Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #1441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Hey there. Do you think psychics can get energy from a photo? My sister's friend wants to take pictures of her two sons to a past lives reader. My sister reads palms and does handwriting analysis and used to use the crystal ball - she's not so sure about the past lives thing. That expo sounded like it was a pretty cool experience.

I had a little piece of pie and some ice cream last night. Wow! It was good.

I have a link to the old school leg and butt exercises - Aerobic exercise: Let's get physical: Workouts: Self.com

These are supposed to be very good for the inner thighs and butt.

The baking soda has a high sodium content and I retain water too easily. But I can do it in small doses.
Most psychics or animal communicators don't need a photograph and but I provide it because I think the visual aid helps. The Shaman Medicine Woman doesn't require photo either. Be sure she finds a reputable psychic because there are fakes out there and unfortunately, they make it bad for the gifted ones. The Shaman medicine woman does it by telephone. If you want her number, I can give it to you. My first reading with her was by telephone and she is really good. Her name is Eagle Skyfire. She sends a CD to you with the reading as well. She charged me 50 - for 20 mins. You ask the questions and she'll answer them all and give you more. She talks fast to get it all in. She answers past life questions and she's talked about myself and my daughter in my 1st reading about what has went on. My daughter was a nun in England. That made sense because she has a fascination with England since she's been little and still does! I gave her my tea set from Japan that I was gifted years ago. My daughter can be prudy too sometimes and disapproves of me being a free spirit

Not sure if I mentioned it, but the Shaman Medicine Woman also thinks there is a good chance that my daughter will get pregnant in February if she's not extra careful. I already warned her - she's scared. I told her not to be. She said it's not only Valentine's Day that month but the month they met so there are at least 2 days where they would certainly celebrate bigtime.

I hear you about the salt in Baking Soda. That is true and I retain water easily too. I've been cooking salt free most days and maybe adding a few granules once I taste the food - if it needs it. Whether I use salt freely or not, my body CRAVES salt. So, if I listen to my body all the time, I wonder if that's a good thing or not. I've heard of a suggestion that whenever you crave salt, to brush your teeth - it seems to satisfy the senses on your tongue. Yet, I know that if you go too low on salt (iodine), your thyroid may slow down - causing weight gain. So, I guess moderation is the key.

How have you feeling feeling the past 3 days?

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #1442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

How are you doing this weekend? You are quiet.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #1443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
So far, so good. We went to a friend's house for breakfast and she put butter in a very hot griddle and then poured the pancake batter in the griddle. I NEVER eat butter that's been "burned" like that. I ate my two pancakes, but ended up with a stomach ache. It could have been mental, but burned butter is bad for you.

I would love the number to the woman. My sister's friend has twins who are now 20. They are blind and deaf and have the mind of an infant or small toddler. She wants the reading for them. The psychic she wants to see is constantly traveling, so she's hell bent on flying to see her.

I'm loving the Cesar Millan Sessions. It's a very basic training program, but I'm learning a lot. The hubby said we could add to the pack if it's another Cocker Spaniel. I'm going to start keeping an eye on the rescue sites for a girl that will fit in with my family.

Tomorrow is the bladder test - wish me luck!

Donna, what's going on?
Annette

Last edited by AMonkey; 09-27-2009 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: Typo
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #1444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette: I'll PM you on the phone number.

I WISH YOU LUCK on your Bladder test! Let us know your results. You may not get them right away, but I'll wait.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #1445
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Well, I'm now officially 63 DH says I look darn good for an old broad...

Had too much champagne, and too much red wine with my delmonico steak..Whole Foods was having a special on them fo $8.99, but for some reason I got it at Stop & Shop- $11.99! Duh. Good though. WF grass fed delmonicos were 19.99!!! Just couldn't do it.

Up two pounds to 159.1. 9/18 I weighed 155.3-also weighed that in June and April...I can't lose for love nor money...I do so well, stick to the program perfectly, and then sabotage myself.

Made "millionaire's shortbread" for snack time during rehearsal tonight. YUM!!! Layer of buttery shortbread, layer of caramel or dulce de leche, layer of chocolate. I cut them in tiny pieces they are so rich. You can google the recipe. I made it originally with condensed milk which you boil down to a caramel color, but in my quest for the color, I boiled too far, so did it over with just making caramel-boiling sugar and water to caramel color, then adding butter and cream. It worked better, and, if I hadn't ruined the first batch with the milk, would have been cheaper.

