Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
That's my understanding too-desired weight X10 to lose, and it does make sense.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 155.8....AGAIN...but at least in the right direction. Now if I can get past the Red Hat gathering at the Ren Faire this weekend (hah) that would be nice.

So that's almost 2.8 pounds for those days. NOt great, but I'll take it. My cals have been just under 1400, fat 65%,carbs 4%, and protein 32% from 10/7-10/13 according to ******. SSoooo, looks like low cal, very low carb for me. whooppeee....

Didn't get a chance to look at youtube and can't do it at work. Busy tonight, but I'll get to it...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 10-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
The more you talk about it, the more sense it makes. I'll grab a copy soon - promise! I'm really feeling good now that I'm not eating meat. I do have to watch that I don't go bananas on the carbs. I'm still eating fish and eggs and occasionally chicken. If only the house didn't get stinky when cooking fish!

I still love Jillian, I just didn't want to pay to use her website. I can't eat the recipes, not trying to lose weight and have her DVDs and books - so why spend the $4 a week?! I'm going to print out her exercise routines though - I still have the flabbies to tackle.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well, including Safi. I'll know the results of the cat scan on the 28th and will post ASAP.

Annette
Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-so glad you're feeling better. Interesting that not eating meat is helping.

Down to 154.9 today, a new low-I can finally post legally to this thread

However, I had vodka last night, so tomorrow I will probably be up again. We went to see about the house, and husband and son in law were negotiating with the broker-gave me agita and a headache-my Libra soul is affected by these things, I guess. BUT I got a good night's sleep...

Linda, where are you??
Old 10-14-2009, 04:38 AM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!

Couldn't edit-just changed my stats on ******, and noticed that the "healthy" weight for my height starts at 121!!! I can't remember ever weighing that past the age of 10. I think I would be REALLY skinny, especially at this age. Wish I could see a picture of someone at 5'7.5" at that weight. When I was 138 people were telling me I was too thin, but I thought I was just right.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:00 AM   #1506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna:
Congrats on your weight loss - you are going in the right direction, kiddo.

Curiously, since you've learned of your future grandchild being un-breeched, your weight has been coming off. Cortisol is the hormone that kicks up when we women are stressed. Meditation may help you - visualizing yourself thin, healthy and happy.

I am still at 144.0 today. Yesterday my eats were:

B: coffee
L: 1 large cup of homemade chicken noodle soup using Dreamfields 5 g pasta - and 2 small slices of flax bread w/ghee.
Midafternoon-starving - no snacks at work
S: 4 oz thin-sliced strip steak, salad, 1/2 sweet potato fried w/ghee, italian green beans, yogurt. Still hungry.
Snack: apple and 3 slices of white american cheese

I definitely back loaded my calories. I was hoping to be low cal yesterday but it caught up with me by evening.

I was planning on going to the gym this morning but I thought I'd better get my blood test re-done from 3 months ago, make an appt w/doc. Since I'm 50 yrs old soon, he wants me to get a colonscopy. I would like to have it done by year end but that'll be a tight squeeze for dates since my BD is 12/8, my vacation is 12/8-12/15 and then I just have 15 more days to make in year end. The reason I'd like it this year is because my out of pocket has been reached. Otherwise, next year, I'll have to pay the out of pocket with this procedure.

Had mammogram last Saturday - they do it digitally - much less painful and quicker. They still put the baby girls in a vice but not as tight. I know, TMI.

Annette: don't blame you if you can't eat her menus. I signed up for Shape Diet Plan (free) and yesterday was the 1st day menu. Unbelievable what they said to eat.

B: corn flakes w/soy milk
L: Chef Salad, peach, 1 oz sour dough bread
snack: raisen cinnamon bagel chips w/margarine
S: Portabella burger (that is it)
Snack: Soft pretzel w/mustard.

