Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Think about the pro's/con's of weening or continuing, for the both of you. Im sorry if anything Ive said has offended you, in no way was it my intentions sweetie.
Not at all!!! It helps. To make a long story short, I was a die-hard BF supporter and so he was exclusively BF. We didn't try a bottle until he was over 12 weeks ols, so missed the boat with bottles because at that point he didn't know what to do with it. He's been almost off the weight chart his whole life (5lb8oz at birth), so I felt obligated to keep up the every two hours around the clock until he was 16 months...I just couldn't function anymore. He's now 19 months. We have scaled back to just before nap, an evening comfort & a couple during night. He's a mere 21.5lbs. (grown 15" though!) So I've felt like he needs anything we can get in him. He still hasn't gotten the hang of a sippie cup, so all his pediasure goes in him via a medicine dropper! All a learning experience for #2 that's FOR SURE! That baby will take a bottle the month it's born, and Daddy will take some nights! lol. Juice w/ a straw is easy because we squeeze it in him...and whole milk with his cereal goes in with the spoon. Doesn't help that he's a picky eater. I think I'm ready to wean...he just throws himself on my lap sideways when he wants it. So I feel your Mom's pain! I think Portugal will be really good because I'll be gone for long days, but he's always fine with my Mom. I do think it's mostly a comfort thing for him at this point. I know I'm not producing as much since we've scaled back so far. I haven't gone off plan...still on the fence trying to figure out what to do. Portugal is 6 weeks away...so what to do in the meantime...HmMmmm....we co-sleep so might need to nix that one too because of the habit of sleep nursing.
*sigh* This Mommy stuff is a tough job! Always learning along the way.
AKmama08 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member
 
SquadLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
AKmama, we lived on Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal for 2 1/2 years. Besides visiting some of the other islands, we visited the mainland a couple of times. Mainly the Lisbon area, but we did visit some friends in the south near Faro, maybe?? Hmm, need to ask dh...

Not sure what to tell you about the nursing, girl. I do know that even if I cheat, which kicks you out of ketosis, the next day when I consume at least 2-3 tablesppons of coconut oil; I am back in ketosis that night. Why am I telling you this? Because CO was recommended by my doctor as a way to help my good cholesterol, and she tells me it is added to baby formula. I know with my youngest I kept my carbs on the lower side (under 25) AND had CO. I saw no ill effects. I nursed a LONG time

I guess I'm frustrated for you that more research hasn't been done on this WOE and breastfeeding

I have a friend who does marathons and pumps and dumps her milk during races, but another who run almost daily and still nursed
__________________
Joycelyn

What I know to be true...I'M WORTH IT!!!

Sucess is MINE!!
SquadLeader is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
YAY! I got my pilates DVD's in the mail. Now I just need my mat from my sister. Today's menu:

B: Almond meal pancakes, 2 cups coffee
L: Salmon in lemon butter sauce and broccoli w/cheese
D: Salmon in lemon butter sauce and spinach
S: Lots of water and green tea

Trying to get back on track with food and cooking low carb.
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #364
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Wow....so quiet. *crickets chirping*
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
AKmama, we lived on Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal for 2 1/2 years. Besides visiting some of the other islands, we visited the mainland a couple of times. Mainly the Lisbon area, but we did visit some friends in the south near Faro, maybe?? Hmm, need to ask dh...

Not sure what to tell you about the nursing, girl. I do know that even if I cheat, which kicks you out of ketosis, the next day when I consume at least 2-3 tablesppons of coconut oil; I am back in ketosis that night. Why am I telling you this? Because CO was recommended by my doctor as a way to help my good cholesterol, and she tells me it is added to baby formula. I know with my youngest I kept my carbs on the lower side (under 25) AND had CO. I saw no ill effects. I nursed a LONG time

I guess I'm frustrated for you that more research hasn't been done on this WOE and breastfeeding

I have a friend who does marathons and pumps and dumps her milk during races, but another who run almost daily and still nursed
Yes, we'll be on the south coast near the tip...about an hour from Faro. I've always wanted to go visit the azores!

