Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Sienna"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
As I knew I would be (because God forbid I should lose and keep it off-I weigh 4 pounds more than I did a month ago....) I am up a pound to 159.4.

Had a little higher cal day yesterday-was hungry but the cals were mostly from protein. Carbs came from cheese/dairy, but I may not have the right amount-probably lower, but the weight is up, isn't it-also stix are back to white AARRGHH!. Deli deluxe cheese is one carb per, I believe, but on ****** it shows as 2-I haven't gotten around to making a custom food. Anyway, here are the stats-if I'm supposed to have 1400 or less, I'm not doing so well. My average for 2 months is 1718, although my carbs average 5%. :

cals 1835
fat 64%
carbs 4% 17.7 gross
protein 32%

Gates, I agree that just eating the good stuff is the best way to go. However, when I weighed 220, I ate a very healthy diet, just too much, I guess and mixing fats and carbs....oh, and not enough exercise.

Donna,
Have you tried cutting out adding salt to your food? I've been doing that for about 2 weeks now because I hold a lot of water. Besides trying to lower your calories and exercise - and getting a doctor - I don't know what else to tell you.

What was going on in your life when you weighed over 200? You are a lot lighter now and you should be proud of that.

I had just a mix mash of food yesterday that I didn't even do ******. It's a pain when you make a homemade dish and have to create the food. Very time consuming. I've done alot so far but lately I could do it every day with what I'm eating.

B: 2 cheese dion mustard baked eggs
L: Salad w/Perdue chicken pieces and a mozz string cheese
S: beef stick
D: Indian Coconut Chicken small amt - salad - SF choc pudding - low carb almond lemon pound cake - 1 slice. Make it for boss and had a piece. It was good.
L: a couple of handfuls of cashews
Took 1 magnesium before bed time to elminiate the SF desserts

Still weigh 141 but with what I ate yesterday but didn't exercise, I half expected to be up 2 lbs. Had intentions to exercise, but then I decided to vaccuum and clean the kitchen tile floor. My friend is coming tonight and I am hoping we can exercise tonight. The last couple of times we set exercise dates - at either house - we end up talking and never get around to it
It's been rainy all week here and we can't do a walk a bout.[/COLOR]

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I suppose I could cut out salt, but I really don't add much to my food-sometimes none. I don't think that's a reason, but I'm grasping at straws here.
The big thing has got to be calories,

When I was fat, I was home with the kids and, being a gourmet cook, spending a lot of time cooking, and eating. My next door neighbor and I did quite a lot of wine drinking too.....

BTW, I just looked at your measurements. Mine are all larger than yours, yet I wear a 10. Must be the manufacturers differences...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Been catching up on the news....got to last one...and there it was my name...Where is Gaets....i'm here...

Been gone at my DD and SIL and GD..for 5 days...love to spend time with them..my GD is growing so fast don't want to miss on anything that goes with her...

You's girls been busy with your dilema of programs...can't blame you..it's all so complicated why our bodies fuctions the way it does...but in one thread you wrote about a research that was done saying that we shouldn't have to go through this ********...just eat all the good stuff and watch the sugar the white flour ....me personnaly...always was in calorie counting...and i've lost a lot of weight...with no problem as long as i was exercising....but the problem was i was counting all the wrong foods...so now i'm thinking ....going back to counting calories putting in all the good stuff..more veggie...never used to eat them..fruits never used to eat those either..more meats which i never ate much of that either...junk i did lots...everything coming out of a box...full of preservative and colorants and basically JUNK i would stay away from those.

As i'm writing this..that's the way i'm thinking of trying..to see how that would work for me...cause really think about it...vegies and fruits and meats...portion control...exercising ....can't go wrong with that it's the most natural way of living.

Well i've got to go to work...talk to you's later

Hang in there ladies..
Gaets,.
Hi Linda and Donna....

Tried my first experiment with counting calories ...i consumed 1635 calories minus 503 used in exercising (3 miles of walking + 30 minutes t-tapps)= 1132 and..... i had to many carbs...162 gram (suppose to stay between 50-80)...i know and it gave me a gain of 2 oz.( lucky me for now)...but i sank last night...had my ultimate favorite...bb-q corn chips..bad bad me TOM

But just to show.....i know i can do it that way ...but to lower my carbs that would be the only change..i'm going to give a week from there i'll see what comes out of it...

