Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Hey, Barnes and Noble is having a huge sale (both online and instore). There's lots of fitness books that look interesting.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #1052
Senior LCF Member

OK, I jumped ship and went to Calorie Count to keep track of my food and activity. It is SO much easier and has interesting articles too.

The next book I'm getting is the Beck Diet. I guess it has some really nice tips and info.

Today is the first day I actually did my 30 Day Shred DVD and made it to the gym. What a difference! I did the elliptical backwards on a few of the segments. It definitely was much harder for me than going forward.

Do you two have El Pollo Loco fast food there? They have grilled chicken and it's darn yummy and pretty good for you. I used to like the grilled chicken salads, but they added corn and switched from mostly romain to iceburg - so that's a disappointment.

I'm going to look for some Jane Fonda leg lift examples. I can't remember all the leg moves - seems like forever since I did that. I tried Callanetics in the 80's and that was very hard!!! I see on the boards that it is still pretty popular.

Pilates: Jane Fonda Series: Intermediate Pilates Exercises | eHow.com

Last edited by AMonkey; 06-27-2009 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Added link
Old 06-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna: Where are you today?

Annette: You are sounding like me - reading all these diet books and trying to get a feel for what will work for us.

I haven't been writing much this weekend - reading that 600 page BFFM. The ratios must be decided by you, calories must be decided by you. Kinda makes it hard to plan it out.

The ratios could be: 50 (carbs) 30 (protein) 20 (fats) or 40-40-20 or 50-30-20 or any combination thereof but you have to decided what calories you are aiming for. To know that you have to know what is the calorie requirement for you I don't know!!!

I checked on different websites and do the calculations for minimum daily calorie requrement and they are all different!

Once I know this, I take 15-20% away from that and that'll be my daily goal caloric count. Then, I decide on the ratio I want - not less than 30% carbs though. Then, divide by 5 (meals). I must have a lean protein and a starch at least for 3 meals. Fiber carb (veggie) for meals 3,4,5 approx depending on the ratio you decide. This is not going to be easy to organize.

I can tell you that I'm having a problem already getting my fats down to 20% (that is a set amount) and also the calories are too low. From today's food, I am high on fat.

This is what I ate:

Meal 1: 1/2 cup dry measure of Quaker Oat Meal, 1 T Fat Free half/half, 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries, 2 turkey sausages -pre cooked Jimmy Dean and 1 slice of deli turkey meat.
Meal 2: Spinach, mixed greens salad with deli ham, tomatoes - italian dressing
Meal 3: 4 oz roasted chicken breast - no skin, 1/2 sweet potato, asparagus and brocolli - w/Smart Balance light.
Meal 4: 1 cup strawberries raw no sugar and 1 oz of mixed nuts.

I missed 1 meal (got up late) and I ate the Meal 4 just now and it should have been 3 hrs before bed and I'm getting close to bedtime now.

****** fig:

Calories: 1108
Fat: 49 g
Carb: 95g
Prot: 83 g

Carb: 32%, Prot: 29%, Fat: 39%

The moderate carb version would be: 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fat.

As you can see I was under in the carbs, under in the protein and over in the fat. So my ratio was way off.

Annette, have you started converting to any ratios of Jillians?

To add to the complication, he wants you to eat big in the morning, moderate for lunch and light at supper and later. That's the opposite of what I do! I will have my hands full changing my habits.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 06-28-2009 at 08:17 PM..
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and I got TOM last night before my bowling event - up to 142, but my fat is down to 30% and Water is up to: 50% - no surprise. Was planning on going to gym but that would be unwise as I was dead tired today w/pain.

I shouldn't even weight myself all week.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Girls, Another week to start on our weight loss journey!

I measured myself this morning: Bicep - up 1/2" and calves: down 1/2". It kinda makes sense since I'm weight lifting now and the most noticeable improvement is in my calves right now. Everything else is the same.

Weight today is down to 141. Body fat: 34%, Hydration: 47%. Yesterday fat was 30 and hydration was 50%. How can your water and fat change so quickly in a day? I asked the trainer this when we measured this on Day 1 and 3 days later and he didn't know.

I'm going to gym this morning to do 1/2 hr of treadmill. From not exercising since last Wed, I feel like a slouch. Maybe tonight after work I go back again.

