Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Here's a recipe for any butterheads I'm going to make it probably with "I Can't believe its Butter".

HERB BUTTER

1) Mince Rosemary, basil, oregano, chives, parsely and thyme
2) Soften 2 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter and then whip it with a fork until creamy. Stir in herbs, 2 cloves of galic (put thru a mincer), a pinch of salt to taste. Add fresh lemon if using for fish or veggies.

You can harden it by making it in a log and wrapping it in Saran Wrap, chill it or refreeze it and slice it when you want to.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #902
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Ok, I'm done for the day: had a higher cal/carb day today-was hungry so had some cream cheese at work-nothing else areound except Dunkin' Donuts stuff a wholesaler brought in!! I did not indulge except for a tiny corner of a munchkin. I wasn't even going to write it down but I did. BOy that tiny bit added those carbs!. Good thing nobody ever brings in fries!! Also, I weighed my chix thighs at dinner instead of just saying "med chicken thighs" so that came out to more-about 200 cals more!

Had fauxtatoes so that brought up the cals and carbs. I STILL have a heck of a time getting the fat % to 70%. Isn't that the optimimum? I can barely get it to that when I am on the fat fast?? Do any of you get to 70%?? I have butter, cream, skin on chicken, eat fatty meats sometimes....

cals 1664-darnit
fat 65%
carbs 4%-16.1 gross
protein 31% 122.7 gms-does that seem high still? I can't figure out how to get full and not have an enormous amount of protein...

I wonder what the demon scale will say tomorrow...
Didn't ex. today-exhausted from no sleep last night.

Where is everybody??? We have people join and we never hear from them again...sniff, sniff...I smell ok...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 06-11-2009 at 05:20 PM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #903
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I'm not so good at measuring things. Eating pork and beef makes it easier to up the fat and protein ratios. I know my blood type suggests chicken and poultry are better for me - but eggs and chicken do not always agree with me. But sometimes pork chops taste so "porky" that I don't like them.

BTW - I checked the carb count on one of the foods I ate pre-Adkins, Vegan Pad Tai bowl from Trader Joes. It has 114 carbs! Oh my!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #904
Major LCF Poster!

[COLOR="Red"]Would somebody PLEASE tell me why I gained .4 over night???[/COLOR] I was so happy with my small losses...
Old 06-12-2009, 04:55 AM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Ok, I'm done for the day: had a higher cal/carb day today-was hungry so had some cream cheese at work-nothing else areound except Dunkin' Donuts stuff a wholesaler brought in!! I did not indulge except for a tiny corner of a munchkin. I wasn't even going to write it down but I did. BOy that tiny bit added those carbs!. Good thing nobody ever brings in fries!! Also, I weighed my chix thighs at dinner instead of just saying "med chicken thighs" so that came out to more-about 200 cals more!

Had fauxtatoes so that brought up the cals and carbs. I STILL have a heck of a time getting the fat % to 70%. Isn't that the optimimum? I can barely get it to that when I am on the fat fast?? Do any of you get to 70%?? I have butter, cream, skin on chicken, eat fatty meats sometimes....

cals 1664-darnit
fat 65%
carbs 4%-16.1 gross
protein 31% 122.7 gms-does that seem high still? I can't figure out how to get full and not have an enormous amount of protein...

I wonder what the demon scale will say tomorrow...
Didn't ex. today-exhausted from no sleep last night.

Where is everybody??? We have people join and we never hear from them again...sniff, sniff...I smell ok...
[COLOR="Blue"]You are funny ! Love it. Yeah, a lot of people join the thread and then leave it. When I first started on these boards, these people would ask questions in desparation and I would answer in my lengthy manner and they never wrote back! It's like I'm talking to myself. So, now when someone news comes on I see if they stick around for a while before I write books for them. I'm disappointed that Deepak skipped out.

When I was counting on ****** - I was very high in fats. Go git yourself some pork rind girl! That corner piece of that munchin threw your insulin off and it's water weight - see, I told ya!

