Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #1381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, I was in the audience and was asked to come up to the stage.

Wondering about the roast-to me, anything in the CP is basically pot roasted-in other words, slowly cooked, and of course there's the liquid. By roasted I mean cooked with dry heat. Was the roast medium rare (or however you like it)?

My mother was my height (to begin with-whe she died she was about 5'4") with my build except big boobs...she lived to 90. My father was around the same height and a bit stocky. He died of his second heart attack at age 50. Genetics....

My protein was only about 49 grams, BUT that was cuz I was doing the FF. Usually I am over 100. I was just surprised that even though I stayed with the high fat and low cals, I gained. I had two glasses of diet ginger ale and some diet jello. Still it is a net of 4.1 pounds since last Tuesday, so I'll take it, although I think some of that was water weight gain to begin with. Hoping to get below 155 before the weekend. Any tips girls?
Crock Potting 8 hrs makes a well done, juicy, tender beef roast. I loved it.
It's a recipe I've done since I've been married and it's from an ancient cookbook.

.5 lb is just water weight. Like I said, there seems to be no rhyme or reason why we gain or lose.

Drink lots of water this week.

Stay on plan.

I also use Fiber Choice Weight Management when on low carb some days and other days Ultimate Cleanse (fiber) Colon Cleanse or just plain magnesium.

The combo of low carb, water, and fiber seems to take care of water weight as long as I'm dilligent enough to do it.

Sometimes I've noticed that diet soda makes me bloat up with water weight. I should check the sodium content. The phospherous in the bubbles can cause water retention.

Lessen the salt as well and see how that goes.

Just my humble opinion. Nothing new from what I've recommended before.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #1382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Having soda is unusual for me...
I have mag in my calcium-had tablets for a while but didn't notice much-I am pretty regular...
Use very little salt. I can always drink more water...
I'll have to try crockpotting the eye round when on sale, but I love my meat med. rare. so for that will get another cut.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #1383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have found magnesium in with a calcium pill ineffective. I take them as a stand alone supplement. 500 mg - Twin Lab brand is the best I've found.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #1384
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This latest avatar is from the Renaissance Faire with a hat on! LOL-I don't wear hats but I was asked to pose.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:56 AM   #1385
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, cute picture! Wish I knew how to upload from my camera...

Stats from yest.
clas 1264
fat 64%
carbs 4%
protein 32%

down .2 pound. Is that an average daily lost or do most people, as I think, lose more than that oh strict VLC? Better down than up, though, right?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #1386
Major LCF Poster!

The above loss equates to a bit over a pound a week.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #1387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As much as you think you are cleaned out - magnesium will find more - as I found out this morning! I'm reading the Protein Power Lifeplan book (the newer addition). They say that in 1995 - a study was done that 72% of the population is deficient in this super supplement. The soils that grow our agriculture is sooo depleted that there is no way we can get enough from what we eat. A lack of magnesium is accountable in people that have heart attacks, MS, allergies, Fibromyalgia and many more that I can't think of. I just read that without magnesium, calcium is not properly stored. And if you take more calcium than magnesium, you are hurting yourself. A lot of the calcium pills that have "magnesium" - the ratio is 2:1 where we need more magnesium than calcium.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #1388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
No, I didn't cook - wasn't taught. My parents were older when I was born and were kinda tired and worn out from raising the other kids. I could write a book about my attempts at cooking. But you're right - I should get in there and try it again.

I'm at 126 at holding.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:50 AM   #1389
Major LCF Poster!

Here is what I ate yest:
bkfst-1.8 jumbo eggs, .3T butter,.1C spinach, 1T parm, .8oz cheddar, decaf w/ 1 pack Splenda and 1oz half and half-all there was at work-diff. in carbs is negligible and fewer cals
lunch-2 medium chix thighs w/ skin, marinated in It. dressing, roasted
dinner-6 oz shrimp, sauteed with small cuke, sauce made of homemade broth, a bit of vermouth, and heavy cream
1 slice bacon

cals 1368
fat 67%
carbs 4%
protein 29% (92.2 gms)

I am up another .1 pound. Now I know that's not much, but I see NO reason for me to be anything but DOWN!! On Sunday after one day of FF I was at 156, Monday after another high fat, almost FF (remember I had a burger) 156.5.....

