Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I am hoping my other daughter (all the way out in Chicago, unfortunately) will have another, but she is 35 and her life is very complicated. Who knows?

I am down (again) to 157.5, which is what I weighed at the beginning of May...and April....and March....

After three days of hard core, VERY low carb eating, my stix show no ketones. Whattup wid dat???
[COLOR="Red"]Donna, Congrats on your upcoming grandson! And your weight loss! [/COLOR]

Well, I tried to be good at the restaurant last night. I ordered Beef Brojoile (sp?) and salad. Waitress came back and said it's all gone so order somethng else. So, I quickly picked out Chicken Marsala. Didn't know it came over fettucine! Ate about a cup of noodles w/mushroom sauce - it was sublime. I brought it home for my daughter to finish off. She's a carb eating machine but she's thin because she works out and is built like my husband - except for the hips! - she takes after me for that, lucky girl. The restaurant brought out some good looking italian bread with olive oil so I thought, what the heck-this will be my slurge day. Didn't have pasta since last December 2008. Had 2 slices of bread soaked in olive oil and enjoyed every morsel of it. The scale doesn't how a change but I look bloated. Water weight. I better get back on the wagon quick. Had a Whey Protein Shake for breakfast and that's it until lunch.

I got your e-mail, Donna, and when I get to work, I'll print it out and bring it home to do the calculations. I don't have a printer for my kitchen laptop here at home.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Congratulations!!!

I have two grandsons. My daughter won't be having any more children and my other two children swear they will not be having children. I too would love to have a little girl to spoil. My coworker has the cutest little girl - so I'll just spoil her when I can.

Isn't it crazy how you can go for weeks on end without an event, and the minute you go on a diet - there are parties galore! And for me, it's a slippery slope.

I think I'm going to return to induction for a few weeks and taking more care on the ladder next time.

Annette
You are only 4 lbs away from your goal - why go on Induction? You have done real well and have been a trouper with the exercise which I'm sure has helped big time. Now if Donna and I could get into the groove...

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-20-2009 at 05:11 AM..
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
There was a shredding/cookout extravaganza in the courtyard today for clients. I had my chicken beforehand, and then a cheeseburger sans bun, and a Caesar salad, sans croutons. Unfortunately, although my carbs are very low-only about 5-my cals are over 1300 already. I know I will want supper, but what to have??
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette,
Do you have the Protein Power book? I am having problems with Donna's and my stats compared to the book's example. It doesn't make sense. If you have the book, could you help me out?

Donna,
I am confused to our figures of Lean Body Weight compared to the example in the book. The girl in the book weighs 157 and is 5'6" and her lean body mass is 120.

Yours comes out to: 109
Mine comes out to: 108

I can't figure out WHY our lean body weight is so LOW??? The example girl weighs more than I do and she's shorter - and her lean body weight is 120 and mine is 108? I don't get it.

Ultimately that figure converts to Protein Grams per day.

My figs for both of us is : 54 grams per day or broken down in 3 meals of 18 grams of protein we should at LEAST eat. No matter if you go over, but don't go under per Protein Power.

When I first calculated mine - I thought it was 62 grams.

Of course it doesn't help that my copy of the book is already written in for the chart calculation blanks.

Donna,
If my above calculations are correct, your ideal weight should be: 139 lbs to 144 lbs.

Mine should be: 136 - 147

You are right on the nose for a pear shape. .082 is the number. If it's more than .08 - then you would be an apple shape.

Maybe, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm refreshed. It's after midnight. Better get to sleep. I'll be dreaming of my fat percentages, no doubt!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Yes, I'm close to my goal but I think I may need to go to 120 so I have a little gain cushion. I know that sounds silly - but I want to make sure I get to a good solid place.

AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, thanks for doing the calculations. Those weight numbers are right on, if I recall when I liked what I weighed-course I had more muscle then, too.

Why is my range less and lower than yours??Because of lean body mass?

I don't really feel like a pear shape,not really hour glass as I am small busted...maybe evenly proportioned? Is that a category?

