Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
tHAT wHITECASTLE THING- A RECIPE FROM HERE? SORRY RE: CAPS-TYPING ONE-FINGERED WHILST ON HOLD- DIDN'T KNOW CAPS WAS ON
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna,

I think the recipe came from Linda Sue's blog. It you find it and make it, double recipe and add mustard on the top which enhances the flavor. Relish is not low carb.

I weighed in and the same weight??? The weeks work awarded me a smaller waist. Oh well. My calories are low lately but it's not dropping my weight. I wasn't try to lower my cals just not hungry much anymore. I'm going to do a average on ******...hold on ...I'll do it now.

Okay - since the beginning the averages:

Calories: 1396
Fat: 62%
Carbs: 5% - 18 grams
Protein: 30%
Fiber: 3.7 grams

I keep thinking about the elimination of refined flour, sugar, grains, potatoes, rice and wonder why I'm not losing more?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Boy, your numbers sure look good-almost a month, right? To be honest, I'd be happy with the inches gone-it's the clothing not fitting that bothers me.

It's certainly a conundrum that we are doing everything more than right, but things aren't going the way they should. It's hard to keep optimistic, and not HAVE THAT DRINK (or 5).
Old 03-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Yep!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tues 3/10/09 - Evening Eats

My eating and stats:

B: 2 cups coffee black
L: Catfish broiled w/ghee, bay seasoning, onion & garlic salt
1 cup romaine w/hemp seeds, cukes w/greek gazebo dressing.
Snack: 1 can Diet Rite soda
D: 3 hot dogs, 1/4 cup sauerkraut w/ghee, 3 boiled radishes
1 oz roasted fennel.
Late snack: Linda Sue's Deep dish pizza (yummmm) 1 slice w/pepperoni

******:

Calorie: 1280
Fat: 74%
Protein: 20%
Carbs: 19 grams

This pizza is a keeper and I'll probably make it 1x a week! Very easy and foolproof. Instead of using a long rectangular glass dish, I used a 9" metal springform pan and grease it w/Crisco and then parchment paper. Baked the crust - then, refridgerated it for an hr - then topped it off, baked it for 20 mins. perfect! Husband Mike, liked it too! He can't have regular pizza because of this wheat sensitivity so this was a treat for him too.
[COLOR="Red"]1 slice is only 2 net carbs. [/COLOR]

Went a little higher than usual on my carbs today but I need a break! Either I'm going to ride this out or go on 1972 Induction for 1 week to kick start ketosis. My stick today hardly changed any color!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I've been doing so well, and then today... I had 25 carbs, and they were all from Hershey's minatures. I got stuck at work - 10 hours straight. I missed my window to take lunch, and then caved in around 4:00 and snagged a handful of candies from the communal candy bowl. And of course candy on an empty stomach isn't too nice.

So now I'm at home eating a Trader Joes Italian sausage and broccoli. Tomorrow is a new day!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:43 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Girls,
I just can't see why going to -OMG - 19 or 25 carbs should derail anyone! I mean, isn't the average carb intake around 200?

Monkey-today is a new day-no guilt, move on. What is the TJ sausage and broccoli? Carbs in it? If low, I'll get some.

Linda, is that net or gross carbs? How in the world do you keep your calories so low??? 3 hot dogs-ghee, pizza??? Must be the "no bkfst" thing.

Is that the pizza with the crust made of cheese? I've not made any of her rec. but they look good. How did you make your fennel? Did you like it? Do you make your own ghee?

Scale says 156 today, but I don't believe it since I didn't really eat supper, or rather, after an awful day, had, uh, wine for supper.... Got the best night's sleep I've had in years!
cals 1469; fat 36%; carbs 7%; pro. 23%

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I've been doing so well, and then today... I had 25 carbs, and they were all from Hershey's minatures. I got stuck at work - 10 hours straight. I missed my window to take lunch, and then caved in around 4:00 and snagged a handful of candies from the communal candy bowl. And of course candy on an empty stomach isn't too nice.

