food levels right about what your doing right now. Then later on when you have got past the headaches and the fatigue and have lost some more and your bodys getting use to what your doing then maybe add in 2 shakes and a meal. Then maybe not doing it all the time but switch up. I hope you get to feeling better quick. I remember feeling horrid after the initial ketosis (induction flu) hit. You eventually will stay in a constant state of ketosis where you really dont notice it.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi everyone. Just checking in and reading over the posts ... not much to say this afternoon. Hope everyone had a great day. Will check back tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Ok well I have thought of stuff to say ...

First, I made some really good LC chicken noodle soup. Used 1 can chicken broth, 1 can Rotel, 1 small onion, 1/8 c chopped celery, 3 chicken breasts cubed, seasonings to taste, 1 - 1/4 inch slice velveeta and about 1/4 box of dreamfields linguini broken into 2 inch pieces ... Combined everything but the pasta and velveeta and cooked in the crock pot for 6 hours then added the pasta and velveeta and cooked on high about 30 minutes. Don't know how many carbs b/c of the pasta (my calculations say 10 digestible carbs for the pasta in the whole pot) and I know a lot of you don't want to try the dreamfields but this was really good and the dreamfields has never hurt me in the past. Anyway it satisfied my soup craving. I will be having leftovers tomorrow.
I also baked some zucchini squash and it was pretty good too.

Jami -- the Debbie Downer moniker suits me right now too. I think I am stressing over my daughter's finals more than she is and I am so tired of my DH and DD arguing all the time. He only comes home on the weekends but it gets stressful because i want to relax on the weekend! I totally get that he is upset with her right now -- and he has reason to be -- but I am so tired of the drama. I love them both but they are both so hard headed -- and yes they both think they are right all the time
Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

That soup sounds yummy. And speaking of soups. I cooked a bag of frozen cauliflower. Drained it, added a little butter, mashed it up. Then added about a third of a block of cream cheese, some half & half (out of cream), some water, Better Than Bouillon chicken base, cayenne pepper, dried chives, garlic and some curry powder. Oh yum. I am taking a small container to work tomorrow to eat with my jalapeno/cheddar burger (walmart)....that has a cut up pickle on it and some shredded mozzarella and mustard. MMMM. Breakfast will be some egg salad and I will dip some pork rinds in it.

Last edited by babsaroo; 12-03-2009 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: forgot an ingredient!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone tried Hazelnut Meal / Flour for breading/frying?

Also, when I was at my Dad's over Thanksgiving I grabbed a packet of Special K o2 Protein Water Mix. Anyone here ever try it? I haven't yet. It says on the pkg: 30 cal, 0 fat, 40mg sodium, total carb. 6g, fiber 5g, sugars 0. Says it takes the edge of your hunger. I am going to take to work tomorrow and when I feel "that feeling" am going to try it.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

lawmom...I hope things at home getter better. Your LC chicken noodles soup sounds nice and hearty, perfect for a cold nite.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
I've been wondering what the h*** is up with me today.... Then.....TOM started. That explains it ALL.... *sobs* at the T.V. show, *snaps* at the whiny child.... Ughhhhh.
Closed Thread