Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Charborneeys?? Are you sure you only had two??

How did you make out?

I am down .2 in two days of extremely low carbs, but the cals are still high-been having steaks:

Monday 1309 cals, 5% carbs
Tuesday 1569 cals 2%
Wed 1545 cals 5%

None of the carbs came from veg...
I guess I have my answer. I have to go low cal, but I don't see how I can...
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Charborneeys?? Are you sure you only had two??

How did you make out?

I am down .2 in two days of extremely low carbs, but the cals are still high-been having steaks:

Monday 1309 cals, 5% carbs
Tuesday 1569 cals 2%
Wed 1545 cals 5%

None of the carbs came from veg...
I guess I have my answer. I have to go low cal, but I don't see how I can...
[COLOR="Blue"]I only had 2 because I had a Manhattan before that.

I am up a pound. The lunch itself should have filled me but it didn't. I came home and made a thick flank steak on the grill with squash, onions, tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro.

Later last night, I had pecans and a slice of low carb bread w/peanut butter and a piece of sugar free peanut butter candy. Somehow my body was craving something from nuts.

I made up for the previous day's low calories. I didn't even do ******. I put the ankle weights on and did thigh exercises before I went to bed and took a magnesium to blow out the weight!

Most of my carbs came from veggies but there was also the carbs in the wine and the breading on the cod.

Today, I'm going to go moderate. Breakfast: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup raspberries. Lunch wll be the creamy, bacon, sausage, mushroom, spinach soup and some leftover from last night's supper - small quanities.

Donna, how do feel about sticking to Atkins? One way to look at it is that you are doing Atkins between your social events and it could be worse...you could be NOT moderating your carbs at all. A worse scenario for weight, I would like.[/COLOR]
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I suppose it could be worse...I was looking at my WW weigh ins and a year ago I weighed around 150. Up and down, and I don't know why I can't get to where I want to be, or at least lose while I am being true to the program, which is at least 6 days out of 7.

But you just have to stick to it to have it work. Because of the higher cals, if you screw up the weight comes back on. Even Dr. A said that.

I will keep on, and try to get back to exercising, but tonight I have to finish the Kentucky bourbon, pecan, chocolate pie I am making, along with the bourbon balls for tomorrow's Kentucky themed gathereing. (our "queen" is moving to Kentucky)

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]
Quote:
Linda, I suppose it could be worse...I was looking at my WW weigh ins and a year ago I weighed around 150. Up and down, and I don't know why I can't get to where I want to be, or at least lose while I am being true to the program, which is at least 6 days out of 7.

But you just have to stick to it to have it work. Because of the higher cals, if you screw up the weight comes back on. Even Dr. A said that.

I will keep on, and try to get back to exercising, but tonight I have to finish the Kentucky bourbon, pecan, chocolate pie I am making, along with the bourbon balls for tomorrow's Kentucky themed gathereing. (our "queen" is moving to Kentucky)
Donna,
When you were on WW, did you have times out of a week where it was hard not to cheat (for social events or dining out)? If you did, how did your weight flucuate then?

I'm curious because it seems to me that once you do low carb of any diet and you lose some lbs, when you eat carbs, your body is more sensitive to carbs and you gain it back FAST.

The Protein Power Plan is training your body NOT to be sensitive to carbs so you start out 30 grams with your calculated grams of protein per day and stick with that until you are very close or at your weight goal. After that, you add back in 10 grams a week and see what the scale says and how your clothes fit. It is estimated that by the last Phase of Protein Power - everyone should be able to process out without weight gain at about 60 grams of carbs - albeit, keeping your protein grams according to your weight at the time.

So, with me, I must have 62 grams a day for my weight and height. If I should say, get down to 135 lbs - then I would calculate it again based on 135 lbs for a little lower Protein Gram per day. As long as I eat the allocated protein, my body will process the carbs and it won't turn it into FAT. The premise of Protein Power is to get the culprit INSULIN working right because if it doesn't - your cells don't get the proper nourishment (lineoic acid and echinsanoids) and it stores carbs in fat cells acting like a OVERSTOCK. Complicated but the book explains the medical aspect and they both are doctors.

