Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, are you enjoying the SB more than the Atkins?

Stats from yesterday:
cals-1727 due to spareribs-glad they're gone!
fat-73%
carbs 1% !!! 6.4 gross-no veg at all
protein 26%

and.......UP 1.2 to 159.2!!! AARRRGGGHHH!
Measurements are either the same or up, including my neck ! Thigh tops,forearm (like that matters) and upper arms appear to be down slightly

Been eating the Stella "goldfish", and I guess since they are made w/processed cheese, maybe not "legal"-but it's a matter of 2 slices....I just don't know.

And how was your day, ladies???

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 05-03-2009 at 04:47 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Red"]WARNING: This is going to be a long one! Grab your coffee and relax.[/COLOR]

Donna, that's a good question SB or Atkins?

I have been fighting with myself on this for days. Yesterday I went thru my weekly routine of looking at my cookbooks to plan next week's meals. Then, from that, I make up my grocery list. It's like a part of me says that South Beach is healthier w/the lower fat, lower dairy and in Phase 3 - no food is forbidden but you have to make sure you are not gaining but there are no parameters to work with other than that. My body is saying: there are more delicious food recipes that are satisfying on Atkins and I could eventually have low carb bread/pasta. By the way, 5 yrs ago when I did Atkins and lost a ton of weight - I ate the low carb bread and pasta and still lost weight.

South Beach Phase 2 - it would have been great if I could feel comfortable eating a slice of whole grain bread once a day and a piece of fruit. But the SB boards don't recommend it yet. I get the feeling I would go back up to 150 lbs if I did. So, I'm still on strict SB Phase basically from what I'm eating. Evenutally on Atkins - Maintenance - you can eat alot of things too that you can't on Induction or OWL - so it's pretty healthy then except if saturated fats are BAD - I don't know anymore. There's agruments on both sides.

I didn't do the SB Induction pure - I had some adult beverages which were forbidden so maybe that screwed up the promise that after Induction, my body would process carbs better.

I read a thread here on Low Carb Friends that someone was doing strict Atkins for months and couldn't lose and someone said that for her, she had carbed up 1 day a week and then she would lose and she still does it. She's about your age, Donna.

For the life of me, I cannot see why you are not losing weight. Yes, you sometimes have a drink but you should be losing at least 2-3 lbs a week anyway. When I was on Atkins 72 for a week - 1 lost 6 lbs even having a drink after the 4th day and it stuck until I went on South Beach and gained 4 of the 6 lbs in a week - then it dropped down. But I didn't lose any since and now with TOM I'm still up 2 lbs.

I doubt much if I'm going to lose on SB like I did on Atkins but that's me and my metabolism. Donna, why don't you try South Beach for 2 weeks to see if maybe you are like some people that need a little more carbs to lose. You did lose on WW, right? That woe has carbs.

Last night, I did a hr long metabolism test online. The results is that I'm a protein person - need red meats and seafood w/fat, less greens and cauliflower stabilize my blood sugar. It is ONLY when I eat fat when my appetite is satiated. Since SB - I am hungry. My metabolism and digestive system is almost too fast that when I eat green veggies like salads - it's like my stomach doesn't register anything but the meats w/fat do. If I eat just veggies, I am hungry. If I eat just fruit, I get shaky and need food fast. I must always have a protein with anything I eat. Like Cheese and fruit together. Pancakes with meat. One time when I ate just pancakes and went grocery shopping, I, all of a sudden broke out in sweats and was starving and shaking. I had to sit down at their lunch section and order up a bunch of food. I thought I was going to faint!

Then I think of the time that I was on Blood Type diet - I was to eat mainly meat and seafood w/veggies, including beets (starchy) and lots of veggies and could have spelt bread or Ezekiel bread whole grain, so I did. I did not lose a lb. It was the grains and the starchy veggies.

On South Beach - it recommends that you eat the low glycemic level fruits and veggies - which is fine. But the whole grain foods - would stall me or make me gain so what is the advantage of me being on SB?

If I go back on Atkins - I will keep it secret from my family. They will have a fit if they find out I switched again. You, on the other hand might want to experiment with South Beach for 2 weeks. What have you got to lose except possible lbs. Besides, I think you need a break.

