Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Clean Start and Refocus

Hey there, sorry for my lack of participation. I've been on vacation this week, and took a vacation from my low-carb commitment. It's actually been cathartic. All these things I thought I wanted were not so satisfying. OK! The potatoes were satisfying - and the apple stuffing.

I'm seriously thinking of using the 1972 plan for the first week, and then moving into the 20 carb induction as my second phase. But I'm not sure. I do need to stick with pure meats, instead of going the salami, sausage route. Ah! and those Russell Stover sugar free candies are like heroin - a real slippery slope for me.

I have 10-15 pounds to go, and it may sound weird, but this part's harder than the begining. I've yoyo'd this weight for the last 30 years - and I need to go all the way, and then stay there.

When you mentioned the angel reading, it made me think about things in my life I've been neglecting. I've been so focused on weight, work situations, and stressing over helping my daughter through her current unemployment situation, that I have left no time for anything else.

I need to refocus!

Last year my husband interviewed Dannion Brinkley (Saved by the Light). We got to have dinner with him and his wife Kathryn Peters. (You may have some of their books at your store.) That was an amazing dinner - those are two awesome people.

Do either of you do yoga? I know a yoga master who has opened his home one day a week for people to share yoga together. It is so relaxing!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Monkey-I know what you mean about "most" of it not being what you thought it was. But I do think we occasionally need to have those things we crave-and then go RIGHT BACK ON PROGRAM.

Absolutely the last pounds are the most difficult. I remember when I went from 220.2 to my WW "goal" weight of 162, those last pounds took months! Then I went on LC (and ex.) and the next 20 pounds came off fairly effortlessly.

I don't do yoga, but do/did Pilates, which I understand is sort of a combination of ex. and yoga, but without the sort of philosophy. My older daughter does it and enjoys it.

Linda, tell me about the Angel books. I am a voracious reader-always have been.

Were your calories high with the lunch you had? How were your carbs? Hope you are feeling better.

Dave is a Virgo-not the easiest two signs together, but we do meet intellectually, and are both in the arts. Saw the PM-thanks, I will do the same.

Scale looks to be at 158-maybe even 157.5- this is probably a direct result of low calories/carbs/ex. for 2 or 3 days.
Saturday-did a sort of modified fat fast during the day for about 600 cals and then had a big honkin' delmonico steak (8 oz and could have eaten more! for dinner):
1307 cals
69% fat
3% carbs
28% protein

9:59am, haven't eaten yet, not particularly hungry and about to go do upper body ex. and then maybe have one of those mock danishes-never tried them. But I do enjoy my bkfst souffle-seems like a lot of food, although most of it is air...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome Back AMonkey!

How was your vacation? Did you go somewhere exotic? Right now, Atlantic City would seem exotic for me! Got cabin fever. My husband and I have taken Caribbean vacations for 25 yrs but this year, it'll have to be posponed till "maybe" the end of the year. My daughter's in her last year in college and the "grants" didn't come through and other unexpected expenses so we're hopeful to take a vacation later than none at all.

Well, the nice thing about low carbing is that its easy to jump back on the wagon. It's easy to memorize what you can eat and cannot eat and the water weight comes off fairly easily which, if you gained any, that'll be what you'll have to lose. Too short of a time for fat to build up, IMHO.

I've heard of that author -and yes, read his book - fasinating! I've seen that he wrote another book "Secrets of the Light: Lessons from Heaven" which I'm going order - because it is heaven sent that you told me this. Thank you Your husband's job sounds interesting! Boy, would I ever like to interview spiritual/psychic people! I sure have been known to ask alot of questions all my life! Ask Atkins Goddesss - I'm sure I drive her nutz!
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Keep writing - we could have a 3 some going and hopefully more will join us![/COLOR]
Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,

My calories for lunch was 828. But I woke up very sleepy-eyed and lethargic.
I went to bed early last night and slept till 9:30 am.

