Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
If the link didn't work how did you see how much it was?
Funny, I just tried the link and it worked....
Yow, I just read some of the reviews...I think I'm scared. Never done anything like this before.

I had a need for something sweet, so had some sf jello and a bit of heavy cream.

When I clicked your link earlier tonight - it didn't come up. Now it does.

I was referring to today at my grocery store it was only $22.00 - but I've paid more than that over the years at my drugstore and Vitamin Shoppe.

Scared? You never took a herbal pill or fiber? My boss just took 6 of them last night and have a very pleasant experience!
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I have to agree with the smaller more frequent meals. I find that I am eating more than I need to, and that's not a good habit. One of the wonderful things about Atkins is that we don't have to go hungry while losing weight and fat. But I feel so much better when I eat smaller meals. And I don't digest things very quickly. I ate over 2 hours before working out, but that still wasn't long enough. I can totally identify with that "my burger is still digesting" feeling. Speaking of that - oh my! the Carl's Junior $6 burger with bacon, cheese and guacamole wrapped in lettuce. I should cut it in half - but I don't, and then am I sorry.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
I have to agree with the smaller more frequent meals. I find that I am eating more than I need to, and that's not a good habit. One of the wonderful things about Atkins is that we don't have to go hungry while losing weight and fat. But I feel so much better when I eat smaller meals. And I don't digest things very quickly. I ate over 2 hours before working out, but that still wasn't long enough. I can totally identify with that "my burger is still digesting" feeling. Speaking of that - oh my! the Carl's Junior $6 burger with bacon, cheese and guacamole wrapped in lettuce. I should cut it in half - but I don't, and then am I sorry.
So far, by eating smaller meals more often and taking magnesium - my digestion has speeded up dramatically. I'm back on the DANDR now and no weight gain :::cross my fingers:::: If after my TOM, if I don't drop any weight, I'll probably go back to Atkins 1972.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Good morning all! How did you do yesterday??

I am at 157.4-soooooo slow, but at least in the right direction; my stix are finally in moderate. I can actually call them, if not purple, magenta.
Linda, so what are we talking about-quality time in the bathroom??

Another long day today, as our dress rehearsal is tonight at the beautiful Mortensen Hall of the Bushnell. That will mean low cals and carbs.

I won't be able to ex. till Sunday. What a shame...

Last edited by Scotty; 04-02-2009 at 05:52 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning all! How did you do yesterday??

I am at 157.4-soooooo slow, but at least in the right direction; my stix are finally in moderate. I can actually call them, if not purple, magenta.
Linda, so what are we talking about-quality time in the bathroom??

Another long day today, as our dress rehearsal is tonight at the beautiful Mortensen Hall of the Bushnell. That will mean low cals and carbs.

I won't be able to ex. till Sunday. What a shame...
Good Morning Girls,

Yucky rain today again. The good news is I dropped a pound.
Congrat to you Donna for dropping a pound!

******: Cal: 1365, Carb: 18.3, Protein: 45, Fat: 48

B: nothing but black coffee
L: Tuna Casserole Quiche, 1/2 cup yellow squash
Snack: BK double cheeseburger - plain, no roll and 1 slice Alpine Lace cheese
D: 4 oz boneless chicken breast breaded in egg and pork rinds
3/4 cup of Asparagus - parboiled and sauteed in ghee and garlic powder
No snack at night

I did some leg floor excercises last night and some leg kick ups.

Donna,
You take the herbal cleanse and/or magnesium right before you go to bed and you wake up, go to the bathroom, then weigh yourself and whooosshhhhh - lbs are gone!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, actually, it was .3 pound...
But I'm glad YOU lost a pound.
I have taken the mag for 2 days-1 500mg, and have "gone" both days, but nothing dramatic, if you know what I mean, and the weight is still slow.

