Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Mommy Gates!

Can you tell me about T Tapping? Is there a DVD on that?
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Am I talking to myself today!

[COLOR="Blue"]Where are you guys? [/COLOR]
Old 04-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/148.8/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Can you tell me about T Tapping? Is there a DVD on that?

Hi Linda...go to the exercise board on this thread..there's info on it...and yes they do have dvd's and a book which it's called Fit and Fabulous in 15 minutes. (even what you could do is go look in Amazon for the reviews...it's incredible)....i read the book before starting anything ..the exercise program is in there but it is easier when doing it with the dvd.... i started with the book to see if i would like it.....Teresa Tapps is a very interesting person...very knowledgeable..it's a kind of exercise that is very different from anything else i've ever tried...

Do your research and see what you think of it...

She does have a web site too...hope that helps.

Have a nice great week-end...

gaets
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Hi everyone. Just stopping in for a minute. My computer is on its way to HP for a new motherboard (thank goodness for extended warranties).

I'm down a pound and a bra cup size. Isn't there always a little bitter with the sweet!

I haven't been doing a good job of tracking my carbs. Next week I'll start keeping an eye on the number and managing my weight loss a little better. I've been so excited about eating "good" foods, that I am not paying attention to how much I am eating.

We went out to dinner for my husband's BDay this week. It was fabulous - chicken (so tender and moist it fell apart) with sauteed spinach, artichoke hearts and medallions of goat cheese. I kept the carb eating under control and still had a lovely meal including wine and dessert.

Hang in there everyone! Well, I've got a long trip ahead of me tomorrow - going to Phoenix with the in-laws to watch the AZ Diamond Backs and the SF Giants play ball. I wish the DBs were playing the Dodgers - but it should still be fun.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Annette,
Have a wonderful trip - be safe but have FUN !!!

Tell us about it when you come back.[/COLOR]
Old 04-25-2009, 03:41 AM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi Linda...go to the exercise board on this thread..there's info on it...and yes they do have dvd's and a book which it's called Fit and Fabulous in 15 minutes. (even what you could do is go look in Amazon for the reviews...it's incredible)....i read the book before starting anything ..the exercise program is in there but it is easier when doing it with the dvd.... i started with the book to see if i would like it.....Teresa Tapps is a very interesting person...very knowledgeable..it's a kind of exercise that is very different from anything else i've ever tried...

Do your research and see what you think of it...

She does have a web site too...hope that helps.

Have a nice great week-end...

gaets
[COLOR="Blue"]I was on the exercise board and saw you there but I didn't get alot of info and thought you would give me a better perspective. Is it something that beginners can do or should I wait until I have excercise under my belt? I was wondering if you have noticed that it targets trouble spots as well like the hips, thighs, tummy and butt. Thanks for the name of the DVD. I will check out the reviews on Amazon. I find Amazon's reviews so great.

You have a great weekend too. In PA, we have having above normal warm temperatures - 80's and sunny ! About time, we have had a very rainy winter and spring. For once, a weekend that we can be out and about!
[/COLOR]
Old 04-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Well, I cheated big time yesterday. After eating just to stay alive for a week and knowing that today is the day I go to Phase 2 of South Beach, I splurged.
Up 2 lbs - but I know it's just water weight and I'll be active this weekend and exercising - I'll burn it off.

B: Protein bar
L: Breaded cod, coleslaw and plain cheesecake
S: Mexican Restaurant: a few corn nachos, 1 chile releno, 1 enchilada, 1 burrito. 1 Margarita.
Dessert: SF Strawberry Jello and SF Cool Whip. This is getting addicting.

There is a chocolate peanut butter low carb pie recipe that I want to make this weekend. I miss chocolate/peanut butter. I'll eat a slice and freeze the rest. TOM is coming next week so here comes my cravings for sweets.

Donna,
How'd you make out with your social event last night?
[/COLOR]
Old 04-25-2009, 05:25 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Linda, my party was Thu. I wrote a short reply about it-did fine with the food, not so fine with the wine, which brought my carbs and cals up...

Didn't weigh today.

