Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
My thoughts are with you and your daughter. My friend's mom was bi-polar. It wasn't easy for anyone. Was she on meds and was she somewhat normal? Per my future son in laws mom - the episodes go from 3-5 yrs. I find that hard to believe.

From what I remember of Atkin's '72 - it was iceburg lettuce salad, and that was that. Although I belive Romaine should be used instead as it is far superior. And lots of supplements were required. I punked out on the diet - but my husband lost 25 pounds. His doctor recommended Atkins as a way to control his weight and keep him from having to take blood pressure medicine.

Hmm, I never even thought of the iceburg - I'm been eating all kinds of greens - different lettuces even purple. I do take lots of supplements. I don't have high blood pressure but cholesteral has been high since in my 20's but my HDL was so much higher than my LDL so they didn't say much. In my 40's it went the other way around and I was put on Zocor and kept it down. It was 260 then reduced to 138.

I've gotten some great advise from people on this site as far as cholesteral. I had a test when I was 3 months into Atkins - and the figures were up. My tri's and good HDL were pretty good though. I was told to wait 6 months before taking the cholestral readings as is. there's too much going on with our bodies during the first months of Atkins.

Atkins has a big impact on the body, our fat mobilizes and things occur. For example, I began having a period every 2 weeks. After hundreds of dollars in tests (yes - even with insurance) the doctor can find no reason. I've heard from people on this site that is common.

I've been running out of steam working out - I told my trainer I was concerned about not getting enough carbs when working out. She said to stick with the low carb - and add more vegetables and fruit - not pasta. I'm working out and staying in the proper carb and calorie range and the scale really isn't moving, and the tape measure is getting bored. But at some point -I think things just take time.
Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat - you are building muscle now. Give it time.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I have never heard of the 3 or 5 year thing, and frankly that concerns me. I think the mom took meds, but she married several times was erratic at home, but lovely in public. My dear friend stuck by her spouse who had severe depression, angry when he didn't take his medicine. She finally tried to leave him and he stopped her - permanently.

I tried Zocor and ended up with very painful calf cramps - and my muscle began to atrophy. Are you taking Fish Oil and CoEnzme 10 to offset the damage the Zocor is doing to your body? A friend at work was prescribed Fish Oil (higher dosage) to manage the cholestral.
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

I have never heard of the 3 or 5 year thing, and frankly that concerns me. I think the mom took meds, but she married several times was erratic at home, but lovely in public. My dear friend stuck by her spouse who had severe depression, angry when he didn't take his medicine. She finally tried to leave him and he stopped her - permanently.

I tried Zocor and ended up with very painful calf cramps - and my muscle began to atrophy. Are you taking Fish Oil and CoEnzme 10 to offset the damage the Zocor is doing to your body? A friend at work was prescribed Fish Oil (higher dosage) to manage the cholestral.

My friend has a link to an awesome post on this site about cholestral. I've asked her for it and will share it when I get it.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

[COLOR="Black"]What do you mean permanently? Did he kill her?[/COLOR]

I tried Zocor and ended up with very painful calf cramps -

and my muscle began to atrophy [COLOR="black"]my muscle mass has been reduced but I never connected it with Zocar. I'd better ask my doctor about that.[/COLOR]

. Are you taking Fish Oil and CoEnzme 10 to offset the damage the Zocor is doing to your body? [COLOR="black"]No, I didn't know about those things[/COLOR].
A friend at work was prescribed Fish Oil (higher dosage) to manage the cholestral.

My friend has a link to an awesome post on this site about cholestral. I've asked her for it and will share it when I get it.
[COLOR="black"]Thanks.[/COLOR]
Old 03-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

There are "manic episodes" - which sounds like what was explained. Some people have one, or some have more - spaced out. And there's more than one type of bipolar disorder. It looks like the first episode most often occur in the early 20's.

Bipolar 1 Disorder
Bipolar Disorder: Symptoms and Types

(My sister is a physician's assistant - she says Web MD is very reliable.)

Now that I think of it, my personal trainer mentioned that her boyfriend was diagnosed with bi-polar. So, it appears more people are impacted than I would have thought. My friend never mentioned the manic episodes, maybe she didn't want to talk about it. Her relationship with her mom is very tenative.

Again, my thoughts are with all of you.

Yes, he killed her.

Last edited by AMonkey; 03-28-2009 at 07:04 PM..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #396
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Black"]Monkey,

I read thru the WebMD last night after reading your post. It seems that it affects people in different ways and there's no way to predict. The doctors don't know everything except treatment.

I love him like a son and he is a great kind hearted person but it won't be easy for my daughter to live with - - - or have kids that she and he wanted. She will always have in back of her mind that it can be passed on - like it happened to her mother in laws father to all his kids.

