Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I'm done for the day, but I could certainly eat more:

1481 cals; 74% fat; 5% carb (28 gross, includes flaxmeal/15.2 fiber); protein 21%

B-3 minute flax bread=1 egg, 1T butter, almond flour, flaxmeal, ham, bacon, cream cheese, avocado

L-small chix thigh

D-large chix thigh, stir fried baby bok choy

S- tiny mini muffin with ganache frosting. Hubby said they were good, rich, but not necessarily better than from a box, and I agree. Flax crackers with mascarpone-how I love mascarpone...

Wonder what the scal/stix will say tomorrow?

How did everyone else do?

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Today was good. After the 4 mile walk, I did some upper body weights which felt great, then out for coffee (sugar free breve) with dh. Todays menu was:

B: egg cream that had two eggs, whey protein, hwc, water
L: Wendy's $1 burger with no bun, side salad, water
D: 3 small hamburger patties with spicy brown mustard
I'm now drinking water with lemon to try to stop whatever is going on in my urinary tract....hoping I can get rid of it on my own. oh, and my breve of course!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
D: Coney Island Chili Dog Pie and small salad with ranch dressing.

[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa? May I have your recipe for the Coney Island Chili Dog Pie? I love spicy food and seeing it written whets my appetite! [/COLOR]

I was in deeper ketosis this morning as well but up one pound from yesterday. I think I was a little bloated and I feel like I"m losing some water today.

[COLOR="blue"]Water weight, I'm sure. Tomorrow, after today's walking, you should be down in lbs. Be sure to weigh yourself when you wake up before the drinks and food hit your mouth! [/COLOR]

ok, so that probably was way more than you wanted to know and didn't really answer your question sorry!

[COLOR="blue"] No need to apologize. Please write alot, I am wordy and like when others are. May I ask how tall you are? [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Good for you on walking 4 miles! My GOD, a mile seems alot to me and I haven't done that since I was in Junior High and had to walk to school. You have the right attitude...I was also waiting for inspiration or ambition to excercise and it never came. Now, I have to make myself. I did a little bit today but I had cleaning, wash and making food to fit in and I was very, very lethargic. I went clean Atkins 72 today. I am really feeling it. Could have slept all day. I had regular coffee just to get me moving to get my stuff done. I will be in bed early tonight for sure. [/COLOR]
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=atkinsgoddess;11701789]I'm done for the day, but I could certainly eat more: [COLOR="Blue"]You are sooo funny! Bottomless pit! I actually was hungry all day because of Atkins 72 I started. I was pure on the woe. Definitely a change in my body is occuring and rebelling for more veggies. [/COLOR]
QUOTE]

[COLOR="blue"]Donna, read what I wrote to Leisa - that's what I was up to today.

My eating today is as follows:

Breakfast: 4 thin Hormel Bacon strips, 1 1/2 hardboiled egg
Lunch: shaved polish ham deli meat w/horseradish cheese, mayo wrapped in 1 romaine lettuce.
Supper: 4 oz. of roasted chicken, 1/4 cup of frozen french string beans w/ghee.
Later: 1 cup of mixed greens salad w/2 radishes and Greek no carb dressing.
Later and done: 1 cup SF orange jello, 2 thin slices of Hormel Corned beef and 2 slices of horseradish cheese w/little Grey Poupon country mustard.

****** Figs:

Calories: 1258
Fat: 62%
Protein: 35%
Carbs: 3% = 10.5 grams
Fiber: 2.1%

Excercise: too tired but did do a hard mopping of large tile floor and did floor excercise for my outer thighs. 15 kickups on each leg. I could feel my muscles tearing up with just that! I am just happy that I didn't sleep all day. I was constantly moving except when I ate. Does that count for something?

Leisa: How many carbs per day is allowed on Atkins 72? Someone wrote on the boards that it is Zero but that can't happen if we are allowed salad, a little selected veggie and cheese which has trace carbs.
[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post

