Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
The scale is down a whopping 10th of a pound
The stix are white
Well, the sun is out and it's going to be 70,,,

Linda, I did a clean week of 72 "phase 1" and I think I lost about a pound...

Your menu sounds good. I really like the muffins Sometimes I make them half almond meal and half flax. Cocoa and coconut sounds real good!

This week I have been pure since Monday, and two days of ex. and still up from the weekend, with a Red Hat meeting tomorrow...I think I'm doomed...
Yeah, it's gonna be nice here in PA. Not a good time to be sick. I'm sure what I've got is allergy induced - tree pollens.

Are you sure you were clean? Weren't you eating anise/fennel and we decided it was not on the list? No alcohol? What week did you do it and I'll look at your menu postings.

If you stuck to salads and meats and nothing else, then something is definitely wrong and you should get your thryroid checked. I don't know of anyone that went a strick week on Atkins 72 and didn't lose at least 2-3 lbs. You were in ketosis right at that time? Maybe you should have stayed on Induction longer.

As far as you not losing alot now, you have started exercising and you are gaining muscle weight which weighs more than fat. You could also be going thru a "stall" but that will pass too with more excercise and letting your body adjust. Are you taking the Ultimate Cleanse and magnesium? You may have 5 lbs stored in your colon and not even know it. Think over these things. There's a "cause and effect" for everything.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Looks like I started 72 3/23. I was at about the same weight I am now... ARRGGH! I did have some fennel, but on the first page of the 72 thread, it did show fennel as a 'salad vegetable'. I didn't have much, that's for sure. And lately my carbs have been at 2% most days.

My two month ****** average stats are 1617 cals, 61% fat, 4% carbs (gross 20), protein 27% and alcohol 7%...
4 weeks, and 2 weeks about the same; 1 week higher, because of last weekend.

I just don't seem to be getting any where. Obviously I am doing something wrong, and letting "off" days happen. I am very strict on "on" days, which are most days...it was so much easier when I first started back in 03, and I was drinking regularly, too. (exercising regularly, too....)

I am basically on induction all the time.

I am taking magnesium but have decided that colon cleansing isn't for me.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 04-17-2009 at 09:16 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Ultimate Cleanse is no more intrusive than taking magnesium but works better and is complete. ::: sigh :::: it's up to you.

Went to doc - got drugs and now eating a ton of food - steak, mushrooms, onions, green pepper and string beans and will take it easy today and NOT cleaning or doing wash like I used to when I'm home from work sick.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am paying the price for my lunch - I have horrible stomach ache and cramps in my upper tummy - right side! Ughhhh. Too much veggies that my body isn't used to. Mushrooms....today, eggplant ....the other evening.

To kick I have gained 4 lbs since yesterday! I am only 2 lbs away from where I started!

Don't blame you for not following my advice. I am pi**sed!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!

Poor Linda!!! What could it be?? I can only think it's the different flora or whatever in your tummy. Just keep going-at least you know you are eating in a healthy manner.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Poor Linda!!! What could it be?? I can only think it's the different flora or whatever in your tummy. Just keep going-at least you know you are eating in a healthy manner.
Thanks, Donna. After a half hour of severe tummy pain, it's ok now.

I am going to walk my talk and take my Ultimate Cleanse right now! I certainly didn't eat 20,000 calories to earn 4 lbs! If anything, I am eating less calories than Atkins! Beward of eggplant - don't eat too much at 1 sitting - it's like eating a sponge. Way to much fiber in large quanities. I went from 1.5 grams of fiber on Atkins average to probably 20 grams in 5 days of SB.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #547
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, I could never find that ultimate cleanse in three stores. Didn't want to try any of the others, and just am not sure about the need for them, for me, at least. I think our bodies are pretty efficient-when I had my colonoscopy, their wasn't all that much purged...
Old 04-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
The scales looking a little more friendly. I'm down a pounds and I haven't measured yet. I didn't get to the gym until 7:30 - Long work day! I burned over 300 calories tonight. I just have to start upping the cardio if I want to see progress.