Calories: 1062, Carbs: 60%, Fat: 20%, Protein 20%

__________________________________________________ ___________

Today, this is what they want me to eat:

Meals

Breakfast: 218 Calories
Melon Cantaloupe Cubes , Peanut Butter , Whole Wheat Bread

Lunch: 251 Calories
Fat-Free Pudding , Pink Lemonade , Mustard Dog

Dinner: 381 Calories
Curried Pork Burger with Mango Chutney

Snack: 351 Calories
Fresh Strawberries , Low-Fat Low-Sodium Popcorn

Orange Creamsicle

__________________________________________________ ________

For the week, their menu's calories are:

Wednesday Calories: 1201 No Cardio Scheduled
Thursday Calories: 1388 15 min Dance Aerobics

Friday Calories: 1390 No Cardio Scheduled
Saturday Calories: 1444 15 min Dance Aerobics

Sunday Calories: 1086 20 min Treadmill

Monday Calories: 1015 No Cardio Scheduled
Tuesday Calories: 1338 20 min Treadmill

Notice they don't tell you the quantity. Clearly a sugary menu.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 10-14-2009 at 05:03 AM..
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:39 AM   #1507
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, also curiously, I have been completetly "clean" with induction for two weeks...

121 pounds at 5'7.5"-can you imagine???

How do you like that Dreamfield's pasta? Can you get it at the regular store?

One of the girls is trying to lose weight-yesterday she had one of those "steamers" frozen meals. I commented on the small size of it and she agreed-also mentioned the salt and sugar, etc...

How do I answer people who talk about how we should eat "balanced" meals?

Last edited by Scotty; 10-14-2009 at 06:27 AM..
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #1508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, also curiously, I have been completetly "clean" with induction for two weeks...

121 pounds at 5'7.5"-can you imagine???

How do you like that Dreamfield's pasta? Can you get it at the regular store?

One of the girls is trying to lose weight-yesterday she had one of those "steamers" frozen meals. I commented on the small size of it and she agreed-also mentioned the salt and sugar, etc...

How do I answer people who talk about how we should eat "balanced" meals?
What brought up 121 lbs? Way too thin.

Dreamfields is found at regular grocery store with the other pastas.

How do you answer? Tell them that carbs makes you and many others hungry because of insulin release and excess insulin results in stored fat. Let them know there is no one diet that is "balanced" for everyone. It's all relative.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!

As per my first post, I was looking at the "healthy" range for my height ini ******-121-164. I would say the 164 is about right, but 121?? No way!! Would love to see what someone at that weight looks like.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!

I'm looking into Callanetics-anybody have any experience or knowledge of it? Rich says all the gals who do it are HOT!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #1511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have the beginner DVD from the originator - it's slow, gentle movements. Too soft core for me after joining the gym. I did it with one of my clients. She was 74 yrs old and it was too much for her. I like it when I was a newbie to exercise. What I need now is cardio - which I hate.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

I can't believe that menu! Jillian's menu's were pretty good. Even if I didn't have this issue with the acidic food I don't cook.

I swear a million percent by Jillian's eating and exercise plan. I lost 10 pounds following her plan. I would have lost it much faster if I followed it faithfully.

I have the weight down, but the eating mentality is a challenge. I can snack anyone under the table - it's ridiculous. So, I simply can't buy snacks. Out of sight, out of mind.

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:01 AM   #1513
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-I can EAT anyone under the table!!

Can you give me an example of a day's menu for her? Just curious.

Overnight, I have gained 2.1 pounds!!!
Stats for yesterday:
cals 1664
fat 66%
carbs 4%
protein 29%

Hoping for it to go away; I just can't seem to get and stay below 155. Vodka must have done it, BUT on that same day my stats were:
cals 1555
fat 48%
carbs 2%
protein 17%
and booze...
Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 AM   #1514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna:
Keep in mind for "actual" 2 pounds -you would have had to eat 7,000 more calories in a day. A little vodka couldn't do it unless you drank a case! This is just water retention and alcohol can do that. Did you ever notice your eyes being puffy the morning after drinking?

