Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, how can your cals be that low with all that food???

Since you've asked, I looked over the ****** and forgot to plug in the 2 oz of veal. Calories are now: 1398.

Love coconut-recipe! But what is coconut flour? I have unsweetened coconut-grind it to a powder?

I get Coconut flour and Coconut Oil from Swanson.com - a great place to buy with reasonable prices and shipping fees.

Scale looks down today, but I'll wait till tomorrow for the true test.
(true test?)

I am really hungry!! Maybe I'm not a "no bkfst" person.
Right now I'm forcing down a small piece of coconut bread. Full of fiber and filling to the tummy.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Still wondering if I can just put the coconut in the Vitamix to make flour...is that all it is, coconut?
I didn't eat much last night, which is why the weight was down, like the other night. I will be eating normally today, and if the weight is still down, will put it in my sig.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The consistency would not be the same and I doubt any recipe would work. I"ll have to type the recipe out tonight when I get home. Gotta run some errands before I get to work. No time to type it now.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

I found the recipe at Linda's, so no need to write out the recipe, if that's the one you made. Now I gotta find the flour-maybe at the health food store or Whole Foods?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the recipe at a coconut flour website and I tweaked it still.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Yum, bring it on!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

I'll write the recipe on the thread tonight with my tweaks.

My weight is the same today. I customer-friend was telling me that a slow thryoid often is a result of adrenal fatigue. Researched the symtoms and it seems right on so the doc's lab will test for thyroid. Regular docs don't address adrenal fatigue. I have been getting dizzy spells when I move too quick, roll over in bed or get up from laying or sitting that last for a couple of seconds. Adrenal fatigue is likely if you get bronchitis (yep). So, my friend recommended this over the counter pill called Cylapril - adrenal weight loss system to get your adrenals back in order. Adrenal fatigue which affect the thryoid can stop or halt weight loss. So, I bought a bottle and started with a pill this afternoon. Must take it 3x a day.

Today for lunch, we ordered chef salads and using the low carb greek dressing we have at work. This weekend I want to get a scale. The digital one we have at work is a Taylor and is right on with the doctor's office scale numbers.

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

It will be interesting to see if the pills make any difference. One of the gals in the office gets bronchitis. Maybe I'll mention this to her when she gets back from vaca.

I like my ww67T (Taylor) that I got for $48 at Target, except I can't program it for the "extras"...

No plans for the weekend. I like that kind of weekend. I do have to cook something for snack time at rehearsal Monday. Will probably NOT be low carb....howzabout you and all of the other folks here?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Had a hungry day and a high calorie day, but I am done. Pork really adds up the cals, and it netted out to be only about 5 ounces. Olive oil adds up quickly too in the calorie dept..

B frittata, and a slice of St. Joseph low carb pita bread
L grilled chix breast, baby lettuce, champagne vinaigrette
D pork chop, roasted fennel and zukes with olive oil and parm
S flax cracker and mayo/sour cream dip; pork rinds; cococandy

1651 cals: 64% fat; 4% carbs;32% protein; 0% alcohol
Old 03-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Jack in the Box Meaty Burrito

I am not a breakfast person and had to make myself start eating breakfast. Once I developed the habit, I became hungry in the AM. First of all - I rival Homer Simpson in my love for donuts and pastries. Second, I have developed an addiction to Starbuck's Pike Place. I start every day with a Venti with half and half. The pastries leap and dance in the glass display case, at times even calling my name as I stand in line for my innocent cup of Joe.

To keep sated, I have the insides of a Jack in the Box Meaty Burrito (fluffy scrambled eggs, a little cheddar cheese, a slice of bacon, a slice of ham, and a handful of sausage crumbles. The flour tortilla is the plate upon which I eat - no nibbling allowed. If I'm crazy hungry - I'll eat two, or have a second as a late snack. In most cases I can't eat until dinner (which is helpful if I'm stuck in meetings and can't take time to eat.)

The scale is moving this week (in the right direction). I haven't been eating "pure" - those Hershey's miniatures have gotten to me twice this week. But carbwise, and drinking water wise I'm on track. I'll start exercising again this weekend.

But I'm really wondering if a carb is a carb. I hope it's true. I had a Breyer's low carb ice cream tonight (5 carbs). It was nice! But I think anything that tastes like sugar, chocolate, flour, etc... ignites a taste desire for those foods and creates a recipe for temptation we can't always go without fufilling.

What do you think?

