Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Hi, Linda!
I am marinating a pork roast too, but French in nature-sage, thyme, a bit of allspice salt, pepper, garlic, which we all LOVE in our family. Come to think of it, there are very few things we don't love....DH is certainly fussier than I am, though.

Muffin top pans-I got them in Marshall's 5 or so years ago, so they are around, maybe not as much as they use to be though? Do you have ramekins? I bet you could use those-I use .75C indi. souffle dishes for the minute muffins and they work fine. I am not crazy about the oopsies-they taste like popovers to me-too eggy. I like the one minute muffins made with flax and almond flour. I don't have the recipe handy but they are on the board somewhere. There are also some carbalose buns too, around.

I "stream" my stix and as I said they were magenta Fri. and Sat, but are now back to pink for some unknown reason. I got them at Netrition-100 for $6 (?)

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 04-05-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 05:28 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, didn't put in my stats from yesterday, AND I am [COLOR="DarkOrange"][COLOR="Red"]UP[/COLOR][/COLOR] a pound and a half!!! Which means my net loss since last Monday is a whopping .7 of a pound. Now, obviously, I didn't eat 3500 cals yesterday, but again it is so discouraging, after being so happy about having a little whoosh....

My averages for the week were cals 1414; fat 67%; carbs 3% -12.5 gross; 30% protein.

Seems fine, right except for protein a little high-stix magenta again. I'm exercising, drinking water, keeping carbs low, fat high. Next step is Dr. I guess, but I would like to have an explanation withing the parameters of the diet.

Stats for yesterday: cals 1489;64% fat; 3% carbs-10.7 gross; 33% protein

I hope everyone is doing better than I statistically; I can't find fault with what I am doing otherwise....

Last edited by Scotty; 04-06-2009 at 05:31 AM..
Old 04-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Donna,
Your percentages look good - even protein, imho. Make sure you drink the water to pee out the fat. You did not eat enough to gain the fat - so it's water probably that has you up a pound or so. Also, you had excercised - so your muscles are building and also needing more water. Muscles weigh more than fat. Will you just measure yourself?
Dr. A says the measuring tape is more your friend than the scale.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

I will try to tonight, Linda, but my clothes tell me there is very little change.
Looking at my weight stats. I have lost 1.9 pound since March 1. Ridiculous.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I'm done for the day-right now I don't feel hungry-of course I just finished...
cals 1167 68% fat carbs 3%/10.5 gross 28% protein

B-the usual, but no mushrooms and made with a bit of spinach;decaf/splenda/light cream
L-the usual
D- burger; .5T mayo; radishes sauteed in a bit of evoo

Did the measurements; some slight changes:
bust-.25" smaller (not good... )
waist-the same
belly-1" smaller
hips-1" smaller
thigh top-1"smaller
calf-same
upper arm-.75" smaller
calf-same
neck-.22" less
forearm-.62" bigger-not sure about this measurement

Where is everybody??
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I guess I'm done for the day-right now I don't feel hungry-of course I just finished...
cals 1167 68% fat carbs 3%/10.5 gross 28% protein

B-the usual, but no mushrooms and made with a bit of spinach;decaf/splenda/light cream
L-the usual
D- burger; .5T mayo; radishes sauteed in a bit of evoo

Did the measurements; some slight changes:
bust-.25" smaller (not good... )
waist-the same
belly-1" smaller Linda says
hips-1" smaller Linda says
thigh top-1"smaller Linda says
calf-same
upper arm-.75" smaller Linda says
calf-same
neck-.22" less Linda says
forearm-.62" bigger-not sure about this measurement

Where is everybody??

Look at the inches lost !!! told you so, told you so, told you so....hehehehe

I put in the 2 Ex. DVD's. I watched them both!

The dance one requires a step platform - no could do - besides, SHE SAID to watch it a couple of times before doing it. I obeyed.

The Jillian Michaels kick aXX - she is a man in diguise. In the beginning, she didn't even do them herself and had her 2 minions doing them. If I were the girls, I would have kicked and punched her in the face alternatively in 5 reps (with the 3 lb wrist and ankle weights).

Seriously....I did the warm up and got out of breath (jumping jacks and simulated jumping rope, really!) and watched the rest of it. I need to stop smoking before I even do these 2. I need to order "Beginners and Obese Excercise DVD" by Couch Potato Patty .