I had my blood test yesterday. The nurse could not read what my doc said the "reason" was and was looking up possibilities in her thick medical terminology book. She was irritated - not a good sign for me as she didn't stick me yet. The nurse asked me what he's treating me for and I said this was a follow up of a physical and the doc said I was low in B12 so she resigned and said she'll plug in that reason.

I told her to use the butterfly needle since my veins are tiny. She didn't comment but used it with a tube - took forever. It didn't hurt at the time but afterwords she rapped my arm so tight, boss and I were struggling to get it off. Then, my arm hurt all day - probably from circulation blockage So, I didn't go to the gym - wouldn't be able to do the arm machines. This morning I am dressed for the gym and going before work.

Last night, I made Meatloaf, Mac and Cheese (using Dreamfields macaroni) and had a taste - really good! I used the recipe on the box of Velveeta and added cheddar cheese, Herbs deProvince, onion and garlic powder and a little ghee and sprinkle paprika on top, bake for 30 min. Fast too. I'm having this for lunch and dinner.

I've been on a noodle kick for a couple of weeks. I am up 1 lb this morning but I ate carby yesterday. It's water weight - no way did I eat 3,500 calories more yesterday than usual.

B: coffee
L: a slice of pepperoni pizza, speghetti 1 cup, 1 meatball, small salad, garlic roll.
Snack: starving by supper - ate 2 BK sliders w/o catshup
Supper: 1 cup of mac and cheese, a few cashews, a cup of chicken noodle soup.

Amazing how carby foods make me hungry - cause and effect.

Annette: That's probably why you snack alot - carbs do make you hungry but it sounds like Atkins or a high protein/low carb diet doesn't agree with your body. Just choose your snacks wisely and you are doing great weight wise so no worries. My advice for you is to just eat for your medical condition so you feel well. I'm sure you can cook if you get a cookbook with simple recipes. Campbell soup makes a nice one that has just a few ingredients and it turns out well. If a person can read, they can cook. Don't be afraid of failure. Donna and I have made our share of flops. Practice makes perfect.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #1515
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, it wasn't exactly "a little vodka"...

"If a person can read, they can cook". That's what my MIL used to say and she was the worst cook I ever met !! But it is in fact true, but I think more importantly, you have to WANT to. She didn't want to.

I don't think I have seen Dreamfields around here, even at Whole Foods. I'm not a pasta eater, so no big deal, really. I've read mixed reviews of them.

Last edited by Scotty; 10-15-2009 at 06:42 AM..
Old 10-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #1516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna, I'm sure you didn't drink a case of it either! 7000 calories worth? nahhhh.
Do you ever notice how alcoholics have a "puffy" appearance especially in their face? That's WATER retention. That's what your 2 lbs are. I've got to slack off the booze too. Makers Mark burbon - though low carb is not condusive to losing weight. On my February blood test, my B12 was low and I've read that drinking can cause the depletion - yikes! I've been taking B complex ever since. That's not an excuse to keep on drinking. Most of the great places to eat are bar restaurants so the temptation is there. Perhaps when the cold weather comes, I will stay home more.

I went to the gym this morning and did 5 mins eclipitical, 20 mins treadmill and 1/2 hr of weight machines. All I had time for. It was on an empty tummy. Afterwards, I went to Dunkin Donuts to have their Flat bread egg white sammy. Just had lunch of meatloaf, mac and cheese, spinach. Now I'm full.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:59 AM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

Back up to 158.4. Had lobsters last night, which would have been fine if I hadn't had all the wine and bread....oh well, no regrets....I do love wine and bread....back to "normal" today. Comes on so easily, takes off so hard...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: threas
Stats: 5'6"~243/226/170-160
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: FEB.6th,2009
Hi Girls! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I start trying to catch up on all the missed posts and then I run out of time to post!:blush::blush:
I just ordered the Alternate Day Diet book. I need to shake it up and try something different. I keep gaining/losing the same 5 lbs. Not good when I have alot more to lose.
Hope everyone is well! TTYS.
threas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:20 AM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

THeresa, I am doing the same thing as you. How does the Alternate Day book work?