I know I've said this many times before: Donna, why don't you get a physical and get your thyroid checked and also have him check for diabetes? At least you could eliminate those possibilities if they come up normal and if they don't - then you know the reasons why you aren't losing quickly. If it's diabetes, then you would be insulin resistant. Thyroid issues make it hard to lose weight.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 05-03-2009 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: add on
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=atkinsgoddess;11919437]Linda, are you enjoying the SB more than the Atkins? In a word, NO.

QUOTE]

Read my analysis below!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, very interesting. You are very good at analyzing. When you were born??

And I don't have "a" drink, I have many...:blush:

I'll take another look at the SB, but as I recall when I read it a couple weeks ago, it just didn't appeal to me. And then of course I'd have to restock the fridge again...

Can you lead me to that metabolism website?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, very interesting. You are very good at analyzing. When you were born??

And I don't have "a" drink, I have many...:blush:

I'll take another look at the SB, but as I recall when I read it a couple weeks ago, it just didn't appeal to me. And then of course I'd have to restock the fridge again...

Can you lead me to that metabolism website?
I've also just added another paragraph to my long one. Read it. I'll look up the website....just a min.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:16 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I've also just added another paragraph to my long one. Read it. I'll look up the website....just a min.
It's here:

Home | RxAlternativeMedicine.com

You have to put in your name/address/phone # but it's free. Of course, they would like you to buy their supplements but I'm not. I take enough stuff.

I just realized that my diareahh (sp?) yesterday was because of the SF candy! I was blaming it on the magnesium. Sometimes I do overdo mag. and I get the same results too. But not this time.

Besides, us cutting out the adult drinks (and I have more than 1 too) and excercising more - I don't know much more we can do except me going back on Atkins and you trying South Beach. - it'd be like a role reversal, a GRAND EXPERIMENT!

So, not to waste food, you might want to use up the food first or give it to your husband.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another thought for me is to do what my doc said was an option:

He said that if I don't want to do South Beach, do a modified Atkins - in that I include BEANS. That is what the metabolism profile said - beans as my sub category which is 5. My metabolic Primary is 2. Beans at least digest slowly and fill you. I have alot of dry beans at home from my Indian cooking stage so at least I could use them up this way. I will think on that more....hmmm: my brain is smoking today!
Old 05-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

I started the assessment, but it talked about "purchased". Since they have my info, I am reluctant to go further. It doesn't say anything about "free". Please advise.

I am going to have grilled chix breasts and a big artichoke for supper with lots of butter. Bad girl, but I love artichokes and I don't want them to go bad.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #699
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I started the assessment, but it talked about "purchased". Since they have my info, I am reluctant to go further. It doesn't say anything about "free". Please advise.

I am going to have grilled chix breasts and a big artichoke for supper with lots of butter. Bad girl, but I love artichokes and I don't want them to go bad.
Yeah, I've seen that and it also says $00. They don't have your credit card number so they can't charge you. They're talking about their other services like supplements. it' supposed to be free and I think it is.

I tried making artichokes a little while ago and I just steamed it but it was like eating wood. Threw it out. How do you do them? What do you do with the petals? Eat them whole? Maybe I didn't steam them enough.

Don't bother making the Stella's Hamburger Stroganoff. I just did and it was so plain and bland. It didn't even make sense to brown your hamburger, mushrooms and just add that jar beef broth and then just add your sour cream with NO LIQUID! So, I added a little water and then thickened it with arrowroot to make a gravy but still it was plain. Husband had a bite and gave his portion to the dog. My daughter ate it and said "not bad" but nobody liked it. I also made the Faux Rice Pilaf to go with it and that was bad.

If you make anything from that cookbook that's good, let me know and I'll let you know.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

I cut off the stem, and also about an inch from the top of the artichoke, and cut off the tips of the leaves with scissors-about .5 inch, rubbing them with lemon juice or dipping them in the juice. I used to take the choke out, but now I don't bother any more, and have all get rid of their own choke. I steam them for around 30-45 minutes, until a knife inserted in comes out easily, and they feel tender. Sometimes they take longer than others. They are very filling and we all love them.

You pull the leaves from the main veg. and scrape the bottom of the leaf between your teeth to get the meat. When they are gone, pull off the "cone" of little leaves and dip them, then scrape out the hairy choke, and then cut up and enjoy the "heart". YUM!