[COLOR="blue"] No need to apologize. Please write alot, I am wordy and like when others are. May I ask how tall you are? [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Good for you on walking 4 miles! My GOD, a mile seems alot to me and I haven't done that since I was in Junior High and had to walk to school. You have the right attitude...I was also waiting for inspiration or ambition to excercise and it never came. Now, I have to make myself. I did a little bit today but I had cleaning, wash and making food to fit in and I was very, very lethargic. I went clean Atkins 72 today. I am really feeling it. Could have slept all day. I had regular coffee just to get me moving to get my stuff done. I will be in bed early tonight for sure. [/COLOR]
oh, good, I get wordy too! I think I might try to go cleaner 72 tomorrow. I've been cleaner than I was, but I think I need to go even cleaner. I do feel thinner tonight and have been losing a lot of water today though so I hope to see it on the scales in the morning. I'm 5'4". I think I shrunk, cause I'm pretty sure I used to be 5'5.5" I'm 46 years old. At my best, in my 20's and early 30's I was an aerobics instructor (yes, big hair and bright colored tights....ugh!) and was 125 and in very good shape. I think I could have been a little lighter but I ate like a linebacker. I taught about 8 classes a week so I was in awesome shape. considering that I don't have the muscle I had then, I'm kind of thinking 120 might be very do-able for me, but I'm working on the muscle thing too so if I get to 125 and find that it's ok with me, then I'll stop there. I just know that 130 is the absolute highest I really want to be again. It's where I feel thin enough to get by. I've only been there twice since low carbing and both times only lasted about 10 minutes but hey, it felt good haha!

Hope you feel better tomorrow. I have a busy day out and then another busy day on Tuesday. It should keep my mind off of food though. oh, I had a neat thing happen tonight when I went to coffee with my dh. They have all these yummy cakes and pastries, cheesecake, cinnamon rolls, scones...oh my! in the case at the cash register and every time I go in there I drool over them. Tonight, they did NOT interest me! wow! all I could think was, "God, I love this woe!"
Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

[quote=Whitedov1208;11702787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I'm done for the day, but I could certainly eat more: [COLOR="Blue"]You are sooo funny! Bottomless pit! I actually was hungry all day because of Atkins 72 I started. I was pure on the woe. Definitely a change in my body is occuring and rebelling for more veggies. [/COLOR]
QUOTE]

[COLOR="blue"]Donna, read what I wrote to Leisa - that's what I was up to today.

My eating today is as follows:

Breakfast: 4 thin Hormel Bacon strips, 1 1/2 hardboiled egg
Lunch: shaved polish ham deli meat w/horseradish cheese, mayo wrapped in 1 romaine lettuce.
Supper: 4 oz. of roasted chicken, 1/4 cup of frozen french string beans w/ghee.
Later: 1 cup of mixed greens salad w/2 radishes and Greek no carb dressing.
Later and done: 1 cup SF orange jello, 2 thin slices of Hormel Corned beef and 2 slices of horseradish cheese w/little Grey Poupon country mustard.

****** Figs:

Calories: 1258
Fat: 62%
Protein: 35%
Carbs: 3% = 10.5 grams
Fiber: 2.1%

Excercise: too tired but did do a hard mopping of large tile floor and did floor excercise for my outer thighs. 15 kickups on each leg. I could feel my muscles tearing up with just that! I am just happy that I didn't sleep all day. I was constantly moving except when I ate. Does that count for something?

Leisa: How many carbs per day is allowed on Atkins 72? Someone wrote on the boards that it is Zero but that can't happen if we are allowed salad, a little selected veggie and cheese which has trace carbs.
[/COLOR]
Linda, in the book, Dr. Atkins says that even though the salad has a small amount of carbs, what happens in the body is the same as what would happen if you hadn't eaten them, so why not have them! I agree, also 4 ounces of cheese, no cream cheese or cheese spreads. You can have coffee with sweetener and sugar free Jello, but no other desserts....yet. 4 tsp of heavy cream (oops!) I think I'll take this book to bed and re-read it.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
LBishop

Quote:
Hi! Can I join in? I am attempting to stay as true to Atkins 72 induction as possible and have about 13 pounds to lose. Well, actually, according to my stats, only 8, but I think I probably need to lose another 5 after that so I'm thinking I'm gonna change my goal. Either way, I'm very serious about just getting it done! Here's todays menu:

b: egg cream with about 2oz hwc, designer whey protein, 2 eggs, water, ice
l: 2 hamburger patties, small salad
d: Coney Island Chili Dog casserole and a few green beans

wow, I just realized, no snacks today!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, can't you just add some more protein to fill you up? Your menu sounds pretty good, though-less cals and less veg?

I can't look back at the responses for some reason so can't respond, and my memory is shot, but I'll be interested to hear more about the 72, especially if you lose faster. I am down a whole .1 pound, but I'll take it.