My cals last night were 2623 but even with all the bread, my carbs were "only" 85. Funny that I think of that as so much, when most people have 3 times that in a day...

Last edited by Scotty; 10-16-2009 at 06:22 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
THeresa, I am doing the same thing as you. How does the Alternate Day book work?

My cals last night were 2623 but even with all the bread, my carbs were "only" 85. Funny that I think of that as so much, when most people have 3 times that in a day...
You're doing the Alternative Day Diet? I didn't know that!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Guilty as charged - I don't really want to cook. Although, I have to admit that I am starting to get interested in cooking.

One thing to consider in the calorie count is that if you keep your calories low and then go high - you could gain weight easily if you metabolism has slowed down.

Today's meals

Breakfast
Hemp Protein Powder
Liquid Vitamin
Green/Red (antioxidant supplement powder)

Snack
Oatmeal w/flax

Lunch
Romain Lettuce
Avocado
Summer Squash
mung beans
Sprouted multi-grain bread

Dinner
Cottage Cheese
Pear
Multi-grain crackers

Snack
Pear
Blue corn tortilla chips

I did OK the last two days with the carbs. I think Tuesday's eating binge was PMS. But I definitely have to take the serving out of the bag and then put the bag up.

Jillian says the last 15 pounds are a whole different beast than higher weight loss. She recommends eating your base metabolism rate and burning the pounds off with exercise. I lost the last ten with exercise, and then by just walking.

My husband and I went to see Paranormal at the movies tonight. It was a very low-budget hand-held-camera movie that's been getting great reviews. I got so nauseated at the shaky camera that I had to close my eyes through most of the movie. Here's a review - the best part of the movie was when the film burned up and we got a 5 minute break.

Last edited by AMonkey; 10-16-2009 at 10:24 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 03:33 AM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: threas
Stats: 5'6"~243/226/170-160
WOE: LOW CARB
Start Date: FEB.6th,2009
Quote:

I haven't started it yet. Just ordered the book.
And I posted on the wrong subject.:blush: I have way more than 10-15 lbs. to lose.
threas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #1523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette: I read where a young lady ran out of the theater watching that movie - so scared. It sounds like that movie years ago Witch something. DH and I went to see it - dark background and running in the woods, shaky camera, no story to it. Hands down it was the worst movie I've seen. I tend to be very selective in movies. I definitely want to see the 2nd Twillight movie (Moon something in Nov). My daughter got me to watch Saw - original last weekend - didn't think I'd like it but did anyway because it has a plot w/twists.

Wow, your menu is lacking real meat which is what you're trying to avoid now, I think. Did you feel good by the end of the day? Without the density of animal protein, Donna and I would be close to fainting with hunger. But that may be just what your body needs. You gotta go by that.

What Jillian said makes sense. This week I ate alot of carbs (pasta - low carb but still) and regular pizza but the day I went to the gym - I did more cardio than weight machines, came home and did my exercise on the ball with the DVD and the next day my water weight was down. I could tell because my new jeans made me look thin and I was peeing all day long. I forgot to weight myself that morning but I could feel it. I'm planning on doing Jillian's Target Zones DVD today. I'm curious to see how much of it I can do - since I seem to be stronger than when I first did it. The ball DVD is 20 mins and it seemed easy for me but I felt a little sore in the back of my thighs for 2
days so it must have done something.

I know 5 women off the top of my head that don't cook at all or very little. One of them is my DD - the HomeEc teacher. Her fridge is all frozen bags of chicken fingers, pizza etc. I asked her where her fresh foods are and she says she does get fresh veggies and fruits sometimes. The fact is that she is very insecure about cooking and that's a shame. They say the best way to teach is by example - so my influence didn't help apparently. But to each his own. With the foods you need to eat, cooking isn't really required.

