Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexy again
Stats: +15/+11/-15
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan09/restart July 20
ANY ONE ON INDUCTION NEEDING TO LOSE 10-15LBS

Hi everyone i'm on week 3 of induction have lost 5.6lbs so far. I need to loose 12 more lbs to reach my goal. Any one want to join me? I'm stickin to induction for 2 more weeks.

Margarita
Sexy again is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaorlola
Stats: 167/149/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/5/2009
Hi Sexyagain! I am in. I would be content at 140 (i'm 5'8) I have been on induction for about a month but recently cheated big time but am back on~ Down from 167 to 149 so far.
lisaorlola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexy again
Stats: +15/+11/-15
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan09/restart July 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaorlola View Post
Hi Sexyagain! I am in. I would be content at 140 (i'm 5'8) I have been on induction for about a month but recently cheated big time but am back on~ Down from 167 to 149 so far.
lisaorlola- thanks for coming on board I have also cheated a couple of times. I am most tempted on the weekends:blush: you have are doing great 18 lbs is really good for a month.I weighed myself for the first time yesterday. Looking at the numbers going down has really encouraged me to stay foucused.

Margarita
Sexy again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KittyMilk
Stats: 207/129/120
WOE: Pesce-Vegetarian.
I'm looking to lose 8-10 pounds and am starting induction today.
KittyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussie Witch
Stats: 173/171/140
WOE: Done it all/ Found NK-HF/MP/LC
Start Date: July 2013
Morning all, I have been on induction for 2 wks. Lost 2.1 lb - You guys seem to be doing better than I. Need to get some tips to expedite this - at my present rate I won't meet goal till 2020 LoL

Last edited by Aussie Witch; 02-09-2009 at 08:20 AM..
Aussie Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Hi ladies I to am trying to loose about 15lbs to reach my goal. But it seems so much harder this time and coming off alot slower but I'm chugging along. I eat totaly clean not frankinfoods. They tend to make me stall. Bathing suit weather is coming quickly.(live in New England) I find by keeping accountable for my food it makes it easier.
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisaorlola
Stats: 167/149/130
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/5/2009
Aussie - whatcha eatin and drinkin?If you post a regular days food everyone will check it out and advise. It will work!!! Do you have the Atkins books? I have a ways to go but did this before and it works when done right...my issue right now is exercisin!
lisaorlola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aussie Witch
Stats: 173/171/140
WOE: Done it all/ Found NK-HF/MP/LC
Start Date: July 2013
Hi lisaorlola

Calories range 1350 to 2000 depending on the day (1700 average over last 2 weeks)
carbs 15 or less, prot about 20%, fat about 75% 2 liters h20
diet is natural - no frankenfood here lost another 0.2 lbs yesterday

today's menu:

protein shake 2 carbs, coffee w/cream
1/2 can tuna w/ mayo
roast pork / cauliflower 5 carbs
2oz fried cheese 2 carbs 2 liters water
will be around 1350 cal today

Last edited by Aussie Witch; 02-10-2009 at 07:27 AM..
Aussie Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Hi everyone,
I'm starting Induction on Monday 2/16/09 and want to lose 10-15 lbs.

Glad to see a thread with this amount to lose!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
I hope that we get a few more to join this group. I know there are alot that need to loose 15 to 20lbs or that are just reaching there goal. Lets hope they join us
misty1028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:18 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I am almost 5'8" weigh 160 down from 164 during the 6 WEEKS I've been on induction! (Yeah, a couple of high carb days but nothing awful). I would like to weigh 140-145 also, and could sure use some help getting there.

I've been low carbing for almost 6 years, but haven't been able to maintain the 140-obviously, since I've gained 20 pounds since Dec. 2004. I must be doing something wrong, other than not being able to exercise since going back to work after being out of work for two years...<gulp> calories??

Let's help each other get these last, in my opinion most difficult, pounds off!

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:59 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I am almost 5'8" weigh 160 down from 164 during the 6 WEEKS I've been on induction! (Yeah, a couple of high carb days but nothing awful). I would like to weigh 140-145 also, and could sure use some help getting there.

