Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #1471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, I don't think that's it-the pic is the same size as the one I have now. It's just another picture of the boys, but I wanted to change off. Your avatars still aren't visible. Don't know what is going on. Not a big deal but I like to see what other posters look like.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #1472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, I don't think that's it-the pic is the same size as the one I have now. It's just another picture of the boys, but I wanted to change off. Your avatars still aren't visible. Don't know what is going on. Not a big deal but I like to see what other posters look like.
Top of your computer, click tools, internet options, security tab and make sure it says "medium". That may be why avi's don't show half the time or else it's your browser that's fussy. How old is your computer? Get your hubby to take a pic of you. I would like to see the woman I've been talking to for 10 months
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #1473
Major LCF Poster!

Avatars were visible when I first came on, but now that I've logged in and am posting, they are gone!!

I checked security and advanced and there was no "setting" as such for medium or high. The computer is about a year old.

Wine was the culprit last night...
Old 10-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #1474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I've got a magazine article with foods that apply to each blood type. I just ordered quite a few dog books from Amazon. On my next buying spree I'll pick up the Blood Type book.

I heard the author is close to something with his theory - that it the future, people will eat based on recommendations take from a blood test.

How's everyone doing?

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

Brought diinner over to DD's house last night-my famous meatloaf, creamy, buttery, mashed yukon golds, peapods and mushrooms, and gingerbread with whipped cream. Didn't go nuts, but did have some taters and a small piece of gbread.

She is due the 27th-right now baby is breech. They'sve decided to name him Zachary-not wild about it, and hate Zack for a nickname. And.... Max and Zach????

Anyway, today I am back up to 159.9. I deserve it.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:21 AM   #1476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Brought diinner over to DD's house last night-my famous meatloaf, creamy, buttery, mashed yukon golds, peapods and mushrooms, and gingerbread with whipped cream. Didn't go nuts, but did have some taters and a small piece of gbread.

She is due the 27th-right now baby is breech. They'sve decided to name him Zachary-not wild about it, and hate Zack for a nickname. And.... Max and Zach????

Anyway, today I am back up to 159.9. I deserve it.
Your dinner sounds delish. How do you make your meatloaf? Always looking to try different methods. I put red bell pepper, onion and italian seasonings, 1 egg, parm cheese instead of bread crumbs, 2 T catshup (low carb). The last 10 min - add catshup on top - not for me but DH. I like jar brown gravy on mine to moisten it up. DH likes all his meat dry.

Tomorrow night I'm making boneless Pork Loin - crock pot w/rosemary, savory,Herbs deFrance, Mashed potatoes (Country Crock) and snow peas. Tonight, making a sheet of Peanut Butter Tandy Cakes for hubby's birthday. DD and finance' coming over.

Ditched the diet this weekend but didn't overeat. Up 4 lbs from yesterday - now 147. I stayed at 143 for a few days though.

B: few pieces of watermelon
L: Small Twin burger and onion rings at Mall deli
Snack: Corned beef and cheese w/mustard
S: Eggs and homemade Meditternean Bread, salad and Yoplait dessert yogurt (lemon).

Went shopping yesterday with friend - didn't buy much - a shirt. Got disgusted trying on jeans. I had a flashback in the dressing room ... in my 30's - trying on jeans and getting disgusted. I was probably a Size 10 then.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:30 AM   #1477
Major LCF Poster!

My recipe is very basic and everyone loves it. Oatmeal, egg, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard, club soda if I have it, water or milk if I don't. Ketchup spread on top.

I made the Hawaiian pork roast yesterday-Kalua pork- in the crock pot. Got fantastic reviews on allrecipes.com. I didn't really taste it-got home and turned it off, but seemed very succulent-almsot 7lbs. Just Hawaiin red salt and liquid smoke. I think maybe I was too cautious with the seasonings. I will degrease tomorrow and serve-rehearsal tonight and I have my famous brisket ready for dinner tonight. Tweaked from Silver Palate book-brown meat, caramalize a LOT of onions and garlic, "frost" meat with tomato paste, and cook slowly till tender, turning once; slice thickly, spread with onions and cook .5 hour longer. Yummy.