Quote:
HELPP!!! There is a wholesaler here with breakfast!! Carb city!! If I just don't go into the conference room, I'll be ok. And, actually I can say no to donuts, but not to croissants!! Let's hope there aren't any...but, they have lots of butter, that should count for something...

Linda, those drinks do me in every time. I'm better off having none at all, since one leads to two, etc. AND they whet my appetite.

I am hungry since I don't eat bkfst before work-I will have my frittata and some decaf with cream..
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monkey, you are still losing weight and that's what counts.

I've been eating healthy for so long that I don't even know what it's like to give in to my cravings - deprived for so long and still not losing the weight I should be. That's why I'm going to give Atkins 1972 hardcore a shot before I get my thyroid checked out. In the past, if I got beefy from pigging out for so long, all I would have to do is slack off and within a week, the weight would drop. No longer the case. Frustrating. The only cheat I have is the adult drink a couple of times a week. That's it.

Donna, here's the recipe:

Coconut Bread

3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
6 eggs
2 tablespoons artificial sweetner
1/2 teas. salt
1 teas. baking soda

My tweaks:

I used coconut oil, melted. The batter was too thick (coconut flour is 60% fiber so it absorbs like a sponge). So... I added 2 melted tablespoons of melted butter. Then, it was better.

I added 1/4 cup of unsweetended coconut to the batter for texture and chewiness and 1 teas. of coconut extract for more coconut flavor.

I also thought next time, I could add 1/4 cup of unsweetened Giardelli cocoa for a chocolate/coconut cakey thing.

I used 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Glycerine for my sweetner. No carbs.

Method:

Blend together eggs, oil, sweetner of choice, salt. Combine coconut flour with baking powder and whisk thoroughly into batter until there are no lumps. At this point, I noticed the batter was dry so I added 2 T. melted butter. Pour into greased 9x5x3 inch or small loaf pan and bake at 350 for 40 mins. (I used a small metal brownie pan greased w/parchment paper on top and baked for 30 mins.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friday 3/13/09 stats:

B: Coconut bread, 1 slice of Spam
L: Chef salad
S: 12 oz of german sausages, 1/2 can string beans

Calories: 1513
Fat: 80%
Protein: 54%
Carbs: 13.6 grams
Fiber: 7.0 grams
Old 03-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday, Losers!

Forgot to add that I had two strips of bacon also, yesterday. Right now at 8:20 I don't fee hungry, but could certainly eat...

I WILL do 2 miles of WATP this morning. I WON'T have anything alcoholic this weekend. Scale is up a bit to 157.7

Can't wait to make the bread-if I can find the coconut flour. We have a good health food store in town, and a Whole Foods, so it should be available. What is vegetable glycerine?

Linda, so with 72, basically your veggies are more limited and the carbs are gross, right?

Monkey, the only thing I can suggest re: the pastries leaping out of the case is to avoid Starbucks. But if you like the coffee, you probably won't. The burrito sounds like a good idea, but is probably loaded with salt. Don't know if you like to cook, but you could probably make this kind of "casserole" at home -even for the week, and warm it up daily. Just a thought. A GUESS a carb's a carb, but it can trigger the sugar addict in you. Best to avoid, or try making the coconut candies. They are satisfying. Recipe's on the board here under coconut bark.

I am making Giada DeLaurentiis' chocolate mascarpone brownies with ganache frosting for Monday's rehearsal snack. I will probably taste a tiny bit of one, but don't forsee any problem. Good thing I'm not making French fries...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 03-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Checking back to say that I did do 2 miles of WATP AND my upper body workout-20 minutes with 2lb weights on my ankles. THERE!! If only I could/would do it more often, but not bad for a 62-yr-old broad

Still not hungry, but I think I might make the flax muffin. I am not doing real strict induction, but I am not eating nuts, and never have more than a couple ounces of cheese. I do use cream, cream cheese, and sour cream, but only in small amounts. I just don't know why my cals can never seem to get below 1550-must be the protein, but I get HUNGRY!!!

Linda, went to swanson.com but didn't have any food products. Did I go to the right place?

Last edited by Scotty; 03-14-2009 at 07:48 AM..
Old 03-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everybody??

stats: cals1606; fat 66%; cabs 3% protein 30%-stats looked better before I remembered the chix breast I had for lunch...still over 1600

B one minute flax bread (butter, egg, flaxmeal, almond meal), spread with cream cheese and a slice of boiled ham. Boy did that taste good. Bkfst souffle made with one x-large egg, .5 oz cr. cheese, 1T parm, .5 oz mozz.