Is the whey powder legal on 72? It was in the egg cream.

Won't be doing ex. today as I have rehearsal, and my waist and inner thighs hurt (not in a good way.... )

Last edited by Scotty; 03-16-2009 at 04:32 AM..
Old 03-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Linda, can't you just add some more protein to fill you up? Your menu sounds pretty good, though-less cals and less veg?

I can't look back at the responses for some reason so can't respond, and my memory is shot, but I'll be interested to hear more about the 72, especially if you lose faster. I am down a whole .1 pound, but I'll take it.

Won't be doing ex. today as I have rehearsal, and my waist and inner thighs hurt (not in a good way.... )
Dr. Atkins says only those things that have zero carbs are allowed in addition to his list of meats eggs cheese, salad. So, I'm thinking to drop the egg creams, or at least the whey....still thinking this through, but probably will drop the whole egg cream. He does say you can have diet sodas and stuff that have 0 carbs.....sooooooo......hmmmmm........I still think I might go to just meat, eggs, the small salad and maybe a bit of cheese for a few days.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dr. Atkins says only those things that have zero carbs are allowed in addition to his list of meats eggs cheese, salad. So, I'm thinking to drop the egg creams, or at least the whey....still thinking this through, but probably will drop the whole egg cream. He does say you can have diet sodas and stuff that have 0 carbs.....sooooooo......hmmmmm........I still think I might go to just meat, eggs, the small salad and maybe a bit of cheese for a few days.
Leisa,
Good morniing! I ordered the 1972 version of Atkins (sold my DH's copy years ago) so it should be coming this week. I need to re-read it. Back 5 yrs ago, I went by the 1972 version and lost the weight quickly but stayed on Induction too long and was very weak. I also did not take vitamins then (bad girl), now I am. At only 2 days of 1972 version, I can understand my body feeling weak but I think that Donna (Atkins Goddess) is right, I've got to add more protein.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:42 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday

Quote:

Good morning Donna!

Yes, I think you're right - I need more protein. Atkins 1972 is meat unlimited, a couple of cups a salad and 1/2 cup or so of vegetables, no desserts except for SF Jello. When I get the book, I'll know a little more.

I am down another pound now at: 144.4. That was my end weight when I was on the 6 week body makeover plan except for a few days of being 140. Another 9 lbs to goal.

I wasn't hungry on the newer version of Atkins, but now I am. I don't know if you would like this 1972 version. My keto stick yesterday was at 1st pink.
I went to bed early last night but couldn't fall asleep right away. Mind was racing and muscles were restless. Got up at 6:00 this morning - was light sleeping all night. Went to bed a little hungry but I already ate a couple of late night foods. This morning I had 2 cheese egg bakes w/herbs defrance and a couple of drops of hot sauce and 4 pieces of already cooked bacon.
I have no idea what I'll have for lunch besides a small salad. Gotta root in my freezer for something. Tonight if I have any energy to cook, I want to make those oopsie rolls. That's the thing, now I don't feel like doing anything. Hope it passes.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monkey,

How are you making out today? How was your weekend?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:49 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning Donna!

Yes, I think you're right - I need more protein. Atkins 1972 is meat unlimited, a couple of cups a salad and 1/2 cup or so of vegetables, no desserts except for SF Jello. When I get the book, I'll know a little more.

I am down another pound now at: 144.4. That was my end weight when I was on the 6 week body makeover plan except for a few days of being 140. Another 9 lbs to goal.

I wasn't hungry on the newer version of Atkins, but now I am. I don't know if you would like this 1972 version. My keto stick yesterday was at 1st pink.
I went to bed early last night but couldn't fall asleep right away. Mind was racing and muscles were restless. Got up at 6:00 this morning - was light sleeping all night. Went to bed a little hungry but I already ate a couple of late night foods. This morning I had 2 cheese egg bakes w/herbs defrance and a couple of drops of hot sauce and 4 pieces of already cooked bacon.
I have no idea what I'll have for lunch besides a small salad. Gotta root in my freezer for something. Tonight if I have any energy to cook, I want to make those oopsie rolls. That's the thing, now I don't feel like doing anything. Hope it passes.
Linda, I had the SAME exact night! Restless, light sleep, mind racing! weird!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:52 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
They have all these yummy cakes and pastries, cheesecake, cinnamon rolls, scones...oh my! in the case at the cash register and every time I go in there I drool over them. Tonight, they did NOT interest me! wow! all I could think was, "God, I love this woe!"
[COLOR="Blue"]I know the feeling...making my husband chocolate peanut butter tandycakes was not easy. I swear the peanut butter kept sticking on my hands the whole time. I just rinsed it off and laughed.[/COLOR]
Old 03-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I really don't sleep much at all. Mostly feels like dozing, and I hate it.