That's interesting about the coconut oil! I love that stuff. Eat it plain off the spoon sometimes. YUM. Well, I decided to email my doctor (bless her heart for taking free email questions!) and she responded with, " I think Kolten's kidneys can handle the ketones -- very little of which will get through the breast milk. As long as you eat veggies, you'll both be fine. " YES!!!!! So glad. I feel like I have a new lease on life!
I am frustrated that there isn't enough recent info on this either!!! I do value my doc's opinion. She's a very intelligant woman that went to Harvard and can really explain things very thoroughly with whatever you have concerns on, or what to know information about. So this WOE gets to stick with me! So glad I didn't go off plan. May have been harder to get with the program!

MIDLIGHT~ Glad you got the DVDs and are on track again!!! Doesn't it feel great? Salmon sounds yummmmmy. Check out Linda Sue's website for great ideas...I have loved every recipe I've tried of hers.

I didn't eat anything today until 3:45pm. I was so stuffed from all my helping of dinner last night & rediwhip. I decided not to eat just to eat, but to wait until I got a hunger signal (which I rarely do anyways). Then I went to the gym and I actually RAN! Well, more like jogged, for 20 minutes straight. That's rare for me. I usually can't last 2 minutes! So that was nice. Did 45min cardio total, and lifted weights for biceps and triceps. My arms will be dead tomorrow! We're going to try and go to bed early tonight so I can go spinning in the morning at 5:45. I miss being a morning person! We'll see...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Monday here we come...
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
AKmama, good job on sticking to plan and e-mailing your dr about breastfeeding! Have fun in spin class.
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #367
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Thanks! It's been a couple years since I've gone, but it's the best workout ever. You have fun with your pilates! I hope you get your mat back soon. I wish I could do pilates, but my lower back wont let me. I've seen some women get amazing results (and cores!) from doing pilates. Do some for me!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #368
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Heh.....its my shoulder that prevents me from doing things....not my back. My lower back will hurt sometimes....basically telling me I haven't had enough exercise. It will continue hurting until I exercise. Odd huh? LOL. My own "get off your butt" alarm. I just did some wall pushups and now my shoulder aches a bit. Seriously.....its getting old. I'd just like to be able to do some TJ without my shoulder screaming in pain. Is that too much to ask? That's kinda why I bought the pilates.....for core strengthening and to try to rehab my shoulder. I'll do some pilates for you, if you do some spinning for me. LOL. My sister used to go to spin class. Her husband is a big bicycling fan. He's got....like 8 bikes and NONE of them are cheap!
__________________
~Clarissa~

Mini Goals:
300
290 working on
280
270

Last edited by midlight21; 12-13-2009 at 09:40 PM..
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
I have a client who has had some serious shoulder issues and I actually see him tomorrow. He got a book that has helped him (with special exercises) be pain-free as long as he does the exercises/stretches every few days. Want me to ask him the name of the book??? Limitations are a pain aren't they?!
I have lordosis aka sway back. So I can't even press my back all the way to the floor when laying flat. It curves at a 76 degrees (normal for women is 45 degrees)...so that's the reason behind my LB not liking pilates or yoga...dang it! I even had a hard time with the TJ tuck...I just don't/can't tuck as far without being in pain the next day. I bet you're missing Chalean...love her!
Spinning is great because every exercise level can go to a class since you're in charge of your own bike. It's a bit intimidating at first, but addicting! I hope I get back into it again.
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #370
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Yes, please ask him the name of the book! That would be great! Finally going to bed. I'm a late night kind of person. I work 4pm to Midnight.
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone! Weight was actually up a pound but I am wearing a size 12 suit today that I have not been able to wear in a couple of years ....So I am excited. Weekend was fun and kind of uneventful other than visiting my mom. Hope everyone had a great weekend. TTTL.
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Morning everyone...hope everyone's wknd went well...

So MissG, because you were oh so brave to put your measurements out there that time, it's been a month since I did mine so measured today so here's the stats...

Nov.14.......................... Dec.!4
Chest:43.......................... Chest: 42
Waist:34.5.......................... Waist:33.5
Hips:44.5........................... Hips:42.5
Thighs:24.......................... Thighs:22
Arms:14........................... Arns:13

For an overall total -9inches loss...

Anyone else game to measure and post?? MissG

So I'm pretty happy with the month's results and am not worried about the holiday approaching and cheating etc...helps when I see inches being lost even though the scale isn't moving super fast but all this will help me stay motivated...