L-3oz grilled chix breast

D-6.2 oz salmon roasted; sour cream dill sauce; 1.3 oz roasted fennel; 1.2oz roasted zuke; parm

S-flax crackers/mascarpone/macadamia nuts; cream cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, DaVinci choc. syrup mixed up like a mousse
Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=atkinsgoddess;11696090]Happy Saturday, Losers!

Donna, I wrote to you this morning but it didn't take!

Can't wait to make the bread-if I can find the coconut flour. We have a good health food store in town, and a Whole Foods, so it should be available. What is vegetable glycerine?

[COLOR="Red"]Did you find the coconut flour? [/COLOR] Vegetable Glycerine is normally used in cosmetics but the NOW brand is also used inside food as a non-caloric sweetner which doesn't have that bitter taste and is liquid. You can find it in health food stores in the cosmetic line. It is good for baked goods.

Linda, so with 72, basically your veggies are more limited and the carbs are gross, right? [COLOR="black"]Yeah, veggies are limited to salads w/cukes, celery, radishes, onions, bok choy (I bought regular cabbage) which I think I can cook. Meats, cheeses, fish, lunchmeat unlimited. I ordered the 1972 version book for $4.00 including shipping from Amazon.com[/COLOR]

Monkey: You are fortunate to be able to cheat and still lose weight! I've been strict except for the non-carb adult drinks and can't seem to budge. That's why I'm going to try the 1972 version of Atkins to get into ketosis. Also, I am eating mini meals throughout the day.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Where is everybody?? Grocery shopping. I was exhausted; feeling weak. I had to stop in Burger King and get a double cheeseburger w/onion, mayo only no bun. I had already 2 pieces of the coocnut bread with ghee before I left! I don't do well with just carbs and no protein. I am gradually getting into the 1972 Atkins this weekend. The only bust was the coconut bread.

stats: cals1606; fat 66%; cabs 3% protein 30%-stats looked better before I remembered the chix breast I had for lunch...still over 1600

B one minute flax bread (butter, egg, flaxmeal, almond meal), spread with cream cheese and a slice of boiled ham. Boy did that taste good. Bkfst souffle made with one x-large egg, .5 oz cr. cheese, 1T parm, .5 oz mozz.

L-3oz grilled chix breast

D-6.2 oz salmon roasted; sour cream dill sauce; 1.3 oz roasted fennel; 1.2oz roasted zuke; parm

S-flax crackers/mascarpone/macadamia nuts; cream cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, DaVinci choc. syrup mixed up like a mousse
[COLOR="Red"]How did you make your flax crackers?[/COLOR]
Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Meat and Egg Fast - Intense

I am trying the meat and egg fast. My coworker tried it and lost 7 pounds. I had coffee with half and half, and a sugar free Jello - so I'm not in perfect compliance. Tomorrow I'll leave out the Jello. Come to think of it, I don't think I was supposed to have cheese either. I better review the rules.

This is really intense. I am dying for vegetables. I wouldn't do this for more than 3 days.

40 minutes on elliptical (200 calorie burn)

B - 2 Jack Box meaty burritos (sans tortillas)
700 Cal ( I know, I know... insane amount of calories)
58 gm Fat
2 Carbs
50 gm Protein

L - too full from breakfast

S
1.5 Servings Salami
150 Cal
15 Fat
0 Carbs
9 gm Protein

D - chicken breast (baked)
92 Cal
2 gm Fat
9 Carbs
17 gm Protein

Sugar Free Jello
0 everything

Last edited by AMonkey; 03-14-2009 at 08:41 PM..
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday's 3/14/09 Figures

Donna and all: I went to WalMart and got a Health O Meter digital scale that measures body fat, bone density, hydration and tracks your weight, saves it and tells you how much you've lost or gained and you can put in your goal weight. I programmed it and this is what it said:

Weight: 147.3
Body Fat: 35 (THIS IS HIGH - - must be all in my thighs)
Bone Density: 4.8 (literature won't tell you what's normal - gotta find out on the net)
Hydration: 47% (normal)

My food for today:

B: (2) 3" squares of coconut bread with ghee
L: 3 scrambled eggs
Snack: Burger King double cheeseburger w/onion, mayo - no bun
Snack: 4 thin slices of horseradish cheese
Supper: 2 cups of salad greens, shaved ham, 1 radish, 1 hard boiled egg with Greek Gazebo dressing.

