Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
I kid you not, this is what he said to me. Quote "I'm not on call, he's her problem. I've got poker tonight!"

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called his son a "problem"??? It turns out my friend had called him first because his place is 10 minutes from the hospital. He could have easily picked up his son!!
Ladies, tell me why!!!! people are like this!!!

It turned out she was fine, but the recovery from the spinal tap was long. My friend ended up staying with me for five days. Her ex tells me he's sorry she was such a "hardship" on me as he's picking his ds for ONE of those days!!!
WOW...
How could someone be like that? I have no idea. No clue. Hardship? Please. You were being a great friend. He needs to put himself in other peoples' shoes sometime. If it were him, how would he feel? I bet he wouldn't be too happy if his poker buddy friends were too busy to help him out in an emergency! Ugh. I will never get people like this. Good thing he's an EX! I sure hope that their son doesn't know his own father didn't want to comfort him and that he was pawned off like that.
I'm glad your friend is healing and that it wasn't serious. You are a great friend!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
everyones had a busy day I see!

Lawmom great loss for the week.....Im so proud of you!!!

Jami...You feel better in no time..just keep it up!!!

C...Hiya hun!!!

Startinova...whatsup girl!!!!!

Squad...that's one messed up dad!!! Sounds like my oldest daughters dad though..or something my own dad would say/do! Men are arses for sure!!!

Akmama......Hey girlie.....staying away from the PB balls and nuts are we?? lol....lil sabotagers!!!!

Well...Feeling a bit of cold coming on AGAIN!!! Since I have been doing this WOE I have been more sick then I have been in years. It sucks. .....Like my immunity is just shot with out high carbs and tons of bad fats! argh.....

Well I posted my friday weight on the other thread.........or you can look at my siggy!!!!

I have some things to do right now I will check in in a bit!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
What's up with all us sickies??? I hope we ALL get better soon. Work has been a b**** this week.....so so busy so I'm just checking in. I'm alive, still sick but getting better.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

YAY OLIVIA!! Only 2 more pounds!!! You must be thrilled!!!

Midlight~ I agree--let's kick these colds to the curb. Sorry about work. Hang in there!

I skipped my workouts for the past 2 days...so made myself go to the gym tonight. Feel so much better! I feel so blue and unmotivated when I don't workout. I really hate the lack of daylight in the winter. My Menu has been good (did sneak in some nuts, then threw them on top of the cabinets where I can't reach without some serious effort!). DH hardboiled all the eggs inthe fridge this morning so I was sad to not have my usual morning omelette...actually, more like pissed!
B: 1 HB egg, 2 small maple sausage patties, 1/2c macadamias
S: tall whole milk latte w/ SF caramel syrup
L: salad with teriyaki chicken & blue cheese
S: colby cheese & half a burger
D: Hotwings w/ blue cheese dressing

And I think here shortly I am going to slice up 3/4 an avacado & drizzle evoo & balsamic vinegar on it. MMmmm

Hope everyone had a great LC Friday!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Joycelyn, That is terrible that your friends EX acted that way! I hope that HIS son didnt hear, or doesent ever have to hear his father reffer to him as a problem. I could go on, and on about this but I wont.
AKmama, Monday it is! I have been doing pretty good these last couple days with keeping my carbs around the 15 range, I just need to focus on portion control, I can really put down some food and I think thats my problem. Man, your menus always sound so good.
Startinova. You sure are working hard on this retreat! I think you have put together a very awesome thing here! I hope that it'll work out!
Midlight. I agree, whats up with the sick ick! Im going to work today though. Im feeling a little better. I have been drinking this wellness tea with all these vits, and echinesea, hopefully it will work on getting me better.
MissGreen, Great job on your HUGE LOSS!!! Im so excited you are past that stubborn weight! Ohmigosh, onederland is only 2 pounds away, so close. Maybe by next Fridays weigh in you'll be 198!!!! Fingers xx
Old 12-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone!

Liv: Congrats on your loss as well. You will be in onederland before you know it.

Squadleader: What a jerk. I know it is not a "nice" way to think but I always hope that it is the people like that man who end up old and alone with no one who cares. That poor baby deserves so much better ...