Last edited by Scotty; 04-02-2009 at 07:01 AM..
Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, actually, it was .3 pound...
But I'm glad YOU lost a pound.
I have taken the mag for 2 days-1 500mg, and have "gone" both days, but nothing dramatic, if you know what I mean, and the weight is still slow.
Supplements take a couple of weeks. It doesn't work like doctor's magic pills. You body needs time to "adjust" and it will. Most American's are severely lacking in Magnesium. The Ultimate Cleanse will finish the job of the magnesium and clear out your colon and liver. When you take the Ultimate Cleanse for 1 week and stop, the magnesium will do the maintenance.

I originally started taking Magnesium (from advise of Earl Mindell's Vitamin Book) because I will getting tension headaches from work and I didn't want to be swallowing aspirins every day. It worked like a charm and the icing on the cake was that I was more regular than ever.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Roxy1975
Stats: 156/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2004/re-induction (again) March 2009
Good morning! I think I am going to breakdown and buy a new scale - this morning when I got up I knew that there would be a change in the numbers but since I don't have a scale I can't tell for sure. :/

Here are my stats from yesterday:

Cals: 1368
F: 62%
P: 32%
C: 6%

All in all was a pretty good day.... I'm happy I managed to get my fat intake up a little.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Roxy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy1975 View Post
Good morning! I think I am going to breakdown and buy a new scale - this morning when I got up I knew that there would be a change in the numbers but since I don't have a scale I can't tell for sure. :/

Here are my stats from yesterday:

Cals: 1368
F: 62%
P: 32%
C: 6%

All in all was a pretty good day.... I'm happy I managed to get my fat intake up a little.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Hi Roxy,
Your numbers above look good. Get a good digital scale. I bought mine from WalMart for $40 - HealthMeter brand. It gives you the hydration level, keeps your weight in memory, tracks how many lbs from your goal weight, bone density and fat percentage.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Roxy-got mine at Target-weight watcher's, about $50. It also does those things like Linda's, but I can't program it!! ARRGGH!

BUT, if you get one that is accurate to .1 pound like mine, try not to get obsessive (like me). I am putting the weight in my ******, and watchinig it go down (slooooowly). When I look at where I was a couple years ago....sigh....
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Hi Linda - Thanks for the kind words of support and the awesome tip on a cool digital scale! It sounds like it may even making weighing myself FUN! LOL... ok... maybe thats a stretch.

As the weekend approaches I am starting to worry more and more about sticking on plan - does anyone else have this problem? I know when it comes to my food choices for the most part I should be ok... its just the WINE... oh I can hear it calling my name now! HA! Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Roxy, I understand. What I have done is just NOT have any in the house. If it's there I will drink it. If you are going out, I don't know what to say, except make every other drink water or club soda.

Sadly, sometimes I just decide not to do anything on the weekend that will make me eat or drink, since I CANNOT stay on program (OP) when I eat out, since I love to eat out. I am trying to lose so I can feel not so bad about splurging for my 40th anniversary, at one of the best restaurants in the area, and then the day after, Easter brunch. But I figure I deserve a treat after 40 years with my first husband...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Atkinsgoddess, you are such an inspiration - congrats on 40 years together that is such fabulous news! I am so excited for you to go out and celebrate! And I know you are going to look like a million bucks! You're right - sometimes its better to just avoid temptation at all costs. I know thats the way for me - its easier to just not have it in the house. I know all your hard work is going to pay off and your celebratory dinner and your Easter brunch are going to taste FABULOUS!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, on the vegetable glycerine-mine has no nutritional info. Do you know anything about it-how I should count it?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mine doesn't either. Look up nutritional info on Google.com for vegetable glycerine and see what you come up with.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Just got back from dress rehearsal, exhilarated and exhausted. How I love doing this! Sleep not possible yet, so thought I'd write down my food for the day.

I could eat, but will not, because I want to keep my cals around 1400...I'd sure love a hot toddy, though...

cals 1416
fat 73%
carbs 3% (12.4 gross)
protein 24%

B-the usual
L-the usual
D- 6oz burger with mayo; fauxtatoes with some extra ghee

I am hoping for another day "in the magenta" and maybe more than a .3 loss?????

Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everybody!

