Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
Good Morning Ladies ~

I WILL STAY ON THIS PLAN!!!! There's been a part of me wondering why, I'm being honest. Because nothing is budging, but I will do it. Uuugh, it gets discouraging.

Haven't had anything to eat yet today .... probably be my lovely turkey sausage or something .... more thirsty than anything.

Have so much to do tonight; hoping some of our patients are discharged so I can go home early. Still have laundry, hair color, packing .... jeesh.
try taking those supplements I told you about. Dr. Atkins says that it really helps with weight loss. Also Diuretics and HTN meds will make weight loss impossible.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
try taking those supplements I told you about. Dr. Atkins says that it really helps with weight loss. Also Diuretics and HTN meds will make weight loss impossible.
I've been on BP meds since I was 11 and was able to lose weight on them, besides it'd be dangerous for me to NOT take them. I'll have to ask my MD, because a stroke does not sound like a fun time for me. LOL!!!

I will get the supplements however.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since you were 11. Gosh, Im sorry to hear about that. I know you have to take them, a CVA does not sound like a good idea. I just wish there was a way..... I'll keep researching things for you and give you some ideas! Its what I love to do. Document, research and calculate, and document again... Its weird that I do that for fun. LOL
I was thinking about taking those supplements as well. Although, I went to the pharmacy to get them and they are SO expensive! I decided not to buy them. I just take my normal vitamins a day, and leave it at that.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Since you were 11. Gosh, Im sorry to hear about that. I know you have to take them, a CVA does not sound like a good idea. I just wish there was a way..... I'll keep researching things for you and give you some ideas! Its what I love to do. Document, research and calculate, and document again... Its weird that I do that for fun. LOL
I was thinking about taking those supplements as well. Although, I went to the pharmacy to get them and they are SO expensive! I decided not to buy them. I just take my normal vitamins a day, and leave it at that.
Yeah it sucks; I was able ONCE (on Atkins) to quit them, but gained weight back.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Yeah it sucks; I was able ONCE (on Atkins) to quit them, but gained weight back.
really sorry to hear that C, I'm not fully aware of all your history but are you excerising at all? It is frustrating but bottom line you have to make the decision as to whether this WOL is for you or not otherwise you let that resentment build up and you fall off the wagon in a huge way. Talking to others always helps me especially those going through similar things or stalls as it helps me realize I'm not the only person out there with this struggle but the thing is I'm committed to this and to changing my life for the better but that being said it's not for everyone and that's okay too..I'm kinda like Jami, I can't have that one bite, it's not an option for me as one bites just leads to a massive pig out...but I tell myself I didn't gain all this weight overnight so I have to realize it's going to take time for it all to come off and learning and making mistakes along the way is normal too and finding out what works best for me etc....I can let myself easily get frustrated in that the weight is not coming off as fast as I want but tell myself that by staying OP (and that's being completely honest while staying OP and not allowing the occassional cheat etc) that by a years time I will likely have reached my goals and have the body I want again...so vent, cry out, yell whatever it takes but don't give up on yourself okay we're all in this together and all on the same boat and well all have different challenges and obstacles to overcome but the best part is we're not alone...
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Hola chicky....I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you cross over that magical number line...I'm hoping for 195 by Friday but that darn 197 is hanging on for dear life lol...but I did post my measurements and I've lost..I was waiting for you to post lol as you challenged us last time to it
I hope you see your desired number by friday too!! I am going to do measurements for sure on friday morning since TOM has finally came and left so I feel better now about measurements.

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies ~

I WILL STAY ON THIS PLAN!!!! There's been a part of me wondering why, I'm being honest. Because nothing is budging, but I will do it. Uuugh, it gets discouraging.

It gets very discouraging, Trust!! But there is nothing like overall well bieng and your general health getting better, so lbs gone or not its so well worth it!

Haven't had anything to eat yet today .... probably be my lovely turkey sausage or something .... more thirsty than anything.

Have so much to do tonight; hoping some of our patients are discharged so I can go home early. Still have laundry, hair color, packing .... jeesh.
Quote:
Morning Jami...I just finished the treadmil.. 30min walk 8% incline and am now off to go on the bike for 30mins...will need to take the dog for a walk today but last few days have been bitterly cold -35'C not sure what that is in 'F but COLD lol...I've been feeling pretty darn good, had a pair of jeans on yesterday and they were nice n baggy in the arse and thigh area lol...didn't look attractive but darn if I didn't feel great in them hahahaha...

Ooooh Baggy Booty!!! lol.....how wonderful...lmao! my daughter was walking behind me and said mom its time for new jeans those ones are really drooping...I was semi embarrased cause I reached around and felt and it was all kinds of baggy and had to pull my pants up real high..lol.

I tried that cauliflower pizza crust...interesting..wasn't bad but don't know if I'd have it that often hehe..

I havent tried the cauliflower pizza crust...Just the egg/cheese crust..its so good

Quote:
Good Morning my LCF!! Hi MissGreen! Doing great! Just got back home from dropping my son off at school. Deciding on what to do for my work out. I think I'll stay home and bust out the Turbo Jam. I cant wait to see your Friday Weigh in either! I am really crossing my fingers for you! I'm glad that TOM bloat wont be around to witness it!! I have noticed that you havent been posting as much as you used to. It has been more quiet around here lately.