I'm glad i've got you two's to share with ...no friends of mine really cares about all of this..and they are all overweight..go figure

Later ladies ...

Gaets
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I suppose I could cut out salt, but I really don't add much to my food-sometimes none. I don't think that's a reason, but I'm grasping at straws here.
The big thing has got to be calories,

When I was fat, I was home with the kids and, being a gourmet cook, spending a lot of time cooking, and eating. My next door neighbor and I did quite a lot of wine drinking too.....

BTW, I just looked at your measurements. Mine are all larger than yours, yet I wear a 10. Must be the manufacturers differences...
I wish I had a next door neighbor to drink wine with. That would be cool. In this City, neighbors are known to be distant and not likely to want to socialize. Out of State people can't believe it. I've lived here all my life so I'm use to it.

I was on a Food Network cooking kick for months and I gained weight! It was fun while it lasted.

I shop in thrift shops alot these days because I don't need to dress up for work anymore and maybe the 12's I'm getting are teeny bopper clothes which would explain the difference. They are cut smaller. My 12 jeans are too big in the waist and rear but the 10's are too tight and show my saddle bags. In the WAY past, the 10's were fine except they were too short in the legs. Now they are too small in the thighs. Maybe I should try some jeans on in like Sears or other department stores in the ladies department to see if that's the difference.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

I think you might be right. Sometimes I will go to consignment shops and I usually need a larger size. Sizing has certainly changed. When I was in high school I weighed around 135 and wore a size 14, I believe. Now I weigh almost 160 and wear a 10!!! Can you say vanity sizing, anyone?

I think I just got lucky with my neighbor, and that neighborhood in MD. Everyone was new to the area, and it was a great neighborhood-we had neighborhood block parties, many of the women had a coffe klatsch-we really liked it there. Of course, in New England people are reticent, too, but I think it depends on the neighbors/neighborhood. Mine recently had a progressive dinner-we couldn't go to it.

Gaets-your calories are probably fine, even could have more with your exercising, but the carbs....
BUT you gained 2oz-I gained a pound WITH low carbs....
Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I've finally broken the 130 lb barrier. What did I change? Stopped drinking diet soda on a regular basis. Make sure I burn at least 300 calories during my workouts. Since I'm OWL, I am eating more carbs. I haven't been counting like I should, but I'm definitely staying under 40 and trying to stick to real foods (although I still eat diet jello). The dizziness stopped after 3 days of drinking more fluids. I'm under a lot of stress right now (isn't everyone) so that may come into play.

Hopefully I can keep going and get where I want.

And yes - women's sizes are just plain crazy! I tried getting into Junior size clothing that was a larger size than the Misses I am wearing and there was no room for my thighs. And I can't wear the same size skirt as jeans (the jeans have to be a size larger).

Last edited by AMonkey; 05-07-2009 at 10:19 PM..
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

BAck down to 157.4...

Had a nice big steak, 2 asparagus spears, and several glasses of red wine-gotta have red wine with a good steak...higher cals of course because of the wine.

cals 1901
fat 48%
carbs 5% 25.9 gross
protein 26%
alcohol 20%

Junior clothes are shaped different than Miss-probably in the places where it didn't fit
Old 05-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi Girls!

I weight the same. My BF came and I played the Beginner Callentics and we did the routine - not all the reps but a little of each. She is an avid walker but she had trouble with some of them - made me feel good. Every time I do the DVD it gets easier and I can do more. She came in limping a little because she strained the back of her knees walking. By the end of the DVD - she had no pain! After you do the DVD - it really makes you feel limber and you're not panting and sweating. I love the thigh exercises - I feel the burn.
I want to mix it up with cardio/step/weight resistant every other day. This bronchitis is persistent so I don't want to jump around. Going to see doc again this morning at 11:00. The antibiotics and other meds did not take the infection away. Allergies I have are just adding salt to the wound.