Looks like the 72 is working for you, but what really are you doing different? What are you not having that you had before?

I'm not really seeing much difference with what I'm doing and the 72, except for cream cheese and flax, which I don't use all the time....

Could you steer me towards the cheese egg bake?

9:09, and although "I could eat" I don't feel actual hunger pangs. I guess I'll let it ride a while, since I am always hungry before lunch.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I usually sleep like a log. Could be the switch over to lesser carbs causing it or adrenal fatigue. Time will tell.

Mainly the difference is that before Atkins 72- THEN I ate more low carb veggies and larger salads with more stuff in the salads. NOW, less than 1 cup of salad at lunch and 1 cup of salad at dinner with 1/4 cup of allowed veggie. BEFORE: A cup or 2 of regular coffee in the morning and the rest of the day decaf - not much water. :blush: I allowed myself coconut bread and coconut bark (rarely) and NOW no desserts except for SF Jello. NOW: more regular coffee/black to keep me awake and more water. THEN, I allowed myself adult drinks and NOW: None.

I'm not really seeing much difference with what I'm doing and the 72, except for cream cheese and flax, which I don't use all the time....

Hmmm I think you are eating alot differently. Your veggies are of the variety that is not acceptable and I bet your quanity is more than allowed. The desserty things you eat are more than SF Jello. And if you are using half and half - that is not allowed. Just Heavy Cream and a little bit. Solid cheese - 4 oz. only. Like I say, when I get the book I'll know more. Leisa mentioned a few things too. I'll post again from the Atkins 72 thread on this site where somebody was kind enough to type it. See next message in a few minutes.

In Atkins 72 - for the Induction Week, you're daily eating pattern is mainly meats, cheese, small portions of selected veggies, coffee if it doesn't trigger hungries, sf jello.

The egg cheese bakes: In custard or ramikin cups, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add 1 T of Butter, egg, seasonings, 1 T heavy cream, sprinkle top with parmesan cheese. Boil water for metal pan with at least 3" depth and place the water inside of it. Place egg cups inside the pan. Bake at 350 for 10 mins. If you want yolk - take out the pan sooner.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Atkins 1972

1972 Atkin's plan by the book

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He allowed fiber to be deducted later on because "HE" found through his own research is was ok to do so without hurting your weight loss.

NOTE* This is from the book, Bantam edition / September 1972 paperback...

Not sixty grams of carbohydrate on this diet but zero grams
Here’s how this diet is significantly different. During the first week on this diet, you cut your intake of carbohydrates down to what is biologically zero.
This creates a unique chemical situation in the body, the one favorable to the fastest possible burning of your body’s stored fat. Ketones are excreted, and hunger disappears.
You see, the first fuel your body burns for energy comes from the carbohydrates you eat and drink. If any carbohydrate is available, your body burns this rather than stored fat-and maintains its old metabolic pathways. But carbohydrates, as such, are not stored in the body beyond forty-eight hours.
So when no carbohydrate is taken in, your body must draw upon the major reserve source of fuel-the stored fat.
It is forced to take a different metabolic pathway. In this process your body converts from being a carbohydrate-burning engine.
This is The Diet Revolution: the new chemical situation in which ketones are being thrown off-and so are those unwanted pounds, all without hunger.
A gradual addition of carbohydrate to keep your body burning it’s fat as fuel. We must maintain this chemical situation if you’re to continue to lose without hunger. And if we add carbohydrate very gradually in tiny amounts-we can do just this… keep your body converted into a fat-burning engine.
So that is just what we do. The second week you might add a few grams of carbohydrate to your diet. Every week thereafter a little more carbohydrate (around five grams) may be returned to the diet.

The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
1. Don’t count calories (so why are so many counting them?)
2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.(see, no limit)
3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.(It doesn't say anything about 1/2 your body weight in water)
6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.