Last edited by snarlycat; 12-14-2009 at 05:10 AM..
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 115
Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well.
startinova is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #374
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
That's interesting about the coconut oil! I love that stuff. Eat it plain off the spoon sometimes. YUM. Well, I decided to email my doctor (bless her heart for taking free email questions!) and she responded with, " I think Kolten's kidneys can handle the ketones -- very little of which will get through the breast milk. As long as you eat veggies, you'll both be fine. " YES!!!!! So glad. I feel like I have a new lease on life!
I am frustrated that there isn't enough recent info on this either!!! I do value my doc's opinion. She's a very intelligant woman that went to Harvard and can really explain things very thoroughly with whatever you have concerns on, or what to know information about. So this WOE gets to stick with me! So glad I didn't go off plan. May have been harder to get with the program!


I didn't eat anything today until 3:45pm. I was so stuffed from all my helping of dinner last night & rediwhip. I decided not to eat just to eat, but to wait until I got a hunger signal (which I rarely do anyways). Then I went to the gym and I actually RAN! Well, more like jogged, for 20 minutes straight. That's rare for me. I usually can't last 2 minutes! So that was nice. Did 45min cardio total, and lifted weights for biceps and triceps. My arms will be dead tomorrow! We're going to try and go to bed early tonight so I can go spinning in the morning at 5:45. I miss being a morning person! We'll see...

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Monday here we come...
I read in the Atkins book, DANDR 2002 ch. 18 LOL , that pregnant women and Nursing Mothers should not do ANY phase of Atkins diet. Dr. Atkins dosent explain why though. I dont think he's talking about Ketones, because when you are in maintenance you are out of Ketosis at that point. I dont understand what the harm would be. I think as long as you are getting plenty of veggies, and you are taking your vitamins you'll be fine. I agree with YOUR doctor.
Good job on the cardio! I am thinking about going to the gym today too. I have been trying to get up to running again, but I have lost all my endurance, 5 minutes what the extent of my job intervals last week. What type of excersized do you do for your bi's and tri's?
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Midlight, Sorry about your shoulder. When I do TJ my left elbow hurts. I think I have a small case of Tendinitis. I love diagnosing myself LOL. I hope you enjoy your Pilates, I used my pilates dvd one time. LOL I am so out of shape right now I CANT STAND IT!! I am also very unflexable. Sitting indian style (is that still appropriate to say that?) is really hard for me, I always fall backwards.
AKmama I have never done a spinning class. My friend goes to the one at the YMCA and she loves it, She says her legs always look so good when she goes to the classes. I wish there was one offered where I work out. My gym is located in the Hospital I work. Its really neat there and FREE. Free trainers, dietitians, etc.. I hope I didnt offend you about my last post to you about Breast Feeding. I remember reading about it before in DANDR so I had to double check it. Its hard being "as matter of fact" on here without sounding like a bossy know it all.
Joycelyn HIYA!!
Snarly Your inches are just blasting away girl!!! Good job! I want to re measure myself too, since I started excersizing again I want to measure now and then again in about 3 weeks to see if there is any head way. I left the measuring tape, my dh's measuring tape on the floor. HE HID IT!!! To teach me a lesson I guess??? What a butt! I am felling so,...... UGH!!!!! I need to shut up now.
Lawmom HI!! Good Morning! WOW size 12's now!!! Good Grief. If I were you I wouldnt buy any new clothes! They will not fit you within a week by your rate. That is so cool. How's your back doing these days? Did you get a new computer yet?
MIssGreen How are you! I hope your having a great start to your day. Kick those cravings to the curb! You need to get to onderland by Friday!! LOL
Hi C Working today or do you have a day off?
Startinova HIYA
Good morning to anyone else I missed
This weekend went great at work. Very busy,but it makes the days go by fast at least. Last night my DH got home from his parents and he picked up some McDonalds, He go me a double quarter pounder with cheese. I was happy with my Low calorie cycle day, 1100, but before I went to be it was 1649. LOL oh well, its only 90 more than my regular calorie days. My carbs for the day were total 23, 6 grams of fiber which is Terrible. We should at least have 20 a day. I need to find a way to do that.
I was at 139 this morning! Yippee, I was also back in ketosis as well. I am thinking now that this weight is probably where my body wants to sit. I have had quite a few people tell me this, my personal trainer, and a nutritionist at the Gym. Oh well, We'll see. I really wanted to see 135.. I may have to say bye bye to it.

