Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #1411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I've been working late and just trying to stay on track with the low acid diet. Following the one on the IC website just hasn't worked. I'm having to cut out foods and add them in one by one to see which one is the culprit. Unfortunately, the vitamins and antioxidants will have to be stopped for a while until my symptoms subside. Next week I go for the sonogram and the following week the very fun test where water is pumped into my bladder so they can get a better look at the damage.

So, I've been walking - but no exercise at the gym or with the DVD for a bit.

Sorry about the Red Hat event - that's got to be disappointing.

Annette
What is the IC website? Are the vitamins too acidic for you right now? My DH has had to do the rotation diet or elimination diet to figure out the food sensitivities. Of course, I cooked. Then, a blood test done in Florida was able to pinpoint it better.

I didn't know you were having kidney damage. I guess with all the UTI's - eventually the kidneys get weakened. I hope these doctors come up with answers for you and quick. Hate to see you suffering like this.

Don't worry about exercise-you're health is more important. It may even be straining your body to do too much in that regard. Walking at leisure seems to be the ticket right now for you.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I love my cleaning ladies!!! DH mentioned today that perhaps we should have them once a month instead of every two weeks. That got a big NO.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #1413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
No kidney damage, just the darn bladder and probably the pelvic floor. The tests will show what's what.

My husband is grinding coffee right now - I really, really miss coffee. Not for the buzz, but for the taste.

The IC website is the Interstitial Cystitis site.

Interstitial Cystitis Network - Painful Bladder Syndrome Information, Support, Encouragement and Empowerment – IC is treatable!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #1414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
No kidney damage, just the darn bladder and probably the pelvic floor. The tests will show what's what.

My husband is grinding coffee right now - I really, really miss coffee. Not for the buzz, but for the taste.

The IC website is the Interstitial Cystitis site.

Interstitial Cystitis Network - Painful Bladder Syndrome Information, Support, Encouragement and Empowerment – IC is treatable!
I don't know why I picked up kidney! I'll check out the site so I know more of what you're going thru.

I love the aroma of coffee - it's like popcorn popping - can't resist consuming. I love the taste too and I drink a couple of cups of leaded - then switch to unleaded. I still get the taste with decaf. Is that too acidic for you too? I tried chicory imitation coffee when I had acid reflux - not the same.

Donna - you are soooooooo spoiled! I only hope when I hit my 60's - my husband will let up on me cleaning all the time. When I worked at the Bank, everyone had a cleaning women except me. My boss use to laugh and say I can clean his house too. Of course, maybe that's why I stayed within my weight. I used to go like a Tasmania Devil plus mow 1 acre of lawn, weed, go to night classes at college, work overtime at the Bank and keep up with my toddler daughter. My nerves were shot and I was getting headaches daily which is when I found that magnesium too care of the tension headaches. I've slow down now and clean at my own desired speed but my friends still say I am more ambitious then they are.

Today is Holistic Spiritual Expo day. I'll fill you guys in on what readings I get if you care to know.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I guess I am spoiled, but believe me, I get reminded of it.

Had a nice time at Beth's b/d. Everyone loved my apps. I didn't eat much but I did imbibe a bit....

I love the aroma and taste of coffee too. I just have my one decaf a day.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #1416
Major LCF Poster!

My Grandsons

Just seeing if I was able to enter the avatar. If I did, this is maxwell and Andrew at Elizabeth Park after Max' baptism. They don't usually dress like Little Lord Fauntleroy...
ETA-I don't see it, but I also don't see any others. Did it work?
Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #1417
Major LCF Poster!

So I turned the pc off, turned it back on-all avatars were there. Went to another forum, no avatars, back to this one, no avatars. WTH???
Old 09-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

Avatar view can be affected by your browser settings. Do you get the little X in the middle of where the picture should be?

When I get better I can have low acid coffee. I think I'll have to order it online. Some people drink dandelion coffee.

I clean my own house - kinda. My husband helps. But we're not as tidy as we used to be. Of course, I have half the house you guys do and no lawn. So I might be burning 25 calories a work on housework .

I added my liquid vitamin and antioxidant powders back into my diet today. So far so good - cross your fingers.

Annette
Old 09-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #1419
Major LCF Poster!

Avatars are there now. No, didn't get the red X, just people's names but no picture. Hope you enjoy looking at my sweet grandsons. I sure do!

Just posted this and when it loaded the A's were gone!

Last edited by Scotty; 09-20-2009 at 02:05 PM..
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette: I found this website on your ICN - more to it than what I copied on some natural and supplements. Baking Soda was one of them. Makes sense since Baking Soda is an alkaline - opposite of acid.

