Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, sounds like a great first day at the gym! It's good that people were helpful and nice.

NOT so nice about Daughter, the home ec person. If she knew Dad wasn't the type to get his own supper, she should have stepped up to the plate. Of course, that's easy for me to say, and then there's the guilt...

I am up a pound as I thought...this is a never ending cycle. All I need is more will power and less booze!

I've been making big pork butts in the crockpot, and Monday I did one in the oven and I think it's better. Less juices escaped, and they were more yummy than the crockpot one.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna,

My DH wouldn't eat Pork Butts (too fatty)...it's got to be light colored lean pork. He could have certainly taken the meat out of the crockpot, nuked canned green beans and made instant mashed potatoes too! I'm realizing how both of them are spoiled and I caused it. It's like the trainer at the gym said "this gym is all about you". So, finally at this age, I'm putting myself #1 - instead of everyone else. Before DH married me, he was living alone for 5 yrs - he cooked then. That's the point.

Looks like my DD will be moving out in a couple of months. Finally the Bank that's holding the mortgage and house (short sale foreclosure) gave up and agreed. Of course, it's probably because the Sellers got a lawyer on Friday. Yesterday the Bank agreed - not a coincidence, I'm sure.

Donna,
I'm not sure it's the booze that's your problem. I drink it myself a few times a week (when I eat lunch) and sometimes on a weekend, like this weekend when my daughter, her financee, DH and I played board games on Saturday night. What are you mixing the booze up with? I am using diet coke or club soda. Last Saturday, I tried Bud Light Lime to try it. I'm not a beer drinker but I love trying new things. My scale didn't change. the next day. You may be insulin sensitive and that's where the books like Protein Power and Metabolic Miracle come in. To make your pancreas work better so it doesn't release insulin that creates fat cells. You don't have to be diabetic to be insulin resistant. With your appetite, I would get it checked out. When I had diabetes, I was ravenous all the time. The above 2 woe's correct the insulin response so you can handle carbs correctly. As I said before, women as they get older are also likely to have thyroid deficiently. Sorry to nag but if I were you, I would get it checked out and find a doctor who'll do the tests.

You have gained and lost the same 3 lbs for a long time now and that is water weight. There's no weight you ate or drank 3500 more calories that would make up 1 lb of weight. So, what's causing the water weight? Insulin or Thyroid or something else?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I am fortunate. My DH does his own cooking - in fact most of the cooking. I was in sales when we married and worked very long hours. So we fell into the pattern of him cooking. And even now with me in a different industry, I'm getting home late.

I went crazy off my eating plan Monday. Ice cream and tortilla chips! And yesterday I had a bun with my burger. I have to get it together and get back on track!

BTW - My coworker was telling me about a post on this site about set point and "stalls." She stated that our bodies resist losing weight when we lose 30%(of our total weight I believe). And we are supposed to maintain for about a year, and then go on induction again to lose the rest.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Annette, looks like we are in the same "cave"-I caved last night-bread, pasta, a Hershey bar (!!!-I'm not even a sweets person) and wine. Almost 3000 cals and over 100 gross carbs. I am up 2 POUNDS today!! But boy did those egg twist rolls with avocado and tomato taste good. I was just really hungry yesterday, and tried to fill up with meat, but it just wasn't doing it for me.

I have been on very low carbs for about a month-virtually no veg-, I think, and like you said, Linda, I am gaining and losing the same 3 pounds over and over. I have a wedding in a month that I have a dress I'd like to fit in, but if I couldn't lose more than five pounds in five months, I probably won't lose five in one month...

To answer your booze question, Linda, I have vodka with seltzer or diet soda, or wine. The carbs really add up with the wine.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I am fortunate. My DH does his own cooking - in fact most of the cooking. I was in sales when we married and worked very long hours. So we fell into the pattern of him cooking. And even now with me in a different industry, I'm getting home late.