If any of you guys know how I can get an accurate Caloric Amount, let me know. I can't even begin my program on the right foot without knowing this.

Thanks in advance.

Will check in later.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 AM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
My head just spins trying to figure out all the calcs you have to do on this program!! And all the reading! TOO MUCH WORK! I'm not sure what you mean about accurate caloric amount-you mean how many you should have to maintain/lose??

Evidently I can only lose on 0 cals, 0 carbs/day.

I tried to ****** my Friday stats from the wedding and I come out with about 2700 cals and 155 carbs. Only a guesstimate of course, but that's not awful. Sat I did the fat fast with only about 1000 cals, also Sunday with about 1200. So Since Thu I went from 158.9 to 159.2. I know i am not exercising, but the woe should at least be working. I am eating virtually no carbs and keeping cals as low as I can. I thought I should lose maybe a pound after those two low days, but no....I just can't seem to get it right. So in 7 months I have had a net weight loss of less than 5 pounds....

Annette-what is the website for calorie count?

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, that's what I mean. Calorie requirement for maintaining weight.

Donna: With your outings, your carbs are more than 20g a day.

In this ebook, he says that if you can't consistently stay at the low carb level requirement (and most people can't) - you are actually slowing down your metabolism. That's why some people cannot lose on low carb. Even at a point of staying low carb, your metabolism slows down and you reach a plateau. The weight trainers do low carb (but not less than 30% of calories) for 4-6 weeks before their show) - as soon as their show is over, they go back to moderate to high carbs. They know there is risk of continuing low carb will burn muscle which is the opposite of what they want to do. They do low carb just to burn the fat temporarily and chisel their muscles. Long term it does the opposite.

Interestingly, he said that the best way to get your metabolism in high gear is to do lower carbs (30% of calories your aiming for) for 3 days, then CARB UP for 1 day. Also, to eat the carbs for breakfast, mid morning, lunch and then by mid afternoon and supper - just eat protein and veggies. He, himself is carb sensitive but he never goes under 30% of calories per day.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!

Well, that may be possible. I've been on low carb since 2003. My average carbs are way below 100, probably around 30, which is considered low carb at a level to lose, is it not? So that's why I am wondering about all the gains and extremely small losses -ounces a day-when I am following to the letter.

In the last two months my average carbs have been above 20, but never above 53. Maybe I'm kidding my self...

At this point I don't think I know where to go with my eating. I don't seem to be able to stick to induction levels when I am "socializing" as you say, but as a daily thing stay super low.

I am resisting exercising, and I 'm not sure why. I'm just so tired when I get home, and get very little sleep. When I was ex. every day I didn't sleep any better, but I also wasn't working a stress filled job. These are not excuses, but they *are* reasons.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 AM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

Just my humble opinion....

Perhaps you're tired because of lack of carbs and a balanced diet. If you go "healthy", you may have the energy to exercise. Exercise for heath 1st - then weight loss comes with the package.

I think you need a break from this low carb thing. After 6 yrs of low carbing - it isn't giving you what you want.

Try eating whole grains (oatmeal, whole grain bread), fruit, lots of veggies and lower your oz. of meat to about 4-5 oz, and eat smaller portions but add snacks.

Iantic - the buff lady body builder whose my age w/4 kids on the BFFM message board gave me a link to her trainers website. He says that your maintenace caloric weight is :
14x your body weight. In my case, it would be 1974. To create a small calorie deficit - take 12x your body weight. That would be 1692 for me. My average calories have been lower than that! By not eating enough calories, I have slowed down my metabolism. Now I know what to shoot for.

Iantic and her trainer says not to bother with the ratios and all that math. Just eat "heatlhy" and exercise.

Per ebook, adjust if you're carb sensitive but not to the lows that Atkins has you doing. If your not able to get into ketosis and stay in ketosis, then you are not burning fat - you are losing muscle, strength and in a nutritional deficit - not healthy.

Low carbs are more for people that have a severe insulin problem which I don't think you have. But if you up your carbs, you have to lower your fat. Carbs and high fat = fat gain. Period. Real low carbs 0-20 - you have to up your fat but that is not feasible in your case.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

The thing is, it is a way of eating that I like. I've always been a protein eater, and not a carb eater-love veggies, and can do without sweets. I love bread, enjoy potatoes, and love summer corn, but don't care about cereal, rice, pasta.