Oh ive been here and there...lurking sometimes..lmao why? I dunno!?! Just have been so busy with things that are going on at home aside from having to deal with the holiday season like you said. Girly..I think you are where your body wants you too be. I guess moving up the carbs isnt going to hurt you....just gage them to where your body is tolerating them at. So if you can consume 50-80 carbs a day and not gain then that would be cool. Just not junk carbs..lol.

Everyone is really busy with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays. Its getting in the way of my Social Time!! LOL
My weight is still holding steady, 139ish. What ever happened to 138??? Oh well. We have to go to my IL's for Christmas Eve Dinner this year. Usually its my parents' house since that is the day that we always celebrate Christmas. I really dont want to go. Mainly due to the fact that his parents always make comments about what I eat. What do they comment to you about? Are they just very judgemental individuals? I'm sorry that the IL's make you feel so uncomfortable. I wouldnt want to go either. Just let him go..lol. Just kidding! I do not like going to my hun's moms house either, she has always made me feel uncomfortable. Like saying rude things about my weight but in an indirect way. Since the day I met her back in 2004. She also made a comment saying wow your so beautiful but your the biggest girl eddie's ever been with. I was like WOW. I just smiled and got big eyed and was floored.She also told me when I was pregnant..oh you carry your pregnancy well, it just looks like you gained weight and yet another one... when I gained badly in the beginning of this year and I KNEW I GAINED AN ISH LOAD OF WEIGHT..She said oh you look good you look like you lost weight. Heffa....No I gained wieght thank you very much! I can never take anything she says at face value since shes notorious for bieng two faced. At anyrate, I cannot stand when people degrade others in an attempt to make themselves feel superior for whatever reason. Not just Atkins, they have done this since I met them. Im sure this year it will be worse since I have changed my WOE.
Yesterday I had all intentions on 20 and under total carbs, Instead it was more like 30, 23 net carbs. But dang!! I made this great broccoli and Cauliflower grautin bake. It was so good and creamy!! It was about 3 net carbs per serving. I had 2 servings, one at dinner and one later on.
Well. I hope you all have a great day!! I'll check in later.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Ok what's the cheese/egg pizza crust recipe? I printed that darn thing off last time and can't find where I put it now...

HAHAHAHAHA baggy bottom girls lol......but it's a good feeling eh!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Morning everyone!

C~ I totally know how you are feeling. As I was feeding my son a snack last night (saltines w/ cream cheese) I was feeling a bit low. We just have to hang in there and be patient! It didn't come on overnight, so it wont leave us overnight. Sometimes it's hard to remember those things. Going off plan is the last thing we need!

Jami~ Did you get some TJ in? I skipped my TJ yesterday. Bad me. Good reason though. I was feeling light-headed during my second client last night so instead of working out right after work, I ate a big dinner and upped my carbs. I remember getting light-headed and having small black out spots on induction, so maybe my body just can't handle VLC. Ended the day with 29g's. Yummy garlic buttered shrimp from Costco was to DIE FOR!
Sorry about the in-laws. At least you can be proud of a rocking body that you've taken care of to get that way! So just grin and bear it...=)

Olivia~ Couple more days til Friday! Whooshie whooshies being sent your way!!!

Snarly~ I'm going to follow suit and post my 6 week (today!) results. The scale hasn't budged, and actually has gone up a bit from my low of 137.2, but the inches are slowwwwly coming off. Still a bit ticked about the scale weight though. That's so awesome about your baggy jeans though! That must've felt great!

Well, here are my 6 week stats (weight# hasn't changed much since week 11/17 when I originally hit 139):
11/4: SW: 146.8, Current: 139
Arm: 11.5 .... 11
Waist: 29.2 .... 26.75
Low waist (belly): 35.5 .... 32.5
Hips: 38.8 .... 37.25
Thigh: 24 .... 22.9
Calf: 14.25 .... 13.9