So now I'm at home eating a Trader Joes Italian sausage and broccoli. Tomorrow is a new day!
Monkey,
You must be doing something right - look at your beginning weight and now. You've lost more weight than AtkinGoddess and I combined and we stay pure most of the time. How long did it take to lose the weight?

If I went those many hours without food, I'd be eating carbboard boxes from my office and I bet those have alot of carbs! Don't worry about it and maybe packing emergency food will stave off your appetite till you get home.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="blue"]Donna,[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]I guess you're right but I'll see what the scale shows at work. I keep thinking that 1 week of 1972 version of Atkins is what I'll need to kick off the ketosis and until then, it's going to be slow going. How in the world did you reach 138 lbs doing Atkins? (I think you said this). What did you eat then or were you excercising hardcore?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]The carbs I write on the boards are gross carbs straight from the ****** column under carbs and that number I think is the gross amt. Yeah, 3 hot dogs! They were good. I fried them on my cast iron skillet - tasted like outside grill. Mike had two - a lot for him The no-breakfast doesn't make a difference because I had just protein then (eggs, cheese) - you know, those cheesy egg bakes. The pizza carbs are just from the tiny bit of cream cheese and pizza sauce which I put on thinly. [/COLOR]

Here's the recipe:

4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup of parm. cheese
1/4 teas. oregano or Italian seasonings
1/4 teas. garlic powder
8 oz (which amts to a Kraft bag) of shredded Mozz. cheese (for crust)
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 oz of Mozz cheese (for topping)
And the toppings of your choice i.e, pepperoni, hamburger etc.

CRUST: In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth, add eggs until smooth, add 1/4 cup parm cheese and italian seasonings, garlic powder and mix until all is wet.

Grease pan, put parchment paper on top. I used a 9" spring form pan - it worked out great and I had the round pizza look. Linda Sue suggests a 9/13 glass rectangular pan but that would thin out the crust unless you doubled the crust recipe. Spread the above crust mixture in pan and bake at 375 for 20 min. or until crust is brown. Remove and stick in fridge until cold.

Then stack on your topppings and rebake same temp for 15 min - 20 mins.

I let it sit for 5 mins, removed the rim of the pan and served. I have leftovers for lunch today to share w/boss

[COLOR="Blue"]Fennel, I made the other day w/eggplant and zukes - sliced, roasted w/olive oil, salt and pepper; then when done, added a little lemon juice and Harissa Moroccan hot sauce and a little more olive oil. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Ghee: I make my own - I prefer it over regular butter for the flavor plus it doesn't have any milk fat. In Auyrvedic - it is "medicine" - great for digestion as it heals the intestines. To make ghee:[/COLOR]

1 1/2 lbs. of unsalted butter (purists used organic unsalted butter but it is twice the price)

1) In a non-stick saucepan, melt the butter with medium heat and let it go for about 15 mins. You'll see the milk fat foam rise to the top. Then, I skim it because you're going to have to watch for the moment that the color of the butter turns from yellow to a very light amber. When that does, skim again for any residual foam. Remove to unlight burner and let sit for 15 mins.

2) Take a fine mesh sifter, place cheesecloth inside of it and drain the butter thru it in the container of your choice w/lid. The brown bits on the bottom of the pan should be caught by the cheese cloth and there's your ghee.

Alot of people think that it's fine to leave it room temperature because the miilkfat is gone - therefore can't spoil; however, I refridgerate it. It has a very high heating temperature - like olive oil now that the milk fats are gone and it doesn't burn like regular butter.

[COLOR="blue"]I use it for everything - cooking, baking and love it on toast (or used to).
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Were you on the "go" last night? Maybe you burned fat and that's why the scale is lower?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Anyway, congrats and believe it! [/COLOR]
Old 03-11-2009, 06:41 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Oh, yeah, according to Linda Sue's Pizza recipe below, the stats on this (to record in your ****** as a "created food") is:

8 servings.

Per serving: 304 cals, 25g fat, 17g protein, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g net carbs.[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-11-2009 at 06:42 AM..
Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Linda,
I've made clarified butter often, but, as I thought, Ghee is browned a bit to give more flavor. I make a butter cookie made with browned butter-yum.