The jury is still out in my case whether Protein Power is the answer for me. So far, I feel better with it than South Beach. Probably because on South Beach, I wasn't getting enough meat protein.

The fats Protein Power (PP) advocates is: 1) Olive Oil 2) Ghee 3) Peanut Oil. Olive oil especially because it doesn't not contain ALA - (alpha lineoic acid) which ALA blocks good eichsanoids from your cells. I am surprised I see ALA sold as supplements! ALA basically works like aspirin (pain and anti-inflammatory) in that it blocks all eichsanoids which is not good. You ultimately want to up the good echinsanoids. Flax Oil touted as a healthy oil but has the HIGHEST ALA - not good because it blocks ALL the eichsanoids. Maybe that's why I got a bad stomach ache when I ate my Flax Bread 3 weeks ago and I blamed it on the antibiotic. I started the antibiotic again without the flax bread - no stomach pain.

Low fat, high carb diets create havoc with insulin - then the eichsanoids.
The good eichsanoids get RID of the fat.

I'm making low carb Pound Cake and a Oat flour Pound Cake tonight. One is for me and the other for him.

What you are making tonight sounds yummy! I love chocolate and pecans and not a stranger to Boubon these days.
[/COLOR]
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I've got to read that book and learn more about the eu... thingies. I definitely think managing the carbs is good for the body long term because it means staying about from empty calories (for the most part) and eating accurate portions.

It's crazy! When we eat a sandwich with 2 pieces of bread - we've eaten 2 bread servings. Portion size is just one more challenge on my plate - literally!

I will stand on the soap box for one thing! Eliminating soda from my diet has really, really helped my skin quality.

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:36 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, on WW I stuck to it pretty closely, but like now, when I went off, I went off, then on the next day, or even next meal. It took me a year to lose around 60 pounds. I know I am getting plenty of protein, and lately I am eating next to no carbs. For me, I think the booze does it more than the carbs...I just shouldn't have it in the house.

I will try my best tonight, and as always, I can say no to bourbon balls and pie, but not to bread and wine (the staff of life??)

yesterday's stats, and I wasn't particularly hungry, at least after supper-had 2 chix thighs each for lunch and supper-I had two honkin' steaks this week too...

cals 1321
fat 36%
carbs 1%
protein 31% (97.8 grams)

I am "way" down to 157.8. I was looking at my weight graph, and it just hovers around the same numbers, up and down... sigh...
Old 05-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, been doing a bit of reading about PP. What would my gram amount be at 5'7.5"? It appears to be just like Atkins to me, except with some foods brought in earlier, more carbs per meal (7-10) and counting the protein grams, no?

Last edited by Scotty; 05-15-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Sure is quiet around here lately...

Did the best I could last night. Filled in ****** also the best I could. Stayed under 2000 cals Food was great but boy Southern cooking is sweet! One of the girls made shrimp and grits. YUM!! Also sweet taters made a special way with nuts, etc. etc. Didn't weigh this am, but usually I am down after a big night then way up the next day. VERY low carbs today. Maybe just eggs and some chicken.

Babysitting for Maxwell tonight.

cals 1999
fat 32%
carbs 24% best I could figure 120, but I may have forgotten something
protein 19%
alcohol 25%
Old 05-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday Night

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,

I'll give you the formula to figure it out in a bit. Tired...cleaning and wash, grocery shopping today. I'd better private message you on that so I don't get in trouble for giving out too much on a book I"m sure the author wants people to buy. Okey, doke?

Last night the gang of us went to see Angels and Demons - good movie! They had a preview of a movie that I thought of you to watch when it comes out: "Julie/Julia" - a bio of Julia Child. Meryl Streep plays her and looks and sounds just like Julia. I had a small size of popcorn with extra butter to treat myself. Hardly ate yesterday to save the carbs for the popcorn. Went down a pound.