Well, I've got to get up and get moving. Going to see my mom in Houston. She is having some health problems right now and I want to just go down and see her. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
[FONT="Tahoma"]Good Morning

Well I got on scale, still 258 ... it hasn't moved BUT I know my clothes are looser because before I started this I couldn't fit these scrub pants ... WTH? I'm confused .... I'm not giving up though simply because I FEEL better.

We went for Mexican last night ...

I had steak fajita's nekkid with some pico and sour cream and some chicharonnes (Fried pork fat ...can it GET any better) dipped in sour cream and hot sauce. I was so stuffed .... and I didn't even eat that much of the fajita's.

Breakfast today:
2 egg whites
4 turkey sausage
33 oz water

That's all I know so far. Have no idea what's in the cafeteria today.

Hope you all are having a fantastic day .... it's going to be mid 40's today, a true heatwave.

I can't wait for Thursday to come to go see my kids.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: babsaroo
Stats: 267/207/167
WOE: WLS 10-07-10- mod carb
I am disgusted with my lack of losing pounds, my gaining weight, and now my increase in cholesterol since June.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to be more strict....I need to count calories.

Where is the best place to go to figure out my calories/fat/carbs/protein for low carb dieting?? I went to one site and when I changed their carb/fat/protein count recommendations they got all weird. Go figure!!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi babs.. Some of us use different free sites. I use MyPlate, It will give you a pie graph of the % of protein, fat and carbs for the day. Also it has tools you can calculate how many calories to consume for your height, weight, and weight loss goals. The food data base is huge as well! All of linda sue's recipes are in there, are you familiar with Linda from this site?? She has great recipes . I have to count calories too unfortunetly. At first I didnt but, Im coming to the conclusion that I have to. When I first lost weight on induction my cholesterol went up 100 points from last year. Most peoples cholesterol will go up naturally with initial weight loss, such as triglicerides, especially if its fast weight loss. But if you wait a couple months you will see that it will go down again.

Last edited by jamistar77; 12-12-2009 at 08:46 AM..
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Tara. I hope you mom will be doing better and that its nothing that serious. Have a safe trip to Houston!
C. Im sorry your not losing!! WTH. Well since you are losing inches thats great. I just wish that the scale would move... Good girl on not giving up, because if you did you will gain all of it back. Plus your menus look so good. I have discovered that calories really do come into play, more so than what DANDR says. He basically says to keep your calorie intake above 1500, but for a woman not to exceed 2000. Of course closer you get to goal the more you need to keep an eye on lowering calories a day.. Do you log your foods? Maybe watch your calories too just to make sure you are getting enough, but not too much. worth a try at least.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Hi Tara. I hope you mom will be doing better and that its nothing that serious. Have a safe trip to Houston!
C. Im sorry your not losing!! WTH. Well since you are losing inches thats great. I just wish that the scale would move... Good girl on not giving up, because if you did you will gain all of it back. Plus your menus look so good. I have discovered that calories really do come into play, more so than what DANDR says. He basically says to keep your calorie intake above 1500, but for a woman not to exceed 2000. Of course closer you get to goal the more you need to keep an eye on lowering calories a day.. Do you log your foods? Maybe watch your calories too just to make sure you are getting enough, but not too much. worth a try at least.

I use ****** most of the time and my calories are usually under 2000 ... I'll keep plugging along. It will move. It will!!!! I'm happy with inches.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here is my menu for the day. Already logged into my plate
B. scoop scrammbled eggs, 3 pc bacon
L. Salad, with 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower, 1 grape tomato, 5 radish slices, dressing, grated cheese, hamburger patty cut up on on it, like a taco salad I have this every weekend at work. Not much to choose from. Either soup that looks like gravy, or breaded meat.
Snack, summer sausage and cheese. I ordered this from a co worker (student) doing a fund raiser, and the order came in today. My coworker and I can have this for a snack later today
D. shake
Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, I was looking at my stats under my signature, and my weight hasnt changed really since the end of october. Actually my weight hasnt changed since the day 14 of induction.... Weird, WTH!!!! This is what happened to me the first time I did Atkins last spring. I got down to 137, gained 2 pounds and stayed there the whole time. Thats why I got off plan and quit. This is rediculous. I seriously cannot lose weight! I know I dont have a lot to lose, but good grief, 5 pounds.... come on already!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wow, I was looking at my stats under my signature, and my weight hasnt changed really since the end of october. Actually my weight hasnt changed since the day 14 of induction.... Weird, WTH!!!! This is what happened to me the first time I did Atkins last spring. I got down to 137, gained 2 pounds and stayed there the whole time. Thats why I got off plan and quit. This is rediculous. I seriously cannot lose weight! I know I dont have a lot to lose, but good grief, 5 pounds.... come on already!!!!!!!
I am feeling this right now too. After a couple of non-gym days, I went right after work last night and hit it hard. Felt so good! Tracked all my food, was at 1900 cal 77% fat even! 25g total carbs. What does the scale tell me today? 139! Frick. I haven't seen that number in a while. I was hoping for 136 since I've been so close. Okay girl, it's game time. I can't WAIT to go grocery shopping tomorrow now to get this VLC stuff going on. It's like my body is challenging me & it's pissing me offffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawmom~ I hope everything is okay. Have a good visit with your Mom.

