Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, I went to Swanson.com but didn't see any place where you could order stuff-was a few days ago so don't remember exactly. I can't access it here.

another AWFUL day of troubleshooting, ppwk,etc. etc. Didn't eat breakfast yet and am hungry now but don't have time-just time to type...
[COLOR="Blue"]It's swansonvitamins.com.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Take each minute at a time. Take deep breaths and think of your Caribbean vacations! [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Every time I think of my vacations, it gets me upset cuz I'm not going this year!!! And I don't know when I'll be taking time off!!!

I'd love to stay late and get stuff done, but no way is overtime going to be approved the way things are...

Trying to figure out what kind of sweetener to buy. I have Splenda at home, and Truvia, which really tastes like sugar, but is higher in carbs. What are the people using as an ingredient for less carbs. Fiberfit??

Swanson and here seem to be around the same in the end. Some cost less, some more, shipping is low here, not sure what it is at Swanson, and I couldn't bring up carbalose. Only comes in 3 pounds. From your experience, Linda, I don't think I will get carbquick, and I am disappointed about that.
__________________
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." Auntie Mame

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Blue"]Mike and I have to forego this spring/summer vacation too this year. We're hoping by the end of the year near my birthday, we'll get to go.

He is still looking at his Carribbean subscriptions and watching out for cheapcarribean.com to see if there's a great, great deal. He lives for vacations! I like them too - have to admit.

Tonight, he was up to teasing...he was looking through our photo album and pulled a picture. I came home, went on ******, and he asked if I was doing my diet stuff, I said, "yeah". Then, he whipped out a picture of me with my mouth opened wide eating a huge ice cream sundae! So funny....thanks, Mike...you now reminded me of what I can't eat! It must have been a long time ago, I can tell by my hairstyle and definitely don't remember the last time I had a sundae! [/COLOR]
__________________
Blue Topaz
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, have you ever been to Nevis?

Don't you just love those candid pix...

Soooo glad the day is over-another one just like it tomorrow. I plan to ex. tomorrow.

Any ideas re: the sweetener?

Had 3.5 oz shrimp in wine/cream pan sauce for supper with 6.7 oz fauxtatoes. I may have something more, since my stats as of 7:49 are:
cals 1265; fat 71%; carbs 4% protein 25%
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Had some diet jello with whipped cream 1425 cals for the day
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member
 
AMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 315
Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I made it 1 day on the egg and meat fast. My body was screaming for vegetables. I've been under 20 carbs for a week, and the scale isn't moving, and neither is the tape measure.

It's time to not give up and kick the exercise into a higher gear. I am pretty close to my weight goal, and truth be told, my main goal is trimming my thighs and waist at this point. I have to admit that it gets discouraging staying under the carb limits and calorie range without seeing those great results experienced when we began Atkins.

Kicking the junk carbs out of my life is a reward in itself though - so I'll keep that thought in mind as I keep my eye on the goal.

How are you doing?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Monkey,

How are you making out today? How was your weekend?
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Monkey, you have a great attitude! I'm sure (unfortunately) that stepping up the exercise will make a difference. What exactly is the meat and egg fast? Just that? But how many cals?

Do you have a "dreadmill" as I call it? That or biking will do the trick for waist and thighs. And of course I love the results from Pilates. I use "Pilates for Dummies" with Michelle Dozois (sp??)

I really expected a little whoosh after my low cal/carb day yesterday, and my pure living, but the scale remains the same. I should probably try 72 but I HATE salads...although fennel is considered a salad green, and what about radish "potatoes"....

Going to be another rough day. I hate tax season...(the accountants make all the money but expect us to do all the work)
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, have you ever been to Nevis?

Don't you just love those candid pix...

Soooo glad the day is over-another one just like it tomorrow. I plan to ex. tomorrow.

Any ideas re: the sweetener?

Had 3.5 oz shrimp in wine/cream pan sauce for supper with 6.7 oz fauxtatoes. I may have something more, since my stats as of 7:49 are:
cals 1265; fat 71%; carbs 4% protein 25%
[COLOR="Blue"]Never been to Nevis. Candid pix? You mean the bikini's? - I dont' look, that's Mike's job.

I just bought sweetner from Netrition called Erythritol powder and granular. 1 tsp. = O cals. 1 tsp. = 4 carbs - zero fiber. I didn't use it yet.[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I made it 1 day on the egg and meat fast. My body was screaming for vegetables. I've been under 20 carbs for a week, and the scale isn't moving, and neither is the tape measure.