Annette, hoping the test results are what you want.
Linda, hmmm, might be interesting to talk to your shaman....

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 09-28-2009 at 06:22 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #1446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DONNA IS THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!

I didn't know your birthday was this weekend ? What day was it?

I'm back to 144 lbs - still have TOM but this weekend I ate small portions and excercised yesterday. Last night and this morning my tummy is puffy. Bought a pair of jeans yesterday - still a Size 12 - medium. The Size 10 medium stretched at the croutch and were snug at the thighs and butt.

If you want the phone number and e-mail address of the shaman, I'll PM you.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #1447
Major LCF Poster!

My b/d is 9/26-I share it with George Gershwin...
Sure, send me the number. She charges $50 for how long over the phone? Credit Card? What do I have to give/tell her?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #1448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I paid $50 for 20 mins. I don't know if that's her rate just for the EXPO or telephone.
You don't have to tell her anything. You make an appt. - have your questions ready - she reads and ask you for your question.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #1449
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I will PM you on her phone number and e mail - ask her the rate. I am at work now but if you want her phone number and e mail address, I'll be home tonight around 6:00 and that's where I can e-mail her info.

Ask her diet questions.

Did you see a doctor yet for blood tests etc?

Could be something simple...Eagle Skyfire is good- she tells you like it is.
I always ask her for health issues - she tells it straight up.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #1450
Senior LCF Member

Happy Birthday Donna!

Good results! No cancer, no ulceration and the inflammation is there - but healing due to my diet change. Of course, there's always something... I had to have a cat scan to check out a weird looking kidney. The doc said she'd sign off on the surgery at my next visit in 5 weeks if the kidney is OK.

I opted to stay off medication and keep the healing going by sticking to the low acid diet.

Funny, I got an internal signal about a month ago that it was time to give up pork. In fact, my husband cooked pork chops last month. I didn't want to be fussy so I ate one for dinner. I couldn't stand the taste. Today, I found out that bacon contributes to bladder cancer.

The doc said exercise shouldn't cause problems. I'll tell that to all the women on the IC site who swear they have a pain flare after exercising. I'll try it again - but watch for signals.

Last edited by AMonkey; 09-28-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-glad results were good. Good for you for deciding to not take the meds.

Up yet another .9! Don't know why.

Thrilling rehearsal last night.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:49 AM   #1452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Happy Birthday Donna!

Good results! No cancer, no ulceration and the inflammation is there - but healing due to my diet change. Of course, there's always something... I had to have a cat scan to check out a weird looking kidney. The doc said she'd sign off on the surgery at my next visit in 5 weeks if the kidney is OK.

I opted to stay off medication and keep the healing going by sticking to the low acid diet.

Funny, I got an internal signal about a month ago that it was time to give up pork. In fact, my husband cooked pork chops last month. I didn't want to be fussy so I ate one for dinner. I couldn't stand the taste. Today, I found out that bacon contributes to bladder cancer.

The doc said exercise shouldn't cause problems. I'll tell that to all the women on the IC site who swear they have a pain flare after exercising. I'll try it again - but watch for signals.
Annette: Good news! It's strange that last week I mentioned your "kidney" and then I didn't know why. You said it's your bladder. Prayers go out to you for that test to be A-OK!

Lots of diet gurus mention not to eat pork but never says WHY. That is my favorite meat - must be my german/polish ancestory! You're Type A blood, right? Generally all red meat isn't supposed to be great. A types do better on grains and vegetarian diets per Blood Type Book. I like that book "if" you have maladies because I think he's on to something but as far as weight loss - he didn't impress me - though he said Protein/Veg's and low carbs for O types - he does give ancient grains and sprouted grains (Ezekiel) bread as a OK which I endulged on. Perhaps my fault.

Once your body is in sync you will be able to resume full exercises but for now just do what is light, slow and easy. When you do action exercises, it does stir up stomach acid. Something like callenetics or yoga would probably be fine - slow and easy exercises.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:56 AM   #1453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
I'm PM'ng you on Eagle Skyfire's phone number and email address.