You want to know about Angel Books? I was working at the Bank about 8 yrs ago and I decided to walk down to the library and seek out some books and came across the one: "Commune with the Angels" by Jane Howard. I read it in my car in the parking lot and it was so inspiring that I felt a strong resonance with it. Then, special things happened after that. If you're interested in knowing - then say so and I'll PM you on it. In a nutshell, I never looked back. From her book, I started reading other books on Angels and I love Doreen Virtue and read all her books. But, it's Jane's book that I keep coming back to. In fact, I bought Jane's book again and re-read it. When I do energy healings, I call in the Angels. I have always been an avid reader too. Books are "gifts" from heaven to me and I always feel lead by an higher force to read certain ones.

By the way, last night I bought the Dr. Atkins New Revolution Diet revised edition (w/carb counter) online. I need to re-read his book. DH, DD and I went to Barnes and Noble last night and I was looking around for a book I didn't read yet and suddenly a book stood out called Soul Communication: Open your Spiritual Channels for Success and Fulfillment by an oriental author. Browsed through it and wrote it down and order that too along with Dana Carpenter 500 low carb recipes. I had her 500 MORE book but didn't care for the recipes.

Your calories came in lower yesterday! I bet you're going to find a significant weight loss now that you're excercising which will in turn inspire me to continue. Good Job! I didn't know you were in the 200's range at one time. How long ago was that? You have already lost a significant amount of weight and you are to be commended for it! The heaviest I was when I was put on steroids for 5 months was 172 and got acid reflux/heartburn right after I stopped. Then, I had to make big changes. I could not walk the dog without spitting acid. I had a esophalus test done which came out "no damage". From that day on the acid reflux just STOPPED! Then, I joined the gym, went on Mike Thurmond plan, stopped eating late at night (job related) and stopped working late at night. I dropped the weight and no more heart burn/acid reflux.

Virgos seem to have the propensity of never beeing satisfied with themselves or others. My dad was a Virgo. [/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, my sister is very into angels, and I bet she's read those books. Of course I am interested in what happened.
Hmm, I can't say I'm "lead" to read certain ones, since I do read some just for pure entertainment. Actually, since Dave works from home, he has time to go to the library, and picks out most of the books I read-"girlie" ones mostly. He does a pretty good job!

I joined WW in June of 2000 and reached goal in June or July of 2001, but continued to lose, slowly, very slowly until I went on Atkins in May-I think- of 2003. Slowly but steadily lost to 138 by Dec of 2004, and even had a little 6 pack from the Pilates.

Dave is not the easiest person, to live with, but then, neither am I!! In may ways we are soulmates, but after almost 40 years of marriage (April) we could use an overhaul...

I decided to make the flax muffin instead-pretty good. I made it with
1T butter melted in mic in 1C ramekin
mix together 3T flax meal, 1T almond meal, .5t baking powder, tiny pinch salt, sprinkle of cinnamon, and .3 packet Splenda. Add 1 egg-I had extra large- to butter, mix well, add flax mixture, mix well, top w/plastic, vented, and mic for around 1 minute. Watch and don't over cook. I turned it over for another 20 seconds.

Pretty good, although I could taste the bp. Tastes like a bran muffin and something different for a change. Had it with .25 avocado. I do love avocado.

Oh, yest. I had 40oz water. Still not enough but better than usual.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-08-2009 at 09:35 AM..
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday's Menu and ****** 3/7/09

[COLOR="Navy"]Here's my stats:

Breakfast: 1 cup instant Folgers

Lunch: 2 Quarter Pounders w/cheese, mustard, onion, mayo, no catshup, 1 cup of salad greens - no tomatoes and Newman's Ranch - 1 T or less (high in carbs for dressing )

Dinner: 4 oz beef ribs w/homemade BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup french cut string beans.

Later: 2 small cups of Starbucks regular coffee w/1 half and half in one and heavy cream in the other.

Around 7:00 p.m. - was hungry and had 5 slices of salami, muesnter cheese, a little mayo on 2 romaine lettuce.