I've been low carbing for almost 6 years, but haven't been able to maintain the 140-obviously, since I've gained 20 pounds since Dec. 2004. I must be doing something wrong, other than not being able to exercise since going back to work after being out of work for two years...<gulp> calories??

Let's help each other get these last, in my opinion most difficult, pounds off!
Hi AtkinsGoddess,

Thanks for the welcome on board the Atkins train. I am 5; 7" - 150 lbs. and 49 yrs old. My goal is 135 lbs. I think many of us (including myself) have jumped off track, got off the train and years later bought another ticket for ThinCity, USA. Some of us quit because our loved ones, peers thought we were going to extreme with the low carbs thing or we hated to do without the cakes, pies, potatoes diet that's all around us. They are not in our skins, we are.

I, too, had done Atkins about 5 yrs ago and lost alot of weight. Since then, I've tried different things and did the intuitive eating thing too and slowly the weight and bloat climbed the ladder.

Excercise? It's cold here and I have very little motivation to excercise. I like walking but I am allergic to the cold and I get Bronchitis from being outside too long. But in all truth, even when I swear "when it gets warmer..." - I don't do enough. Indoor excercises I have no excuse. When I did Atkins 5 yrs ago, I was more active so I'm thinking I'd better get back on track and do the same this time around.

This is only day 2 for Induction for me but I'll hold myself accountable on these boards and be honest on what I've done right or (wrong) and how I'm doing.

How about if we start by tracking what we've eaten? I'll start and since I'm really new - correct me if I'm off track. Anyone is welcomed to jump in!!!

Monday 2/16

B: cheese egg bake (2) per Atkins recipe online, caffieinated instant Folgers.
(got to have at least 1 cup caffeinated to wake me up)

L: 2 oz. turkey from soup and a small salad

D: Really hungry...(2) Veal chops w/bone fried in ghee and olive oil,
5 asparagus spears roasted in olive oil.

Still hungry ... 2 pieces of Olive Loaf lunchmeat and 1 oz of shaved
ham lunchmeat w/2 slices of white american cheese.

Snack: 10:00 ... 1 cup of assorted lettuce greens and 1/4 cup fresh
spinach w/1 T of no carb greek dressing.

Per ******, these are my totals:

Fat: 77%, Protein: 20%, Carb: 3% (14 grams) Alcohol: 0 Calories: 1867

I believe the ideal percentages are: 60-70 fat, 20-30 protein, 5 carbs

My water intake was pathetic, room for lots of improvement.
[/SIZE]
Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's day 2 for me - no weight change but it's too early to tell. I must say my body is changing over because I am very tired today but eating well w/healthy appetite and my urine is strong. Did you guys purchase the ketosis strips yet? I just got mine in today and it said no ketones registering.

I remember 5 yrs ago, it took 3-4 weeks until I was in ketosis. I hope it doesn't take that long this time.

Sexy, that's great almost 6 lbs loss in 3 weeks! That is huge compare to what little you have yet to lose. I believe those with less weight to lose, the harder our body resists.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I use the stix I got here at Netrition-good price. The darkest I ever get is "small" to moderate", except for that day I tried the fat fast!!

According to ******, I have averaged 1700 cals, 24 net carbs,(7%), 59% fat and 24% protein since the beginning of the year. There have been a couple days that I don't think I put exactly everything, but those were "off" days. What do you all think?

FOOD
Today I had my usual frittata; this week each day it's made with 1.4 jumbo eggs (double yolkers this week!), sauteed mushrooms and bok choy, parm and cheddar. I make a big one and divvie it up for the week. Lunch was my usual chicken-today it was a smal leg/thigh combo. Dinner was 6.8 oz of porterhouse and some fennel-half a bulb, roasted with olive oil and parm. YUM!!!

I made the flax crackers-not wild about them but they were something to put cream cheese on!! and I had them as a little snack before lunch. I think I like the plain flax crackers that just have the flax, water, and a bit of salt.

I'm done for the day. Made the coconut macaroons found here on the website; they're ok...