Today, hardly ate - too busy. It'll probably catch up with me tonight when I'm vegging. Wanted to excercise but my washing clothes, cleaning and grocery shopping is enough for today. My allergy meds are making me sleepy these days.

By the way, the excercise of choice of the Protein Power diet is weights. Glad I bought the ankle weights and I have 2 lbs hand weights. I always liked weights when I was at the gym and when I had a home gym in the 80's. It's fast to build the muscle. I just do them till my muscles can't go no more and that's the work out! Callenetics are good to warm up and get me limber and stretch the muscles before I use weights. Maybe tomorrow....
[/COLOR]
Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #760
Senior LCF Member

I went to see Star Trek today. I ate popcorn for the first time in over 6 months. Oh my gosh - not a good move for my stomach. But the movie was so much fun. My allergy meds knock me out too. I have to drink lots of coffee or diet coke to stay awake. (That's the only time I drink Coke - almost.)

I really need to start the weights. It's so important for strength and a higher metabolism. Also - great to stave off osteoporosis I believe.

I watched the Biggest Loser episode that preceeded the finale. How inspiring! I know that I've only knocked down 40 pounds. I started at 170 a few years ago - lost and then regained most of what I lost. And then started Atkins last October. I should watch more episodes to urge me to greater lengths in my workouts. Those people are amazing.

Last edited by AMonkey; 05-16-2009 at 09:52 PM..
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 AM   #761
Major LCF Poster!

those are both movies I'd like to see. There was an interesting show on History last night about A&D. And of course I've read every book Julia wrote. I am not tempted by pop corn. I have been known to smuggle in pork rinds, though..

Had another extremely low carb day yesterday with most of my carbs coming from eggs and mayo, and the scale has rewarded me by being UP 2 pounds....I can not win. Just thinking-if we are supposed to take no more than 10-15 carbs, most of those from salad, what am I doing wrong to get about that many when all I eat is protein, fat, and yesterday, for the first time in almost a week, about 3T raw fennel? (It's on the list as a salad veg)

Linda, looking forward to the info.

I don't know what I weighed Saturday, after Friday night, but I'm sure that is reflected. In WW, when we overdid it, we would go right back on plan and the "fluff" as we called it would go right away. It doesn't seem to be happening, at least for me, on this plan, this time.

cals 1301
fat 72%
carbs 3% 10. 4 gross
protein 25% 74.7 grams
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

I guess it's just me again...
Made a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot and ate a lot of it, plus eggs and a kosher hot dog, a chix thigh and some "goldfish", thus the high cals but very low carbs. I'll probably gain tomorrow..

Where are the rest of you??

cals 1566
fat 74%
carbs 2% 7.4 gross
protein 24%-95.2 grams
Old 05-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Sorry Donna,
Been busy this weekend and just got done making Indian Butter Chicken and 2 big batches of Indian Veg Pakoras (deep fried veggies in a chickpea flour batter. Cleaned and moved around my clothes closet and doing my summer wash, cleaned the inside of my car. Make muffins this morning for my daughter and finacee for breakfast. She's the home ec major soon to be teacher and I do all the baking and cooking. When people ask her how she came to want to take Home Ec as a major - she says she thought it on her own. She doesn't give me credit which hurts. She has been watching me cook and bake all her life! Oh well, I'm not college educated so what do I know?

Earlier, I looked back to our early posting in February and tried to get a feel of what you were gaining and or losing and it looks as though before Feb - you lost 6 lbs. Can you think of what you did different then? From Feb on till present - it's been up and down pretty much the same 3-4 lbs, I think.
I cannot pinpoint it other than any medical malady and the fact that you don't excercise. I am guilty of that too on a regular, consistent basis. I also don't drink enough water but when I do, it seems to come off faster, especially if I excercise that same day. That's the only thing I can think of to advise you - if you're asking. Drink and excercise every other day.