I went crazy off my eating plan Monday. Ice cream and tortilla chips! And yesterday I had a bun with my burger. I have to get it together and get back on track!

BTW - My coworker was telling me about a post on this site about set point and "stalls." She stated that our bodies resist losing weight when we lose 30%(of our total weight I believe). And we are supposed to maintain for about a year, and then go on induction again to lose the rest.

Good Morning Girls,

Donna: Where are you? You aren't writing so much. I miss ya!
Gaites: You too!

Annette: You are lucky that husband cooks. When I first started the store and was working till 10:00, DH would just have his beans and franks out of a can, soup out of a can and/or make a packaged salad. I questioned him last night if he cooked before he met and he said yeah - like pork chops, instant mashed potatoes and he liked Stauffer's. A little later, he wanted me to sterilize his nasal spray. I said all this time and you forgot to boil water! He stuck his tongue out. Spoiled brats in my house if you ask me!

May I ask what work you do Annette?

I did just swimming last night and swam 6 laps and went into the jacuzzi. That was nice! When I came home, I realized how tired I was. Ate and relaxed to watch a movie "The Firm" with Tom Cruise. I very seldom watch movies on TV but felt like it last night. I have to say my appetite was increased too. I had a pork chop and edamines (green soy beans) and a power blueberry muffin (from the Protein Power cookbook). Then, I ate alot of mixed nuts later. Still weight 139 - so no damage was done.

Late last night and this morning, I noticed the inside of my thighs are sore. Not sure of it's from the swimming or the thigh machine from the other day. Sometimes, I feel the pain 2 days after I exercise. I'll do stretches today to ease it up before tonight. I hope it feels better at 5:00 when I have my complimentary training tonight. I don't want to be a wimp! At least it's from a young guy instead of some butch trainer that is too skinny like the last gym I went to 4 yrs ago She didn't want to hear my excuses and was a wannabe Jillian Michaels. Could have punched her! just kidding. She quit mid way that week so then I got a close to middle age lady that we hit it off from the start. I would have liked to hire her on a weekly basis but everything boils down to money and how you prioritize.

Really, Annette, be ok with stalls for a year?! I don't buy that. If you are stalling for more than a month or so, you should change up your diet, nutrients or exercise. I wasn't at a stall per se, but drinking more water and taking liquid potassium seemed to drop me down to 139 from 140, 141, 142 that I was bouncing around at, plus adding a wee bit more carbs every day. The potassium cured my leg cramps too. Can't eat bananas and stay low carb! Some days I am very low carb and some days I'm at like 36 carbs - kind of like that JUDD plan only not so extreme but the concept is the same...up your carbs and down your carbs and get your body out of the same rut/routine. Same goes for exercise...for me, different exercises every day or so seems to help.

Well, that's it for now. Time to read before communting to work. I'll check back later.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I posted before you did-didn't you see it??
I guess I must have REALLY confused my body last night!!

Last edited by Scotty; 05-28-2009 at 06:53 AM..
Old 05-28-2009, 07:35 AM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, I posted before you did-didn't you see it??
I guess I must have REALLY confused my body last night!!
No, I didn't see it until now. I must have been writing my piece right after yours came in. Well, the 2 lbs must be water - you would have had to eat 7000 calories extra to gain 2 solid fat lbs. Just watch it today and you'll probably lose it by tomorrow morning. So, do you think like Annette was saying that maybe you're just at a stall?

I try to stay away from the wine because of the carbs but if I have Sandman Port around, that's hard to resist. Just 2 glasses puts me in la la land so it's not too bad - not like a half of bottle of wine. It's expensive so it's more like a special treat for an occassion.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it may be water, but it comes off like fat....all these ups and downs have been one time things, and come off .3 or so at a time. In some ways I am sabotaging myself, but on the other hand, when I am so true it still comes off so slowly. I know, I know, "hie thee to the Dr."...