If by "on the go" you meant on the toilet, or ex. -no to both. I just think it's because of the empty stomach-well, empty except for the wine...

Printed out the pizza recipe to try, and gave one to "Ricardo Locarbo" who works here with me, and sometimes posts to the boards.

I love hot dogs with the skins that crunch and pop when you bite into them - and FRENCH FRIES (my downfall, along with kettle potato chips-I can say no to chocolate but not them...)

The fennel dish sounded great. I really love roasted veggies-Barefoot Contessa makes a soup with leftovers, but I never have any leftovers!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the go - I meant - running around and doing things outside the house. Must be a Pennsylvania term..... I wasn't inquiring about your elimination capacities. Hope this isn't TMI for you, but I took a magnesium last night and still the scale won't budge!

Yesterday, I ordered 2 books from George Stella on low carb recipes (the ratings were great on Amazon). His website is awesome and inspiring. I also ordered Atkins 2003 The New Atkins Revolution Diet with carb counter the other day - awaiting that one. I didn't order the 1972 version since its on this board and I think that's what I was doing back 5 yrs ago.

I called my doctor's office when I came into work and weigh myself and showed no loss. I left a phone message that I'm due for a physical and that I think I might have hypothyroidism and that I want an ACCURATE test as well as other bloodwork and then I'll make an appointment to go over ther results. I have 4 of the 6 symptoms. One of them being the inability to lose weight. Another, other-can't stand the cold.

Even when I went on the 6 week bodymakeover diet 2 yrs ago (for obese people) I only went down to 144. That was tiny portions of carbs, meat, fruit. No fat, no dairy, no sugar, no salt, no flour of any type, certain veggies and fruits and portions and eating every 3 hrs. I already told you about this. It ends up being very low cal and I was starving. At that time, I was up to 170 due to 5 months of steroids so the diet had me lose substantially; however, the base weight was 144.

5 years ago on Atkins, I was down to 135+/- with thinish thighs to boot. My thighs reduced THIS TIME a little bit but are still fatty and flabby. What I've learned from the blood type diet is that blood type O's are prone for hypo-thryoidism. Another consideration is if it's candida - the 1972 Atkins version along with prescription will kill it. Dr. Atkins talks about candida and the inability to lose weight even on his plan.

So, in all in all, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. It may just be the cold season and my genes are stingy to lose the fat or lack of excercise but that has never been a strong point with me. I just don't want to bust my butt, get sore, not lose weight and then find out its a thyroid problem. Ya know what I mean?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Holly H
Stats: 209/165/135
WOE: modified atkins
Start Date: September 2007
i love this thread

I've been doing a restricted carb diet for a few years now, on and off, i've been able to maintain my pant size, for the most part, and had been off of low carb since July 08.

Now here we are in March 09 and my pants are getting a bit tight.

I've recently decided to go back full force on low carb and get down to about 135- my last weight in was 165! I don't have a scale, as I get too obsessive about it, but when i am buying size 8's i'll know it's working.

My short term goal, between now and May 1st, is to be down to 150, hence the 15 lbs. Let me know if anyone has any tips!
Holly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Holly! Welcome to the slow loser's lane... How tall are you?
My only tip is to journal all your food. I use ******.com Free. It really makes a difference, and if you will think twice about having that chocolate if you know you have to write it down. Also, drink plenty of water. Good for you for not using the scale. I was a size 8 for about 15 minutes... loved it!

Linda, I use "on the go" too, but since you had it in quotes, thought it might mean something else. I hope you get your answers. No reason you should starve yourself. So, you're not exercising? But then how are you losing the inches?

I liked Stella on Food Network-haven't gone to the website-or maybe I did, and it looked like all forums?