Was your friend's spouse the "quiet type" of personality and then he just snapped during these episodes or was he generally a angry person all the time?[/COLOR]
Old 03-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

He was very sweet when medicated. But angry and forceful when not. He tried to commit suicide twice in his late teens. I don't want to compare his condition to your daughter's boyfriend's. But going through this experience - I just feel that I need to speak up.

You're certainly right to feel cautious about bringing kids into the situation. But I'd have to imagine some people work through it. My first husband is an alcoholic. I like many, thought I could "fix" him. All 3 of our kids struggle with alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Black"]Monkey,

I read thru the WebMD last night after reading your post. It seems that it affects people in different ways and there's no way to predict. The doctors don't know everything except treatment.

I love him like a son and he is a great kind hearted person but it won't be easy for my daughter to live with - - - or have kids that she and he wanted. She will always have in back of her mind that it can be passed on - like it happened to her mother in laws father to all his kids.

Was your friend's spouse the "quiet type" of personality and then he just snapped during these episodes or was he generally a angry person all the time?[/COLOR]
Old 03-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
He was very sweet when medicated. But angry and forceful when not. He tried to commit suicide twice in his late teens. I don't want to compare his condition to your daughter's boyfriend's. But going through this experience - I just feel that I need to speak up.

You're certainly right to feel cautious about bringing kids into the situation. But I'd have to imagine some people work through it. My first husband is an alcoholic. I like many, thought I could "fix" him. All 3 of our kids struggle with alcohol.
I do appreciate that you did speak up. It's like telling someone you've known all your life that you have cancer and then they avoid you. It's hard to talk about. My daughter is getting heat from his mom now. She is in one of her episodes and calls her and yells that my daughter needs to understand that he will be well WHEN his meds are right. This morning she called at 8:00 am and told her the same thing in a milder voice and expressed how her and her husband are afraid Jen will leave him. Jen said no, I am getting used to the idea. But really, for her to put the pressure on her when all this is new and it's too early to tell. It all depends on how he treats her in the near future. He did get demanding with her yesterday.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Link to Cholestral Thread

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ch...l#post11702773

Good stuff!

Annette
Old 03-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Monday

It seems a little shallow to post my weight loss woes in light of the recent conversation, but I need to be accountable.

After one week of pure 72-no cheating of any kind, I have lost 1.6 pounds-that's a pound and 9 ounces.

My averages are:
cals-1613
fat-63 %
carbs-2% (9.2 gross)
protein-35 %

I've been under 4 % carbs total for the month.

Yesterday's stats:
cals-1559
fat- 62 %
carbs-2 % (7.9 gross)
protein-36 %

I won't get my package from Netrition till today, so I don't know if I am in ketosis, but I suspect not, what with the small weight loss. I kept hoping for a whoosh, but no go. And, I am even up just a bit from the other day.

I am, of course, discouraged, but I have no plans to eat anything (until my 40th anniversary next week!!!) and will continue on.

I did get a new "Pilates for Dummies" DVD and did the workout yesterday. I did this virtually every day for 3 years. It's amazing how much flexibility I've lost, and how difficult the workout was (it was never easy), even though I have been doing other types of workouts. I think Pilates really works, and gives you the "long lean" appearance we all want. As a matter of fact, someone told me I looked exactly that (while I was doing it faithfully). My core, thigh fronts (can't remember what they are called) and tricepts ache a bit today, but I see that as a good thing. I will try again tomorrow-rehearsal tonight.

Linda, I hope you are able to stick to your plan as much as you can while this is going on-I'm sure the whole thing is devastatingly difficult.

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 03-30-2009 at 05:39 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:43 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="blue"]That's quite all right, Donna. This is a weight loss board - not a personal problem board. Anyone that wishes to private message me is free to do so.[/COLOR]

After one week of pure 72-no cheating of any kind, I have lost 1.6 pounds-that's a pound and 9 ounces.

[COLOR="Blue"]Did you have "fennel" last week at all? If you did, then that could be the reason because it is not on the list and you must only eat what's on the list. Fennel has pretty much carbs as I found out when I ate it and did my ******.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="blue"]
If you did eat only those things on the list - then, you are probably metabolically slow (I think I've mentioned this before) and probably aside from getting your thyroid or candida yeast checked -then excercise would be the only thing I could think of to get your metabolism up to speed.
[/COLOR]

My averages are:
cals-1613
fat-63 %
carbs-2% (9.2 gross)
protein-35 %

I've been under 4 % carbs total for the month.

Yesterday's stats:
cals-1559
fat- 62 %
carbs-2 % (7.9 gross)
protein-36 %

[COLOR="Blue"]I know that we are not to worry about calories per se; but as I read on in his 1972 book, sometimes going lower calories is needed for metabolism that are resistant. The calculation I mentioned was "echoed" by another member of these boards. If your desired weight is 140 lbs. You times that by 10 for your calories - which would be 1400. You may want to do some research on how many calories you should work towards for the weight you desire.