I lost 1 lb to 141. Not understanding why my scale isn't showing 139 again. That lasted for about 2 minutes. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew for sure I gained 2 lbs of muscle. Thinking about getting in the gym tonight. Last night I had to pick up DH up at the car dealer, then I made supper. Tonight I have to drive him there at the dealer for him to pick up his car but then I could drive to the gym afterwards.

Yesterday's menu:
B: Whey Protein Shake - vanilla
L: Bison Steak and Eggs w/fried onions
S: Meatza pizza and salad
Snack: Farmers cheese 3-4 oz and 10 almonds
[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #906
Major LCF Poster!

Any other ideas for fat? And I am a person who likes the fat on meat, etc. and have been known to take a "taste" of butter...I do worry about the percentage of protein, being that if it is too much it converts to carbs. My average over 2months is 29%, 108.1 gms.

Oh-stik is back to very light pink... AARRRGH!

Bison?? Around here it is quite expensive. We lived in SD and saw the herds. Delicious meat, native to the country, uses resources well, high protein, low fat, don't know why it isn't utilized more.

Annette on the Pad Thai, and that was just part of a day's food!

Believe me, the amount I had of the Munchkin was not much more than a big crumb. The fates are truly against me!

Last edited by Scotty; 06-12-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette, Is this a real picture of you?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Everybody is quiet today.

I haven't been running ****** but I did a report on the last 2 months.

Fat 63 g
Carb Net 14.9
Protein 72 g
Alchol 4 .4
Cal 1008

Proves that low calories doesn't work for Metabolism B's. I should be 125 lbs based on that!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #909
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I posted a couple times, but I've been searching for appliances this aft. OUr double oven died and since we want to sell sometime in the near future, we have pretty much decided to replace all with stainless.

my 2 month report is:
cals 1570
fat 54%
carbs 5%
protein 29%
alcohol 13% AND I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK IN OVER 2 WEEEKS!!

Looks like higher cals don't work for us either!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #910
Senior LCF Member

Yes, that's me. I went hiking last weekend when my sister was in town. It was our last beautiful weekend. The summer heat is finally here.

Something good to think about. This book I'm reading says to consider some of the weight gain (when giving your body the protein and fat it needs) to be your bones filling in. It turns out that low fat, high carb WOE does not allow your bones to regenerate as they should. Bones become hollow, and degenerate, e.g., osteoporisis. She states taking calcium and vitamin D without supplying your body with protein and fats will not prevent osteoporosis.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #911
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-great picture!

I had "some" vodka last night and I am back down a pound to 155.4 I keep flirting with 155 but can't seem to get there and stay there.

My bones feel full too!

Doing fat fast today and hoping for the best for tonight....
Old 06-13-2009, 05:28 AM   #912
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Annette-great picture!

I had "some" vodka last night and I am back down a pound to 155.4 I keep flirting with 155 but can't seem to get there and stay there.

My bones feel full too!

Doing fat fast today and hoping for the best for tonight....
Annette: You are so pretty and it doesn't even look like you need to lose weight!

Donna: Good for you!

Scale is not good this morning - up 3 lbs! Now to the signature weight that it always wants to be at: 144. I went to the gym last night and even burnt some calories after the gym . The only thing I could think of is I ate pretty much after the gym. Still not on the Met Miracle because it's grocery shopping today and I've got to plan out my menus. This is what I ate yesterday. I should do it on ****** just to see just how many calories I did eat and carbs.

B: Egg Beaters fried in Smart Balance Light and wrapped in low carb Tortilla
L: Batter dipped Cod (yeah - that's a cheat) and coleslaw, Gin and Club soda
Then Gym.
D: Double Cheeseburger no bun or catshup, small salad
Later: 1 cup SF jello, 3-4 oz Farmer's Cheese and a few almonds

My tummy feels very bloated this morning. Maybe I'll take a magnesium and fix that problem.

The gym wasn't quite so easy last night. The last time I went was Tues. But yesterday I had the Gin and Club Soda which knocked me out so my stamina wasn't the best.

1)Warm up eclipital - 3 mins on setting 2 - thigh muscles already aching
2) Upper body and lower body machines - 20-30 mins.
3) Treadmill at moderate pace - 15 mins.

The gin at lunch did me in. Mental note: don't have any alchohol the day of the gym (at least not before the workout). I probably just burned the alcohol. Feeling really stiff and achy too this morning. Maybe tomorrow, I'll just swim at the gym to loosen up.

Well, Annette, this week, my bones must be adjusting because it's been a off week for me on the scale. This morning my bone density even went down to 4.6 from 5.0 last week and my fat percentage went up to 34% again! Frustrating!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Yes, that's me. I went hiking last weekend when my sister was in town. It was our last beautiful weekend. The summer heat is finally here.

Something good to think about. This book I'm reading says to consider some of the weight gain (when giving your body the protein and fat it needs) to be your bones filling in. It turns out that low fat, high carb WOE does not allow your bones to regenerate as they should. Bones become hollow, and degenerate, e.g., osteoporisis. She states taking calcium and vitamin D without supplying your body with protein and fats will not prevent osteoporosis.
What book are you reading?

Makes sense that if you just eat carbs, eventually your bones will look like a speghetti noodle They say, you are what you eat! Although, in reflection of that statement, I sure wouldn't want to look like a Steer!

For all the times you get mad at yourself for your cheats, you exercise quite a bit and you are good at it and consistent At least you don't have the scale bobbing up and down like Donna and I. Her and I are getting scared with every bite of food we take. I teased Donna about those crumbs of dunkin munchin - but that's the paranoia we go thru. Her and I are blood type O's and should do very well on meat, veggies and low, low carbs and now we have started exercising, partly because you have inspired us, but now I want RESULTS, DANG IT! ::: slams fist on table :::
Old 06-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GAETS:

Where are you?

Donna and I need support.

Are you too busy eating your husband's potato chips?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, I posted a couple times, but I've been searching for appliances this aft. OUr double oven died and since we want to sell sometime in the near future, we have pretty much decided to replace all with stainless.

my 2 month report is:
cals 1570
fat 54%
carbs 5%
protein 29%
alcohol 13% AND I HAVEN'T HAD A DRINK IN OVER 2 WEEEKS!!

Looks like higher cals don't work for us either!
Yesterday, I thought about it...the ****** report wasn't accurate because I did it for 2 months but didn't post anything on it for a month or longer so it stretched the averages. There's no way I am only eating 1,008 calories. I guess I should go back to doing ****** but kinda lazy about it, especially when recipes are like a casserole or a complicated combination. Then, you have to create the food based on the total amounts and divide it by serving.

I would love a stainless kitchen, Now I have a stainless microwave above the stove, a Calphalon utensil container on my counter and that's it.

A double oven! I would love one but I couldn't justify it with just my DH and I . How much baking do you do at one shot? I think if I had one, I would be very tempted to do catering or starting a baking business of oat flour baked goods for those people who are allergic to rice, wheat, corn, barley etc. My husband is allergic to all grains EXCEPT oats so I've gotten quite proficient at converting recipes. He has a sweet tooth bigtime.

Two weeks - no drinks? Now, reflect, over the past 2 weeks - without the drinks - have you noticed a decrease in weight or about the same?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette - question

I think you said your hubby does a lot of exercising as well as you.

Annette: Could you advise me on the best workout to lose these jelly thighs? I cannot afford a trainer.

This is my built: hourglass
Just measured myself:

Bra: 36C
Waist: 29"
Hips: 37"
Thighs: 24" (at fattest part)
Calf: 15"
Bicep: 11"
Lower Arm: 9"

My calf muscles are visibaly getting muscular. It's my inner and outer thighs that is hanging, loose and jiggly. The front and back of my thigh muscles are starting to develop.

I do the inner and outer thigh machines till I can't move.

It's like the middle of my thighs are showing improvement but the rest isn't showing an improvement.

Kinda thinking that I need more treadmill time but not sure. What are your thoughts?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 AM   #917
Senior LCF Member

I'm reading the Schwarzbein Principle. It's an older book - but has a lot of good infor about how our bodies work, how fat is stored by insulin, how we become insulin resistant. I'm almost done with it and will lend it to my nieghbor. He was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes. He bikes, hikes and goes to the gym every day and still has a lot of weight around the middle (which Dr Schwarzbein says is a sign of insulin resistance). It also talks about how everything in our bodies are inteconnected, not giving your bodies enough fat and protein gets you hormones off track, and eating too little or too many carbs does the same. However, for those people who had been on low fat high carb diets, she did have them go very low on the carbs for a while to have the cells release the sugar they were holding onto. But those were exteme cases.

You're right - I'm close. But I need to firm up. Michelle Obama arms would be very cool! (Sigh - oh to not feel arm jiggle when waving)

and the doctor says your body treats alchohol as sugar. I thought I was OK as it was no carb - so I'm seriously thinking about how often I want to drink.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Correction: thighs at 22 1/2 - remeasured
Old 06-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #919
Senior LCF Member

Well, the thighs are my nemesis as well. I am barely 5' 2 and :blush:I just got them down to 20.5. My husband uses big weights and machines, so his thighs are like rocks. His nemesis is the chest and belly.

BTW - your waist and biceps are smaller than mine! So good going on that!

My suggestion is to go on Exercise TV using On Demand if you have it and find the floor workouts for thighs. The floor workouts lengthen and slim the thighs. The machines can bulk up the thighs. You can also find the workouts on ExerciseTV on your computer. There are lots of free workouts to download. On Demand - ExerciseTV.

The Jillian Michaels DVDs were 8.98 on Amazon. I'm pretty sold on her style. There's another trainer on Exercise TV, she's a celebrity trainer in Hollywood -and I like her workouts too (she's nice and supportive - not mean). I'll look for her and get her name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I think you said your hubby does a lot of exercising as well as you.

Annette: Could you advise me on the best workout to lose these jelly thighs? I cannot afford a trainer.

This is my built: hourglass
Just measured myself:

Bra: 36C
Waist: 29"
Hips: 37"
Thighs: 24" (at fattest part)
Calf: 15"
Bicep: 11"
Lower Arm: 9"

My calf muscles are visibaly getting muscular. It's my inner and outer thighs that is hanging, loose and jiggly. The front and back of my thigh muscles are starting to develop.

I do the inner and outer thigh machines till I can't move.

It's like the middle of my thighs are showing improvement but the rest isn't showing an improvement.

Kinda thinking that I need more treadmill time but not sure. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by AMonkey; 06-13-2009 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #920
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Annette,

I will cut back on the alcohol because I didn't eat badly this week to account for a 4 lb total gain.

I have exercise DVD's but hate to do them - that's why I joined the gym. I guess I could do some moves between gym visits.

My arms are not too much of a concern. They are thin but solid. I would love to have Michelle Obama arms too but I don't want to bulk them up too much -it would not be proportionate to my upper body then.

I think today I'm going to go the gym and do 1 hr on the treadmill and maybe get in the sauna to sweat the toxins out (alcohol) . Then, hop in the shower and come home.

I use 100 lbs for the inner and outer thigh machines as well as the seated leg push. Maybe I'll lower the weight and just do more reps.

My upper stomach is in good shape. It's the lower stomach that I can inch pinch. I gotta find a exercise to tighten that up. Donna calls it the pooch. Never had one till I had my daughter.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #921
Senior LCF Member

Yah! My lower stomach needs major firming. Wow! 100 pounds!
For Strength Intensity; increase the sets, lower the number of reps and rest about 45 seconds between sets. For Tone Intensity; lower the sets, increase the reps and reduce the rest period between sets to 30 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Thanks Annette,

I will cut back on the alcohol because I didn't eat badly this week to account for a 4 lb total gain.

I have exercise DVD's but hate to do them - that's why I joined the gym. I guess I could do some moves between gym visits.

My arms are not too much of a concern. They are thin but solid. I would love to have Michelle Obama arms too but I don't want to bulk them up too much -it would not be proportionate to my upper body then.

I think today I'm going to go the gym and do 1 hr on the treadmill and maybe get in the sauna to sweat the toxins out (alcohol) . Then, hop in the shower and come home.

I use 100 lbs for the inner and outer thigh machines as well as the seated leg push. Maybe I'll lower the weight and just do more reps.

My upper stomach is in good shape. It's the lower stomach that I can inch pinch. I gotta find a exercise to tighten that up. Donna calls it the pooch. Never had one till I had my daughter.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yah! My lower stomach needs major firming. Wow! 100 pounds!
For Strength Intensity; increase the sets, lower the number of reps and rest about 45 seconds between sets. For Tone Intensity; lower the sets, increase the reps and reduce the rest period between sets to 30 seconds.
For fat burning - is it better to go lower weights and more reps or higher weight and less reps?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #923
Senior LCF Member

I'll double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's lower weights and more repetition for slimming. having the muscle increases your metabolism - which burns more fat in general, but you have to combine moves to burn fat while weight lifting (Jillian Michaels tip). For example, do a military press while doing squats. She calls these a "super set." My husband calls it torture. She explains on the free downloads available on the ExerciseTV website.

We drove to California and picked up the grandkids today (5 and 9). So I'll be running around with them. The oldest tried Wii Fit. He loved it - but also loved calling Yoga - Yogurt.

Oh - I started the Eades book, it is almost exactly the same game plan as the Schwarzbein Principle. So it's 15 carbs per meal plus snacks. And never eat carbs by themselves - always combine. It's like we're in a war with insulin!?

Last edited by AMonkey; 06-13-2009 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 06-14-2009, 04:59 AM   #924
Major LCF Poster!

I started the ff yest. but got hungry and ended up having some turkey leg, chix thigh and turkey skin before I went out. I DID NOT DRINK!! I caved to one Buffalo chicken wing and THAT'S IT!

Here's my stats-I was surprised at the carbs but most of them came from the cream cheese at two carbs per two ounces-12 carbs.. and 600 cals...this is from my package-****** says it has only one, but I chose to use what it said on the package. I also had some fauxtatoes and they add the carbs...

cals 1693
fat 75%
carbs 5% -23.4 gross 4.1 fiber
19% protein
0 percent alcohol

I'm thinking maybe instead of the cream cheese, I will do eggs today. Anyone have any suggestions??

I am back up over a pound to 156.6!!! My body just doesn't see to want to give up the pounds. Stik =no ketones.

I would LOVE to tone up the inner thighs and my arms. If I ever get to the gym that, and my "pooch" are what I am going to concentrate on.

Last edited by Scotty; 06-14-2009 at 05:00 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #925
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'll double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's lower weights and more repetition for slimming. having the muscle increases your metabolism - which burns more fat in general, but you have to combine moves to burn fat while weight lifting (Jillian Michaels tip). For example, do a military press while doing squats. She calls these a "super set." My husband calls it torture. She explains on the free downloads available on the ExerciseTV website.

We drove to California and picked up the grandkids today (5 and 9). So I'll be running around with them. The oldest tried Wii Fit. He loved it - but also loved calling Yoga - Yogurt.

Oh - I started the Eades book, it is almost exactly the same game plan as the Schwarzbein Principle. So it's 15 carbs per meal plus snacks. And never eat carbs by themselves - always combine. It's like we're in a war with insulin!?
Yeah, the Protein Power and the Metabolism Miracle and your Schwarzbein Principal are all talking about insulin. I'm seeing a pattern here. In the meantime, I'm trying to go back in time to see when I had a insulin imbalance and it had actually started before I got pregnant. I remember having just carbs for breakfast and going out shopping and getting the sweats, faint, incredible hunger and grabbing a hot dog from the vendor outside. That is hypoglycemia. I didn't ever hear of that back then, in fact, only in the past 5 yrs , did I ever know the word. Diane Kress of the Metabolism Miracle also struck a cord when she said that "caffeine" sets off the insulin with Metabolic Type B's. I know for a fact that if I drink coffee - I get ravenously hungry. There's cause and effect. It helps me in the morning to eat breakfast which I"m prone not to want but the rest of the day it's a diet sabbotager and I avoid it.

Seems to me that 1 have 3 plans relating to insulin correction and that is the key for me to empty out the fat cells (you never get rid of them) and to eat properly so your body doesn't cycle into filling them up ie., insulin overproduction. I would like to get the Swarzbein book and compare the 3 of them. So, at least I have some options.

I think Protein Power - says fat is ok.
Metabolism Miracle - says eat lower fat (so your not burning the newly eaten fat - but burning the old fat)
What does Swarzbein say about saturated fat?

Another difference in the 2 books: Protein Power and Metabolism Miracle is the # of carbs at least to start off with.

Metabolism Miracle seems a little more complicated in that you must wait 5 hrs to eat 5 grams of carbs for 8 weeks, then it kicks up the carbs for the next 8 weeks or as long as it takes to get to your goal weight and after that - Maintenance is 9 1/2 servings (according to age) of 11-20 grams of carbs a day. Basically eating pretty much carbs but portion and timing control.

Now the Metabolism Miracle sounds all great by Phase III - but I wonder if by then if adding the carbs will put the weight back on? She says NO it won't - because you have "corrected" your insulin production. That part I am skeptical about. I have written on the Metabolism Miracle thread to the veterans to see if they have lost weight on it. Yet to hear back. At least 1 have told me a week ago that they were on Atkins before "MM".

I was on Protein Power when I dropped to 139. There I was eating 10 grams and eating every couple of hours - small portions and feeling pretty energetic. For the past week, I've been pseudo doing Metabolism Miracle and not feeling so energetic. That doesn't help at the gym. Wonder if it's the low fat or the lower carbs?

Yeah, I think you're right about lower weights/more reps for burning fat. If you build the muscle without movement - you will gain muscle but bulk up like you're training for body building. A combination I think is in order. The one training session I had the guy told me he believed more in muscle building and 10% cardio but then men want the muscles right? However, he did make a good point: 1 lb of muscle gain = 50 calories burned while resting (sleeping) and 10 lbs of muscle gain = 500 calories burned while resting - this is daily.

You have got me wanting to try Jillian Trouble Zones DVD and doing it today. It would be interesting to see if I can do more than before I started the gym. Can you get through her whole DVD on Trouble Zones and doing as much as she's calling for to do? If so, you are very fit!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday June 14, 2009

Funny, since yesterday, the "colors" on the writing options above is off. Is it my computer or did they change something on this? I love colors!

Donna: You were absentee yesterday. How was your party last night? Did you Fat Fast? Waiting to hear from you, GF!

Okay, for accountability this is my eats for yesterday and my activity:

B: 1/4 cup of egg beater and 1 slice of low carb bread = 5 grams

Snack before Gym: 1 Crystal farms string cheese (I think they make the best) - it's lower fat and tastier than the others.

Gym: Did 45 mins on treadmill at 4.0 speed (my left thigh muscle was cramping) so I did not get up to 1 hr). Got off and took a potty break and went on leg machines and found another calf machine - you stand and lift weights from your shoulders and tippy toe. Did about 20 mins total on weights. I wasn't going to do any weights yesterday but since the treadmill was shortened, I decided to give the whole gym thing a hour. The treadmill did make me sweat more than ever. Took a shower and thought I'd better eat.

After gym: Burger King: double cheeseburger - mayo, onion no bun and small salad w/low cal Italian dressing.

Went to grocery store - 1 hr of walking

Came home, put away the groceries and DH and I went out to eat. Had Flat Iron Steak seasoned w/cajun spices (very good), creamed spinach 1/2 cup - cheesy and good and salad with bacon bits, eggs (not low fat). Did have 2 drinks: Bombay Sapphire Gin w/club soda and Rum and Diet coke :blush:

I fell asleep on lazy boy a minute after I got home for 2 hrs (had 1 cup of SF Raspberry jello w/1 T low fat Cool Whip) and went to bed and slept till 7:00 am today.

Body is stiff and sore this morning. I guess I got enough exercise based on that.

Scale is down 3 lbs from yesterday - now at 141. Body fat same: 34%, Water is 47%.

I have some cooking to do today for next week.

1) Make up boneless chix thighs for snacking
2) Indian Chicken and Veal entrees w/sides
3) Swiss Steak w/lean flank steak.

Well, that's all for now.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 06-14-2009 at 05:30 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #927
Senior LCF Member

Schwarzbein is pro saturated fats. She wants us to cook at low temps so we don't damage the fat. She doesn't want us cooking with polyunsaturated fats at all. She wants us to not eat damaged fats, e.g, transfats and hydrogenated. (Look how it took 20 years for those damaged fats to get removed from mainstream food and restaurants!)

She's very much about not eating foods that cause cellular damage. Which would mean not eating anything you can't hunt, pick or milk. She wants all meals to be balanced with protein, fat and carb.

She's not really about weight loss - it's just a byproduct to healing your body and eating "right." She asks that meat be cooked at lower temps for longer times to avoid blackening (oxidizing) the meat and causing free radicals, which damage our cells causing advanced aging and promoting cancer. She's against meats with nitrates, cured with sugars, and loaded with salt. She says to eat meat within 24 hours of cooking, as meat starts oxidizing after that. She says eating too little carbs will decrease lean muscle not fat, and that losing more than a few pounds a week means you are losing lean muscle not fat.

And yes, she's totally against stimulants, which she says activates insulin. Coffee and alcohol are big No, No's in her book. She's even against Half and half! I'm not giving up coffee. Nope!

I need to get a book on her "current" thoughts. The book is 20 years old, and you know how these "experts" change their minds - or simply learn something new. The Eades book I have is old too. I saw some newer books at Barnes and Noble. I'll have to check those out.

I thought it was going to be hot - being Las Vegas and June, but we're in the 80's and it's looking like it wants to rain. The grandkids want to use their super soakers at the park, but we may have to wait until it gets hotter. Without humidity, it needs to be in the 90's before it's "play in water" weather.

Last edited by AMonkey; 06-14-2009 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Added stuff
Old 06-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #928
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I posted before you this morning. didn't you see it??

I have a nice pork butt roast (the fatty one) that I want to rub/marinate and cook slowly. Anyone have a good recipe? I prefer cooking slowly in the oven as there is less lost juice, but since my top oven is dead and the bottom one only broils, looks like the slow cooker today or tomorrow, depending on rub/marinade.

Last edited by Scotty; 06-14-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna: No, I didn't because you must have been typing the same time as me or there is a time lag.

Pork - I would make a oil seasoning rub first:

Olive oil
Dried or fresh rosemary
Dried or fresh thyme
Lime juice
dried powdered Savory
Salt and pepper

or you could do a oil rub of:

Olive oil
Fennel Seed

My whole kitchen looks like a prep chef's restaurant. Been prepping veggies and spices for 4 meals including soup. I didn't eat breakfast and now getting shakey. Better eat now.

Will check back in later.

salt and pepper
Sauerkraut on the side w/Faux Potatoes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #930
Major LCF Poster!

What did you think of my alcohol free night??? I think that was a first for me. Just didn't want any !!! (also didn't feel like paying for it )