I've started to wonder about egg creams. Thinking I might try to replace lunch with them. Or maybe dinner. See how that goes, but keeping my carbs between 20-30g. I need a blender!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi MissGreen. I agree, My body is saying stop here! Although I want to ignore it and push forward. I'll just focus now on reshaping. The comments they make aren't really derogatory, its just the fact that they pay attention. I absolutely LOVE KETCHUP!! Some people barely dip their fries in it, when I submerge my fries in it, and I dip my hamburger in it. I didnt think that was weird. Anyways when we all have gone out to eat in the past there is always some comment about how I eat, the amount, what i order... It makes me feel uncomfortable. I just want to say, "Pay attention to yourself, I dont need an audience!" LOL We stayed at there house a couple years ago for about a month after their son died. People, bless there hearts, brought over so much food everyday. Which was great, because I cooked for the family everyday. Well, we had veggie trays, meat and cheese platters, chips, pies cookies ,you name it. I would snack through out the day, a plate of veggies here, an apple and PB there, They were so amazed by how much I ate, they commented all the time!! and during that time I was weighing 135, my all time goal weight! Needless to say, when ever we go over to their house I feel like there is always a watchful eye on what I eat. If I dont eat, they give me a hard time, if I do eat they tease me!! AGGHHHHH! I wonder what it will be like this time around.
Snarly, here is the cheese crust I used
3 eggs
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1.2 cup Parmesan cheese, like the kind in the can,
garlic powder and oregano to taste
mix all up, pat down on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, not wax paper
cook 425 degrees for 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let it cool, then flip it over.
Dress the crust to your desire, then bake it for another 12 minutes. CAREFUL, ITS DELICIOUS!!. If you let it cool for about 10 minutes you'll be able to pick it up with your hands and eat it.
AKMAMA I actually went to the gym. Ran and walked for 40 minutes, Did triceps and shoulders. I didnt push as much as I would have liked, It got really busy and the place is small. GARLIC BUTTERED SHRIMP sounds so good! I want some! You ended your day the same as mine last night LOL I had 30 whole carbs. You measurements look great by the way!! Looks like you have had great progress!
Here is my menu for today
protein cream shake, egg free
Pepperoni
May have salad for lunch, and left over broccoli bake for supper.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE KETCHUP!! Some people barely dip their fries in it, when I submerge my fries in it, and I dip my hamburger in it. I didnt think that was weird.
I DO THIS TOO! My family pokes at me for it...in a good-hearted manner though. My Dad always says, "want some "fill-in food blank" with that ketchup?" I would go through containers like it was my job! We can't have any in the house anymore because I go too overboard with it. Do they make LC? Hmmm...prob wouldn't taste the same.
If you have a Costco, they were so worth every penny. You get 2lbs of shrimp for $13. Super fast to make (10 mins in skillet w/ garlic and butter already on them).
WTG on the workout! I think I'm going to try and do a late one...weights around 8:30pm (back & legs) then hit the treadmill while I watch Eastwick there!

B: scrambled eggs w/ cheese
L: Teriyaki chicken breast salad w/ evoo & balsamic
D: Creamy halibut (recipe good on chicken breast too) Heavenly Halibut - All Recipes
S: protein shake
Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
Morning everyone!

C~ I totally know how you are feeling. As I was feeding my son a snack last night (saltines w/ cream cheese) I was feeling a bit low. We just have to hang in there and be patient! It didn't come on overnight, so it wont leave us overnight. Sometimes it's hard to remember those things. Going off plan is the last thing we need!

Jami~ Did you get some TJ in? I skipped my TJ yesterday. Bad me. Good reason though. I was feeling light-headed during my second client last night so instead of working out right after work, I ate a big dinner and upped my carbs. I remember getting light-headed and having small black out spots on induction, so maybe my body just can't handle VLC. Ended the day with 29g's. Yummy garlic buttered shrimp from Costco was to DIE FOR!
Sorry about the in-laws. At least you can be proud of a rocking body that you've taken care of to get that way! So just grin and bear it...=)

Olivia~ Couple more days til Friday! Whooshie whooshies being sent your way!!!

Snarly~ I'm going to follow suit and post my 6 week (today!) results. The scale hasn't budged, and actually has gone up a bit from my low of 137.2, but the inches are slowwwwly coming off. Still a bit ticked about the scale weight though. That's so awesome about your baggy jeans though! That must've felt great!

Well, here are my 6 week stats (weight# hasn't changed much since week 11/17 when I originally hit 139):

I've started to wonder about egg creams. Thinking I might try to replace lunch with them. Or maybe dinner. See how that goes, but keeping my carbs between 20-30g. I need a blender!
Those are pretty great measurements Akmama you've lost good on your waist and thighs! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi MissGreen. I agree, My body is saying stop here! Although I want to ignore it and push forward. I'll just focus now on reshaping. The comments they make aren't really derogatory, its just the fact that they pay attention. I absolutely LOVE KETCHUP!! Some people barely dip their fries in it, when I submerge my fries in it, and I dip my hamburger in it. I didnt think that was weird. Anyways when we all have gone out to eat in the past there is always some comment about how I eat, the amount, what i order... It makes me feel uncomfortable. I just want to say, "Pay attention to yourself, I dont need an audience!" LOL We stayed at there house a couple years ago for about a month after their son died. People, bless there hearts, brought over so much food everyday. Which was great, because I cooked for the family everyday. Well, we had veggie trays, meat and cheese platters, chips, pies cookies ,you name it. I would snack through out the day, a plate of veggies here, an apple and PB there, They were so amazed by how much I ate, they commented all the time!! and during that time I was weighing 135, my all time goal weight! Needless to say, when ever we go over to their house I feel like there is always a watchful eye on what I eat. If I dont eat, they give me a hard time, if I do eat they tease me!! AGGHHHHH! I wonder what it will be like this time around.
Snarly, here is the cheese crust I used
3 eggs
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1.2 cup Parmesan cheese, like the kind in the can,
garlic powder and oregano to taste
mix all up, pat down on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, not wax paper
cook 425 degrees for 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let it cool, then flip it over.
Dress the crust to your desire, then bake it for another 12 minutes. CAREFUL, ITS DELICIOUS!!. If you let it cool for about 10 minutes you'll be able to pick it up with your hands and eat it.
AKMAMA I actually went to the gym. Ran and walked for 40 minutes, Did triceps and shoulders. I didnt push as much as I would have liked, It got really busy and the place is small. GARLIC BUTTERED SHRIMP sounds so good! I want some! You ended your day the same as mine last night LOL I had 30 whole carbs. You measurements look great by the way!! Looks like you have had great progress!
Here is my menu for today
protein cream shake, egg free
Pepperoni
May have salad for lunch, and left over broccoli bake for supper.
Thanks Jami...ok what on earth is parchment paper? can I use tinfoil?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Jami~ Jeez....What nosey butts..lol! I would be irked too. I use to like to use ketchup too with dipping my fries and cheeseburgers in...gobs of it. I have it now but not as often or even as much. I hope that your visit with them this year is a bit more pleasant. It sucks that you cant be yourself.