Drank about 1/2 the water I should have. :blush:

******:

Calories: 1671
Fat: 67%
Carbs: 16.1 grams
Protein: 30%[/COLOR]
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Did a lower body workout (just 20 minutes, but better than nothing) with 2lb ankle weights. Will probably not w-o until later in the week. Tomorrow is rehearsal, so no time...

Linda, how did you do the ribs-were they short ribs? BBQ sauce recipe?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

I had a "staycation" with a quick drive to my old home town in California. My son's experiment with living in Oregon came to an end. We had him fly to Nevada and visit with us for the week before driving him to California, where he will live with his older sister.

My youngest daughter works in a health food store. I went shopping with her and bought some coconut oil, hemp oil and supplements. The coconut oil is amazing for sauteeing squash. I haven't tried it withanything else. I've never tried the hemp oil, but plan to use it as a salad dressing.

The scale is up 5 pounds, and tracking my past week's indescretions on ******, I don't see sufficient calorie increase to gain 5 pounds. Eventhough some of this weight may be water, I truly believe that all calories are not the same.

Woo hoo! It's a new day! Salami (no -sugar brand) and sugar-free jello for breakfast.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Monkey-it's probably water, or, as we used to say in WW, "fluff". Go right back on program and I'm pretty sure it will come right off.

I had zucchini w/ dinner tonight-do you mean Coconut oil with that kind of squash or winter? What does the hemp oil taste like, man?

I am done for the day:
B the flax muffin and .25 avocado, 1 slice bacon
L just a bit of leftover salmon-2.1 oz with a bit of sour cream
D the rest of the rib eye and grated sauteed zuke with cream and sour cream
cream cheese, cinnamon, chocolate DaVinci warmed in mic-rich, and kinda sweet-works for me for a dessertish thing.
Snack-4 cococandies=1T coco oil

cals 1452; 68% fat 23 gross carbs-13.1 fiber=9.9 net/4% 28% protein

Last edited by Scotty; 03-08-2009 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Godess, I use the coconut oil to sautee the squash. I haven't tried the hemp oil yet. My daughter uses a lot of hemp products. She said it tastes "nutty."
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monkey,
I was thinking that SF Jello might be good for me since I am not a breakfast person; however, sugar free anything gets me hungry. Does it affect you that way?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday night

[COLOR="Green"]Donna,

Your menu sounds interesting. I will have to try the muffin you made perhaps with the SF jello that Monkey is having for breakfast and a slice of bacon for protein. I have gone hypoglycemic already by having just carbs for breakfast - sweats, weak and starving. I had pancakes one time for breakfast, then went directly to supermarket and had to sit at their cafe' and have a whole meal. I ate like I hadn't eaten in days. Then, I calmed down.

My figures for the day:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: 3:00 p.m. - chef salad at the Holl. Expo, italian dressing
Supper: 7:00 p.m. - 8 oz Delmonico steak broiled, 4 boiled radishes, eggplant, zucchini, fennel roasted -about 1 cup in total. A thin slice of White Castle Burger casserole with a smidgen of French's mustard. 1 gin and diet tonic to get me to bed early. Must get up at 7:00 am because the roofer is coming to fix the roof.

Calories: 1187
Fat: 52%
Protein: 37
Carbs: 14.6
Fiber: 4.2 g.

That's all folks!

Gotta get to bed. Sweet Dreams Donna and Monkey! [/COLOR]
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

My new scale says I am at 157.9. I'll take it. Target was having a (small) sale on scales. I got the WW67T-$47.99 because it was accurate to .1 instead of .2 ! Couldn't set the darn thing, though-supposed to show bone mass, hydration, BMI I think.

I was ok with the muffin, but I had bacon and avocado with it. I don't think I have that kind of problem with carbs. I never had the induction flu or anything.

Linda,
How do the radishes taste cooked? I saw a recipe for them and wondered, although I think I may have tried them sauteed years ago-Julia Child??

Your cals still seem a bit low, are you losing??