Do you agree that I am probably having too many carbs, even though day to day I have 20 net, but the "bad" days bring the average up...

How's everyone else doing? I think this might help me...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tues, February 17th

Quote:
I use the stix I got here at Netrition-good price. The darkest I ever get is "small" to moderate", except for that day I tried the fat fast!!

According to ******, I have averaged 1700 cals, 24 net carbs,(7%), 59% fat and 24% protein since the beginning of the year. There have been a couple days that I don't think I put exactly everything, but those were "off" days. What do you all think?

FOOD
Today I had my usual frittata; this week each day it's made with 1.4 jumbo eggs (double yolkers this week!), sauteed mushrooms and bok choy, parm and cheddar. I make a big one and divvie it up for the week. Lunch was my usual chicken-today it was a smal leg/thigh combo. Dinner was 6.8 oz of porterhouse and some fennel-half a bulb, roasted with olive oil and parm. YUM!!!

I made the flax crackers-not wild about them but they were something to put cream cheese on!! and I had them as a little snack before lunch. I think I like the plain flax crackers that just have the flax, water, and a bit of salt.

I'm done for the day. Made the coconut macaroons found here on the website; they're ok...

Do you agree that I am probably having too many carbs, even though day to day I have 20 net, but the "bad" days bring the average up...

How's everyone else doing? I think this might help me...

[COLOR="Blue"]Well, as far as too many carbs - I think Dr. A wants us to stick to 20 grams but ******'s grams/percentages are NOT accurate to a "T" unless you are re-creating the food according to the package of the food you are eating. I have found quite a few of their carbs/fats/calories to be quite off with what I saw on my packages that I've actually eaten. That being said, ******'s numbers gives us a pretty good idea. So, don't fret over your percentages being a little off unless you are plugging in the specific numbers of carbs to your foods. Your numbers seem very close to the model of: Fat: 60-70%, Protein: 20-30%, Carbs: 5% or (20 grams).

My numbers are quite different from yesterday and not on target:

Carbs: 11.4 grams (3%) - too low
Fat 59% (ok)
Protein 38% (too high)
Calories: 1429

What recipe did you use for the good flax crackers? That sounds good for a snack w/cream cheese.

Today I ate: B - 2 cheese baked eggs and 3 oz. turkey pattie.... L - Buffalo boneless chicken breast (3 oz) w/2 cups lettuce + 1 T Blue Cheese Dressing....D - 6 wings and 6 roasted asparagus w/1 teas. ghee still hungry so I had 2 oz farmers cheese.[/COLOR]
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Linda,
To tell you the truth, I don't remember where I got the recipe-probably here, but I think it was equal parts meal and water, and I added some salt and onion powder; spread thin on parchment and nuke till dry. Now that I think of it, maybe it was 2 parts meal to 1 part water?? Sorry, can't remember...anyway, they were thin and crisp and I liked them better than the cracker I found on the "flax flax flax" thread. Sorry I can't be more help...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda,
To tell you the truth, I don't remember where I got the recipe-probably here, but I think it was equal parts meal and water, and I added some salt and onion powder; spread thin on parchment and nuke till dry. Now that I think of it, maybe it was 2 parts meal to 1 part water?? Sorry, can't remember...anyway, they were thin and crisp and I liked them better than the cracker I found on the "flax flax flax" thread. Sorry I can't be more help...
[COLOR="Blue"]No problem...I have flax meal at home but I don't know what to do with it. I'll try the 1-1 ratio add more if needed to get the consistency. Thanks![/COLOR]
Old 02-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Yup, I did the one to one and it was fine. I added too much salt-be careful.

One of my brokers brought back dessert today-AARRRRGH! Now, I am not a big sweet eater, but this was rich and tiramisu-y-just my kinda thing-not sweet but RICH! I just had a bite but I still feel like it sabotaged me for the day. Made me want to have some wine when I got home...

Oh, well, as Scarlett said," tamarrah is anothah day..."
Old 02-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yup, I did the one to one and it was fine. I added too much salt-be careful.