Going to the Wadsworth Atheneum today-there is an exhibit called "Arts and Flowers" that they do every year. Garden clubs around the state take a painting, sculpture or what ever and interpret it in flowers or even a table setting. It's throughout the museum and is just wonderful-the scents! We will be having lunch at the cafe, and I will do the best I can ,but I don't hold out much hope.

Gaets, I thought T-Tapp was tap dancing-there's something I'd like to try!

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 AM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, my party was Thu. I wrote a short reply about it-did fine with the food, not so fine with the wine, which brought my carbs and cals up...

Didn't weigh today.

Going to the Wadsworth Atheneum today-there is an exhibit called "Arts and Flowers" that they do every year. Garden clubs around the state take a painting, sculpture or what ever and interpret it in flowers or even a table setting. It's throughout the museum and is just wonderful-the scents! We will be having lunch at the cafe, and I will do the best I can ,but I don't hold out much hope.

Donna, yes I saw your post on Thurs but you seem to do something on Friday's too - you party animal!

Your excursion today sounds like fun. Is that close to where you live?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Didn't do anything last night-was nice.
The Atheneum is in Hartford, about 20 minutes from here. It is a very well known museum, and a real gem for New England. Has wonderful exhibits.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Didn't weigh today.

Donna and Linda.....no T-Tapps has nothing to do with tap dancing...it doesn't require any equipment...no jumping and never need to do more than 8 repetitions of any movement...it reshapes your body while fires up your metabolism so that it burn fat faster..all you need is four square feet of space and just 15 to 45 minutes a day in order to see a dramatic loss of inches (they advise not to use the scale)....it's a sequence of comprehensive, compound muscle movements work the muscles layer by layer ,from the inside out to cinch in ,tighten,tone and burn fat better....it says you could loose up to a clothing size in just 2 weeks...build sleek muscles and improve posture.....lower blood pressure and cholesterol the natural way and even improves blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetics... plus the no impact safe for those with shoulder,hip,knee,neck and back concerns...good for arthritis,fibromyalgia,lupus,chronic fatique symdrome and multiple sclerosis ...so t-tapps built a better body..inside and out

I'm basically writing from the book..the introduction...it's well worth the try i think...both of you's should go check her web site ...T-Tapps has a lot of good information...very interesting...and they have a forum also...you could go in ask guestions...

Hope that helps!!!

Gaets...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-26-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Donna and Linda.....no T-Tapps has nothing to do with tap dancing...it doesn't require any equipment...no jumping and never need to do more than 8 repetitions of any movement...it reshapes your body while fires up your metabolism so that it burn fat faster..all you need is four square feet of space and just 15 to 45 minutes a day in order to see a dramatic loss of inches (they advise not to use the scale)....it's a sequence of comprehensive, compound muscle movements work the muscles layer by layer ,from the inside out to cinch in ,tighten,tone and burn fat better....it says you could loose up to a clothing size in just 2 weeks...build sleek muscles and improve posture.....lower blood pressure and cholesterol the natural way and even improves blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetics... plus the no impact safe for those with shoulder,hip,knee,neck and back concerns...good for arthritis,fibromyalgia,lupus,chronic fatique symdrome and multiple sclerosis ...so t-tapps built a better body..inside and out

I'm basically writing from the book..the introduction...it's well worth the try i think...both of you's should go check her web site ...T-Tapps has a lot of good information...very interesting...and they have a forum also...you could go in ask guestions...

Hope that helps!!!

Gaets...
YES, GAETS, it helps alot. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am happy with Callenetics but need to alternate excercise for maximum benefit. I will order it online. It sounds just what I am looking for....low impact, but efficient in burning fat and speeding the metabolism. My left knee is still kinky and for the past 2 weeks, my right should has a sting that I can't get rid of. The Callenetics is alot of spinal stretching - which feels great on my lower back as well as thigh hamstrings that need to be stretched. It looks so easy but it is not and I have the Beginners one. I can't do the minimal 25 reps yet but I got thru the whole DVD and do what I can from each move.

I know once I get more proficient with excercise, I will go into Aerobics and Jillian Michaels with hard core and weights but that's down the road.