Snarly~ yes baggy booty girls are cool..lmao..until someone points it out...

Akmama~ Good inches lost..In a month and half *or so*...... I'm hoping for a new lower weight by friday but I weighed myself this morning and back up to 202.8...Not understand the bouncing part but I should be use to it happening since its quite my norm. Im going to do measurements on friday too....

Lawmom~ Where are you girly??? I hope your doing well!

C~ How was your day?

Squad, Sobby, Startinova.....Where you guys at?? I hope you guys have had a wonderful day too!!!!

Well today has been kinda irritating. I was adjusting my tree last nite and strained my back. It hurts horribly. If I stay standing or moving around it aches but If i sit down for a sec and get back up I feel like my backs going to give out. I hurt my back last year and it was like this for almost 2 months and finally subsided but every now and then if I do something to strenuous this happens. Argghhhhh..I wish It would subside I have so much I need to do and walking like Im waddling/pregnant is not very productive at this moment...I almost feel like Im crooked. Like my gait is off balance. I put on my jeans earlier and and cringed cause it felt like I had a knife stab me in my lower back.

Ok enough beaching and complaining..lol.

Otherwise...thats been my happy go lucky day...teeeheeeee

Hows everyone else doing.

Oh yah Jami...Your doing awesome at getting your exercise in, I know its tough with your back too but your doing it ...good girl!..lol
Old 12-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Quote:
My weight is still holding steady, 139ish. What ever happened to 138??? Oh well. We have to go to my IL's for Christmas Eve Dinner this year. Usually its my parents' house since that is the day that we always celebrate Christmas. I really dont want to go. Mainly due to the fact that his parents always make comments about what I eat. Not just Atkins, they have done this since I met them. Im sure this year it will be worse since I have changed my WOE.

Yesterday I had all intentions on 20 and under total carbs, Instead it was more like 30, 23 net carbs. But dang!! I made this great broccoli and Cauliflower grautin bake. It was so good and creamy!! It was about 3 net carbs per serving. I had 2 servings, one at dinner and one later on.
Well. I hope you all have a great day!! I'll check in later.
Sorry it sounds like your IL's are going to make comments you don't want. Ignore them, you know you're doing what's good for you.

Broccoli and Cauliflower gratin bake??? Recipe please?

Quote:
I'm kinda like Jami, I can't have that one bite, it's not an option for me as one bites just leads to a massive pig out...but I tell myself I didn't gain all this weight overnight so I have to realize it's going to take time for it all to come off and learning and making mistakes along the way is normal too and finding out what works best for me etc....I can let myself easily get frustrated in that the weight is not coming off as fast as I want but tell myself that by staying OP (and that's being completely honest while staying OP and not allowing the occassional cheat etc) that by a years time I will likely have reached my goals and have the body I want again...so vent, cry out, yell whatever it takes but don't give up on yourself okay we're all in this together and all on the same boat and well all have different challenges and obstacles to overcome but the best part is we're not alone...
*raises hand* Me! Me, me....I'm like you and Jami too. I can't have those cheats otherwise its downhill from there. That's where my hiccups in the road come from.

Quote:
Morning everyone!
Woo!!! Look at all those inches off!!! You've taken 8.95 inches off your body in 6 weeks! That's awesome!

Work is busy for me right now. Trying to finish Christmas shopping too and trying NOT to give into these cravings I've got right now. My own fault. I started taking the l-glutamine today. Yay! Hopefully that will help.

Oh! The 1 minute muffin is good! I had a conference call this morning from home and it was so long I got hungry...so I made myself one. Yum.

I also made the hamburger/sausage/cream cheese/rotel recipe. I have to say....its surprisingly good and VERY filling. Oh....and its true...the whoosh factor after eating it!!! I dropped the water weight my body's been holding on to. I ate it for dinner again tonight so....we'll see if I'm down again.

Hope everyone is doing well! Hugs!

Mini Goals:
290 working on
Old 12-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Those are pretty great measurements Akmama you've lost good on your waist and thighs! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! My thighs are my problem. And my arse. I sometimes have to buy pants bigger to accomodate my thunder thighs, but then they don't fit the waist! I usually live in stretchy stuff because of it. One day I hope they thin out.

Olivia~ (everytime I think of your name or see it I get the cartoon "Olivia" on nick jr.'s theme song in my head!) So sorry about your back. Go treat yourself to a massage if you can! I know the feeling. Suffer from low back problems myself, and a good crack & massage always do the trick. Hope you're feeling better soon, and take pictures of the tree so we can see the hard work you did! I totally feel you on the bouncing part...doesn't it make you want to take a sledge hammer to the scale?! We're working so hard to eat clean and it teases us. I hope you get your whoosh by Friday!