Up early @ 7:00? I am awake by 2:30 or before every day, and that's with OUT a gin and tonic...( I don't sleep)

Monkey-my coco candies are made with coconut oil. I like them-the recipe is on the board.

I am only having 1.2 extra large egg in my frittata this week, and am having it at work at around 9:00. That seems to get me through the morning. I am also having grilled chix breast on salad for lunch this week, which will give me less cals. BUT also less fat...
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Did a lower body workout (just 20 minutes, but better than nothing) with 2lb ankle weights. Will probably not w-o until later in the week. Tomorrow is rehearsal, so no time...

Linda, how did you do the ribs-were they short ribs? BBQ sauce recipe?

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,
That work out is what I need - thighs getting smaller but I would need liposuction to get rid of all the fatty deposits or else a good lower body work out. Could you provide the routine for me? I will look for the ankle weights when I look for my digital scale.

The beef ribs...I happened to see them at my supermarket. My husband has been asking for Short Ribs (he forgot) since last year. Beef ribs are not plentiful here (pork is) so I snatched them - very cheap but they are huge. Not as good though - very greasy. This is how I made them and the BBQ sauce.

1) Rubbed some homemade dry rib seasoning that I made years ago when I was on the Mike Thurmond plan. Basically, it's paprika, allspice, cumin, garlic and onion powder, ground up dehydrated minced onion (used Bullet), a little chili powder.

2) Toss them in a oval crock pot with a little water in the bottom and on "slow" left it go for 8 hrs. They were browned and tender and some were falling off the bone when they were done. Refridgerated till the next day (don't need to - but I didn't want to make them yet).

3) When I decided to eat them, I covered them in foil and put them in the oven at 350 degrees and started on the BBQ sauce:

1) In a little saucepan, 1 small 8 oz. can of Hunt's tomato sauce. If you have low carb Catshup, I would put a tablespoon of that in it but I didn't because of anti-low carb family. Then, I used a couple of drops of Hickory Flavor liquid. I use Wright's All Natural Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke Concentrated. 2 teas. of Sylvia's Secret Seasoning, 2 T of dehydrated onion flakes, chli powder, onion and garlic powder, pinch of thyme and oregano and a few drops of Frank's hot sauce. Simmer but watch for a few minutes then put on low for about 20 mins.

Uncover ribs and brush on the sauce - bake for 10 mins.; then re-apply and bake another 10 mins. Serve.

I would have jacked up the hot sauce for my taste but daughter hates hot.

On my plate, I slipped out the bone and scraped out the meat from the underbelly of gristle. Added more sauce and ate it. A little bit too greasy but tasty. Daughter said not bad, husband didn't like them , too greasy and likes pork better (he says) and on the gas grill instead of the oven. (he likes anythng on the grill better). Love these food critics

Side Note: My daughter's Major is Home Ec, properly called Family Consumer Science and doesn't know how to cook, learned theory with little simple hands on when she was student teaching. She asks me how to make things and for recipes. When she makes meals, it's pre-packaged. Her financee told her she'd better learn to cook like me before they get married.

It was ok - a meat meal for $5.95 - can't complain.[/COLOR]
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ohhhh Donna...where are you? Did you oversleep?

I'll PM you on yesterday's events at the Expo. Roofers are here and I have to wait for them.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Linda,
Heck, no I was here at 7:35-see above. Rainy and yucky here, BUT could be worse, could be snow.

short ribs are NOT cheap here, but I love their succulence. I'll often make my famous (vegan daughter loves it) stew with them. Having refrg. them overnight, most of the fat should be able to scrape off, no? They were brown in the cpot??

That is amazing about your daughter's major. I am very surprised that it wasn't even MOSTLY practical, not theory, although of course you need that. I remember Lauren took a home ec. course in hs and made a stuffed animal. We had to take it in 7 & 8 grade, and made an apron (gathering, and setting on a waistband) and in 8 a blouse (setting in sleeves, buttons) so we knew the basics at least. I truly think kids don't get as good an edu. as I did. Now, or course, she took AP and IB classes, but even she said she wished she had taken more/ better home ec.