I've been trying to lose these 20 pounds since 2006 (in 2006 it was 10 pounds...) and just have not done it. I could have lost a pound a month and been down Grrrr

Asked DH if I looked like I had gained some weight around the middle and hips-after saying no initially, he said," well, maybe a little". If HE notices "a little", it must be a LOT

Annette-keep us postd on the info

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 10-05-2009 at 07:36 AM..
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #1478
Senior LCF Member

So far, so good - with the exception that I ate something yesterday that caused a "burny" reaction. My sister thinks it was the bread. Arg! This is annoying. My cousin has fibromyalgia, from what I've been reading - it's related.

I like the name Zachary. I was a breach baby. Now day's that's an automatic Cesarean.

At any rate, I'm down a few pounds. It helps that I am limited in what I can eat - and I don't pick up the naughty things I can eat from the store. That's been keeping me out of trouble. But as I've said, I've got some tone-up work to do.

My husband's advise to firm up my butt - "clench your butt cheeks while you are walking the dogs."

So here's my dinner:
Polenta
Yellow Squash
Mozarella
1/2 avocado

Steam squash in microwave. Add ready-made polenta to bowl and heat for 1 minute. Add mozarella to bowl and heat for 15 seconds. Add cut up avocado and eat. It's kind of like cooking.

Oh my gosh I wish I could have added andoule sausage to that dinner instead of the cheese.

Last edited by AMonkey; 10-05-2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 AM   #1479
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-your dinner sounds good to me-guess it's all the protein I eat that makes veggies/polenta appealing.

She is hoping he'll turn-she got some yoga moves to do. We'll see. Since she is going up to Boston to have him, maybe the C, with being able to schedule it, might be a good alternative, although one always prefers vaginal delivery. Anything more that can happen to this poor baby?? I do think Zachary is ok, but NOT ZACH. And they seem to choose names based on nicknames. When we were thinking of names we thought of ones that didn't really have nicknames. We liked that. We knew a brat with the name Zach and that always jinxes it.

Down .3....hardly worth it...

Last edited by Scotty; 10-06-2009 at 04:54 AM..
Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I've got a magazine article with foods that apply to each blood type. I just ordered quite a few dog books from Amazon. On my next buying spree I'll pick up the Blood Type book.

I heard the author is close to something with his theory - that it the future, people will eat based on recommendations take from a blood test.

How's everyone doing?

Annette
Annette: The Blood Type Book is really interesting - get the original one. He wrote books after that but the 1st book gives you the details on what foods are "beneficial", "ok" and "avoids". Also, the logic on why your blood type does better on this specialized diet.

Quote:
Annette-your dinner sounds good to me-guess it's all the protein I eat that makes veggies/polenta appealing.

She is hoping he'll turn-she got some yoga moves to do. We'll see. Since she is going up to Boston to have him, maybe the C, with being able to schedule it, might be a good alternative, although one always prefers vaginal delivery. Anything more that can happen to this poor baby?? I do think Zachary is ok, but NOT ZACH. And they seem to choose names based on nicknames. When we were thinking of names we thought of ones that didn't really have nicknames. We liked that. We knew a brat with the name Zach and that always jinxes it.

Down .3....hardly worth it...
Sorry to hear about "breech" but thank goodness they know what to do these days. I would vote C section anyday. That's how I had my DD.
I like Zach but I know what you mean about knowing someone that you don't care for that is named that name. The names my daughter came up with for her future kids - my husband don't like any of them. Is this a Libra thing?

Husband's B Day is today. Crockpot is cooking pork loin as I write. The sauerkraut will have butter and caraway seeds and it's own juice. Peanut butter tandy cakes are made as of last night. DD and financee coming over tonight. Fresh snow peas for veggie and Country Crock mashed potatoes. I'll just have a little of those.

Last night I was fighting something. Exhausted all day, headache and achy all night. Took 3 Advil and went to bed early. Feeling better today. Took Collidal Silver Water, Echinacea and will be takiing Benedryl now to head off a sinus infection. DH still has his for 3 weeks now. Ragweed is rampant right now and the mold is up. Those are the 2 of the worst allergens for me.

Still at 147 - not dieting now. I just need a break! I will have to go easy for the next few months as we have booked a trip after all to Dominican Republic for my 50th birthday - from 12/08 to 12/15. My boss's birthday present to me. I want to look decent in a bathing suit - Dang it!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

Assuming he is on time or late, the baby will be a Scorpio. I don't know anything about that sign except they are supposedly a "sexy" sign? I was hoping for another Libra.