BUT, it makes my stats thus-I just had chicken and artichokes today with butter of course, plus a couple "goldfish",

OH! and how do I count Metamucil?? I does have carbs...

Concerned about your lack of enthusiasm for Stella recipes. He's a chef and I expected all to be good.

cals-987
fat-43%
carbs-7%-uh, oh, haven't had that much in probably 3 weeks! 19.6 gross, fiber 9.1
Protein-50% Yowza!! 118.3 gms.

I think the percentages are a little off because the cals are low. What can I have to up the fat??

Last edited by Scotty; 05-03-2009 at 04:44 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #701
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: asedai
Hey all I am just starting down this road and still trying to figure out what I can eat and what I can't. I am still in the "nibbling" stage from quitting smoking. I have gained about 20 pounds since I quit smoking last October. I already had weight to lose at that point! But I did figure that the smoking was the most important and that I would deal with the weight issue later. Well.....now is later. So I need to lose about 30 pounds and it feels like it might as well be 300 pounds I NEED to nibble still....LOL! Trying to eat salads with slight amount of low cal italian or green beans/veggies. I have stopped gaining weight (thankfully) but I am not losing any now either. I was using the glycemic index I think it was....Could have 9 carbs a day. But the carbs for an example were counted as 1 slice of bread was 1 carb and so on. How are you guys counting carbs? Looking at what you guys eat...I feel like I am gonna starve LOL! I am not hungry in the morning but having diabetic issues my dr. said I needed to eat. But I still don't eat or eat a bite or two in the morning. I am fine all day with what I eat...it is after dinner later in the evening that gets me. I am gonna have to start going to bed at 10 p.m. just so I don't eat! Nice to be here and I hope I get to know all of you.
asedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome asedai!
Sounds like you need to go over the different eating plans here. Most of us do Atkins, and there is a thread on it and the 72 version which I would link to if I knew how. Salads won't fill you up. It really helps to eat throughout the day, that way your sugar doesn't spike. Lots of help here, so keep coming!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Well, after my extremely low cal, high-er (19) carb day, I AM UP TO 159.2!!! I can't win, and I think I will stop weighing for a few days. Linda, I will make an appt with the doc when I get a chance, but this is just freaky!!! On 4/5/09 I was 155.6....

Last edited by Scotty; 05-04-2009 at 04:24 AM..
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everybody??
Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'll be accountable to myself...
cals-1365
fat-58%
carbs-3%-8.9 gross
protein-40%

Maybe I'll lose tomorrow??? It couldn't get any worse...
Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asedai View Post
Hey all I am just starting down this road and still trying to figure out what I can eat and what I can't. I am still in the "nibbling" stage from quitting smoking. I have gained about 20 pounds since I quit smoking last October. I already had weight to lose at that point! But I did figure that the smoking was the most important and that I would deal with the weight issue later. Well.....now is later. So I need to lose about 30 pounds and it feels like it might as well be 300 pounds I NEED to nibble still....LOL! Trying to eat salads with slight amount of low cal italian or green beans/veggies. I have stopped gaining weight (thankfully) but I am not losing any now either. I was using the glycemic index I think it was....Could have 9 carbs a day. But the carbs for an example were counted as 1 slice of bread was 1 carb and so on. How are you guys counting carbs? Looking at what you guys eat...I feel like I am gonna starve LOL! I am not hungry in the morning but having diabetic issues my dr. said I needed to eat. But I still don't eat or eat a bite or two in the morning. I am fine all day with what I eat...it is after dinner later in the evening that gets me. I am gonna have to start going to bed at 10 p.m. just so I don't eat! Nice to be here and I hope I get to know all of you.
Welcome

By not eating, your body stores fat. A great percentage of overweight and even obese people are not overeating but undereating. Because you have diabetes, your blood sugar will rise and your metabolism will slow down. I agree with Donna, eat small meals every 3 hrs or so and don't skip breakfast since you need to watch your blood sugar especially. I don't always eat breakfast and tend to be a night eater too but if I had diabetes, I would be concerned with skipping breakfast My boss has diabetes II - just recently diagnosed and I keep telling him the same advice. On Atkins (I recently switched to South Beach) - we count carbs as they are actually in food per the nutrition label and track it on ******.com. Atkins - 2001 Version - 20 grams of carbs per day.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, after my extremely low cal, high-er (19) carb day, I AM UP TO 159.2!!! I can't win, and I think I will stop weighing for a few days. Linda, I will make an appt with the doc when I get a chance, but this is just freaky!!! On 4/5/09 I was 155.6....
Good girl! Make that appointment. It is freaky.