The website is: Evenbetternow.com Natural and Alternative Health Therapies

Interstitial cystitis is one of those mysterious chronic illnesses that many doctors have a difficult time treating. The reason being is that when patients get tested for urinary tract infections, more often than not, nothing turns up. Hence the name "non-bacterial cystitis".

There is no known cause and no known medical cure for IC. There are medical treatments and procedures, such as bladder instillations, hydrodistensions, and Elmiron, but they only work for a small percentage of people some of the time, and often have strong side effects.

Interstitial cystitis is considered to be an "immune system breakdown disorder" because it typically appears when immunity has been compromised. It often occurs in tandem with other immune system breakdown disorders, namely chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, and vulvodynia.

In fact, IC patients are 100 times more likely to have irritable bowel syndrome than the general population, and a large percentage suffer from the afore-mentioned disorders as well. This is not surprising, since a compromised immune system can and does affect many areas of the body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message from Andrea Nichols [Founder of Evenbetternow, LLC]

Listen to message on IC If you suffer from interstitial cystitis, my heart goes out to you. I know full well the sheer agony of endless days and nights of pain, not to mention the countless trips to the bathroom and the inability to lead anywhere near a normal life. My symptoms started in 1996, after the birth of my son. I had a relatively severe case of IC for approximately 6 years. Then in 2002 I read Catherine Simone's book "Along The Healing Path" and followed the protocol outlined below.
Today I am completely symptom-free. I can eat anything I want, and do anything I want, without discomfort or pain. So there is hope! What worked for me may be different than what works for you, but I believe you have the best shot at healing if you approach it from a natural, holistic perspective, with the idea of detoxifying the body and then rebuilding the immune system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intersitial Cystitis Symptoms

Interstitial cystitis symptoms typically appear when your immunity has been compromised. The space between the bladder lining and the bladder muscle becomes chronically inflamed, leading to pain, sometimes severe. Cracks in the bladder wall allow urine to irritate bladder tissue, leading to a breakdown in the lining of the bladder.

Do you suffer from :

•pain in the bladder that intensifies as it fills and then goes away upon voiding, only to immediately return again;
•breakdown of the bladder tissue, even when infection is not present;
•extreme frequency of urination, often every few minutes;
•blood in the urine;
•digestive problems;
•low grade fever;
•recurrent vaginal yeast infections;
•joint pain and swollen glands;
•thyroid problems;
•severe food allergies which trigger bladder pain;

If so, then follow the steps below to gain immediate and long-term relief!

Watch Brief Video on The Basic Steps To A Healthy Bladder
with C.C. Raphael

If you'd like to speak with C.C. Raphael directly, call toll-free 877-562-6039
(ext 70) Monday - Friday. International visitors, call 520-877-2637 (ext 70).

To view details of our Basic Interstitial Support Pak, click here >>>

Steps to Recovery and a Healthy Bladder

1. Read "Along the Healing Path - Recovering from Interstitial Cystitis"

This excellent book, written by Catherine M. Simone, is a must read for anyone with Interstitial Cystitis. I can honestly say, if it weren't for this book I would not be in the place I am today, which is completely symptom-free. Catherine Simone had a very severe case of IC, which she healed using the methods described in her book.

"Along The Healing Path" is a holistic perpective of interstitial cystitis with information on various alternative treatments, herbs, and natural products.

View Details and
Order Now >>>
"Along The Healing Path" offers very helpful tips and vital information for IC sufferers “from one IC patient to another…”

One Customer's Experience using Our Recommended Steps
"Thank you for all the information you provide on your website. Just one month ago I received the book I ordered, "Along The Healing Path". I have read and re-read it, followed what it had to say, and am symptom free for almost a week now.

I ordered the Organic Marshmallow Root Tea since I have only been able to find it in tincture and capsule form. Thank you for making these products available. My MD said there was no way to overcome Interstitial Cystitis and I almost believed him until I went on line and found your website."

- Sincerely, Sharyn B., Long Beach, CA
Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 AM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Gained 3.8 pounds since Friday....is that some sort of record?? Back on track today.

First rehearsal for Brahm's Requiem tonight. Even after only 5 hours' sleep, those three hours of rehearsal fly by. Then of course it's even harder to sleep when I get home. But worth it.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 AM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna, glad you figured it out. Your grandsons are cute as buttons! Now I want a mug shot of you (and hubby if you can swing that)!

Yesterday was really fun at Holistic Expo! I was exhausted from walking all day long and went to bed at 10:00 last night but woke up at 4:00 am - awake as could be.