So - I was super happy and then came home to find my computer quite dead. I bought it at Costco, which doubles the warranty - but I don't know if I'm still covered. I'm borrowing my husbands laptop right now. I'll try to log in as often as I can.

Hang in there ladies - you rock!

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #549
Major LCF Poster!

Annette-good on the scale...hope the pc gets fixed/better

I am back down to 155.6-don't know why, except I didn't eat much last night-vodka was involved.

Tried the 1 min muffin with coconut oil and cocoa today. Didn't notice any particular change in flavor though, so that was a disappointment. Was looking forward to chocolatey coconut.

Made my bkfst souffle with mayo instead of cream cheese, since I am trying to stay with 72-not much difference. No way I can stay OP tonight with my gathering, but I will do the best i can.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
The scales looking a little more friendly. I'm down a pounds and I haven't measured yet. I didn't get to the gym until 7:30 - Long work day! I burned over 300 calories tonight. I just have to start upping the cardio if I want to see progress.

So - I was super happy and then came home to find my computer quite dead. I bought it at Costco, which doubles the warranty - but I don't know if I'm still covered. I'm borrowing my husbands laptop right now. I'll try to log in as often as I can.

Hang in there ladies - you rock!

Annette
[COLOR="Blue"]Hey girl, I was worried about you. Didn't see you for a few days...now I understand. Where's Leisa? Mommy Gaetes?

Computers are like cars these days ....great when they work and you need them but when they break down - what a hassle! Luckily they don't cost as much as cars to replace or repair. Warranties are great too if they don't cost too much.

Great on your lbs loss! You are consistent with your exercises and it's paying off. [/COLOR]
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Annette-good on the scale...hope the pc gets fixed/better

I am back down to 155.6-don't know why, except I didn't eat much last night-vodka was involved.

Tried the 1 min muffin with coconut oil and cocoa today. Didn't notice any particular change in flavor though, so that was a disappointment. Was looking forward to chocolatey coconut.

Made my bkfst souffle with mayo instead of cream cheese, since I am trying to stay with 72-not much difference. No way I can stay OP tonight with my gathering, but I will do the best i can.
[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,
Now you are on to something....vodka helps you lose weight! Congrats!

I would try that WOD (way of drinking) like tonight except I'm on antibiotics and they are kick butt.

You probably didn't add enough chocolate - I put in 2 Tablespoons SF Ghiardelli cocoa plus Chocolate flavored DaVinci. I have a recipe for flax pancakes I'm making for breakfast today. Have a hankering for SF maple syrup. Will make dippy eggs too.

I lost 3 lbs from yesterday - all this is water weight from my bronchitis. I've been told that when you are sick, the body retains water for healing. So, anyway, I ate like a pig yesterday, had bad tummy ache and recovered. I could not find my 1 bottle of Ultimate Cleanse but had 1 capsule left of the Colon cleanse. It didn't work yet.... When it does....Mike will have to open up the windows on this fine day here in Pennsylvania!

Enjoy your social event and don't worry about everything you put in your mouth. Life is not about dieting - it's about enjoying.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #552
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
hey all, sorry to be MIA. I switched MOnday to FAst 5 because after 4 months of induction I was getting NO where. I'm down 3.4 pounds since MOnday! I am SO loving this! So, I've been hanging out over at the intermittent fasting thread. I even upped my carbs because several people told me with hypothyroid you should eat more carbs. Yesterday I had 70 + grams of carbs and still hit a new low this morning. I don't intend to do THAT every day. Today I will keep my carbs lower. Another thing is I have been exercising more so that's helping. Between the FAst 5, exercise and upping my carbs I finally hit a deep dark ketosis this week! I'm thrilled and hope it last!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
hey all, sorry to be MIA. I switched MOnday to FAst 5 because after 4 months of induction I was getting NO where. I'm down 3.4 pounds since MOnday! I am SO loving this! So, I've been hanging out over at the intermittent fasting thread. I even upped my carbs because several people told me with hypothyroid you should eat more carbs. Yesterday I had 70 + grams of carbs and still hit a new low this morning. I don't intend to do THAT every day. Today I will keep my carbs lower. Another thing is I have been exercising more so that's helping. Between the FAst 5, exercise and upping my carbs I finally hit a deep dark ketosis this week! I'm thrilled and hope it last!
[COLOR="Blue"]Wow, Fantasic!