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 09-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #1390
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot-5.5 raw ounces of fennel cooked with 1T EVOO and 1T parm
Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #1391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Didn't weight today. Went to mexican restaurant with my DH as a date and ate a good portion of corn tortilla chips last night and had a enchilada and tamale with a bit of rice and a mexican mixed drink - Mojita...with mint, fruit and simple syrup. Feel a little water bound today. Wearing Size 10 jeans so maybe that's why I feel bigger. That'll keep me from overeating today! Being good today: Had 2 eggs, 2 sausages, melted cheese, buffalo chicken over salad w/ranch - ate mostly the chicken and a cup of the greens. Not hungry. Planning on baked pork chops for dinner tonight with green beans. Went to dentist - it's been 2 yrs. No cavities - they were surprised! They asked me if I take vitamins or supplements and I said yeah and I try to steer away from sugar. My husband who eats sugar like crazy has an appointment with them today at 3:30 and has broken off 2 teeth and has a cavity in one of them to be fixed. Finally...I'm doing something right that he isn't!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #1392
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to 155.9, where I was both in June and July...

I have lost 3.6 pounds since 9/10. My stats for the week are the following-doing VLC:
cals 1302
fat 67%
carbs 4%
protein 29% (87.8 gms)

so it looks like for right now I have to go VLC and low cal. Fun. Haven't measured lately but my clothes fit the same... I ex. when I can but I can't really put that in the equation.

SIL is giving my daughter an "impromptu" 30th b/d party, and I am in charge of taking care of Maxwell whilst he takes her out to dinner so the guests can arrive, and of course major appetizers...there goes my 3.6 pounds...AND now I can go to my Red Hat overnight at the lake, which we all look forward to-wine and skinny dipping are involved..
Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 AM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Girls

Ok...my stats from yesterday's eating:

B: 2 eggs fried in ghee w/1 slice melted white amercian cheese, 2 Jimmy Dean sausage links and Joseph's low carb pita bread (delish by the way).
L: Buffalo Chicken Salad - 3 oz boneless chicken breast covered with hot sauce and 1 cup of romaine lettuce (take out)
S: 1 baked pork chop w/bone and 1 cup of frozen snap peas
Later: 1 Atkins Daybreak bar
2 baked chicken thighs (left over and ate cold) before going to bed.

******:

Calories: 1564
Fat: 102.8 g
Carbs: 21.3
Protein: 124.4 g

Weight last night: 144.4 before my 2 chicken thighs
Weight this morning: 144.4
Weight after magnesium kicked in this morning: 142.1

I was still hungry after dinner and the Atkins bar didn't quench it. I kept drinking water to dispell it but I was craving protein. A few bites and I was feeling so much better and then went to bed content.

Still doing Protein Power and just read their Protein Power Lifeplan last night. Remember when I was having problems calculating our protein requirements for the day, Donna? This book calculates it for you. For my weight and height I need a minimum amount of 61 grams of protein each day - broken down into 27grams per meal. If you go over, that's fine because protein won't kick your insulin in which is the main cause of weight/water gain for those insulin sensitive.

I like this newer book better. It has a lot more information, updated medical and nutritional info, alot of charts on protein and carb grams on typical food and a plan of your choosing of 3 plans. Hedonist (looser of the 3), Dilettante (middle of the road - organic) or a Purist (stricter, all organic, no grains at all). I chose Hedonist because it suits me better. The carbs phases are broken down to:

Intervention: 7 - 10 carbs per meal
Transition: 15 carbs per meal
Maintenance: Week 1 - 20grams per meal
Week 2 - 25 grams per meal
Week 3 - 30 grams per meal

One you lose the weight you want, go on maintenance to keep it there. The above maintenance is a guideline because they say that everyone's carb limit is different. Suffice to say, if you up your carb grams and your weight goes up, then you scale it back by 5 grams at a time.

Fats allowed are that of Atkins. Natural, not margarine but animal, olive oil, butter or ghee, canola, nut oils, lard, coconut oil etc. No vegetable , corn or soybean oils and definitely no partially hydrogenated oils of any kind.

They changed their stance from their 1st book on artificial sugars. Their research is now against many of them except Splenda and Stevia. They say that WHITE food is so addicting: flour, sugar, potatoes, cocaine, heroin etc.

Iron should not be taken unless you get your periods yet. Cancer thrives on iron. The body has no way to give rid of excess iron unless you blood-let ie. give blood to a blood bank. Heart attack patients are found to have too much iron. Its a double edge sword. You need some but if you eat red meat and do not have periods, don't add to it. I still get mine and have taken multi vitamins w/iron for 20 yrs or more. When I gave blood at the blood bank a few years ago, they always were pleased with my iron amounts. Being a O negative, they were hungry for my blood type as it is hard to find and O negatives can only receive O negative blood. But, it had to come to an end because my veins are so thin and they would not put the needle in me without it causing excrutiating pain.