Allergies are in an Autumn uproar - eyes are raw. Typical for me at this time of the year. At least that's consistent. When I first put in my contact lenses this morning, I got painful spasms and had to take them out. I have them back in now but they are itchy.

Trying to figure out what I want for breakfast - tired of eggs. Maybe 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and some raspberries. I have been severely lacking fruit. Fruits are antioxidants and I need that right now.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #1423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Gained 3.8 pounds since Friday....is that some sort of record?? Back on track today.

First rehearsal for Brahm's Requiem tonight. Even after only 5 hours' sleep, those three hours of rehearsal fly by. Then of course it's even harder to sleep when I get home. But worth it.
I didn't weigh this morning. Legs feel more solid today than ever but tummy is poofy. Gotta hit the magnesium this morning to blow out the carbs. Yesterday after the Expo my client/friend and I went to an Italian Restaurant called Boston's. Ahh, the food is delectable. I had ravioli in a creamy chipolte sauce w/shrimp, broccolli and red bell pepper. I ordered a salad with it too. I also had a double Maker's Mark burbon on rocks It's amazing that I didn't get tipsy but at least it made me go to bed early.

Donna, do you guys have a CD of your music? I would love to hear it.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, your meal sounds worth it!! So you're a bourbon drinker...I had a dream about having a bourbon last night...

I have a picture of us in a pedibike in a Hutong in Beijing, but it's lousy of both of us!! I usually take the pix, so I'm seldom in them.

Because of union laws with the Symphony, we can't have CDs madeI don't understand this-I know most of the 160 members would be more than happy to pay $15 for a CD-they just don't do them, although they record all performances. Only when we perform on our own do we get CDs. Sometimes people will record them when WNPR plays our performances, but of course a recording of a recording from the radio is never that good.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #1425
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much for the website link. I've been drinking alkalized water and it is helping so much. Funny enough, it's distributed out of Henderson.

No pain for the third day - who hoo!

Annette
Old 09-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #1426
Major LCF Poster!

Finally read the article about your illness, Annette-must be awful, but glad to see there is in fact something you can do about it. Get well soon.

Gained .1 yesterday. Not sure how that happened! Stats:
cals 1009-may be a bit higher
fat 63%
carbs 3%
protein 34%

I was so happy to be "back" down to almost 155-I don't seem to be able to get below that. Something always interferes, including myself.

Got home at 10:30 last night-fell asleep around 12:30, up at 4. My bags have bags. The music, however, is heartbreakingly gorgeous.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #1427
Major LCF Poster!

Caved to some Panera pastries-this is a real problem when the wholesalers come to the office. HOWEVER, instead of having a whole one, I had a small slice from the two I liked. Not TOO much damage, but carbs will be high tonight. They were delicious with my coffee...
Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #1428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna: We need to get past the point of thinking that a taste of a certain food that is normally restricted is a reason for guilt. I am so tired of dieting, it's not funny. I don't see men obsessing like us woman do over diets and appearance etc.

I saw a Native American Medicine Shaman Women at the Expo last Sunday and she said my "guardian" said the extreme of low carb/high protein is not good for me and if I continue, I will be extremely cranky and it's not good for my insulin imbalance either. Next April, a new woman cycle - I think she means the big "M". She said that if a do 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% vegetables, that is the right balance for me and that it's more important that I eat mini-meals throughout the day - then to wait until the evening to load up (how did she know I do that?).

So, for now, we'll see how that works. I know what to fall back on if it doesn't work. I'm taking Amino Acids, DHEA and L-Glutamine just recently on my own and that's suppose to burn fat and get my metabolism back to the speed it was before I hit my 40's. We'll see.

Tomorrow gym day so I'll be doing Slow Burn and we'll see if there's any progress. I'm tired of the same 5 lbs on - off - on -off whether I restrict or not.

All this information on food and diets are so contradictory that no wonder the population is gaining and gaining. We're so confused. I think you've just gotta figure out the right combo that you can live with and go from there. Perhaps even set a low goal because we are middle age and not supposed to look like we did in our 20's. Hormones are the Quarterback in our bodies. We can only manipulate so much with our weight and then risk deficiencies from restricting a food group. All diets have us restricting something even if its just quantity.

The Medicine Woman told me to listen to my body and it'll tell me what foods my body wants on a given day. Just hope it's not going to tell me junk food or else we's gonna have a problem!

Annette:
So glad you have had 3 days of no pain. How are you alkalizing your water? Sounds like your water intake would be a key factor - after all, we're talking about your "bladder".