To be honest I am afraid to up the carbs. I could certainly up the veggie carbs, and I do struggle keeping the fat up.

Snacks?

But this is also confusing. My carbs are up...but not "good" carbs, I guess, because they are up because of the days I am "off". And my cals have averaged around 1600-remember when it was suggested that i lower the cals????

ARRGGHH! I'm so confused!!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
The thing is, it is a way of eating that I like. I've always been a protein eater, and not a carb eater-love veggies, and can do without sweets. I love bread, enjoy potatoes, and love summer corn, but don't care about cereal, rice, pasta.

To be honest I am afraid to up the carbs. I could certainly up the veggie carbs, and I do struggle keeping the fat up.

Snacks?

But this is also confusing. My carbs are up...but not "good" carbs, I guess, because they are up because of the days I am "off". And my cals have averaged around 1600-remember when it was suggested that i lower the cals????

ARRGGHH! I'm so confused!!
Potatoes (white, red and sweet potatoes), whole grain bread and corn are what is recommended as a starchy carb among other starchy veggies like beets. You always eat carbs with protein.

If you go over 20 g carbs - even good carbs - and high fat (saturated) will make people gain fat. If you don't exercise - it's a given.

If you don't exercise, your calories must be lowered way below your maintenace level of caloric intake. Calories in - calories out.

See, something has to GIVE to lose weight unless you have a turbo metabolism system - which is a smal percentage of the population.

Snacks mean to eat every 3 hrs - a small portion - like 4 oz of protein, 1/2 cup of carbs.

Water can rev up the metabolism more than most people think. At least 64 oz a day.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Potatoes (white, red and sweet potatoes), whole grain bread and corn are what is recommended as a starchy carb among other starchy veggies like beets. You always eat carbs with protein.
But this isn't Atkins, right??? With all those starchy veg??And aren't we supposed to up the carbs on OWL, without necessarily lowering fat, although my fat intake isn't that high (of course, today I have ribs planned....)

to me, your "snack" looks like a meal..
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
But this isn't Atkins, right??? With all those starchy veg??And aren't we supposed to up the carbs on OWL, without necessarily lowering fat, although my fat intake isn't that high (of course, today I have ribs planned....)

to me, your "snack" looks like a meal..
No, I'm not talking about Atkins - I'm referring to the e-book BFFM.

Below I wrote that you may want to give Atkins a rest and get your metabolism back on track. Get the nutrients from food that are missing from Atkins, adding carbs and getting your energy back so you feel like exercising. Iantic just wrote me and said that since I've been doing Atkins and low carbing for 4 months, I may want to re-set by doing maintenance calories - eating carbs, proteins and good fats before creating a calorie deficit.

BFFM says that if you don't see progress from 1 week to the next, it's time to do something different. For 6 yrs of doing the same WOE, your metabolism isn't responding.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #1064
Major LCF Poster!

omg,I'd be scared to death!! Not losing on this and ADDING POTATOES???
Old 06-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #1065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remember, losing weight is a trade off. For potatoes, you would be doing low fat and exercising. Either high fat or higher carbs - not both.

The idea is to re-set your metabolism because it's use to what you've been doing for 6 years. Just like with exercise, if you do the same thing - the muscles don't respond. They just say "same ole, same ole". I think you have to change it up. What I said about lower carbs 3 days and 1 higher carb day. It's fooling your body so that it doesn't stop burning the fat. Tom says it better...when I get home, I read it again. But I guess you're pretty set in Atkins so I proabably should keep my mouth shut or my fingers frozen.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #1066
Major LCF Poster!

No, I appreciate the input, it's just that I am so set in my ways, I am not sure I could make the change-not unwilling, just scared. Just the change in the pantry/fridge would be major, and I wouldn't want to do anything without reading the book/whatever.

I just think that even though I think I am so diligent with it, the AVERAGES don't come out...

potatoes=low fat and exercising =NO POTATOES!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=AMonkey;12157378]OK, I jumped ship and went to Calorie Count to keep track of my food and activity. It is SO much easier and has interesting articles too.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I checked it out - you have to pay for that - ughhh. I'm not a cheapo but at some point I have to draw the line. I spend alot of money in other ways

I'll read up on the Beck Diet reviews on Amazon. I still have 500 pages to read on BFFM and ordered fun summer books and got 3 today.