Today, I put on my workout clothes with the intent to excercise but I've been working all day and I count that as some form of exercise. Maybe later I'll put on my ankle weights and do some leg exercises. That's the only place I really need to tone and lose. I am thinking of joining my nearby gym for the summer months. They now do monthly for about $50 a month. I know their leg machines would do the trick because they did before.

I'll post you a private message now on the "formula" for the protein grams needed per day.

By the way, today Mike was channel surfing and a doctor was on a news program saying the best way to lose weight is low fat, low carb, lots of veggies and none of that matters if you DON'T EXERCISE. So, that may be the only thing we need to critique ourselves for.

Todays foods was not the best healthy thing but I was busy so I ate as I felt hungry.

B: Protein Blueberry Muffin (1) - by Eades of Protein Power
L: Ham and cheese roll ups and a romaine lettuce salad
S: 3 spoonfuls of Butter chicken and 5-6 Veggie Pakoras as they were coming out of the deep fryer wok!

Okay...now to go to your private mail.
[/COLOR]
Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

I started typing it on your private messsage but then realized that you should print it out so I'm going to send you a e-mail to you instead.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I am not sure what I was doing different, except I was doing DANDR, I think, and exercising a bit more, but not a lot, not consistent certainly. I think going out was about the same, and I think I was actually drinking more. Now I am doing extremely low carbs but haven't exercised in at least a month. I know that is the ticket, but I should be able to lose without the exercise. I think I drink enough water.

See, I was right. I was rewarded for my extra low carb day with a gain of .1...

Your dishes sound delicious, and I'm sure your "exercise" counted.

Don't worry about the no credit thing. I'm sure she doesn't even realize what an influence you've been. I know I didn't get much credit for anything until both the girls were married and mothers..
Old 05-18-2009, 05:28 AM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Black"]
Quote:
Linda, I am not sure what I was doing different, except I was doing DANDR, I think, and exercising a bit more, but not a lot, not consistent certainly. I think going out was about the same, and I think I was actually drinking more. Now I am doing extremely low carbs but haven't exercised in at least a month. I know that is the ticket, but I should be able to lose without the exercise. I think I drink enough water.

See, I was right. I was rewarded for my extra low carb day with a gain of .1...

Your dishes sound delicious, and I'm sure your "exercise" counted.

Don't worry about the no credit thing. I'm sure she doesn't even realize what an influence you've been. I know I didn't get much credit for anything until both the girls were married and mothers..
On another thread, "Those 10 lbs" - some newbie wrote that she couldn't lose on LC and switched to farm fresh fruits and veggies and that's what got her losing weight. She didn't like LC Woe or meats. Her body craves fruits and veggies and she has saved money in the long run because I guess where she lives, fresh fruit and veggies are cheap and plentiful. A little while ago, an a woman about your age or so, is hard-core Atkins but she was playing around with 5 lbs on and off and not going below. She takes 1 day a week and carbs up and for some reason, she found, that she started losing. I don't understand the theory of all this except like the muscles that get used to the SAME excercise - they don't have the challenge - so they don't build ---I think that switching it up with "food" wakes up your body to do something different. I've been doing variations myself and although it's no big significance, intuitively, I think my body likes the switches every so often. But, having said that, I do not feel that anything but Low Carb works for me and I look at this woe as long term/life long - if I am want to stay below the 150 mark.

One of the things that Jillian Michael's questionaire on her diet book asked "Does protein make you feel Tired, Strong, Sick, Energetic"? I was browsing the book at Wal*Mart a week ago.

I know that when I do eat protein - especially red meat - I feel strong and energetic. I know that some people feel bloated and sleepy on meat so their bodies are not designed to handle the protein. I think that has alot to do with how acidic their digestive tract is. I know I am very acidic and it's a fast digestive tract. I also know that a couple of times I tried to do vegetarian and felt so weak, hungry and bloated and gained weight. I could not live without animal protein. Dr D'Amado of the Blood Type Diet also validated my conclusions that with being a Blood Type O and being - (negative RH factor) that I need even more protein than the typical Type O +.