Last edited by jamistar77; 12-14-2009 at 07:00 AM..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Thanks Jami....ya you could very well be right about where your body wants to sit...but likely measuring will give you another perspective as you can at least change the shape of your body so it looks slimmer, like you I'm exercising now too and that always helps not as intense as before as you know but something is better then nothing....I think after the New Year I'm going to tweak my workouts so I can implement weights again, right now it's just cardio and pilates and abs so I need more strengthening exercises again...as well as walking the dog almost daily and hiking on top of it all I'm doing okay...also need to fit in the Wii fit from time to time and now that John will be home this week we can box again...I adore the boxing on Wii, heart rate just hits the roof as I get right into it lol...
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlight21 View Post
YAY! I got my pilates DVD's in the mail. Now I just need my mat from my sister. Today's menu:

B: Almond meal pancakes, 2 cups coffee
L: Salmon in lemon butter sauce and broccoli w/cheese
D: Salmon in lemon butter sauce and spinach
S: Lots of water and green tea

Trying to get back on track with food and cooking low carb.
Let me know what you think of the DVD, I have a Pilates machine and do it on there and adore it and want to try the pilates on the ball at some point as well..bought a book but think I need to get a DVD so I can see it being done...
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone! Weight was actually up a pound but I am wearing a size 12 suit today that I have not been able to wear in a couple of years ....So I am excited. Weekend was fun and kind of uneventful other than visiting my mom. Hope everyone had a great weekend. TTTL.
That is just so thrilling...so proud and happy for you...but ya I agree with Jami...at your rate I wouldn't buy much you're losing baby in a very good way!!!
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #379
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone! Weight was actually up a pound but I am wearing a size 12 suit today that I have not been able to wear in a couple of years ....So I am excited. Weekend was fun and kind of uneventful other than visiting my mom. Hope everyone had a great weekend. TTTL.
Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats on getting into that size 12 suit! Feels good doesn't it?
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
So MissG, because you were oh so brave to put your measurements out there that time, it's been a month since I did mine so measured today so here's the stats...

Nov.14.......................... Dec.!4
Chest:43.......................... Chest: 42
Waist:34.5.......................... Waist:33.5
Hips:44.5........................... Hips:42.5
Thighs:24.......................... Thighs:22
Arms:14........................... Arns:13

For an overall total -9inches loss...