Clarissa~ Dang, thanks for adding that up for me! It's the only thing that keeps me going otherwise I would have stopped this WOE 3 weeks ago when the scale numbers stopped. Still hard getting over the mental part of the scale # not moving. At least something is! So what is this about some kind of dinner making a whoosh happen? I think I need to investigate this! Think I saw a thread on that meal. WTG on sticking to your guns and not giving in to easy things & cravings!

I've officially decided that if tomorrow I don't drop out of 139, I am hiding the scale for a week (well, having DH do it). I think mentally I'll be happier and not let the scale dictate my mood upon waking & making me stress! I ate sooo clean today. I decided for the fun of it to track it (usually tally all day) just now and ended up at 2,200 cal, 19g total carbs (whoops on trying to be between 20-30). Fat 69% (bit high) & Protein 27%. Skipped the workout. Dang it. DS had me up every 30 min wanting to nurse & I couldn't take it, so finally at 1:30am made DH go sleep with him because I couldn't do it anymore. So I've been functioning on about 3 hours of sleep total since he brought him back to me around 3am...with frequent wake-ups. I think it's time to wean. It's just unhealthy at this point on my sleep deprivation!

There's my rant. Oh, check out my creamy halibut dinner in the food porn sticky! It was soooooo yummmyyyy!!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning everyone!

Sorry about your light headedness. I got like that a lot during Induction. I would try to workout and would feel like I was going to pass out! Terrible feeling isn't it. Egg Creams are great and its a good way to get in your Whey protein after a work out. I have them for breakfast after I work out, it a great recovery shake. Plus if you have liquid flax oil or borage oil you can add that to your shake as well. My IL's are very light hearted about the teasing, but it is so annoying! Every time we eat!!! for 4 years!! LOL Ketchup is the greatest Recipe Invention isn't it! I had a hard time not using it anymore. Heinz makes a reduced sugar ketchup, 1 carb per serving, but your right, it just isnt as good and the regular. I bought it but I dont use it. I have converted myself to mustard now
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Jami~ Jeez....What nosey butts..lol! I would be irked too. I use to like to use ketchup too with dipping my fries and cheeseburgers in...gobs of it. I have it now but not as often or even as much. I hope that your visit with them this year is a bit more pleasant. It sucks that you cant be yourself.
Ketchup is very GOOD I love it and miss it!! They are teasing out of love but it so darn annoying. It makes me not want to go out with them, or go to there house. LOL I just want to go to my parents house for christmas, no one ever makes comments about what I eat over there! LOL Its so funny I'm complaining about this.
Well today has been kinda irritating. I was adjusting my tree last nite and strained my back. It hurts horribly. If I stay standing or moving around it aches but If i sit down for a sec and get back up I feel like my backs going to give out. I hurt my back last year and it was like this for almost 2 months and finally subsided but every now and then if I do something to strenuous this happens. Argghhhhh..I wish It would subside I have so much I need to do and walking like Im waddling/pregnant is not very productive at this moment...I almost feel like Im crooked. Like my gait is off balance. I put on my jeans earlier and and cringed cause it felt like I had a knife stab me in my lower back.
OH NO! Im so sorry to hear about your back! That really sux. Can you go to the Chiropractor? Have you been icing it and heating it? Its so hard to take care of yourself when there is so much you have to do. I hope it starts to feel better.

Oh yah Jami...Your doing awesome at getting your exercise in, I know its tough with your back too but your doing it ...good girl!..lol
Thanks! I am so happy that my back isnt giving me issues anymore. My leg dosent get numb and tingly anymore. Im so glad to resume excersize, it was a big part of my life that I had to give up for a long time. I started getting depressed and really irritable because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlight21 View Post
Sorry it sounds like your IL's are going to make comments you don't want. Ignore them, you know you're doing what's good for you.

Broccoli and Cauliflower gratin bake??? Recipe please?

*raises hand* Me! Me, me....I'm like you and Jami too. I can't have those cheats otherwise its downhill from there. That's where my hiccups in the road come from.

Woo!!! Look at all those inches off!!! You've taken 8.95 inches off your body in 6 weeks! That's awesome!

Work is busy for me right now. Trying to finish Christmas shopping too and trying NOT to give into these cravings I've got right now. My own fault. I started taking the l-glutamine today. Yay! Hopefully that will help.

Oh! The 1 minute muffin is good! I had a conference call this morning from home and it was so long I got hungry...so I made myself one. Yum.

I also made the hamburger/sausage/cream cheese/rotel recipe. I have to say....its surprisingly good and VERY filling. Oh....and its true...the whoosh factor after eating it!!! I dropped the water weight my body's been holding on to. I ate it for dinner again tonight so....we'll see if I'm down again.

Hope everyone is doing well! Hugs!
Really, You go the Whoosh after eating the hamburger and chream cheese rotel thing?? HUH. I'll have to try that. Im scared I would eat the whole thing and have a 15 carb meal... The Broccoli cauliflower bake is so good.
1 12oz bag broccoli cauliflower birds eye steamers
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Hormel natural bacon bits, the "Real Bacon bits"
2 T butter
2T HWC
Cook the steamer bag in microwave for 5 minutes
Put the remaining ingredients in a casserole dish, and microwave it for a minute to melt everything together. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and mix up. Cook in 350 oven for 20 minutes.. Easy Breezy!
Makes 4 servings, 3 net carbs per serving.
I love this stuff.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks! My thighs are my problem. And my arse. I sometimes have to buy pants bigger to accommodate my thunder thighs, but then they don't fit the waist! I usually live in stretchy stuff because of it. One day I hope they thin out.