I can eat 54 gms per day with NO problem. Just look at my stats-I average in the 80's probably!!

Scale inching down-157 today. Where's the whoosh fairy??

4 days of VERY low carb and stik is white still.Atkins 72 says you should be purple in 3-4 days. Not me...

Annette-I know what you mean about wanting a cushion, BUT that might make you complacent, saying, "aw, I can afford to eat this..." take it from one who knows. But you know best what you can do.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 05-21-2009 at 04:28 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 06:24 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
That's another part that didn't make sense. Why should you weigh less than me? You are slightly taller.

I know the part of the FAT % we should have on the CHART differs slightly because of your age vs my age - but you are only 1/2" taller - why the 3lb difference?

That's why I'm asking Annette if she got the book. Maybe she wouldn't mind calculating it and if you wouldn't mind if I shared your measurements. I know it can be a private thing

The book only refers to apple or pear so that part I agree with at least for me. If it would have come up apple for me - I would have known I screwed up that part of the calculation. I'm actually more hour glass because my chest is pretty ample especially since my top part of my body is boney ie, ARMS are very thin, breast bone a few inches from shoulders in front are bones sticking out. My upper stomach has always been flat - albeit, low belly can get rounded some days and if I am not watching what I eat.

The LEAN BODY WEIGHT really doesn't make sense. The example in the book plus the lady that wrote in my book who had the book before I did - has a 120 lean body weight and from what I can tell - both examples were heavier than me in weight and the example in the book I believe weighed the same as you but 5' 6" - shorter than you. You would think that she has more FAT lbs and should be a small Lean Body Weight amount.

So, I'll look at the book again and try to make sense out of it tonight.

Annette? HELP!

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-21-2009 at 06:26 AM..
Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

#1 You're correct about the complacency. I've started sliding into bad eating habits - small, but enough to make me feel like I need to do something drastic to snap back into the program.

#2 I haven't gotten the book yet - but I will get it on the way home from work tomorrow. And I'll do the measurements - calculations - and share (no problemo!)

Annette

Did you need my measurements? You can see from my waist abs and arms that I am not done fighting the good fight. That's why I think I may need to lose more than 5 lbs.

5' 2" or 5' 1.5" (shrinking)
Size 6 Misses
Size 8 Jeans

Weight 130 lbs

Arm 11.5"
Wrist 6.10"
Under Bust 33"
Waist 30" ( e-gads!)
Ab 33.75 (e-gads again!)
Hips 37
Butt 37
Thigh 20.5 (yipes!)
Calf (14.5)

Last edited by AMonkey; 05-21-2009 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: Added measurements
Old 05-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 156.5 today; by the way, that's what I weighed 4/18-sigh...

Cals a bit higher yesterday-caved to the vodka...but carbs still very low.

I will do my best this weekend, but after the ceremony, 40 teenage boys will have to be fed-probably NOT low carb...

It will be good to see my sister; haven't seen her since last August.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 AM   #790
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Annette, I need your help!

Annette,

I was asking for your help in calculating my Protein grams needed per day. If you calculate the same as me, then I know I did Donna's right. She is 1/2" taller than me. Somehow the lean body weight seems way off from the example from the book. That girl they use is 5'6" - weighs 157 and her lean body weight is 120. That's higher than Donna's and mine - -which I came up with 109 - LOWER? Lean body weight would be your weight without the FAT - then you add the fat that's appropriate to your age and excercise habits to come up with the protein. I don't understand how the example in the book with that girl being shorter and heavier than me - has a lean body weight lower than me and even lower than Donna - Donna is taller than the girl in the book and weighs the same!

I will do yours for the heck of it to see if you and I come out the same.

I was on their website: Protein Power to see if any posted any comments on their protein grams calculation and didn't see anything. I would hate to post a new thread - they'll think I'm math challenged. Maybe I am but that's a bad impression from the start and I wouldn't want to post any more then!

