Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member
 
snarlycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Red Rock, ON
Posts: 253
Gallery: snarlycat
Stats: 212/197/150 5'7
WOE: Atkins -again
Start Date: Nov.1 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory be View Post
Hello ladies,
Untill about a week ago, I was a carb freak. But we all know what that'll do to a human body eventually. So here I am, fifth day of induction. And I have a question.
The one thing that's kept me sane these past 5 days are Atkins shakes. I have read all around though, that soy interferes with thyroid business. I am willing to try out a home made shake, soy free but taaaasty. Any receipes?

Also, I am not a lover of cold drinks, so I would preffer my shake warm. Does this interfere with the beauty of the ingredients or not. I do not mean beauty per se, but really the value of the ingredients, do they get altered when I warm the shake?

I'll appreciate all input. Coz I gotta make this work.
Thanks,
Welcome Glorybe and good job so far

Everyone will have a different opinion on the Atkin shakes, I have used them myself during induction and never had an issue with regards to stalling etc..as for soy and hormones/throid do you have issues with that? And for the last question that's an interesting one but personally I don't think there is an issue of warm or cold at least nothing I have ever seen/read on the shakes...someone else on here may know though.
snarlycat is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Welcome Glory Be.....I hope you find alot of great information here. There is alot of iffy infor when it comes to the atkins shakes. It helps with weightloss for some while stalling or causing weight gain in others. I personally do not like the taste of them so I dont drink them. As for any shakes that you can prepare warm. I dont really know about any of those either. We drink the eggcream shakes but of course that is iced. Here is a recipe below.

Eggcreams

1/4 cup HWC
1/4 cup Eggbeaters or if you prefer raw egg
1/2 or 1cup of Almond breeze Unsweetened
1/2 or whole scoop of protein powder
1tbls or 2 or any Sugar Free syrup
1/2 cup of water
Ice to your preference

Some add a tsp of cream cheese to thicken it up. It tastes fine either way.

blend.

Maybe the other girls have a reciped for a warm shake.
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
First Goal 220
MissG is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Hiya everyone!!!!!

Hows my favorite group of ladies doing today?? I hope everyones having a blessed LC day!!

Today I am at ....202.6!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty shocked cause I didnt feel like whooshie came and visited but she did!!! wooohooo!
MissG is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hiya everyone!!!!!


Today I am at ....202.6!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty shocked cause I didnt feel like whooshie came and visited but she did!!! wooohooo!
YAY!!! So exciting!!! You're doing SO WELL girl!


GloryBe; I added the shakes in during the 2nd week of my induction and I stalled for days. So now I try to stick to whole foods with as little presevatives as possible (besides condiments). My weight starting going down again after I recovered! Different for everyone though. I feel more satisfied with a meal than a shake, so I just have to remember to plan in advance now. I also counted total carbs, not net. So kept total carbs under 20 for induction really helped. Congrats with your start of a great journey!


Hope you feel better soon midlight! I wish I could do pilates because of all the raves it gets, but just doesn't sit well with my lower back. Lots of rest and fluids in the meantime.
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member
 
SquadLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 158
Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hiya everyone!!!!!

Hows my favorite group of ladies doing today?? I hope everyones having a blessed LC day!!

Today I am at ....202.6!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty shocked cause I didnt feel like whooshie came and visited but she did!!! wooohooo!
Congratulations, Olivia!! Wow! You may hit your pretty soon...

Midlight, I hope you feel better soon!

Welcome, Glory Be!!!
SquadLeader is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member
 
jilly_willy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 29
Gallery: jilly_willy
Stats: 148*133*120
WOE: LC~ Atkins
Start Date: November 2, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hiya everyone!!!!!

Hows my favorite group of ladies doing today?? I hope everyones having a blessed LC day!!

Today I am at ....202.6!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty shocked cause I didnt feel like whooshie came and visited but she did!!! wooohooo!