Are you cooking the kraut with the pork? One of my favorite meals is ribs and kraut. YUM!!

What's colloidal silver water? I got lots of wet kisses from Maxwell on Sunday-only a matter of time till I get a cold? He always seems to have something-dam day care...

There was just a thread on here I think about the blood type diets-people were saying it was bogus. I don't know-haven't really looked at it. I do know I like protein as an O+ ( I think +)
Old 10-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Assuming he is on time or late, the baby will be a Scorpio. I don't know anything about that sign except they are supposedly a "sexy" sign? I was hoping for another Libra.

Are you cooking the kraut with the pork? One of my favorite meals is ribs and kraut. YUM!!

What's colloidal silver water? I got lots of wet kisses from Maxwell on Sunday-only a matter of time till I get a cold? He always seems to have something-dam day care...

There was just a thread on here I think about the blood type diets-people were saying it was bogus. I don't know-haven't really looked at it. I do know I like protein as an O+ ( I think +)
Scorpio are intense - don't tick them off - they are prone to get revenge - never forgets - yeah, sexy - very sensitve, don't make fun of them.

The Blood Type Diet is bogus for losing weight but it has good reputation for treating physical maladies.

Colidial Silver water - we sell at our store, it 's a good seller -people in my area know about it, curiously- Vitamin Shoppe carries it I think. Nature's Antibiotic. I use it for our store cat when he eats a sick mouse to prevent upper respiratory infection.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #1483
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Scorpio are intense - don't tick them off - they are prone to get revenge - never forgets - yeah, sexy - very sensitve, don't make fun of them.

The Blood Type Diet is bogus for losing weight but it has good reputation for treating physical maladies.

Colidial Silver water - we sell at our store, it 's a good seller -people in my area know about it, curiously- Vitamin Shoppe carries it I think. Nature's Antibiotic. I use it for our store cat when he eats a sick mouse to prevent upper respiratory infection.
My boss swears by colloidal silver. His father told him about it. I think I'll pick some up too. I've had an ice pack on my lower back for the last hour. I should have used it all throughout the day. This is so annoying!

I'm going to switch to non-gluten breads to see if that helps.

On the good side, my insurance approved the cat scan - that was mighty nice of them!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #1484
Major LCF Poster!

But what's it for? Is it silver???

Nice of the ins. co. to cover your scan.

Mine won't cover my bone scan which I am supposed to get every two years. Since I am always in the 90th percentile, I think I will ask if I can forgo it next time.

Down a pound.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What Are the Benefits of Colloidal Silver Water?

Rate: (0 Ratings) What Are the Benefits of Colloidal Silver Water?Colloidal silver water can prohibit the harmful effects of bacteria and toxins that attack the body. It also helps to prevent disease, while promoting health and overall well-being. The benefits of this alternative medicine are numerous, with a number of antibacterial properties that enhance immune health. Although there are varying opinions as to long-term benefits, the majority of holistic healers and patients agree colloidal silver water works wonders.

Respiratory Health
Colloidal silver water can help to keep the lungs clear of inflammatory conditions such as asthma or shortness of breath. It works to keep the respiratory system free of stress and opens the air passages for proper oxygen intake. Unchecked harmful bacteria can infiltrate the lungs causing a number of unwanted side effects and illnesses.
Increased Energy
Colloidal silver water can help to create energy and fight the onset of fatigue, which is brought on by bacteria attacking the body's metabolism. Colloidal silver water can neutralize bacteria that targets the organs that turn food into energy.

Skin Health
Colloidal silver water can help heal and protect the skin from a number of infections that are caused by bacteria. Rashes, boils and other symptoms can be eased by colloidal silver water, aiding in the protection of the healthy skin cells that are affected.

Digestive Relief
Colloidal silver water can slow the production of stomach acid, which increases when foods are ingested that do not agree with the body. Increased acid buildup can result in other illnesses such as acid reflux disease.

Ear Health
Colloidal silver water can work to heal ear infections and prevent new ones in the future. It aids in the easing of inflamed portions of the ear causing the infection and work to subdue the production of fluid that fills in the ear when infections occur. The colloidal silver water keeps the canals clear of harmful bacteria that might be the cause of the infection or that may linger after the infection is gone.