I am still hungry and may have to eat meat or chesse before I go to bed.

******:

Cal: 1653
Fat: 71%
Protein: 27%
Carbs: 3% - 10.6 grams
Fiber: .3

Mike stepped on the scale. His weight goal is: 170. He is 162. His body fat is 30% and (good), hydration is 57%, Bone density 5.8.

Mike said that my upper weight is great and the only way I'm going to lose the thighs is to excercise. Probably right. Not feeling energetic enough today. I looked at that Magic Legs exercise contraption at Walmart and saw it on infomercial. Did you hear anybody that liked it? Going to check the reviews.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Do you like the scale? I'm thinking of getting one. My in-laws found a great little trampoline at Wallymart. I want one of those too if it's still on sale. My fat is in my thighs, that's for sure. My waist fluctuates so much! Once I get the waist under control, I'll be a happy camper.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monkey,

Just got the scale today so I'll let you in a week! But, I can tell you I don't like the numbers! Not the scales fault, tho.

Yes, I'll be a happy camper too once I start losing like I should.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi! Can I join in? I am attempting to stay as true to Atkins 72 induction as possible and have about 13 pounds to lose. Well, actually, according to my stats, only 8, but I think I probably need to lose another 5 after that so I'm thinking I'm gonna change my goal. Either way, I'm very serious about just getting it done! Here's todays menu:

b: egg cream with about 2oz hwc, designer whey protein, 2 eggs, water, ice
l: 2 hamburger patties, small salad
d: Coney Island Chili Dog casserole and a few green beans

wow, I just realized, no snacks today!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:30 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, all, Welcome Leisa!!

I felt so alone yesterday!!!

Stix purple today-"moderate"-YAY finally! Wonder what I did yest. to make it so???? Stats are about the same.

HUNGRY this am, but ex. before I eat. May have another muffin but I am trying so hard to keep the cals down, but I just am hungry and I know I should n't be.

Linda, I think my scale does all that too but I can't program it! The directions are easy but it just doesn't let me arrow up or down to put the numbers in! I do like it though-

157.3 today which is .4 losss. According to ****** I should be using around 1100 cals a day and losing .25 a day to reach 140 by 4/12-an arbitrary date.

Mike is probably right about the ex. Ugh.

Flax crackers-1 part flaxmeal, 1 part water-I sue .25 cup each and have 2 batches; a bit of salt; spread thinly on parchment; mic about a minute until not soft in the middle. It hardens more as it cools. Break apart.

Forgot to get the flour-might get it today. How is the glycerine difference from Splenda? I never thought of glycerine being sweet.

Monkey, the egg/meat fast is just that? How many calories allowed?

I will do lower body workout today, and maybe upper. Would sure love to see this pooch go away...
Old 03-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WELCOME LEISA!

Glad to see someone else is doing the Atkins 1972 Bootcamp besides me!

I started on 2/16 with the newer version but didn't get far. So, I am easing in to the 1972 version Induction this weekend with the official day being tomorrow (Monday). I know part of my reason of my slow weight loss is that I lose interest in excercise real quick and that'll be part of the bootcamp. I am even in my gym sweats today to get my butt in gear. I also have house chores to do and my hubby wants me to bake him Chocolate/Peanut Butter TandyCakes today non-dieter version!

How long were you on 1972 Atkins Induction so far and are you noticing a difference in your weight loss compared to other plans?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday

Quote:

[COLOR="Blue"]GOOD MORNING EVERYONE![/COLOR]

I felt so alone yesterday!!! [COLOR="blue"] Like I said, I wrote but it didn't take; then I realized it last night. Most nights I am alone here on this thread and feel like a babbling idiot! [/COLOR]

Stix purple today-"moderate"-YAY finally! Wonder what I did yest. to make it so???? Stats are about the same. [COLOR="blue"]Good, Donna, in Ketosis! I have to check mine today. [/COLOR]

Linda, I think my scale does all that too but I can't program it! The directions are easy but it just doesn't let me arrow up or down to put the numbers in! I do like it though- [COLOR="blue"]It may be faulty - you should return it.[/COLOR]

157.3 today which is .4 losss. According to ****** I should be using around 1100 cals a day and losing .25 a day to reach 140 by 4/12-an arbitrary date.
[COLOR="blue"]What do you mean "using 1100" - in your calorie burns vs. what calories you ate? [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Mike is probably right about the ex. Ugh. He usually is right - smart guy.[/COLOR]

Flax crackers-1 part flaxmeal, 1 part water-I sue .25 cup each and have 2 batches; a bit of salt; spread thinly on parchment; mic about a minute until not soft in the middle. It hardens more as it cools. Break apart.

