Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #931
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
What did you think of my alcohol free night??? I think that was a first for me. Just didn't want any !!! (also didn't feel like paying for it )
Proud of you girl!

Just made this afternoon:

Indian Chicken Spinach soup
Indian Coconut Chicken
Indian Veal w/turnip,onion in a masala sauce
Zucchini sauteed in onions, walnuts, dill and nutmeg
Faux Califlower Mashed Potatoes
On the stove simmering now Swiss Steak

For supper tonight w/kid and her finacee, hub and I:

Swiss Steak
Mashed potatoes for them, Faux Mashed for me
Local String Beans

Eating lunch now: (4:25 pm) - turkey and havarti cheese roll up and greek salad.

Board game night w/DD, DH, Finacee and me after dinner.

Just got done mopping kitchen floor and still doing laundry. I'm bushed! I may celebrate with a Tequila, Bob's SF Margarita mix. It's summertime right?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have a nice pork butt roast (the fatty one) that I want to rub/marinate and cook slowly. Anyone have a good recipe? I prefer cooking slowly in the oven as there is less lost juice, but since my top oven is dead and the bottom one only broils, looks like the slow cooker today or tomorrow, depending on rub/marinade.
So, how are your going to season your butt?
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #933
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Schwarzbein is pro saturated fats. She wants us to cook at low temps so we don't damage the fat. She doesn't want us cooking with polyunsaturated fats at all. She wants us to not eat damaged fats, e.g, transfats and hydrogenated. (Look how it took 20 years for those damaged fats to get removed from mainstream food and restaurants!)

Polyunsaturated fats are: soybean oil, canola oil what else? After reading Protein Power and other books against Canola oil, I am surprised that ANY diet book says to use them yet.

I really only trust olive oil and peanut oil.

She's very much about not eating foods that cause cellular damage. Which would mean not eating anything you can't hunt, pick or milk. She wants all meals to be balanced with protein, fat and carb.

She's not really about weight loss - it's just a byproduct to healing your body and eating "right." She asks that meat be cooked at lower temps for longer times to avoid blackening (oxidizing) the meat and causing free radicals, which damage our cells causing advanced aging and promoting cancer.

Well, there goes my gas grill cooking! I only do it during the summer months and I have less of those months than you in Nevada. BTW: Wished I lived in your climate. Otherwise, I do alot of simmering and crock pot cooking.

She's against meats with nitrates, cured with sugars, and loaded with salt. She says to eat meat within 24 hours of cooking, as meat starts oxidizing after that.

There goes my hotdogs, kielbasi. Within 24 hrs? That means cooking every day fresh. I just spent all afternoon cooking ahead for the next 2 days. Guess I'll throw it out now!

She says eating too little carbs will decrease lean muscle not fat, and that losing more than a few pounds a week means you are losing lean muscle not fat.

From my research, the body burns in this order: alcohol, carbs, fat and if nothing else left muscle. If it bypasses fat, then I'm in big trouble! I'd better drink more !

And yes, she's totally against stimulants, which she says activates insulin. Coffee and alcohol are big No, No's in her book.

I agree with coffee and alcohol stimulating insulin - that's why I eat more when I consume those 2 things. I can feel ravenous in less than 10 mins of drinking any of those. Alcohol to a lesser degree if I eat protein and fat prior. I do burn up alcohol fast - I can't stay tipsy for more than 1 1/2 hrs and sometimes I don't get tipsy at all

She's even against Half and half! I'm not giving up coffee. Nope!

I gotta have my 1-2 cups in the morning. I can take it black but acid in the coffee is tempered by the milk so I'm not sure that's a good thing. Also, caffeine strips you of calcium so at least if you add it to your coffee you are getting some back.

I need to get a book on her "current" thoughts. The book is 20 years old, and you know how these "experts" change their minds - or simply learn something new. The Eades book I have is old too. I saw some newer books at Barnes and Noble. I'll have to check those out.