Been busy tonight. Visited my future son in law - he seems like his ole self. He will be out either tomorrow or the weekend - if doctor signs off.

Then came home and "created" a recipe for a breakfast thing. It turned out great! It's a keeper. Getting tired of eggs and want to eat something in the morning so I can take my vitamins and B-Complex.

Lemon Flax Seed Muffins

2 cups almond flour
2 Tablespoons flax seed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teasoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons of Thicken/Thin - Not Sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil - melted
1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla syrup
4 eggs
1 Tablespoon lemon extract
1 Tablespoon Penzey's Lemon Peel

Mix the wet ingredients, add the dry and stir with wire whip. Put in paper lined muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins.

I figured out the carbs for the above muffins on ******.

Cal: 288
Fat: 23g
Carb: 2.7
Protein: 9g

I need to add some fiber in my diet and I believe I'll go on OWL for the next week and see if I will still lose some lbs.

Todays menu:

B: 1 hard boiled egg
L: 3 chicken thighs baked
D: McD's double cheeseburger - plain, no bun and side salad
Later: one of those above muffins and 3 slices of Alpine Lace Cheese

Calories: 1538
Fat: 58%
Protein: 41%
Carbs: 4% = 14.3
Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

For me, the weekends are not as hard as the work week. At home I have easy access to low carb food, and am less stressed - and therefore have less need to snack. Drinking herbal tea, and munching on celery is very helpful. And to be honest, in the first few weeks I sometimes went to bed early to avoid temptation.

Quote:
Hi Linda - Thanks for the kind words of support and the awesome tip on a cool digital scale! It sounds like it may even making weighing myself FUN! LOL... ok... maybe thats a stretch.

As the weekend approaches I am starting to worry more and more about sticking on plan - does anyone else have this problem? I know when it comes to my food choices for the most part I should be ok... its just the WINE... oh I can hear it calling my name now! HA! Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing-
Linda,-glad SIL seems better.
Muffins sound great, except I don't have the not sugar stuff, and I don't even think I'll use half the stuff I just got!! Any sub for it?

The glycerine appears to be low cal-4.3 and low carb, but I can't find a count. Most of what I read talks about putting it on your skin...how do you count it for the coconut bread.

Monkey-yes, going to bed is an option..

[COLOR="Purple"]After the low cal, low carb day reported yesterday, and the stix still magenta this morning, I am UP .1 pound. For a system that "works 100% of the time if you follow it" I seem to be the exception to the rule this time around..[/COLOR]

Last edited by Scotty; 04-03-2009 at 05:30 AM..
Old 04-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Muffins sound great, except I don't have the not sugar stuff, and I don't even think I'll use half the stuff I just got!! Any sub for it?
You can sub for 1/2 cup of Splenda. Can't believe it rises and has the consistency of regular non-diet muffins. My husband thinks I should start a website for low carb foods! He wants me to make some for him using regular sugar. It's funny how alot of men just won't tolerate artificial sugar. My boss can't stand the aftertaste and thinks his stomach hurts with it. That's ok - more for me!

When I made the coconut bread? I just didn't count it.

I first read about using veg. gylc off one of these boards or else the Blood Type Diet boards - forget which one. I tend to think it's zero carbs because it reminds me of veg oil. For some reason it has a sweet taste.

Get your doctor to run a thyroid and hormone test. Keep taking the magnesium and get the Ultimate Cleanse.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday everyone! Yesterday was .... ok.... I kinda got pretty derailed. But I'm back on track today.... it was such a silly slip up. Friends came over last night and we all had a few glasses of wine and I ended up snacking way too much. It was all LC but.. It was all food I didn't need. :/ PLUS - I had too much wine. oh well, I can't complain because no one forced the wine down my throat... I willingly drank it. I'm back on track today and I hope everyones day panned out better than mine.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Roxy-take from the voice of experience. The wine will get ya every time-it gives you an appetite AND takes away the inhibition against eating. Be strong.

Just got back from taking part in a thrilling performance of Verdi's "Requiem with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra. Maybe I used up some calories singing??