I just got Protein Power by Eades and enjoying it. Very informative and scientific. I got to up my protein. There is a chapter just how to calculate it and I need 62 grams of protein per day. It's so far like Atkins - only more defined. My ideal weight according to my tummy/hip/height/age come out to a range of 133-144 lbs. So, I am in range. They emphasize that the "weight" doesn't matter so much as how your body is proportioned. A pear shape (like me) - in middle age and turn to apple (tummy fat) which then puts me at risk for hbp, diabetes, heart disease. The risk factors for me when I took the diabetes risk factor is very high due to gestation diabetes and other factors - my doctor agrees. So, although my tummy isn't generally big - I can definitely inch pinch it and some nights it protrudes. By the next morning it flattens. So, the potential is there for it to get fat and cause problems healthwise.
[/COLOR]

[[COLOR="DarkRed"]So with 62 grams of protein a day - you divide it up to 3 meals for an estimate. The chart said that if I want eggs and cheese for breakfast - I should have 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites and 1 oz hard cheese. So, I just made myself a cheese omelet w/italian herbs fried in olive oil and a little ghee.

Well, gonna read some more and get read to go to doc. Later, Gators! [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda, i always enjoyed the protein shakes...i used to drink them when i was weight trainning...but your making me think i might just restart i still have some...and you do need your protein to rebuilt and protect your cells and i am weight trainning with t-tapps...

Hope everything is good at the doctors

Gaets
Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 AM   #730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My second day at calorie counting...

1339 cal - 642 on exercising = 697 calories for the day...and 162 carbs in my day... and manage to loose 1lb...back at 154.0...and i ate lots in my day wasn't hungry by the end of the day...and that's what make it all good...it's to be hungry at the end of the day...and gain the next day (that's the bummer)..i figure i need to eat more carbs to burn because of the exercise ....don't know anymore...i'm giving this calorie thing a try and we'll see....

Have a great day ladies

Last edited by mommy_gates; 05-08-2009 at 07:53 AM..
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #731
Senior LCF Member

Callenetics is tough! I remember trying it in the 1980's.

Are your shakes made with milk or soy? I stopped drinking my Adkins shakes - great protein and calorie ratio but the milk content doesn't work well with my digestion system. (Clogs up the works if you know what I mean.)

I get to have wine on Sunday. Yah! We're taking my Mother-in-law to an awesome restaurant for Mother's Day.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #732
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Callenetics is tough! I remember trying it in the 1980's.

Are your shakes made with milk or soy? I stopped drinking my Adkins shakes - great protein and calorie ratio but the milk content doesn't work well with my digestion system. (Clogs up the works if you know what I mean.)

I get to have wine on Sunday. Yah! We're taking my Mother-in-law to an awesome restaurant for Mother's Day.
[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Annette,

I have Whey (Milk) Protein vanilla flavored that I like to mix up with my instant Folgers in the morning and I have Soy Protein - plain - for when I make any low carb breads or muffins. It's a great source of protein without the carbs and fats.

I have the Beginner Callentics now that I'm doing. Some of them I am not up to the minimum but working on it. I have the 10/10 Callenetics on a shelf for later.

Still reading the Protein Power book - very educational. Working out my menu today. I have to plan on 62 grams of protein and 30 grams carbs.

This morning I had: 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white fried in ghee and olive oil w/thyme and 1 slice Pepperidge Farm CarbStyle Bread. I'm allowed snacks but I'll save 1 snack for bedtime snack and make it all protein.

Regarding the Protein Power Book - I never knew this but it is beneficial to work out on an empty stomach (2 hrs after your last meal) because it kicks in the GROWTH HORMONE that faciliates the weight loss and overall makes you younger. Alot of people think you should eat something carby before a work out but that actually inhibits the Growth Hormone from turning on. Also naturally, 2 hrs when you fall asleep - it kicks on to regenerate your muscles and tissues. So, if you eat before bed - make it just protein - like lunchmeat and cheese or cottage cheese alone.

The best type of exercise for this plan is WEIGHT resistant. So, I'm going to get my weights out today and work out and change it up w/callenetics.

WHERE'S DONNA?????? You are too quiet, girl! [/COLOR]
Old 05-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]My daughter got the teaching job in our hometown she wanted.