I bought a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid and it came in this week. Yesterday, I bought pork butts and chuck roast. I''m planning on making homemade scrapple, sausage patties and ground hamburger this weekend. I'm not liking the hamburger they sell in my area anymore - gristle, coarse ground and brown.

It's been raining for the past 2 days and will continue until Monday. I gotta go grocery shopping today and I hate to shop in this muck. My sinuses are already bad this morning. Eyes are goopy. Can't stand cold and damp weather. I wanna live in a hot climate area and so does DH but we gotta wait until he retires.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #1524
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, no, I meant losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over.

Screwed up again last night-red wine-but only one (thick) slice of bread-big thick boneless pork chops with almond crust. Good.

Not sure what is precipitating this-anger mostly...
Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 AM   #1525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, no, I meant losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over.

Screwed up again last night-red wine-but only one (thick) slice of bread-big thick boneless pork chops with almond crust. Good.

Not sure what is precipitating this-anger mostly...
Yeah, I was teasing...I am also doing the same 5 lbs over and over.

What are you angry about?
Old 10-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #1526
Major LCF Poster!

Lots of stuff-personal stuff...

Just did my stats-gulp

cals 2620
fat 43%
carb 11%
protein 25%
and alcohol....
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #1527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I weighed myself and I'm still at my signature weight: 144. Not so bad considering not dieting this week. I shudder to think what my ****** would have said with the stuff I ate.

Donna, if part of why you're angry is about your weight, don't be - you have your fun, your hubby says your good for an ole broad (that's a good male compliment).

Although I'd like to look slim and trim when I go on vacation, I also realize that I'm not going to look like I was 20 or 30 yrs old. Now that the cold weather has hit, I tend to want to cook more, eat more and eat those comfort foods that keep me warm. Besides, slacks hides more than shorts so I'm more motivated to diet during the spring/summer. I'm just trying to keep my calories down and exercise for now. But, who knows? I may go hard core low carb any day now.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

I am cooking something today! Well, does the crock pot count? And I am boiling my own eggs. Which doesn't sound like much, but it's a big deal for me. Yes, it is a confidence issue - you're right.

I have some chicken thighs that I need to cook, and it would be good to get a little meat protein in my system. I'm looking for a recipe that doesn't have items from my forbidden foods list.

I am short on protein, so I'm working on that. If I need to supplement with chicken until I get it together I can do that. But to answer your question - I feel great on this type of menu (minus the carb load). It's hard not to eat too many fats and carbs. Those are the "comfort" foods. From what I understand, if we're giving our body what it needs, nutritionally and emotionally - we won't go for the comfort foods with such zeal. Oh well, we're all works in progress.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 AM   #1529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette:
Crockpot cooking is still cooking! When you apply heat to food - that is cooking except when you're warming up take-out!

So, reveal what you made in the crockpot. Geez, I feel like I blab too much and ask too many questions.

Water weight is up today - going to gym this morning. The carbs last week have caught up. Yesterday morning I had 2 slices of that Thomas Breakfast bread with butter and cream cheese and in 2 hrs I was hypoglycemic hungry and just about shaking. Then, I ate homemade scrapple and egg beaters. It took 1/2 hr for me to settle down.

Insulin imbalance from eating too many carbs and not enough protein. Belly water weight is evident. Sigh....I think I'm basically going to have to go back on Atkins or Protein Power for most of the days of the week and occassionally have carbs. I treasure the years when I was young and could eat what the heck I wanted and didn't have to think about weight. No wonder us women have PMS, Peri-monopause, Menopause and Post Menopause - all the stress of gaining weight (or is it the opposite effect, we have these things and we struggle not to be obese?) Who knows? I'm confused about alot of things.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #1530
Major LCF Poster!

My grandson is here! 6 pounds 8 ounces, 20 inches. 9 on the Apgar score. I'm not used to tiny ones-I had two over 9 pounds! She will be home Wednesday. I had an AWFUL eating weekend.