Ecliptical b a c k w a r d s ???
Never tried it backwards, I would probably be doing 1.5 mins as opposed to 3 mins.

Nope, no El Pollo Loco - just a Taco Bell. I avoided it before - it screamed CARBS! I guess I don't have to worry about it now - just the portion sizes so I don't hit 2000 on 1 Value Meal!

I remember when Jane Fonda excercises on VHS was popular and it lasted and I heard she was gooood. Not that I even had to go there back then. I was in my 30's at the time. I had poofy hair and a flat stomach.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 06-29-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #1068
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

June 27, 2009 Monday assessment of changing WOES

Quote:
No, I appreciate the input, it's just that I am so set in my ways, I am not sure I could make the change-not unwilling, just scared. Just the change in the pantry/fridge would be major, and I wouldn't want to do anything without reading the book/whatever.

I just think that even though I think I am so diligent with it, the AVERAGES don't come out...

potatoes=low fat and exercising =NO POTATOES!
You are usually dilligent until Friday and the weekend or some event comes up. But that's the thing...if you don't exercise, you HAVE to eat PERFECT with no miss ups - especially on Atkins. If you can't get into ketosis and stay there, you're screwed.

You don't have to change anything major in your pantry. You can still have lots of meat. Protein is important no matter what woe you go on. Just have to add some low fat cheese, cottage cheese, Olivio or Smart Balance, Potatoes, Fruit. The veggies stay put - you can add some later. As far as your low carb flour - you can still use it up. I have tons of it and I'll make high protein/low carb pancakes or something sweet. Besides - it's still no refined flour or sugar. So you can keep your Splenda or other artificial sugar.

I am just going to eat healthy - whole grains - no too much, a little starch, a little fruit, low fat, high protein and see how it flies. Now that I am going to the gym, I feel I have some leverage and don't have to extreme diet (I hope )

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 06-29-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!

No Pollo Loco here, although there was one in MD when we lived there but never went.

I AM a cheapo!! I'll stick with ******

Even when I am perfect I can't get into ketosis!! After 2 days of the FF my stik was colorless, although I think they might not be working right-they are a funny color before "use"-kind of a grey instead of white. I've only had them maybe three months or so and as far as I know have kept them dry and dark...

It seems I used to be able to be diligent until something came up, go 'off' and then right back on with maybe a day to get back on track.

I just finished the day with 4.4 oz of 85/15 burger w/ lc ketchup and mayo and a bit of cream with the pan drippings and wine, and a quarter of an avocado.
cals 1170
fat 62%
carbs 3% 10.5 gross
protein 35% 96.5 gms

Let's see if that will carry me through...

Last edited by Scotty; 06-29-2009 at 03:58 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #1070
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No Pollo Loco here, although there was one in MD when we lived there but never went.

I AM a cheapo!! I'll stick with ******

Even when I am perfect I can't get into ketosis!! After 2 days of the FF my stik was colorless, although I think they might not be working right-they are a funny color before "use"-kind of a grey instead of white. I've only had them maybe three months or so and as far as I know have kept them dry and dark...

It seems I used to be able to be diligent until something came up, go 'off' and then right back on with maybe a day to get back on track.

I just finished the day with 4.4 oz of 85/15 burger w/ lc ketchup and mayo and a bit of cream with the pan drippings and wine, and a quarter of an avocado.
cals 1170
fat 62%
carbs 3% 10.5 gross
protein 35% 96.5 gms

Let's see if that will carry me through...
That is not enough calories. I berated myself yesterday for my low calories but I ran out of time. You didn't! If you go too low calories, your body will hold on to your fat for dear life. STARVATION MODE. Eat lean meat tonight cuz your fats are fine and your carbs are fine - your protein is low and your calories are too low. :::my tongue just had a seizure::: awwww geez, just do what you want. :blush:
Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!

I was just going to post that I forgot my "tastes" of the ribs from the slow cooker. I am up to 1421, assuming I had 3 oz-I probably had a bit less...

I thought the protein was about right....

Again, I appreciate the input, but sometimes I think I am a lost cause...