It must be weird to intake more carbs and still lose weight. What is the Fast 5 about? What did you eat yesterday?
[/COLOR]
Old 04-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #554
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Wow, Fantasic!

It must be weird to intake more carbs and still lose weight. What is the Fast 5 about? What did you eat yesterday?
[/COLOR]
If you look at the "other plans" threads, you'll find intermittent fasting and JUDDD from what I'm doing. It explains it. Also there is a website for Fast 5 that explains it all with an ebook that's free. Basically, I eat between the hours of 5pm and 10pm. I still eat low carb but have added in more carbs because people keep telling me I should up my carbs because of my hypothyroid. It's not something I want to do long term but I'm in deeper ketosis now. I eat the same things I eat when not doing this and so far have not eaten less calories. I'm around 1700 calories per day. Yesterday, I did only have around 1200 but that was an unusual day.

To answer your second question, yesterday, I ate:

Almonds and an apple
Pork chop with broccoli and cauliflower steamed
trail mix (probably 1/2 cup)
Egg cream made with Almond Breeze and whey protein powder
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
If you look at the "other plans" threads, you'll find intermittent fasting and JUDDD from what I'm doing. It explains it. Also there is a website for Fast 5 that explains it all with an ebook that's free. Basically, I eat between the hours of 5pm and 10pm. I still eat low carb but have added in more carbs because people keep telling me I should up my carbs because of my hypothyroid. It's not something I want to do long term but I'm in deeper ketosis now. I eat the same things I eat when not doing this and so far have not eaten less calories. I'm around 1700 calories per day. Yesterday, I did only have around 1200 but that was an unusual day.

To answer your second question, yesterday, I ate:

Almonds and an apple
Pork chop with broccoli and cauliflower steamed
trail mix (probably 1/2 cup)
Egg cream made with Almond Breeze and whey protein powder
[COLOR="Blue"]I did try egg creams - didn't like it much and it didn't satisfy me. I can't wrap my mind around eating raw egg. Alot of people love them though.

So you only eat between the hours of 5 p.m. to 10 p.m? Good lord! Donna and I would be passed out on the floor.

Donna, do you think you could go without eating all day and then wait until 5:00 p.m. to eat your Frittatas?

Well, I'm down another 3 lbs today - have no idea what caused that but I'll take it. The only thing I've done different is eat little amounts throughout the day. Now I'm 1 lb away from where I left off before South Beach [/COLOR]
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good time last night, and logged as best I could what I ate-it's amazing how the cals and carbs add up in just an evening of social eating and drinking. Carbs over 100. I did not weigh today, but am doing very low carbs-read the 72 book, and fennel is allowed in phase one! But I am just going to have a bit of salad for now if that.

So far I've had some pork roast, eggs, bacon, wings, liverwurst.

Linda, glad to hear that you are back down where you were, and NO, I couldn't go without eating all day!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #557
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Husband driving me nutz!

I made these flax buns for hamburgers or sandwiches just now and they smell great! I am thinking of taking them to the Char broiled hamburger restaurant tonight to eat like a normal -hamburer- eating person! My daughter will be coming home and joining us. I can just hear her say "Mom, why do you have to go to extreme?".