One of my brokers brought back dessert today-AARRRRGH! Now, I am not a big sweet eater, but this was rich and tiramisu-y-just my kinda thing-not sweet but RICH! I just had a bite but I still feel like it sabotaged me for the day. Made me want to have some wine when I got home...

Oh, well, as Scarlett said," tamarrah is anothah day..."
[COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, speaking of which, after our 2 weeks are over, we can have a low carb drink. Sounds like Rum or Captain Morgans with Diet Coke is the fav around here. The people I tell this too think I'm nuts because of the sugar content in rum and captain morgan's but Atkins has a website with alcohol carbs and it seems like distilled liquor (the hard stuff) is low in carbs??? I gotta see if I can find a reason for this [/COLOR]
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wed, 2/18/09 - Day 3 Induction

[COLOR="Blue"]Lady, where is everyone else on this thread? Soon I'll be talking to myself !

For accountability, I am listing what I ate today and my totals. It would be nice if more people would join so we can get ideas on what to eat. Planning meals have been a major subject for me this week!

Wed 2/18:
B: 2 scrambled eggs, turkey pattie, coffee and water.
L: Baked Flounder w/ghee and dill and a cup of salad greens - low carb greek dressing.
D: 2 bone-in baked chicken thighs w/tex mex seasoning that I made myself (to avoid the added sugars some have) 2 long green hot peppers stuffed w/cheddar and baked. 8 nuked fresh string beans

Fit Day stats: Calories = 1,075, Fat - 69%, Protein - 36%, Carbs - 6% (17 [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]grams)[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]How did everyone else fair out today?
[/COLOR]
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

I screwed up royally last night as I knew I would, and consequently the scale shows me up a pound.
Today is another day....
Linda, your menu for yesterday sound good! Is that enough calories for you? Looking at your measurements, you must be tiny! You started two days ago and already down a pound! YAY!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 4 - Induction

Quote:
I screwed up royally last night as I knew I would, and consequently the scale shows me up a pound.
Today is another day....
Linda, your menu for yesterday sound good! Is that enough calories for you? Looking at your measurements, you must be tiny! You started two days ago and already down a pound! YAY!
[COLOR="Blue"]Do you mind if I call you A-Goddess?

Don't beat yourself up for screwing up last night - today's another day and you'll lose.

This coming Saturday, I am going to a fine-dining restaurant to celebrate my friend's 50th birthday and more than likely I'll have a mixed drink. I love eating out and the cocktail thing. I'll order rum and diet coke to minimize the carbs. I'm not going to feel guilty. This is going to be a way of life so I'm looking at the big picture and want to enjoy life.

As far as calories....the other day, my calories were around 1800! When I see the avg, my fat counts are really high. I love ghee (clarified butter) - so that's alot of my fats as well as olive oil.

I think I've read that if you take your weight X 10, that is the calories that will maintain your weight. For me, that day would have been 1500. I know that we're not supposed to worry about calories on Atkins so I just blew it off. In the back of my mind, though, I was thinking - I better not gain on this plan!

Yesterday calories was surprisingly low even though I felt I ate good and was not hungry. I was able to manage not to eat late last night - which is my ultimate weakness, especially when I see my hubby eating candy and chips and bagels every single night for a snack. I went to bed early before I got the 11:00 munchies, which helped.

This morning I measured myself and was surprised my waist is 2 1/2" smaller. But that's because I am a typical hour glass built - - so the waist seems to lose the fastest. My thighs are 1/2" smaller - that's one of the three places I gain right away. Now if I can get my hips and lower tummy pouch smaller.

When I get to work, I'll weight myself and report in. A Goddess - take your measurements because when you have little to lose, it usually doesn't come off in so much pounds, but in inches. You'll feel better.
[/COLOR]
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I'm Donna,
When I was on weight watchers, I kept a monthly measurement spreadsheet for over two years, and it was great to see the inches go. However, since I am not exercising, I am not losing inches-clothes are still tight-

My calories have averaged 1700. I just think I'm not as diligent as I should be, although on a regular day I am always under 20 net carbs, but with the off days-and boy are they off!-the average goes up....