Sinus Relief
Colloidal silver water can work to reduce the causes of sinus problems. By negating the effects of allergens and other bacteria that bring about sinus symptoms, it can help to reduce outbreaks and lessen their recurrences. It can also aid in the clearing of the sinus cavities to release pressure and discomfort. Allergies may also be relieved by use of this alternative medicine.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #1486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna: I neglected to mention the good traits of Scorpios. I didn't have much time to write yesterday....

Loyal friends
Determined and gets things done
Patient
Knows their own mind
Compassionate

Annette: Why was your lower back hurting? Is that part of your bladder issue? Kidneys are near your lower back. hmmmm.

I think you should try the Silver Water - at least start with a smaller bottle.

I get mine thru Bio-alternatives online: Bio-Alternatives Nutritional Supplements

Gluten Free is worth a try. A lot of people have that Celiac Disease or at the least a food sensitivity that is hard to detect because of other things going on in their body. It can't hurt.

Donna: I'm down a pound too 146. Have no idea why. I had a bite or two of dessert at lunch and a Peanut Butter Tandy Cake last night. Other things I ate yesterday...

B: Atkins Bar
L: Halibut (breaded and deep fried) w/fries and coleslaw - a couple of bites of Key lime cake
S: 3 oz pork, 1/4 cup sauerkraut, 3 spoonfuls of mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup snow peas, a 3x3" piece of Tandy Cake.

Donna: Did you say you had made an appointment w/doc for a physical a couple of months ago?

I have a mammogram to get this Sat - then a gyno appt - when I make the appointment a week or so later. After that, I must get a follow up blood test and go back to my reg doc to see why my blood and liver seems off. He thought it was B-12 deficiency. Since then, I've been taking B-Complex. It really helps to keep my moods in balance.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #1487
Major LCF Poster!

Had a n ice time a Maxwell's party and was able to stay on program due to a menu of burgers and dogs, and sausage and peppers-no rolls for me! High cals-almost 1800-, but the app. tablespoon or so of Carvel ice cream cake brought my carbs to over 20-according to ******, 1oz of chocolate ic is 8-that's as close as I could figure. Weight stayed the same.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #1488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down 1 lb - 145 this morning.
B: coffee
L: Tuna Quiche/Snow peas
S: Leftover pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots
Snack: Popcorn

Donna: no reply on what I wrote yesterday?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

Down .9. I need to lose 17 pounds by Sunday. Think I can??

Linda, still working on it.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #1490
Senior LCF Member

I'm thinking the lower back pain is related. I went to the chiropractor and he threw in 15 minutes of free deep tissue massage as my back was so tight he couldn't work with it.

The colloidal silver sounds good for reducing acid - I'm giving it a try. Speaking of silver, did you see Fringe this week? I'm watching it right now - we recorded it last night.

I'm starting to bring my calories up to maintenance levels. From what I understand you're supposed to bring it up 10% at a time to keep from gaining weight.

Take care,

Annette
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

I've lost about 2 pounds since Monday, which is good, but still only 7 net pounds since January. What an idiot.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #1492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna: Don't call yourself an idiot! I see more resolve in you these days than ever and you did lose.

I better get resolve soon because I want to lose 10 lbs before my birthday and my trip to Dominican Republic. I tend to actually gain weight BEFORE my vacation - a weird thing. Then I get mad at myself for my indulgences. Fall and winter - I want comfort foods. I'm going to make low carb mac and cheese (using Dreamfields elbow mac and Velvetta-3 g carbs) and heavy cream this week and some meatloaf.

My exercise is slacking this week especially - I was fighting a sinus infection all week. I want to get to the gym tomorrow. Today I must get a mammogram - yuck. I hope they have the digital imaging at this place. It would be nice not to have to walk out not feeling like a pancake chest.

I also have a yeast infection so I'm taking Silver Water and Caprylic Acid. That is what's preventing anything further - like bronchitis right now.

Annette: When will you be getting that kidney test?

My daughter gave me her yoga ball since her finacee has one. I ordered a used Ball excercise DVD at Amazon for $1.99 to work with it. I know the wall swats burn my thighs and the tummy crunches are more pleasant to do with the ball. This would be what I'd do in between visits to the gym. I think I need more cardio to burn the thigh fat. Though my thighs and calves have more muscle than before - the fat is still there. I hate to do cardio at the gym and sweat. Perhaps I'll do it at home and jump in the shower when I'm done.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

As of Thursday, my grandson to be, Zachary, was no longer breech, and she will be induced 10/18, with his birth probably 10/19. A Libra!!! I will be taking some time off when she gets home, the 21st to help out with Maxwell. Also, they love when I make things to freeze. Nothing low carb, though.