Was a busy girl today and it's now 11:40 p.m. Waiting for my DD to get home from college. She had to go there today for practice graduation ceremonies and then helped her roommates clean the apartment She said she'd be home by 10:00.

Her finacee was in a car accident today - hit a tree - his meds are making him too sleepy. He's ok but his practically new car is smashed. His next appt w/doc is next month but he better call him right away. He is very stubborn and won't listen to my daughters advice.

You took that saliva test for candida, right and it came up negative?
Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 AM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, glad fiance is ok, but what a shame...

Back down to 158.1....stix are in "trace" area. tonight the branch mgr is taking the "girls" out to say goodbye to the gal who got laid off. Something else to sabotage me. I will try to drink club soda or only one vodka, and stay away from the nibbles...yeah, that'll be easy....

I just spit into a glass of water. How long do I wait and what should it look like? That post was many pages ago! I have kind of a mucus-y throat to begin with, which certainly doesn't help me as a singer...
Old 05-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, glad fiance is ok, but what a shame...

Back down to 158.1....stix are in "trace" area. tonight the branch mgr is taking the "girls" out to say goodbye to the gal who got laid off. Something else to sabotage me. I will try to drink club soda or only one vodka, and stay away from the nibbles...yeah, that'll be easy....

I just spit into a glass of water. How long do I wait and what should it look like? That post was many pages ago! I have kind of a mucus-y throat to begin with, which certainly doesn't help me as a singer...
I was thinking this morning when I got up that maybe that scale of yours is wacko. Think about it...you haven't had so much problem with the scale moving up since you've bought this one and we already know that part of it doesn't work. Wouldn't that be the craziest thing if it was the scale and not you!

Well, stik are trace. At least it's something even after you had carbs the other day. There is a Bacardi rum out there that is SUGAR FREE! I'll get back on you on that name - I just found out yesterday when I was talking on line at another thread. That would be great - SF rum and diet coke! I'm going to try it.

Yes, it true that you have an active social life but that's a good thing. But, what good is it to be thin and not go out anywhere to show off?!

Boss as of yesterday lost 27 lbs since 2/23 on Atkins - he even cheats on the weekends and when he has to see his family for events. His wife and kids are Baptists and SUGAR is their cocaine. He doesn't have a prayer!

I'm back down to 141 this morning. Dang, if that scale ever shows 140 or below. If it doesn't soon, I'm going to throw it out the window and get me one that does! Perhaps yours and mine could meet up.

Oh, about the Candida test.

1) Spit in a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
2) If within an hour, it sinks to the bottom or you see tendrils floating down - you have a Candida overload. Dr A says it's difficult to lose weight when you have that. There are good supplements for that and you must stay away from vinegar, booze, cheese and a bunch of things. I have info on it in case any of you are interested.

I did the test - my tongue was coated white - an indicator - and my spit came down like a marble - blop! So, I took a herbal cleanse and watched those things that feed the yeast critters and I was over it in 3 weeks and the lbs came off I re-tested recently and it came up negative. But now that I'm done taking antibiotics, I should re-test it. It probably is back.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 AM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

The first time I did it I guess you could say tendrils went down-kind of a wispy cloud thing. Second time it stay up the top and slowly glopped down. I didn't watch it for an hour. I will try again tomorrow. Oh, good, stay away from booze and cheese...what else??

The scale works for hubby...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The first time I did it I guess you could say tendrils went down-kind of a wispy cloud thing. Second time it stay up the top and slowly glopped down. I didn't watch it for an hour. I will try again tomorrow. Oh, good, stay away from booze and cheese...what else??

The scale works for hubby...
Donna: if you have tendrils or globs that go down within a hr - you have Candida overload. Here's the website: Yeast and Candidiasis | RxAlternativeMedicine.com

The above will tell you what not to eat.