I have the same issue. I have to buy size 29 or 30 jeans to fit my thighs! But then the waist is huge. Im small on top, Pear shaped, and whenever I get to a comfortable size 6 pants, which has was a long time ago, I look emaciated on top with no boosies left. LOL My thighs, when starting this WOE was at 23, I measured them the other day and they were at 21 1/4, I was surprised and excited to see that! They were at 21 1/2 inches about 3 weeks ago. I hope they shink and tone up more since I started excersizing again.. Im sure yours will too! You are already shrinking up at a fast rate! Very impressive.

Olivia~ (everytime I think of your name or see it I get the cartoon "Olivia" on nick jr.'s theme song in my head!) So sorry about your back. Go treat yourself to a massage if you can! I know the feeling. Suffer from low back problems myself, and a good crack & massage always do the trick. Hope you're feeling better soon, and take pictures of the tree so we can see the hard work you did! I totally feel you on the bouncing part...doesn't it make you want to take a sledge hammer to the scale?! We're working so hard to eat clean and it teases us. I hope you get your whoosh by Friday!

The bouncing thing does stink. Poor Olivia has had that scale torment here long enough! Its time it goes down and stays down for her! Im sure she'll be in onderland by tomorrows weigh in! LOL I was at 139 this AM. The needle was a little bit lower than yesterdays 139. LOL Its hard to see those small dashes inbetween 135 and 140. My calories everyday are about the same as yours, 1700-1900, which is a good maintain for me. If I can lower it to 1500 I can lose. Maybe I'll try that for a week and see how it goes.
Clarissa~ Dang, thanks for adding that up for me! It's the only thing that keeps me going otherwise I would have stopped this WOE 3 weeks ago when the scale numbers stopped. Still hard getting over the mental part of the scale # not moving. At least something is! So what is this about some kind of dinner making a whoosh happen? I think I need to investigate this! Think I saw a thread on that meal. WTG on sticking to your guns and not giving in to easy things & cravings!
Plateaus are so common with weight loss. It'll start picking up again. At least your losing inches and thats the important part. Stick with it. This WOE has given you some great success, your body is just adjusting to the new weight. Maybe start to cycle your calories as well as carbs and see if that gets you unstuck.
I've officially decided that if tomorrow I don't drop out of 139, I am hiding the scale for a week (well, having DH do it). I think mentally I'll be happier and not let the scale dictate my mood upon waking & making me stress! I ate sooo clean today. I decided for the fun of it to track it (usually tally all day) just now and ended up at 2,200 cal, 19g total carbs (whoops on trying to be between 20-30). Fat 69% (bit high) & Protein 27%. Skipped the workout. Dang it. DS had me up every 30 min wanting to nurse & I couldn't take it, so finally at 1:30am made DH go sleep with him because I couldn't do it anymore. So I've been functioning on about 3 hours of sleep total since he brought him back to me around 3am...with frequent wake-ups. I think it's time to wean. It's just unhealthy at this point on my sleep deprivation!

There's my rant. Oh, check out my creamy halibut dinner in the food porn sticky! It was soooooo yummmyyyy!!!!!
Oh my gosh! Get some rest! LOL Poor girl. Its hard to work out when YOU cant sleep! I skipped my workout today as well. I was all dressed out to do TJ, I got 3 minutes into and say, "Ahh, Screw it" LOL Im so lazy today, and sore. And if you dont get good sleep the scale will weigh you heavy. I have noticed that if I dont get my full 8 or 9 hours of sleep i'll weigh heavy the next morning.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Snarly Parchment paper is found over by the tin foil. It will just say PARCHMENT paper across the box. Its in a box that looks like a tin foil box. Im not sure about tin foil. The crust sticks to everything so bad, I used wax paper and I lost a lot of the crust trying to peal it off. Lesson Learned. LOL
I am getting my hair cut today at 2pm!!! Well just trimmed. Im going to a girl that usually takes a week to get into. She does such a good job. I also have a turkey in the oven. Should be done about 1230ish. My son has wrestling at 6pm. Last night I went to church and I was holding my 4 month old Cousin. He barfed all over my sweater, right at the beginning of church, I had to sit there and smell baby spit up for 45 minutes, BLAGH!!! It was a massive amount too, my whole left shoulder and arm was saturated! LOL Oh, the memories.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! I got Kolten to sleep at 11:30...so we got up at 8, and I went spinning at 9! He did soooo good for his first time in childcare (at the gym). I was half focused, half worried the entire time because you can't hear the pages in the spinning room if they need you. I figured she'd come find me if he was too bad (since I had it written on the log-in sheet where I would be). I still got a good spin in! Boy did it kick my butt! I haven't been in a few yrs. Loved it! Scale still at 139. Someone lend me their sledge hammer. Please. Now! Having DH hide it until January 1st. Hopefully I can hold out that long, and hopefully he won't succumb to my begging for it either!