C~ We're having naked fajitas tonight too! I can't wait. I lovvvve fajitas. Just keep plugging along...whooshie fairy will come visit if you're losing those inches still!

Babs~ I can understand your frusteration. This happened to me too. My cholesterol went up and over where it is suppose to be for the first time. I'm going to have to start counting calories too. My website of choice is ***********.com just because I've had an account there for a few years and love it. I see a lot of people on here talk about ****** too.

It's Saturday...I have two house-calls. Then we're starting to pack up the townhome to get ready for our big trip to Portugal for 3 months.

Hope you're all having a great day and are able to stay on plan!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
I am feeling this right now too. After a couple of non-gym days, I went right after work last night and hit it hard. Felt so good! Tracked all my food, was at 1900 cal 77% fat even! 25g total carbs. What does the scale tell me today? 139! Frick. I haven't seen that number in a while. I was hoping for 136 since I've been so close. Okay girl, it's game time. I can't WAIT to go grocery shopping tomorrow now to get this VLC stuff going on. It's like my body is challenging me & it's pissing me offffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
139! Awww, sorry... That was literally a slap in the face. Especially when you feel like you are doing everything right. It seems like you are doing everything right. Dr Atkins says above 15oo and below 2000 for calories, and fat should be around 60%??? How about your protein? Too much can turn into gycogen. With your weight it should be around 90-110g. I dont know. You know alot about excersize and nutrition, im just shouting out suggestions
So far with my menu today, I tracked all my foods from this morning to what I am going to have tonight. 1278 calories, 19 total carbs, 8g fiber, 92 protein and 65% fat. If I can do this for the next couple weeks, I should be able to make that scale move!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
139! Awww, sorry... That was literally a slap in the face. Especially when you feel like you are doing everything right. It seems like you are doing everything right. Dr Atkins says above 15oo and below 2000 for calories, and fat should be around 60%??? How about your protein? Too much can turn into gycogen. With your weight it should be around 90-110g. I dont know. You know alot about excersize and nutrition, im just shouting out suggestions
So far with my menu today, I tracked all my foods from this morning to what I am going to have tonight. 1278 calories, 19 total carbs, 8g fiber, 92 protein and 65% fat. If I can do this for the next couple weeks, I should be able to make that scale move!
Good job with planning ahead! With those #s the scale is sure to move. I made DH go tothe store late last night because we were out of eggs. Going to make me some up now! =) I do have to eat slightly on the higher end because I'm a nursing mama.
Was a slap in the face! Ughhh...My fat% is usually at 70% but I think it was the damn nuts again making it higher. My protein was only at 86g...so not too high, but could stand a few more g's. I like suggestions, this is my first time with Atkins! To be honest, I've never read the book...just what I've heard and gathered online. Maybe it's time to invest.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AKmama, well you seem like you have gathered good info for not reading the book! I didnt know much about the percentages either until I started really studying it. But even though all the knowlegde ive gained, Im still unsucessful it seems like.
Sounds like you'll have plenty of eggs now, LOL Hard boiled especially!!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Do any of you ladies log in your foods on any online sites such as ****** or MyPlate. I use myplate, and when I log in my work outs, it will give me net cals for the day. So if i consumed 1500 calories for the day , and my work out burned 400 calories, then it will say my net calories are 1100. When MyPlate does this its confusing. Sometimes I work out before I eat anything. Then when I log in my work out it will say -400 calories for my intake. So I always have a deficit. Makes sense, but, should I go off of my net calories then, or my total calories??? UGGHHHH! LOL
Are these free Jami or do you pay for them? I just jot down in a notebook what I ate and what the carbs were, I used to have a great template on my computer with Excel but got lazy and stop using it...
Old 12-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Evening everyone...this darn holiday season is keeping me busy, too busy to log online lol but just did a quick scan to see how's everyone faring....