I try to stay away from wine, although it really is my "poison" of choice. I mostly drink the vodka cuz it's 0 carbs. BUT I read in Atkins 72 something about counting it as carbs-can't remember how many, but it seemed high.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, tonight I'm off to see the trainer - appointment at 5:30 - wish me luck. My hamstrings inside my thighs are still sore from the past 2 days. I hope I can do a decent job.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

I'm having wine right now!

I work at UPS in the software support division. I can generally get home on time unless I'm working on deadline. I hate stopping what I am doing and leaving it to the next day. I need to improve on that.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #821
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: deepak
Start Date: 18 may 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy again View Post
Hi everyone i'm on week 3 of induction have lost 5.6lbs so far. I need to loose 12 more lbs to reach my goal. Any one want to join me? I'm stickin to induction for 2 more weeks.

Margarita
I am exactly in the same boat, I lost about 4 pounds and then stopped losing weight. Instead started having stomach problems. Still struggling ...... I guess I will need to be on induction for longer ....
Deepak
deepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #822
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I'm having wine right now!

I work at UPS in the software support division. I can generally get home on time unless I'm working on deadline. I hate stopping what I am doing and leaving it to the next day. I need to improve on that.
My mouth is watering. I have not touched that stuff for almost two weeks. Please have one for me
Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #823
Junior LCF Member

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy again View Post
lisaorlola- thanks for coming on board I have also cheated a couple of times. I am most tempted on the weekends:blush: you have are doing great 18 lbs is really good for a month.I weighed myself for the first time yesterday. Looking at the numbers going down has really encouraged me to stay foucused.

Margarita
I am in too. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Deepak!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Deepak, glad to see you. We are all struggling in one way or another right now. Tell us more about your journey.

After one day of caving=Up 2 pounds. After one day of clean living=down ONE TENTH of a pound. Yeah, that's water; yeah, that's fair.

My plan-clean living and no booze this weekend. Possibly some ex??
Old 05-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Deepak

My heart skipped a beat when I saw you...really thought it was "thee Deepak". I am a fan of Deepak Chopra and so is my husband. He listens to his talk show on Sirius radio alot. Of, course, my reaction to your avatar may have had something to do with the fact I didn't have my morning caffeine hit.

Well, I survived my Trainer Bootcamp last night. He put me on machines that I would not have touched at this stage of the game. He even put me on 2 machines in the "men's section" I call it - free weights - never see woman in there. More Arnold Swartzeneiger (sp?) types in there.

At one point, he had me drop between machines and do push ups! That was a little embarrassing :blush:with people all around but I did it and then when I went back to do more of the cable bicep machine, I was stronger. He had me working out 2 hrs! I even went on the eclipical to warm up for 6 mins. That's a feat for me because 5 yrs ago at the gym, I had a bad acid reflux issue and could not be on it 2 mins without it acting up. Now that the issue is gone, no pain and I like it. Rather do swimming for cardio, but it's good for those times I'm just doing weights. Gotta do cardio after the weights too. My heart beat was 142 too high - after 2 hrs - to do too much cardio on the elipical so I did 3 mins and left.

So, last night was just upper body and core. I told him I want arms like Michele Obama.

I had him laughing when he had me do a penquin exercise on the mats....afterwards, I asked him if we clap our hands like the penguins do. Afterwards, was the high pressure sales talk about enlisting training. I told him my husband got cut back to 4 days a week and I'm lucky to have been able to join the gym itself. He kept hemming and hawing and said he would love to train me for free. I said maybe someone will buy me a package for my birthday. He said he's always around so to ask him any questions I want. I offered him to yell at me if he sees me doing a machine wrong!

It's going to be interesting to see my body handle the confusion of me exercising. On Monday, he measured my body fat and it matched my scale of 34%. Last night it was 31.5%. I asked him how did that happen? I only worked out 2 times since Monday. He was baffled. I measured my waist this morning at it went down 1" - from 29" to 28". The scale shows 1/2 lb weigh gain.