I love eating out, too, especially places where I can eat something I don't make (I am an avid cook). Have fun, enjoy, and no guilt!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Cooking is my long-term hobby - especially ethnic foods. More than that I love to eat!
- I am excercised-challenged and angry at myself for it.
- I hate to excercise at home by myself and the gym I belonged a couple of years ago, built up my muscles and all that good stuff but again... alone.
- My friends are not interested in excercise.
- Those are my issues I have to deal with. [/COLOR]
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Day 4 - Induction - 2/19/09

[COLOR="Blue"]Thurs, 2/19 - Day 4 - Induction
Menu:
Breakfast: None - not hungry
Lunch 12:00 p.m. -made Salisbury Steak w/mushroom gravy the night before, snap peas with ghee
Supper 6:00 p.m. - More Salisbury Steak, Okra, Califlower mashed potatoes

My ****** report was only 865 calories and too low in carbs so I added a snack in the evening:

(2) leftover chicken thighs, Lettuce and Spinach Salad w/Ranch dressing and 1 celery stalk w/cream cheese.

****** Report: Calories: 1203, Fat: 60%, Protein: 34, Carbs: 6% (19.1 grams)

At the end of today, my fats and carbs were on track but my protein was high by 4%; but like I said earlier, ****** is not an exact science if you don't modify their food counts to match the food labels you're eating.

How'd you do Donna?[/COLOR]
Old 02-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Alas and Alack

Up another .5 pound...
B-the usual
L-.5 chicken breast with skin
D-2 chicken thighs w/ skin; 4 ounces fauxtatoes, sauteed baby bok choy, "mousse" made with cream cheese, sour cream, and DaV choc. syrup
S- sparerib with LC BBQ sauce
71% fat,4% carb-19.3 gross, 8.3 fiber, 25% protein 1817 calories
ketostix this morning-nothing!

I felt hungry most of the day and am STARVING right now, before breakfast. I am obviously doing something wrong, and this isn't working for me like it did last time. Also, I don't seem to be able to get below 1800 cals without being hungry. I guess I'm not sticking perfectly...and tomorrow night is my Red Hat Society meeting (= eating and drinking....)

Last edited by Scotty; 02-20-2009 at 04:33 AM..
Old 02-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

TGIF - Day 5 - Induction

Quote:
Up another .5 pound...
B-the usual
L-.5 chicken breast with skin
D-2 chicken thighs w/ skin; 4 ounces fauxtatoes, sauteed baby bok choy, "mousse" made with cream cheese, sour cream, and DaV choc. syrup
S- sparerib with LC BBQ sauce
71% fat,4% carb-19.3 gross, 8.3 fiber, 25% protein 1817 calories
ketostix this morning-nothing!

I felt hungry most of the day and am STARVING right now, before breakfast. I am obviously doing something wrong, and this isn't working for me like it did last time. Also, I don't seem to be able to get below 1800 cals without being hungry. I guess I'm not sticking perfectly...and tomorrow night is my Red Hat Society meeting (= eating and drinking....)
[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Donna,

I hope you don't mind my long messages. If so, let me know I am yakky when I write. I can tell you are getting discouraged. Let's be each other's cheerleaders. Day 2 and 3 - I was starving too. Somehow, something kicked in. I am not in ketosis yet and probably you are not either. When we are, things will change. DO NOT GIVE UP.

You were on Weight Watchers and maybe other diet plans (as I was) and our bodies are confused and switching over. Until then, we should not be worrying about .5 of a lbs gain!

If you are PMS'ing - that will give you water retention and at best you will not gain. I usually gain 3 lbs during that TOM.

I don't know how "young" you are but I am 49 yrs old and I know that my body is resisting weight loss, especially during the winter months. That doesn't mean I can lose, I just have to be patient. It worked before but it took 3 weeks for ketosis for me then and that was 5 yrs ago.

Check out one of the regular board writers, sugarfreesheila. She has a website that will inspire and motivate you. I did last night and and I got another boost.

Yesterday I wrote about my being mad at myself for not excercising. I hope I didn't bum you out.