But I do need to stay accountable-another low carb, lower cal day-trying to stay around 1400-just had the rest of a chicken breast that I had to wolf down before our call, but I am satisfied:
cals-1430
fat-60%
carbs-3%- 13.4 gross
protein-36%-a little high, but maybe that's why I'm not too hungry...

Pleas hope for me for a little loss tomorrow.

Awfully quiet here today. Hope everyone had as fulfilling an evening as I did.

Last edited by Scotty; 04-03-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!
Took boss to doctor. He's been having acute stomach pain for a month now and getting worse. This started before Atkins, by the way. Doc gave him antibiotics for now but he has lab tests to get and a colonosopy (sp) to do. He said it could be about 6-7 things so it's not an easy diagnosis. He's had digestive problems for years and years. Never took good care of himself. Never believed in doctors and mocked me for going. So....he has to eat crow now. Eventually, we all need doctors.

My daughter and future SIL came over tonight and I made steaks on the grill, red sauteed cabbage w/ghee, green beans and Ghiardelli Milk Chocolate chip cookies for his homecoming (for the kids) . Very tempting for me to munch down on those cookies but I remained pure. Kept picturing those cookies with devils horns on them. But to pat myself for abstaining from the cookies, I did have 2 vodka and pomegranite seltzers while we played board games. Didn't eat anything since supper. Not hungry...yet. Depends on how late I stay up and it's 11:43 right now.

My menu and ******:

B: 3 scrambled eggs, 4 slices of pre-cooked bacon and a lemon flax muffin
L: skipped
Snack: 3 slices of Alpine Lace Swiss cheese
D: Delmonico steak, 1/4 cup green beans and 1/4 cup red sauteed cabbage

Cal: 1424, Fat: 55%, Pro: 31%, Carbs: 14.9 g

Donna,
I bet you are pumped up! I wish I could have watched you sing!
Yes, you have burned 1,000 calories tonight.
You will lose 1 lbs, 1 oz. from tonight's performance
Weight yourself before the frittata tomorrow morning.
Your keto stik will remain magenta
You will be a happy camper.

Nighty night
Old 04-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Roxy,

Yup! Wine is a double whammy. First, it tastes good; next, we relax and want just a little more relaxation; then, it's just fun - the conversation and mood and then inhibitions and self control diminish - leaving us open for suggestions for "just one bite" and "just one more drink."

I have always been under such a spell about food. I'd get cravings from seeing a food commercial or see someone eating something and I'd eventually give in. The stupid thing is that I'd eat something that I wasn't really crazy about.

I'm starting to think more about my relationship to food. I thought I'd keep some sugar free candies at my desk to avoid the mid-day sugar crunch. Well, I ate the whole bag (2 servings) or Russell Stover sugar free candies. And like I said, I didn't even enjoy them.

So is it bad habit, allergy - what "makes" us have a crazy relationship with food?

Quote:
Happy Friday everyone! Yesterday was .... ok.... I kinda got pretty derailed. But I'm back on track today.... it was such a silly slip up. Friends came over last night and we all had a few glasses of wine and I ended up snacking way too much. It was all LC but.. It was all food I didn't need. :/ PLUS - I had too much wine. oh well, I can't complain because no one forced the wine down my throat... I willingly drank it. I'm back on track today and I hope everyones day panned out better than mine.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

You Were Wrong, Linda!

[COLOR="Red"]I lost 1.[COLOR="Blue"]2[/COLOR] pounds!!! Stix are magenta!![/COLOR] You are psychic! It better not go back up tomorrow....Planning on measuring today.

I don't know what I did right, but I will take it!! Maybe it's the calories (dammitt)

I was going to buy some wine or vodka to celebrate the success of the concert, but decided against it, knowing that I can't stop at just one. I've done without it for several weeks and can certainly wait till next weekend, and maybe even not then.... (naw...)

Monkey, the gal next to me at work keeps nuts, fruit, and sometimes rice pudding to snack on during the day, and she stays about the same weight always. I brought some almonds to work and couldn't stop. I no longer bring snacks to work.