Basically, how I learn anything is to read alot, do research and try out different methods to see how my body reacts. There is some truth in all of what these authors say but the bottom line is determining what works for you.

Last night at 11:00 - my body was craving salt (mineral) and protein. I knew I was light on it from yesterday's work festivities so I grabbed my Planter's Peanuts with Sea Salt and munched away. Not the best thing to do late at night but I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep if I didn't eat protein. I went to bed and slept well. My husband could not eat peanuts before bed and I know my mom used to get worried when I was little and wanted peanuts before bedtime. She even used to make me take out with little "hangnail" before I ate them so I wouldn't choke!

As a result of not eating enough protein yesterday and eating peanuts before I went to bed - I gained 1 lb this morning No doubt it is water weight. So, tonight, I will make an effort to excercise and today - do more water.

Just trying to give you some of my examples to maybe kick off some ideas of your own. Not that I'm an authority on the subject but to express that every body is different and it's a matter of learning what our body needs.

At this stage of the game with 5-7 lbs to lose, I know that it'll take excercise to lose it. My thighs are holding about 5-7 lbs of fat and diet alone isn't going to do much to thin those gams out.

I am wearing my old Size 10 black jeans today. Yeah, I can fit into them and they look great on - but sitting down - yikes - they are tight! Cleaning out my closet yesterday was a wake up call. Most of my old clothes are Size 10. Leaving the Bank and not moving around so much now at this job has caused this extra weight. It's got to GO! I am keeping these jeans on today as a reminder not to overeat and excercise. I put most of my Size 12 jeans in the back of the closet and brought out the Size 10's to motivate me. The size 12's are too big, 10's are too small but there's no motivation if I am in baggy jeans until I undress at night and then it's a reality check.

As far as my daughter - my husband too reminds me that when she gets married and has kids, she'll appreciate me more. I guess it's a little egotistic on my part to think that I should have "credit". I should look at it as part of those things everyone goes through when you're young and half way out the door to adulthood. I'm sure I was like that too when I was her age. I left home when I was 18 yrs old. I appreciate what my parents taught me now.

Did you get the e-mail I sent you last night?[/COLOR]
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I went to see Star Trek today. I ate popcorn for the first time in over 6 months. Oh my gosh - not a good move for my stomach. But the movie was so much fun. My allergy meds knock me out too. I have to drink lots of coffee or diet coke to stay awake. (That's the only time I drink Coke - almost.)

I really need to start the weights. It's so important for strength and a higher metabolism. Also - great to stave off osteoporosis I believe.

I watched the Biggest Loser episode that preceeded the finale. How inspiring! I know that I've only knocked down 40 pounds. I started at 170 a few years ago - lost and then regained most of what I lost. And then started Atkins last October. I should watch more episodes to urge me to greater lengths in my workouts. Those people are amazing.
Yeah, it's been about 6 months since I've had popcorn and it went down real well! I don't see too many movies (a bit fussy) but when I do - I want popcorn. Last month, I did take pork rinds but that didn't do it for me and for the Star Trek movie I saw, I bought my low carb SF choc peanut butter cup but didn't feel like eating sweet so itI mushed in my purse till I got home!

Eades and Protein Power says that weight lifting does improve the metabolism so I'll all for it. Last week when I took my dog for a fast walk and ran a little - my knee started acting up so now I know I can't be straining it by running or jogging - at least not now. Arm and ankle weight excercises with Callenetics seem to be the best form of exercise for me at this point until my thighs get muscular and can support my knees. At least, my doc seems to think so.

I wanted to watch the Biggest Loser but DH and I were watching American Idol and Fringe that night so I kept missing it. I'll have to tape it next season because I do think that show is a good motivator...plus I think I would like Jilllian Michael more Her workout that I have a DVD on - she aggravates me and makes me feel like a weakling!

Between the mold (rain) and the pollen in this area being so bad this spring - my bronchitis just won't go away. I am taking antihistamine, Singular, albuterol, nasal washes, mucinex D and I still am coughing up. I also drink coffee to stay awake!
Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 AM   #768
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Congradulation Linda on your daughter achievement....you must be so proud..