The First Life-Changing Week, eat nothing that is not on the list.
Meat: Steaks, Corned beef, Lamb chops, tongue, Hamburgers, Bacon, Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”
Fowl: Duckling, Turkey, Chicken, Anything with wings, No stuffing
Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta )
Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla, and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that [i]contains no sugar
Drinks: Water, Mineral water, Vichy, Club soda; Beef or Chicken broth, bouillon; Sugar free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee
---------*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three.
Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, muscles, scallops, and pickled fish
Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet – any style and without limitations(another NO LIMIT)
Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus… green olives.
Butter & Mayonnaise Fats: Butter, margarine (head New Diet Revolution & eat no margarine with trans fatty acids), oils, shortening (not such a great idea), lard & mayonnaise (fats have no carbohydrates).
Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime
Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.
Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk – so don’t use milk)
Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Chives, Cucumber, Endive, Escarole, Fennel, lettuce, Olives (Green or Black), Onions, Pickles (Sour or Dill), Parsley, Peppers, Radishes, Scallions, watercress.
What Happens After The First Week’s Diet. Most diets are fixed formulas and are therefore short-termed and self-limiting. This diet is fixed only for a week. After that – because it must be a lifetime diet, it is, as variable as are individual tastes.
I’ve labeled the additions of carbohydrate that follow’ second level’, ‘third level’, ‘fourth level’, ‘fifth level’, but in fact the additions are interchangeable and flexible. You can make any of these additions any week that you choose. I am so committed to making this a livable lifetime diet that I am letting you select your own variations, within the rules set up by your biological rulebook.
Put back what you’ve missed the most: The idea is simply to gradually return to your diet first what you missed most. Custom-tailor the diet to suit your carbohydrate additions to suit your lifestyle. All that matters is that you add back to your diet a little carbohydrate at a time, and that you stop adding carbohydrate when you reach your CCL.
How to know when to put back a little carbohydrate: Ask yourself: Are the keto-stix still turning purple? Am I still un-hungry? Have I stopped eating at night? Do I have more energy? Am I still losing weight or inches nicely? Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
The Second Level: Cheesecake for dessert? At each level, remember you add approximately five to eight grams of carbohydrate daily for a week and analyze the results. Most people agree the best way to handle the second level is to add cottage cheese…
The Diet Revolution Vegetables (not for level one): All of the above plus; Asparagus, Avocado, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Beet Greens, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Chinese Cabbage, eggplant, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Okra, Onions, Peppers, Pumpkins, Rhubarb, Sauerkraut, Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, String Beans, Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Zucchini Squash

Sample menu, level one:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spicy ham, Diet revolution roll and butter, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Cold cuts sandwich on Diet revolution Roll w/ mayo or mustard, 1 cup of salad (loosely packed), oil & vinegar, or a dressing from the recipe list, Raspberry gelatin, Diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Chicken soup with Matzoh Balls, Your favorite cut of steak, Caesar salad with Caesar Salad dressing, Gelatin, diet soda, coffee or tea
Snack: baken-ets, stuffed celery, diet soda.

Sample menu, level two:
Breakfast: Lox and stuffed onion omelet, caraway Diet revolution Roll with cream cheese, Bouillon, coffee, or tea
Lunch: Avocado stuffed with crabmeat, Tossed green salad with dressing from recipe list, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Dinner: Mixed grill with garlic Butter Sauce or Béarnaise Sauce, Tossed salad with French Dressing, Gelatin Parfait with whipped cream, diet soda, coffee, or tea
Snack: Assorted smoked fish, Hard cheese, Diet soda

Ok, there it is 'By The Book'
Old 03-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna and all, came across this recipe while perusing the boards. Everyone got quiet on this thread. Busy Monday for ya? Of course, I cannot have this but Donna, you use flaxmeal alot. Thought you might like this.

Yummy French Toast

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was craving some French Toast this morning and didn't have any LC bread on hand, so I came up with this. It is very filling and a much lower carb option. It's based on a variation of the 1 1/2 carb burger bun recipe.

Kim's French Toast

1/4 cup flaxmeal
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
Mix these together in a small round (51/2") corningware dish.
Add:
1 T. oil
1 egg
1 or 2 drops liquid splenda
Stir until well combined. You may add a little water if it seems too thick.
Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from dish and let cool on wire rack a couple of minutes. Slice in half like a bun. To make the French Toast, dip each piece in a beaten egg/CC milk/cinnamon mix. Fry in butter till brown on both sides. Serve with your favorite LC syrup.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, yes I am having a crazy day and shouldn't even be responding now...
That is the same pretty much as the muffin/bread I made this weekend-just adding the fr. toast stuff to it. It is very filling and pretty satisfying as bread/roll. Thanks.

the egg bake="oeufs sur le plat"!