Anyone else game to measure and post?? MissG

So I'm pretty happy with the month's results and am not worried about the holiday approaching and cheating etc...helps when I see inches being lost even though the scale isn't moving super fast but all this will help me stay motivated...
YAY! This is awesome!!!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
I read in the Atkins book, DANDR 2002 ch. 18 LOL , that pregnant women and Nursing Mothers should not do ANY phase of Atkins diet. Dr. Atkins dosent explain why though. I dont think he's talking about Ketones, because when you are in maintenance you are out of Ketosis at that point. I dont understand what the harm would be. I think as long as you are getting plenty of veggies, and you are taking your vitamins you'll be fine. I agree with YOUR doctor.
Good job on the cardio! I am thinking about going to the gym today too. I have been trying to get up to running again, but I have lost all my endurance, 5 minutes what the extent of my job intervals last week. What type of excersized do you do for your bi's and tri's?
I'm guessing it's because you're not suppose to diet when nursing??...but K is so old now that he's not relying on my milk as his top nourishment so I don't have to worry about losing my supply as a newer mother nursing a 6 month old. That's why WW made a nursing Mom's program...basically you just get 500 extra calories (or 10 points rather) than you normally would to be able to lose weight.
I did two sets of:
Standing curls, seated incline curls, preacher curls, cable rope hammer curls (3 sets). For Tri's I did two sets of: overhead press, close grip (like bench press,but palms face each other & you keep your upper arm + elbow against the body, so it targets tri's instead of pecs), tricep pulldown, cable rope pull downs (3 sets--love this one!), reverse kick-backs on a machine. My arms are so sore! My biceps were so fatigued I couldn't even curl 15s 4x's at the end, which is my warm-up weight!
I hope to keep up with the running. I was only a runner once in my life (04') & worked myself up to an hour. I want to get there again! You'll get your endurance back..just takes time =)
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
LawMom~ That's AWESOME GIRL!! I bet you were so thrilled to get into that =) Hope everything is well with your Mom. Glad you made it home safe too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
AKmama I have never done a spinning class. My friend goes to the one at the YMCA and she loves it, She says her legs always look so good when she goes to the classes. I wish there was one offered where I work out. My gym is located in the Hospital I work. Its really neat there and FREE. Free trainers, dietitians, etc.. I hope I didnt offend you about my last post to you about Breast Feeding. I remember reading about it before in DANDR so I had to double check it. Its hard being "as matter of fact" on here without sounding like a bossy know it all.
This weekend went great at work. Very busy,but it makes the days go by fast at least. Last night my DH got home from his parents and he picked up some McDonalds, He go me a double quarter pounder with cheese. I was happy with my Low calorie cycle day, 1100, but before I went to be it was 1649. LOL oh well, its only 90 more than my regular calorie days. My carbs for the day were total 23, 6 grams of fiber which is Terrible. We should at least have 20 a day. I need to find a way to do that.
I was at 139 this morning! Yippee, I was also back in ketosis as well. I am thinking now that this weight is probably where my body wants to sit. I have had quite a few people tell me this, my personal trainer, and a nutritionist at the Gym. Oh well, We'll see. I really wanted to see 135.. I may have to say bye bye to it.
I didn't think that even once?! Crazy girl. I welcome any and all opinions and don't take things personally (beyond reason) I'm always super low on the fiber spectrum now as well. *sigh* Flax muffins? I don't know...more veggies I suppose?
I was 139 too. Dang it for me, but good for you! Do you know your current bf%? That's awesome you get all that free help! Maybe for now just focus on tone and with that you'll blast fat in the process while gaining sleek muscle? My gym membership is free too since I massage there, so wouldn't pay for anywhere else! I didn't make it to spinning. Didn't get DS down until 12:30am, so no way I was getting up at 5am when I don't HAVE to. Maybe by Wednesday!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone! Weight was actually up a pound but I am wearing a size 12 suit today that I have not been able to wear in a couple of years ....So I am excited. Weekend was fun and kind of uneventful other than visiting my mom. Hope everyone had a great weekend. TTTL.
How awesome is that Tara!!!! Yippee! Oh yah...I think its almost time for your monthly pic, isnt it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Morning everyone...hope everyone's wknd went well...

So MissG, because you were oh so brave to put your measurements out there that time, it's been a month since I did mine so measured today so here's the stats...

Nov.14.......................... Dec.!4
Chest:43.......................... Chest: 42
Waist:34.5.......................... Waist:33.5
Hips:44.5........................... Hips:42.5
Thighs:24.......................... Thighs:22
Arms:14........................... Arns:13

For an overall total -9inches loss...


WOW That a good loss in inches for a month. Your Hips and thighs went down good! I am going to do mine too but Im going to give it a few days until The bloat of TOM has complelty left the building. So On wednesday or friday I will be measuring for sure. I cant wait to see what inches I have lost if any. lol....

Anyone else game to measure and post?? MissG

So I'm pretty happy with the month's results and am not worried about the holiday approaching and cheating etc...helps when I see inches being lost even though the scale isn't moving super fast but all this will help me stay motivated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well.
Goodmornin my Southern Bell..How'd the weekend treat you?
MissG is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #384
Senior LCF Member
 