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

Enjoy we'll get back into our programs tomorrow.

Gaets
[COLOR="Blue"]Gaets,
Love your new avatar! Hey, where are you? It's been a week, GF! How're doing? Thanks for the congrats too! Having fun with your grand kids? I bet they have you on your toes! [/COLOR]
Old 05-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #769
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess I'm the gabby one this morning...

As I sit here eating my eggs and Little Smokies and reflecting back on 2 yrs ago when I was on that Michael Thurmond plan - "6 week body makeover" and lost a lot of weight eating tiny portions of protein, carbs, fruits every 3 hrs amounting to less than 1000 calories per day....not excercising because Thurmond said don't worry about excercise now - sure, I could lose weight not exercising but at what price?

- eliminated all dairy - no butter, margarine, oil, milk, cheese (you have to sautee in no-salt broth - not the same, believe me)
- eliminated all salt (NO food that has salt - I have a stock pile of Mrs Dash's in my spice cabinet. Still, no food tasted good without salt)
- eliminated all wheat, bread (not even low carb bread)
- had to weigh 3 oz of meat and measure 1/2 cup of veggie and rice
- no sugar or artificial sugar

After 6 weeks, yeah, I lost weight; however, I got 2 root canals afterwards probably from eliminating dairy. Calcium supplements didn't save my teeth and I remember my teeth hurting during that diet. It's like my body was pulling the calcium from my teeth! Scary.

How long can one eat that way? Sure, it's great if you want to lose short term and not excercise but you are very limited and there's no freedom of choice.

I used to think that by finding the right diet - I didn't have to exercise, but now I know better. Not only is it good for losing weight, but it is good for your health.

Don't mind me..giving myself a pep talk !

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-18-2009 at 06:31 AM..
Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

ARRGH!! Lost my message for the second time!! I'll just sum up..

Linda, lots of "food" for thought. I am content on LC, feel fine and frankly would be afraid to try somethingelse. What if I gain even more?? It's been so long since I ate a large amount of carbs that I can't remember how I felt! I don't know what or if my body is craving anything except more food!

Oh, and stix are white for the second day in a row. Am I cheating without knowing it?? I journal everything obsessively...today I saw that for the last few days I put my chix in as "skin not eaten" and got upset...

I don't know how you did that Thurmond thing, or how anybody can stay on these low cal diets. And that's what Dr A said-you can't!!

I'm sure if I ex. it would make a difference. Too bad we don't live closer; we could do it together and get each other off our butts.

I replied to your email but can't fill it out yet. I am re-auditioning for the Chorale tonight and my spare time will be taken up rehearsing my piece.

Last edited by Scotty; 05-18-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #771
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Right after I wrote, I thought the same thing...if we lived closer, we could kick each other's butts in ex gear - then, we'd have wine to celebrate our excercise session!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a plan...
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Had my re-audition, went pretty well...glad it's over for a couple years.

Low cal, low carbs today. Wonder what the scale will say tomorrow? I almost stopped for some vodka (angry at spouse) but I decided not to punish myself for something he said and did. I feel pretty good about that, but, yeah, I would love a drink....

cals 1244
fat 66%
carbs 1%
protein 33% 95.7 grams

Was awfully hungry this afternoon, but I don't think I am now. Going to watch tv and go to bed.

How were your days, all?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #774
Senior LCF Member

I LOVE Fringe! I watch Idol too - so I am using Hulu to catch up on Biggest Loser. I go to 24 Hour Fitness, which is a sponsor of Biggest Loser. I've been busy working on a project and haven't been getting to the gym. I finally made it back today. I know what you mean about movies. We don't go that often either. So when I go - I like to do it right too.

I almost hate to say this, but it felt so good to relax and eat something "normal" without stressing about carbs.