Last edited by Scotty; 03-16-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals, I've had a crazy day and will have another one tomorrow, but I'm just popping in to report. I didn't follow 72 very well today and am wondering if I can really do it. I've become so accustomed to certain things, ya' know? Here's today's menu:

2 eggs fried in butter, hot tea with lemon and coconut oil
2 Oscar Mayer all beef hot dogs (1gm carb each) with cheese, small salad
sugar free breve (I'm so hooked on these!)
about 14 oz chuck steak with salad
I'm having a cup of herbal tea with lemon right now.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leisa,

What is breve?

Other than not knowing what the above means, I can't see where you've messed up Atkins 72 today.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, yes I am having a crazy day and shouldn't even be responding now...
That is the same pretty much as the muffin/bread I made this weekend-just adding the fr. toast stuff to it. It is very filling and pretty satisfying as bread/roll. Thanks.

the egg bake="oeufs sur le plat"!
Okay frenchie, I'll take your word for it! Having a relaxing evening? I can hear your hiccups!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Leisa,

What is breve?

Other than not knowing what the above means, I can't see where you've messed up Atkins 72 today.
well, dare I confess to this? It's an ounce of espresso, 2 oz of sugar free syrup (I go for the peppermint) and about 13 oz of half and half! that's aLOT of half and half which is NOT permissable on Atkins 72, especially not in that quantity! I have stayed in ketosis drinking them pretty much every day BUT, I'm doing the slow crawl at losing....maybe 2 pounds per week.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I just spent 3 hours singing Verdi's "Requiem". Not exactly relaxing-exhilarating! Now I won't sleep for two hours.

Don't understand about the hiccups....

cals 1461 (yay);72% fat;4% carbs; 25% protein
B usual
L usual-2 chix thighs, salad w/ Greek dressing
D-chix thighs-again- sauteed fennel.
S-2cucumber sticks w/ smoked chicken "pate" ;cream cheese/sour cream "dessert"
Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Forgot you had rehearsal . After a rough day, I thought you would be partaking in adult drinks and hiccuping from it. Never mind....
Old 03-17-2009, 04:06 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tues.

Hi Donna, Monkey, Leisa!

I woke up and noticed right away my tummy pouch was flat! It's been a long time coming! I weighed and down 1 lb. too!

Yesterday's eating:

B: (2) Cheesy egg bakes, 4 slices of Jimmy Dean pre-cooked bacon
L: 8 oz. cod, broiled with lots of ghee and a small Burger King side salad with my own Greek zero carb dressing.
D: Make oopsie rolls so I had a shaved ham and cheese w/mayo sandwich
and plain salami sandwich
Later: 1 cup SF orange jello
Later: got hungry from the eating jello...so I had 4 oz. cold leftover chicken - then satisfied!

******:

Calories: 1218
Fat: 69%
Carbs. 2% - 7.2 grams
Protein: 29%
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breve

Quote:
well, dare I confess to this? It's an ounce of espresso, 2 oz of sugar free syrup (I go for the peppermint) and about 13 oz of half and half! that's aLOT of half and half which is NOT permissable on Atkins 72, especially not in that quantity! I have stayed in ketosis drinking them pretty much every day BUT, I'm doing the slow crawl at losing....maybe 2 pounds per week.
That sounds good. I have a good Krups espresso machine that I bought myself for Xmas. What if you would substitiute heavy cream - 1/2 or less of that dilluted with water? The carbs would be lower and it would be really creamy and rich.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, Wow, you ate a lot of food for not many cals! And the pooch is down?? I may have to try this!

Still wondering about it-if you cut out even the salads what would happen? Then it just becomes the meat/egg fast, doesn't it? It would be like the Stillman diet, except with fat...I wouldn't have a problem cutting out salads, but I am afraid my cals would be too high from the hunger. I guess I really don't fully understand it, even though I read the whole thread about it.

No adult beverages for almost a week, and although I have a Red Hat adventure this Friday (=booze and food) I have no plans for any.

I am up .1 pound. Wasn't going to weigh today, but my stix were back to trace (why does this happen???) so I thought I'd see what was up.

BTW, how do you all do it? How long do you pass it thru the "stream" for? Mine didn't come w/ instx. Also, sometimes, mostly when it's lighter, the color is only in the center of the stick...why is that?