Just last night at 9:00 p.m. I did the Callenetics even though I was busy. Afterwards, I konked out on the lazy boy and woke up at 12:30. My muscles were so relaxed afterwards and the best thing - no sweating. I know sweating is good to get your heart rate up but I don't like to sweat! LOL! I'll get over it once I feel like I can do these Aeobics and I'll focus on my muscles building and not worry about the discomfort and stink.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
YES, GAETS, it helps alot. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am happy with Callenetics but need to alternate excercise for maximum benefit. I will order it online. It sounds just what I am looking for....low impact, but efficient in burning fat and speeding the metabolism. My left knee is still kinky and for the past 2 weeks, my right should has a sting that I can't get rid of. The Callenetics is alot of spinal stretching - which feels great on my lower back as well as thigh hamstrings that need to be stretched. It looks so easy but it is not and I have the Beginners one. I can't do the minimal 25 reps yet but I got thru the whole DVD and do what I can from each move.

I know once I get more proficient with excercise, I will go into Aerobics and Jillian Michaels with hard core and weights but that's down the road.

Just last night at 9:00 p.m. I did the Callenetics even though I was busy. Afterwards, I konked out on the lazy boy and woke up at 12:30. My muscles were so relaxed afterwards and the best thing - no sweating. I know sweating is good to get your heart rate up but I don't like to sweat! LOL! I'll get over it once I feel like I can do these Aeobics and I'll focus on my muscles building and not worry about the discomfort and stink.
Hi Linda...the book you can have at Amazon but the dvds is at T-tapps web site is the only place you'll be able to get them...thought i'll let you know...

As for Callanetic...i've enjoy it too for awhile...but when i'll master the T-Tapps i'll probably encorporate some callanetic at the same time..on the off days...they are basically the same...both very powerful...and not hard on the joints and that's what i like...at 52 years old...don't need the pounding and the jumping...been there, done that...i'm slowing down...

I do the walking program with Leslie Samsone ....her she gets the heart going but again...no pounding but walking really fast at the beat of the music...

So i can honestly say i finally enjoy my exercise program after all this years of trying to find and experimenting with everything on the market ....

So now if we could put our food portion in order..it would be perfect but then it would be boring....

As for sweating don't mind it..at least i know i'm working to my full capacity..and i'm getting somewhere!!

Have a great week....

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-26-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Girls!

Gaets,

I went on Half.com and saw someone selling the book and dvd for $15.00 so I bought it!

I was busy yesterday shopping with my friend. I tried on summer shorts, jeans, tops and got bargains. I even bought some oregano and cilantro plants for my deck. I love cooking with fresh herbs but they are expensive at the store. I end up throwing them out after a few days. Waste of money. My one friend last year, while visiting, had made us lunch and while we were on her deck, I smelled something wonderful and she told me it was her oregano plant - 3 ft high. She broke off a piece and I ate it. It tasted even better than the dried herb. I'm excited about that. Now, I'm working on my DH to let me grow a small veg patch out back.

Last night, he said he can see it coming...I buy a few cheap plants and soon I make it into a full blown farm costing hundreds and dollars just like the time my daughter won a $.25 goldfish. I just HAD to buy a bigger bowl and add another fish for companionship. Then, an aquarium and more fish. Then, I went thru 2 filters because the 1st one didn't see to clean well. Later, to find out the only place we could put it in the house had too much sun and algae was the problem. Every week I had to drain and clean the tank. Then this fish got sick and I was running to the pet store and buying antibiotics and in tears with the store clerk (a young biker stud) that just stared at me while I told him the maladies of my fish!

They eventually died. The last one the morning before we left on vacation. I could not get anyone to watch the 1 remaining fish for a week. But, he, blissfully committed suicide inside the filter. I was a mess! But also happy that I did not have to make him go thru starvation. I swear they all had a personality and following me and got peppy whenever I was near the tank.

I'm rambling...sorry.

Donna: Yesterday, I tried on every Size 10 shorts and jean and they are too tight! The 10's I have at home must be a big size 10. So, I had to settle for 11/12. 75% of my weight must be in my thighs, butt, hips. Now, I am determined to get below 140.