She had her final interview with the Superintendent yesterday morning! She is on cloud 9! It was her and 3 other applicants to the final selection process. She got a tour of the school and met and talked to the retiring FCS (Family Consumer Science) teacher. Guess what my daughter will be teaching next August - NUTRITION! I don't even want to go there with her. Her and I disagree.

She graduates on Monday and the ceremonies are held at the Valley Forge Convention Center!

Now she's got a graduation party to plan w/me and news on the house her and her finacee want to buy and a wedding to plan. Busy Busy! [/COLOR]
Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I bet you are so proud and happy for your daughter-congratulations!!

When I exercised before, I always did it on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.

Had dress rehearsal last night, and performance tonight-Beethoven's Ninth Symphony (Choral). We are invited guest performer with the orchestra whose 60th anniversary it is. A compliment to us, and we can always use the money!

Had some vodka when I got home-medicinal purposes of course, so it brought my cals up-carbs were very low. Stx was white again today, but I am only up .1, which I consider nothing. Today will be low carbs again, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. DH gave me two dozen gorgeous bi colored roses-I told him I wanted jewelry...

Metamucil still doesn't seem to be making things move....

cals 1603
fat 36%
carbs 1%
protein 31%
alcohol 32%
Old 05-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,

Congrats on your singing invitation!!! It sounds like a big deal and you must be a professional - are you famous and I don't know it?

Are you constipated? I was wondering why you were taking it. Of course, I think everyone needs fiber for low carb woes. Take 2 magnesiums before you go to bed tonight - and you'll wake up lighter! Drink lots of water to make up for the medicine drinks because you know alcohol dehyrates you. Also, the ketones that form (partially processed burned off fats) need to flush out or they float around your body.

Had Perdue chicken breast strips on romaine lettuce for lunch.

Snack: 3 oz muenster cheese.

Supper: willl be large homemade cheeseburger on grill w/sauteed mushrooms and green beans.

It's weird having 30 grams of carbs to work with. I'm under that so far (not a problem) and my protein is high - though that's ok - the book gives the minimum protein grams for your body weight/height/measurments so at least I know I'll be getting 62 grams or more today. I'm up to 61.5 grams of protein without having supper yet.Since I'm planning on working out with weights - I could use the extra protein anyway.

Yeah, I didn't know about empty stomach being better. So, I'll figure on working out 2 hrs after supper or at least before I go to bed. I'll try the kick butt Jillian Michaels Target Zones DVD for doing at least some of them. If I do a little of each one of hers - that'll be more than enough for my speed. [/COLOR]
Old 05-09-2009, 02:40 PM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I'm just taking it cuz I am eating so low carb. As a matter of fact, just had a successful visit to the bathroom....I've been taking one magnesium at night for a while now.

No, I'm just one of 180 dedicated singers....
Old 05-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, I'm just taking it cuz I am eating so low carb. As a matter of fact, just had a successful visit to the bathroom....I've been taking one magnesium at night for a while now.

No, I'm just one of 180 dedicated singers....
[COLOR="DarkRed"]You're being modest - you must be REAL GOOD!

Yeah, I know you're taking magnesium - didn't know you were doing it before bed and take (2) if you're constipated. Glad you got the job done!

I did the warm up of Jillian Michaels which puts me out of breath, my GAWD! - jumping jacks, jumping rope (without the rope), pretend skating, arm winding in 5 set circuits! That's just warm up. Then I picked the arms and thighs with weights in lunges and that was it - done - started sweating - out of breath - felt like hurting her badly Mike comes in to watch and I'm done!

I like the ideas I'm getting from doing the weights so next time I'll do half the warm up so I don't tired out and pick just 1 of the target areas. I don't know how anyone could do her whole 40 min DVD straight thru. She's a masochist!(sp?) So, 20 mins with her is: [COLOR="Red"]e n o u g h[/COLOR] !

I took a shower and now I'm treating myself to cold SF jello! That's my incentive to work out - pathetic, hey?
[/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2009, 05:05 AM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

We're ALL real good! Did I tell you that we were one of only two American groups (the other group was with us) that were invited to perform at the Cultural Olympics in Beijing last year?