BTW Monkey, love your picture-you are so cool looking! (I went back to look at it again, but it's not there..am I in the Twilight Zone??)

Linda, hope the boss gets things taken care of. Glad you persuaded him. Your meal sounded yummy, and I'm sure the kids enjoyed everything. I'm really enjoying using the ghee. Love the nutty flavor.

Last edited by Scotty; 04-04-2009 at 05:51 AM..
Old 04-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

I feel like I'm talking to myself today! That's ok-I need to write things down.
I have figured out my eating for the day-with tonight's concert, it will be a lower day again:
B-fried egg, 1 minute muffin
L-chix salad w/ mayo, cuke, and celery
D-chix leg/thigh combo roasted
S-espresso with heavy cream-I'm really sleepy and I need to stay awake!

I may have something when I get home, but I don't know what yet, so here is my food so far
cals-1368
fat-67%
carbs-3% 13.6 gross
protein 30%

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, low carb day. The sun is finally coming out!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

The only picture I have is my Sarah Conner Avatar. I do need to post some before and during pictures. My hair is the same color - but that's about it.

We went out to breakfast today with a friend and her father who is visiting from out of town. I allowed myself a little (tablespoon) of fried potatoes and a small portion of buckwheat pancakes with a few strawberry slices. And in my new plan not to overeat "even though I can with Adkins," I shared half of my 4 egg omelete (spinach, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes and Feta cheese) with the people who shared their pancakes and strawberries.

I donated the banana nut muffin that came with the meal to my husband - who by the way - was not only greatful, but was proud of my determinaton.

Whew! It's getting easier. However, I admit that I have no self control when eating those Russell Stover sugar free candies. Fake food is bad - and i gotta knock if off and get it together!

After TOM we'll see where the weight lands.

Last edited by AMonkey; 04-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Just popping in to say I lost another .7 of a pound! I'll take it, but my stix are back to barely trace..what's up with that??

Nothing planned today but a little grocery shopping-going to Whole Foods for some non sugar/nitrate bacon, cream, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I did my Pilates-oy, the pain...
Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Sorry if this is TMI. I had trouble with the last batch of Bayer Ketostix. The results varied based on the way I tested the strip (stream or dip). The only way to get a result out of the strips was to pee into a cup and dip the stick. The results were always negative when I stuck them under the stream.

I finally finished the batch and will not be getting the same brand again. I know the sticks can get ruined from age and heat - maybe I had a bad batch.

Quote:
Just popping in to say I lost another .7 of a pound! I'll take it, but my stix are back to barely trace..what's up with that??

Nothing planned today but a little grocery shopping-going to Whole Foods for some non sugar/nitrate bacon, cream, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I did my Pilates-oy, the pain...
Old 04-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, just checking in

[COLOR="Blue"]Hi Girls,
Just checking in.

Donna: Congrats on your weight loss

Monkey, maybe I should dip my too. Never got past the 1st color. Mine are new. Dr. A did mention there are a few folks out there that ketosis doesn't show up on stik. My breath and urine tell me different.

I'll been busy this weekend. Marinading a Puerto Rican pork roast now. Hope DH doesn't complain with the garlic smell that is going to embark throughout the house later today. He hates garlic smell. He opens up every window in the house whether it's winter of not. He can't stand seafood smell either. The only thing he likes to smell is his baked goods - obviously because its for him. I can't stand that smell when I'm die - ting.

Made a pizza today for lunch with flax seed crust. It was ok. Something to hold the toppings on but easy and quick.

Making hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill for supper. Trying to get ambition to make Ooppsie rolls for next week to have sandwiches. Not all that impressed with them either. I found a recipe for flax hamburger buns but I cannot find these "MUFFIN TOP PANS" that it calls for. Must be a southern thing.

Can't easily do ****** with the concoctions I'm making so I'm not even going to try. I don't want to be a slave to it. I think I've got the idea. Only if I start gaining, I'll go back to it. [/COLOR]