My menu yesterday was:

B: 2 eggs w/cheese, LC toast
L: 1/3 lb hamburger w/broth, mushrooms and onions and buttered cabbage noodles.
S: Atkins bar before workout
D: Subway tuna salad on salad - ate all tuna but about 2 cups of the salad
S: 10 pecans w/salt

Donna,
I think if you exercise, it'll break your 3 lbs water weight bounce. Believe me, I'm notorious for not wanting to exercise - ask DH - he'll tell you but I knew that my body was going to resist getting below 140 lbs unless I do something different. Believe it or not, my thighs were hardly affected by my diet. In fact, they got flabbier since I've lost 10 lbs. So, I knew I had to exercise and build the muscle. Look at it this way, if you exercise, you will probably be able to eat more and have it not affect your weight. The trainer told me I need to eat something with carbs before I work out for energy and that the workout will burn it off quick. Otherwise, I'll be burning muscle and be tired and not be able to do a good workout.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 AM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak View Post
:

I am in too. Good luck.
You sure look like Deepak.....is this a pic of you?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, your gym experience sounds great! Except for the sales pitch, that is. As part of one of my DVDs, I have to do push ups. Hah-I can maybe get down 4 inches in the girly push up position.

Your lunch sounded good-like a casserole?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
The hamburger, mushrooms, onions broth was like a salisbury steak thing - just didn't thicken the broth. The cabbage was separate. It was satisfying.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, loved the picture of your sweet dog!

I think I am done for the day-7:19. Only a little over 1000 cals and 3.1 carbs. If I get hungry later, I have yet another chicken thigh ready.

What do you all keep on hand for those hungry moments?

I did my Pilates tonight. Oy, the pain!! Amazing how just floor exercises that seem so simple can leave you wringing wet and out of breath. When I think of how in shape I was....oh well, the past is over.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

I'm soooooooooooo proud of you for exercising - especially on a Friday night!

What do I keep on hand? cheese, pecans, emergency food: corned beef in case our lunch meat is gone, SF jello and left over meat especially chicken, Atkins bars - only in extreme emergency. Mainly the cheese is what gets me over the hungries.

Yeah, I know about the sweat and out of breath in doing at home exercises. After the exercises, I would jump in a cold shower, come out and eat a bowl of SF jello to cool down.

The thing was I didn't see any difference in my muscles when I did the home stuff so that's why I joined the gym for weight lifting. At least in the past, weights seems to work faster and better for me. But I know that many others do benefit from home exercises. My husband won't crank on the air conditioning to accomodate either So far, the gym is very cool and I have yet to break a sweat. That may change later especially when I do more cardio but I also get more motivated when I see others doing it rather than seeing my husband on the lazy boy eating chips and candy!

Well, today was my 1st cheat day! Boss and I had cheeseburgers, pierogi, jalenpeno poppers for lunch. Should be interesting what the scale says for the next 2 days. Tonight for supper, I ate good though...Orange Roughy baked and zucchini and pecans.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Why don't you try this?

Eat small portions every 2-3 hours and even before bed. It could be a handful of almonds, a chunk of cheese another time, good nitrate free lunchmeat etc..

I have found that nibbling between meals and lessening my breakfast, lunch and dinner portions to be the best thing to keep me from getting hungry at any point of the day. It seems to help my tummy from protruding (you know, the pooch).

My lifelong routine used to be: I would skip breakfast, eat a huge lunch and a huge supper and all that volume of food in one sitting expanded my stomach. It also seems to control this INSULIN thing I seem to have which, if I don't eat for 5 + hours - I get hypoglycemic and gorge like a mad woman.

Another thought....caffeine as in coffee in the morning is the greatest thing in the world for me because it not only wakes me up but it gets me hungry enough to eat breakfast.

