Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #301
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jilly_willy
Stats: 148*133*120
WOE: LC~ Atkins
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Good morning! Happy Friday to everyone and I hope all you girls have a fabulous day!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Welcome Glory Be.....I hope you find alot of great information here. There is alot of iffy infor when it comes to the atkins shakes. It helps with weightloss for some while stalling or causing weight gain in others. I personally do not like the taste of them so I dont drink them. As for any shakes that you can prepare warm. I dont really know about any of those either. We drink the eggcream shakes but of course that is iced. Here is a recipe below.

Eggcreams

1/4 cup HWC
1/4 cup Eggbeaters or if you prefer raw egg
1/2 or 1cup of Almond breeze Unsweetened
1/2 or whole scoop of protein powder
1tbls or 2 or any Sugar Free syrup
1/2 cup of water
Ice to your preference

Some add a tsp of cream cheese to thicken it up. It tastes fine either way.

blend.

Maybe the other girls have a reciped for a warm shake.
How many points is this?
Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, works been crazy.

Yesterday was our holiday meal at the hospital and I walked past the stuffing, potatoes, pasta and had a nice filling plate of turkey, salad with ranch, green beans, and a wonderful assortment of cheeses from the delicious cheese tray. I also passed up the breads and the chocolate fountain, but I was beyond stuffed on "good for me" stuff.

Dinner last night I made hot wings for hubs and Heroin wings for myself, he wasn't impressed by them, but I LOVED THEM.

Today I had:

5 a.m. breakfast: 5 slices bacon with splenda and cayenne and 2 egg whites.

8:00 am breakfast: 4 turkey sausage patties with mustard

Lunch will prob be some meat or a salad and meat ... going home at 2 so not really sure I'll even eat.

Dinner ... whatever I can quickly defrost when I get home.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobby1234 View Post
hi Ladies back in my jammies... geesh seems like I live in them these days... LOL... Just dont post as often as I did before.
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start of losing during the holidays..... Tomorrow is hubbys christmas party for work... this should be fun.... Last time a week ago we had the kids party now this one if for the adults.... people stopped me and told me I was looking good, noticed how much weight I had lost... makes you feel good you know when people stroke that ego!!!
I am still walking almost every day I have walked my poor dog to death he just looks at me with those big brown eyes and then shakes his head noooooooooooooooooooooo no more walking......LOL I walk between 1.3 and 3 miles and it is almost every day... I didnt walk today so after dinner I made hubby go with me to the gym here at our aparment complex so I could walk on the treadmill. I just wanted to stop by to say hello...
well,
Hi Sobby, Good job on keeping up with the walking! Thats great that you are really sticking to your guns, even with the stress you have been going through! Yeah, Christmas party! I bet eveyone is going to say, "who is that hot woman". The only one who noticed my weight loss was that creepy Radiologist I work with. Weirdo. I bet he says that to all the ladies so they'll talk to him. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hi ladies!! I hope everyones had a great day....

Hi lawmom..I hope today has been good for you! Jami....You too! Sobby good to see you posting even if its just updates of the day. I wish I could walk as much as you per day...oohwee..I use to walk up to 6 miles per day. 2miles 3x per day years ago. I think about it now and WOW I cant even fathom doing that again. I hope you have wonderful time at the xmas party.
Hi Liv. I hope you have a great day to! I am feeling like yuck today. Im still carb heavy, no loss yet from that. I know its only been 1 day, but I was really restrictive yesterday. Are you still walking some? I remember you were walking about 40 minutes some days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning everyone. I weighed in on our WL thread and FINALLY a real loss for the week. Need to buckle down some the next couple of weeks. Really, really want to be in the 170s by the first of the year. If I lose down another 5.4 pounds I will be exactly 1/2 the way into my weight loss goal ... i.e. wanted to lose 76 pounds total so 38 pounds puts me at the half-way point. And realistically saying that you need to lose 38 pounds sounds so much more doable than when you say you need to lose 76. lol. (It is funny how much time I spend thinking about my weight now. The fact that I have already done these calculations speaks for itself!)

Looks like my daughter managed to pass all but one of her college courses this semester. So, I broke down and enrolled her for next semester BUT she is having to pay me back for the history class she failed. Truthfully though if I didn't pay -- she wouldn't go -- and I really want her to get a college education. Hopefully, now that she sees that she CAN pass her college courses it will motivate her a little more. She has a harder schedule this time around because of her A&P course -- but that stuff actually interests her so maybe it will be ok. I know I stress over this more than she does.