That is awesome!!!! Congrats girl... keep doing what your doing!!!
jilly_willy is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member
 
midlight21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 486
Gallery: midlight21
Stats: 330/288/180
WOE: SBD
Start Date: 10/10/12....again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory be View Post
Hello ladies,
Untill about a week ago, I was a carb freak. But we all know what that'll do to a human body eventually. So here I am, fifth day of induction. And I have a question.
The one thing that's kept me sane these past 5 days are Atkins shakes. I have read all around though, that soy interferes with thyroid business. I am willing to try out a home made shake, soy free but taaaasty. Any receipes?

Also, I am not a lover of cold drinks, so I would preffer my shake warm. Does this interfere with the beauty of the ingredients or not. I do not mean beauty per se, but really the value of the ingredients, do they get altered when I warm the shake?

I'll appreciate all input. Coz I gotta make this work.
Thanks,
Welcome to the group!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Hiya everyone!!!!!

Hows my favorite group of ladies doing today?? I hope everyones having a blessed LC day!!

Today I am at ....202.6!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty shocked cause I didnt feel like whooshie came and visited but she did!!! wooohooo!
OMG!!! YAY!!!! You'll be in ONEDERLAND soon!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadLeader View Post
Midlight, I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks. Me too.
midlight21 is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member
 
sobby1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange Park, FL
Posts: 167
Gallery: sobby1234
Stats: 293/196/165
WOE: Lap Band/ Low Carb
Start Date: August 2009
Well I am getting ready to go to bed and I was thinking I had not been on here today!!! So, to save face and to start a new routine I am sitting in my bed in my jammies, with my laptop in tow, reading all of the posts today!!!

I really missed you guys!!! ((((((((HUGS)))))))
sobby1234 is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Olivia, Congratulations. Onederland here you come! I am sooooo happy for you.

Glorybe - Welcome! I do a little ebit of a different shake as I leave out the protein powder. For me it is 1/4 c. almond breeze, 1/4 c. eggbeaters, 1/8 c. HWC, 1 tsp splenda, some type of flavorinig -- I have used either Davinci's syrup or 1/2 of a Lipton Instant Green Tea pack- my fav is the orange/mango, and 3-4 ice cubes .... Don't know about a warm shake ... I have been thinking I would love a LC hot chocolate.

Everyone else, hope you had a great day. I don't know what is wrong with me personally lately. I feel like I am losing my motivation a little. Still mostly on plan but having a few "cheats" here and there that I need to cut out. To be quite honest, I am having some problems with motivation in a lot of areas lately ... To end on a positive note, I had a nice looking man flirt with me at a fast food place on Monday .... It is funny, b/c I am happily married and would not change that for anything ... my husband is very supportive of me and tells me all the time how much he loves me and how great I look .... BUT I know he loves me and therefore his vision is cloudy! But to have a nice looking stranger flirt for a minute was a big confidence booster! lol!
__________________
Goal: 140
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Olivia, Congratulations. Onederland here you come! I am sooooo happy for you.

Glorybe - Welcome! I do a little ebit of a different shake as I leave out the protein powder. For me it is 1/4 c. almond breeze, 1/4 c. eggbeaters, 1/8 c. HWC, 1 tsp splenda, some type of flavorinig -- I have used either Davinci's syrup or 1/2 of a Lipton Instant Green Tea pack- my fav is the orange/mango, and 3-4 ice cubes .... Don't know about a warm shake ... I have been thinking I would love a LC hot chocolate.

Everyone else, hope you had a great day. I don't know what is wrong with me personally lately. I feel like I am losing my motivation a little. Still mostly on plan but having a few "cheats" here and there that I need to cut out. To be quite honest, I am having some problems with motivation in a lot of areas lately ... To end on a positive note, I had a nice looking man flirt with me at a fast food place on Monday .... It is funny, b/c I am happily married and would not change that for anything ... my husband is very supportive of me and tells me all the time how much he loves me and how great I look .... BUT I know he loves me and therefore his vision is cloudy! But to have a nice looking stranger flirt for a minute was a big confidence booster! lol!