After breakfast, however, caffeinated coffee is poison for me because it makes me ravenous. For example tonight I bought a coffee while getting gas and forgot about getting de-caf and got the "leaded". I was sipping on it and next thing I knew I was shakey, cranky, hungry and had to eat right away. I know you don't drink coffee but do you drink caffeinated tea? If you don't, then forget what I said. But if you do, it could be the reason you're hungry.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-29-2009 at 07:32 PM..
Old 05-29-2009, 11:51 PM   #833
Senior LCF Member

I had a really nice trainer who concentrated on the "core" before getting me on the machines or weights. Of course she has come up to me asking when I am going to sign up for more lessons. I would love to have her train me - but it is not in my budget under current cirucumstances. My daughter is currently unemployed, and my first priority is being there for her. I saw such progress in just three sessions. I'd be a lean machine if I kept up the training. Left to my own devices - I am not.

My husband has such willpower and determination. Alas, I was born to be rich and carefree - but that's not my reality.

I have to say that my taste for sweets has really gone down after low carbing it. I do like bread from time to time, but chocolate and sweets are not on my radar. Well, unless wine counts as a sweet.

Good new though, my cholesteral has come down 50 points in 5 months on a low carb diet alone!
Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 AM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Good Morning Girls and Deepak,

Donna: you have some reading below to catch up on.

Annette: Congrats on your cholesteral! Doc wants me to re-test mine. It was a mixed signal if you recall from my writing about it a while ago. My HDL was good at 68 but my LDL was high - totalling it to 213 - all the while I'm taking a statin drug (Zocor). Prior to Atkins, my cholesteral was 138. But because I was only on Atkins for a month at the time of testing, he said not to be concerned at the moment. Re-Testing as well as taking Zocor will tell the story. I'm hoping it goes now. That was the ammunition for my daughter and husband to get on my case for low carbing.

My daughter got a book in the mail called Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition. Had me just about grinding my teeth. All about what the government and thier controlled studies prove that eating low fat - high carbs is the ONLY way to be healthy and lose weight and downing low carb, high protein diets saying that ketosis is DANGEROUS. It even had a calculation to figure out the MINIMUM amount of carbs a person needs to sustain life.

Protein Power and some other books I've read said we need ZERO carbs to live well - just look at the Eskimos - they have least heart disease in the would and there was a study done by 2 Candadian docs that went 1 year without any carbs and lived in the hospital for that year for controlled environment to make sure they stayed pure on no carbs. Both lost weight, their health reports showed great numbers and it was documented as such. This Idiots book was published in 2005! I guess they didn't see the reports saying the opposite and how doctors are now changing their mind on the low carb approach. The book is titled right...The Idiots Guide.

Protein Power is actually more lenient than Atkins from the start...30 carbs a day to start and to get thru the last phase with 60 carbs. I think Atkins last stage goes to 60 carbs too because I think I've read that Dr. Atkins was about to maintain his weight loss at 55-60 carbs per day.

So what the heck? My daughters book even says to eat margarine and says that Mac and Cheese are the perfect fat and carb combo! And people are buying this propraganda??? And encouraging sugar over substitute sugar and eating those desserts now and then are fine. Don't they know how bad sugar is for you? Perhaps a book burning party is in order?

The only redeeming thing in the book is the fact they have a chapter on Diabetes including Gestation Diabetes and how those people should control their carbs and up their protein. Finally, I was able to point that out to my daughter and she couldn't argrue - after all, the USDA Pyramid and the US Diabetes Foundation are gospel, right? To be fair, some people do well on low fat, high carb, low calorie - beats me but I do know of a person that does. Of course, he looks like Casper Milktoast - no muscle but he lost weight

Well, yesterday's lunch splurge with frankinfood has the scale up to 141 today. 2 lb up. I know it's water but see how my body reacts to carbs? [COLOR="Red"]That is cause and effect evidence for me.[/COLOR]

As you can see, I'm wound up! [/B][/COLOR]
Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

I was not particularly hungry or had appetite last night, so my final cals were 1194-carbs-3.9=1%

Pilates is considered weight bearing exercise, I believe. It sure strengthens your core...I do "Pilates for Dummies"-18 floor exercises.