Donna, I printed out my worksheet that I e-mailed you to do it over again. But I would love it if Annette could also do mine. Yours and mine should be about the same.

My daughter was so upset last night - another "intervention" to get me off the low carb crazienest. I explained to her what I eat is heathier than her and dad and if I ate the same as her and dad, I would weight a ton. At least, I told her to be assured that I am not a sugar addict - (they are) and that could lead me into diabetes. My doc agrees. She is stuck on the fact that she thinks I eat way to much meat, add ghee on everything and I have a cholesteral problem. I told her if she would read the low carb books, she would see that eating fat, doesn't produce cholesteral because your body makes most of the cholesteral - any way of eating is just a SMALL percentage and if your body doesn't get enough fat - your liver will overproduce! That's why low fat, high carb diets causes diabetes and heart problems and high cholesteral.

She's going by the USDA pyramid and I say it's screwed up. The pyramid should be flipped over.

I asked her what was wrong with what I ate last night in front of her? I had 1 chicken breast breaded with carbquik and 1 cup of cauliflower. For breakfast, I had 2 eggs, turkey sausage and 2 slices of low carb bread - is that unhealthy? She eats eggs every day! Of course, she'd say she doesn't have a cholesteral problem - but she never got it tested either! She also thinks I am not getting enough calcium because I don't drink glasses of milk every day. I never drank milk out of a glass - don't feel good. But I eat cheese, broccoli, spinach and take calcium supplements. So, I ask, what's your problem with that? Should I eliminate spinach and broccoli and drink milk that gives me phlem instead?

I told her not to worry about me and she should take her multi vitamins and calcium and walk her nutritional talk.

She has a tendency to "mother" everyone - always did since a toddler she was acting like she's her friend's mother. I never told her what to eat as she was growing up. I made a full course supper every night and did not buy junk food. My husband would buy her candy, cookies and tastycakes to my dismay.

It almost seems like they feel guilty about their eating addictions and they are projecting it onto me--- casting blame on me reminding them of their unhealthy eating habits. She's even worried when she moves out - what will happen to me?

Oh well, just venting - sorry for the dissertation. I had to get it off my chest for my mental health!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:21 AM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Down to 156.5 today; by the way, that's what I weighed 4/18-sigh...

Cals a bit higher yesterday-caved to the vodka...but carbs still very low.

I will do my best this weekend, but after the ceremony, 40 teenage boys will have to be fed-probably NOT low carb...

It will be good to see my sister; haven't seen her since last August.
[COLOR="Blue"]Well, my ****** figures were low:

Calories: 861
Fat: 50.2 grams
Carbs: 14.2 grams
Protein: 84.4 grams

I'm still 142.0 on the scale No adult drinks and low cals - no change. Going to a mexican restaurant tonight and planning on just ordering frajitas (sp?) without the tortillas or chillie rellenos and a salad. [/COLOR]
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nobody writing today but me?

Why's everyone so quiet?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #793
Senior LCF Member

I didn't get a chance to get to a bookstore. There aren't any in my neck of the woods so I have to get over to the other side of town. I'll get it soon and have the hub help me figure it out (I was shocked I was able to set up my new watch tonight!)

Some of my coworkers hate the idea of low carb and are very vocal about it. I'm sorry your family isn't being supportive - that just causes stress which is not good for the body or mind.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #794
Senior LCF Member

What are your results using this chart? Mine is 72 grams of Protein.

For Your BestHealth: Protein Calculator
Old 05-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #795
Senior LCF Member

This is a pretty cool link
Diet Calculator, Body Fat Calculator
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

My family is fine with the low carb-my younger daughter sometimes follows a low carb diet-the older one is a vegan...
with dispensation for dessert!

DH lost weight on Atkins a few years ago, which is actually how I got interested in it. He doesn't follow it any more.

We didn't go to PA-DH had a fall last night and doesn't feel he should drive. Although I was looking forward to seeing my sister, I am just as glad to stay home. May go to a cookout at daughers' in law's lake house Monday if DH feels better.