Yeah, I'll get on Amazon and check them out too. The Eades book on Protein Power - I think they wrote one. Then they did 2 cookbooks - I have both.

I thought it was going to be hot - being Las Vegas and June, but we're in the 80's

And you think that's cold? When we have 80's - we think we're in paradise!

and it's looking like it wants to rain. The grandkids want to use their super soakers at the park, but we may have to wait until it gets hotter. Without humidity, it needs to be in the 90's before it's "play in water" weather.
Yeah, these diet books can drive you nuts. One contradicts the other in specific foods. If you combine all of them, we would not be eating anything that someone, sometime said it was bad for you. No wonder Amercians are obese and screwed up with food.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #934
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Yow! I'll let you two do the reading and absorbing of info and then just pick your brains!!

BTW Annette, it is an absolutely PERFECT New England summer day here. Dry, blue skies, not too hot, air smells lovely...Ahhh, makes up for winter and "The Mud". That's a season in NE, dontcha know....

Linda, wow, you sure were busy today. All I did was rub my butt , and make my bkfst and lunches for the week. I found an old rub that I had used quite a while ago, and just added rosemary and sage to it. I may marinate it in Italian dressing for a day, too. Is it true that your cooking is more varied now with your new program? It sure sounds it.

Yesterday was a "retail therapy" day. Macy's was having a good sale-love their sales-and bought 3 outfits. DH was not wild about any of them and told me that since I was going to be retiring soon (when??) I wouldn't need them. It IS true that I have A LOT of work clothes-suits and such, but for many years-years when I was younger- I was stuck in fat clothes, and I just am making up for it now.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 06-14-2009 at 04:04 PM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #935
Major LCF Poster!

I'm done for the day-very low cals and carbs, but not exactly the fat fast, although fat is at 77%. I really have a hard time getting that up...no problems with protein though, seeing as that's pretty much all I eat. Had a bit of coconut oil today-supposed to be good for you.

cals 1085
fat 77%
carbs 2%
protein 20%-wow that's low for me!

Linda, for your Swiss steak, do you use flour or carbalose or nothing?As in pounding it into the meat-anyway, that's what I used to do. What cut of meat do you use? Haven't had it in ages. Yum!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #936
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm done for the day-very low cals and carbs, but not exactly the fat fast, although fat is at 77%. I really have a hard time getting that up...no problems with protein though, seeing as that's pretty much all I eat. Had a bit of coconut oil today-supposed to be good for you.

cals 1085
fat 77%
carbs 2%
protein 20%-wow that's low for me!

Linda, for your Swiss steak, do you use flour or carbalose or nothing?As in pounding it into the meat-anyway, that's what I used to do. What cut of meat do you use? Haven't had it in ages. Yum!
I had to use oat flour because of my husband's allergies - he can only have oat flour. It turned out really good. I combined 3 recipes - Betty Crocker, American Home Cookbook (an olde but goodie) and a internet recipe by Simply Recipes. If it were just for me, I would have used Carbalose Flour.

4 Flank steaks
1 cup of crushed tomatoes
1 cup of Beef broth made from Better than Broth
Chopped onion
Chopped Red bell pepper
1/2 t - marjoram
1/2 t - thyme
1/2 t - sage
salt and pepper
dash of worchestire sauce
dash of Frank's hot sauce

Slice up steak into thin 2 x 4 slices. Mix 2 T of flour with garlic powder, salt, pepper. Sprinkle on steak and pound in (I did very little flour for obvious reasons).

2 T light olive oil in a calphalonn non stick large frying pan and sear meat. Take out and put aside. Add more olive oil and saute onion and peppers till soft. Throw meat back in and add spices, crushed tomato and 1 cup of beef broth, 1/2 cup water. Tight lid it and low simmer for 2 1/2 hrs. It was very, very tender. DH even had seconds and he eats like a bird.