I'm not sure if I can give you the workout, but next time I do it I will take notes. It uses weights plus the movement. The gal is the same one who did my Pilates. There are about 5 different workouts in the dvd-about 20 each-upper, lower, core, and something else.

Ohhhh, have you done anything more with the carbquick? One of the guys in the office was going to order some, but I said you had tried it and didn't like it. I am so disappointed. You didn't try the straight carbalose, did you?

Last edited by Scotty; 03-09-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

Done with the PM. Grab some tea, coffee or water. Don't get caught at work!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Can't access home email from work-sorry-will check at lunchtime.
See above for additional questions.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-09-2009 at 08:13 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can't access home email from work-sorry-will check at lunchtime.
See above for additional questions.
You did not give me your home e-mail so I did a private message on LowCarbFriends. Does that go to your home PC e-mail?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda,
Heck, no I was here at 7:35-see above. Rainy and yucky here, BUT could be worse, could be snow.

short ribs are NOT cheap here, but I love their succulence. I'll often make my famous (vegan daughter loves it) stew with them. Having refrg. them overnight, most of the fat should be able to scrape off, no? They were brown in the cpot?? Yes, they did because of the fat content.

That is amazing about your daughter's major. I am very surprised that it wasn't even MOSTLY practical, not theory, although of course you need that. I remember Lauren took a home ec. course in hs and made a stuffed animal. We had to take it in 7 & 8 grade, and made an apron (gathering, and setting on a waistband) and in 8 a blouse (setting in sleeves, buttons) so we knew the basics at least. I truly think kids don't get as good an edu. as I did. Now, or course, she took AP and IB classes, but even she said she wished she had taken more/ better home ec.

She had to learn nutrition and sewing and we bought her a good sewing machine at home. She learned it so quickly and makes herself great clothes and gifts at Xmas for her friends. She made pajamas for me but then realized I don't wear them but they were quality. I had a couple of courses in Jr. High and I made my senior year clothes (parents were not big on spending money on clothes for me). JenE, my daughter, excels beyond me in that arena. I was skeptical when she was in High School about this Major; however, her guidance counselor said the plans are for the US schools to expand that subject because of the rise in divorce rate and the need for men to learn how to be domesticated as more women are working and the men are at home. It's not Beaver-Cleaver days anymore.

I'm not sure if I can give you the workout, but next time I do it I will take notes. It uses weights plus the movement. The gal is the same one who did my Pilates. There are about 5 different workouts in the dvd-about 20 each-upper, lower, core, and something else.

Then, what's the name of the DVD? Maybe, I'll buy it.

Ohhhh, have you done anything more with the carbquick? One of the guys in the office was going to order some, but I said you had tried it and didn't like it. I am so disappointed. You didn't try the straight carbalose, did you?
No, I haven't but plan to - maybe this week. If I still don't like it, I'm going to order the carbalose.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

I realized I could see it here and read an replied, but yes, a notification comes to my home email.

The dvd I think you have to buy at a ww meeting?? It is called "next move"

Last edited by Scotty; 03-09-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oh, ok - not accessible to me and I won't join WW. No problem. My daughter hijacked my Fat Free Yoga DVD- says the workout showed her muscles she didn't know she had and was sore for 3 days! She is fit anyways so this is a challenge and humbled her! I have her workout to do in the meantime of finding the right one for me.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

I don't see any reason why you couldn't just drop into a meeting and buy one-I'm sure they'll take your money-or perhaps it might be online at weightwatchers.com?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Jello!

I have no problems with sugar free Jello. In fact, it's a lifesaver - hit's the spot!

And I can't do other sugar free candies without setting off a major sugar crave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Monkey,
I was thinking that SF Jello might be good for me since I am not a breakfast person; however, sugar free anything gets me hungry. Does it affect you that way?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Here's my stats for yesterday:
No ex.-had rehearsal, BUT my arms and inner thighs hurt; I see that as a good thing since those are 2 places where I have, as DH calls it "hanging flesh"....I will probably ex. tonight, but don't hold me to it.