Well, time for me to get moving. Hope everyone has a great day!
YES! You had an Awesome loss ! Gosh girl good job! That is a huge drop for you, It was like 4 pounds!! I held steady at 140... Oh well, I deserved that from my carby night on Wednesday. I guess as long as I dont go over the 140 mark Im happy, and so are my jeans LOL. Glad to see that you daughter is doing good in class. Is she going into Radiology? Are these courses pre requisites to get into the program? My school included everything thank goodness. I didnt have to take any classes before I enrolled. A&P is a tough course. So was physics. I had to take so many Physics classes through Radiology school and MRI School, good grief! I feel like I should be a Physicist now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly_willy View Post
Good morning! Happy Friday to everyone and I hope all you girls have a fabulous day!!!!!
Hi Jilly, Good job on your weigh in! Happy Friday to you too!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorrison64 View Post
Good Morning

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, works been crazy.

Yesterday was our holiday meal at the hospital and I walked past the stuffing, potatoes, pasta and had a nice filling plate of turkey, salad with ranch, green beans, and a wonderful assortment of cheeses from the delicious cheese tray. I also passed up the breads and the chocolate fountain, but I was beyond stuffed on "good for me" stuff.

Dinner last night I made hot wings for hubs and Heroin wings for myself, he wasn't impressed by them, but I LOVED THEM.

Today I had:

5 a.m. breakfast: 5 slices bacon with splenda and cayenne and 2 egg whites.

8:00 am breakfast: 4 turkey sausage patties with mustard

Lunch will prob be some meat or a salad and meat ... going home at 2 so not really sure I'll even eat.

Dinner ... whatever I can quickly defrost when I get home.
Hi C. Good morning. I figured you were working your tail off like usual LOL
Good job on skipping over all that "Holiday" food. Did you say Chocolate fountain.... ugh.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Hi C. Good morning. I figured you were working your tail off like usual LOL
Good job on skipping over all that "Holiday" food. Did you say Chocolate fountain.... ugh.
Yeah chocolate fountain, but I don't have a huge sweet tooth ... when I do some cream cheese with splenda and pumpkin pie seasoning takes care of it for me.

I'm a FOOD LOVER ... and I love meat, so it's great.

The buffet was beautiful and everything looked good but it wasn't worth it, esp. after my sister said she cheated with onion rings and was sick, I feel soooo good now even if the pounds aren't coming off as fast as first time around.

I did have a broccoli, cauliflower salad as well, like 2 florets each I suspect there might have been a small amt. of sugar in it, it tasted a wee bit sweet but not too much.

And yes I haven't had a day off since LAST Sunday and won't until I fly out of town NEXT Thursday.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Everyone! Good Morning. I hope you all dont mind my Muti quotes all the time. It makes it easy for me to read and respond directly. I try to read all the posts, but I dont remember them when I go to respond.
So WI today was no success of course. 140. Oh well. I deserve that from my bad choice cheat night, which I wont do again. Its not worth feeling carb hungover the next day, and having your jeans fit tight. That 20 minutes of dinner time was not worth the days of pain. LOL I called in sick today to work. I feel bad leaving my co worker, by herself, but I didnt sleep last night and I feel sick, yuck. I had nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever... LOL I love sighting that commercial. Speaking of medicine. Is there anything I can take? I usually take day or nyquil but, it has sucrolose in the ingredients. I found some children's sudafed which says sugar and alcohol free on the label, so I took some of that last night. I guess I'll just take pills instead of liquid. I just love the taste of cold medicine.. I think Robitussin is my favorite.
Quick question. What would you all consider to be VLC?? Yesterday, I had a snack after my last post, So my whole days values were 26 total carbs, 12 net carbs, and 1700 calories. Do you all think that these numbers look good? Would the carb counts be considered VLC or just LC??
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Good Morning. I hope you all dont mind my Muti quotes all the time. It makes it easy for me to read and respond directly. I try to read all the posts, but I dont remember them when I go to respond.
So WI today was no success of course. 140. Oh well. I deserve that from my bad choice cheat night, which I wont do again. Its not worth feeling carb hungover the next day, and having your jeans fit tight. That 20 minutes of dinner time was not worth the days of pain. LOL I called in sick today to work. I feel bad leaving my co worker, by herself, but I didnt sleep last night and I feel sick, yuck. I had nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever... LOL I love sighting that commercial. Speaking of medicine. Is there anything I can take? I usually take day or nyquil but, it has sucrolose in the ingredients. I found some children's sudafed which says sugar and alcohol free on the label, so I took some of that last night. I guess I'll just take pills instead of liquid. I just love the taste of cold medicine.. I think Robitussin is my favorite.
Quick question. What would you all consider to be VLC?? Yesterday, I had a snack after my last post, So my whole days values were 26 total carbs, 12 net carbs, and 1700 calories. Do you all think that these numbers look good? Would the carb counts be considered VLC or just LC??
Nyquil is my favorite .... LOL In general; not for low carbing!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah chocolate fountain, but I don't have a huge sweet tooth ... when I do some cream cheese with splenda and pumpkin pie seasoning takes care of it for me.