I have been trying to tone my arms up, but what I should be also working on is my pooch and thighs. Gotta find that post with those good ex.

I am fat fasting today-it's pretty easy for me and gives me a push for the week. Didn't "go" much this week (TMI??)-probably because of VLC, but last night had mushrooms and radish "hash browns" with my burger, and voila!

Annette-where are you?

Have either of you tried dry brushing? There is a post about it in the main lobby, I think. The back of my thighs are disgusting-should try it but I tend not to follow through every day with this kind of thing, which is necessary. Maybe I'll try though....
Old 10-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #1494
Senior LCF Member

Hey there, I've been busy walking the dogs and getting caught up on TV we recorded.

The cat scan is on the 21st. Hopefully my "weird" looking kidney is just that - weird looking but fine.

The dogs went to the new groomer and had a good experience. There were rescued greyhounds at the pet store - oh my, I fell in love with one.

So, I'm going to drop my Jillian Michaels' website subscription and move back to Calorie Count or another diet tracking website. I have all of her videos and books and will print out some more workouts while I have access.

Good news about baby Zach. My husband's niece is in labor with her first baby today.

How's Safi?

Annette
Old 10-11-2009, 05:01 AM   #1495
Major LCF Poster!

Down 1.3 to 156, for a loss since Monday of 3.6-which I deem as excellent. Of course, on 10/2 I was a 157.3, and on 9/13 I was 156, on 7/19 155, and so on-you see the pattern....Can I get below 155 by next week? That would be a year's low...Just for fun I weighed again after I "went"-155.9. Surprised, as I thought there would be more "bulk" to "it" than that, if you know what I mean...

Funny how I'm not really hungry on the FF, even though the fat % was only 77%. I eat a lot of cream cheese, bacon, avocado, brie, and all the things on the list, but can't get up to 90%-even when I do all ccheese, still not. Funny. Anyway, I am glad.

Arms achy from ex. but I like that.

Annette, why are you leaving Jillian? Got what you needed or disillusioned? Good luck on the scan.

I had a yeast infection a couple of months ago-first in like 30 years. Took two prescriptions to get rid of it.

Trees are getting toward peak-15th of month usually. Love this time of year-the light, the smell of the air, the trees. HOWEVER, it means that winter is close behind. UGH.

Last edited by Scotty; 10-11-2009 at 05:36 AM..
Old 10-11-2009, 07:32 AM   #1496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Annette: Let us know the results on the 21st. Did you follow Jillian's woe for the most part? Do you think she's helped you lose some weight? Did you get the Blood Type Diet book yet? Sorry for the 20 questions...I'm on caffeine now. I think you will pick up some vital information from that book :::just a feeling::: I know that a lot of people with hard to cure maladies that have been helped by him. His theory is that if you eat what is good for your bloodtype - your weight will perfect. That didn't work for me - the most I lost was 5 lbs and the "ok" foods were ancient grains: spelt flour, Ezekiel Bread and so I took advantage of it and couldn't lose. Reading closely, the "beneficial" foods don't include any grain. I'm supposed to thrive on meat, seafood and veggies - that's it. So, I decided that I might as well be on Atkins then. Like I said, I have a hardbound copy that I'l send you if you want. Just PM me.

Donna: Glad for you on future grandson not being breech and the babe gonna be a Libra. Did I tell you that I dated about 6 Libra men and married one? I didn't plan it either. My 1st best friend when I was 5 yrs old was a Libra and one of my good friends is a Libra here at home. Later, older, when my parents moved, my best friend growing up till teenager years was a Leo. Right now there is this thing about 7/24 - I know of 2 good friends born then plus my dog is born 7/24, my mom was born 7/24. My daughter was born on 7:24 p.m. I notice patterns-how can I not? Even in our store, we'll get 3-4 people in a row that are born of the same Astrological sign, then it'll switch to another. Wierd science. A psychic once told me that the Wise Men (astrologers of the bible) were my Spirit Guides -

I was thinking of my daughter yesterday and within 1 half hour she called. She wanted to hang out with me because her fiancee is on a business trip. I told her to meet us at our fav chinese buffet. I ate more than those 2 put together. I had to admit, my stomach was fully extended for an hour after that and no snacks afterwards.