We have sf jello in the house, but I don't care about it-doesn't fill me or anything.

B-1.2 x-lg egg, zuke and mush. with parm and cheddar frittata
decaf coffee with Splenda and light cream
L about 4oz bnls chix breast grilled; about 1C baby lettuces and about 1T Greek dressing
D 7.4oz net pork chop with pan sauce; about .75C cooked cabbage with bacon and cream. Tasted good
S at rehearsal snack time, just had two cheddar cubes-about an ounce

1496 cals; 59% fat; 13.4 gross/2.9fiber=10.5 net carbs

And.....my new scale shows me up .2 to 159.1!!!!! Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get such an accurate one...

Linda, how did the radishes taste and how do you cook them? Just boiled? I think I remember a J. Child recipe or somebody that sautees them.

How was yesterday for the rest of you?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Donna, Monkey and all!

Stats:
Cal: 1117
Fat: 69%
Prot: 27%
Carbs: 12
Fiber: 1.9

Eats:

B: 3 cups reg. coffee - 1 small half/half
L: Whitecastle Cheeseburger pie - roasted eggplant, fennel, zukes - 1/2 cup, 3 radishes
D: same as above
Late Nite: 4 slices salami/3 slices muenster cheese - dab of mayo.

On the radishes, I saw from one of the boards that someone boils radishes in salt water like potatoes for about 20 mins. and they are to replace potatoes. Add butter or herbs if you want. I just added ghee. I think they are a nice change from using turnips for a substitute and I think less carbs. They are milder than turnips. Not bad substitute - a keeper.

I went on the Stella-Style website last night and the story is fasinating. The message board had a easy flax bread recipe and muffin that I copied and pasted to my e-mail. When I get to work, I'll print it out. The bread didn't have any yeast but looked liked normal bread in texture.

I made a chocolate bar last night quickly - Hershey's unsweetened - 4 squares, 1 T coconut oil, a pinch of coconut, Davinci unsweetened chocolate 1 teas, 1 pk of Stevia. I put it in the lid of one of my rubbermaid containers and it turned out nice and round - but I didn't eat it last night - lost interest. For later....

I didn't feel like cooking anything new last night but I'll have to tonight. I watched "Medium" and took Safi for a walk-about. This dreary weather is dragging me down. I'm cleaning the store today so that'll be some ex. I looked on WW website but couldn't find DVD's.

No change in scale yesterday It sure is taking longer for me to drop the pounds then it did years ago. I remember just having to cut out 1 thing for a week and I would lose 3 lbs. and I didn't weigh as much. Oh well, have a nice day, girls!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

I just looked at my yesterday's post-the scale isn't up .2---it's up 1.3 POUNDS!!!!! AAARRRGGHH!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Keep in mind that you are now doing the "ex" and your muscles are growing again and that weighs more than fat! I know you don't believe me at this moment.

Will you measure yourself?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
My total body measurement loss is going down. My waist is losing now but other parts are a little bit more. I'll write it off to muscle gaining from excercising. My jeans today I'm wearing definitely feel looser than the last time I wore them (2 weeks ago).

Bicep: 3/3 - 11, now 11.5
Forearm: 3/3 - 9, now 10
Waist: 3/3 - 29.5, now 28
Hips: same
Calfs: same
Old 03-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Linda,
congrats on the jeans!!!
I don't know-I hope the ex. is it, but I only did it Sat and Sun, and I have been SOOOOO on program. I forgot to measure myself this weekend.

Your chocolate bar sounds like mine, except I use 4T cocooil and 1T cocoa powder. How do the carbs complare with the unsweetened? I think that might have better flavor-and I am thinking about a low carb ganache made with the choc. and heavy cream.....Yummy.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-10-2009 at 08:39 AM..