WTG Miss G you're nearly there!
I bet your frustrated Jami on those horrid little 5lbs that seem to want to hang onto you forever..but have you measured yourself?

I'm still at 197 those pounds don't want to budge for the moment..likely cause I haven't worked out much the past several days...knee/hip were causing me too much grief so just took it easy, but went on the bike Thurs/Friday to ease into it again so not too bad today...clothes are still getting looser and will be measuring myself Monday so will see what changes have happend in a month...

have been busy doing the Xmas baking..why I'm not sure and why I'm making things I love is beyond me lol but happily I haven't snuck a bite or taste of the stuff so it's good..

So a quick question..when you're becoming constipated what do you guys take? I've used Pslyium (sp?) husks mixed with water but it's not doing much so am looking to try something else...I hate that feeling...gross topic sorry but HELP lol
Old 12-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Sounds like you'll have plenty of eggs now, LOL Hard boiled especially!!
YES!!!!!!! We go through 5doz eggs like it's our job...pretty quick. Weekly. Just a fight over the fresh and hard boiled!

Hi Snarly! I think they're all free. It's really nice. I eat a lot of the same things, and on *********** it lets me just copy a meal from another day into my current day...saves on time. Stores your fav foods, etc. I can't imagine doing it long hand and typing into excel! THAT'S DEDICATION! You're a brave woman to be baking. I have no self control. I hope you're able to stay away! For a visit to the porcelain goddess, I haven't had much trouble. I noticed since I've been having the flax muffins I've had better successes. But recently I had to buckle down and drink some "Smooth move" tea. It's in your natural section at the grocery store in w/ the teas. Comes in a regular tea box, with regular tea bags. Drink before bed & will work it's magic while you're sleeping so you can wake up to a nice visit to the loo. Don't let it steep too long though...or you might get crampy and have SEVERAL visits to the loo in the a.m.! I buy the chocolate smooth move...I hate the original more. Yes I said more, both aren't very tasty, but that's JMO. I have to add splenda. Good luck!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Evening everyone...this darn holiday season is keeping me busy, too busy to log online lol but just did a quick scan to see how's everyone faring....

WTG Miss G you're nearly there!

Thank you....its been a long time coming...Ill be very excited and happy once I get under the new starting line..lol!

I bet your frustrated Jami on those horrid little 5lbs that seem to want to hang onto you forever..but have you measured yourself?

I'm still at 197 those pounds don't want to budge for the moment..likely cause I haven't worked out much the past several days...knee/hip were causing me too much grief so just took it easy, but went on the bike Thurs/Friday to ease into it again so not too bad today...clothes are still getting looser and will be measuring myself Monday so will see what changes have happend in a month...

have been busy doing the Xmas baking..why I'm not sure and why I'm making things I love is beyond me lol but happily I haven't snuck a bite or taste of the stuff so it's good..

So a quick question..when you're becoming constipated what do you guys take? I've used Pslyium (sp?) husks mixed with water but it's not doing much so am looking to try something else...I hate that feeling...gross topic sorry but HELP lol

I know I had a few "issues" when I first started, I also found that I wasnt drinking nearly as much water as I needed to then either. So I upped my water intake and it helped the situation out perfectly.
Quote:
YES!!!!!!! We go through 5doz eggs like it's our job...pretty quick. Weekly. Just a fight over the fresh and hard boiled!

Hi Snarly! I think they're all free. It's really nice. I eat a lot of the same things, and on *********** it lets me just copy a meal from another day into my current day...saves on time. Stores your fav foods, etc. I can't imagine doing it long hand and typing into excel! THAT'S DEDICATION! You're a brave woman to be baking. I have no self control. I hope you're able to stay away! For a visit to the porcelain goddess, I haven't had much trouble. I noticed since I've been having the flax muffins I've had better successes. But recently I had to buckle down and drink some "Smooth move" tea. It's in your natural section at the grocery store in w/ the teas. Comes in a regular tea box, with regular tea bags. Drink before bed & will work it's magic while you're sleeping so you can wake up to a nice visit to the loo. Don't let it steep too long though...or you might get crampy and have SEVERAL visits to the loo in the a.m.! I buy the chocolate smooth move...I hate the original more. Yes I said more, both aren't very tasty, but that's JMO. I have to add splenda. Good luck!!!