Priced the coconut flour and glycerine-they are cheaper at Netrition. Going to get those and what else can you suggest? What about the liquid Sucralose for no carb cooking? I was going to get the carquick but thought maybe carbalose instead? Anything you can't do without?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, Wow, you ate a lot of food for not many cals! And the pooch is down?? I may have to try this!

Donna in black - Linda in blue

[COLOR="Blue"]That's because fish is low in calories. I try to eat it twice a week. Not filling but I ate 1/2 lb. with lots of ghee so it would sustain me. I'm absolutely amazed how a little adjustment made all the difference. Granted, 1 day on this 72 Atkins on Sunday - my body went into rebellion - so weak and tired but yesterday I felt fine. I've been drinking more regular coffee (black) and more water to make up for that. Since going on Atkins 72 officially on Sunday - I've lost 4 lbs. Last night, I walked my dog 1/2 mile - half of it steep hill and did some leg kick ups.

I pointed out the little pouch to DH and he said in a few days and eating a little smaller portions but more often will get that off quickly. Then, waking up this morning, I really noticed and he was right about going Atkins 72 and eating smaller portions.

I checked my keto stick this morn. and it is up 1 more notch - darker pink.

The only thing that I wasn't pure on yesterday was the oopsie rolls. I thought about it as I was making it was the cream cheese that's in it. But I didn't have a veggie for supper to make up for it. [/COLOR]

Still wondering about it-if you cut out even the salads what would happen? Then it just becomes the meat/egg fast, doesn't it? It would be like the Stillman diet, except with fat...I wouldn't have a problem cutting out salads, but I am afraid my cals would be too high from the hunger. I guess I really don't fully understand it, even though I read the whole thread about it.

Atkins 72 - less veggies, no flours, limited cheese amts and no soft cheeses (cream cheese or spreads), no sour cream. Leisa, can you also advise on this and help Donna out?

[COLOR="Blue"]When you go very low carb, I don't think calories is an issue. Dr. Atkins didn't think so. More meat and fat is supposed to lessen your hunger. I'm not even caring about my calories and yet it is less.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"] I got a notice that my Atkins 72 book is on its way. I will NOT be on this Atkins 72 Induction for a long period of time because you are eating less nutrients. That is why Dr. Atkins got criticized for his diet being unhealthy. They didn't pay an attention to the part where he tells you to up your carbs and eat nuts, fruit, more veggies when you reach your goal and figure out your body's carb limit. When I get down to the last 5 lbs. then I'm going to up the carbs by 5 grams.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]No adult beverages for almost a week, and although I have a Red Hat adventure this Friday (=booze and food) I have no plans for any.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]I am up .1 pound. Wasn't going to weigh today, but my stix were back to trace (why does this happen???) so I thought I'd see what was up.[/COLOR]

BTW, how do you all do it? How long do you pass it thru the "stream" for? Mine didn't come w/ instx. Also, sometimes, mostly when it's lighter, the color is only in the center of the stick...why is that?

[COLOR="blue"]I keep it in the stream the whole length of time. Keto strips were somethingn that Atkins 72 recommended. In the later versions, it was not an issue probably because the newer way of Atkins showed less color change, less ketosis, I'm guessing.[/COLOR]

Priced the coconut flour and glycerine-they are cheaper at Netrition. Going to get those and what else can you suggest? What about the liquid Sucralose for no carb cooking? I was going to get the carquick but thought maybe carbalose instead? Anything you can't do without?
[COLOR="Blue"]Netrition is cheaper than Swanson? Even the shipping and handling? My boss is placing a large order with Swanson today and is letting me order more coconut flour and coconut oil. I think it's free shipping after spending $100. He wants to buy from Swanson Boswellia (Frankensense) capsules because it's good for joint pain and lung congestion. He liked the coconut bread so he'll keep me stocked! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]On the boards, I've read good things about liquid Splenda and baking. So, yes, I think that's a winner. Why don't you buy a small amt. of carbalose and see how it works. I haven't made anything more with Carbquik because of going on Atkins 72. [/COLOR]
Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

swanson

Linda, I went to Swanson.com but didn't see any place where you could order stuff-was a few days ago so don't remember exactly. I can't access it here.

another AWFUL day of troubleshooting, ppwk,etc. etc. Didn't eat breakfast yet and am hungry now but don't have time-just time to type...