When I came home, DH and I took Safi for a walk. Then, I did the callenetics a little last night and put ankle weights on and sit sideways sissor leg excercises. I felt the burn but could only do 10 for each leg. My muscles must be in atrophy. I did walk alot yesterday and felt it in back of my thighs.

The scale shows a half pound lost and now I"m at 141.1. TOM is coming so I guess I won't see less than 140 till afterwards and hopefully then a whoosh!

How did you make out this weekend? Did you do anything special yesterday?
It was 90 degrees here in PA and most of the stores were not air conditioned. I was sweating!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Funny, I hate to sweat too!!

Also funny about the "farm"/goldfish. My DH said a similar thing about decorating- everythin revolves around a washcloth in the second bathroom..

Odd about the sizes-I am pretty sure my waist is bigger than yours, also thighs and hips....

I checked out the TTapp web page, and looks interesting but complicated-I;ve got enough tapes and stuff I don't use !

I have a little herb garden by the back deck that i have let go for the past few years-it used to be lovely,but now I don't cook that much, so I haven't kept it up.

Still haven't weighed, and I don't look forward to it. I have tried to stay OP, but the days that I am not overwhelm the days I am, and forget about the exercising. I will just have to have a good talk with myself one of these days...

Last edited by Scotty; 04-27-2009 at 06:50 AM..
Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning

WOW/..Linda...that is fantastic you got those two items for 15.00 ...i paid more than 100.00 to get some of the dvd's ...i already had the book..mind you i'm from canada...and the posting alone was close to 40.00...so if you don't use it much,it's no big loss...

I love herb gardens too..i do have it on my deck every summer..but here our summers are so short that i only get to enjoy them a couple of months a year(tried drying them to store them...but it didn't work out and to bring them in the house..doesn't work either not enough sun in the winter..)..and i also have a garden with potatoes and beans..lettuce, celery and many more...big enough for me and DH and to give to my kids...a i do freeze some too ...it is a very nice way of spending some time outdoors with the mosquitos.....

Linda,i do love your sense of humor ...i find it very weird at 140 pounds and you're at size 12...i'm at 154 pounds and a size 8 ...something don't drive..that is discouraginig how tall are you? I'm 5'6" ...oh well i guess we have to take,what have been given... it could be a lot worse..

O.K. enough for now...have to get this day going ...did my t-tapps already..so going to hang some clothes ...the sun is out and it's -2 so it should be a very nice day.(18 celcius by the afternoon)..don't need air conditionning that's for sure...

Let's make an effort in our eating department today...try anyways..lol

Later,

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-27-2009 at 06:34 AM..
Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOW/..Linda...that is fantastic you got those two items for 15.00 ...i paid more than 100.00 to get some of the dvd's ...i already had the book..mind you i'm from canada...and the posting alone was close to 40.00...so if you don't use it much,it's no big loss...

I love herb gardens too..i do have it on my deck every summer..but here our summers are so short that i only get to enjoy them a couple of months a year(tried drying them to store them...but it didn't work out and to bring them in the house..doesn't work either not enough sun in the winter..)..and i also have a garden with potatoes and beans..lettuce, celery and many more...big enough for me and DH and to give to my kids...a i do freeze some too ...it is a very nice way of spending some time outdoors with the mosquitos.....

Linda,i do love your sense of humor ...i find it very weird at 140 pounds and you're at size 12...i'm at 154 pounds and a size 8 ...something don't drive..that is discouraginig how tall are you? I'm 5'6" ...oh well i guess we have to take,what have been given... it could be a lot worse..

O.K. enough for now...have to get this day going ...did my t-tapps already..so going to hang some clothes ...the sun is out and it's -2 so it should be a very nice day.(18 celcius by the afternoon)..don't need air conditionning that's for sure...

Let's make an effort in our eating department today...try anyways..lol

Later,

Gaets
I'm 5'7". the only thing I can think of is that I shop in teenager shops. Maybe they make their 10''s smaller? My husband grows Asian Pears and has a green thumb - I have a purple one.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,

You are quiet these past few days. Are you ok?