I'm a FOOD LOVER ... and I love meat, so it's great.

The buffet was beautiful and everything looked good but it wasn't worth it, esp. after my sister said she cheated with onion rings and was sick, I feel soooo good now even if the pounds aren't coming off as fast as first time around.

I did have a broccoli, cauliflower salad as well, like 2 florets each I suspect there might have been a small amt. of sugar in it, it tasted a wee bit sweet but not too much.

And yes I haven't had a day off since LAST Sunday and won't until I fly out of town NEXT Thursday.
Your sister is right. You do feel sick when you go off plan. I told my husband after my cheat day, that I cant believe I used to eat that. I felt bad everyday and didnt realize it! LOL I wonder if I have some type of gluten allergy or yeast allergy?? This way of eating is definitely worth the effort, which really isnt an effort anymore, you just do it. Wow , you are such a hard worker. I complain having to work my 3 12 weekend. LOL Im so lazy. I was leary about calling in sick today because I dont get paid time off until after January 1st. This is a $400 cut for me today. Plus Christmas is on a Friday, so I wont get paid for that day either, even though its a holiday. Next year I will! Hurray for PTO! LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

C. They should make a LC version of NYQUIL LOL and Robitussin! That would be great! LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
I held steady today with my weight. Dang. Seem to be lingering at the 137-138 range. DH's Xmas party is the 19th, so I think starting Monday-Friday next week I'm going to do VLC to kick things up a bit. I want to be 135 by the party. I bought a nice dress for it at 140lbs and it was tight. I've lost quite a few inches, but want my legs thinner! Thank goodness tights are in style again. lol

My meals for today:
B: 3 egg scramble with coldby cheese melted on top + small sausage patty
L: macadamia nuts (addicting!), flax muffin w/ butter & green salad w/ blue cheese dressing
S: Short whole milk latte w/ SF caramel syrup
D: 1.5 angus burgers w/ cheese melted on top + bosnian creamed spinach (learned how to make while in Bosnia).
AKmama, Since you know a lot about VLC, What do YOU consider VLC?? How many calories do you get during the day? What is Bosian creamed spinach?? Do you have a recipe.... please?

Last edited by jamistar77; 12-11-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Your sister is right. You do feel sick when you go off plan. I told my husband after my cheat day, that I cant believe I used to eat that. I felt bad everyday and didnt realize it! LOL I wonder if I have some type of gluten allergy or yeast allergy?? This way of eating is definitely worth the effort, which really isnt an effort anymore, you just do it. Wow , you are such a hard worker. I complain having to work my 3 12 weekend. LOL Im so lazy. I was leary about calling in sick today because I dont get paid time off until after January 1st. This is a $400 cut for me today. Plus Christmas is on a Friday, so I wont get paid for that day either, even though its a holiday. Next year I will! Hurray for PTO! LOL
This may be TMI, but I have IBS (Irritable Bowel) and this way of eating has taken care of that ... HUGE IMPORTANT THING FOR ME!!!

Heck I hate not working because then I lose my overtime on my OT shifts ... I'm such a work a holic and I need to fiind a way to slow down. I think once we sell the house and or bills go way down I might not need to.