Last edited by Scotty; 06-29-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Old 06-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1072
Senior LCF Member

I don't pay anything for Calorie Count. Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program
I'm alreay going to be paying $4 a week for Jillian (that is, IF I continue passed the free introductory). I do like it, but gosh those little extra expenses add up.

You may want to have some fruit right before you work out, or add a little honey to ice tea and SIP it while you work out to give you energy. Jillian had the same issue and that's the advise her trainer gave her. I tried the advise and it worked. I didn't have any fruit, so I used snapple antioxidant water as my sipping drink.

I've been working on my ratios, but my fat is still too high. And yet sometimes I've found it hard to meet the calorie minimum (1200). I'm still going through the cupboards and fridge and tossing out the bad boys (nitrates, artificial sweetners, things with a zillion ingredients). A big switch will be moving away from the soy milk and going to real milk. Apparently, we already have tons of soy in our food, and - long story, we are incouraged to limit the soy and instead eat the tempe(sp) fermented soy, which your body knows how to handle and uses better. A LOT of what the metabolism book is about is how plastics, fake foods and chemicals are increaing the estrogen levels in our bodies and messing up our endocrine systems. Our bodies just don't know what in the heck to do with food - do I burn this, do I store this as fat... And the theory is that our body stops reacting to real sugar as it starts thinking "sweet" is no problem, no calories, doesn't require any extra work. So that cherry pie we splurged on is treated like a Diet Coke, and ALL those calories go straight to our butts.

This stuff is very interesting - but yes, at times quite overwhelming. Who is right? Who is wrong? What will change tomorrow? There's got to be some elemental truths that we can hang on to.

I was an idiot today. We had a going away lunch and I had some sourdough toast and fried potatoes with my eggs - and bacon of course. It was lots of calories and it didn't even taste very good. Our calorie count is like our bank account, and I wasted my count on crap! Argh!!!!

Anyone have neat plans for July 4?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette,
So, it's for free? Maybe I saw where you can get them to do something like tell you meal plans for a fee or perhaps I was on a different site?

What you're saying is interesting. I'm still waiting for the book to come. I like to take several books and pull out what I think is true and use the information and leave the rest. I don't think anyone or everyone has all the answers but some make sense that nobody has said before and that gives me a "a-ha" moment. It doesn't surprise me about the plastic stuff. We've become a plastic world and it's just over the past decade that it's been a boom. Remember when it was just Tupperware or Rubbermaid and no microwaves?

The artificial sugar makes sense too and that's why more and more reports say that artificial sugar makes you fatter than regular. I wonder how much artificial sugar we consume before our bodies get confused and shuts down? Scary...I haven't used them alot until this February when I started Atkins except for Diet soda for the past 5-6 years. I never drink much liquids and so the soda was less than a few a week and still is.

I am high again on the fats per ******; however, I don't think ****** is an exact science. I don't see how a flat bread could be 12 grams of fat. I bought it after my workout this morning at Dunkin Donuts - that ham on flat bread. I actually wanted the egg white sandwich but I didn't say it right and they're Indian speaking so there's often a communication breakdown. Anywho, that sandwich wasn't on ****** and the flatbread I think is wrong on the grams of fat.

Donna: you are not hopeless - try to keep your mind open to new possibilities and don't feel afraid to change things that aren't working. I agree about staying the course but if my gut instinct tells me something's not right, I re-think what am I doing and ask how can I improve? It's the results that count.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #1074
Senior LCF Member

Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program
Old 06-30-2009, 03:47 AM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!

Up another .7 to 159.9....
In other words, I've gained 4 pounds in two weeks, and I haven't even been having that much fun!

Last edited by Scotty; 06-30-2009 at 04:35 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 AM   #1076
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Thanks Annette, this wasn't the one I was looking at. Must be alot of diet websites with similiar names. I signed up for the above and put it in my toolbar.

Question for you...if you are throwing out artificial sugar and assuming you're not swearing off sweet treats - will you be using regular sugar? Just a thought, my daughter uses RAW sugar (brand name: Sugar in the Raw) because it has a thermogentic effect over refined sugar and has less impact on insulin levels yet it is natural.