So far today my eats are:
B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/1/4 cup of raspberries
L: Fried chicken from the supermarket already prepared and coleslaw.
S: Olive loaf and White American Cheese on Pepperidge Farm Carbwise bread w/mayo.

I should have eaten more mini meals during the day - like every 3 hrs but I don't have nuts right now which I usually have for the mid afternoon snack.
Later I'll eat something else. Right now, not hungry so apparently my insulin is ok now.

Chow!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, interesting about your experience at the expo.

I didn't feel guilty about the pastry, but I know that eating it sabotages my desire to lose this %#@*#&&$ weight!

I'm tired of the same pounds on and off, too...

Cals a bit high tonight-had pork chop, braised on top of cabbage sauteed in bacon fat. Mmmm.

stats:
cals 1665 as near as I can come-had to estimate the pastry
fat 67%
carbs 6%-again an estimate with the pastry
protein 27%
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #1430
Senior LCF Member

I buy Real Water. It's pricey, but I can't afford an alkalizing machine right now. I'm down to 125 again. This time it's from diet and exercise (walking). I keep the calories between 1200 to 1400 because I'm not doing much in the way of exercise. I'm going to start using arm weights to at least do something to tone my arm muscles. I bet I could do some squats too. It's frustrating not to do more - but my patience will pay off.

Sounds like you had a great time at the Expo!

Annette
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette: I'm wondering if you could use baking soda mixed with Spring water to alkalize it as well. It sure would be alot cheaper. Do what works for you - that's the most important thing.

Congrats on your weight and do what your body feels like doing in exercise. It's healing now so a little will go a long way.

I ended the evening with roasted chicken over romaine w/onion and tomato and Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. Went to bed early - 9:30 p.m. From the other day of getting up at 4:00 a.m. I was still sleep deprived so I feel better today. Going to the gym before work this morning. I didn't go yesterday. Husband has a sinus infection and had to go after work and I needed then to come home right after work. But I had a sinus headache most of yesterday - so just as well.

Going to Smokey Bones tonight after work with GF. Donna, you should go to the one in your area - it's real good and low carb friendly.

DH is taking Safi to see the surgeon for a follow up appt. She'll get her leg Xray but I am requesting without anethesia. She was terribaly sick that 1st week having it twice - her local Vet, then her Surgeon.

Went to a Animal Communicator at the Expo - asked how she's feeling and Safi told her that her leg hurts sometimes but it's healing. The animal communicator said that Safi's funny and is playing with her head. She said first of all tell mom that I love her and I am in love with her and want to be with her all the time. She hated the surgeon and the worst part was her staying overnight there. She is always afraid of being abandoned by me. She said that whole ordeal with the surgury SUCKED! Whether the animal communicator was for real or now, the things that she said Safi said actually matched her personality. She even said that she told the animal communicator that her brain compacity is highly advanced.

In truth, she is the smartest dog I've ever had. She picked up human lanquage real quick and knows the name of all her toys. In a pile, we'll tell her which one to take out by name and she'll do it. She also mimicks our head movements on command. She bugs my husband to do her bidding and when he puts a book in front of his face to block her staring, she starts singing for attention. She knows not to keep bugging me...I explain why not and wave my hands and tell her to lay down and she does. When she doesn't get her way with DH, she looks at me like she's saying "tell him".

The animal communicator said that Safi told her I didn't need to spend the money on her because I already know her inside and out. Waste of money. She's one spoiled doggie!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #1432
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, so interesting about Safi! Was she there with you or did the person "get it" from you? How much had you told her about the situation?

I also thought about the baking soda idea for Annette...baking soda, as i am sure you both know, is a well known old fashioned cure for upset tummy.

Another wholesaler in today....SANDWICHES! My downfall! Good ones! I just took the guts out...and had one slice of bread... Not too much damage. Of course now I am also going to have my chicken. I am a bottomless pit!!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #1433
Major LCF Poster!

So, I gained 3.5 lbs between Friday and Monday this week. Between Monday and today I have lost .5 lb. Do we see anything incongruous in this, not to say unfair...
Old 09-24-2009, 06:52 AM   #1434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
So, I gained 3.5 lbs between Friday and Monday this week. Between Monday and today I have lost .5 lb. Do we see anything incongruous in this, not to say unfair...
Oh, to answer your question...Safi wasn't with me - I gave her a picture of her. I've had better Animal Communicators. She hit on a couple of things. When I asked her how she felt physically - she said Safi is telling her that her tummy is upset. Didn't mention her operated on leg. She did say that she didn't like the Malvern surgeon - I didn't tell her Malvern surgeon so that was a hit. I tested her on the favorite food which I think is chicken but her answer was anything I make. Vague. She seemed to grasp her personality essence. Mostely, I could tell she was reaching on alot of it. I am not that gullible as you may think. Believe it or not - my DH believes Animal Communicators more than regular psychics. He wanted to hear what the AC had to say and couldn't care less what the psychic told me.