The Bacardi that is SF and Zero Carbs is: Bacardi Superiour. Try it!

Basically, what I did was just eat meat and salads with lemon and olive oil.
I took the QuickCleanse for Yeast and in 3 weeks it was gone. I know you don't like salads so there are other things to eat besides salad - like veggies but not starchy - which turns into sugar and feed on yeast. It will clear out the gook in your throat and you'll sing better!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

I'll take a look, but I'm basically just eating protein and salads as it is, now, and have been for ages. No sugar, either, which is a big part of it, as I read.

I don't really have any of the symptons, though..says main causes are diet high in sugar and refined products (no) and antibiotics (no)

I'll stick to the vodka-no carbs or sugar either. I do like rum and soda, though...

Last edited by Scotty; 05-05-2009 at 07:43 AM..
Old 05-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I'm back and feeling much better. I have a new doctor that I really like. As I need to fast, I haven't gone for the blood tests. Drinking more fluids is now a top priority.

Dieting is difficult when your family is not behind you. My husband came to the realization that he had been eating "whatever he wanted" and not thought about the affect it was having on me. He's super supportive - makes my deviled eggs and cooks meat even when he's eating something different for dinner.

It's a challenge putting the carbs back into the diet. On low carb - you can eat much more than you can once you start eating more carbs. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

I upped my workout to 300+ calories per workout and have noticed a difference in the inches - and about a lb loss. I think our bodies adjust to what we're doing and we have to change things up. I'm wondering if that's what happens by staying on induction for a long time - your body just adjusts. My coworker has stayed on induction since she started last year. She's not losing any weight.

I'm getting a bike this weekend! I'm so excited. I'll have the hub take a picture and I'll post it.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I'm back and feeling much better. I have a new doctor that I really like. As I need to fast, I haven't gone for the blood tests. Drinking more fluids is now a top priority.

Dieting is difficult when your family is not behind you. My husband came to the realization that he had been eating "whatever he wanted" and not thought about the affect it was having on me. He's super supportive - makes my deviled eggs and cooks meat even when he's eating something different for dinner.

It's a challenge putting the carbs back into the diet. On low carb - you can eat much more than you can once you start eating more carbs. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

I upped my workout to 300+ calories per workout and have noticed a difference in the inches - and about a lb loss. I think our bodies adjust to what we're doing and we have to change things up. I'm wondering if that's what happens by staying on induction for a long time - your body just adjusts. My coworker has stayed on induction since she started last year. She's not losing any weight.

I'm getting a bike this weekend! I'm so excited. I'll have the hub take a picture and I'll post it.
Lots of good news from you - I'm glad you are feeling better. Are you moving to OWL now? Let us know your blood test results as soon as you know, okey doke?

Your coworker isn't losing weight - for how long? Staying on Induction for a year I think is too much. I hope she's taking alot of supplements. Does she exercise?

Have fun with your new bike! Does your doctor have some idea why you were not feeling well or is he not saying anything until the results come in. You were getting dizzy spells, right?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just a curious person, I guess. [/COLOR]
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'll take a look, but I'm basically just eating protein and salads as it is, now, and have been for ages. No sugar, either, which is a big part of it, as I read.

I don't really have any of the symptons, though..says main causes are diet high in sugar and refined products (no) and antibiotics (no)

I'll stick to the vodka-no carbs or sugar either. I do like rum and soda, though...
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, something is going on that my brain cannot decipher at this point about why you aren't losing. Did you make that doctor's appointment?

What I did was call up docs office, told the lady at the office I want a physical and that I am on Atkins and cannot lose weight I want a complete nutrition workup, lipids, complete and accurate thyroid test - the whole shabamm. Then, I said I'll make the appointment after I get the lab test done. It's good I did that because my liver and red blood cells are strange and the doc doesn't know exactly what it means so he wants to retest me in 3 months. He thinks it may be a B12 deficiency on the red blood cells (enemia and enlarged) and the liver isn't processing quite right so that could be the cholesteral pills that sometimes causes liver damage. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"]Most people dont' realize they have Candida overload and most people don't get radical symtoms unless it's severe and they grow hair on their tongue But as long as your doc runs blood tests, he can also check for candida and prescibe Nystatin to kill it quick. Having candida overload can impede weight loss. Read what Dr Atkins says on it in the DANDR book. There's a separate chapter on it.[/COLOR]
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM   #716
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I am between docs and have to choose a new one. It may take a while.