Annette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Yeah, it's been about 6 months since I've had popcorn and it went down real well! I don't see too many movies (a bit fussy) but when I do - I want popcorn. Last month, I did take pork rinds but that didn't do it for me and for the Star Trek movie I saw, I bought my low carb SF choc peanut butter cup but didn't feel like eating sweet so itI mushed in my purse till I got home!

Eades and Protein Power says that weight lifting does improve the metabolism so I'll all for it. Last week when I took my dog for a fast walk and ran a little - my knee started acting up so now I know I can't be straining it by running or jogging - at least not now. Arm and ankle weight excercises with Callenetics seem to be the best form of exercise for me at this point until my thighs get muscular and can support my knees. At least, my doc seems to think so.

I wanted to watch the Biggest Loser but DH and I were watching American Idol and Fringe that night so I kept missing it. I'll have to tape it next season because I do think that show is a good motivator...plus I think I would like Jilllian Michael more Her workout that I have a DVD on - she aggravates me and makes me feel like a weakling!

Between the mold (rain) and the pollen in this area being so bad this spring - my bronchitis just won't go away. I am taking antihistamine, Singular, albuterol, nasal washes, mucinex D and I still am coughing up. I also drink coffee to stay awake!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

My extremely low cal/carb day was rewarded with a .9 loss....I am now one pound less than I was on 1/25/09, and 2 pounds MORE than I was on 10/1/08...

I will keep trying, but yet again this weekend, my niece's son is getting his Eagle Scout, and of course that is a big family eating and drinking event. I would be happy to stay low carb, but there never seem to be the alternatives, and of course I do miss bread...

This is the second son of hers to obtain this. It is a BIG deal.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My extremely low cal/carb day was rewarded with a .9 loss....I am now one pound less than I was on 1/25/09, and 2 pounds MORE than I was on 10/1/08...

I will keep trying, but yet again this weekend, my niece's son is getting his Eagle Scout, and of course that is a big family eating and drinking event. I would be happy to stay low carb, but there never seem to be the alternatives, and of course I do miss bread...

This is the second son of hers to obtain this. It is a BIG deal.
Congrats on your niece's son Eagle Scout honoring. Yesterday I had a high carb day 57 grams instead of 30. Low cal - 1127. no weight change. You seem to always have "events" that are not diet friendly. That is an unvoluntary diet sabotager. My boss gets that every time he goes to an event - he gets a weight stall and gets frustrated. I have a weight stall but my higher carbs are causing it so I expect it. Rather stall than gain. I did callenetics last night. The "minimum" is too much for me - my hamstrings are still tight. That's about it. Going to meet my BF and DD at a meditterean Italian Restaurant now. Caio!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

I can easily go back on, but it just seems to come on and not go back off quickly.

On a lighter note, I am going to be a Nana to my third grandson! Daughter is thrilled since they wanted another son, but I wanted a girl to buy chachkis and American Girls for!!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I am done for the day: higher cals today since I had a large weigh out of pork roast (8 oz) for dinner-so tender!

cals-1495
fat -69%
carbs-1%
protein 20%-104.8 grams

We need to get more folks posting to this thread!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations!!!

I have two grandsons. My daughter won't be having any more children and my other two children swear they will not be having children. I too would love to have a little girl to spoil. My coworker has the cutest little girl - so I'll just spoil her when I can.

Isn't it crazy how you can go for weeks on end without an event, and the minute you go on a diet - there are parties galore! And for me, it's a slippery slope.

I think I'm going to return to induction for a few weeks and taking more care on the ladder next time.

Annette

Quote:
I can easily go back on, but it just seems to come on and not go back off quickly.

On a lighter note, I am going to be a Nana to my third grandson! Daughter is thrilled since they wanted another son, but I wanted a girl to buy chachkis and American Girls for!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

I am hoping my other daughter (all the way out in Chicago, unfortunately) will have another, but she is 35 and her life is very complicated. Who knows?

I am down (again) to 157.5, which is what I weighed at the beginning of May...and April....and March....

After three days of hard core, VERY low carb eating, my stix show no ketones. Whattup wid dat???