Oh I bet that was a confidence booster! It makes you feel good when someone notices you,that you got that "allure" back! I hope you start feeling better within yourself to get your mojo back. A few snackie treats arent going to necessarily hurt you but they can eventually turn into worse snacking habits. I would love some LC hot chocolate too. I just havent figured out how to make it just yet. If I find a recipe I will pass it over to you. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
MissG is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 04:10 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Oh I bet that was a confidence booster! It makes you feel good when someone notices you,that you got that "allure" back! I hope you start feeling better within yourself to get your mojo back. A few snackie treats arent going to necessarily hurt you but they can eventually turn into worse snacking habits. I would love some LC hot chocolate too. I just havent figured out how to make it just yet. If I find a recipe I will pass it over to you. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Thanks MissG! Well, I guess the whooshie fairy paid me a visit despite myself and I am down to 183.6 today. Think I am going to search the LC recipes and see what I can come up with in terms of the LC hot chocolate as well. Let me know if you find anything. I don't drink coffee and the HC is my usual "warm me up/feel good" winter drink.

Hope everyone has a great day.
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 04:19 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
MissG: The following is a recipe that I found on the recipe board (Think it was Tammy Marie's). It looks like it would only be about 2 carbs per serving. Think I will give it a try this weekend.

Description:
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons
unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 packages artificial
sweetener

How To Prepare: Combine cocoa, sugar
substitute, and water.
Mix well, and cook over
medium heat stirring
constantly until it boils. Stir
in vanilla. Store in
refrigerator.


Add 1 tbsp. of mixture to 5
oz. heavy cream and 3 oz.
water, heated. 1 glass with
heavy cream mixture and 1
tbsp.
chocolate mixture=7g carbs