Higher cals yest. but am only up .2. I'm hungry though today, but am eating basically meat and eggs. Good thing I like them!

LInda, how did your Mexican food turn out last night? I imagine it is a mine field for low carb.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What are your results using this chart? Mine is 72 grams of Protein.

For Your BestHealth: Protein Calculator

Mine comes out to 68 grams daily. I still want to double check the Protein Power calculation on the amount.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This is a pretty cool link
Diet Calculator, Body Fat Calculator
That's interesting, Annette...my calculation comes up with 104 lean body weight like I calculated in the book - thinking it had to be wrong.

Donna, you might want to do the link Annette was so kind to provide us.
You can do the protein link too if you want.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My family is fine with the low carb-my younger daughter sometimes follows a low carb diet-the older one is a vegan...
with dispensation for dessert!

DH lost weight on Atkins a few years ago, which is actually how I got interested in it. He doesn't follow it any more.

We didn't go to PA-DH had a fall last night and doesn't feel he should drive. Although I was looking forward to seeing my sister, I am just as glad to stay home. May go to a cookout at daughers' in law's lake house Monday if DH feels better.

Higher cals yest. but am only up .2. I'm hungry though today, but am eating basically meat and eggs. Good thing I like them!

LInda, how did your Mexican food turn out last night? I imagine it is a mine field for low carb.
I actually did better than I thought I would. Had only Steak Azteca w/ a little green pepper, onion and mushrooms and that's it for food. Asked for a drink of double tequila on club soda, lime juice and rim the glass with salt and it tasted like a margaruita! I had a big lunch but it was a couple of parmesan wings, stuffed shrimp w/crab meat, salad, cucumbers.

The scale was my friend this morning - back down to 140.2 lbs!

Gotta go, DH and I are going to take a walk in the park for 1/2 hr or more of excercise.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

High cals, low carb (vodka)

cals 1869
fat 49%
carbs 1%
protein 23%
alcohol 28%

I think it's the cals that sabotage me....

When I think of what I could have lost in the last 5 months, even at a pound a week.... ARRRGGGHHH!
Old 05-24-2009, 04:58 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Well, today I finally broke the 140 mark - weighed in this morning at 139!

I'm reading a book called Metabolic Miracle which she talks about people that are resistant to losing weight and how most diets are geared toward people with Metabolic A. Metabolic B is for those that are insulin sensitive (not necessarily diabetic but pre-disposed of it) - i.e, had gestation diabetes, gets hyperglycemic when goes too long between meals or just eats carbs without protein.

So, I tested the theory a little. Using the principles of Protein Power (getting enough protein) and eating breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, supper, evening snack and right before you go to bed (which suits me fine ) but small portions, drink at least (8) 8 oz glasses of water, exercise 30 mins 5 days a week. Phase I - 8 weeks - eat 5 grams of carbs every 5 hrs no matter what. Calories don't count because of being Metabolic B. Phase II - you up your carbs - stay on it until you reach your goal. Phase III - for life - up your carbs even more. She claims that the 1st 2 phases is to CORRECT how your body processes carbs. Carbs are not evil - it's just that when your body processes too much insulin when you have carbs - that's what fills your fat cells. I have my doubts whether I could have that many carbs in the end. Phase III is determined by your weight, age and height. It is very liberal with the food choices and basically you can have everything. That's the scary part. Sure I would love to have everything - pasta, sweet potatoes, pizza but not if I gain weight from it.

Strangly, She doesn't count the list of her veggies as carbs either. Low Fat dairy and meats.

So, yesterday I combined Protein Power with the Metabolism Miracle just to test. I had:

1 slice of low carb bread w/1 T - Natural Peanut butter, Ham and low fat white american cheese wrapped in romaine lettuce w/mustard, 1/3 cup mixed nuts, 3-4 oz of lean pork chop grilled string beans and almonds, 1 slice of low carb bread, 1/2 hard boiled egg sandwich with small salad - tomatoes, cilantro, romaine.