I just had a lecture/debate with my Libra husband about how all I ever think about is diet and food and leaving everything else go like cleaning, cooking for him (waaaaaaaaaaahhhh ). I was cleaning at the time he broached the subject and hacking from the bronchitis. I reapproach him and told him his timing sucks. Also... told him to go hire a maid and maybe she'll do it topless for double pleasure. I let him know that I clean more than any of my friends and that everybody knows he's a Cleaning ****! He'd better watch it...I could think of another thing I could neglect!

I also made Cinnamon Bubble Loaf out of Carquik and Almond flour. I'm going to have some now with some coffee. It looks great - we'll see if cinnamon can hide the taste of carbquik.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #558
Major LCF Poster!

Husbands....can't live with 'em.....can't MURDER 'EM!!

Are you talking about the 1 minute buns? I like them, but do you think they have a "baking powder" taste? They sure fill the need for something bready, though. And yes, I only put about 1 t cocoa in the one I made, and didn't think to use a syrup. I'll try it again.

Waiting for the verdict on the loaf. I have the carbalose, but since I've been doing strict induction, haven't made anything with it or the coconut flour. 72 doesn't talk about adding back breads for quite a while.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Husbands....can't live with 'em.....can't MURDER 'EM!!

Are you talking about the 1 minute buns? I like them, but do you think they have a "baking powder" taste? They sure fill the need for something bready, though. And yes, I only put about 1 t cocoa in the one I made, and didn't think to use a syrup. I'll try it again.

Waiting for the verdict on the loaf. I have the carbalose, but since I've been doing strict induction, haven't made anything with it or the coconut flour. 72 doesn't talk about adding back breads for quite a while.
[COLOR="Blue"]The buns are a different recipe than the 1 min muffins. It took me 5 mins to put it together and 30 mins to bake. I could not find any store in my area that sold muffin top pans so I bought these little tart pans which are nice because they stack neatly and don't take up much space and they worked perfectly - nice size, comes right out - made by Wilton.

I am now eating the cinnamon bubble bread and it tastes great. No hint of carbquik. I warmed it in the microwave so it's soft. I would buy the carbquik just to make these. I have 5 lbs of it now. I'll now try more things with Carbquik. You could make it with your carbalose flour, I'm sure.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Hubby is jealous because HE can't have any of this stuff. [/COLOR]
Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]I'm not really supposed to have baked goods for a week on the Beach but I thought, screw it. I must be PMS'ng....[/COLOR]
Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145.0/140 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Hi Linda...Haven't had time to read up on the posting ...my daughter and Granddaughter left today from 1 week stay...now my son is coming in tomorrow morning for 1 week...been so busy.,..but weight wise been doing not to bad...still losing...and i'm still exercising...haven't had time to count the carbs but i lost another 3 lbs this week...so i'm not complaining...makes it 16 lbs up to now...started at 170 i'm 5'6" and down now to 154 since Oct of 08...so i'm happy with the results ..i have to say the biggest thing is to lower the carbs consumption to a point that you feel comfortable and be able to function during your day and to exercise daily for at least 30 to 45 minutes(cardio and strenght trainning of some kind..you did mention somewhere about callanetics i did try that for awhile..like it wasn't hard on the joints and it does feel nice...now i'm mostly into t-tapps ) ...when you think about it, it is simple ..i think sometimes we make it hard for ourself...we look for that magic pill or a shortcut and there's no such thing...have to work at it no matter what...and have some descipline which i know sometimes it's very hard .

Hang in there...i'm still not clear..which program are you doing now...SB or Atkins

Talk to you later and have a nice week

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-19-2009 at 07:04 PM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Gaetes,
Thanks for the encouragement. Per doc's request, I am doing South Beach.

My husband is giving me grief because I spend too much time thinking, talking making food and he doesn't get to eat most of it (his choice).

I'm going to try to do a little excercise starting tonight but can't over do it. I'm having trouble breathing as it is and having coughing and sneezing fits.
Perhaps ankle weights and leg lifts. I really want to re-build my muscles and tone my thighs.