Number of Servings: 10
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: 11g carbs total
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good Morning everyone. Last night I had my official cheat night, or should I say Fun night. I ate real pizza from Papa johns, ate popcorn, and a couple fun sized candy bars while we watched a movie. I threw out the carbquik pizza I made the other night, and only ate but 1/2 a piece of it. It was gross. So, needless to say I feel like crap today lol. My face is so swollen, and my tummy is sticking out..My weight was at 141, and that was only the day after. I dont want to think of what it will say tomorrow morning. It usually takes a day or two for these things to show on the scale. I was going to go to the gym today and the grocery store, but I feel like I look so bad I dont even want to go. Plus, I am getting a cold. I knew it. I haven't had the slightest sniffle in 5 years, then, I decided to get the flu shot over a month ago, and my accusations are correct. I used to get the flu shot every year, and I would be sick all the time. Then 5 years ago, I quit getting the shot, and I have been fine. Yesterday I woke up and my face was puffy, my eyeball feel like they are going to blow due to sinus pressure and I have a sore throat! LOL
Seeing everyone having cheat days, and then noticing the scale move for them, I decided to give it a shot. Olivia had a great result from it. Now she is at an amazing low weight! Knowing me though, I'll probably get stuck here.
Lawmom, Great job on your weight! You are doing so good, You have chosen a very reliable whoosh fairly! LOL Your chocolate thing sounds good! I have ezsweets which has 0 carbs. Im so happy I found that! LOL
Sobby Its good to have you back! I was wondering if you were going to come back to us!
HI Missgreen Good job on your low, low weight! Yippeee!! Im so proud of you! Are you doing anything different that you weren't before?
How's the weather, did it finally quit raining?
AKmama I think I am going to start counting whole carbs as well.. Although when I see my total carbs they generally are around the 25-30 mark anyways, but now Im going to shoot for VLC and go for 15-20 Whole carbs. Maybe that'll jump start me as well as this "Fun" night that I had. Some people have a whole day where they do this, or whole weekend. UGH> I would feel terrible if I did that. I cant believe I used to eat like that all the time. I felt bad and didnt even realize it.
Joycelyn, How are you these days? You must be busy, I havent heard much from you lately.
Midlight I hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry about the sinus infection. Hopefully the Allergist can and will help you with this.
Glory Be!
Hi Snarly
Hi Jilly How are ya!
Ok, this is a long post. Sorry to have missed anyone!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Good Morning everyone. Last night I had my official cheat night, or should I say Fun night. I ate real pizza from Papa johns, ate popcorn, and a couple fun sized candy bars while we watched a movie. I threw out the carbquik pizza I made the other night, and only ate but 1/2 a piece of it. It was gross. So, needless to say I feel like crap today lol. My face is so swollen, and my tummy is sticking out..My weight was at 141, and that was only the day after. I dont want to think of what it will say tomorrow morning. It usually takes a day or two for these things to show on the scale. I was going to go to the gym today and the grocery store, but I feel like I look so bad I dont even want to go. Plus, I am getting a cold. I knew it. I haven't had the slightest sniffle in 5 years, then, I decided to get the flu shot over a month ago, and my accusations are correct. I used to get the flu shot every year, and I would be sick all the time. Then 5 years ago, I quit getting the shot, and I have been fine. Yesterday I woke up and my face was puffy, my eyeball feel like they are going to blow due to sinus pressure and I have a sore throat! LOL
Seeing everyone having cheat days, and then noticing the scale move for them, I decided to give it a shot. Olivia had a great result from it. Now she is at an amazing low weight! Knowing me though, I'll probably get stuck here.
Lawmom, Great job on your weight! You are doing so good, You have chosen a very reliable whoosh fairly! LOL Your chocolate thing sounds good! I have ezsweets which has 0 carbs. Im so happy I found that! LOL
Sobby Its good to have you back! I was wondering if you were going to come back to us!
HI Missgreen Good job on your low, low weight! Yippeee!! Im so proud of you! Are you doing anything different that you weren't before?
How's the weather, did it finally quit raining?
AKmama I think I am going to start counting whole carbs as well.. Although when I see my total carbs they generally are around the 25-30 mark anyways, but now Im going to shoot for VLC and go for 15-20 Whole carbs. Maybe that'll jump start me as well as this "Fun" night that I had. Some people have a whole day where they do this, or whole weekend. UGH> I would feel terrible if I did that. I cant believe I used to eat like that all the time. I felt bad and didnt even realize it.
Joycelyn, How are you these days? You must be busy, I havent heard much from you lately.
Midlight I hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry about the sinus infection. Hopefully the Allergist can and will help you with this.
Glory Be!
Hi Snarly
Hi Jilly How are ya!
Ok, this is a long post. Sorry to have missed anyone!
Hi Jami! Sorry you are feeling bad today. I don't think your cheat day will hurt you too much in the long run. I have read that every once in a while we need one -- although the key will be jumping right back on the following day. Also, in my experience, when you eat carbs it sometimes triggers the cravings for more carbs. So be careful with that. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member
 
GraphicDesigner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 79
Gallery: GraphicDesigner
Stats: 212/195/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/1/09
HERE YOU GUYS ARE!
I found you.
I've missed you like craaaaaazy.
SO glad to be back online again!!!
GraphicDesigner is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 115
Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDesigner View Post
HERE YOU GUYS ARE!
I found you.
I've missed you like craaaaaazy.
SO glad to be back online again!!!
Did you tie the knot? Jump the broom? Smash a glass?
startinova is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member
 
GraphicDesigner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Posts: 79
Gallery: GraphicDesigner
Stats: 212/195/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/1/09
HI!!!
Nope, not yet... not until March 20th, reception May 15th.
The countdown is ON.
: )
How've you been, girl? What's new?
GraphicDesigner is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post