Maybe we should write the drug companies that makes these cough syrups. I do know my Walgreen's has sugar free stuff available ... I haven't tried it, but then again I haven't been sick.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW! Im glad that its helped! This WOE has been understated so much. If people only realized how beneficial it is, they would consider it. I told someone at work that I was doing Atkins, and he said, Isn't that where you only eat meat? Just a high protein diet.? I just said. Atkins dieters consume more veggies than any other diet, except vegan. I could have educated him more, but no one ever really listens so who cares. Hey, We are in Health care, there is no such thing as TMI LOL!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #314
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WOW! Im glad that its helped! This WOE has been understated so much. If people only realized how beneficial it is, they would consider it. I told someone at work that I was doing Atkins, and he said, Isn't that where you only eat meat? Just a high protein diet.? I just said. Atkins dieters consume more veggies than any other diet, except vegan. I could have educated him more, but no one ever really listens so who cares. Hey, We are in Health care, there is no such thing as TMI LOL!!!
True, when I used to work in Trauma, my Dad and I (he was a cop) would exchange war stories ... brain matter, gun shots .... over Thanksgiving Dinner, much to the dismay of the rest of the family who turned green. It was fun. I miss him.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

C. I agree. At work we talk about the grossest stuff while were eating, and you just become numb to it. I tried that at my families dinner one time, and my SIL put her fork down very loudly on her plate and just sat there, still smiled, but I knew she was upset! LOL I thought it was funny. I dont think that she and my brother are very fond of me, so I got a kick out of it.
Im sorry to hear about you dad. Has he passed? Sorry if you already posted this.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
C. I agree. At work we talk about the grossest stuff while were eating, and you just become numb to it. I tried that at my families dinner one time, and my SIL put her fork down very loudly on her plate and just sat there, still smiled, but I knew she was upset! LOL I thought it was funny. I dont think that she and my brother are very fond of me, so I got a kick out of it.
Im sorry to hear about you dad. Has he passed? Sorry if you already posted this.
Thank you ... yes on St. Patrick's day it will be 9 years. I still miss him so much. My Mom, however, is another story, she died 18 months ago, 5'1", 420 lbs ... non compliant diabetic ... and we did not get along. I miss her but not nearly like Dad.

I'd get a kick out of it, too ... can I come to your next Holiday dinner, between the 2 of us ... we should really hack them off.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Hey ladies. I'm here. Just keep posting away. I'm sooo tired, but then fat'll do that to ya. Sobby's poor dog keeps running through my mind..."looking up at me with those big brown eyes" ha ha.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you ... yes on St. Patrick's day it will be 9 years. I still miss him so much. My Mom, however, is another story, she died 18 months ago, 5'1", 420 lbs ... non compliant diabetic ... and we did not get along. I miss her but not nearly like Dad.

I'd get a kick out of it, too ... can I come to your next Holiday dinner, between the 2 of us ... we should really hack them off.
Im sorry to hear that C. Yes, that would be so much fun!! I would get so many dirty looks it would be great. My grand mother died by being non compliant as well. My mom is diabetic, and has HTN, but she is doing something about it by adjusting he diet. I think she learned what not to do by her mother. My dad on the other hand is obsessed about food and always will be, He has been gaining weight ever since I can remember. Now he's at 415 pounds, at 5'11", is very unhealthy. It just sicken me to see that. Oh well. Its a battle that I'll never win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post
Hey ladies. I'm here. Just keep posting away. I'm sooo tired, but then fat'll do that to ya. Sobby's poor dog keeps running through my mind..."looking up at me with those big brown eyes" ha ha.
Hi Startinova. I like your new pic. LOL is that supposed to be Sobbys doggy? LOL!! It ran so much its hair fell out, now it has to wear a rug!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Recipe Share

Chili Rubbed Steak w/ Salad

1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1 (8 ounce) rib-eye steak
5 cups (torn from a 6-ounce head) leaf lettuce
4 large radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
Coarse salt and ground pepper