[COLOR="blue"]Thanks, I'll remember that for when I can get off this Induction. I don't think I'm allowed any grains this week. I do miss crackers. I would make my batch with grated cheddar cheese and pretend they're CHEEZ-ITS! [/COLOR]

Forgot to get the flour-might get it today. How is the glycerine difference from Splenda? I never thought of glycerine being sweet.

[COLOR="blue"]I think it's sweet but not AS sweet as artificial sweeter of any kind - you would have to add more than what the recipe calls for but the coconut bread was fine with only 2T and that's what the recipe called for 2 T of Honey. I've got to pitch the leftover ones and probably make my boss a fresh batch. He's been good on this diet. He's at 298 now from 310. He deserves a treat. He's doing the newer version and I think that's fine for now. It's a big adjustment for him as it is. [/COLOR]

I will do lower body workout today, and maybe upper. Would sure love to see this pooch go away...
[COLOR="blue"]When I was at Wallymart (intentional spelling error) I saw those ankle weights and was about to get them but didn't. Then I saw that Magic Leg and wanted that and didn't get it. I read the reviews on it and every body says it is HARD to do and you will feel the burn. The infomercial has these beautiful girls doing it like it's so easy but it is not. A few minutes at a time is all most can do. More good reviews and the bad ones are saying that the machine is noisy (but someone sprayed cooking oil and now it's better) and alot of short people cannot use it. It's something I'll keep in mind. Of course, Mike knows me and thinks it would be a waste of money because I won't use it. This morning I got to thinking that if I buy the ankle weights, I can do about the same thing without the machine and it would be cheaper and without taking up space. So, mental note to get the ankle weights.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]I have a little pooch too that I quickly got rid of when I was at the gym doing stomach crunches. That'll be part of my routine today. I swear it's all water weight there. Excercise is the best thing for getting rid of water weight. After the gym, I always weighed less the next morning.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]I weighed myself this morning on my scale and it is down 3 lbs to 145.
The difference is probably that yesterday EVENING I weighed myself with all the water, coffee, food and this morning, I weighed without nothing in my tummy. So, I'll weigh myself every morning as soon as I get up for accuracy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]I don't understand this body fat % business on my scale. If I do my BMI online - it's like 23. So, what is this body fat of 35% about? According to the internet - that would mean I'm obese! The instructions with the scale says it's HIGH. How does that differ from BMI? Plus, I couldn't find any info on the internet about the ideal "bone mass". The scale instructions say "see your doctor". This morning it was a little less than last night! 4.6. ???
[/COLOR]
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

YAY LINDA for the loss! Put it right on your siggy so it "sticks"

Can't figure out what made stix go from trace to moderate but I'll take it. Hope it stays that way tomorrow, but I am doing high fat today already.

Made the 2 minute flax bread with one extra T each flax and almond meal-made a big, dense "roll" if you will, that I spread with cr. cheese, a slice of boiled ham, bacon, and .25 avocado-my fat is already at 72%. I love sandwiches and I am very happy and FULL.

In the process of making those cupcakes, and have tasted a bit. Good, but I am not really tempted. Since it is the first time making them, and I am making them for a crowd, I really do need to make sure they are ok. But what's not okay about chocolate, mascarpone, choc. chips, and ganache frosting??? Linda, do you think I should frost them today and fridge or wait till tomorrow? Directions don't say. I am inclined to frost and fridge today....

Yes, the 1100 is ****** in the weight goal area, I think, but since we don't go by calories, I am not going by it, but I am trying to keep them at 1500 without any luck.

I always do my stix first "time" in the morning, whenever that is.

I'm going to have Dave see if he can do the scale, but he is a technological dumbbell. And today he is with his mistress (golf) for the first time this year.

I don't think flax is considered a grain, is it? Anyway, you'll have to wait...

I put the weights on when I do the ex. I figure it can't hurt. My pooch isn't so little. I compared it with where I was a couple years ago and it is 2" bigger, as is my waist and hips. DA***IT-why can't the pounds just stay off???

I did my lower body ex. Upper?? Maybe....but my tummy is full....

What do you all think of starting a new thread each week? This one is getting pretty long....