I put my faux cauliflower mashed potatoes in a white quiche bowl for 1 serving, added salt, pepper, paprika and topped it off with shredded mild cheedar cheese and baked it in my toaster oven for 20 mins - then set it on warm for the last 10 mins. That was good too! The swiss steak was very filling so I only ate 1 cup of that and 1/2 cup of the faux cauliflower and 1/2 cup string beans.

Had a few pecans while playing games. I'm still full. Love pecans.
Got tired of almonds.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Don't you think your protein should be at least 62 grams per Protein Power?

Getting worried if we don't eat enough protein, we may lose muscle.

Annette: check out the reviews on Swartzbein Principal on her newest book. Alot have said they liked her 1st book (the one you got).

One critic said that The Fat Code Fix (something like that) by Chant is better. I saw that book reviews and that one got all 5's and 4's.

I'm kinda bummed on what I should do. So much conflicting information.

The person that wrote back to me on the Metabolism Miracle happens to be a new poster and one of the example people in her book. I still would like to know if anyone on Atkins is losing on this plan. The woman said that at first you may gain - then you'll lose - not to weigh yourself because Met B's tend bob up and down (don't I know!) but I would hate to sabbotage 4 months of low carbing and 10 lbs weight loss (more or less) for this. Actually the 1st 8 weeks wouldn't be much difference but the next 8 weeks could be a disaster.

Well, DH wants to go on this puter. Later, Gators!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #938
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, yeah, that's pretty much how I do mine, except I usually do it one big piece if I can-round steak.

I know what you mean about conflicting info-just reading what you write gets confusing. I also would hate to gain back what I've worked so hard to lose, ounce by ounce. It's now nine pounds in 6.5 month. So much for the fast loss on Atkins.

I don't know what else I can do-low cals and low carbs. My protein has averaged 105 since I started so I shouldn't worry, right??

I am back down the pound I gained for no reason. Up overnight, down overnight...Again hovering at 155.6. If I could just get below 150 and stay there I'd be happy at this point! I did want to be there by June 26, when I have a wedding to go to and a dress I've never worn that I'd like to fit into...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, one thing for sure, Atkins is sure easier to follow - a no-brainer.

I was reading the thread on the Crack the Fat Code by Wendy Chant. You have carb deplete weeks and carb up days - complicated to me. Most people seems to have problems sticking to the book. Plus, nobody is talking about the great weight loss from that plan (or the Metabolism Miracle thread)
Not for me and most seem to have obesity problems. I just want to lose 5-7 lbs - is that too much to ask?

The Metabolism Miracle I thought was a bit hard to follow in that you have to eat 5 grams of carbs every 5 hrs or ELSE! Well, it's hard to find foods besides the low carb bread or low carb tortillas that's just 5 grams. Maybe I just need to re-read the book - maybe it's in there.

Then, I"m thinking that I'm missing out on all this wonderful summer fruit. What about the antioxidants and vitamin C that you get from them even if you stick to berries?

I am up 1 lb from yesterday - lower tummy is out and hard. I might be not elliminating like I did when I was eating full fat. Magnesium is preventing full blown constipation but I can tell it's not the same as when I was doing Atkins.
At least with Atkins, my lower stomach was flat most days.

Maybe I need to go on Atkins OWL - that's some fruit and nuts. The nuts I'm already having. Pecans work great in that I just need a few and my appetite is satiated.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #940
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, you're right. I think our situation is a lot different from the people with alot of weight to lose. Of course, you've actually lost almost all you want to!

I also posted before in case you were writing at the same time.

I miss fruit too. I live in an area surrounded by orchards and small farms, and I miss those Glastonbury peaches, and the strawberries are in season-YUM!!

My lower tummy is NEVER flat-you, know, the pooch!

I took some Metamucil last night and it worked this morning. TMI....

I just don't know how much lower I can go, but the difference is, I'm not suffering with this and not as much hunger as with WW. Didn't feel hungry yesterday, but of course I can ALWAYS eat...
Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #941
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've decided to try the OWL plan of Atkins: 25 grams of carbs daily - 1st week
If I lose on that, I'll up my carbs 5 grams per week unless I stall or gain.
With 25 grams of Carbs to start, I could fit in a few strawberries. 1/4 cup = 2.6 carbs per Atkins site info.