Does Jillian talk about raw sugar or what you should use in place of artificial sugar? I know you mentioned honey yesterday but you can't bake with honey. In fact, I read somewhere that honey heated isn't good for you at all. Heat releases a toxin that's in honey. That stunned me when I read it.

What daily calorie number are you going to use? I am thinking to start around 1800. However it seems high but I want to make sure I don't let my body go into starvation mode. It's been hard these last 2 days to even come close to that. Not sure how I can raise calories but not raise fats and carbs at the same time.

Donna: BTW: Tom isn't against low carb diets - short term (ironically, that's what my doctor says). But long term, it is not healthy and is better to go with moderation. He believes that carb senstive people should start out with 40% of total calories and a simple math formula to convert it into grams. So, like 40/40/20 - 40% carbs, 40% protein and 20% fat. Most of the carbs should come from starchy veggies and fiberous veggies - not junk food. The contention is that how many people are obese eating lots of vegetables? As long as you eat plenty of protein, you will burn fat. Vegetarians are obsolete in the body building world except for those that are eating dairy and fish. Without the protein, they can't build muscle - they lose muscle if they exercise.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 06-30-2009 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: addition
Old 06-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #1077
Major LCF Poster!

I'm sticking with ******. My stats go back over a year-they should go back further but I guess the database only goes so far. So I wouldn't have all the info I have here. Also, I just arbitrarily checked "pork chops" on that other one and the info was the same as ******.

Linda, except for booze (which I need for medicinal purposes), I eat in a very healthy way. No frankenfoods, very little art. sweetner or soda. Basically protein and veggies, but since I decided to try VLC, few veggies. I might as well up the carbs to 20ish again-the VLC isn't sweeping any weight off me-THAT'S an understatement!! Stik still colorless.

BUT, in looking at my stats over the last 2 weeks, I guess SOME gain is attributable, but I still think not four pounds, assuming 3500 extra for each pound. What do you think?

cals 1938
fat 54%
carbs 12%
protein 23%
alcohol 12%
Old 06-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #1078
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm sticking with ******. My stats go back over a year-they should go back further but I guess the database only goes so far. So I wouldn't have all the info I have here. Also, I just arbitrarily checked "pork chops" on that other one and the info was the same as ******.

Linda, except for booze (which I need for medicinal purposes), I eat in a very healthy way. No frankenfoods, very little art. sweetner or soda. Basically protein and veggies, but since I decided to try VLC, few veggies. I might as well up the carbs to 20ish again-the VLC isn't sweeping any weight off me-THAT'S an understatement!! Stik still colorless.

BUT, in looking at my stats over the last 2 weeks, I guess SOME gain is attributable, but I still think not four pounds, assuming 3500 extra for each pound. What do you think?

cals 1938
fat 54%
carbs 12%
protein 23%
alcohol 12%
What does ****** say your calories should be for weight loss? I think it's in the reports section and you have to set up your goal weight and the date you want to reach it.

A typical American Diet is 2,000 calories for maintaining weight. If you are just under the maintenance, then perhaps that's the reason why you are not seeing loses. Seems like weight loss for any WOE depends on calories in/calories out.

For Calorie Count, my goal is to reach 135 by 8/31/2009. They are saying that I need to target 1620 calories to reach my goal by 8/31. This accounts for a moderate activity level and providing I go to the gym 3x a week.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Calorie Budget
Goal Actual
Calories Burned: 2,000 2,301
Calories Eaten: 1,598 1,678.4
Calorie Restriction: 402 623

Is this what you mean?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #1080
Major LCF Poster!

Or this? I started 1/2 and my "new" goal is 7/30-I've changed it twice.

Your Calorie Restriction Equation
Weight Loss per Day / Calories per Pound = Calorie Restriction per Day
0.11 3500 402

Your Calorie Restriction Estimate

Time Span: 29 week(s) 6 day(s)
Pounds to Lose: 24
Pounds per Week: 0.8
Pounds per Day: 0.11
Cal. Restriction per Day: 402
This table estimates your daily calorie restriction based on your weight goal. This is an estimate of how many calories you need to cut back each day to acheive your weight goal.

Based on the guideline that a restiction of 3,500 calories results in one pound of weight loss, to acheive your goal of losing 24 pounds in 29 week(s) and 6 day(s) you should restrict your calorie intake by 402 calories per day.