Well, I posted my pic (taken today) and now you guys can see my thunder thighs and maybe figure out why I need to be in a size 12 !

I'll post what I ate today:

B: Coffee with 2 scoops of Vanilla flavored protein whey, a piece of
soft mozarella cheese.

L: Meditterean Salad: Dark greens 1/2 cup, with 1/2 sliced avocado with lime juice, 2 mozzarella balls, 3 sliced tomatoes with soft mozzarelli cheese, sprinkled with garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper and a drizzle of Greek Dressing, home-made chicken salad 1/2 cup.

Snack: Yoplait no fat yogurt - orange creme

Supper: 1 slice - Low carb home-made pizza w/green pepper-onion-pepperoni. Pepperoni was nuked 1st and fat dried off.

Tonight I'm making almond flour buns w/italian seasoning and also a low-carb bread in my breadmaker. This is my 2nd phase on SB so I'm allowed whole grain bread in moderation and a fruit a day. I hope I don't gain or else I'll be back on Atkins '72!

Walked Safi 20 mins up steep hills - getting easier. Would like to try DVD that came with my step platform. This would be the first time for that one. At work this morning I did a few callenetics.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here, just wondering if I will ever lose any weight-my own fault, I guess...still haven't weighed, but OP Sun, yest, and today. One day at a time?

Linda, I can't see your picture. Where is it? Your menu sounds yum! I am still doing very low carb/Atkins 72...
Sunday-cals 1731; fat 63%;carbs 1% protein 23%
Monday-cals 1231; fat=63%; carbs-3%-9.9 gross; protein 33%

Will I exercise today? Only if the air cond. is fixed in the house!!!! 90 degrees last couple days!!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm here, just wondering if I will ever lose any weight-my own fault, I guess...still haven't weighed, but OP Sun, yest, and today. One day at a time?

Linda, I can't see your picture. Where is it? Your menu sounds yum! I am still doing very low carb/Atkins 72...
Sunday-cals 1731; fat 63%;carbs 1% protein 23%
Monday-cals 1231; fat=63%; carbs-3%-9.9 gross; protein 33%

Will I exercise today? Only if the air cond. is fixed in the house!!!! 90 degrees last couple days!!
Donna,
My picture is my new avatar. Doesn't your computer at work or at home show it?

The above numbers should show a weight loss - so weigh yourself. Also, have you ever measured yourself? I cannot believe you haven't loss any inches. Sometimes our clothes have some room that we wouldn't be able to tell just by wearing them.

I will be posting other pictures as well. One of me and my daughter.

Speaking of my daughter...she is coming home this weekend. Graduation is in May but she has to be out of her apartment. I dread it - she rooms with 3 other girls. When we moved her in, it was total ciaos. 4 girls and their moms and dads, sisters, going up 2 flights of stairs... I felt like a mule! I guess I ought to think of it as an exercise routine but it better not be hot!

Then, our house will be filled with her stuff again and more than when she left. It will be nice having her home - miss her and she adds excitement to our house. She noisy and sometimes this house is too quiet without her. When she does come home for a weekend - though, DH and my nerves are frayed and we can't wait till she leaves for peace and quiet. So, it's a mixed bag. My Libra husband doesn't like noise and ciaos. How about you? Just wondering if that's a Libra thing.

I was telling y'all about the low carb bread I made in my breadmaker last night. It came out looking like a professional bakery style bread. The only thing is, it's rubbery and doesn't even toast crisp! I'm give it to my boss - he's still on Atkins. The flax rolls give him stomach ache.

I asked on the South Beach thread if low carb bread made with Protein Isolate and Wheat Gluten is ok for South Beach and they said NO. It's got to be WHOLE GRAIN like spelt, rye, oat, wheat which is tastier. But, I know for any of this to rise, you need to incorporate regular flour or a wheat gluten flour. So, I am guessing that as long as you have some whole grain flour, it's ok. But...when I was on the Blood Type Diet, I was allowed Spelt bread and it made a delicious bread; however, I did NOT lose on that woe. In fact, when I go whole South Beach Phase III - it will be almost identical to the Blood Type Diet except for low fat. So, I'm a little nervous that I will end up backsliding doing this South Beach woe. I guess I won't know until I try. I may have to do a low carb version of South Beach and pay no never mind of some of the things they say you can or cannot have. We'll see.