"Smooth Move".....OMIGoodneSS!! Not lauging at the situation..but oh wow...what a name for the product. too funny!

Thank you all ladies for such wonderful words. Its much appreciated. Lawmom..I hope your trip to see your mom went well. Jami..are you feeling better yet?

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.......
Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

I went and got a new scale. Its the ones that do body fat, bmi and bone density(weight) and body water. Pretty nifty!! So of course I jumped on after I ate dinner..lol. and reading what I had wrote about my bmi and body fat on 11/12 I think? my readings were 52% body fat and BMI was 32. So now my readings are: Body Fat 38.7%, BMI 30.8(almost close to being JUST overwieght not obese anymore) , my bones weigh 6.2lbs(wierd to find that out ) and I am 44.7% water. All this is cool and weird at the same time lol!!!

So yah...that is my excitement for the night...lmao!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Olivia! Cool scale! I want one! LOL Seems like you are doing a super job! Im so happy for you to get that scale moving again, and it seems to be going consistanty in the right direction!
Snarly, Sorry to hear about your tummy troubles I hate that. I take this stuff called colon cleanse made by Arbonne. Its something you take every night, a little herbal pill. I cant live without that! I never miss a day of taking it. LOL I would take it with me to an uninhabited Island. LOL I buy it on eby for about $12 with shipping. Its not laxative effect, but it makes you very regular, everyday regular with no urgency, OK TMI but thats what we are here for right. For adivce and to help each other out.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Ok ladies I'll scout out some of those things for the tummy issue, can't say I have ever seen that Smooth Move tea in our tea aisles at the grocery store AKmama, unfortunately in Canada we can't always get the same products as the USA... *sigh* I still miss the shopping lol...

MissG I drink vast amounts of water daily so it's not that and I don't think I could possibly drink more lol or I'll float away as it is I pee like every 15mins it seems (not quite but seems that way sometimes)...

Also AKmama, I'm not sure why I'm doing the baking it's like a test for myself I suppose, I sat there looking at the butter tarts thinking yum yum yum but then thought how much is it worth it this time..eat one would likely lead to three or so and then all my weight loss so far would be for naught and I don't want to be that way anymore so it's actually gotten pretty easy, just need to keep the awful image of me in my head and as I end this lol I'm off to do some more baking lol....
Old 12-13-2009, 07:14 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies (& Gents if you're on here) ...Hope everyone is having a fantastic morning.

So last night was the usual "What do you want for dinner" so we went shopping ...and ended up with a snacky dinner ... Made some of the cheese mini cocktail weenies, some BBQ pork rinds dipped in sour cream mixed with garlic powder and pepper. I made about 12 pepperoni chips and had some seltzer with lime / cranberry ... sugar free and oh so good. I was stuffed and felt like I had been at a part.

Breakfast today:
4 of those little cocktail weenies
Earl Gray tea with 3/4 water, 1/4 HWC and 2 splenda's
4 turkey sausage with some mustard

Not sure about lunch yet.

Dinner will be taco's ... but for me taco salad. The only bad part is my hubs makes the most delicious homemade refried beans ... I told him to save me all the yummo bacon that he fries up to make his beans in .... I know he doesn't always understand what I don't eat ... and he used to eat this way with me. Oh well, I'll have a taco salad.

I still don't understand how I can look like I'm losing, feel like I'm losing and the scale not be moving ... can someone please explain this to me? Is there information about this somewhere? Is this normal? I'm not complaining just want to understand it.

Only 3 more days after today and I am outta here, I can't wait.

On to payroll, gotta make the RN's happy!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlycat View Post
Ok ladies I'll scout out some of those things for the tummy issue, can't say I have ever seen that Smooth Move tea in our tea aisles at the grocery store AKmama, unfortunately in Canada we can't always get the same products as the USA... *sigh* I still miss the shopping lol...
Snarly, there is another tea called "Ballarina Tea," or "Dieters Tea" located in the tea isle. You'll just have to search around for something like it.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
Good Morning Ladies (& Gents if you're on here) ...Hope everyone is having a fantastic morning.