The Atkins book I had was the 2003-but I think Dave gave it away...I still have the carb counter, but I really rely on ******.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, didn't answer your question about getting to 138. I was really ex. a lot-45 min/day of Pilates and another tape, and then there was a situation with a lot of stress where I just mostly didn't eat for a few weeks. I am not a stress eater. I sure liked weighing that. It's just a bit above where I was in high school. And...I was buff!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Red"]atkinsgoddess; Hi Holly! Welcome to the slow loser's lane... [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]hyst: OMG Donna, you made my day by writing this. I laughed out loud, Mike was wondering what the heaven was going on that I am laughing at the computer screen! [/COLOR]

Linda, I use "on the go" too, but since you had it in quotes, thought it might mean something else. I hope you get your answers. No reason you should starve yourself. [COLOR="Blue"]Now would be a good time because I have less of an appetite anyways [/COLOR]

So, you're not exercising? But then how are you losing the inches?

[COLOR="Blue"]Doing some kick ups and walking the dog now and then - not sweating[/COLOR]

I liked Stella on Food Network-haven't gone to the website-or maybe I did, and it looked like all forums?

[COLOR="Blue"]I never seen him on TV. Go to the website and read his journey. His family was overweight too and they are thin now! [/COLOR]

The Atkins book I had was the 2003-but I think Dave gave it away...I still have the carb counter, but I really rely on ******.

[COLOR="Blue"]The carb counter is just an addition - one that I can take with me to the grocery store to shop for low carb veggies mostly. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Mike, just said as I'm writing to you that because I've done Atkins 72 in the past, that is why I lost so much weight and I'm doing his new version now. He says that's why I'm not in ketosis and once that happens, then the weight will come off. My sentiments exactly except I think it may be more than that, He just made me a rum and Diet Rite to calm my nerves! A first time for him to do such a thing. Never mind the fact that it doesn't help my anti-ketosis state![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]By the way, the last time I did 1972 Atkins, I did not excercise and still lost weight. My dad was on his way out and stress was a factor but still....and I quit smoking too[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]My doctor's office called back and said that my doc is in agreement with my thoughts and they are sending a blood workup to my home for me to get the testing done and then make an appointment for the physical with him to go over the results. I emphasized I want an ACCURATE thyroid test. I know that most are not. I think he would be nice enough to put me on thyroid pills even if the test run negative because he trusts what people know about their body. I just hope it doesn't cost us too much - we haven't made our deductible yet.

I told the doc the last time that he is a blood type O and needs to eat more protein and fats and lay off the carbs. He said "how did I know that?" After the appointment, months later, Mike went to see him and he lost all this weight. Mike asked him what he's doing - he said low carb!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-11-2009 at 04:06 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly H View Post
I've been doing a restricted carb diet for a few years now, on and off, i've been able to maintain my pant size, for the most part, and had been off of low carb since July 08.

Now here we are in March 09 and my pants are getting a bit tight.

I've recently decided to go back full force on low carb and get down to about 135- my last weight in was 165! I don't have a scale, as I get too obsessive about it, but when i am buying size 8's i'll know it's working.

My short term goal, between now and May 1st, is to be down to 150, hence the 15 lbs. Let me know if anyone has any tips!
[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome aboard Donna (Atkins Goddess) is right.... this is the slowest losers thread! I am 49 yrs old and I can tell you that the older you get the harder it is to lose. Read the whole thread and you'll get a gist of what I'm saying. We would be happy to help you with any questions you have. [/COLOR]
Old 03-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I am still in awe of those inches off with, according to what you said, not much ex. what does hyst mean or is that just from the emoticon?
I knew about Stella's journey-quite something for a chef.
Here are my stats for the day:
cals 1690-would be less, but I had a couple vodkas made into low carb "lemon drops" (I have a mix)
fat 43%
carb-4%
protein - 31%
had a tyson pot roast and gravy for supper, some pork rinds and cheese. Didn't feel like cooking, and DH had a class to teach, and of course I'm still hungry but don't feel I have any more cals to use.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-11-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, I am still in awe of those inches off with, according to what you said, not much ex. [COLOR="Blue"] Thanks, but most of my inches from my already skinny arms.[/COLOR]

what does hyst mean or is that just from the emoticon? [COLOR="blue"]Hyst is from the emoticon. [/COLOR]

I knew about Stella's journey-quite something for a chef.