My WW tape has quite a bit of weight lifting incorporated into it.

Re: the no carbs experiement-did they take supplements for calcium, C, whatever?

So Protein Power is just higher carbs than Atkins and making sure you get your recommended carbs? Not sure really what the difference is.

I have been thinking about joining the local gym. It is HealthTrax. Anybody hear of it? I think you have to sign a contract for a year though, and anything extra costs extra. I don't like that, but I'm not willing to travel to a gym. There is a Gold's Gym in the area, but not that close. Curves is down the road. Been there, done that.

I am down to 157.8 which is all but .5 pound of the two that I gained that one day. Of course I weighed this at the beginning of the month....I will try to get in the ex. most days. So tough after work.

Linda, I drink one 8oz. cup of decaf a day. I don't know about the snacking thing. I have my frittata for brekkie, my chix for lunch, and some other protein for dinner. Since I consider myself on induction, I don't have nuts. I do sometimes make "goldfish" to snack on. I do them in the mic and think they turn out better than in the oven.

Well, off to strengthen my core..

Have a good day, all. I will check back later.

Last edited by Scotty; 05-30-2009 at 06:13 AM..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=AMonkey;12035948]I had a really nice trainer who concentrated on the "core" before getting me on the machines or weights. Of course she has come up to me asking when I am going to sign up for more lessons. I would love to have her train me - but it is not in my budget under current cirucumstances. My daughter is currently unemployed, and my first priority is being there for her. I saw such progress in just three sessions. I'd be a lean machine if I kept up the training. Left to my own devices - I am not.
QUOTE]

Well, I pumped alot of information out of him for my freebie. The main things which you may want to try is:

Do free weights as well as cable and machines.

If you work on your upper body on Monday - Do lower body on Wed or later in the week. The next time you do Upper Body is next Monday. Lower body a week later.

Also, the order of cardio and weight training is important..

1) Warm up for 5-10 mins on elipical (or until your heartbeat gets to 120).
2) Hop on weight machines or free weights and work out as long as you can. Low weights - more reps gets the job done until you are going for Mrs. Universe Title
3) After the weights are done - go back to elipical or whatever cardio you want and do no more than 25-30 mins.

The reason is the glycogen that is stored in your muscles - gets released a lot better with weight lifting (that's the carbs stored for energy). Cardio will be more beneficial then. If you do cardio first - you will not have the strength to do alot of weights. There is also a website I found that validates that. Most people do the opposite thinking it's good to "warm up " with cardio then do weights as I used to do. Just warm up for 5 mins on cardio to get your heartbeat to 120 - then switch over and you're good to go.
Also their pyramid goes: 50% weights, 40% diet and 10% cardio.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:18 AM   #837
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was not particularly hungry or had appetite last night, so my final cals were 1194-carbs-3.9=1%

Pilates is considered weight bearing exercise, I believe. It sure strengthens your core...I do "Pilates for Dummies"-18 floor exercises.

My WW tape has quite a bit of weight lifting incorporated into it.

Re: the no carbs experiement-did they take supplements for calcium, C, whatever?

I have been thinking about joining the local gym. It is HealthTrax. Anybody hear of it? I think you have to sign a contract for a year though, and anything extra costs extra. I don't like that, but I'm not willing to travel to a gym. There is a Gold's Gym in the area, but not that close. Curves is down the road. Been there, done that.

I am down to 157.8 which is all but .5 pound of the two that I gained that one day. Of course I weighed this at the beginning of the month....I will try to get in the ex. most days. So tough after work.

Linda, I drink one 8oz. cup of decaf a day. I don't know about the snacking thing. I have my frittata for brekkie, my chix for lunch, and some other protein for dinner. Since I consider myself on induction, I don't have nuts. I do sometimes make "goldfish" to snack on. I do them in the mic and think they turn out better than in the oven.

Well, off to strengthen my core..