So last night was the usual "What do you want for dinner" so we went shopping ...and ended up with a snacky dinner ... Made some of the cheese mini cocktail weenies, some BBQ pork rinds dipped in sour cream mixed with garlic powder and pepper. I made about 12 pepperoni chips and had some seltzer with lime / cranberry ... sugar free and oh so good. I was stuffed and felt like I had been at a part.

Breakfast today:
4 of those little cocktail weenies
Earl Gray tea with 3/4 water, 1/4 HWC and 2 splenda's
4 turkey sausage with some mustard

Not sure about lunch yet.

Dinner will be taco's ... but for me taco salad. The only bad part is my hubs makes the most delicious homemade refried beans ... I told him to save me all the yummo bacon that he fries up to make his beans in .... I know he doesn't always understand what I don't eat ... and he used to eat this way with me. Oh well, I'll have a taco salad.

I still don't understand how I can look like I'm losing, feel like I'm losing and the scale not be moving ... can someone please explain this to me? Is there information about this somewhere? Is this normal? I'm not complaining just want to understand it.

Only 3 more days after today and I am outta here, I can't wait.

On to payroll, gotta make the RN's happy!!!!
C. I wish I could give you some logical information about the scale hesitation.. I do know, that, if you lose a lot of weight really fast, more than your body can catch up with, your body will naturally fill those areas with water, and it tries to hang on for dear life. In the mean time you are still losing fat. This can take weeks by the way. Then all of a sudden, it cant hold on any longer and WHOOSH!!! Its gone!! Someone told me that on another thread before. It made sense to me. Unfortunelty my body is still holding steady since September 30th!! Frustrating!!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDesigner View Post
HERE YOU GUYS ARE!
I found you.
I've missed you like craaaaaazy.
SO glad to be back online again!!!
YAY, Graphic!! Glad to see you found us! How are things going??
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Nothing exciting to report today. Actually up again ....whatsup with that?? I was 202.6 yesterday and up to 203.6 today. lmao....So I ate one of the Carls Jr LC $6 dollar cheeseburgers for dinner last nite...retention is a mutha!!! anyways I still will be at an new low for weight in tomorrow.....Im assuming. Its all good! TOM is still not here....Although It should be here for sure by nitefall...If not?????OYE! j/k. I hope I am joking..lmao...Im gonna shut it up now!

I'm very cranky with the hun buns today. I went off on a tangent earlier about him grabbing the few things we needed at the store and that I was suppose to do it. Hormonal much...Very much so! So Im just gonna keep my trap shut cuase right now I might just keep saying things that will just lead to a downward spiral. Poor him...lol.

Anyways..hows everyones day going so far?
Olivia, !I spoke about my pre-TOM issues. NO ONE is safe It used to bother me if dh asked if I was "on the rag," but now I stare him down and say "Yes, RUN!!"
AND a big CONGRATS on your new weight. so close!
I have one of the scales that measure % of fat and such. Very cool!
Hope you feel better!

Jami, THANK YOU for the spinach soup recipe. I adore spinach and LOVE Italian wedding soup. Will try this one for sure. You should post it to lwf recipe section!!

Midlight, I'm sorry you are still feeling sick. Yes, I hope all feel better soon...

Barb,
I'm not sure why this is the case, but my cholesterol actually went way down after starting Atkins 10years ago. I did a before and after this time, too. I've done more cheating this time around, but overall, the trend is downward. Not sure what to think. Is it a complete cholesterol check? HDL/LDL and triglylerides.
I like ****** per Jami's recommendation, but am thinking about Myplate since she like that. She is the thread's guru on calories, carbs and tracking
Hang in there, C. It sometimes take a while for everything to catch up. Important that YOU are feeling better, more energized!!
I'm on Facebook and will look you up!

AKmama, I lived in Portugal! Why the extended stay? I miss the people, the food...

Snarly, if you are drinking enough water and taking fiber, not sure what the deal is. I have tried Dieter's Tea when I'm desperate, but be prepared for extra trips...

I'm so glad to be caught up here! Is that OCD of me...

What I know to be true...I'M WORTH IT!!!

Sucess is MINE!!