DH and I went away last night after work and I didn't get to write to you. Was tired and wanted to just read.

Down 1 lb - 143 today. Ate stupid yesterday.

B: 1 hard boiled egg (the 2nd egg kept cracking in the water - tried with 2 eggs then gave up). Put Mrs. Dash on it - no salt.

L: Small bowl of boss's chilli (with beans).

S: BK Double Cheeseburger w/bun - cheese, onion, mayo

Snack: Pizza on a low carb flat bread w/pepperoni.

Took magnesium before I went to bed to expel that day's bad eating. I think as of this morning - gone! WHEW ! I know - TMI

Is anyone watching the Vampire Diaries on Thurs nights? I am reading the books on it. I'm on 2nd volume.

I love that Ghost Whisperer and Medium is on Friday nights now this season. Finally, shows that I like ...paranormal.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #1454
Major LCF Poster!

Grrrr-so you have a burger, chili and pizza and lose a pound-I eat chicken, salmon and cabbage and gain one....Well, good for you, anyway...

Gotta up my signature....AGAIN!!!>>>

4 net pounds since January 2...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 AM   #1455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Grrrr-so you have a burger, chili and pizza and lose a pound-I eat chicken, salmon and cabbage and gain one....Well, good for you, anyway...

Gotta up my signature....AGAIN!!!>>>

4 net pounds since January 2...
Well, I wasn't bragging - rather annoyed at myself because if I ate better, it may have been 3 or 4 lbs. TOM is gone so I am expecting a flush out. My tummy is waterlogged because of all the sodium.

If you decide to call the Shaman - ask her about the way of eating that would faciliate weight loss for you.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

That is interesting that you said "kidney." This whole medical thing started almost a year ago right after I started Atkins - what a year.

You know, I have to admit that it would be fun to see a dog psychic. Did the Shaman do the dog's reading and yours - or was that two separate people?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 AM   #1457
Major LCF Poster!

159.3 today-down .6. Sigh... Only had about 1100 cals, not hungry after dinner, but I sure am hungry between bkfst and lunch. Maybe not eat bkfst or eat later? I eat around 9:00am.

Talked to the builder of the 55+ community we'd like to build in. Hoping we can afford it, and sell our house. He couldn't believe I was over 55!

Here it is if you're interested Phillips Farm - The Best Value in Hartford County Hope the link worked. We are interested in the "Cornwall".

I used to love the show "Pet Psychic".
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 AM   #1458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is interesting that you said "kidney." This whole medical thing started almost a year ago right after I started Atkins - what a year.

You know, I have to admit that it would be fun to see a dog psychic. Did the Shaman do the dog's reading and yours - or was that two separate people?
It was 2 separate people that did my reading and Safi's.

If your medical problems started right after Atkins, there's a red flag. Protein is acidic. Did you tell your doctor this?

I remember back 7 years ago when I first did Atkins - when it was very popular and I heard of people going to the hospital. I was at a restaurant once and asked her if their crab cakes had carb fillers like potatoes. She asked me if I"m on Atkins and I said yes and she said her girlfriend went on it and ended up in the hospital. I don't know the medical reason why.

It doesn't mean the diet is unhealthy but some people don't do well on fats and protein as a staple during the induction phase.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #1459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
159.3 today-down .6. Sigh... Only had about 1100 cals, not hungry after dinner, but I sure am hungry between bkfst and lunch. Maybe not eat bkfst or eat later? I eat around 9:00am.

Talked to the builder of the 55+ community we'd like to build in. Hoping we can afford it, and sell our house. He couldn't believe I was over 55!

Here it is if you're interested Phillips Farm - The Best Value in Hartford County Hope the link worked. We are interested in the "Cornwall".

I used to love the show "Pet Psychic".
They look nice Donna. We have a over 55 village about 5 blocks from our developement that looks very similiar. The houses seem pricey to me. We had our house built for half that and it's bigger. I don't know how much the ones are going for near my house. The cost of living expenses differ from State to State and I believe the New England States are higher than PA. The further South you go, the less expensive. DH and I are thinking of retiring in Myrtle Beach, NC. No property tax! You can get my house down there for probably 1/3 of the cost and pay no tax.