I did some floor excercises before my shower and I am done. Pathetic, I know.

I think Atkins has me in a weakened state too. Do you guys feel that way?
I find that I take naps on weekend afternoons. I never took naps before.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Hi all, I realized I haven't posted since Tuesday. I've been running all week, except Wednesday. I did my Callanetics tape that day and then Sunday instead of running, I took a nice relaxing bike ride with my girls. Eating has been in check. TOM came Thursday night and is essentially over. Allergies are coming into play, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow so it should be easier tomorrow. I'm having to take Zyrtec to stand it. Tree pollen! I'm in deeper ketosis this afternoon finally after days of just trace to small amounts on the stick. I think the artificial sweeteners I was using in my coffee and such during TOM was causing it. Also, I had too many Atkins bars for several days. They're gone and I'm not buying anymore! Okay, gotta run get the brownies out of the oven for the girls. The really cool thing is I don't even want one!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Congratulations on the inches!

I think I need to stop all the fake sugar products. I haven't lost weight or inches in a month. I stopped eating the sugar free jello, but have been eating the sugar free Russell Stover and sugar free PowerAid.

My sister read an article in a medical journal about how diet sodas (products) are causing diabetes. Ugh!
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Congratulations on the inches!

I think I need to stop all the fake sugar products. I haven't lost weight or inches in a month. I stopped eating the sugar free jello, but have been eating the sugar free Russell Stover and sugar free PowerAid.

My sister read an article in a medical journal about how diet sodas (products) are causing diabetes. Ugh!

That's great - not - what are diabetics supposed to eat then and for the rest of us that are trying to stay away from sugar? And nobody WANTS to get diabetes. Is it just an "excess" thing or is it even happening for those that partake in moderation??

I checked the carb count on those sugar free candies and they are all high.

I have emergency Atkins Advantage and Indulgence bars in the cupboard but haven't been indulging. Just knowing they are there helps me.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Hi all, I realized I haven't posted since Tuesday. I've been running all week, except Wednesday. I did my Callanetics tape that day and then Sunday instead of running, I took a nice relaxing bike ride with my girls. Eating has been in check. TOM came Thursday night and is essentially over. Allergies are coming into play, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow so it should be easier tomorrow. I'm having to take Zyrtec to stand it. Tree pollen! I'm in deeper ketosis this afternoon finally after days of just trace to small amounts on the stick. I think the artificial sweeteners I was using in my coffee and such during TOM was causing it. Also, I had too many Atkins bars for several days. They're gone and I'm not buying anymore! Okay, gotta run get the brownies out of the oven for the girls. The really cool thing is I don't even want one!

I wish I had your motivation to exercise. You are an inspiration to me.
Snowing in the South? We have tree pollen here in PA and my allergies are kicking up too. I take Patanase nose antihistamine spray after I do a sinus wash and it really helps. I don't like oral antihistamines - makes me too sleepy.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Daily Consumption of Diet Soda Linked to Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes

I found some links online:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/he...on/05symp.html
Diet Soda, Metabolic Syndrome, and Weight Loss - On Fitness (usnews.com)
NIH - Research Matters - The Role of Diet in Metabolic Syndrome
Old 04-07-2009, 06:24 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Annette,
Thanks for posting these articles. I read them all. Once in a while I'll have a Diet Rite or make a sweet thing. I remember back in the days when I would have a regular coke every afternoon and still eat whatever I wanted and maintained my weight. Then, I went to Diet Coke, dropped that and went to water and java when I hit my 40's. Those were the days.....
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

I am at 156.5 today- .4 up from WHERE I WAS SATURDAY!!!!!
Stix back to trace/small. This is so odd. Yes, less inches is good; don't see it in my clothes. I continue to live "clean". No frankenfoods ever, soda once in a while-.5 packet of Splenda daily-that's it.

Did Pilates again last night-amazing how something that LOOKS simple is definitely not!

Linda, watching must count for something...
Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Roxy1975
Stats: 156/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2004/re-induction (again) March 2009
Hi everyone! I kinda got a little derailed over the last few days. I finally made it out and got a scale and yesterday morning I got on the scale only to discover that I was a whopping - 160 pounds! oh my! I knew I was retaining a lot of water from the weekend - and sure enough this morning I weighed myself again and I was down to 156 pounds. Admittedly I am higher than I originally thought but I am happy those extra 4 pounds were water and that they are GONE!
Roxy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #495
Major LCF Poster!