Make salad dressing: In a medium bowl, stir together 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander, mustard, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Prepare steak: Rub meat with remaining chili powder and coriander; season with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil over medium-high. Cook steak, turning it over halfway through, until browned and cooked to medium-rare, about 4 minutes.
Assemble: Add lettuce, radishes, and onion to bowl with dressing; toss to coat. Place salad on dinner plate, and top with steak.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsHeather15
Stats: 176.4/163.8/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 15, 2009
Thank you Jami for letting me know where you all had moved! I hope everyone is doing well. I am still busy with finals, but in one week they will be over and I will be able to enjoy the Christmas season!!!! So far I have been staying on track pretty well. We are traveling to Oklahoma for a twirling competition this weekend. I am hoping not to mess up too bad while we are out on the road!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
AKmama, Since you know a lot about VLC, What do YOU consider VLC?? How many calories do you get during the day? What is Bosian creamed spinach?? Do you have a recipe.... please?
I don't usually count calories in general...too hard to keep track of (well, worry about more like) 2 things! They tend to naturally fall around 1500 though when I had a few VLC days. VLC to me is 15 and under...mostly carbs you already get from cheese & a veggie/day. I'm toying with how to rotate it. I think I'll do VLC all week, then less than 25 on weekend. Then alternate two days VLC, two days OWL...something like that!
For making the Bosnian spinach, you'll need about 2lbs of fresh spinach (Costco!):
It's a bit labor intensive, but sooo worth it. I was craving it because my ex's mother in Croatia just died on the 30th and she cooked some yummmmy stuff.
~Take the spinach and pinch off all the stems so it's just the leaf.
~Put in huge pot of water on stove, med temp
~Stir occasionally & cook until it's mushy
~Drain (careful, very hot!) & rinse with cold water until you can touch it to squeeze out excess water
~place on cutting board. Meanwhile, rinse out the pot, coat pan with olive oil (generous amount) & a couple cloves of garlic. Sautee the garlic in the oil
~Take spinach into long log shape and slice all the way down very finely
~Add spinach to the pot, stir in garlic, then stir in lots of sour cream (if using 2lbs of spinach about 3/4c sour cream)...or to personal liking
~The important part, add in european spice "Vegeta" (found in ethnic aisles @ store in blue can); about 3 TBSP
Serve! YUM!

Greeneyed: Glad I'm not the only one with nut problems! Lol Don't worry about snapping at your man. When I was pre-menst I did it too. It happens, they get over it and understand! Sorry you're retaining a bit from the burger! I do too. If I'm in a time pinch or forget to pack around foods, I hit up McD's for a couple dbl cheeseburgers w/out the bun. Thankgoodness we don't have all the options you have! Only have subway or mcd's. Hope you lose the sodium/water soon!

C~ Sorry to hear about your parents. I can't imagine. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds yummy. I'm glad this WOE has helped your digestion issues. =)

Lawmom~ I hear ya on smaller goals! I like to make a target goal by a certain date. This has really helped me since when I really buckled down on the weight loss I was around 180. Making mini goals along the way has made it much more attainable in my mind. I can't believe I'm already so close. Baby steps for me!

Jilly~ Morning to you too! Have a great LC day!

Hi everyone else!

I'm getting tired of 137. It's driving me mad! VLC & clean Monday you watch out! Whooshie fairy will be visiting and you don't want to mess with her!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glory be
Stats: 10 Lbs down. 30 to go.
Start Date: mar.11.2010
Oh boy, this is a loving and busy thread. I lost about 26 hours and by the time I got back I had about 100 posts to read in order to catchup..love it.
Thanks ladies for every warm welcome and protein shake receipe you gave me. I like to play around with food, so I'll try them all out, switch things around and see what I like best.
Still going strong with induction. Day 8, I've never lasted this long.
Woohoo to all you low carbers. You make us rookies believe in our selves and know that this is doable. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Oops, almost forgot about the question of the day... how do you avoid bathroom trouble???? Really NEED to know.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Lunch was good .... they had fish taco's, so I had fish taco's naked ... fish and onions, a few chopped tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and guac ... VERY good and VERY filling.

Still no idea what I'm doing for dinner, not even sure what is in the freezer. Lovely!!! Wish hubs would take me out.

It's 30 plus degrees right now, ladies in Denver don the bikini's ... it's a heatwave.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory be View Post
Oops, almost forgot about the question of the day... how do you avoid bathroom trouble???? Really NEED to know.
WTG on staying on the plan!! Some people drink physillium husk (sp?)...I just up my greens. The other day I was having some bad tummy aches because was having some troubles, so I drank a cup of "smooth move" tea before bed. Boy did that clean me out by morning and then some! It's an herbal laxative tea...I only drink it if I'm really desperate since laxatives really aren't good on the system. I haven't had to drink it in a couple years. Coffee helps some people too. Or I've also heard alternating a hot cup of something then a cold cup of something. Good luck! Nice to hear from you. =)
Old 12-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AK, thanks for that recipe. I was craving spinach this morning as well and soup. So I made a hamburger, Italian, spinach soup. Its a twist off of Linda tuscano soup Very good, and very low carb. About 11 net carbs for the entire 5 cup recipe. For all you soup lovers. I omitted the small onion to save 5 carbs. I ate almost 1/2 of it this morning. LOL well, it was my lunch.