Had a good time at the going away party last night. It was at a really good, cool seafood restaurant that is part of a restaraunt group n the Hartford area. I "almost" had my fill of oysters. If not for them, my carbs would have been pretty good, even with the wine and vodka. I had a couple sweet potato fries, and some wonderful calamari, but I tried to be careful. They had GREAT happy hour apps-for $1 or $2 each-the oysters, calamari, cheeseburgers, chowder, shrimp, burgers, chowder, etc. etc. YUM!!

And I am down to 157.4. Go figure. I am sure I will be up tomorrow....been taking the Metamucil to very little success, if you know what I mean...

stats
cals 1637
fat 32%
carbs 10% 39.4 gross
protein 24%
alcohol 34% (! 3 vodkas and one wine-didn't think it was that much)

I may have overestimated the calamari, but better over estimate than under

Monkey, I wish I had your motivation for exercising.

Last edited by Scotty; 05-06-2009 at 04:50 AM..
Old 05-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Donna,
It's not good to be between doctors. What if you get sick?

At least you partied and lost weight this time, go figger!

Gotta leave to take my car for buffing and touch up paint. Some lady scraped my right rear pulling next to me in the parking lot. She left a note and paid me over $500 based on the estimate. I'm not having extensive work done - just a touch up. Could use the cash.

Daughter still didn't hear anything about that teaching position. They said by Monday or Tues. She's getting nervous and it's between her and 3 other applicants. Right now, she's applying for a job as a server at a diner about 1/4 of mile from here. My DH said wouldn't it be a shame that we spend $130,000 for her to go to college and all she does is waitress at a diner? I told him she'll eventually get a teaching job. PA is hard to get in - high standards.

Well, toot a loo for now.

Maybe those oysters put enough iodine in you to get your thyroid working good. There are also good as an aphrodisiac (sp?) Now, that's a way to exercise to burn calories....ok, not going there.[/COLOR]
Old 05-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Where is Gaets? You still around? [/COLOR]
Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
HI LINDA

Been catching up on the news....got to last one...and there it was my name...Where is Gaets....i'm here...

Been gone at my DD and SIL and GD..for 5 days...love to spend time with them..my GD is growing so fast don't want to miss on anything that goes with her...

You's girls been busy with your dilema of programs...can't blame you..it's all so complicated why our bodies fuctions the way it does...but in one thread you wrote about a research that was done saying that we shouldn't have to go through this ********...just eat all the good stuff and watch the sugar the white flour ....me personnaly...always was in calorie counting...and i've lost a lot of weight...with no problem as long as i was exercising....but the problem was i was counting all the wrong foods...so now i'm thinking ....going back to counting calories putting in all the good stuff..more veggie...never used to eat them..fruits never used to eat those either..more meats which i never ate much of that either...junk i did lots...everything coming out of a box...full of preservative and colorants and basically JUNK i would stay away from those.

As i'm writing this..that's the way i'm thinking of trying..to see how that would work for me...cause really think about it...vegies and fruits and meats...portion control...exercising ....can't go wrong with that it's the most natural way of living.

Well i've got to go to work...talk to you's later

Hang in there ladies..
Gaets,.
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 AM   #720
Major LCF Poster!

As I knew I would be (because God forbid I should lose and keep it off-I weigh 4 pounds more than I did a month ago....) I am up a pound to 159.4.

Had a little higher cal day yesterday-was hungry but the cals were mostly from protein. Carbs came from cheese/dairy, but I may not have the right amount-probably lower, but the weight is up, isn't it-also stix are back to white AARRGHH!. Deli deluxe cheese is one carb per, I believe, but on ****** it shows as 2-I haven't gotten around to making a custom food. Anyway, here are the stats-if I'm supposed to have 1400 or less, I'm not doing so well. My average for 2 months is 1718, although my carbs average 5%. :

cals 1835
fat 64%
carbs 4% 17.7 gross
protein 32%

Gates, I agree that just eating the good stuff is the best way to go. However, when I weighed 220, I ate a very healthy diet, just too much, I guess and mixing fats and carbs....oh, and not enough exercise.