Roxy, glad those pounds are gone. Scary, huh?

Linda, you're not doing 72 induction any more, are you?

Eating is done for the day, but I have some wiggle room if I get the hungries. For now, I'm fine.

cals-1310;fat 67%; carb 3%-11.9 gross; 30% protein

B-frittata; decaf; splenda/light cream
L-chix thigh; salad; Greek dressing
D-7 oz. pork roast, pan sauce; 3.6 oz. sauteed fennel cooked with olive oil and parm
S- a packet of Truvia!! Am I desperate or what???

Drank a good amount of water.

Did Pilates. I hope I lose something tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
I wish I had your motivation to exercise. You are an inspiration to me.
Snowing in the South? We have tree pollen here in PA and my allergies are kicking up too. I take Patanase nose antihistamine spray after I do a sinus wash and it really helps. I don't like oral antihistamines - makes me too sleepy.
Aw thanks! Yes, we had flurries almost all day today, but we've had some really warm temps lately and it's supposed to be very nice again on Thursday so it's nothing really. I'm going to look into a wash or something next time I'm in the store.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Aw thanks! Yes, we had flurries almost all day today, but we've had some really warm temps lately and it's supposed to be very nice again on Thursday so it's nothing really. I'm going to look into a wash or something next time I'm in the store.
I would highly recommend "NeilMed" sinus wash. It is a miracle worker and sold for $10.55 at Walmart! It is so easy to do and now I don't need my allergy shots anymore! What a savings!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #498
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I would highly recommend "NeilMed" sinus wash. It is a miracle worker and sold for $10.55 at Walmart! It is so easy to do and now I don't need my allergy shots anymore! What a savings!
That's the one I think I almost bought last year and never did. I will get it! The fact that you don't need your shots anymore is incredible! Thanks!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Roxy, glad those pounds are gone. Scary, huh?

Linda, you're not doing 72 induction any more, are you?

Eating is done for the day, but I have some wiggle room if I get the hungries. For now, I'm fine.

cals-1310;fat 67%; carb 3%-11.9 gross; 30% protein

B-frittata; decaf; splenda/light cream
L-chix thigh; salad; Greek dressing
D-7 oz. pork roast, pan sauce; 3.6 oz. sauteed fennel cooked with olive oil and parm
S- a packet of Truvia!! Am I desperate or what???

Drank a good amount of water.

Did Pilates. I hope I lose something tomorrow.

Donna,
You are doing good with your goal of staying around 1300 calories! Can't stop eatting those frittatas? Change it up a bit to make your body adjust and work harder. It's like doing the same exercise over and over again...soon it doesn't work - your muscles say "ahhhh yeah, same ole, same ole, I'm not going to pump up any more for this body".

No, I'm not doing 72 Atkins because I lost 6 lbs that week and holding steady by eating now on the New Revolution Plan - 2002 version. I don't want to deplete my body of veggies. The last time I was on Atkins 72 Induction way too long,my skin turned yellow and I had black under circles. Yeah, I was skinny but not healthy.

If I start packing on weight instead of losing the 5 or 6 lbs - then, I'll probably do Atkins 72 Induction again and really watch my carbs and up my vitamins.

This coming Friday I have my physical with my doctor to go over my test results. There are a few questions I have as far as the results and I have my copy to bring along to ask. I did post a thread on my test results and some have commented that my cholesteral is good because my HDL is 68 pts but the overall cholesteral went up to 213 from 138 (pre diet) so I'm not so sure that's a good thing. Some say that the doc should retest me once I'm on Atkins for 6 months. My DH is betting that the doc will tell me to stop Atkins and eat normal. Love that word: normal! If I eat carbs, I cannot eat normal - - THAT'S THE POINT he doesn't get. Carbs make me HUNGRY!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

LInda, by change it up do you mean the frittata? It's basically eggs, with cream and a bit of cheese, and everybody calls eggs the miracle food and most have for bkfst. I don't want to have to cook at 7:00am, which is why this works..any ideas?

As I said, I lost a whopping 1 pound on my week of 72, AND today I am up .2....AAARRGH, I don't know what is going on! Could it be the 7 pork rinds I had at 8 last night??