CBussey64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 326
Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Midlight, Sorry about your shoulder. When I do TJ my left elbow hurts. I think I have a small case of Tendinitis. I love diagnosing myself LOL. I hope you enjoy your Pilates, I used my pilates dvd one time. LOL I am so out of shape right now I CANT STAND IT!! I am also very unflexable. Sitting indian style (is that still appropriate to say that?) is really hard for me, I always fall backwards.
AKmama I have never done a spinning class. My friend goes to the one at the YMCA and she loves it, She says her legs always look so good when she goes to the classes. I wish there was one offered where I work out. My gym is located in the Hospital I work. Its really neat there and FREE. Free trainers, dietitians, etc.. I hope I didnt offend you about my last post to you about Breast Feeding. I remember reading about it before in DANDR so I had to double check it. Its hard being "as matter of fact" on here without sounding like a bossy know it all.
Joycelyn HIYA!!
Snarly Your inches are just blasting away girl!!! Good job! I want to re measure myself too, since I started excersizing again I want to measure now and then again in about 3 weeks to see if there is any head way. I left the measuring tape, my dh's measuring tape on the floor. HE HID IT!!! To teach me a lesson I guess??? What a butt! I am felling so,...... UGH!!!!! I need to shut up now.
Lawmom HI!! Good Morning! WOW size 12's now!!! Good Grief. If I were you I wouldnt buy any new clothes! They will not fit you within a week by your rate. That is so cool. How's your back doing these days? Did you get a new computer yet?
MIssGreen How are you! I hope your having a great start to your day. Kick those cravings to the curb! You need to get to onderland by Friday!! LOL
Hi C Working today or do you have a day off?
Startinova HIYA
Good morning to anyone else I missed
This weekend went great at work. Very busy,but it makes the days go by fast at least. Last night my DH got home from his parents and he picked up some McDonalds, He go me a double quarter pounder with cheese. I was happy with my Low calorie cycle day, 1100, but before I went to be it was 1649. LOL oh well, its only 90 more than my regular calorie days. My carbs for the day were total 23, 6 grams of fiber which is Terrible. We should at least have 20 a day. I need to find a way to do that.
I was at 139 this morning! Yippee, I was also back in ketosis as well. I am thinking now that this weight is probably where my body wants to sit. I have had quite a few people tell me this, my personal trainer, and a nutritionist at the Gym. Oh well, We'll see. I really wanted to see 135.. I may have to say bye bye to it.

Working ... surprise, surprise!!!

Tummy's been acting up ... not sure if it's the fat I'm eating or what ...

Today's been light:

Breakfast:
4 turkey sausage with mustard
33 oz water

Lunch:
I originally got 2 hunks of turkey and 2 servings of sauteed mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes ... well I ate about 1/4 of the turkey and mushrooms and had to stop, just full.
16 oz of Diet Decaf Coke

Snack:
2 little tubs of cream cheese with splenda

Dinner:
Taco meat, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream
Pork Rinds
33 oz water
CBussey64 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
hi everyone! Sounds like you all are doing very well today!
AKmama, I was so envious reading your post about working out. I miss it, and I am going to print out some workouts again. There are some good ideas on there. My current bf% as of october was 17.3%. I would really like 15%, after I start lifting and running it should get there.
it is so cold today, and snowing again. Have a great night everyone!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Hey C...my tummy was acting up too...thankfully this morning some of that was resolved, I really hate that bunged up feeling...

Did 30mins on the treadmill, just walking at a brisk pace at 7%incline then did 30mins on the bike then just abs...Also made an appt to see the Dr next week for my knee/hip this is getting to much even though I hated to see the Dr again as I'm a bit fed up with the results I get it's not gotten any better so figured I better get them to check it out that I need a referral for phsyio as well...blah....not on the physio part but just on seeing a Dr again...I didn't want the poor dog today so I think I might get bundled up and got walk around town and check out people's Xmas lights..I love that...

Todays' menu was

B-Shake
L-Eggs/bacon
S-Cheese
D-Beef strips and stir fried veggies
and that's it...

Ok I'm outta here!
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member
 
CBussey64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 326
Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Hey C...my tummy was acting up too...thankfully this morning some of that was resolved, I really hate that bunged up feeling...

Did 30mins on the treadmill, just walking at a brisk pace at 7%incline then did 30mins on the bike then just abs...Also made an appt to see the Dr next week for my knee/hip this is getting to much even though I hated to see the Dr again as I'm a bit fed up with the results I get it's not gotten any better so figured I better get them to check it out that I need a referral for phsyio as well...blah....not on the physio part but just on seeing a Dr again...I didn't want the poor dog today so I think I might get bundled up and got walk around town and check out people's Xmas lights..I love that...

Todays' menu was

B-Shake
L-Eggs/bacon
S-Cheese
D-Beef strips and stir fried veggies
and that's it...

Ok I'm outta here!
Unfortunately it's not the bunged up I'm having it's the opposite.
CBussey64 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #388
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
Unfortunately it's not the bunged up I'm having it's the opposite.
lol..ohhhhhhhhhhhh OKAY... ummm trade ya
snarlycat is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member
 
CBussey64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 326
Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
lol..ohhhhhhhhhhhh OKAY... ummm trade ya
No problem!!!!
CBussey64 is offline  
Old 12-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
yikes... All kind of GI issues! I was also feeling queezy today. It just went away with no events to speak of LOL hope you girls are feeling better.
jamistar77 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.