I had seen Cindy Crawford in the Enquirer this week and she is really built great - beautiful shapely legs. She's doing the Zone diet but I heard that is a pain to track because of the ratios of carbs/fats/calories. But I'm sure that she works out alot and that I'm beginning to realize is the "miracle pill" for alot of us. If I worked out and got exercise, I would not have to worry about everything I put in my mouth.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Good Morning - you are late in checking in with us!

Those flax buns are to die for !!! I just toasted one up and had it for breakfast. Very filling. When you are adding grains back in and are interested in the recipe, I'll post it. It even has caraway seeds in them so it has a rye taste about them. Caraway seeds are optional - I bet sesame seeds would taste great.

I'll check back later, gators!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #564
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 2xmumom
I am starting the induction phase today. I did the Atkins about 5 years ago and lost 18 pounds. I am 5' 8" and my current weight is 174. I would like to get down to 155-160. I believe with the support on this website I will be able to succeed. I excercise 30 minutes to an hour a day. I work out on an elliptical machine for 30 and walk 2 miles a day. I am really excited about losing. I will keep you posted. I work 12 hour days M-F with 2 different jobs. I am trying to help my 2 kids through college. But I went to the store yesterday to get my food to begin this week. I'm pumped!!! Good luck to everyone.
2xmumom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

Missing the gator reference...Edited to add-HOW STUPID AM I?? And the saying is from my era!!!
Post the recipe!

I basically ate meat and eggs yesterday...
1554 cals; 59% fat; 1% carbs (3.2 gross) 40% protein
Didn't weigh myself because I know I must have gained from Saturday. I could certainly do all meat and eggs, but I can't say I felt no hunger, or maybe it was desire...

Linda, you are so right about the exercise. Someone here on the board has a quote something like "dieting makes you look good in clothes; exercise makes you look good NEKKID"

Hi 2X!! With your exercise (see above) you'll do great!! Wish I had your dedication and discipline. We put two through college, and I think both are finally paid for (one graduated college in 96 and the other in 01)

Last edited by Scotty; 04-20-2009 at 08:24 AM..
Old 04-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome 2Xmumon!

[COLOR="Blue"]

You'll find alot of support on these boards. You sound like a very active person all around and congrats on your commitment to exercise! With diet and exercise under your belt - there's no reason why you can't reach your goals in spades! If we can find a diet that we can live with and make it a "way of eating" so that we don't yo-yo - then that's half the battle. The other half is exercising consistency which is the other hurdle I must get over.

Good luck and post often!
[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,
I got the phrase from my 60 yr old friend here at home. Your e-mails end up with "Later, gator", Bud. She's a Libra too.

~~Swami WhiteDov1208 says ~~~....Measure yourself tonight and weigh in tomorrow. I predict a weight loss and a smaller body size.

I'll post it sometime tonight after work. Making Chinese Beef w/Snow Peas and Egg drop soup for supper.
[/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 AM   #568
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, from your mouth to God's ear...

Just some 50's info-that was a catch phrase "see ya later, alligator" to which one answered "after 'while, crocodile". A popular song was made by Bill Haley and the Comets ('Rock Around the Clock' fame) called this.

BTW, I saw the Comets performing a couple years ago at Mohegan Sun. They are all in late 70's-80'w and "got chops"! They do several HUNDRED gigs a year!!!

Just bought a nice looking (nicely marbled ) chuck steak which I thought I would try. I normally eat the more tender ones, but I think this will be good, plus it was a good price. Also my usual chix thighs, and some heavy cream, so I can be even more pure on the 72, but I just would rather have less cals with the light, and the carbs aren't that much more.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Well, I'm a 70's girl. My catch phrase is:

SE*, drugs and alcohol! Like wow man, cosmic![/COLOR]
Old 04-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #570
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, that was my era, too..Baby Boomer... "never trust anyone over 30". Of course now we are saying "never trust anyone under 50" I've been through them all!