If you mean the Pilates, my plan is to do that a couple times a week, and do my upper and lower body workouts other days, and perhaps the walking, although I barely break a sweat with that.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, you missed the point...

Change your food around. You have frittata and chicken every day at the same time.
I was using excercise as an analogy that your body gets "used" to the same food and processes effortlessly. As in our muscles by using them the same way, doesn't have to work harder because it's "been there and done that". Your cells talk to each other as well as your organs (intestines, stomach, bowels). Shake it up a bit is the point. Make your body "work" for you.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another breakfast idea: Get some ground turkey and make sausage patties and there's a protein; then make some flax muffins and have a sausage pattie and a muffin for breakfast.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Linda,

I knew that it wasn't good to have the same thing too many times during the day, e.g., eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch and dinner BUT I had no idea our bodies got used to eating the same thing and that could affect weight loss. It makes sense.

I had my last personal trainer session today. I would like to continue, but it's mighty pricey.

I've lost a whole .5 pound in the last 3 weeks. The trainer remeasured my fat with the caliphers and my fat content has decreased, but the basic measurements haven't changed.

Oh how I wish the quick weight loss I experienced the first 2 months would happen again. Although it makes sense that when your body is getting ready to stop, it will put on the brakes and slow down. I think forcing things at this point would be like running a red light.

Thanks again for the menu tip. I'm going to round up some new menus and prepare for my next shopping trip.

Last edited by AMonkey; 04-08-2009 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Hi Linda

Haven't been around got ourself a new computer...so lost all info concernning my lowcarb friends....but found it now

My doctor results were fantastic...my diabeties is under control...no medication ..cholesterol no problem...i'm a little anemic...but that's always been a problem until my menopause sets in..which it had already...

You've been such good help to me in the past ..i just wanted to reach you and tell you about my good results ...but now i've got to get back into it...everything is good so of course we always seem to forget how we got there.....but i've got to keep it up...i've been doing not to bad but want to get back into it...low carbs

Again thank you and i'm glad i found you again...to keep track of your progress..

Got to go to work...talk to you later

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-09-2009 at 09:20 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Mommy, glad to see you here-looks like you're doing great! What wonderful results!
We are all working hard, trying to stay pure, and get those last pounds off, and will do whatever we can to help when needed.

If you want to read this very long thread, you'll see all of our stories.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mommy, glad to see you here-looks like you're doing great! What wonderful results!
We are all working hard, trying to stay pure, and get those last pounds off, and will do whatever we can to help when needed.

If you want to read this very long thread, you'll see all of our stories.
Hi there ...yes i'm planning on reading all the updates...need the motivation to keep going ...i'm lacking behind,

I was doing great...but i'm not moving anymore for the last month i'm staying at the same weight...so now i know i
got to lower down my carbs...i was eating less than 100 carbs a day and now i'm up 120 or more a day...it does make a difference...

so now i'm back...reading everybody progress really helps

good luck on your journey....
Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi there ...yes i'm planning on reading all the updates...need the motivation to keep going ...i'm lacking behind,

I was doing great...but i'm not moving anymore for the last month i'm staying at the same weight...so now i know i
got to lower down my carbs...i was eating less than 100 carbs a day and now i'm up 120 or more a day...it does make a difference...

so now i'm back...reading everybody progress really helps

good luck on your journey....
Mommy! Missed ya! Whhaaat? 120 grams of carbs per day! Atkins is 20 grams a day! That's when you'll lose weight. You are not on Atkins if you are doing 100-120 carb grams a day. That is not even low carb by any plan!

We are hardcore here on this thread! Did you ever get any of the Atkins's books? Would recommend that you do even if you go to the library - read them. As long as you consume carbs - the fat won't come off. Even though, us on this thread have 10-15 lbs to lose, eating on 20 grams of carbs is no piece of cake (pardon the pun)for us. I have a feeling you'd be the biggest loser on this thread if you went to 20 grams carbs. Are you up for the challenge?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

That's right, Mommy-gotta lower those carbs-if I had that many I certainly wouldn't be maintaining, so you're lucky-I've been on 12 gm carbs or less for three weeks, averaging around 1400 calories, exercising often, and have lost less than 1 pound.

So stock up on yummy low carb food, post often, and let's get going!