[COLOR="Blue"]Yeah anyway, a chef! Most chefs are heavy...Emeril, Rachael Ray, Barefoot Contessa (by the way, I love her cooking but too high calorie and rich for my hips and thighs). Then, on the other hand, you have Giada on Everyday Italian that is skinny - one who says she eats tiny bits of food. And don't forget Sandra Lee. I used to watch Food TV every single day. I was on a whole foods diet - which made me gain weight with their delicious recipes. I can't watch it anymore - I think of all that I'm missing and don't want to go there. [/COLOR]

Here are my stats for the day:
cals 1690-would be less, but I had a couple vodkas made into low carb "lemon drops" (I have a mix)
fat 43%
carb-4%
protein - 31%
had a tyson pot roast and gravy for supper [COLOR="blue"](what, gravy with all the wheat and carbs? - how did your carbs become so low then?) [/COLOR], some pork rinds and cheese. Didn't feel like cooking, and DH had a class to teach, and of course I'm still hungry but don't feel I have any more cals to use.
[COLOR="blue"]I had a Burger King double cheeseburger no bun, no catshup on my way home from work and making another cheeseburger w/salad. Don't feel like cooking either but the rum and diet coke gave me an appetite that I didn't have when I came home. The rum is Bacardi 151 - strong stuff. Hopefully, I'll go to sleep before I get hungry again after this dinner. [/COLOR]
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
The Trader Joe's Italian sausage (chicken) is 90 calories and one carb. You can get regular or spicy. Traders is a great store.

I started Atkin's in October. I'm at 133'ish right now. I was at 130 last month. I freaked out when I "stalled" and have slipped around. I had some medicial stuff going on and used it as an excuse to indulge in food and drink that was off plan. I rationalized eating potato chips by taking carb blockers. So much of this is about giving up old habits and need for specific "comfort" foods.

The good news is that I have gone from squeezing into a size 14, to wearing a size 6 (I'm 5'2").

What did I do right? Prepared meals ahead of time so I didn't go without eating at work. Ate small meals thoughout the day - didn't skip breakfast. Drank at least 8 glasses of water. Kept my calories to the recommended 1,500level or a bit above. Stayed under 20 carbs. No Frankenfoods. Started going to the gym in the begining of December.

Holly!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Yup, Love TJ's-we just got ours about a year ago. It's always busy.
Monkey, you are so right about changing habits. AND it looks like you are doing everything right. What size do you want to be? I have no idea what a 5'2" person "should" wear. To me, a 6 is tiny. I felt great in an 8.

Linda, I just plugged in the nutritional data from the box. It is 3 carbs per serving (a serving being 5 oz...RIGHT!) I had 2 servings.

I enjoy the food channel, but mostly watch Good Eats. I like Barefoot Contessa too. Sandra Lee makes her food SOUND good, but in reality, it isn't that good. The roasted fennel with parm. is one of Giada's.

Scale says 157.5-see I knew it wasn't true, but it's still net down .5 which I WILL take.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:36 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wed, 3-11-09 Eating stats

Good Morning All

Yesterdays figs:

Cal: 1293
Fat: 58%
Prot: 28
Carbs: 12.8, Fiber: 4.3g

B: none

L: Linda Sue's Low Carb pizza - 1 sm. slice and 3 broccoli flowers w/ghee
Snack: Burger King Double Cheeseburger w/o roll, catshup

D: 1/4 lb. Bubba burger - baked, little onion, 1 slice cheese, 1 1/2 cups salad w/Newman's Own Italian Cheese dressing.

and a couple of rum and diets cokes :blush:
Went to bed early 10:30 for a change because of the above.

Donna: I like those Hormel quick meals and the carbs are good. I must get them!