Jami~ I'll have the give the egg creams a whirl. Was on the Da Vinci SF syrup site last night...hard to choose! Do you ever use thse (anyone?)??? I might see if I can find them locally since they might not ship here during winter. I have to buy 29s too! I just got some while in Portland and the waist gaps open just a tad...but so tight on the thighs! Ugh! I'm a total pear too...but, errr...enhanced myself to an hourglass a couple years ago. My poor girls were tiny, deflated A's and a bit saggy from years of hard workouts with bad sports bras. I have some regrets, was told when undergoing cancer treatments 9 yrs ago that I wouldn't be able to have kids. Well, I would have waited until I was done if that were true! So have to get them lifted once I figure out if I'm done. I'd like to go a bit smaller too...went to a small D, I'd like a small C I think. Since my upper torso is so short + I'm short-waisted I thought it might balance me, but I end up looking top heavy. Anyhow! That's some good thigh shrinkage on your part too! Ah, I am dreaming of the day I get more than 3 hours in a row of sleep. That'll be the day! It is true...my doc got onto me about it all when I saw her last month. Effects so many things. Sometimes I wonder how my steam hasn't run out yet. Maybe later you'll press play on TJ. =) It's okay to have lazy days though every now and again...as long as a day doesn't turn into a week...to a month, etc!

Okay, I'm going to go snuggle with my little man now. Food for today:
B: 3 egg scramble w/ colby cheese
L: Creamy Halibut leftovers
S: 1 hard boiled egg
D: ??? Maybe some ribeyes...need to go shopping.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post

Snarly~ yes baggy booty girls are cool..lmao..until someone points it out...

Akmama~ Good inches lost..In a month and half *or so*...... I'm hoping for a new lower weight by friday but I weighed myself this morning and back up to 202.8...Not understand the bouncing part but I should be use to it happening since its quite my norm. Im going to do measurements on friday too....

Lawmom~ Where are you girly??? I hope your doing well!

C~ How was your day?

Squad, Sobby, Startinova.....Where you guys at?? I hope you guys have had a wonderful day too!!!!

Hey Olivia ... I'm still around. Been a busy week and having a lot of personal problems right now....so haven't felt like posting much. I took off work early today ... couldn't make it another hour. Came home and made LC lasagna ... comfort food time and I am trying to avoid non LC options....Sorry to hear about your back. I have almost constant low back pain that gets better after I have the neurotomies for awhile but never really goes away so I can totally relate. It can be very draining on the psyche as well. Get well soon!

Hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

You're not going to believe this. Take a guess!
Yes, I'm SICK AGAIN!!!!!

Maybe its not again.....maybe I've been unable to fight off this sinus infection on my own. At any rate, my immune sucks....and both my son and I woke up sick. It's probably a mild cold b/c he's still running around like himself with the sniffles, a little cough and a low grade fever. Time to go to the dr for me. Back to moderate to low carb till I'm better again. Ughhhhhh......

Did I mention that I HATE when my little boy is sick???

Last edited by midlight21; 12-17-2009 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yes, I'm SICK AGAIN!!!!!

Maybe its not again.....maybe I've been unable to fight off this sinus infection on my own. At any rate, my immune sucks....and both my son and I woke up sick. It's probably a mild cold b/c he's still running around like himself with the sniffles, a little cough and a low grade fever. Time to go to the dr for me. Back to moderate to low carb till I'm better again. Ughhhhhh......

Hope you both get better soon.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

It is very hard to smile when you really want to cry .... I want to gorge on all the sugar filled items in the fridge and break out a bottle of tequila. Fighting the urge because logically I know it won't make anything better... I have mentioned before that I am an emotional eater right??? Already had 4 pieces of the Sugar Free candy.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
It is very hard to smile when you really want to cry .... I want to gorge on all the sugar filled items in the fridge and break out a bottle of tequila. Fighting the urge because logically I know it won't make anything better... I have mentioned before that I am an emotional eater right??? Already had 4 pieces of the Sugar Free candy.
Awwwww....sorry you're having a tough time. Just remember your accomplishments and then throw the sugary items away. The bottle of tequila won't help either? Sending tons of hugs your way!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awwwww....sorry you're having a tough time. Just remember your accomplishments and then throw the sugary items away. The bottle of tequila won't help either? Sending tons of hugs your way!
Thanks midlight ... I have hidden the sugar free candy, resisted the cinnamon rolls in the kitchen and luckily I don't have tequila in the house .... so guess I will get through this. Honestly, after the 4 pieces of candy I am not feeling all that great anyway. Going to call it a night.... I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Get a good nights sleep and I bet tomorrow will be much better.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Awww hun..I hope you get through this emotional time. You know that you have done so awesome to just push and give in. I know you wont...but just think....you will thank yourself when things lift up. I too wanted to run right to my liquer stash the other night but every time I thought about it I knew I didnt want to ruin my hard hard efforts. The cherry vodka was calling me, knowing I was so upset. That's the first thing I think about when I get upset or mad. 4pcs of sugar free candy shouldnt put a dent in your hard work. Keep your head up sweetie, in time the rough sea's will smooth out!

Quote:
Yes, I'm SICK AGAIN!!!!!