Believe it or not, I didn't get hungry yesterday because I was munching all day long into the evening. I drank alot of water and decaf coffee instead of regular coffee after the initial 2 cups in the morning.

******: Cal: 1096, Fat: 63.1, Carbs: 49.8 (yeek!) and Protein: 81.6

DH and I walked briskly for 45 mins. I was sweating and the back of my left thigh is sore this morning.[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-24-2009 at 05:02 AM..
Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

You go girl! congratulations!

But as for me, I went to the movies to see Terminator and had popcorn again. But I loved Terminator Salvation. Why don't I ever learn?

We have to go to a going away party at a bar. I've don't enough damage to my proper eating plan - so I'm going to stick with a diet coke.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Memorial Day, girls!

Donna, you must be a busy girl! Didn't hear from you in a couple of days.

Guess what? I joined LA Fitness Center today. It was knawing at me for months to get back into swimming and weight training. There are only 2 places in my county that have pools and both were easily acessible on my commute home from work. I decided on this one because the other one is too big. This one is bigger than the small one that I joined 4 yrs ago and dropped out but yet this La one is not too huge.

I spoke to the trainer that was the manager of the trainers and we had a good long talk on nutriition. He advocates low - moderate carbs too. He measured my body fat and it matches my scale of 34% - which is considered "fair". I said no surprise, it must be all in my thighs! He said that for my age, I've maintained well and all I need is strength and toning.

The swimming really appeals to me because when I was young, I swam every day even during the winter (indoor pools then) and my thighs were firm. Plus I don't sweat! So, between the weight machines and swimming - I should lose these 4-5 lbs quickly and stick with low carb too.

Now, I pray that I'll stick to it. I called DH from the parking lot of the place and told him they're having a memorial day special and he said he was not for it and is worried that I won't go much. I told him I'll pay for some of it from my spending money so he agreed. At least, I'll have some incentive not to get lazy. Now that I'm home and enthused, DH is happy. Ultimately, he wants me happy even if he gives me a hard time.

I will go tomorrow after work and the on Thurs, I get a complimentary training session with that same Training Manager.

The next step now is to stop smoking. I'll probably need to work out the angst big time during the 1st couple of weeks of not smoking. I am a bear during those couple of weeks. Not looking foward to it but it will help me exercise and breathe easier. My next doctor's appointment I'll be happy to report the good news. He wanted me to join a gym and get into weight training and cardio for my knees, lower back, heart and diabetes prevention.

Please wish me luck! I'll need it!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #804
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, congrats on the loss and on the gym decision! I guess I'm the only slug left... I hated going to Curves after work and would also hate having to do my hair! But the one on one training will be a great start, and you sound so excited!!

The smoking will be the most difficult. Good luck and you will feel so much better!

We ended up staying home DH got sick and had to stay in bed all of Saturday-felt a bit better Sunday. My carbs would have been low except for the vodka, wine, and champagne....didn't weigh today, but I am back on track.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, congrats on the loss and on the gym decision! I guess I'm the only slug left... I hated going to Curves after work and would also hate having to do my hair! But the one on one training will be a great start, and you sound so excited!!

The smoking will be the most difficult. Good luck and you will feel so much better!

We ended up staying home DH got sick and had to stay in bed all of Saturday-felt a bit better Sunday. My carbs would have been low except for the vodka, wine, and champagne....didn't weigh today, but I am back on track.
What is your DH sick with? The flu? I wish him well quickly.

I have only 1 session with the weight trainer (free with membership). I can't go for the weekly training - that would be pushing it with my DH who was not for me joining the gym because of my past history of not going; however, this place does it on a month to month basis so if I have a busy month and don't think I'll be able to go to the gym - I can freeze my account for a month and resume. However, I never say never so IF I am dilligent for a while at going to the gym, I may be able to do a $10 a week session with a weight trainer. When I see him on Thurs, I'll try to pump as much info out of him as I can.