Fine performance. Now we are done for the year except for re-auditioning, which we must do every 2 years. Not looking forward to it, but that's what keeps the integrity of the group.

Low cals and carbs except for the hot toddy (s) when I got home. Not sure what today holds. I told my daughter to go easy for brunch, but then there's the champagne...

So, the WARMUP is killer??? Is she the one on the biggest loser? Linda, if you're exercising I guess I better "sack up" and get going too...I really need work on my arms, they are really jiggly. I remember when I was tight and toned...

I think you mean she's a sadist..

Last edited by Scotty; 05-10-2009 at 05:43 AM..
Old 05-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We're ALL real good! Did I tell you that we were one of only two American groups (the other group was with us) that were invited to perform at the Cultural Olympics in Beijing last year?
Donna:

Still...individually, you must be good to be with them all. Congrats!

Sadist? I dunno - whatever word describes a person that treats pain like it's an aphrodisiac! Yeah, she's the biggest loser gal.

I'm down 1/2 lb ! A breakthrough considering my scale didn't move down any further than 141.6 for 2-3 weeks. The differences I made yesterday to deserve such a 1/2 lb. reward are:

1) For some reason, drinking my 8 glasses of water came easy yesterday - I even cut down on the salt.

2) Started taking Twin Lab Liquid Potassium - 99 mg 1 teas. yesterday morning. Between the water yesterday and potassium - my foot and leg cramps should not be a problem.

3) Started the Eades Protein Power. Ate more than enough protein and a little less carbs than 30 allowed. I felt I ate more yesterday than for the past 4 months.

4) Did 20 min of hard core sadist exercises with my friend Jillian.

My eats of yesterday....

1) Breakfast: 1 whole egg plus 1 egg of whites only - fried in ghee and olive oil. 1 piece of Pepperidge Farm Carbsmart toast w/ghee.

2) Lunch: 3 oz. Chicken breast on 1 cup salad w/2 Tbsp. Newman's Own Italian Dressing

3) Snack: 4 oz. muenster cheese

4) Dinner: cheese hamburger w/o roll w/mushrooms and hot sauce and 1 cup of string beans.

5) Snack: 1/2 cup SF Strawberry Jello and 2 large slices of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese. 1/2 can Diet Rite - no alkie last night.

****** figs:

Protein: 110 grams (I must have at least 62 grams daily)
Carbs: 21.7 (allowed 30)
Calories: 1423
Fat: 98.3 grams

[COLOR="Black"]Now, I'm going to make: 1 egg + 1 egg white and 1 piece of low carb bread and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese
Just woke up - it's almost noon and I'm having breakfast now!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-10-2009 at 09:19 AM..
Old 05-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

How wonderful! Congratulations to you and your family. Now is the perfect time to buy a house - low interest - low prices and the 8 thousand first time buyer tax incentive.

I've got to read the Protein Power book - good info!

Happy Mother's Day!

BTW - I have a friend with 2 boxers and they are such sweet hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]My daughter got the teaching job in our hometown she wanted.

She had her final interview with the Superintendent yesterday morning! She is on cloud 9! It was her and 3 other applicants to the final selection process. She got a tour of the school and met and talked to the retiring FCS (Family Consumer Science) teacher. Guess what my daughter will be teaching next August - NUTRITION! I don't even want to go there with her. Her and I disagree.

She graduates on Monday and the ceremonies are held at the Valley Forge Convention Center!

Now she's got a graduation party to plan w/me and news on the house her and her finacee want to buy and a wedding to plan. Busy Busy! [/COLOR]
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #741
Senior LCF Member

My arms and thighs are my biggest challenge. And the tummy thing - Wah! it used to be flat and I took it for granted.

Someone at work told me the extra arm skin would never snap back - is this true? Please say "No!"

Olympics! Wow!

Annette

Quote:

Fine performance. Now we are done for the year except for re-auditioning, which we must do every 2 years. Not looking forward to it, but that's what keeps the integrity of the group.

Low cals and carbs except for the hot toddy (s) when I got home. Not sure what today holds. I told my daughter to go easy for brunch, but then there's the champagne...