Everyone else, hope you had a great day. I don't know what is wrong with me personally lately. I feel like I am losing my motivation a little. Still mostly on plan but having a few "cheats" here and there that I need to cut out. To be quite honest, I am having some problems with motivation in a lot of areas lately ... To end on a positive note, I had a nice looking man flirt with me at a fast food place on Monday .... It is funny, b/c I am happily married and would not change that for anything ... my husband is very supportive of me and tells me all the time how much he loves me and how great I look .... BUT I know he loves me and therefore his vision is cloudy! But to have a nice looking stranger flirt for a minute was a big confidence booster! lol!
That should make you feel good! You are very pretty, and i bet you get noticed far more than you realize.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Hi Jami! Sorry you are feeling bad today. I don't think your cheat day will hurt you too much in the long run. I have read that every once in a while we need one -- although the key will be jumping right back on the following day. Also, in my experience, when you eat carbs it sometimes triggers the cravings for more carbs. So be careful with that. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Thanks. Actually today I am not hungry at all! Im just trying to drink plenty of water and Wellness tea, it has Echinesea, zinc and vit c in it. Very good. Celestial seasonings makes it. I also bought sugar cookie sleigh ride, havent been able to find that until today! YEAH!!! I was worried about the cravings, but so far so good. I jumped right back on the LC wagon today. I'll probably do VLC for a couple days and then go back to normal again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDesigner View Post
HERE YOU GUYS ARE!
I found you.
I've missed you like craaaaaazy.
SO glad to be back online again!!!
HI, HI HI HI HI!!! I was just thinking about you and was wondering if your whole computer issue was resolved, and if you were coming back! How are you? Any more success with your LCING? I bet your busy getting ready for Christmas and Wedding! Good to see you, glad to have you back!
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member
 
AKmama08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 470
Gallery: AKmama08
Stats: 210/124.4/120-125; 5'4"
WOE: BFL
Start Date: June 7th, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobby1234 View Post
Well I am getting ready to go to bed and I was thinking I had not been on here today!!! So, to save face and to start a new routine I am sitting in my bed in my jammies, with my laptop in tow, reading all of the posts today!!!

I really missed you guys!!! ((((((((HUGS)))))))
It really helps me to be on here daily to keep the motivation going! Even if I don't always get to post...just checking in helps; nice to see you're still here!

LAWMOM~ That must've felt good! You're gettin' your mojo back. That LC HC sounds yummmmy. I have been drinking more hot drinks lately...winter just tends to do that! I'm hooked on my short whole milk latte with SF caramel syrup. Nummmm

JAMI~ Sorry about your fun night. DH has been looking forward to his tomorrow, but last night he told me he's only going to have one cheat food instead of going all out. We put in all this hard work, so why undo more than what keeps us sane, ya know? I hear ya on how the heck did I do it without cheats before?! I went 8 weeks without a cheat, binge, only a bite, etc., before I took those fitness pics. Been searching for that willpower ever since! Let's do it! VLC. Just a week to jumpstart some poundage loss. I'm starting that Monday. We woke up with the sniffles too. Started coming on last night....DS's is worse than mine. He was pretty congested during the night. No fun! I was just thinking the other day how it's a miracle we haven't been sick since Sept! I'm immune compromised (since I have no thyroid) and get everything that goes around usually. Hope you feel better soon! 'Tis the season. Those damn flu fhots. In 2006-07 I was working out at a remote gold mine and the medic out there convinced me to get my first one. I was so sick all winter!

Hi Graphic! Snarly, midlight, Squadleader, greeneyed, Jilly, startinova...everyone! How are you all doing???

I had a binge last night. Freaking nuts. I'm a nut when it comes to nuts. Can't get enough. PB is banished, but we have macadamia nuts in the cupboard. I ate about 2 CUPS of them & made myself sick last night. So I know not to buy any nuts because I am just out of control when it comes to them in any form. Scale was surprisingly only at 137.8 this morning so not too much up from yesterday.