Last edited by Scotty; 04-09-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mommy! Missed ya! Whhaaat? 120 grams of carbs per day! Atkins is 20 grams a day! That's when you'll lose weight. You are not on Atkins if you are doing 100-120 carb grams a day. That is not even low carb by any plan!

We are hardcore here on this thread! Did you ever get any of the Atkins's books? Would recommend that you do even if you go to the library - read them. As long as you consume carbs - the fat won't come off. Even though, us on this thread have 10-15 lbs to lose, eating on 20 grams of carbs is no piece of cake (pardon the pun)for us. I have a feeling you'd be the biggest loser on this thread if you went to 20 grams carbs. Are you up for the challenge?
Hi Linda...did you read my previews thread about the doctors results ????

I am doing very well...i did lose 15 lbs and i'm still exercising lots ....walking with leslie samsone about 15 to 18 miles a week plus i started a new exercise program (t-tapps)

But as for the food....i was doing o.k. but now i'm eating to many carbs(at about over 100 carbs) and i know it..i'm losing control (still not eating the chips except on saturdays)...but but to eat only 20 gram a day don't know about that....i would think i would need more if i exercise so much...but to be up to the challenge...don't know about that either ...like to keep myself between 50-80 gram a day for now ....i did read dr atkin's book ..so maybe i'm in the wrong thread then... i guess i could consider myself being on OWL...

Sorry don't know what else to tell you...but i'm glad i found you and been reading your thread...you seem to be doing well...keep up the good job

Was wondering too how your boss-friend was doing with his diabeties??? still following the low carb program??

Later

Gaets

Last edited by mommy_gates; 04-09-2009 at 02:52 PM..
Old 04-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Hi Linda...did you read my previews thread about the doctors results ????

I am doing very well...i did lose 15 lbs and i'm still exercising lots ....walking with leslie samsone about 15 to 18 miles a week plus i started a new exercise program (t-tapps)

But as for the food....i was doing o.k. but now i'm eating to many carbs(at about over 100 carbs) and i know it..i'm losing control (still not eating the chips except on saturdays)...but but to eat only 20 gram a day don't know about that....i would think i would need more if i exercise so much...but to be up to the challenge...don't know about that either ...like to keep myself between 50-80 gram a day for now ....i did read dr atkin's book ..so maybe i'm in the wrong thread then... i guess i could consider myself being on OWL...

Sorry don't know what else to tell you...but i'm glad i found you and been reading your thread...you seem to be doing well...keep up the good job

Was wondering too how your boss-friend was doing with his diabeties??? still following the low carb program??

Later

Gaets
Yes, I read your results and they are great! That's why I think going lower carb would really work for you. How much do you want to lose at this point?

Perhaps for you, just cutting down the carbs is all you need to do. Some people can eat 40 grams and maintain their weight. Most of us would love to eat 100 carbs and still lose! (me for one) I would be happy for 40-60 grams of carb a day to maintain once I hit my goal of 135. My body is fighting it though and exercise is about the only thing to do yet.

The lab results are great too. You must be doing something right! You excercise and that's what I need to do more of. I bought a step platform at WalMart today so I'll try doing the dance aerobics DVD I bought earlier this week.

I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning to go over my lab results. My total cholesteral went from 138 to 213. Not so good. My HDL is: 68 which is good. We'll see what he says. The thryoid test is normal too from what I can tell.

My boss lost 22 lbs in a month and 1/2. He skips breakfast some days and eats a hard boiled egg on some days w/mayo. For lunch, we eat the same. In the evening, he eats alot lighter than I do - lunchmeat, cheese, cottage cheese most evenings. He has alot more to lose and it's amazing how he has been able to cut the carbs and says he is not hungry. When we eat carbs, our appetites go haywire. Today, at lunch we went to Applebee's. He ordered a oriental salad with shrimp on top. I ordered a sirloin steak, shrimp on top, garden salad and broccoli. I eat more than he does! He didn't even eat all of his. I had every last bite of mine. He is having some stomach/back problems now (started before Atkins) and now he's being tested. I hope the high protein/low carb isn't the reason why it got worse or didn't go away. His next appointment w/doc will be in about a week. I'm not sure if his diabetes went away since he wasn't tested for that. His doc knows he is on Atkins and is happy with his weight loss.

If you are comfortable at what you're doing, then that's what you should be doing. Stay on this thread and post your menus and excercise routine. We all have things to learn from each other. I'm proud of you and that's the bottom line!