Annette: What is your goal weight? Seems like you've met your goal now.

Donna: Can't wait to get your stats for today. Personally, I think we pay for days after we cheat no matter what strict diet we go on. I think I am still paying for the Renaissance Faire. Oh...but it was good!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:26 AM   #1394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
You and I were writing at the same time!
Yeah, these social events are diet killers.

Annette, this may be of interest to you...

Just read Eades co-written book with weight trainer Frederick Hain called
The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution - 30 mins a week! Loved everything he had to say and it fits my intuition to a T as to what SHOULD work when we exercise. Come to think of it, I did this style of exercising when I joined the gym 3 yrs ago and it worked faster then, than now. I'm going to go back to it now.

1) Weight machines: Put it right at the maximum weight that you can complete a set in 1 1/2 mins. Lift till FAILURE. Your muscles will scream for attention and the body will respond. Your body will burn fat and sugar and your kidneys, pancreas, heart and lungs respond in kind but pumping out the oxygen and blood flow. None of this ...light weights, more reps.

2) Most important of anything... Go SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
3 SECONDS - TO MOVE THE 1ST INCH.
7 SECONDS - TO COMPLETE THE FULL EXTENSION
3 SECONDS - TO RETURN 1 INCH TO BRING THE WEIGHT DOWN
7 SECONDS - TO COMPLETELY RETURN TO COMPLETION OF 1 REP.

Breathe normally through out.

You will not sweat hardly.

Cardio is a waste of time. Tread machines will train your muscle to use the tread machine and that's it. Jogging and all other aerobics causes tons of weight to bear down on you - in running - your head is impacted as well and a protein gets released in the process and is toxic. Injuries are plenty. Runners get their muscles eaten up for energy. That's why the hard core runners look emaciated and even their faces turn craggy - they are losing muscles in their face as well!

A well known runner who wrote tons of books on it died by going out for his daily jog. Died of a heart attack. His dad died young and so did he. He was trying to beat the odds and failed. BTW: My boss at the bank did the same thing. Died on a routine jog run - heart attack.

Just because you are fit, you are not necessarily healthy.

Exercise will not make an underlining disease better i.e, cancer, heart problems.

Myth: cardio improves your heart and lungs. False! Your blood flow improves and lets it flow easier for the time being and it FEELS like it is; however, if you do resistance/strength training - you are gettiing your muscles surrounding your organs to burn fat and sugar. All cardio does is improve your stamina but the negatives outweight the pros.

Building muscle through weight lifting burns calories, speeds your metabolism even when you are sleeping.

The SLOW method is the best method for increasing lean body weight. People that are doing fast reps are not even using the muscles that are intended. They are using the small muscles to go that speed.

Build up the large muscle groups 1st because that is going to change your metabolism from slow to fast.

30 mins - once a week for 8 exercises or you can split them between 2 days - no less than 5 days apart.

Excercise pictures in detail for home exercizes and gym. However, at some point when you need to up your weights because this is "strength" training, you'll need gym equipment eventually.

Frederick Hahn is located in NYC and trains famous people and has some Slow Burn gyms.

I would be delighted to just go to the gym once a week for 1/2 hr and see results. I'm going to give it a go. A few years ago, when I went to the gym it ended up being once a week and I would crank high weights from the start. My thighs slimmed down fast. This pansy way that everyone told me to do - slow progression doesn't work. I'm now up to 135 lbs of weight for the leg machines and my upper thighs are still jello.

Just some food for thought (opps, pardon the pun)
Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #1395
Major LCF Poster!

The party is Saturday. Why does the weight come on so easily, pounds at a time, and comes off so slowly, ounces at a time??

That exercise regimen sounds right up my alley!! I always wondered about aerobic ex. and always hated it. I never minded doing weight stuff. THis is a book, right? I might look it up. BUT 30 minutes once a week sounds too good to be true.

Do you agree with me about what I have to do to lose? Bummer.

Last edited by Scotty; 09-17-2009 at 06:23 AM..
Old 09-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #1396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The party is Saturday. Why does the weight come on so easily, pounds at a time, and comes off so slowly, ounces at a time??

That exercise regimen sounds right up my alley!! I always wondered about aerobic ex. and always hated it. I never minded doing weight stuff. THis is a book, right? I might look it up. BUT 30 minutes once a week sounds too good to be true.

Do you agree with me about what I have to do to lose? Bummer.
Yeah, I know the payoff of restricting food doesn't add up to when you don't restrict.

I will not wholly endorse this method of exercise till I try it but I sure like what he has to say. I'll update you. Yes, it's a book and I got it at Amazon.com. Not a thick book and condensed to the facts and good pictures of excercise examples w/descriptions. For home use, for example, you need a couple of towels, plastic water jugs to fill up with water for weights, a mat - a chair and that's about it. He simplifies it. I hate the BS I've been reading off of these E-books from weight trainers. This is a breath of fresh air! I have asked for my money back on those e-books and so far go 1 back and asked for the other to refund me today.

I hate cardio too and don't like to sweat. I don't mind moistness but total dripping and body heat at fever temperatures makes me sick. I get sunstroke so maybe that's the reason why.

We'll see how this pans out.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #1397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Customer just brought in a pizza - see that? Social encounters are diet killers.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #1398
Senior LCF Member

Hello! My weight goal was 125. I did get down to 125 last month? but I was sick and it didn't stick. I've been bouncing around between 126 and 129 for a few months due to this stupid bladder condition. Thank goodness I at least get the dogs out for a walk - but even that hasn't been possible a few days.

Logging my food is a complete necessity as I tend to snack and rack up calories quite easily. I can't buy rice cakes anymore. They look so innocent - but they are NOT! And they're brown rice cakes - ugh! It's not fair.

I think the goal now is to get into shape. I believe I'll see a few more pounds come off - but if not - as long as my muscles are strong and lean, then I'm OK.

That book sounds very interesting. I need to get over to Borders.

Glad to hear everyone is well.

Annette
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 AM   #1399
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-I think rice cakes taste like packing material. No loss there...I agree with you that getting in shape is the priority. Now if I would only agree with myself and do it!

By tenths of an ounce, s-l-o-w-l-y my weight is going down. .6 down today to 155.3. I think that is my lowest. BUT I had some vodka last night so I expect I'll see a gain tomorrow, and Sunday, who knows? Depends on how "good" I am. SIL is making a tenderloin so maybe I can just nibble on that. BUT I have to taste the goodies I am making-I have a habit of trying out new recipes for special events, so I have no idea how they will taste! Although too late then, right??

Linda, I hate to sweat, too. Funny.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:54 AM   #1400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette: Regardless 125, 129 - you look nice and slim. Build the muscle and it'll burn those extra calories without you having to cut down. I agree with Donna - rice cakes do taste like packing material. I didn't eat them when I wasn't dieting. I think you should focus on getting healthy now because you don't need to be worried about your weight. You look fine.

I didn't calculate my food because of 3 slices of pizza but maybe I'll do it today just to see how bad I was. Last night I had a spanish omelet wrap with the Joseph low carb wraps and later 5 mozzarella balls in olive oil and fresh basil.

I weighed in at 142 - even prior to bathroom duty. Very surprised I didn't gain 3 lbs. But I have a short window to do carbs before the water packs on. I have no idea what today's lunch will be. I'm not hungry for breakfast yet - dont want eggs again. I wish I had some berries now - I could eat 10 grams of carbs of those and call it breakfast.

I'm going to the gym this morning on my way to work and I'll try the SLOW way of using weight machines. It'll be my luck that people will be waiting to use the machines I'm using. I'll just tell them I'm a cousin of the SLOWSKY's (that husband/wife turtle that does the commercials on Comcast Cable). Anyway, Protein Power said you should work out on an empty stomach. That's outside the box, I'd say of what most gyms would recommend.

I had my 74 yr old lady customer in for energy healing and she always stays the afternoons and talks. While I had her in the room, another regular customer came in with pizza and we had a girl's afternoon chatting. My boss was working on his painting churping in now and then when he could. After they left, we had a Gin and Diet Tonic to wind down.

On Sunday, my 74 yr old customer and I are going to the Holistic Expo in Allentown for a day of fun. I"m driving and she knows how to get there. I'm like MAGOO driving out of town (remember the cartoon back in the 60's? A older man with thick glasses that always got lost driving).

Later last night, my DH wanted a energy healing "treatment" he calls it. I was wiped after that. I swear I burn calories doing that. I am ravenously hungry after I'm finished.

I'll check back later, girls.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #1401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

this thread is quiet today.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #1402
Major LCF Poster!

I posted early this morning-nothing more to add...except I looked at my ******-get a gander of this:
I have lost
1 week-2.1
2 weeks-.8
4 weeks-2.3
2 months-1.2
4 months-3.6
6 months-2.6
12 months-4.7
AAARRGH!
My highest was 164 in January when I re-started. My previous high was last August at 160. This really shows you what you're doing, or, in my case, not...
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I posted early this morning-nothing more to add...except I looked at my ******-get a gander of this:
I have lost
1 week-2.1
2 weeks-.8
4 weeks-2.3
2 months-1.2
4 months-3.6
6 months-2.6
12 months-4.7
AAARRGH!
My highest was 164 in January when I re-started. My previous high was last August at 160. This really shows you what you're doing, or, in my case, not...
Is that average for 1 week loss, 2 week loss? etc?

See how good you're doing - 164 in Jan and now 157-159!

If we did a year of NO CHEATING whatsoever, I would be disappointed with myself at this point; however, that wasn't the case.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #1404
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, those are the ****** stats. Basically, I've lost 5 pounds in a year.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #1405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna, when is your Red Hat event?

Do you all meet at a restaurant?

You could still order low carb and treat yourself to drinks like Vodka on the rocks w/limes.

My friend wanted to meet me at Olive Garden last week. I said no way I can just order a salad at a Pasta/Bread Stick restaurant. So, we are settling on Smokey Bones (a meat joint).

The lady whom I'm going to go out Sunday to the Expo suggested an Italian restaurant for lunch. I said as long as they have entrees with meat/veggies. If it's a sandwich or salad place only - forget it. It's frustrating to order a steak sandwich and dump the meat and toss the roll. People look at you like you're nuts. Besides, it doesn't taste that great alone. I like regular diners for versatility. Some of those chain restaurants have their own sides tied to the meals and sometimes don't allow you to switch.

Today, I had a couple of tiny clams in shell, crab bisque soup, garden salad with broiled shrimp, parm pepper dressing and gin w/club soda. Oh...a few onion rings.

Tonight, so far just had 2 large homemade cheeseburgers with a little fried onion and mayo. Later I'll have to eat something else. Not much in the fridge - must go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Went to gym this morning. It is harder to work the machines at a slow pace. I couldn't even get 1 set in. That's ok ...only spent 1/2 hr and my muscles feel like I've done more. Now my challenge will be to do a full set at the weights I left with before my slow motion method. I wanted to get on the treadmill for 15 mins to warm up a little but I was running late. Doing just a little is better than nothing at all. We'll see if I am sore tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #1406
Major LCF Poster!

Not going to the RH gathering-son in law decided to have an impromptu 30th b/d party for my daugher so we are babysitting while they go to dinner and making apps for the surprise people who are coming over later. I am very disappointed about the RHS thing-we look forward to this gathering at one of the member's lake house every year, where the traditional skinny dipping takes place..

I am having a carb fest tonight, and up until the egg twist roll I just had, enjoyed every morsel. Now I feel logy and full of carbs. Bread is my downfall. Oh, well.

The losses show that I've basically lost and gained the same 9 pounds since January. What is a 2 pound loss since a week ago, is a.8 loss for 2 weeks ago. In other words, it's all the same loss, just showing up and down and up and down.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #1407
Senior LCF Member

I've been working late and just trying to stay on track with the low acid diet. Following the one on the IC website just hasn't worked. I'm having to cut out foods and add them in one by one to see which one is the culprit. Unfortunately, the vitamins and antioxidants will have to be stopped for a while until my symptoms subside. Next week I go for the sonogram and the following week the very fun test where water is pumped into my bladder so they can get a better look at the damage.

So, I've been walking - but no exercise at the gym or with the DVD for a bit.

Sorry about the Red Hat event - that's got to be disappointing.

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #1408
Major LCF Poster!

Working on all my hors d' this morning. Husband says the kitchen looks like a train wreck. I am lucky in that he cleans up after me-I am, in fact, a very messy cook-a good one though...

We have a Smoky Bones nearby but never went there. Good? I love ribs.

Linda, sounds like the slow weights is a good thing.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #1409
Major LCF Poster!

Why is this??? Sometimes I can see people's avatars and sometimes I can't-this being one of those times. Any ideas?
Old 09-19-2009, 07:35 AM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Why is this??? Sometimes I can see people's avatars and sometimes I can't-this being one of those times. Any ideas?
That happened before, I remember. It comes back. Maybe re-boot your computer because it's taken up more memory than what it has left. Other than that, I dunno.

I wish my husband cleaned up kitchen mess. He sits on the lazy boy watching TV with his hands over his ears to block out the noise I make!

Finishing wash, gotta head to grocery store then mop my white tile kitchen floors - ughh. I always wanted a cleaning lady but DH always refused. I like a clean house but hate being the one to get it that way.