It's time to not give up and kick the exercise into a higher gear. I am pretty close to my weight goal, and truth be told, my main goal is trimming my thighs and waist at this point. I have to admit that it gets discouraging staying under the carb limits and calorie range without seeing those great results experienced when we began Atkins.

Kicking the junk carbs out of my life is a reward in itself though - so I'll keep that thought in mind as I keep my eye on the goal.

How are you doing?
I went on Atkins 72 Induction - under 10 carbs - stricter than 2002 Atkins but rewarded. Started officially Sunday and lost 6 lbs in 4 days. My body craved veggies so bad Sunday, I was like a zombie. Then, the next day and today - over it. Just drinking coffee to stablize my energy. When I reach 140, I'll add 5g more carbs and work from there. Should excercize more and will - it's just busy right now. Phone ringing, helping my college daughter with a project. I'll get there. It does getter harder to shed those few lbs. Just keep on plugging. All I can suggest is excercise more and drink more water. Something's got to give.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I went on Atkins 72 Induction - under 10 carbs - stricter than 2002 Atkins but rewarded. Started officially Sunday and lost 6 lbs in 4 days. My body craved veggies so bad Sunday, I was like a zombie. Then, the next day and today - over it. Just drinking coffee to stablize my energy. When I reach 140, I'll add 5g more carbs and work from there. Should excercize more and will - it's just busy right now. Phone ringing, helping my college daughter with a project. I'll get there. It does getter harder to shed those few lbs. Just keep on plugging. All I can suggest is excercise more and drink more water. Something's got to give.
This is what I need to do, but do you mean that you didn't eat the salad? What DID you eat exactly? Sorry, I assume you're eating meat and eggs. Period. Right?
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Wednesday Morning

[COLOR="Black"]Good Morning GIRLS! I overslept and have to run to post office and bank this morning. Must write fast.

Yesterdays food totals:

B:2 hard boiled eggs,4 slices bacon
L: 2 fried eggs, beef sausage, 2 oopies rolls with ghee and maple extract
S: 4 slices of salami, 4 slices provolone cheese
Later: 1 cup of SF Orange Jello
Later: 1 pork chop - baked w/bone in - net 4 oz. meat, 1 cup salad
Later: leftover chicken mixed with mayo and wrapped in 1 romaine lettuce.

******: Fat: 68%, Protein: 30%, Calories: 1540, Carbs: 8.3g, Fiber: 1.5g[/COLOR]


[COLOR="Red"]Lost 2 lbs since yesterday! [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
This is what I need to do, but do you mean that you didn't eat the salad? What DID you eat exactly? Sorry, I assume you're eating meat and eggs. Period. Right?
No, for Atkins 72 - LESS veggies/salad than before and my body just went in rebellion. Ok now! Below in previous posts, you'll see how little veggies I'm eating than before this past Sunday.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Ooops, just realized I lost 1 lbs. - forgot yesterday I was at 143. Oh well, I'll take it. 1 lb. a day.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Maybe I'll try the 72, but I do love me my veggies, and HATE salad, except for cukes, radishes and fennel. I forget, are mushrooms on the list?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Maybe I'll try the 72, but I do love me my veggies, and HATE salad, except for cukes, radishes and fennel. I forget, are mushrooms on the list?
[COLOR="Blue"]I just sent you the Atkins list yesterday - doesn't your computer allow you to scroll down? Okay...I'll copy and paste again!

Print this out and order the book! I ordered mine for $4 - so you won't go broke! Still waiting for my copy to come in.

Hmmm. seems like your having a hard time wrapping your mind around this. You cannot eat like you've been doing with the 2002 version of Atkins. That is a given. The induction for this is 1 week. [/COLOR]


[COLOR="Blue"]If you don't like salads, then pick the veggies listed below without the lettuce. Salads are limited in quantity allowed per day - it's 2 cups a day. So, cut up radishes and fennel - that's your salad. [/COLOR]


[COLOR="Red"]The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list. [/COLOR]


Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”

Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing

Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )

Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that [i]contains no sugar

Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.

Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish

Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations(another NO LIMIT)

Salads: [COLOR="Red"]Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful,[/COLOR] loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).

Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime

Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.

Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)

Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. [COLOR="red"]I do not see mushrooms.[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, sorry, I went through the whole thread and couldn't find it.
Seems pretty easy-I may try it as long as I can have fennel for dinner-not this week because I have bok choy and mushrooms in my fritattas.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, sorry, I went through the whole thread and couldn't find it.
Seems pretty easy-I may try it as long as I can have fennel for dinner-not this week because I have bok choy and mushrooms in my fritattas.
I copied and paste the 72 Atkins on 3/16/09 on this thread. I see it. Fennel is not one of the veggies on the list but probably in 1972 it was not heard of as a salad veggie. Check the carb count on Netrition or Atkins site or elsewhere.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
My appetite had decreased and then came back so today so far, I'm working on getting good control of it. I've had:

1 egg with 2 sausage links
1 small piece of steak
water

I really want to break this stall I seem to be in. I always do it at the 135 mark, but this time, the battle is ON, and I'm gonna win!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
My appetite had decreased and then came back so today so far, I'm working on getting good control of it. I've had:

1 egg with 2 sausage links
1 small piece of steak
water

I really want to break this stall I seem to be in. I always do it at the 135 mark, but this time, the battle is ON, and I'm gonna win!
[COLOR="Blue"]How long has it been since you've lost any weight? Are you sure it's a stall?
I think Dr. A. says a month of not losing weight is a stall. Besides, you are excercising nicely and it's building your muscle - which weighs more than fat.

Your food items look good today so far. [/COLOR]


[COLOR="Blue"]For me today...skipped breakfast because of running late...so grabbed a BK double cheeseburger on my way into work. Then, ordered a ch. burger and a small salad later for lunch for delivery! Now, I'm very full. [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
fennel

Yes, it is, at the end under "diet revolution salad material"-or am I reading something wrong?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Yes, you're right - it is! There you go! No worries! The pounds will come off quick with Atkins 72. I never thought it would work this fast with me.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]How long has it been since you've lost any weight? Are you sure it's a stall?
I think Dr. A. says a month of not losing weight is a stall. Besides, you are excercising nicely and it's building your muscle - which weighs more than fat.

Your food items look good today so far. [/COLOR]


[COLOR="Blue"]For me today...skipped breakfast because of running late...so grabbed a BK double cheeseburger on my way into work. Then, ordered a ch. burger and a small salad later for lunch for delivery! Now, I'm very full. [/COLOR]
LInda, no, it's not really a stall, but I have a hard time getting below 135 and staying there this time around. I keep bouncing, but it's not really a stall. I had a diet coke this afternoon. I was starving and was out and stopped at McD's for the girls to get a sundae and decided I'd rather just have a diet coke instead of some fake meat off of one of their cheap burgers. It wasn't meal time so I didn't want to really "eat" I then had a stick of sugarless gum and was fine until dinner. I had a pork chop and a salad with a little cheese on top and dressing for dinner. I also think I might have a cyst on my ovary. It is hurting ALOT right now, but has eased up quite a bit from a little while ago. I do know I"m retaining my usual midcycle water weight also. I hate that! but it's water, not fat. ok, I feel better just thinking it through and realizing I"m ok. I just need to keep going.
__________________
Leisa 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa,

The cyst sounds painful. Can your gyno do anything about it?

I often wonder what exactly is in those burgers at BK and McD's. I wonder if it's soy?
I would love to talk to someone that worked at those places and ask them. There was a woman on the internet and maybe a TV talk show that said that she noticed that the burger at one of those places kept from being spoiled for months and months. So, maybe it's filled with preservatives to the hilt.[/COLOR]


[COLOR="Blue"]Good for you for abstaining. [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member
 
AMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 315
Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I'll ask my friend at work for links, but here's one that I used - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...arch-21-a.html

I use the elliptical, and it's nice because it has different programs to choose, e.g., fat burn, cardio, etc... I admit that I watch TV while I exercise. I'm not one of those people who LOVES to exercise.

I might try the fast again, but stick to lower salt meats and eat more eggs. I now feel that it's a challenge and want to beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Monkey, you have a great attitude! I'm sure (unfortunately) that stepping up the exercise will make a difference. What exactly is the meat and egg fast? Just that? But how many cals?

Do you have a "dreadmill" as I call it? That or biking will do the trick for waist and thighs. And of course I love the results from Pilates. I use "Pilates for Dummies" with Michelle Dozois (sp??)

I really expected a little whoosh after my low cal/carb day yesterday, and my pure living, but the scale remains the same. I should probably try 72 but I HATE salads...although fennel is considered a salad green, and what about radish "potatoes"....

Going to be another rough day. I hate tax season...(the accountants make all the money but expect us to do all the work)
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa,

The cyst sounds painful. Can your gyno do anything about it?