[COLOR="Red"]Leisa, did you go MIA on us and get tired of our rhetoric? Annette is in Arizona but HI anyway hope you are having a swell time. Gaets, how are you doing today?[/COLOR]
Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, all I can see at home and here is your screen name, with links to profile, etc. Don't know why. Both here and home are good, new computers. Any idea as to how I can see it? I'm clueless

I don't expect a loss-probably it will be a loss from all the weight I gained between Thu. and Sun. I did measure myself once, and will do it again. There was a loss in inches-slight.

I like to have the "youngsters" around me, and am better than my Virgo DH with the chaos, but I am glad when they leave, too. All I can say is I love my empty nest.

There are lots of low carb bread here on the board, and some have been well tested. I think a "kevinpa" did a lot. Have you looked those up? I don't do them cuz a lot of them have weired ingredients in them. I used to make all our bread, and may try some with the carbalose if I ever get to that part of Atkins....actually, what I did before was basically stay on very low carbs, with the occasional "whoops" with bread or whatever.

For example, today a wholesaler brought Dunkin Donuts bagels, etc. along with some Munchkins. Well, the plain ones are 5 carbs, and I could certainly afford that, but I'm afraid of some voodoo reaction, so I am saying no to them...
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
You don't have an avatar do you? If you do, I can't see yours. Anyway, I'll send some pictures of me on to your e-mail at home. I wanted you to see why I'm a size 12 pants.

How about the rest of you girls? Do you see my avatar pic?
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #653
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
I did get a low carb bread from KevinPA - it is basically the same as the one I made last night. Very chewy and I think I remember buying it at the store 5 yrs ago when I did Atkins and it was chewy. On South Beach I'm not allowed low carb bread. It has to be whole grain.

My daughter is a Gemini and is never at a loss for words. She can be the nicest person you'd ever meet but she can be snippy and a know it all. That clashes with my DH. I just keep agruing back until she wears out! Mike goes in another room where there's peace and quiet. Then she goes up to her room. He comes back. I do love teasing and embarrassing her because its so easy to get her flustered. We actually get along great for mother/daughter and she keeps telling me that she's becoming just like me. This annoys her I tell her she's just like me only personified.

In board games, her and I are quite the team because we can read each other's mind and we win! What has always amazed me is how she switches roles and acts like my mother!!! Like I need a mother at 49 yrs old! well...maybe sometimes.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

I can see Gaets' avatar at home, so maybe it's just here...I will check when I get home.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I can see Gaets' avatar at home, so maybe it's just here...I will check when I get home.
I sent you a bunch of recent pics at your home e-mail. I hope its the right e-mail!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, Uh, oh, no pix at home but I can see your picture here. You look great!
...wait a minute! I jsut posted the reply and now I can't see it any more!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, Uh, oh, no pix at home but I can see your picture here. You look great!
...wait a minute! I jsut posted the reply and now I can't see it any more!!!
Private message me your e-mail address. Someone must have gotten mine but that was the only one in my address book named Donna. Oh no, someone I know will think I'm nuts
Old 04-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna, I am freaking out! It may be one of my customers at the store! They are going to think I'm a narcissist!

Anyway, I wanted to show you my recent pic and one's that were taken before dieting and the difference. Plus, the fact that although I am alot thinner in my upper body, my thighs are still like flesh colored jello and out of proportion to the rest of me - thus a Size 12 yet.

I can resend them as soon as I hear from you. I hope I find the mystery to the e-mail address I used.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Never mind... I just searched thru my sent folder and see when I sent you a "test" e-mail and it's the same.

You don't have it? Look again for whitedov1208.

Now I can sleep tonight.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #660
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I sent you an email; I can see the avatars again. No clue...

stats for the day-
cals-1555-had ribs and kraut-yum! Nature's vacuum cleaner, my mother said
fat-68%
cals 3%
protein 29%

I am calling a CLEAN day!!!