Now, my confusion is that I know I have to up my carbs. He mentioned that he does moderate carb - eating only whole grains. I would like to ask him how many carbs should I work up to. Of course, he does nutrition but that info is probably saved for those that sign up for a regular trainer package.

He did give me some info on cardio and said not to emphasize on that because ultimately cardio does not burn fat - it burns calories. Building muscle burns fat. For example, if you build 1 lb of muscle - that equates to your body burning 50 calories a day during rest plus it releases glucosagon (sp?) which releases fat from your cells. If you build 10 lbs of muscle, your body will burn 100 calories a day - resting i.e, sleeping. He said that cardio tends to not let your muscles lose fat and may eat away at your muscle- but it is good for the heart so doing some is fine. I need a little more clarification apparently. But one thing he told me was to do the weight lifting 1st - then the cardio. I was doing it opposite the last time I was at the gym.

Donna, you will exercise when it's the right time for you. Now that I've lost some weight, I see how my muscles turned to flab and that's not good. Now that I know that my body fat is 34% - that really motivates me to get rid of it. I am turning into a flabby thin girl and my upper body and arms need to get more sculptured.

This will also get me away from having drinks when I go out to lunch. I will only do it if I'm not working out that day. Did I say I have an addictive personality?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

If there was a gym nearby like the one you are going to that you could join month to month, and have trainers available,I might do it. Interesting about the cardio; I actually like weight bearing ex. better than cardio anyway.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
I asked about your DH. What made him bed ridden?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

tummy trouble.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #809
Senior LCF Member

I've heard great things about LA Fitness. I know how you feel. I've joined gyms before and been a "no show - no go." It's common. Can you imagine if everyone who joined a gym actually showed up! There would be lines to get to the machines and pool.

I need to start going to a class. That's part of the fun of going to the gym - not doing it alone.

Annette
Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Annette and Donna,

Well, Annette, it would infuriate my DH if I didn't go to this gym. In preparation to going to the gym, I put a pork roast in the crock pot so I could come home and quickly put together a meal. Mike likes to eat by 6:00 at the latest (I get home from work at 5:00). Well, I got home around 7:00. I had to run to WalMart and get a locker key and then I bought a couple gym shorts and tops too. My plan was to check out the machines and try some out and the time went so quickly. DD said she felt bad for Mike, she'd seem him sitting on the lazy boy waiting for me to come home and said well, it's 6:30 - I give up, I'll just eat a salad. Then, she admitted that she could have taken the pork out and cut a piece, heat up sauerkraut and make instant mashed potatoes but she was getting ready to go out to eat with her friend and so it was about her,her, her.

When I came home, I apologized and he didn't complain - just said he gave up on me at 6:30. So, I told him how to warm it up for tonight because I'm going swimming. I'm not feeling too bad because it wasn't long ago when he was aggitating me for never exercising in my life. That isn't true but of course he would deny even saying it .

So, tonight swimming, tomorrow night appointment with the trainer and then I'll take a couple of days off for musle repair

Yeah, I think I'll at least join the swimming aerobics later on. For now, I want to swim laps on my own. I generally don't like to take classes till I"m more fit because I'd never keep up. Maybe yoga...?? I'll see if they have some beginners classes. They had stepping classes and spinning and those people were going 100 mph!

Last night was great. There's a warm up room with some simple back stretch equipment and mats. I was trying to figure out how to use it when a guy plobbed on in front of me and I said "oh, so that's how you use it". He got up and showed me then. Later, there was a machine that I was trying to figure out and a lady ran up and said she was just on the machine and had problems so she showed me how. I got up to adjust the seat and she came running back and said "oh, you are much taller - let me show you". I thanked her and she said it takes team work! Very nice.

Before I left, I heard my name called. Here it was a guy I know from the Bank for years and he works for the same Bank as my Ex boss. So we chatted a little and he told me how many people that work for his Bank that I know. It's a different Bank from the one I worked at. We all really disbursed around the county during the years. That was very nice and I got a good feeling for my 1st newbie day at the gym.