Last edited by SquadLeader; 12-13-2009 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

C~ Do you track your foods on one of the websites? When I was stalling big time in the beginning it was because my sodium was through the roof from sausages and pre-packages meats. I might try tracking all your foods for a couple days and see. I know they're easier choices, but that sodium will cause some retaining. Just a thought! You're doing everything right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader;12857934[B
AKmama, I lived in Portugal! Why the extended stay? I miss the people, the food...[/B]
Ah me too. I went to massage school there in 2004 as an exchange program that is based out of Vermont. I'm going back to be the assistant teacher! I'm so thrilled to get out of here for winter to warmer climates. I went back for vacation in 2005...love it there too. The course is in Praia da Luz, right next to Lagos. Where did you live? My Mom is coming to be Nanny/Grandma, and DH is moving in with my Dad. They'll bach it out while we're gone! Of course they'll come visit, we'll skype, etc. I've been dreaming of chicken piri-piri & pastel da nadas! I promised no pastel's until the last day...those babies are delish!

Well ladies, I have a bit of a problem with this WOE now. I was poking around last night on here and found out that you're not suppose to be in ketosis while breastfeeding because the ketones pass through the milk onto the infant and there is no research yet that says it's safe. I certainly don't want to "chance it"...I'm so torn, upset, and want a donut! lol. He's only a nurser a couple times during the day, and at night. He's obviously a bit older...part of me wants to wean so I can continue & be selfish...the other part is so lost! The threads say you can eat maintanence style to lose, but if I'm barely losing on semi-induction, will I really lose on lots more carbs?! My mind is wondering if I should try (I'm scared to eat all those carbs!), or if I should join WW again, or try LF, or calorie count and eat whatever, but healthy. Ugh, I'm so upset! I was s upset last night I ate almost 1/2 a can of rediwhip straight from the can. Got a bad headache from it.

Last edited by AKmama08; 12-13-2009 at 01:12 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
C~ Do you track your foods on one of the websites? When I was stalling big time in the beginning it was because my sodium was through the roof from sausages and pre-packages meats. I might try tracking all your foods for a couple days and see. I know they're easier choices, but that sodium will cause some retaining. Just a thought! You're doing everything right!

Ah me too. I went to massage school there in 2004 as an exchange program that is based out of Vermont. I'm going back to be the assistant teacher! I'm so thrilled to get out of here for winter to warmer climates. I went back for vacation in 2005...love it there too. The course is in Praia da Luz, right next to Lagos. Where did you live? My Mom is coming to be Nanny/Grandma, and DH is moving in with my Dad. They'll bach it out while we're gone! Of course they'll come visit, we'll skype, etc. I've been dreaming of chicken piri-piri & pastel da nadas! I promised no pastel's until the last day...those babies are delish!

Well ladies, I have a bit of a problem with this WOE now. I was poking around last night on here and found out that you're not suppose to be in ketosis while breastfeeding because the ketones pass through the milk onto the infant and there is no research yet that says it's safe. I certainly don't want to "chance it"...I'm so torn, upset, and want a donut! lol. He's only a nurser a couple times during the day, and at night. He's obviously a bit older...part of me wants to wean so I can continue & be selfish...the other part is so lost! The threads say you can eat maintanence style to lose, but if I'm barely losing on semi-induction, will I really lose on lots more carbs?! My mind is wondering if I should try (I'm scared to eat all those carbs!), or if I should join WW again, or try LF, or calorie count and eat whatever, but healthy. Ugh, I'm so upset! I was s upset last night I ate almost 1/2 a can of rediwhip straight from the can. Got a bad headache from it.

Of course you feel torn between feeling whats right for your little one and the health and wellbeing of yourself. Its only human. How old is your lil one? What other liquids does he take aside from few nursings with you? If he is at the age to ween, why not consider it? If its because of the seperation issues its best a time then ever. The longer he nurses if even for 1 or 2 nursings, the harder its going to be for him to seperate from you on that level. If he is already taking other liquids in a bottle or sippy cup then I think that it will be easier to do it now. Although I am a mother of 2 I could not breastfeed due to lady issues that are rather to embarrising to discuss. However my mother and sister have. My mother went 2yrs with my little brother and found it very hard to wean him at that age. He would throw a fit and try to grab in public. Of course this is JMO.....I wouldnt give up your WOE just yet. Think about the pro's/con's of weening or continuing, for the both of you. Im sorry if anything Ive said has offended you, in no way was it my intentions sweetie.

Last edited by MissG; 12-13-2009 at 01:29 PM..
Closed Thread