Then...wouldn't you know, when I came home from work last night, my health care coach talked to me about excercise and asked how much I'm doing. So, at midnight, I pulled out my DVD that I bought months ago and never played Fat Free Yoga. I've never done Yoga but I'm going to try this weekend. My daughter is also a fitness freak (in college) and she has some 5 lbs dumbbells that I'm going to snatch and work with. As I told the health coach, my knees are arthritic this winter so I have to watch it. But as I hung up, I remembered the yoga which is more stretching, breathing, meditation and less impact.

Your numbers are good and your food looks delicious. I just got a big order in from Netrition (to be able to make Kevin's low carb bread), DaVinci Syrups in chocolate and vanilla, thicken thin - not sugar, Erythritol sugar and almond flour. I already have the Carbquik and thicken thin - not starch. I haven't had any sweets but this weekend I will make something like the whoopie cheese danish for breakfast and sausage because I am tired of eggs. We can share recipes since we both are avid cooks.

As far as your hunger....try eating more beef (roast beef). It seems that beef is the slowest meat to digest may stop the hungries.

Right now, I'm making those Scottish Eggs for a change of pace. I must take my boss to the doctor later today, so I thought I'd share with him. He is 150 lbs overweight with a heart attack under his belt and borderline diabetes. He went on Atkins 5 yrs ago and lost 40 lbs. without excercising! This man don't move around much except to go to the bathroom. I do make him go to the mailbox 30 yards from our workplace though. He quit because he can't handle the artificial sweetners.

I've been on and off so many diets within the past 5 yrs, Atkins is liberating compared to the torture I put myself through in the past.

So, chin up... we have a weekend of wining and dining ahead of us.
[/COLOR]
Old 02-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

LOL I'm a talker online too! I love to type!

Well, I've been low carbing since 2003, so I consider it my lifestyle now, although I've certainly been known to go off it...I've been on induction since 1/2, and have lost virtually nothing. I upped my fat, tried to lessen my protein and calories, but again can't seem to get below 1800-probably too high. The fact that I have gotten out of the habit of exercising, I'm sure, doesn't help. There always seems to be so much to do after work, and I'm tired too! Last thing I want to do is exericise!! Excuses, excuses. When I was home for a couple years I got really "buff". I really think it's all about having it be a habit,which I've gotten out of.

I will take the beef idea under advisement-had ribs and kraut and "bbq" ribs this week-yum and lots of fat.

I'm 62 (a YOUNG 62) so no PMS (best time of my life- you'll love it!)

I've been thinking about ordering the carbalose stuff- I MISS BREAD! Does it make good breads? And what about the carbquick? Good too? I read it was kind of salty.

does the thicken/thin work well? Not slimy? Maybe like cornstarch?

By the Scottish eggs do you mean the HB eggs that are covered with sausage and fried? Yum!

Wining and dining-that's what I'm worried about!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LOL I'm a talker online too! I love to type!

Well, I've been low carbing since 2003, so I consider it my lifestyle now, although I've certainly been known to go off it...I've been on induction since 1/2, and have lost virtually nothing. I upped my fat, tried to lessen my protein and calories, but again can't seem to get below 1800-probably too high. The fact that I have gotten out of the habit of exercising, I'm sure, doesn't help. There always seems to be so much to do after work, and I'm tired too! Last thing I want to do is exericise!! Excuses, excuses. When I was home for a couple years I got really "buff". I really think it's all about having it be a habit,which I've gotten out of.

I will take the beef idea under advisement-had ribs and kraut and "bbq" ribs this week-yum and lots of fat.

I'm 62 (a YOUNG 62) so no PMS (best time of my life- you'll love it!)

I've been thinking about ordering the carbalose stuff- I MISS BREAD! Does it make good breads? And what about the carbquick? Good too? I read it was kind of salty.

does the thicken/thin work well? Not slimy? Maybe like cornstarch?

By the Scottish eggs do you mean the HB eggs that are covered with sausage and fried? Yum!

Wining and dining-that's what I'm worried about!
[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,
Wining and dining - will it kill you? No. Martini's or Rum and Diet Coke are zero carb. True, we should be omitting till after ketosis but to stay on a diet, you must think of it as a friend. A friend will tolerate . Atkins will tolerate. Monday comes around and we go back to striving for ketosis.