Monkey: You are doing great! You have adopted good habits (breakfast) for example and a good attitude. I wish I was more of a breakfast person - never was. In fact, sometimes when I think of food when I get up, I have symptoms of morning sickness like when I was pregnant. For me to be hungry for breakfast, I would have to get up early, have a couple of cups of coffee and in 1 1/2 hrs - I could then push myself to eat it. But I don't get up early enough these day to accomodate that. I could eat a little once I get to work. We have a kitchen w/stove and toaster oven. Hmmm. maybe I'll just make some deviled eggs this morning and keep them.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

HELPP!!! There is a wholesaler here with breakfast!! Carb city!! If I just don't go into the conference room, I'll be ok. And, actually I can say no to donuts, but not to croissants!! Let's hope there aren't any...but, they have lots of butter, that should count for something...

Linda, those drinks do me in every time. I'm better off having none at all, since one leads to two, etc. AND they whet my appetite.

I am hungry since I don't eat bkfst before work-I will have my frittata and some decaf with cream..
Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Luckily, there were only donuts and bagels-had a tiny corner of a French cruller-like less than.5 cubic inch, so I'm ok for now...
We have Bubba burgers in the freezer-they're pretty good for a fast meal.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-12-2009 at 08:29 AM..
Old 03-12-2009, 08:57 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugghhhh

Up 1lb today now at : 148.8! That does it. Atkins 1972 next Monday for 1 week (at least). No adult drinks for that week. Need to kick off ketosis because as of last night - it didn't even change color - white!

Those 2 Rum and Diet Rites last night did me in. Got great sleep but retaining water or perhaps the sugar in the rum retained fat.

I measured myself this morning - that's the same as the last measure.

So, next week I'll be living on meat, salads, water and I believe in 1972, Dr. Atkins said up to 6 cups of coffee. I may need that to function.

Donna, good for you to resist the sugary goop that add to the hips.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Atkins 72

Will be interested to see how things go with the 72. We just need to stay away from the booze, darn it.
I'm going to have a pure and clean day today....if it kills me!!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sexy again
Stats: +15/+11/-15
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan09/restart July 20
Still on induction trying to lose those last 15 lbs

Hi everyone! I missed this site. I've been without internet for a month I moved to a new home and have been really busy. I have really messed up, started eating desserts and pasta, all kinds of bad stuff. I really like to bake desserts for my family. My babys dad is in the navy and he will be living in April for a year and I'm trying to spoil him with good desserts and dinners before he leaves. He loves my food. So it really hard for me not to have dessert with him. I'm going to try induction again, everyone here is so supportive I couldn't wait to log in
Sexy again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sexy again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy again View Post
Hi everyone! I missed this site. I've been without internet for a month I moved to a new home and have been really busy. I have really messed up, started eating desserts and pasta, all kinds of bad stuff. I really like to bake desserts for my family. My babys dad is in the navy and he will be living in April for a year and I'm trying to spoil him with good desserts and dinners before he leaves. He loves my food. So it really hard for me not to have dessert with him. I'm going to try induction again, everyone here is so supportive I couldn't wait to log in
[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome back! Sounds like you're in for alot of changes between the home and your babys dad leaving. Can't blame you a bit for wanting to spoil him and yourself now. Glad to see you back! [/COLOR]
Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Coconut Bread

I made Coconut Bread tonight using coconut oil and coconut flour. I figured it out in ****** to be 1.6 carbs for a serving based on 1 of 10 servings. It is good! I'll share the recipe if anyone cares to know.

My stats for today:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: 4 deviled eggs, 2 oz. veal chop, 3 slices of cucumbers
Dinner: 2 cheesy egg bakes, 2 slices of SPAM, 1/3 cup homemade creamed spinach
Snack: 1 3x3" piece of coconut bread
I drank more water today than usual. No adult drink. We'll see if the scale shows a better #.

******:
Cal: 1250
Fat: 83&
Prot: 13%
Carbs: 10.3
Fiber: 15.6
Old 03-13-2009, 04:18 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, how can your cals be that low with all that food???

Love coconut-recipe! But what is coconut flour? I have unsweetened coconut-grind it to a powder?

Sexy, spoil your man with Loooovvvve.... (and sweets) and treat yourself to a big honkin' steak.

Scale looks down today, but I'll wait till tomorrow for the true test.

I am really hungry!! Maybe I'm not a "no bkfst" person.