The Real Estate market is slumped now for people wanting to sell their homes in my area and most of US - I don't know how it is in MA. But newly built homes don't seem to be a great deal. DH and I wouldn't consider moving at this time.

I bet that compliment won you over! Good for you. PLUS....if a Virgo husband says you're a good looking broad, it must mean something! Compliments don't come easy by Virgos. My dad was a Virgo.

Another bad day yesteday. Egg, Cheese, Ham on a Croissant, Shrimp in coconut/vanilla sauce over Risotto and veggies and Low Carb homemade Lasagna at 8:30 at night. Up 4 lbs! 147.

Tomorrow my daughter is having my sister and brother in law and mother in law, my DH and I to her house for dessert. This week is a bust. I better get in gear next week and continue on the Protein Power. Seems like I can handle a day or 2 of high carbs a week but then that's it - the weight then moves up.

This fall weather is getting me wanting comfort food. Chicken Pot Pie, Shephards Pie, homemade Apple Pie.... Maybe for another week I should just cook it, eat it and then move on. Like...get it out of my system.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #1460
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, for around here the prices are pretty good! In another town, they would be much higher. These places have been moving quite quickly all through the downturn. We will have to see...

Yesterday's meals sound great, and I think "no guilt, move on" might be a way to go. But don't go by me-I just look at foods and gain. Even when I am "good" I gain....
Old 10-01-2009, 04:15 AM   #1461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday I was up 4 lbs to 147. This morning down 4 lbs to 143.

I don't understand the rhyme or reason with these 4 lbs of water weight.

B: apple
L: homemade low carb lasagna and 1/4 cup french cup string beans w/ghee
S: Small salad and 1 zucchini sauteed w/organic fresh carrots
Snack: Was starved (binged) at 10:00 p.m. so I fried up some eggs and had it with 2 slices of low carb bread.

Tonight my daugher is having my in laws, DH and myself over. Pizza and Blueberry and Strawberry cream pies.
For lunch today - more lasagna - it makes so much.

Don't ask me what WOE I'm using right now. Just experimenting. Just trying to eat smaller portions than I normally would.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 10-01-2009 at 04:18 AM..
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 AM   #1462
Major LCF Poster!

Down a pound to 158.3. I don't understand either unless it's part water. Your four pounds came off quicker than mine are....I had 10 ounces of tilapia last night...Weight that comes on so fast should come off fast!. I'd like to be BACK to 155 by next Friday. Possible?? That is if I can get through the weekend...

Linda, you're eating way better than I am-basically protein and either cabbage, which I like sauteed with butter and/or bacon, or fennel, or the last two nights an heirloom tomato and olive oil..the fish I did with mayo, sour cream, butter, parm and parsley mixed, spread over and broiled. Good.

Last edited by Scotty; 10-01-2009 at 04:34 AM..
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #1463
Major LCF Poster!

What do you know/think about CLA?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #1464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't heard about it.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #1465
Senior LCF Member

Donna,
Very nice house! And what a great compliment.

I'm kind of in maintenance mode. But I still have some shape up work to do. The arms and abs are getting better, but the butt has a ways to go.

Yes, I told both my OBGYN and the urologist and they didn't have anything to say. I have read on the boards here that it is common for a woman's periods to go haywire after starting Atkins. And case in point, my husband cooked steak tonight and I ate two servings - nothing else, and I feel really sick.

Last edited by AMonkey; 10-01-2009 at 07:50 PM..
Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 AM   #1466
Major LCF Poster!

157.4 today =.9 pound down. Had a pretty high protein day yesterday/18 gross carbs. Nice to see the weight coming off, but again, it was a 4 pound gain over night and it is taking a week to take off. I'll take it...

I eat so much chicken that the folks at work make fun of me. I really don't get tired of it-I would a chicken breast though-I eat thighs. That's not to say that I would n't love a sandwich.

Hoping to get through the weekend well. NOthing social anticipated, so should be ok.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #1467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still at 143 as of this morning. Kinda surprised since this week was a junk food/carbo blow out.