So, the WARMUP is killer??? Is she the one on the biggest loser? Linda, if you're exercising I guess I better "sack up" and get going too...I really need work on my arms, they are really jiggly. I remember when I was tight and toned...

Old 05-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #742
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congradulation Linda on your daughter achievement....you must be so proud..

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

Enjoy we'll get back into our programs tomorrow.

Gaets
Old 05-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Happy Mother's Day to Everyone too!

Daughter bought me a basket of flowers and the 3 of us went to see the Star Trek movie - just came back. I'm not a Trekkie but I liked this one and it's the first one I understand! I must be maturing!

Funny - I never had problems with my arms - they look like they did when I was in my 20's. The fat rolls downwards for me and deposits in saddlebags like the ole WEST.

The doc's office I went to Friday for my prolonged bronchitis prescribed another 10 days of antibiotics and Singular (allergies). 2 set of antibiotics is normal when I get this. This time, however, I refused to be put on Steroids that make me gain weight. I didn't work 4 months on losing the last sterioid episode to go backwards! Besides, steroids don't work anyway and make me cranky and I lose sleep. I'm feeling a little lightheaded from the meds and probably should get off the puter and take a Mother's Day nap.

I'll change my avatar to my darling Boxer girl. She's the photogenic one of us!

Later girls zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[/COLOR]
Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #744
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna - where are you?

[COLOR="Blue"]Yayyyy! Down to 140.5 lbs !!! FINALLY!

So far, this Protein Power is working. It's confusing as to why I'm losing - because I'm eating more carbs and it's like Atkins OWL phase. 1/2 lb. lost 2 days in a row.

Granted yesterday, I didn't eat much but I wasn't hungry.

Food I had yesterday:

B: 1 egg plus 1 egg white, low carb bread, 1/4 cup cottage cheese
L: Frozen chicken pattie (no breading) and 1 cup salad
D: 4 oz muenster cheese and 3 slices of Oscar Meyer bologna (pork + chicken minced meat).

****** Figs:

Calories: 1179
Carbs: 11.8 ( I couldn't think of more carbs to eat without upping my protein which already it's high)
Protein: 73.7 grams (need at least 62 grams daily)
Fat: 91.8 grams

Percentages: 70% fat, Protein: 26%, Carbs: 4%.

Drank alot of water yesterday and more de-caf coffee instead of regular and took my 99 mg potassium.

What's nice about this plan is that I get to chose the carbs - I could have crackers or fruit - as long as I don't eat more than 10 grams of carbs at 1 meal. I have a watermelon in the fridge that needs to be cut up that I'd love to eat but I have to check the carb count. I absolutely adore watermelon above all fruit. Strawberries comes in 2nd So, if not watermelon, perhaps, I'll have to settle for raspberries or strawberries until next phase when I can go 55 grams of carbs.

The plan is more harmonious to what I like to eat rather than South Beach. I can have my ghee and whole fat cheese and low carb bread and all those recipes that Linda Sue has provided for us. More food recipes for me to choose from than what I got out of South Beach. I found South Beach to be too confusing and I wasn't going anywhere. Sorry, doc, but I must control my carbs or else I can't get to 135. On South Beach, I was allowed yogurt but that did me no good with 18 grams of carbs.
[/COLOR]
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, sounds like this one is working for you! YAY!

I think watermelon is one of the highest carb fruits. Sorry...

I had high cals and high carbs yesterday, mostly from the wine....
Daughter, SIL, Grandson and I walked (about 1.4 mi) to a lovely little restaurant for a delicious brunch-I had the "Tuscan Sun" frittata-artichokes, goat cheese and red peppers-very good and low carb! Two huge capuccinos-whole milk...Had a bite of toast and one piece of roasted potato. BUT HAD to have a tiny taste of Beth's "Dearly Departed"-peanut butter, banana and bacon on thick bread that was impregnated with peanut chips, made as French toast, along with "bacon brittle"-a slice of bacon with hardened sugar. Named for Elvis... Decadent and delish. The waitress said nobody had ever finished it. I told her she didn't know our family...

Walked home and helped her do a bit of gardening, and played with Maxwell. It was a good day.