I often wonder what exactly is in those burgers at BK and McD's. I wonder if it's soy?
I would love to talk to someone that worked at those places and ask them. There was a woman on the internet and maybe a TV talk show that said that she noticed that the burger at one of those places kept from being spoiled for months and months. So, maybe it's filled with preservatives to the hilt.[/COLOR]


[COLOR="Blue"]Good for you for abstaining. [/COLOR]
Well, my cutting the carbs today has helped. I'm in deeper ketosis tonight than I have seen since buying the ketostix a couple of weeks ago. The cysts has resolved itself. I've had the in the past and had to have one surgically removed, but this one must have resolved itself because the pain stopped gradually. whew! so I'm ok, now! I am having a glass of wine though. dh brought it to me I've not had much trouble with wine so far, but I need to seriously limit it and will, but tonight....gonna have it.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,336
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Hi all,
Had a high cal (vodka was involved) higher carb (one of those mini muffins, warmed -yum-was involved) day yesterday-stix is colorless, but down .1 pound.

I will be pure today, and modifying everything but bkfst, since it's already made, to be more 72. So if I have chix and salad for lunch, and corned beef and fennel or cabbage or salad for dinner, that would put me there, right?

I wouldn't dare get a Wendy's or BK-I couldn't NOT eat the bun or get fries with it, so I just don't even consider it.

Linda, you use thicken/thin/not starch, don't you? Like it better than the other thickeners? I am putting together my order. Also the "fiber D" I think it's called to use as a filler for things one uses liquid sweetener in-anybody try that?

Another awful day today...
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!
 
LBishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Western NC, USA
Posts: 1,501
Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
I'm down to 133.8 this morning. The wine I drank last night resolved my constipation issue.:blush: I'm still in ketosis. I'm quite sure I will bounce again, but hopefully in the 134 range, not 135 as I was yesterday. Off to take my girls to a play, then lunch, then a library program and ballet. We'll be gone till 8pm ugh!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:05 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
I'm down to 133.8 this morning. The wine I drank last night resolved my constipation issue.:blush: I'm still in ketosis. I'm quite sure I will bounce again, but hopefully in the 134 range, not 135 as I was yesterday. Off to take my girls to a play, then lunch, then a library program and ballet. We'll be gone till 8pm ugh!
[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa: Sounds like you don't have drudge it to work today (if you do work outside the home) - I would be happy to trade places with you! I'll even stay out until 9:00 p.m!

Good for you to have that wine and still lose weight! I believe that wine is essential for health and now alot of experts agree. The only thing is that I like only sweet red wine especially Sandman Port (expensive) and I'm sure that has alot of carbs.

Have fun today! [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 AM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Hi all,
Had a high cal (vodka was involved) higher carb (one of those mini muffins, warmed -yum-was involved) day yesterday-stix is colorless, but down .1 pound.

[COLOR="Blue"]How is vodka incorporated into a mini-muffin?[/COLOR]

I will be pure today, and modifying everything but bkfst, since it's already made, to be more 72. So if I have chix and salad for lunch, and corned beef and fennel or cabbage or salad for dinner, that would put me there, right?

[COLOR="blue"]Make sure your salad at lunch is less than 1 cup. At supper, another cup of greens. Two cups of salad veggies a day. That's it.[/COLOR]

I wouldn't dare get a Wendy's or BK-I couldn't NOT eat the bun or get fries with it, so I just don't even consider it.

Linda, you use thicken/thin/not starch, don't you? Like it better than the other thickeners? I am putting together my order. Also the "fiber D" I think it's called to use as a filler for things one uses liquid sweetener in-anybody try that?

[COLOR="blue"]Thicken thin - taste good but I need more of it to thicken like a cornstarch or Arrrowroot. Guar Gum is allowed - and it thickens better but it has a blandy taste. Try both. Guar gum is real cheap[/COLOR].

[COLOR="blue"]I don't know anything about Fiber D. [/COLOR]

Another awful day today...
[COLOR="blue"]Sorry to hear that. Tell those accountants to hire more help if they want the job done quicker. You are only 1 person and don't need the stress. I remember my days at the Bank. I was running on fumes most days. [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
BlueTopaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE PA
Posts: 3,541
Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Wednesday 3/18 Menu and Figs

[COLOR="Blue"]Good Morning Girls!

I went over the top with my calories yesterday and gained 1/2 lb. But with all the beef I've had, I shouldn't be surprised.

B: BK double cheeseburger - mayo only - no bun
L: 6 oz burger w/1 cup salad - zero carb greek dressing 1 T
D: 6 oz Delmonico Steak and 1 cup asparagus grilled outside
Later: 1 cup SF jello
Later: 2 slices salami, 2 slices corned beef w/4 slices provolone cheese

[COLOR="Blue"]I should stay away from SF Jello - it makes me hungry immediately. Then, I gotta hit the protein afterwards or else I get shaky.[/COLOR]

******:

Calories: 2197 :blush:
Fat: 59%
Protein: 38%[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Carbs: 12.8
Fiber: 3.6[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.