Yes, sausage covered hard boiled eggs jazzed up with spices. I have not tried carbalose but will try it this weekend. Thicken thin works as a no carb thickener bit I use more of it than arrowroot but I love gravies so I'll use it or guar gum. Guar gum - I think it's great - no carbs. My boss whom I'd mentioned last post says it makes the gravy taste bland. So, I would kick it up a notch next time but I am not dieting for him, I am dieting for myself. Guar gum is cheap if you an get it. I don't know how sensitive your taste buds are or how fussy you are so I can just tell you what I experienced and I have no problem with guar gum. I loved my salisbury steak.

Winning and dinning is part of life that we can stiill afford in these times- who knows for how long?

How much do you weight and what hieght are you? So,you want to lose? 10 or 15 lbs, are you realistic? If I were your doctor, I would be asking you this without hesitation but I am not, just a person whose trying to lose 10-15 lbs too. This is your choice to answer.

So, you've done the low carb route. Did you do Atkins or your own version of low carbg?

Can I ask you what blood type you are? I've studied the Blood Type Diet prior to going back to Atkins. Dr. Adamo has some substance; however, his WOE is not so much weight control as it is in health. If you are an A - well, Dr. Adamo says protein based diet is not for you. However, if you read sugarfreeshiela's website, she'll tell you she checked out the blood type diet and is a A blood type, but it didn't worked for her. I guess I am just curious because that would explain (perhaps) why low carbing doesn't work for you.

I've done the 6 weeks body makeover diet that's run by Mike Thurmond. What did that mean? no sugar, no fats, no dairy, no salt, no flour and certain vegetables and blah, blah, blah according to their list according to what prototype your body falls in to. Did I lose, hell yes, but at what expense? I needed two (2) root canals after the 6 weeks were over. I could have told you at the time that the calcium my body needed was draining from my teeth - I COULD FREAKING FEEL IT. Food didn't taste like food no matter what Mrs. Dash's variety spice I bought and used. That is not living! The root canal cost me $1800.00 for what? A husband that said I am too thin? A newpaper ad salesman saying I was too skinny? Not worth it. I was feeling better on Atkins 5 yrs ago. Thin - not smoking - then life got in the way and I let it. I quit Atkins. Bad choice.

Donna, what part of your body is the heaviest? Are you an apple or a pear

I've been on induction since 1/2 you say....

What do you mean - 1/2 yr, 1/2 of your life? Sorry for my ignorance.

How in the heck did you get out of menopause? Are you on estrogen replacement? These questions need to be looked at.

I am not peri-menopausal according to blood test per se so that part of life can just stay away. My best friend is now peri-menopause and I've seen her go from 15 yrs old to 45 yrs old spunky, skinny, active to lazy, lazy, mild depression, eating crazy healthy but gaining steadily. I dont' want to go that route. We are 9 months apart in age.

I have my quasi arthritic knees (never got it ex-rayed) and a birth defect in my lower back but damn, if I dont' use that as an excuse for not excercising. I have a sit down job but I am active before work and after work but not muscle based excercising. I'm tired too of years and years of cleaning up after men, after myself and after the dog. By the time, I am done doing my due-dilligence, I have nothing left for me. This is the typical issue of the role of a female. I am not whining - just stating fact. I am going to put in that DVD and do my body the justice it deserves - and so what if the dishes are still in the sick.[/COLOR]
Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Hi There - Returned to Induction Yesterday

Hi there, I have another 10-15 to go. I jumped off the train during the holidays and then again for the last few weeks. So, I'm pretending that I am starting from scratch, and going for the last poundage loss.

I definitely have a hard time drinking enough water. And I noted that although I thought I was eating enough vegetables, I was not. I just went to the store and loaded up on vegetables I like from the Phase 1 acceptable foods list. So today, I hope to make it to the 12 to 15 net carb vegetable count as directed.

Salami is one of my downfalls. I've racked up 4 carbs so far today.

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote