Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna,
I knew I wasn't going crazy about the formula...I just read a thread started about Do Calories count? You should read it. A poster JullieL just wrote this...I copied and pasted.

After I had lost about 30 lbs. only counting carbs and not counting calories, my weight loss stalled. I started counting calories and making small changes, like eating less cheese, less salad dressing and more veggies, and my weight loss started again.

Most people don't have to count calories at first, but eventually you may need to. Some people are more intuitive eaters than others, and adjust their intake according to their needs. I am not one of them, unfortunately. I needed to count in order to learn portion control.

On a low carb diet there is no need to eat low calorie. Studies have shown that on low carb you can eat an average of 300 calories a day more than you can on a typical low fat diet and still lose weight. So it's a matter of finding the right amount of calories for you.

[COLOR="Red"]The formula I used was 12 x goal weight (if you don't exercise it's more like 10 x goal weight). For me that was 12 x 140 = 1680. That worked well for me[/COLOR].

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thurs Eating Journal

Here is todays menu and #'s. At lunch, boss & I went to a sandwich place. Didn't eat much today but my calories are up because of 2 gin/seltzer waters at lunch:blush:

Breakfast: 1 egg cheese bake, 2 Jimmy Dean pre-cooked sausages

Lunch: 1/2 cup steak sandwich meat w/green peppers, mushrooms, mozarella cheese, onions and 1 cup of chef salad with creamy herb dressing.

Dinner: 1/2 cup leftover steak sandwich meat. That's it.

Today's ******:

Calories: 1436
Fat: 56
Protein: 22
Carbs: 5.8
Alchohol: 20% (been bad but I needed it - felt down)

Feeling a little punky this week. I don't know if it's Induction fever or TOM but I am wiped after work. Tonight I napped as soon as I got home. Hubby says I don't look myself and may be coming down with something and maybe I'd better let up on the diet. Like I said on another post...I haven't lost any pounds and my inches are mostly off my already thin arms! Hubby says I am getting to look pretty skinny from the waist up. I hate that every time I go on a diet, he or someone says I should quit as soon as I start. I'm not quitting this time plus I ant to excercise. Not fun unless I do it with someone.

Tonight, my friend asked me to meet her at the mall next week to do a walk-about excercise. I like the idea because it's inside and I don't have to get my allergies in a uproar being in the cold, damp weather we're having right now in PA.

Lost some of my appetite - I may be coming down with something. That's the way my mom always knew I was getting sick. I was a great eater as a kid.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
The mall walking sounds like a good idea. Exercising with a friend is always fun.

Gee, nobody tells me I should quit!! If you lose it in your face and arms it's noticeable to others right away, as opposed to butt and hips, where we all want it off.

Well, that one pound that got me into the 150s is back and I don't know how!I don't know what I am doing wrong-tried to copy and paste ****** but it wouldn't.

Yesterday: cals 1620; fat 70% (Had pate...yum); carbs 6%- 24.5 gross, 5.1 fiber; protein 24% alcohol 0

I had scallops-surprised to see that 4.8 oz had 3.2 carbs. Good thing I couldn't eat the 7oz I had planned...I seem to be getting most of my carbs from other than veg....6.2 from cauliflower, 1.2-tomatoes; .7-lettuce; .5 bok choy; and 1-mushrooms. And I'm hungry-today barely in ketosis, just a bit pink.

I'd really like to lose some weight on this...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Well, that one pound that got me into the 150s is back and I don't know how!..
Confused I thought you were in the 160's according to your icon?

I can't even check my ketosis right now. Mouth was so dry this morning - either ketosis or a sore throat coming on.

Yeah, you're right - everyone notices the top half of you. This is funny...one time when I was dieting, the lady at Burger King that waits on me for my usual decaf coffee asked me if I'm dieting because my arms looks thinner! She never sees my butt or thighs!

Daughter is coming home this weekend. I must get ready for excercize boot camp. The last time she had me try the yoga ball, I kept falling off. She is about my height but long boned like my husband goes running, hiking and does excercizes in her room. She thanks me for me giving her large hip bones that forces her to work at it! :::like I chose mine? ::::

Actually I don't know where I got my built. My dad was tall and slender and my mom was short and stout (German stock). Now, when I think about it, my dad's sister was skinny up top but had thunder thighs....uh oh.

Your numbers don't seem bad at all and from what you ate, it's healthy! Maybe it's winter time fat storage time? I know I am lighter in the summer months.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:22 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

I started at 164-I think- on Jan 2-went down a bit then back up and have basically stayed at 160 since...barely in ketosis-light pink-I just think I have "cheats" that I don't realize, since my carbs are usually pretty low.

Too funny about the Burger King lady! AND about falling off the ball!!

I will stay as legal as I can over the weekend-no adult beverages....

Last edited by Scotty; 02-27-2009 at 06:46 AM..
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

Got on the scale at work - lost 2 lbs. Makes me wonder if calories do count - perhaps, you were right. If you recall, the last 2 days my calories were low due to me not being hungry. Maybe when you hit a certain age, calories and carbs kept low is what's needed? The thread I told you about ...Does calories count? - has alot of people that do watch carbs and calories. I'm not too old to learn.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I am pretty sure calories do count, darn it...

Ended up the day very low carb/high fat: 73% fat; 13.4 gross carbs, 2.9 fiber=3% carbs; 24% protein and 1553 cals. Didn't weigh this am. Will tomorrow.

Stix was in the "trace" area.

I just can't seem to get below around 1600, AND I really feel hungry alot.
This morning I made my breakfast souffle which I enjoy-later in the morning I will have a slice of bacon, maybe some avocado-not sure what lunch or dinner will be. I'm still not ready to exercise....
Old 02-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Today is another low carb day, albeit again at 1600 cals. I made the "bark" using coconut oil, but made it in little candy molds that I have, using .5 t of instant coffee and choc. DaVinci. Ohmy it's good-too good-three of them =1T of oil and they go down EEEAAASSYY.

I am having tilapia for dinner, may try sauteing it in the C oil; my beloved fauxtatoes.

fat-73%; carbs 4%-18.1 gross fiber 7.4; 23% protein, 0% alcohol.

Where is everybody??
Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday Nite - 8:22 p.m.

Quote:
Linda, I am pretty sure calories do count, darn it... [COLOR="black"][COLOR="Red"]For right now, I'm not counting it - too soon to know for sure how it impacts me. If I don't lose in the next few weeks, then I'll watch it.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Ended up the day very low carb/high fat: 73% fat; 13.4 gross carbs, 2.9 fiber=3% carbs; 24% protein and 1553 cals. Didn't weigh this am. Will tomorrow.

Stix was in the "trace" area.

I just can't seem to get below around 1600, AND I really feel hungry alot.

[COLOR="red"]Donna, I read in my metabolism book that a woman who gains weight in the lower half (hips, thighs, butt) is a GONAD type. Gonads appetite peaks in the evening. Gonadal types should skip or eat very little breakfast, eat a moderate lunch and eat most of their food at dinner - so they don't eat after dinner - late at night. That fits me to a T. For me, if I eat breakfast, I get hungrier for the rest of the day. It's like when I eat breakfast, I set my metabolism to eat the rest of the day. Some mornings I eat breakfast because I know I'm having a late lunch.

How would it be if you would skip breakfast and eat a moderate lunch and a large dinner? Just an idea. [/COLOR]

This morning I made my breakfast souffle which I enjoy-later in the morning I will have a slice of bacon, maybe some avocado-not sure what lunch or dinner will be. I'm still not ready to exercise....
[COLOR="red"]My daughter is home now for the week (Spring Break). Tomorrow she is going to go over the excercise routine and wants me to do it everyday. Her and her fiancee are buying a house they looked at today. Tomrorow me and hubby are going to look at the house and they are going to sign an agreeement of sale afterwards! So glad for her! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Today, I was busting butt over house projects so I figured that's enough excercise and now as I write, she's sitting here wanting me to start the routine right now! Gotta Go! [/COLOR]

Friday's Eating Schedule:

Breakfast: none
Lunch: 6 oz. salmon baked w/1 teas. clarified butter
1 Tbsp mayonnaise-dill=garlic sauce (homemade) for dipping
1 cup salad greens w/1T ranch dressing
Snack: 1 Burger King double cheeseburger - mayo, onion - no roll
Dinner: 6 oz. of Delmonico Steak baked w/a few onion slices

****** for Friday: Calories - 1503, Fat 56%, Protein: 33% Carbs: 10.1grams

Satuday's Eating Schedule:

Lunch: 3 egg omelet w/2 T. spinach/2 slices of cheddar cheese fried in olive oil and ghee.

Dinner: Mexican Restaurant:
- Steak and Chicken Fajitas (steak and chicken sauteed w/onion and bell pepper.
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce w/sour cream and salsa
- 1 chillie releno
- 2 Rum and Diet coke-Zero Carb :blush: (love a mixed drink when I go out to eat)

My husband had this mexican dessert: flour tortillo filled with cream cheese and topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. Rather than watch him, I ordered the 2nd Rum and Coke and went out for a smoke!

Saturday's ******:

Fat: 61%, Protein: 26%, Carbs: 19.6, Alcohol: 9% Calories: 1577
Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got thru my daughter's excercise routine. The killer was walking up and down our stairs 10X! Out of breath and legs hurting from the prior exercises.
Re-cooped fast though! Then, she just went to bed. I asked her if it was the excercise routine that knocked her out.

She said "No, MOM - I got only 5 hrs of sleep last night!

Kidz, you gotta love them!

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 02-28-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 03-01-2009, 05:12 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Scale says 158.5, but the scale isn't that accurate, AND it was NOT cheap. I think I might invest in a digital-Tanita-this one cost 75 dollars 9 years ago....stix still barely pink with all that fat...

Good for you, Linda on the exercise. Kids, yeah, don't ya just love 'em...good for you for not having a "taste" of the dessert, BUT I wish you didn't do the bad thing ( smoke )

that "big dinner" thing might work for me, although my biggest meal always is dinner. I'm not ravenous at breakfast time but I am hungry, REALLY hungry at lunch,and I thought it was not a good idea to skip meals...

Basically, I'm hungry all the time..not appetite, hungry.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Theories

Hi Donna, I can't weigh myself until I go to work tomorrow so I did my measurements this morning - TWICE - so I wouldn't screw it up! Since the last measurement date 2/25:
Neck: same, Bicep: 1" lost (Burger King lady look out!), Forearm: 1/2", Chest: same, Waist: 1/2", Hips: 2" Yeah!, Thigh: 1/2", Calf: same. Total inches lost since Induction (2/17/09): 8".

Donna: Why don't you start measuring yourself? That may be the key thing here because we are both up in age and don't have much to lose. I know you think you're clothes are still tight but even a little change will motivate you to keep going.

I had did a little research on Auyurvedic diets and figured out my "DOSHA". I am primarily a "Pitta" - fire but am turning into a Kalpha-water. Pitta's are medium built, fast metabolism, impatient and need to excercise to calm down. Kalpha's are more sedienary, slow to anger, gains weight due to non-excercising. It was interesting that my dosha was Piita - fire - which, also, I am a fire astrological sign (Sagittarius). My boss's dosha is Kalpha -water and he is a Scorpio (water sign). The traits seem to match; however, here's the catch:

Pittas love hot, spicy, salty, fatty food (so does Fire Astrological signs) and in Auyvedic weight control, Auyvedic are always about balance so...I'm supposed to eat bland-not many spices, low salt but incorporate pungent (salads) and SUGAR. SUGAR? That's where the theory goes out the window. However, it does correlate to what the BODY TYPE: Gonad theory says...avoid spicy foods. I have since cut down on hot foods by 1/2. When I cook Indian Food - I don't make it hot like I use to. What's your astrological sign? If you want to take a Auyvedic questionaire, you can find them online. Just type: Auyurvedic dosha.

So, what I've learned so far is that every diet has some truth in it but not one has the total answer. Everyone is different and we have to find our own specialized diet.

Well, I gotta get moving...grocery shopping today. Will check in later tonight.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

I am a pitta/Libra, but I don't like spicy, hot foot-like fatty and salty, though.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am a pitta/Libra, but I don't like spicy, hot foot-like fatty and salty, though.
My husband is a Vata (Air element) and a Libra (Air element): He likes a little spicy, likes salt but dissects his meat of all gristle and fat like a surgeon! Vata's usually don't have a weight problem. He used to eat peanut butter to gain weight! He likes his sweets though and only has a little pouch in his tummy which in a week without sweets, it's gone. My daughter is a Vata-Gemini (Air Sign) and is built like him. My daughter likes everything but spicy-hot.

I compared my day's measurements to the 1st time I measured myself and came up with 9"???? Hope I didn't screw up again! I now have it written down on a piece of paper in columnns so I can see it better. If I screw up again, I'm not even going to list it!

I have another thought you might want to try for hunger control. When that time hits, mix 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in 8 oz of water - slug it. It seems to kill my appetite for at least 1/2 hr.

Now to the grocery store....it's going to be a big one with my daughter-the eating machine.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

I will try to get around to measuring, Linda-yours sound great!

low carb, high fat day, but still 1601 cals. 68% fat; 4% carb-16.8 gross, 6 fiber; 28 % protein. Maybe I will lose a bit tomorow?? Big snowstorm supposed to come in tonight but I don't see it yet...

Love that coconut/chocolate candy!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday Night

Quote:
I will try to get around to measuring, Linda-yours sound great!

low carb, high fat day, but still 1601 cals. 68% fat; 4% carb-16.8 gross, 6 fiber; 28 % protein. Maybe I will lose a bit tomorow?? Big snowstorm supposed to come in tonight but I don't see it yet...

Love that coconut/chocolate candy!!!
Donna: If I lose any more inches off my arms, the Burger King lady will give me free food cuz I'll look malnourished when I hand her money for the de-caf coffee!

What foods made up the 1601 calories?

I made the coconut bark I think according to the recipe on board here using Hershey's Unsweetened chocolate bar and a teas. of DaVinci vanilla. It was ok - I ate a bit before my period and the day of my period.

Went to look at my daughter and future son in laws house they are seriously thinking of buying. They put in a bid on it. It is in foreclosure now. We think the people had a good job (by seeing the high end appliances in it) and probably lost his job. There is another bid from another coupletoo. It's about 20 yrs old in a nice flat development. It needs paint on the inside and outside deck. It has a big pool (out of ground). Because the bank has it in foreclosure and they say they're losing money because the house is under-market price, they won't pay any of the realtor's end of the fee so the realtor asked my future son in law to come up with 2.5%. My husband and I think that's shady. We're not thrilled with that. But my husband and I weren't there when they did the paperwork and the realtor pulled that on them. I worked in the Commercial Lending Department of a Bank for 25 yrs. so I have a general distrust of realtors. When they came home an hour ago to tell us, we told the kids that didn't sound right. These kids are young and starting out so I think the realtor is greedy. He cried he'll only make a little over a $1,000 on the deal. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Mike and I are trying not to intrude.

I have a eye round roast in the crock pot made with Better than Base jar boullian for the broth, 1/4 cup dehydrated onions, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, majoram, thyme rubbed around the meat

I'm also trying this recipe for a Rotisserie chicken that I had seen a poster on the boards that said it was so good from Allrecipes.com called Roast Sticky Chicken Rotisserie Style. I'm just making 1/2 chicken and half the recipe which is in the oven w/Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, cheddar cheese, thyme, parsley, onion/garllic powder baked.

None of the above is for tonight - making it ahead for the next two days. Probably make the Carbquik Cheddar Biscuits for the chicken tomorrow. I have no idea what I want for supper tonight. I just had cold cuts and cheese roll ups and a small salad for lunch. No breakfast. My calories are 674 right now. I'm starting to get hungry now.

Next week I'm going to try the Cauliflower Crusted Pizza that's on Linda Sue's blog and make some crab stuffed portabella for fun food.

Yeah, we're going to get snow tonight - no sign yet and maybe I won't go in to work tomorrow and cook more! There are a bunch of recipes I want to try! I don't have much room in the fridge though right now.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazyme
Stats: 150/120/120 5'4"
WOE: very low carb
Start Date: Mar09
Hi! I have been 2 weeks and want to lose 15 pounds.
Crazyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyme View Post
Hi! I have been 2 weeks and want to lose 15 pounds.
Hi Crazyme and welcome to this thread ,

So, you've been on Atkins Induction for 2 weeks? How have you been doing on it?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazyme
Stats: 150/120/120 5'4"
WOE: very low carb
Start Date: Mar09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Hi Crazyme and welcome to this thread ,

So, you've been on Atkins Induction for 2 weeks? How have you been doing on it?
I've been afraid to weigh in but I feel a loss especially in the belly area. I want to wait a bit to weigh in so I am not disappointed. I've been aiming for zero carbs and have stuck to it but I'm starting to go crazy.

I'm sure this place is going to help alot.

I started at 144 and come to think of it, I want to lose 20 pounds.

Thank-you for the welcome!

Last edited by Crazyme; 03-01-2009 at 06:44 PM..
Crazyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyme View Post
I've been afraid to weigh in but I feel a loss especially in the belly area. I want to wait a bit to weigh in so I am not disappointed. I've been aiming for zero carbs and have stuck to it but I'm starting to go crazy.

I'm sure this place is going to help alot.

I started at 144 and come to think of it, I want to lose 20 pounds.

Thank-you for the welcome!

If you don't want to weigh in, I would recommend measuring yourself and keeping a log of it. If you are aiming for zero carbs then that isn't really Atkins. In the induction, you should aim for 15-20 carbs and 75% of those carbs should come from vegetables. Then after each phase, you carb-up until you reach your desired weight and then maintain on those carbs you've established. Are you eating primarily meat then?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna:

Here's what I ate on Sunday 3/1/09:

Lunch: 4 slices of German Bologna w/4 slices of provolone cheese in a roll up. Small 1 cup salad-Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.
Dinner: 2 bone-in pork chops pan fried w/au jus and 1/2 cup of cabbage noodles w/ghee
Snack: 1 slice of cheddar cheese, 1 Tbsp brie on 1 celery stick.

****** Figs:
Calories: 1157
Fat-89%
Carbs: 12 grams
Protein: 76%

Did my daughter's excercise routine w/her tonight - now I'm hungry! She went right to bed - LOL! I'm the only one up now - even my Boxer girl is sleeping.

Hmmm...seem like I need more veggies to round it out.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:36 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, Crazy-glad you are losing in the belly-that seems to be the last place I lose it...if you haven't read the book, go ahead and get it at the library or online. There are a lot of misconceptions about it. Good luck!!

Linda-LOL on your arms-at least you don't have "batwings" like me... your meals sound good-my mother used to roast an eye round-very lean. I bought myself a new crockpot-the other one is 35 years old-and have yet to use it, or the deep fat fryer I bought 8 years ago... half chicken????I can eat that all by myself!!!

I wish I could let you see ******, cuz I can't figure out how to copy and paste it-I had a very lean burger last night-couldn't get a fattier one-and that alone at 6oz gave me 417. I made the sherrilee's rolls on the waffle iron-they were pretty good-not great-that gave me most of my cals-had fish for lunch, olive oil, cocnut oil/cococandy (I make it with cocoa, a bit of instant coffee crystals and choc. DaVinci and made it in my little candy molds). the rest was really from fat, it seems to me and the Atkins bake mix. I don't know how you have so few cals-you must be in ketosis whether it shows up or not-I am still barely pink-whoops, didn't do it today...

My "chaffeur" is driving me to work today-going to get up to a foot of snow-ugh! We were supposed to go on our yearly Caribbean vacation this week, but our hosts' guest house wasn't available-I could sure use some sun...In PA your storm must be about over? My sister lives in Moscow.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

OH!-Linda! How do you like the Carbquick??? Salty?? Did you also get the carbalose flour? I was surprised when I didn't hate the taste of the atkins bake mix in the rolls/waffles I made. I didn't think they were induction friendly though? (but neither is booze.... )

How do you make the cabbage noodles, and where will I find that rotisserie chix recipe?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday: 3/2/09 - Week 2 Induction in !

Quote:
Linda-LOL on your arms-at least you don't have "batwings" like me... your meals sound good-my mother used to roast an eye round-very lean. I bought myself a new crockpot-the other one is 35 years old-and have yet to use it, or the deep fat fryer I bought 8 years ago... half chicken????I can eat that all by myself!!!

[COLOR="Navy"]Yeah, I got used to making Eye Round because of my DH's fussiness with fat and gristle. The crock pot insures that the meat will be tender. I mixed the italian spices and rubbed it all over the beef and cooked it from 6:00 to 12:00 midnight and took it out. The chicken looks real good to. I could eat that 1/2 of chicken myself if I was and I thought I bought 2 of them at the store but only 1 showed up when I got home. I love the crock pot and used it alot over the years. I traded my old round one in for an oval one a few months ago because it's better for roasts. I sear the beef first w/olive oil in a frying pan before I put it in. The broth looks rich and I'll make the gravy with that Thicken Thin-not starch - that really works! [/COLOR]

I wish I could let you see ******, cuz I can't figure out how to copy and paste it-I had a very lean burger last night-couldn't get a fattier one-and that alone at 6oz gave me 417. I made the sherrilee's rolls on the waffle iron-they were pretty good-not great-that gave me most of my cals-had fish for lunch, olive oil, cocnut oil/cococandy (I make it with cocoa, a bit of instant coffee crystals and choc. DaVinci and made it in my little candy molds). the rest was really from fat, it seems to me and the Atkins bake mix. I don't know how you have so few cals-you must be in ketosis whether it shows up or not-I am still barely pink-whoops, didn't do it today...

[COLOR="Navy"]I dragged my cursor along the ****** box, right clicked: copy, then pasted on this board but I had to revise it so that it's easier to read. Takes more time than just jotting on a piece of paper and typing it on the board.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"]Sunday - March 1st - Linda
Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g) Delete
Total 1,157 - Calories
Fat - 89.0
Carbs - 12.0
Protein - 76.5

Bologna, pork cup, piecescubic inchmedium slice (1 oz)slicethick slicethin Calories:138, Fat: 11.1, Carbs: 0.0, Protein: 8.6

Cheese, Provolone cup, dicedcubic inch slice (1 oz)
Calories: 398, Fat: 30.2 , Carbs: 2.4, Protein: 29.0

Lettuce, raw cup, shredded or chopped
Calories: 8 0. Fat: 1 , Carbs: 1.6 , Protein: 0.5

Hidden Valley Ranch
Calories: 130, Fat: 14.0, Carbs: 2.0, Protein: 0.0

Pork, fresh, loin, blade (chops), bone-in, (2) ,
Calories: Calories: 304, Fat: 19.0, Carbs: 0.0, Protein: 31.2

Cabbage, green, cooked, fat not added in cooking : 1 cup
Calories: 17, Fat: 0.0, Carbs: 4.1, Protein: 0.9

Ghee, clarified butter - 1/2 Tablespoon
Calories: 56, Fat: 6.4, Carbs: 0.0, Protein: 0.0

Cheese, Cheddar or American type - 1 slice
Calories: 43, Fat: 3.4, Carbs: 0.6, Protein: 2.5

Celery, raw medium stalk (7-1/2" - 8" long)"
Calories: 6 0, Fat: 1 1.2 0.3

Cheese, Brie : 1 Tbsp.
Protein: 57, Fat: 4.7, Carbs: 0.1, Protein: 3.5

Total: Calories: 1,157, Fat: 89.0, Carbs: 12.0, Protein: 76.5

I think perhaps the difference in our calories is that you make more sweet things or just using the low carb flour mix. I've noticed if I cheat with an adult drink - my calories really go up! If I stick to meat and veggies - my calories are low. I'm not trying to cut out my calories, it's just that the past 2 weeks, I haven't had time to make the extra goodies;; although, today I could. I am not craving sweets either except for the TOM when I had to have chocolate - which is usual for me. Since my daughter's home and her snacking on cookies and microwave popcorn - I may have to do low-carb baking. That popcorn is going to be a killer to avoid!

[COLOR="Black"]My "chaffeur" is driving me to work today-going to get up to a foot of snow-ugh! We were supposed to go on our yearly Caribbean vacation this week, but our hosts' guest house wasn't available-I could sure use some sun...In PA your storm must be about over? My sister lives in Moscow.
[/COLOR]
My husband and I have been enjoying Caribbean vacations every year since our honeymoon - 26 yrs ago! This year, if job security and finances are ok - we will be taking a vacation towards the end of the year - without daughter.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"]Boss is on the phone - gotta go. Have a good day and stay safe on the road.[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-02-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, nope, I never have sweet things, other than just trying those candies in order to add the Coil fat. I just think it's my protein intake, Oh, yes, and the alcohol, but haven't had that since Wed. The Waffle rolls were something new too-wanted my burger on a BUN!!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, nope, I never have sweet things, other than just trying those candies in order to add the Coil fat. I just think it's my protein intake, Oh, yes, and the alcohol, but haven't had that since Wed. The Waffle rolls were something new too-wanted my burger on a BUN!!

ooops, sorry - thought you were using low carb flours more. I have my drinks and I probably will try the sweets tonight, tomorrow or the next night , I dunno when but I'm not into deprivation.

My daughter and husband are really getting on my case. They eat candies, chips, popcorn, bagels, cookies...sugar, sugar, sugar and think I'm eating unhealthy because I'm eating cheese and eggs, meats and veggies. They are nibblers - eat a little all day long and then they see me eat dinner and a normal portion and think my portions are out of control. And I can't get them to see that I skip breakfast, eat a normal lunch and eat a supper that's more than they eat. I'm not comfortable eating dinner with my husband anymore.
I can hear the silent thoughts. I get asked "why can't I just eat normal with normal portions?" Normal is relative - normal to me isn't the same as normal to them and visa versa. I need to get my weight down so I can feel comfortable to quit smoking. The last time I quit, DH got on my case of gaining weight. So, there are my issues.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I'd love to use the carbquick and the carbalose for bread, since I LOOOVE bread, and really miss it. So, how do you like the carbquick-some say it is very salty and you really have to tweak recipes. Which sweets are you planning on, the coconut oil candies? As I said, I added a bit of instant coffee crystals. Real good.

That's too bad about the family's prejudice against Atkins. maybe it's time for you to point out what they eat...and have them do a little reading, maybe even here.... Or just smack them!!

Luckily my DH went on Atkins whilst I was on WW and lost about 20 pounds, which turned me on to it. Just keep doing what you are doing-you know it is right-FOR YOU. And when the weight is off, you can do the REALLY difficult thing-stop smoking. DH did it cold turkey when he hit 50-not easy but he did it and hasn't smoked since.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'd love to use the carbquick and the carbalose for bread, since I LOOOVE bread, and really miss it. So, how do you like the carbquick-some say it is very salty and you really have to tweak recipes.

I just made some carbquik cheddar biscuits (I got off their website) and I had to add 1/4 cup more water to the mixture - it was too crumbly. It definitely did not taste like bisquik - odd taste. DD took a bite and set it aside. The texture and looks are the same - taste is like stale flour or something.

Which sweets are you planning on, the coconut oil candies? As I said, I added a bit of instant coffee crystals. Real good.

I already made the coconut candies at the start of my TOM - ok - but I don't crave them anytime soon. I have some sugar-free puddings in banana flavor and vanilla I could do quickly when I have the room in the fridge.

I would like to try the Lemon Bars if the carb count isn't too high. Not sure what I'll make...it depends on the room in the fridge and how busy or tired I am the rest of the week. I know I have a Mall Walk to do this week too.

That's too bad about the family's prejudice against Atkins. maybe it's time for you to point out what they eat...and have them do a little reading, maybe even here.... Or just smack them!!

When I made the cheddar cube melts in the microwave , my daughter had a fit. My DH was eating Hershey kisses and potato chips during all this and then I said "why is eating brie, cheddar cheese and celery so unhealthy but chips and candy are healthy? He just glanced and she said nothing!

Luckily my DH went on Atkins whilst I was on WW and lost about 20 pounds, which turned me on to it. Just keep doing what you are doing-you know it is right-FOR YOU. And when the weight is off, you can do the REALLY difficult thing-stop smoking. DH did it cold turkey when he hit 50-not easy but he did it and hasn't smoked since.
For some reason, men have a easier time quitting smoking than women and they do good going cold turkey. The last time I went cold turkey, my doctor put me on anti-depressants! It's going to have to be a gradual thing. I have that Chantix - but that has me in a fog, nauseatic and not being able to get to sleep. When I do sleep, my mind is dreaming all night long - can't get deep sleep. It does suppress, I just have to take minute doses and try again when I get my weight down.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:32 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Another good day-6 in a row, and....wait for it.....
THE SCALE LOOKS UP A POUND!!! AAARRRGHHH!

Stix are in trace to moderate area-a little darker than yest.

Cals 1496; fat 76%; carb 3% 14.2 gros/6.5 fiber;21% protein.

B-usual frittata with mushrooms and spinach, .8 oz cheddar, 1T parm, 1/8 jumbo egg, about 1.5 t butter decaf with light cream/Splenda
L-2 medium (?) chix thighs, 1C baby lettuce, .6T Greek dressing
D-4oz 90% lean burger (hubby bought it), 1T mayo, .5 plum tomato fauxtatoes
S-6 pork rinds; 3 cococandies (=1T coco**** oil, .5t cocoa, ?Splenda-not much)
And that's it!!!

Linda,
I'm disappointed about results with the carbquick. It got a lot of good reviews, as did the carbalose. Are you going to keep trying it? Seems like something strong tasting like cheese should mask things.... too bad.

I like the candies, and as I said, I'm not a sweet eater. Lemon bars? Did you say lemon bars?? Where?

Well, re: smoking and losing weight-"one day at a time, no guilt, move on". You'll do it eventually. I know how difficult it is.

I work in the financial sector, and it has been ugly. "Once more into the breach"

ETA-they **** out the n u t in coco n u t!

Last edited by Scotty; 03-03-2009 at 05:24 AM..
Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

couldn't edit-calories were actually 1528