Yesterday - I was hungry:

B: 1 cup oat bran - w/ghee and cinnamon, 4 slices of bacon (precooked)
Snack: Kraft Cheddar Cheese cubes
L: Lasagna 5x5x3 square w/1/2 cup broccoli
Snack: cubes of Kraft Cheddar
S: 2 slices of pizza - extra cheese, green pepper and onion
Evening @ daughters house - 2 small slivers of cheese cake pie 1-strawberry topping, the other blueberry. She made it - it was very rich.

That oat bran has lots of fiber and I went to the bathroom within 1/2 hr afterwards.

Took magnesium before I went to bed. Weighed after bathroom duties.

I read in 2 places that even excess protein gets converted into glucose (sugar) for storage. Never thought that of protein.

So, it doesn't matter what things you eat - excess converts into sugars and fats. Really beginning to feel that its all about calories in/calories out and there's no magic formula to any WOE.

The tweaks as to how much fats, carbs, protein is up to how each body handles it. Of course, excercise ups your metabolism and processes the calories better. I think that insulin is one of the key factors in storage of fat cell storage. Again, each body's insulin reacts differently to what foods we eat. For me, at least, by eating every 3 hrs or so, it tempers my insulin. Of course, I have to be moving around - not sitting down and eating every 3 hrs.

The cruix is that the more carbs I eat, the hungrier I get and it's hard to watch my portions. I actually feel hypogycemic between meals if it doesn't have enough protein or eat between meals.

The exception is weekends...I clean, do laundry, go grocery shopping usually on Saturdays like a Tasmanian Devil. If I'm busy - I am not hungry and usually don't eat until 1:00 - 1:30 and then it's usually just a low carb wrap, by dinner I am ravenous, after supper I am hungry too. Not a good balanced system.

Annette: Why don't you try getting a copy (used and cheap) of the blood type diet and look up Blood Type A. Red meat is a no-no for Blood Type A.
You might fit in nicely with his recommendations or pick up some food you are tolerant of that you didn't try yet. If I still have my copy, I can send it to you - just pay for shipping or his website may have some clues too. www.dradamo.com. With Donna and I - 2 helpings of steak is like heaven for us. We have adequate acidity in our stomach to break it down. Type A's are lacking it and I suspect your body is OVERCOMPENSATING for it and causing some of your problems.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 AM   #1468
Major LCF Poster!

One helping is fine for me-of course one helping could be a pound!!

I know that protein turns to glycogen-or glucose?- which is why sometimes I try to figure out how to eat less, but I get HUNGRY. And I can't see just eating fat. And eating less protein and adding fat doesn't seem to make much of a difference-I don't restrict fat but don't go nuts either. I do seem to have most of the fat at dinner. Maybe that's why I'm not hungry after dinner.

I had two chix thighs and a leg/thigh combo yesterday for protein, along with the 1.8 jumbo eggs I have with my frittata. That made 132.8 gms of protein. However, my cals were only 1282. Fat was 73.2gms for 51%. Maybe that evened things out?

I'm always hungry between bkfst and lunch, sometimes in the afternoon, but rarely hungry after dinner.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:42 AM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

Tried to upload a new avatar-went to edit avatar-browse-clicked on pic-save changes or whatever it said, and nothing happened. What did I do wrong? And again can't see pix...

High cal/carb night-vodka and a cookie made it so... oh well...

Last edited by Scotty; 10-03-2009 at 05:44 AM..
Old 10-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #1470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Tried to upload a new avatar-went to edit avatar-browse-clicked on pic-save changes or whatever it said, and nothing happened. What did I do wrong? And again can't see pix...

High cal/carb night-vodka and a cookie made it so... oh well...
Move over and let me on your computer and I'll figure it out.
Maybe you have to reduce the picture to e-mail size through whatever software you have on your computer. If the pixels are too large, alot of times, it won't download.

Still at 143.

B: none
L: broiled crab cake on kasier roll and 3 wings, 2 gin/tonics
S: popcorn - the whole bag microwaved while watching Ghost Whisperer and Medium
Later: Cornbeef on Low carb bread w/cheese and grey poupon.

Going to hairdresser, gym, pet store, grocery shopping today. I already did the laundry last night. Need to clean downstairs and my car too today. I better get moving if I want to get it all done today. I'll check back later.

Annette: Are you feeling better?