Curious on the flax muffins...anyone eat them daily? Is that a bad thing? I wonder if they will hold me back because I am in love with them!!!
AKmama08 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #291
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
AKmama. UGH Sorry you sick too! I dont know why I even got a flu shot this year. I never get one because those who do ARE usually sick all the time, but they still swear by them LOL. YES! VLC! I have only had 4 total carbs today. LOL The only cheat I had since September was November 27th on my DH's birthday. I had a piece of cake. Last night was my first real cheat I guess since it was a whole meal, and desert. hehe. I swear I wont do it again. By how gross I felt this morning..., it wasn't worth it. If I have a cheat again it will be WHEN I get to my goal weight, and it will probably be an ice cream treat only Small one... maybe. I'll keep you all updated LOL
I agree those nuts are addictive, and its so easy to over eat them! I have those little 100 calorie packs of almonds cocoa roasted ,only 4 total carbs for the whole bag. I put them in the back of the pantry so when I open the door I don't see them. Its worked. So the flax seed muffins. Some people seem to stall on the nut and SEED rung. I do have a muffin maybe 3 days out of the week. They will make you weight heavy due to the fiber, since water will hold on to fiber for dear life, but only until, it ... ah-him.. expels from your system LOL. Im not sure if they are a bad thing, you may have to test them out. Since your holding steady right now at 137, try getting rid of the nut and seed rung and see if it helps. Sometimes I put a couple tablespoons in my shakes for extra fiber.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Thanks MissG! Well, I guess the whooshie fairy paid me a visit despite myself and I am down to 183.6 today. Think I am going to search the LC recipes and see what I can come up with in terms of the LC hot chocolate as well. Let me know if you find anything. I don't drink coffee and the HC is my usual "warm me up/feel good" winter drink.

Hope everyone has a great day.
See I knew whooshie would come!!!! Omigosh Tara...You are so close to the 170's its crazy how well you have done in 4 mons. Its hard to believe tis been that long too. THanx for the LC hot choco recipe...Im gonna have to t ry it out. Its funny cause I dont usually like hot Choco any ohter time....its seems like now that IM doing this I want what I usually can have normally. Wierd....lol. I hope your having a blessed LC day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Good Morning everyone. Last night I had my official cheat night, or should I say Fun night. I ate real pizza from Papa johns, ate popcorn, and a couple fun sized candy bars while we watched a movie. I threw out the carbquik pizza I made the other night, and only ate but 1/2 a piece of it. It was gross. So, needless to say I feel like crap today lol. My face is so swollen, and my tummy is sticking out..My weight was at 141, and that was only the day after. I dont want to think of what it will say tomorrow morning. It usually takes a day or two for these things to show on the scale. I was going to go to the gym today and the grocery store, but I feel like I look so bad I dont even want to go. Plus, I am getting a cold. I knew it. I haven't had the slightest sniffle in 5 years, then, I decided to get the flu shot over a month ago, and my accusations are correct. I used to get the flu shot every year, and I would be sick all the time. Then 5 years ago, I quit getting the shot, and I have been fine. Yesterday I woke up and my face was puffy, my eyeball feel like they are going to blow due to sinus pressure and I have a sore throat! LOL
Seeing everyone having cheat days, and then noticing the scale move for them, I decided to give it a shot. Olivia had a great result from it. Now she is at an amazing low weight! Knowing me though, I'll probably get stuck here.

Well dont beat yourself up Jami! lol...Just nurse yourself today and keep in the LC range. Jump right back on as soon as possible. When I was sick It was so hard to stay op as hard as I tried. It sucks. I am all against flu shots. Those are no go's in my family. Chancing getting sick and then getting shots and still chancing getting it worse is somthing I dont play with. I rather just not. Just drink lots of hot tea and water and get that residual salt bloat off you....thats all the puffiness is from! You'll be ok!

Lawmom, Great job on your weight! You are doing so good, You have chosen a very reliable whoosh fairly! LOL Your chocolate thing sounds good! I have ezsweets which has 0 carbs. Im so happy I found that! LOL
Sobby Its good to have you back! I was wondering if you were going to come back to us!
HI Missgreen Good job on your low, low weight! Yippeee!! Im so proud of you! Are you doing anything different that you weren't before?
How's the weather, did it finally quit raining?
AKmama I think I am going to start counting whole carbs as well.. Although when I see my total carbs they generally are around the 25-30 mark anyways, but now Im going to shoot for VLC and go for 15-20 Whole carbs. Maybe that'll jump start me as well as this "Fun" night that I had. Some people have a whole day where they do this, or whole weekend. UGH> I would feel terrible if I did that. I cant believe I used to eat like that all the time. I felt bad and didnt even realize it.
Joycelyn, How are you these days? You must be busy, I havent heard much from you lately.
Midlight I hope you are feeling better soon. Sorry about the sinus infection. Hopefully the Allergist can and will help you with this.
Glory Be!
Hi Snarly
Hi Jilly How are ya!
Ok, this is a long post. Sorry to have missed anyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova View Post
Did you tie the knot? Jump the broom? Smash a glass?
Startin...Where ya hidin' girl??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmama08 View Post
It really helps me to be on here daily to keep the motivation going! Even if I don't always get to post...just checking in helps; nice to see you're still here!

LAWMOM~ That must've felt good! You're gettin' your mojo back. That LC HC sounds yummmmy. I have been drinking more hot drinks lately...winter just tends to do that! I'm hooked on my short whole milk latte with SF caramel syrup. Nummmm

JAMI~ Sorry about your fun night. DH has been looking forward to his tomorrow, but last night he told me he's only going to have one cheat food instead of going all out. We put in all this hard work, so why undo more than what keeps us sane, ya know? I hear ya on how the heck did I do it without cheats before?! I went 8 weeks without a cheat, binge, only a bite, etc., before I took those fitness pics. Been searching for that willpower ever since! Let's do it! VLC. Just a week to jumpstart some poundage loss. I'm starting that Monday. We woke up with the sniffles too. Started coming on last night....DS's is worse than mine. He was pretty congested during the night. No fun! I was just thinking the other day how it's a miracle we haven't been sick since Sept! I'm immune compromised (since I have no thyroid) and get everything that goes around usually. Hope you feel better soon! 'Tis the season. Those damn flu fhots. In 2006-07 I was working out at a remote gold mine and the medic out there convinced me to get my first one. I was so sick all winter!

Hi Graphic! Snarly, midlight, Squadleader, greeneyed, Jilly, startinova...everyone! How are you all doing???

I had a binge last night. Freaking nuts. I'm a nut when it comes to nuts. Can't get enough. PB is banished, but we have macadamia nuts in the cupboard. I ate about 2 CUPS of them & made myself sick last night. So I know not to buy any nuts because I am just out of control when it comes to them in any form. Scale was surprisingly only at 137.8 this morning so not too much up from yesterday.

Lmao..Your just like me...I cant eat PB and I cant eat nuts.....Those are my trigger foods and stall/gain foods. I banned those a long time ago...lol poor thing.......Just get up and dust yourself off.....You'll be back down quick!

Curious on the flax muffins...anyone eat them daily? Is that a bad thing? I wonder if they will hold me back because I am in love with them!!!
MissG is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Nothing exciting to report today. Actually up again ....whatsup with that?? I was 202.6 yesterday and up to 203.6 today. lmao....So I ate one of the Carls Jr LC $6 dollar cheeseburgers for dinner last nite...retention is a mutha!!! anyways I still will be at an new low for weight in tomorrow.....Im assuming. Its all good! TOM is still not here....Although It should be here for sure by nitefall...If not?????OYE! j/k. I hope I am joking..lmao...Im gonna shut it up now!

I'm very cranky with the hun buns today. I went off on a tangent earlier about him grabbing the few things we needed at the store and that I was suppose to do it. Hormonal much...Very much so! So Im just gonna keep my trap shut cuase right now I might just keep saying things that will just lead to a downward spiral. Poor him...lol.

Anyways..hows everyones day going so far?
MissG is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Hi, Liv. Pretty good day so far, not much reporting for now. Good idea for keeping the mouth shut. Somedays its best that I dont say anything at all. LOL Seems to keep the peace.
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 115
Gallery: startinova
Stats: 205/199/170
WOE: Atkins, modified
Start Date: October 19, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
I went off on a tangent earlier about him grabbing the few things we needed at the store and that I was suppose to do it. Hormonal much...Very much so! So Im just gonna keep my trap shut cuase right now I might just keep saying things that will just lead to a downward spiral. Poor him...lol.
Heard this great saying the other day: "Don't shoot your mouth off until your brain is fully loaded!"

LOL
startinova is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi Graphic! Missed you too ... hope everything is going well for you!
lawmom is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,743
Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
HI everyone! Boring day, No school again due to frigid temps, and snow. I did great today with eating. All natural non processed foods. I worked out today too! Although Im coming down with this stupid cold. Im trying to ignore it, but it just wont get the hint and go away LOL
B: Coffee
L: Lettuce salad, shredded cheese rotisserie chicken
S: cheese
D: Cheese burger on oopsie roll, 3 pickle slices, 3 pc bacon, 1/2 cup steamed broccoli
egg cream shake
1500 calories and 15 total carbs, 10 net.
May have some tea before bed.
Hope you all had a great day!
If I can continue with this I should bust through my stall.

Last edited by jamistar77; 12-10-2009 at 04:32 PM..
jamistar77 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member
 
sobby1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange Park, FL
Posts: 167
Gallery: sobby1234
Stats: 293/196/165
WOE: Lap Band/ Low Carb
Start Date: August 2009
hi Ladies back in my jammies... geesh seems like I live in them these days... LOL... Just dont post as often as I did before.
Sounds like everyone is off to a great start of losing during the holidays..... Tomorrow is hubbys christmas party for work... this should be fun.... Last time a week ago we had the kids party now this one if for the adults.... people stopped me and told me I was looking good, noticed how much weight I had lost... makes you feel good you know when people stroke that ego!!!
I am still walking almost every day I have walked my poor dog to death he just looks at me with those big brown eyes and then shakes his head noooooooooooooooooooooo no more walking......LOL I walk between 1.3 and 3 miles and it is almost every day... I didnt walk today so after dinner I made hubby go with me to the gym here at our aparment complex so I could walk on the treadmill. I just wanted to stop by to say hello...
well,
sobby1234 is offline  
Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!
 
MissG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riverside,Ca
Posts: 2,941
Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Hi ladies!! I hope everyones had a great day....

Hi lawmom..I hope today has been good for you! Jami....You too! Sobby good to see you posting even if its just updates of the day. I wish I could walk as much as you per day...oohwee..I use to walk up to 6 miles per day. 2miles 3x per day years ago. I think about it now and WOW I cant even fathom doing that again. I hope you have wonderful time at the xmas party.
MissG is offline  
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 AM   #300
Major LCF Poster!
 
lawmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,878
Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning everyone. I weighed in on our WL thread and FINALLY a real loss for the week. Need to buckle down some the next couple of weeks. Really, really want to be in the 170s by the first of the year. If I lose down another 5.4 pounds I will be exactly 1/2 the way into my weight loss goal ... i.e. wanted to lose 76 pounds total so 38 pounds puts me at the half-way point. And realistically saying that you need to lose 38 pounds sounds so much more doable than when you say you need to lose 76. lol. (It is funny how much time I spend thinking about my weight now. The fact that I have already done these calculations speaks for itself!)

Looks like my daughter managed to pass all but one of her college courses this semester. So, I broke down and enrolled her for next semester BUT she is having to pay me back for the history class she failed. Truthfully though if I didn't pay -- she wouldn't go -- and I really want her to get a college education. Hopefully, now that she sees that she CAN pass her college courses it will motivate her a little more. She has a harder schedule this time around because of her A&P course -- but that stuff actually interests her so maybe it will be ok. I know I stress over this more than she does.

Well, time for me to get moving. Hope everyone has a great day!
lawmom is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.