Have a good day, all. I will check back later.
Snacks and main meals - small portions - the idea is to fuel your body all day long so you are not hungry and your insulin kicks into gear and overproduces - then the excess goes to stored fat.

I remember the last time I was on Atkins, I was on Induction too long. Besides, nuts are MUFAS (now known to reduce belly fat) i.e, the Belly Fat Diet. They are also a good source of protein with low carbs and filling.

Good going on your Core ambitions. I"ll be back on throughout the day
Old 05-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

I guess my eating is finished for the day-1337 cals; 60% fat; 5% carbs (18.4 gross) 38% protein (111.7 gms)

Had a lovely omelet for bkfst; chix thigh and then a shrimp/avocado salad-yum; some macadamias; salmon with ghee for dinner and now having some diet jello with 1T heavy cream. My abs are sore, so tomorrow I believe I will do my upper body toning tape. I would LOVE to get rid of these batwings, which haven't gotten any smaller in a month-actually they're a bit bigger. Most of my measurements are the same-bust a little smaller, which I don't need to happen;thighs and belly a bit bigger-*sigh*
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday Nite 5/30/09

Quote:
I guess my eating is finished for the day-1337 cals; 60% fat; 5% carbs (18.4 gross) 38% protein (111.7 gms)

Had a lovely omelet for bkfst; chix thigh and then a shrimp/avocado salad-yum; some macadamias; salmon with ghee for dinner and now having some diet jello with 1T heavy cream. My abs are sore, so tomorrow I believe I will do my upper body toning tape. I would LOVE to get rid of these batwings, which haven't gotten any smaller in a month-actually they're a bit bigger. Most of my measurements are the same-bust a little smaller, which I don't need to happen;thighs and belly a bit bigger-*sigh*
[COLOR="Blue"]How can you be done for the day? What time do you go to bed? I get to bed around 12:00 - 12:30 am. I always have to eat something before I go to bed. I bought a avocado and it's ripe now so I may add that to my salad tonight. Thanks for the idea. Your menu sounds delish!

Today was lite fare:

Late Breakfast: Omelet w/red onion and cilantro and Laughing Cow cheese, 2 slices of Pepperidge Farm Carb Sense bread.

L: 10/15 pecans

Will have a late supper of fresh chicken lunchmeat and havarti cheese and salad

Right now I'm making:

Chicken Paprikish - sliced thinly chicken breast, onion, red bell pepper, chicken broth, garlic, olive oil, onion powder, salt and fresh ground pepper, no-fat sour cream.

Faux Scalloped Potatoes: Made with Celery Root sliced 1/4" rounds, feta cheese and heavy cream baked in a casserole dish.

The above will be for tomorrow night's supper after I come home from the gym.

This morning I considered my cleaning, wash and grocery shopping as my aerobic workout. Should have burned the fat while eating light.

My arms are skin flints and need some muscle big time. Do you have free weights to help you out in that area? If not, join your local gym! Those machine are hardcore and if arms don't get definition from them, then nothing can. If you would see my wrists, you would laugh. They are like a toddlers width. I think that's supposed to indicate that I am small boned and should weight 110! No way, Jose' !!! I was 110 probably in 7th grade.

I might treat myself to a gin and diet tonic tonight. :blush:
[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-30-2009 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Well, I've only exercised once this week and been a tad carb crazy the past few days. I finished a pretty heavy duty project and have been working a lot of overtime - so, I'm decompressing with wine and not thinking about what I am eating or my weight. Monday - I get back on the horse.

I bought some eggs, which I will boil tomorrow. And tomorrow I will get some deli meat and celery and plan out the week's menus.

Carbs are such a slippery slope for me. Before Adkins, my diet was 95% carb. I am not a meat eater by nature (salami and beef ribs are my only meat desires). I had to force myself to eat meat when I started the diet.

While I know that I shouldn't stay on induction levels too long - I need to stick to vegetables, tofu and fruits until I get to the weight I want.

This sounds sappy - but I feel like a carboholic.