I feel your frustration. This week, I weighed before bed - 3 lbs up, the next morning 3 lbs down. What happened overnight?

Got TOM this morning - rude awakening - right after shower before I got dressed. I'm glad I worked out yesterday morning because it would have really delayed my 2x a week gym days. I'm supposed to wait 4 days before going again so that'll be timed right. My biceps are sore this morning doing the slow method. Never had that happen. The rest of me isn't sore. I was able to do 1 set of each. One set is only needed for this method. The muscles get a harder workout and fatigue faster this way.

I just defrosted a whole turkey breast with skin and have it in the crock pot with chicken broth, celery, onions. I rubbed bird w/olive oil then rubbed rosemary,thyme,herbs deProvince, cracked pepper, Mrs. Dash Onion and Herbs.

My veggie will be sauteed brussel sprouts: steam brussels - Then in a saucepan, melt butter, 1 crushed clove,thyme, oregano, salt/pepper and throw the brussell sprouts in it - stir.

I may make Mini Choco Chip Cheesecakes - 2.2 grams of carbs each. I need to buy some cream cheese on my way home from work. The crust is 8 Tbsp chopped pecans, 2 packs of Splenda and 1 Tblsp butter. I get hungry for chocolate at this time of month.

Gotta take my dog for walk. She's at the front door laying there with her chibbies spread staring at me on the computer!

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 09-24-2009 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

I am certainly open to psychics and such-we have a very "sensitive" person in our RH group who sometimes is scary. But it's true, so much of what these people say is vague. Interesting, anyway.

What is /are chibbies?

I understand being up at night, but NOT gaining so much in a couple days without it going right down.

Never got around to making cheesecake-my cravings are for bread, not sweets...

Ever try roasted sprouts? Supposed to be yummy.

I am having meatloaf tonight-if it thaws in time. I love it 50's style with corn and mashed potatoes...or fauxtatoes for me...

I really like crockpotted chicken and sure turkey would be good too. The only problem I have is with the amount of juice they exude-would rather have it in the meat, although the meat is definitely tender.

Last edited by Scotty; 09-24-2009 at 08:14 AM..
Old 09-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #1436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chibbies are the flesh that hangs off the side of the face, prevalent in hound dogs, bulldogs and of course boxers. When the put their head down on a flat surface, they spread out like wings-LOL. So cute! They are droolers though.

I take the turkey out and roast it till skin is crisp - then puree the veggies cooking in the broth and thicken it with guar gum or arrowroot. I'm a gravy person. I'll also have 1/2 cup of turnips sauteed in ghee and 1 slice of low carb butter bread and that'll be about 10g carbs - what's allowed on Protein Power.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #1437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmm, gives me an idea - roast the turnips and brussel sprouts together in a casserole dish w/butter and herbs and the turkey too! Thanks for the idea!

Did you see the Julia movie yet?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #1438
Major LCF Poster!

I'm a gravy person too and am not wild about the thicken/thin stuff-I like a brown roux gravy.

Never "known" a boxer but they are supposed to be very sweet dogs.

Haven't seen Julie/Julia yet. Maybe DH and I can go for my birthday on Sat if it is still playing in the area. I have NO plans to stay on program that day. "no guilt, move on".
Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 AM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

So, I'm up .1 pound for no reason-how could I gain 3.5 in two days and not be able to lose it in 5 days, assuming it was "fluff" or water weight? In other words, I have lost less than .5 pound in 4 days of induction. Trying to ex. a bit... Where's the Whoosh Fairy???
Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #1440
Senior LCF Member

Hey there. Do you think psychics can get energy from a photo? My sister's friend wants to take pictures of her two sons to a past lives reader. My sister reads palms and does handwriting analysis and used to use the crystal ball - she's not so sure about the past lives thing. That expo sounded like it was a pretty cool experience.

I had a little piece of pie and some ice cream last night. Wow! It was good.

I have a link to the old school leg and butt exercises - Aerobic exercise: Let's get physical: Workouts: Self.com

These are supposed to be very good for the inner thighs and butt.

The baking soda has a high sodium content and I retain water too easily. But I can do it in small doses.