Today, I'm bringing Safi Sue to her house to get acquainted with my DD's house for when she dog sits when I go on vacation. I was planning on the gym and making a pumpkin pie for boss so I'm bringing ingredients for it to my daughter's house and we'll make 2 of them - 1 for her finacee. Then he'll come home to it tonight. I am in my sweats now and planning on exercising at her house.

Safi's doing good and mornings she's at full tilt wanting to play and run. Towards the evening, her leg stiffens up but that is normal according to the Surgeon. She has another 5 months till full recovery. He said that she's 60% healed already. I give her daily massages and I am now giving her crystal healing (Selenite wand) w/Reiki. I'm trying to get ahold of the Vet Hospital here in my town to enroll her in their Aqua Aerobics program that her surgeon recommended for physical therapy.

Its a pretty sunny fall day here in PA. It was supposed to rain all weekend. Gonna get out and enjoy it. I hate winter too and but love the smell of the fall folliage. Very earthy. Maybe I'll go hug a tree!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday's stats:
cals 1381
fat 65%
carbs 4%
portein 31%

Up .6 to 156.6. No reason for the gain, and I even "went" before (got some mag. bogo), and did some weight work for my arms..

Will be low cals to day because of rehearsal tonight. For some reason that's what happens. But I think under 1400 is consider low on Atkins, right?

Linda, If you're thinking of the CHinese buffets like we have here (everythgin from oysters to pizza) I would be right next to you in the eating department.

Last edited by Scotty; 10-12-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 AM   #1498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep - ours is like that too - mussels, clams, king crab legs, fish with or without heads (uggh). I was devouring the appetizers 1st - then crab legs, then more seafoods and green beans and a couple of spoonfuls of rice. The last time we were there I drove my DH and DD nuts. All I ate was meat. My daughter, the nutrition teacher was hollering about how would I think that fruits and veggies would make me gain weight? Since I like to keep the peace I ate some rice and was slowly eating the green beans so she would notice.

Yesterday, had nice day with daughter. Safi was excellent - stuck by me like glue - was afraid I would leave her there but she and my DD are close too. Even time I went out of the house for a minute, she was right at the door waiting. I did exercises a little bit but she just got TOM so she just watched. As far as eats, OMG, I started off:

B: 4 deviled eggs and 1 apple
L: Macaroni Grill Creamy Basil Chicken with pasta and mixed veggies
Watched Saw Movie (her choice) the 1st one - 2004
Shared a bottle of Rasberry white wine and it was sooo good. Not much alcohol content anyway. Ate some mixed nuts, pretzels, a piece of pumpkin pie.
S: ham and cheese on low carb wrap.

I could swear I could feel my thighs were expanding before I went to bed. But this morning, I'm at my signature weight - 144. Yesterday, it was 145. Go figure. Perhaps my total calorie count for the day was normal.

Been wondering if that's all it really comes down to...calories in, calories out.
I remember days on Atkins when I was 144. No matter what diet book, they DO mentions "calories count". What if that is the ultimate secret that's been old school all along? A weight trainer that has UTube videos seems to think so. I think his website is Performance Fitness or something like that. He says no matter what you eat, carbs, fats, proteins...don't matter - it's what you net out by the end of the day.

The best I could tell that if I want to lose weight, I should stick to 13,500 calories NET. Remember, 10X the desired weight.

Donna, you were wiithin calorie range yesterday, I think because you want to be around 140? I should start up ****** again just so I can count my calories. I still think I gotta go lower carb to lose 10 lbs. It's hard to get back on the wagon once you fall.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 10-12-2009 at 05:46 AM..
Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 AM   #1499
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, not sure what you mean about calorie range-you mean I need to be UNDER that to lose, or that's where I shoulb be TO lose? Anyway, my stomach os growling.

I think the closer we get to goal, the more we have to count, but didn't Atkins say women 1500-1800?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #1500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hmmm...maybe - gotta do more research. I was originally thinking of desired weight x 10. Yeah, Atkins website said women shouldn't be below 1400-1500. But another site said different. There is no consistency with foods to eat, not to eat, calories etc. Frustrating.