Last edited by Scotty; 03-15-2009 at 11:00 AM..
Old 03-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Making Mike's TandyCakes now. Have a small fryer chicken out to roast. Love cold chicken for snacking. Also, planning on making Oopsie rolls so I can make sandwiches.

My best guess is that your ketosis took longer because you were on higher carb than what the Atkins 72 allows for carbs but it's there - - so enjoy! Eating more fat and protein now will help you stick in the ketosis state. Now your body is in the fat burning mode. I think that excercise helps the fat burn too and the ketosis set in. Why? Because your body has to burn fat to make up for your muscles being challenged, broken down and rebuilt. When we excercise, the muscle breaks down and rebuilds. That's why they are sore but each time it has to breakdown and repair, they get bigger.

Mike thinks the ankle weights is a good idea (he was going to buy me the Magic Legs with some reservation) but I told him that I need to earn that by doing excercise and I'll be happy with the ankle weights for now. He said "repetition" and "consistancy" is key to excercise helping at all. He reminisiced when he met me (age 22) and was very slim and trim; but he said you always had weight in your hips and thighs (though thinner than now) and that's just the way you are built, Linda. He said your hip bones are wide and that's why I show the extra lbs and then it extends to my thighs. He also recommends that I wear high square heels most of the time because that is a leg workout. He's noticed that women who wear high heels have calf muscles that are built, toned and shapely - even with heavy women. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Today, he's calling me skinny (for morale, I'm sure). [/COLOR]
Old 03-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

All the cupcakes are made. Made a lot! Kinda dry...but good.

My gross carbs so far are 26.3 and fiber is 14.2.

Suggestions for what I can have as veg with my chicken thigh tonight?? It was the mini cupcake I had as my taste that gave me 7.1 grams...

Did my lower body workout.

Howzabout the rest of you?
Old 03-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Glad to see someone else is doing the Atkins 1972 Bootcamp besides me!

I started on 2/16 with the newer version but didn't get far. So, I am easing in to the 1972 version Induction this weekend with the official day being tomorrow (Monday). I know part of my reason of my slow weight loss is that I lose interest in excercise real quick and that'll be part of the bootcamp. I am even in my gym sweats today to get my butt in gear. I also have house chores to do and my hubby wants me to bake him Chocolate/Peanut Butter TandyCakes today non-dieter version!

How long were you on 1972 Atkins Induction so far and are you noticing a difference in your weight loss compared to other plans?
Hi Linda, I started getting really serious about my low carb woe in late December, but wasn't really doing 72 at that point. I can't really remember when I decided to go with 72 and I don't know how exactly I've stuck to it, but have been pretty good. February was a horrible month for me as I had a LOT of stress with sick kids, one of whom had a kidney stone and spent the night in the hospital with her (only 9 years old) January 1st I was at 139.4, Feb 1st, I was at 138 after much up and down. March 1st I was at 137.4 and I'm now at 135. Not good! I'm hoping to be at 130 by the end of this month by cutting out some of the AS that causes me problems. I'm also done waiting on motivation to exercise. I am now (as of today) going to exercise whether I want to or not. I think I have been waiting for some grand motivation to hit and it's not happening. So today, I put on my workout clothes and hit the road for a one hour walk/jog. I'm either trying to get a bladder infection or I have a kidney stone (in the beginning the often mimic each other for me) so the jogging wasn't a great idea this time so I just walked briskly. Felt SO good!

I think I need more time doing it consistently, but I do feel SO much better cutting out the AS and the extra stuff that I was having when I tried to do a more modified version. My current menus look much like yesterdays. It was:

B: an egg cream with 2 eggs, whey protein, hwc and water
L: 2 hamburger patties and a small salad with ranch dressing
D: Coney Island Chili Dog Pie and small salad with ranch dressing.

I was in deeper ketosis this morning as well but up one pound from yesterday. I think I was a little bloated and I feel like I"m losing some water today. ok, so that probably was way more than you wanted to know and didn't really answer your question sorry!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
All the cupcakes are made. Made a lot! Kinda dry...but good.

My gross carbs so far are 26.3 and fiber is 14.2.

Suggestions for what I can have as veg with my chicken thigh tonight?? It was the mini cupcake I had as my taste that gave me 7.1 grams...

Did my lower body workout.

Howzabout the rest of you?
I could NEVER do even a mini cupcake without it taking me a week to undo that! wow! As for exercise, as I said to Linda, I had a one hour walk outside which was so nice!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote