Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Hi Donna and Linda,

Oh my! A key lime martini sounds very interesting! There's too many naughty, wonderful things to eat now days! I feel very blessed that I have the money to eat right.

I'm just starting to feel like I'm breaking free from the habits that kept me from staying at a healthy weight. For me, there was an emotional component. Eating what I wanted represented a lot of things. In order to break the habits, I had to examine why I was doing what I was doing and get a handle on it. Fortunately, now was the right time.

As far as the exercise part. I like the idea of exercising, going to the gym, having the body that goes with going to the gym. I like my gym shoes and finding workout gear on sale... But oh the reality is that working out is work. Sure, there's payoffs, but it's work. When the endorphins kick in - that's awesome. But for the most part, my goal is to just get it over with.

It makes it so much easier to get through a session when you can listen to something you like. I like getting to the gym when Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are on. Of course, you can't yell out the answers at the gym like you do at home. One of these days I will slip and embarrass myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 05:29 AM   #1142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Besides the quasi lunch, I had a bowling banquet to go to last night. I wasn't particularly hungry for anything special (like I usually am) but I picked out Butterfly Shrimp (not the best choice). Don't know what I was thinking but there were people from around the table talking to me and asking me questions as I was trying to read the menu so I think I made a snap decision. The rest of the dinner was:

Garlic Mashed Potatoes (small portion and I ate half) - again not tasty. Now I'm thinking that my taste buds turned off of potatoes. 2nd restaurant today and I don't taste anything.

Large Salad

I had 4 of the 8 butterfly shrimp and took the rest home to JenE and she enjoyed them.

Scale shows up 2 lbs. No worries. I know it's water and toilet weight :blush: because I didn't eat 7000 calories more. Plus I had a Manhattan at dinner and didn't drink my water quota. So, I'm hitting the gym for just cardio either this morning or after work.

Well, back to work today. That 72 yr old lady must have decided I'm fun to hang out with. I did her last session of healing last week and she stayed all afternoon and is comiing today to show me her rough draft of books she's wrote. I think she wants me to edit them. She didn't say but my intuitive senses tells me that. I was asked 5 yrs ago to edit a Metaphysical book for a girl I talked to online in California. She didn't complete the book yet. I do read alot, I wonder if that's my next career? I always find typos in every book I read, ironically. Next week the lady wants another session. Her swollen knee went down and she thinks I'm on to something. That's nice - so glad to help.

Last night the bowling banquet was with Christian church league bowlers and their wives (my husband bowls - I do not - lousy bowler) and they were all promising to come to the store. In fact, the Pastor and his wife were at my store last summer. She had bought some beaded jewelry from me and I fixed her beaded necklace and I believe my boss did a heailng on her. I would like to see them all.

Every year 2 French Canadian Nuns come to our store and I give them a healing session. I'll never forget the 1st time, they were so anxious to disrope, I had to tell them - that's enough!

I'll check back with you guys, later. Going to try to eat clean today. Maybe eggs for lunch - something quick and easy.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #1143
Senior LCF Member

Linda,

I love the nun story! That's funny. You have so many talents and interests. I really haven't found my niche at anything. Did I tell you my huband is a magazine editor? Sounds like you're moving into the biz!

I think our taste buds and our tastes do change. Now that I'm eating fruit and grains, beef is losing it's appeal. OK - BBQ Beef Ribs will NEVER lose their appeal, and petite sirloin will ALWAYS be lovely!

I'm still on antibiotics - and they're making me nauseated - so I'm breaking the "eat enough" rule. I've been way under calories the last few days.

The hotel we were going to stay at for my birthday is completely booked for the night, so I'm trying to decide what to do for the BIG 50. It should be something cool... right?

C'mon girls! Ideas? (Before you suggest it - I won't go skydiving - not even indoor skydiving.)
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Donna,

My friend at work is in the same spot. She's going to simply keep the carbs low for a while until her body has time to balance out and then go back on strict induction. I've heard that your body just figures out whatever diet we're on and compensates.

I don't think it's worth it to feel deprived and frustrated. After all - we're going after health first and the weight should follow. And losing weight means losing privileges to eat things we want - let's face it - it can suck! But then when there's no results - where's the payoff?

Everyone is unique, and our body's metabolism is based on an orchestra of hormones and elements - a cacophony - when out of balance. My 2 cents - we all need to find out what our orchestra sounds like - and then fine tune from there.

Atkins was awesome at getting me started and almost to the finish line. And I brought my cholestral total down by 50 points - lowering my triglyceride to an excellent level and increasing my good cholestral as well. But then - I was stuck bouncing up and down between the same three pound range for 3 months. I have no doubt that I'd be doing the same if I continued on that WOE.

Take care. We're here!

Annette

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I wasn't away because I was off, I've certainly reported that before; I am just feeling so down about not being able to lose that I just didn't feel like it. I feel deprived and like I will never get to where I want to be. I am being OP today, but I know I will have wine tonight with dinner....I know what I need to do-I just don't knoe if I want to...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:31 AM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I think what I do wrong is, I stay on strict induction-even to very low carbs-and since I am not exercising, lose little or nothing, even though I think I should lose something.... And, I'm hungry! (yes, I know I need to get to the Dr...)Then, because of some personal stuff going on, I drink too much, which I have been doing the past few days, and that brings the carbs and cals up.

I'm feeling fat and ugly. I'm hoping to get through this week and weekend with no more booze and start some kind of ex. next week. I should stop into the local Healthtrax and see what they have-Ricardolowcarbo goes there and says it's great-but I know how much I hated schlepping to Curves after work, changing, etc. which is why I have the DVDs at home. I don't think they're that good though-I buy cheap ones!!

I'm just rambling, and have to finish getting ready for work. Thanks for the helpful words, Annette. Have a good day. I'll check in later.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:06 AM   #1146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Girls,

Annette: I believe you mentioned in the very beginning that your DH interviewed someone metaphysical - cool. I think that being an editor for my retirement profession would be a nice fit. I have always been an avid reader. I taught myself how to read and write before I was 5 yrs old. My mom thought I just was "pretending" to read to impress them, until I read the words (from a comic book) and started writing. My 1st grade teacher told my parents she has never came across anyone in her years of teaching that could write letters and words as well as me. But I don't even know how I would go about being an editor professionally - any ideas?

When exactly is your birthday, Annette? I would suggest a cruise to the Mexican Riviera and go parasailing. DH and I did that when my daughter was too young to travel. We went on the Love Boat.

I am on another antibiotic myself - my 3rd run since April when I got bronchitis. What antibiotic are you on? The bronchitis went away but the sinus infection stayed. Now I'm on Augmentin. No after effects either way. I am going to take Silver Collidal water daily to kill the parasites and I believe I have Candida overload. I developed a yeast infection from this last batch of antibiotics. Then I'll have to take Caprilylic acid tablets to kill the yeast. I am eating pro-biotic yogurt to get the good bacteria in me. The allergy season here in PA has been real bad this season and everyone is complaining. But the summer months, I'm usually feeling the best and this year, I"m not. I dread the fall and winter months and how I'm going to feel then.

Donna, I agree with what Annette said. We hate to see you frustrated and want to see the ole Donna back. I get the feeling you are resistant to change. Why not try a small change and see what results you see? Baby steps. Results are the best motivator to change. Who knows? It could be a simple thing that we are all missing? Maybe, think of a single food that you eat the most of....and eliminate that for a week or two. Perhaps cheese is the problem or eggs or beef. Cutting out 1 food for a week or two isn't that drastic and you never know. People have food sensitivites and that could be the "staller" for you.

My weight doesn't seem like it wants to go below 141 for the past 3 months either. Atkins did work for me as well to get the intitial 9 lbs off but then it stopped. I"m not sure if doing more exercise is the answer or if I should be upping or lowering my calories or eliminating a food I eat most of. We are our own alchemists in figuring out what our body requires to lose fat.

Yesterday morning, I went to gym and just did 1/2 hr of treadmill and watched Rachel Ray. After work, I did the full body workout and tried more machines and more weights on the legs. I came home so tired that I went to bed at 9:30! Usually it's 12:30. And slept till 8:00. Another thing I read is that if we don't get at least 7 hrs of sleep, our bodies do not burn fat effectively. Many obese people have sleep apnea - and it's like a vicious cycle...they can't sleep well because their weight is affecting their breathing. My boss gets up 2-3 times a night and lots of afternoons, he falls asleep at his desk. Just a thought Donna, because you mentioned that you don't sleep well. Maybe some Kava Kava (a natural herb) that acts like a sleeping pill without the after effects. You can get it at most vitamin shops.

Will check in later. Have a great day!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

I'm actually a very flexible person. Well, the food I eat the most of is chicken. Right now it would be impossible to give that up since I have a house full of it, but it's an idea....what else could I have for lunch that is easy and GOOD and FILLING?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #1148
Senior LCF Member

Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Hello everyone.. I have a lot in common with many of you here.

I'm 5'8, 47 years old. I weigh 165, down from 168 when I started Induction 6 days ago. I too did Atkins back about 8 years ago, lost 40 lbs and kept it off for over 4 years. We moved to Belize and I changed the way I eat.. I've gained 20 lbs so working on that... I would like to get down to 140 lbs but feel very comfortable at 145.

My problem is that I'm not eating enough... my calories per day avg. around 1000 - 1100 which is way too low. I'm getting my 20 grams of carbs but not enough come from veggies. I'm not getting enough fiber either so I'm working on increasing fiber, increasing amount of veggies and hopefully raising my calorie intake as I do this. It's just hard to do.. I have limited choices here. I eat only whole foods.. no LC products and I drink between 64 and 96 fl. oz of water each day. I'm a firm believer in the Atkins WOE and plan to do this for life.. I should never have changed the way I was eating in the first place.
dbglasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, DB!!!
Would that my cals were low like yours!
Can you give us a sample menu?
The usual answer is "add more fat"
Old 07-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #1150
Senior LCF Member

Hi and welcome!

I thought the minimum cals were in the 1200 to 1400 range? What kinds of food can you get? Is it beautiful where you are?

Annette

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbglasgow View Post
Hello everyone.. I have a lot in common with many of you here.

I'm 5'8, 47 years old. I weigh 165, down from 168 when I started Induction 6 days ago. I too did Atkins back about 8 years ago, lost 40 lbs and kept it off for over 4 years. We moved to Belize and I changed the way I eat.. I've gained 20 lbs so working on that... I would like to get down to 140 lbs but feel very comfortable at 145.

My problem is that I'm not eating enough... my calories per day avg. around 1000 - 1100 which is way too low. I'm getting my 20 grams of carbs but not enough come from veggies. I'm not getting enough fiber either so I'm working on increasing fiber, increasing amount of veggies and hopefully raising my calorie intake as I do this. It's just hard to do.. I have limited choices here. I eat only whole foods.. no LC products and I drink between 64 and 96 fl. oz of water each day. I'm a firm believer in the Atkins WOE and plan to do this for life.. I should never have changed the way I was eating in the first place.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #1151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome DB

Yeah, calories that are too low can slow your metabolism big time. The body will store fat thinking it is starving.

I would add more protein and fat. I found that smaller meals every 3-4 hrs all day long until 9:00 pm seem to work for me. So...like a lc snack could be cold homemade roast beef and cheese. Donna - there's an idea for you too at lunch and add fresh mozzarella balls in olive oil and basil - that would be filling since you don't like salad.

I am going to have to slow down on the bread carbs. Breakfast was homemade white bread w/peanut butter and 1/4 cup cottage cheese, lunch: small cheesesteak sandwich and 1/2 small order of fresh cut fries (yeek!) and dinner was a portabella/spinach/brusseta on a Ciabatti roll (had dinner w/GF at restaurant called "Ciabatti". They do sell salads too but I wanted to try the bread :blush: The funny part about it...I'm not in heaven eating the bread or potato like I used to be. Eating low carb does come easy for me but not sure if it's the best for me all the time.

DB: Just in case you're wondering why Annette and I are on this thread at all for Atkins, she and I started on Atkins and now we're trying organic - balanced woe with exercise. Atkins did help me lose 9 lbs but my blood tests after a month on Atkins didn't look too good plus I was stalled. So, I'm changing things up to see if my stall will break.

I think for the next couple of days, I'm going to go low carb and exercise. I have a feeling my water weight is up due to the bread. No change on scale but feeling like it's a matter of time.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #1152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
Quote:
I haven't weighed myself, but I am sure I am up 5 pounds-I feel fat! Trying to stick to it today, but I am feeling like I just want to give up -I lose so slowly to begin with, and then any little thing puts the weight on..

I've been reading your posts and I can really relate. I've been trying to lose for like 6 months and it's so difficult for me to lose 1 pound and sooo easy for me to gain about 3 pounds. I lose so slowly and gain so easily. Tomorrow I plan on starting induction again. But this whole process has been very depressing.
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Good news! There was room at the hotel after all. It's right by our house, has a wonderful view of the mountains and LV Strip. We're going to keep it simple and fun. We'll do a little gambling too! (2 weeks to the BIG 50!)

I eat carbs, but keep the ratio in balance with the protein and fat. I think wheat or gluten are triggers weight gain - so I've been sticking to sprouted grain tortillas or bread.

We'll see what my taste buds are like when I am over this bug and back in the swing of things.

Linda - that was Dannion Brinkley my husband interviewed.

Take care,
Annette
Old 07-16-2009, 05:35 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

Mamba, glad you're here.
I certainly don't have an answer but I guess the first place to look is, what you actually eat. Do you do ******? When I look at my averages, the answer is pretty much there. Cals too high, and although day to day, my carbs are very low, when I go off I GO OFF! I'm a very disciplined person and just have to get back into it. Maybe we can journey together...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

WHERE IS EVERYBODY???
Old 07-17-2009, 05:33 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Yoo Hoo!!!

Well, I've lost 1.4 of the FIVE POUNDS I gained in the past month-that's since when I weighed Monday...cals were in the 1600 range yest.and carbs around 17 I think. For the week it's been 1900 and 5%. Still trying to figure out how to keep both the cals and the hunger down. Protein+fat=calories... I am never hungry after dinner. I average around 8 oz protein and a bit of carb, sometimes none. Odd...

Last edited by Scotty; 07-17-2009 at 05:36 AM..
Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

sorry, double post

Last edited by Scotty; 07-17-2009 at 05:37 AM..
Old 07-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #1158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yoo Hoo!!!

Well, I've lost 1.4 of the FIVE POUNDS I gained in the past month-that's since when I weighed Monday...cals were in the 1600 range yest.and carbs around 17 I think. For the week it's been 1900 and 5%. Still trying to figure out how to keep both the cals and the hunger down. Protein+fat=calories... I am never hungry after dinner. I average around 8 oz protein and a bit of carb, sometimes none. Odd...
Congrats on the loss!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Ending the day at
1271 cals
57% fat
3% carbs
29% protein
I felt hungry most of the day. Tried making the tuna muffins for bkfst this week to change off from the fritatta-mistake-not enough food, so We-Fri added a hard boiled egg, and a mozzarella stick in the pm.Also had a second cuppa decaf in the aft which seemed to help the hungries too. Tasted good, too.

Had 6.1 oz salmon with a baby greens and spinach salad. Had a bit of sour cream/dill to dip the salmon in . Good.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #1160
Senior LCF Member

Have you journaled your food for a week or two. I found it helpful to get an idea of which foods kept me full, which lowered my blood sugar and made me hungry an hour later, and which seem to be contributing to weight gain. I need to journal again. I'm wondering if food allergies throw off our metabolisms too?

Congrats on the 1.4!

Annette

Quote:
Yoo Hoo!!!

Old 07-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Down another .5
Annette-I have been obsessively journalling my food for 9 years. Three on WW and the rest on LC.

I don't know what, if anything has lowered my blood sugar; how do you tell that without a blood test.

Protein keeps me full, but not as full as a nice sandwich...
Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

I've just been journaling how I feel after eating; did I get full? could I wait until the next meal before feeling hungry... As for the sugar crash - I was a sugar hound. So I know what it's like to feel UP and then an hour later go DOWN (cranky, brain fog, desperate for more sugar).

It's not very scientific, but it's helpful for me. I also suspect I have food allergies - so that's another reason.

I take at least one Fat Burner pill a day. It's just Green and White Tea and Willow Bark (which is similar to aspirin) and a little caffeine. Sometimes I add a real aspirin. It's a natural way to motivate the body to burn fat. I think it's also called guarana -or something like that.

Congrats on the .5!

Quote:
Down another .5
Annette-I have been obsessively journalling my food for 9 years. Three on WW and the rest on LC.

I don't know what, if anything has lowered my blood sugar; how do you tell that without a blood test.

Protein keeps me full, but not as full as a nice sandwich...
Old 07-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, where are you??

I didn't get much chance to eat today, so ate "funny". Had some chix breast and cheese rolled up in a lettuce leaft for bkfst, pizza topping for lunch-as in, pepperoni and some cheese-that's what my daughter had for a 'standing up' lunch as we watched Maxwell, then some more chix breast when I got home.

Dinner was a small salad and 13.3oz of ribeye, which came to 10.1 oz of meat that I ate, and I enjoyed every mouthful! My stomach is full but my mouth could eat more-does that make any sense?? Now you have some idea of my appetite...

cals 1213
fat 49%
carbs 3%
protein 46%

With those cals I may have a little something before bed. I still like my cream cheese "mousse", even though it isn't for induction. Heck, I've been on induction 7 months. I'm over it...

eta-I just gave my steak an extra 100 cals, as I ate some of the fat, and ****** says "trimmed to 0" fat". Just trying to be honest with myself-still only at 1324

Last edited by Scotty; 07-18-2009 at 05:20 PM..
Old 07-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

AARRGH! I forgot what I made my pan sauce with-broth, cream and butter, which brings my stats to:
cals 1668
fat 57%
carbs 2%
protein 40

Guess I won't be having that something extra, after all. I just can't seem to keep the cals down. But the sauce was very nice...
Old 07-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Nobody's around today...

Quiet day at home-cooked my bkfst/lunches for the week and browned a huge pork shoulder roast that I had rubbed with herbs, etc. DH will put it in the oven tomorrow to slow roast and I will have it to eat all week-almost 6 pounds, but since it is fatty it will shrink, but oh the flavor! I've done this in the crockpot but it exudes so much juice, I just think it tastes better in the oven.

I plan to end the day at around 1400. No booze again...
Old 07-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was Linda's spa day. Got tanning and went to gym for 2 hrs. It was a good workout - more stamina. Felt like doing Jillian's workout afterwards but it was time to eat. I put a pork loin in crock pot at noon and it was done by 6:00 when I was ready to eat.

I ate so badly last week - alot of junk food and carbs. Feeling the water weight and my upper thighs are still flabby - ughhh. I'm going to do Jillians leg section and doing a few lunges with my hand weights and use my ankle weights for side sissors. I'm not sure if I should go low carb next week to get rid of the water weight. That's what's good about Atkins - to lose the water. As long as I don't go too extreme to lose the muscle as well.

Annette: My husband has a slew of food sensitivities. He got tested a couple of times. Wheat is a #1 baddie. That's why I made him baked goods with oat flour. You may want to try Gluten Free bread for starters (rice flour). They have it now readily in grocery stores. It was once only found in health food stores. Seems like I hear more and more people sensitive to gluten.

I tried some Kashi tonight with my pork. Kashi is pure 100% buckwheat. I didn't care for it. Oh well, gotta try things at least once.

I ordered the Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels. It would be interesting to do her 30 day plan but she says you cannot cheat and alcohol is out. But it is geared to lose those last 10-15 lbs. It has an eating plan and exercise plan as well.

Well, Monday is around the corner...going to watch Warehouse 13 w/DH. Byeee.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

One of my co-workers slow cooks rubbed pork roast. He cooks it overnight (or longer) super slow. I love it when he brings it in for our potlucks. It's so tender.

I get a small package of Nimans Ranch pork and break it up into daily portions for work.

Annette

Quote:
Nobody's around today...

Quiet day at home-cooked my bkfst/lunches for the week and browned a huge pork shoulder roast that I had rubbed with herbs, etc. DH will put it in the oven tomorrow to slow roast and I will have it to eat all week-almost 6 pounds, but since it is fatty it will shrink, but oh the flavor! I've done this in the crockpot but it exudes so much juice, I just think it tastes better in the oven.

I plan to end the day at around 1400. No booze again...
Old 07-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #1168
Senior LCF Member

I can certainly vouch for Jillian's workout and eating advice. I met my goal weight this week. The next goal is 1 inch off the waist and . 5 inch off the thighs. It's possible I will lose a little more. Drats! I didn't think I'd have flab at this weight.

After my surgery I'm going to do the 30 Day Cut thing. I haven't read all of the book - but man does it sound intense!!!!

I haven't worked out for over a week (since I came down with the bug and then infection). I finished my antibiotics today and will get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

I wish I could cook like you two. You're always making something yummy. I just don't have the knack. Well, I can quick boil vegetables in the microwave! My husband does all the cooking.

Last edited by AMonkey; 07-19-2009 at 10:07 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 AM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Riddle me this, people...

After yet another good day of 1435 cals, 65% fat, 3% carbs and 32% protein, I am UP .6 a pound!! And I was so hoping for a baby whoosh...

So, now I have been strict 72 Atkins for almost a week, and have lost, net, about a pound and a half. And remember, I had GAINED 5! I had a cup of cauliflower last night, though. Ooooooh...that must be it!

I have been doing this for almost 7 months.Net loss since 1/2/09-6 pounds

Annette-congratulations on reaching your goal. You must look great!

What's the 30 day cut? MAybe I can cut off about 20 pounds of flesh...
Old 07-20-2009, 05:46 AM   #1170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette!!! Congrats on your weight goal! YOU DID IT!!!

Now share what differences in eating you've been doing to account for it.

For me, I gained 3 lbs since last week. My weight is 144.

Granted, I ate junk food so why should I be surprised? I did work out hard too, though. This is starting to remind me of the South Beach Diet when I gained 6 lbs in a week and had to go in 1972 Induction to get it off. Of course the South Beach people said that initial weight gain was normal in the beginning but at what point do you say it's because it's the carbs?

So..I'm not sure if the gain is because of eating deep fried food, refined flour or if it's just carbs in general. I won't know unless I eat clean with lean meat, whole grains, fruit and veggies and low fat and exercise.