My goal is to drink more water, less caffeine, up my gym time.

Tonight, I'm going to gym to start with 3-5 mins of ecliptical until I get to 120 heartbeat rate, then go to leg machines, then on treadmill for 20-30 mins.

B: 1 LC toast w/butter and cinnamon
Snack: 5 almonds (at work) and a slice of Alpine Lace Cheese
L: will be Indian Veal, Zucchini and Faux Mashed Potatoes, a cup of Indian Chicken Soup
D: will be leftover Swiss Steak - maybe a salad
Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 AM   #942
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, re: OWL. I'd love to do that, but I barely lose on very low carbs, and like you, I have carbphobia. I'm down .4 to 155.2...had vodka last night...so tomorrow I'll be back up a pound. Still no ketosis.

How did you make out at the gym?

Yesterday's stats:
cals 1736
fat 38%- wow that's low...
carbs 2%- basically from the eggs, cheese and light cream
protein 25%- 89.4 gms

Last edited by Scotty; 06-16-2009 at 05:32 AM..
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, re: OWL. I'd love to do that, but I barely lose on very low carbs, and like you, I have carbphobia. I'm down .4 to 155.2...had vodka last night...so tomorrow I'll be back up a pound. Still no ketosis.

How did you make out at the gym?

Yesterday's stats:
cals 1736
fat 38%- wow that's low...
carbs 2%- basically from the eggs, cheese and light cream
protein 25%- 89.4 gms
Well for a couple of reasons, I've decided:

1) Though OWL is more carbs - it's still less than if I would do the Metabolism Miracle

2) Everything I've read and even talking to trainers in person says you need some carbs especially when you lift weights. Annette even mentioned that if we don't get enough carbs, we may lose muscle mass. Though, it defies what I've said over and over again about the order of what the body burns, it would be counter-productive to lift weights to build muscle just to have my body shrink the muscle because it's lacking carb. So, not knowing what is correct, I think trying OWL is the lesser of the evils of other diets. Even Dr Atkins says that Exercise is not an option. So, if he thinks by people climbing the carb ladder should exercise and still lose weight, then I guess a little more carbs over a slow period of time is an "ok" thing.

3) I've got to check the book but I think I can have berries and nuts on OWL and like I said yesterday, I don't want to skip a summer of not eating fruit. Cherries are in now (and stop soon), although higher in carbs, if I just eat 5-10 - I could work it in within the 25 gram carb parameter per day.

4) I can always cut back my carbs if the scale goes the wrong direction.

5) I may be more energized - for better, longer workouts if I eat more carb. I just have to choose the good healthy carbs and not the empty calorie carbs most of the time. If fruit and nuts make us obese, then we are all in trouble!

6) Atkins DANDR says if you have 5-10 lbs to lose, you could start out with OWL or switch to OWL if you have been doing the Induction.

My food and fitness yesterday:

B: Cinnamon/butter toast on LC bread
L: Indian Coconut Chicken, Faux Mashed Potatoes, 1/2 cup Indian Chix soup, a little bit of zucchini.
D: Indian veal, 1/4 cup faux mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts
Later: 2 small roasted chicken thighs and 3 or 4 slices of Harvarti cheese
A little bit of Tequila over ice :blush:

******: Calories 1522, Fat: 92.9 g, Carb: 32.8 (went over) and Prot: 132 grams.

Went over the carbs and probably more than what ****** calculated because it's hard to figure the sauces in Indian cooking and look at my protein amount! Not concerned about protein amounts since reading Protein Power.

Scale is up 1 lb but I bet when I visit the potty, it will go down 1 lb! TMI...

Workout:

6 min on eclipical
2 calf machines, 3 leg machines about 4 reps of 15 each on 100 lbs.
30 mins on treadmill - brisk walk

Then a walk around Wal Mart!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 AM   #944
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Remeasured today:

From my signature measurement for about a week or two ago, here is the difference.

Forearm: less 1/2"
Waist: less 1"
Thigh: less 1/2"

So, I'll take it. At least my thighs are sloooooowly thinning out. Surprised by the waist being less 1" - not trying to lose there but I'll take it all. At least the scale isn't ticking me off so much now! That means I'm losing fat.
The credit goes to the exercising.

I'll change my siggy now to reflect the change. You and Annette should do it too. Don't be bashful.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #945
Major LCF Poster!

"Even Dr Atkins says that Exercise is not an option. " YAY!!

Ricardolowcarbo here in the office agrees about the carbs when you are working out, especially weights, and I, too, don't want to miss out on summer fruits and veg, even, gasp, corn!

Are you doing net carbs? If so, was the 32 gross?

I am now officially about 15 pounds from my goal (again) and can legally be a member of this thread after 6.5 months

Although I don't love Indian food-don't like hot-, your dishes sound yummy.

Last edited by Scotty; 06-16-2009 at 07:56 AM..
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #946
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
"Even Dr Atkins says that Exercise is not an option. " YAY!!

Ricardolowcarbo here in the office agrees about the carbs when you are working out, especially weights, and I, too, don't want to miss out on summer fruits and veg, even, gasp, corn!

Are you doing net carbs? If so, was the 32 gross?

I am now officially about 15 pounds from my goal (again) and can legally be a member of this thread after 6.5 months

Although I don't love Indian food-don't like hot-, your dishes sound yummy.
Ahh yeah! I remember Ricardolowcarbo from the South Beach threads. What plan is he on because his WOE discription sounds complicated? I know he works out alot and has loss a lot of weight. He seems very nice but I thought the South Beach thread was a bit clicky and the main person - Rose was snippy with me a few times.

Well, fiber was 11.8 grams so I guess it's not so bad. Yeah, I think DANDR goes by net carbs.

On another thread, somebody wrote that Dr. Atkins says as you go up the rung of carbs, he wants you to cut back on the fats because high protein and high fats are lethal in the long run! Now, I'm getting the book and re-reading it - I still have it, luckily. I'm going to write back and ask her which book she's referring to. I'll probably end up in the fight. I already bucked someone on that thread for saying to eat carbs alone. I said NO - especially if you are insulin inbalanced - that'll make your blood sugar soar, overproducing insulin - then excess insulin goes into fat cells. Someone wrote that just because Suzanne Somers "says so" - it makes it right. So...I'm already in trouble I may not know everything but I've done enough reading of many sources and from my own experience I feel I have a voice too. At least one person on the thread agreed with me.

Oh, by the way, my fat % went down from 34% to 30% again because I worked out pretty much this week. So...when you are doing your Pilates - and your scale doesn't reward you, think of the fat your body is shedding!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #947
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
From Dr. A's New Diet Revolution, "the key to pre-maintenance is advancing slowly, losing no more than a pound each week for 2 to 3 months... increasing carbs by 10 grams per week so long as you continue to lose. Make sure you are a regular intake of protein and fat. It is natural for weight to vary day to day, I recommend that you don't weigh yourself every day, but week to week. For some people, adding an additional 10 carbs may be too much - try adding 5."

I've been off my WOE while the grandkids have been here - and a bit before. It's too easy during these last few pounds to add "this and that" to the eating plan and think it will all be OK. I'm going to reread the book and see if I can identify which foods are most hazardous to my insulin balance. I do not feel good or healthy right now. My weight has gone up about 3 pounds in the last two days. And although I have not eaten 9,000 additional calories, somehow my body has managed to stockpile some weight. Once the insulin opens up your fat cells - I think that is that - you're going to gain weight if you have eaten more carbs than your body needed.

Using the tape measure, as a meaure, my waist and abdomen are up 1/2 an inch or so. And this sounds silly - but my thighs "feel" fatter.

While this hasn't been a sensible course of action - it has been interesting. The kids are playing video games in the other room, so I'll pop Jillian into the DVD and hope she will be nice to me! Ha!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
From Dr. A's New Diet Revolution, "the key to pre-maintenance is advancing slowly, losing no more than a pound each week for 2 to 3 months... increasing carbs by 10 grams per week so long as you continue to lose. Make sure you are a regular intake of protein and fat. It is natural for weight to vary day to day, I recommend that you don't weigh yourself every day, but week to week. For some people, adding an additional 10 carbs may be too much - try adding 5."

I have to get the DANDR book out. The Atkins site says to start out with 25 grams and add "5 grams" per week. Don't tell me that's even conflicting info.

I didn't know you were insulin imbalanced? Do you have diabetes or borderline or like me hypoglycemic and just "know"?

I'll pop Jillian into the DVD and hope she will be nice to me! Ha!
Good luck on her being nice
Old 06-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #949
Major LCF Poster!

Rich is doing his own plan-carb rotations-he does work out a lot. Als0-"burn the fat feed the muscle".

As I recall in the 72 book he talks about as you add carbs, you will use less fat and calories, but not that fat was evil...

Haven't ex in a week...

Pre-maintenance-"don't lose more than a pound a week" HAH!! I'm barely losing that on induction/very low carbs!

Just went to Macy's on my lunch hour and bought yet ANOTHER 3 suits on sale-can't say no to those bargains!! Now, how do I sneak them past DH (they are on my ccard, so I pay for them, but I will get the "you're going to retire in 2 years-you don't need all these clothes!") You girls understand what it's like to be in fat clothes for 20 years and then being able to wear nice ones, don't you?

One of the suits is a beautiful turquoise that I think I am going to wear to a wedding at the end of the month. I can't think of what color shoes to wear. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Scotty; 06-16-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What I do.....is keep the clothes in my trunk until he's gone for work and then I get them out and hang them w/o the tags and wash them next laundry duty time. When he says is that new? I say no....just didn't wear it for a while, don't you remember?

Cream colored shoes
Old 06-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #951
Senior LCF Member

OK - I hate to admit it. But that's what I do too. Or I slip the new shoes on in the car on the way to work.

Lately, I've more interested in new gym outfits and cooler clothes in general. It should be 100+ degrees right now. But even so, wearing jeans is out of ther question. And of course I have to replace my chubby summer clothes with my new size. I wouldn't even wear shorts before. Now I have a pair and it's so nice.

I found a store called Bealls. I know they sell stuff online. And I think there's a few up on the north end of town, but I love the one in Arizona where my in-laws live. I found pajamas, swim trunks and underwear at VERY low prices. And I found a pair of Nevados hiking boots that were 75% off the discounted price ($6). I'm pretty excited! I needed boots for my camping trip next month.

Our neighbor drives over to Yosemite (3 day weekends) to hike several times each year. I can't wait until I have enough stamina for my husband and I to tag along on a trip. My sister wants me to go to Burning Man with her and her husband this year (they go every year and have an art exhibit). It's a pretty wild and crazy place, but the art and music are pretty cool. I'm still thinking about it.

How long do you guys have to wait after you eat to work out? I ate at least 3 hours - and it wasn't enough (it never is). Maybe my body takes forever to digest stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
What I do.....is keep the clothes in my trunk until he's gone for work and then I get them out and hang them w/o the tags and wash them next laundry duty time. When he says is that new? I say no....just didn't wear it for a while, don't you remember?

Cream colored shoes

Last edited by AMonkey; 06-16-2009 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #952
Major LCF Poster!

I either work out first thing in the morning or right after work, so it's not an issue with me.

75% off $6??? What a bargain!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To answer your question, it's 2 hrs after eating.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #954
Senior LCF Member

The final price was $6. Oh my, Jilian Michaels has a Metabolism book. Dare I read on more? Oh - I know I'm going to do it.

Quote:
I either work out first thing in the morning or right after work, so it's not an issue with me.

75% off $6??? What a bargain!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #955
Senior LCF Member

How tall are you? Compare our measurements (and I definitely am not a C anymore, but have to get a 38 because of a wide back.

Congrats on the hard work and inch loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Remeasured today:

From my signature measurement for about a week or two ago, here is the difference.

Forearm: less 1/2"
Waist: less 1"
Thigh: less 1/2"

So, I'll take it. At least my thighs are sloooooowly thinning out. Surprised by the waist being less 1" - not trying to lose there but I'll take it all. At least the scale isn't ticking me off so much now! That means I'm losing fat.
The credit goes to the exercising.

I'll change my siggy now to reflect the change. You and Annette should do it too. Don't be bashful.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #956
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-still a bargain!!

Tried on my outfits and I am bringing one back. The jacket is nice but the skirt and top aren't so back it goes....

I guess I'm done-still feeling peckish though. But my cals are as high as I want them to be so I don't gain that pound I probably will.

Had some bok choy and shrimp sauteed together with a wine/cream sauce. Nice to have a bit of veg for a change. Had to hungries so snacked on cream cheese at work and had a large crumb of a bagel equalling about 2 carbs I think.

cals 1484
fat 67%
carbs 4%-only had 13.9 gross, why such a high percentage??
protein 29% 103.2 gms

Last edited by Scotty; 06-16-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Old 06-17-2009, 04:45 AM   #957
Major LCF Poster!

Up .7 to 155.9....does anyone see any rhyme or reason or logic to this-see stats above?? I feel like I'll never see below 155! I was joking about having vodka and being up a pound today-seems I was right.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How tall are you? Compare our measurements (and I definitely am not a C anymore, but have to get a 38 because of a wide back.

Congrats on the hard work and inch loss
Thanks Annette. I'm 5' 7". I don't measure chest w/o bra. I'm just still wearing my same bras as I always have. Next time, I'm do the 60's thing and flip it off and measure! I have wide shoulders too. Never noticed till a chiropractor mentioned it.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #959
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Up .7 to 155.9....does anyone see any rhyme or reason or logic to this-see stats above?? I feel like I'll never see below 155! I was joking about having vodka and being up a pound today-seems I was right.
It's gotta be your scale. See if Macy's has scales on sale.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My stats for yesterday:

Scale showed: 140.8, Water: 50% (that's high - usually 47% - I think 50% is supposed to be good), Fat: 31% (up 1%) - did not exercise yesterday.

B: Atkins Daybreak Bar
Mid Morning: PollyO mozz and cheddar cheese stick and a few pecans
2:00 snack: 3 slices of ring bologna and 2 slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
3:30 late lunch: baked off 1/2 chicken at work. Had 3/4 of breast w/skin and 1/4 cup of snap peas w/ghee
8:00: Deli Turkey, Harvarti Cheese mayo, mustard on lc wrap, Greek salad - 1/2 cup (cukes, grape tomatos, feta, green bell pepper)
9:30: 6-7 walnuts - no salt
Went to bed early: 10:30.

******:

Calories: 1644 (gulp)
Fat: 106 grams (gulp)
Carbs: 28.7 less 11.2 fiber = 17 grams carbs
Protein: 136.5 grams

Fat: 57%
Protein: 35%
Carbs: 7%
Alcohol: 1% (not sure why - no drinks - could it be the Atkins bar?)

Gee, what a coincidence. I go back to full fat, Atkins style and lose weight immediately albeit - 1 lb. but I was up to 144 earlier this week.

The thing is if I'm hungry - I don't hesitate to eat. I am also eating a snack between meals just as I just start to feel hungry to prevent my insulin from kicking into gear. I think that's crucial for me.

Going to Smokey Bones for dinner tonight with a GF. I'll try to get seafood or steak. I don't care for "pulled Pork". I may get to gym for 1/2 hr treadmill before I get to the restaurant depending on if I leave work on time. Of course, I could go now before work - but I like to drink cofee and type on Low Carb Friends better.