1/2 pound ground hamburger
1 green onion chopped..... 1 net carb
1 celery stalk chopped......1 net carb
mix altogether in 5 qt sauce pan and brown hamburger
drain fat
add
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp onion powder
3 cups reduced sodium chicken stock 3 carbs
1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach 3 net carbs
cook for about 15 mintues on medium heat
before serving add 1/4 cup heavy cream 1.6 carbs, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 1 carb.

B. coffee with cream
L. soup
water, water, water.
TURBO JAM!! Kick Punch and Jam 40 minutes. Not much fun when your sick!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory be View Post
Oh boy, this is a loving and busy thread. I lost about 26 hours and by the time I got back I had about 100 posts to read in order to catchup..love it.
Thanks ladies for every warm welcome and protein shake receipe you gave me. I like to play around with food, so I'll try them all out, switch things around and see what I like best.
Still going strong with induction. Day 8, I've never lasted this long.
Woohoo to all you low carbers. You make us rookies believe in our selves and know that this is doable. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Glory, I agree, this thread is wonderful! Its the reason why I joined LCF We have lots of shake ideas so if you get tired of one, we'll have another! Plus there is a thread on her with tons of shake recipes. I'll find it and copy it on here for you.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
I don't usually count calories in general...too hard to keep track of (well, worry about more like) 2 things! They tend to naturally fall around 1500 though when I had a few VLC days. VLC to me is 15 and under...mostly carbs you already get from cheese & a veggie/day. I'm toying with how to rotate it. I think I'll do VLC all week, then less than 25 on weekend. Then alternate two days VLC, two days OWL...something like that!

I'm getting tired of 137. It's driving me mad! VLC & clean Monday you watch out! Whooshie fairy will be visiting and you don't want to mess with her!
That plan sounds really good. Im with ya! I need to watch it today since I already had about 6 net carbs, well, 9 total.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do any of you ladies log in your foods on any online sites such as ****** or MyPlate. I use myplate, and when I log in my work outs, it will give me net cals for the day. So if i consumed 1500 calories for the day , and my work out burned 400 calories, then it will say my net calories are 1100. When MyPlate does this its confusing. Sometimes I work out before I eat anything. Then when I log in my work out it will say -400 calories for my intake. So I always have a deficit. Makes sense, but, should I go off of my net calories then, or my total calories??? UGGHHHH! LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That plan sounds really good. Im with ya! I need to watch it today since I already had about 6 net carbs, well, 9 total.
Let's do it! So Monday you're on board too? I go shopping Sunday...like to eat more chicken than red meats when I do VLC.
That soup sounds yummy...good for cold winter day!

I use ***********.com & it doesn't take away any exercise calories burned...it's a really cool site. I love it. It will make pie charts for you based on % of what you ate that day...rec how many total cals you need to eat to lose (exercise just speeds things up), has a place to record your measurements & even graphs your progress...all kinds of neat bells & whistles. You can also make a profile on there, join groups (I'm on the TJ group, LC group, etc), make friends, leave comments, blog...it's REALLY great. I like it just as much (if not more...don't hurt me ladies!) as here. It's all free too.

Startinova~ Great job on all your hard work on getting together the retreat!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Ladies, I had the toughest week!! My bff was admitted to the ER end of last week for migraine-type headaches. They were so bad she was throwing-up and could barely walk! She had her ds (8) with her. When they told her they wanted to do a spinal tap because of concerns of a brain bleed, she called me to pick up her ds. I happened to be at my kids' piano teacher's studio 40 minutes away. I get there, my kids in tow, and she is in near tears because her ds is too scared to leave room and she doesn't want him to watch the procedure. I take all kids to my house (45 minutes away) to wait on her status. I decide to give her soon-to-be ex a call, because I figured he would want to know plus maybe give emotional support to ds, who was still upset about mom being in the er. I kid you not, this is what he said to me. Quote "I'm not on call, he's her problem. I've got poker tonight!"

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He called his son a "problem"??? It turns out my friend had called him first because his place is 10 minutes from the hospital. He could have easily picked up his son!!
Ladies, tell me why!!!! people are like this!!!

It turned out she was fine, but the recovery from the spinal tap was long. My friend ended up staying with me for five days. Her ex tells me he's sorry she was such a "hardship" on me as he's picking his ds for ONE of those days!!!

What I know to be true...I'M WORTH IT!!!

Sucess is MINE!!
Closed Thread