Oh poor you guys!!! I hope you all feel better soon. I know I got a bit of bug last week luckily it passed quickly. Now Lil one has a runny nose and had a cough a few days ago but it seemed to clear up really quick this time around.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

lawmom~ So sorry you are having a rough time right now. As an emotional eater myself, BIG TIME kudos to you to just eating a couple SF candies! Not a whole batch of PB cheesecake balls like me. =) And for resisting cinnimon rolls! Those wouldn't be allowed in my house. Pat yourself on the back! I hope you wake up tomorrow refreshed and ready to take on the day. We're always here if you need to vent!!! Sometimes that really helps.

Hi midlight! Sooo sorry you're sick again. And that your son is too. I hate having my kiddo sick as well! Breaks your heart. Hope it passes soon.

My night went well. Both my clients called in sick! So, went to my parent's house to pick up DS. My Mom is in a weightloss challenge (the healthy way) that is being put on by Kat James (you can google her) & Natural Health (I think that's the one) Magazine. She got picked out of ten others who are competing. Every Thursday they have to call in for a teleconference over the phone or computer. My Mom had hers on speaker via comp & I walked in to pick him up and listened to a little bit of it. She seems very similar to LC eating for the most part. Addressing all angles of health from what you eat, where you buy it (organic), what you put on your skin, the water you shower in, etc. I really liked her saying something along the lines of, "you need fats to lose weight and fight disease. When you wake up, eat a big hunk of cheese when you wake up before you fry up some eggs in a couple tablespoons of butter"!!! YES! She talked about "low glycemic" foods a lot...and how high glycemic raise insulin spikes, causing all kinds of problems ex: weight gain, skin problems, disease, etc. Also said that not getting adequete sleep can be one of the top reasons for weight loss stalls. Boy did that hit home. It was like I was meant to walk in on part of the teleconference! I think I'm going to read her book when we are on the airplane going overseas next month. I noticed that in these 6 weeks I've been on LC I haven't had one pimple! I tend to break-out when TOM is coming...or during. So that's been a great perk! I almost feel like I have a glow to my skin; which I've never had. I really liked what I heard from her, and my Mom is doing her program & has lost 7lbs in 2 weeks to date. She does retreats, and tomorrow my Mom will be on a radio show. Her book's reviews are excellent. Just thought I'd share if you're interested in whole health! I think there is a way to listen to them the next day (recorded of course)...if anyone is interested, just let me know & I'll get the info from my Mom!

I made beauuuutiful taco salads for dinner. I was so excited and proud of them because I don't get to cook dinner for DH often since I work evenings. He was just getting home from the gym as I was dressing up the plates. Bed of green, lots of ground beef w/ sauteed onions, lots of cumin, paprika, garlic powder & oregano, and yellow bell pepper, raw red onion slices, tomatoes, avocados, shredded cheese & a dallop of sour cream on top. YUM! Well, he was all pumped up and needed his creatine. He was mixing is up from his huge container in our tiny galley kitchen...then when putting it away knocked over one of the plates just as I finished dressing them up all over the floor! I was upset because I was so excited to do this for him...ugh. We decided one person in the kitchen at a time from now on & split the other. It was sooo good! Got the meat on sale at least. Rotel dish tomorrow!

Ok I'm off to bed. Night ladies!
Old 12-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi lawmom! Nice to see you! Im sorry your having a tough time. Hang in there sweetie. I feel so week lately also. I just want to cheat on my WOE all the time now! I have noticed, unfortunately, that if I do cheat I only have the slightest gain the next day, then after 2 days Im back to normal. This is not good for me because I found out that I can get away with something.

AKmama, You sound just like me. I was wanting to get an enhancement too, just a full, non saggy C which I am right now. I was wanting a lift and plants LOL. You are doing pretty good for wearing a 29, you weigh the same as me, 3 inches shorter than me and you are wearing the size i wear, LOL My measurements are now
Chest 33
waist 25
low waist 27
hips 35,
thighs 21 1/4
LOL It just gradually gets bigger. I want to lose 5 more pounds to shrink my thighs! I wish the upper body would stay put and I could just focus all the fat loss on the bottom half!!!
thighs 21 1/4
I Used SF davinci all the time in my shakes. I bought some bottles through Netrition a couple months ago. I also use Torani syrups, and there are some coffee shops that you can buy them from also. I can only find the small bottle in my Grocery store though.

MIDLIGHT!!! You are still sick! Poor girl oh my gosh! I hope you feel better soon.

HI MISSGREEN, SNARLY, C!! I have to go to work now. YEAH FOR ME! LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 04:56 AM   #450
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning everyone! I got Kolten to sleep at 11:30...so we got up at 8, and I went spinning at 9! He did soooo good for his first time in childcare (at the gym). I was half focused, half worried the entire time because you can't hear the pages in the spinning room if they need you. I figured she'd come find me if he was too bad (since I had it written on the log-in sheet where I would be). I still got a good spin in! Boy did it kick my butt! I haven't been in a few yrs. Loved it! Scale still at 139. Someone lend me their sledge hammer. Please. Now! Having DH hide it until January 1st. Hopefully I can hold out that long, and hopefully he won't succumb to my begging for it either!

Good job on getting the Spinning in! You are so good about staying focused. I skipped yesterday completely. My hips are so sore. I try to do the same workouts as I did from when I was "In shape", and the next day Im very sore! Like yesterday.

I have some regrets, was told when undergoing cancer treatments 9 yrs ago that I wouldn't be able to have kids.
If you dont mind my asking, What type of Cancer did you have? You were so young
Closed Thread