Had a huge delmonico steak for dinner, champagne and red wine. Over 2000 cals and almost 60 carbs, mostly from the wine and the milk in the coffee. Didn't weigh or stik today, but back on the program and off the booze for a few days!!!

Last edited by Scotty; 05-11-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Old 05-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, sounds like this one is working for you! YAY!

I think watermelon is one of the highest carb fruits. Sorry...

I had high cals and high carbs yesterday, mostly from the wine....
Daughter, SIL, Grandson and I walked (about 1.4 mi) to a lovely little restaurant for a delicious brunch-I had the "Tuscan Sun" frittata-artichokes, goat cheese and red peppers-very good and low carb! Two huge capuccinos-whole milk...Had a bite of toast and one piece of roasted potato. BUT HAD to have a tiny taste of Beth's "Dearly Departed"-peanut butter, banana and bacon on thick bread that was impregnated with peanut chips, made as French toast, along with "bacon brittle"-a slice of bacon with hardened sugar. Named for Elvis... Decadent and delish. The waitress said nobody had ever finished it. I told her she didn't know our family...

Walked home and helped her do a bit of gardening, and played with Maxwell. It was a good day.

Had a huge delmonico steak for dinner, champagne and red wine. Over 2000 cals and almost 60 carbs, mostly from the wine and the milk in the coffee. Didn't weigh or stik today, but back on the program and off the booze for a few days!!!
[COLOR="Blue"]The above restaurant meal I assume was breakfast? OMG - they should call it "cardiac toast". See what carbs did to Elvis? He looked like a blow fish before his untimely death. That's what carbs do for ya!

Got thru my daughters graduation and we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Had 1/2 chicken, a spoonful of green beans (don't like bacon w/canned green beans) and a nice house salad. During salad daughter and I started in on the pros and cons of carbs. Of course, I already had a Manhattan belted down. Husband shoosh me before I stood up on the table and announced how bad carbs are and that my daughter will be teaching according to the lying US Food Pyramid and how I think it should be upside down and how obesity is rambid because of it ! SO THERE!

DH at graduation while seeing me walk towards him with my 13 yr old Size 10 dress said I can stop losing weight now - I'm looking very thin. I said "nahhhh". I make a good imitation of a sheep I'll have you know. tee hee
[/COLOR]
Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everybody??

At 158.3...all I seem to do is lose a bit, have some social event that involves eating and drinking-like this Friday coming up-and gain it all back.... GRRRR...remember, I started this in January at 164....

Linda, I've read alot about what all the "experts" say about low carbs and diets in general. Some are saying it works and give Atkins a bit of credit, but his research doesn't seem to mean much with them.

Last edited by Scotty; 05-13-2009 at 04:25 AM..
Old 05-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Everyone!

Yeah, we all were quiet yesterday.

I've read in the Protein Power book that low carb, high protein diets were 1st written about in 1860 and then later but because they were not doctors - they were not taken seriously; then Atkins came alone. Since he was a doctor - and he got some info from an early writer - and tried it himself - he wrote on it and was taken seriously but at a time where American was embracing low fat/high carb because of some doctor that had a cholesteral problem and wrote and won the USDA's hearts w/eliminating fat and eating grains. Atkins stirred up a lot of controversy and still is today. Protein Power is like the middle ground of Atkins and South Beach.

Here are yesterdays figures. I weight the same today.

B: coffee
L: ham and cheese w/may on low carb wrap
D: ham on salad w/blue cheese dressing
Snack: 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 cup Raspberries

******: Calories 1063, Fat: 71, Carb: 28, Pro: 60.5

Pretty close to what Protein Power says I should be: 30 carbs/62 grams protein

I didn't exercise last night - busy making soup, ghee and SF Strawberry Jello.

Tonight I'm making a flank steak dry barb-q rub on grill w/grilled peppers, onions and tomatoes for my own version of a Fajita. Yummmm![/COLOR]
Old 05-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, are you hungry on those cals?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, are you hungry on those cals?
No, not hungry, a non-hungry day!

Today, Boss and I went out to lunch in an outdoor cafe' - had breaded cod, coleslaw, antipasto skewer, 1 Manhattan, 2 Blueberry Chaborneey's!

Don't E V E N wants to do ******!