Another thing is when we are middle aged - you are fighting with your body's desire to hang on to the fat. It is mother natures way of protecting you in case of illness.

Perhaps excercise with a low carb diet, lower calories is the only way. You'll have to experiment with that to know for sure.
[/COLOR]

I won't get my package from Netrition till today, so I don't know if I am in ketosis, but I suspect not, what with the small weight loss. I kept hoping for a whoosh, but no go. And, I am even up just a bit from the other day.

I am, of course, discouraged, but I have no plans to eat anything (until my 40th anniversary next week!!!) and will continue on.

I did get a new "Pilates for Dummies" DVD and did the workout yesterday. I did this virtually every day for 3 years. It's amazing how much flexibility I've lost, and how difficult the workout was (it was never easy), even though I have been doing other types of workouts. I think Pilates really works, and gives you the "long lean" appearance we all want. As a matter of fact, someone told me I looked exactly that (while I was doing it faithfully). My core, thigh fronts (can't remember what they are called) and tricepts ache a bit today, but I see that as a good thing. I will try again tomorrow-rehearsal tonight.

Linda, I hope you are able to stick to your plan as much as you can while this is going on-I'm sure the whole thing is devastatingly difficult.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-30-2009 at 06:56 AM..
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 AM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I really don't think the amount of fennel I had could make a difference--- .7 carb or less per the amount I had each morning, if that. If that can make a difference, then there is something wrong with something....

It is REALLY hard for me to lower my calories, since I am HUNGRY... but I will try. Thanks for the help.

BTW, I made ghee yesterday-only had salted, and only a pound. The amount of milkfats and salt was amazing, but I use that to season, too. The ghee is very nutty and nice. I might use too much of it...

Last edited by Scotty; 03-30-2009 at 07:25 AM..
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Atkins 72

Where di you buy it? I am looking at lots of sellers, but not sure who to get it from. I don't see Amazon at a bargain price. I'm seeing the date of publication as 1981-is that correct? There is an earlier one with a white cover "the famous vogue diet explained" or something like that-should I get the newer publication or the original??

Atkins Facts - Atkins "Nightmare" Diet

Don't know how to make a link, but I just read this article. Don't know what to think....

Last edited by Scotty; 03-30-2009 at 11:03 AM..
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="blue"]Its the 1972 Dr. Atkins Revolutionary Diet book - paperback. [/COLOR]

Atkins Facts - Atkins "Nightmare" Diet [COLOR="Blue"]no, that's not it! [/COLOR]

Don't know how to make a link, but I just read this article. Don't know what to think....[/QUOTE]
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

Nope, that's not it but what do you all think of the article?

Right-there are several publication dates...

Just got my Netrition package. Really heavy, and only 44.95 shipping. I love that! Now... what do I do with everything??
fiberfit sweetner?
coconut flour (that cake, yum, but what else?)
carbalose-will have to study about using that
vegetable glycerine
thicken/thin-looking forward to trying that out
FiberD I think it's called-adds bulk to baked foods, not sure why I bought it...
Old 03-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

I mean $4.95 shipping....
PolyFiber???
Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Roxy1975
Stats: 156/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 2004/re-induction (again) March 2009
Hi everyone! I am re-inducting... again. I tried a few weeks ago, but with moving and starting a new job just a few days apart I gave in to my carb cravings.... but I am back and I would love to follow along with all your fabulous people!
Roxy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome to the boards Roxy !
Old 03-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Nope, that's not it but what do you all think of the article? [COLOR="Blue"] Dr. A has lots of debunkers - nothing new. Some newer news some of the debunkers are reversing their position.[/COLOR]Right-there are several publication dates... [COLOR="blue"]1972[/COLOR]

Just got my Netrition package. Really heavy, and only 44.95 shipping. I love that! Now... what do I do with everything??
fiberfit sweetner? [COLOR="blue"]Don't know - never used it[/COLOR]coconut flour (that cake, yum, but what else?) [COLOR="Black"] [COLOR="blue"]Look up coconut flour recipes on the internet - that's what I did .[/COLOR][/COLOR]carbalose-will have to study about using that
vegetable glycerine [COLOR="blue"]I replace sugar with that sometimes.[/COLOR]thicken/thin-looking forward to trying that out
FiberD I think it's called-adds bulk to baked foods, not sure why I bought it...
[COLOR="blue"]Don't know - don't have FiberD[/COLOR]
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

I will have to keep looking because all the dates I see for the book are in the 80s...odd....wouldn't these just be publications, though, not "new" editions?

Hi Roxy! Join the party!!

Last edited by Scotty; 03-30-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I will have to keep looking because all the dates I see for the book are in the 80s...odd....wouldn't these just be publications, though, not "new" editions?

Hi Roxy! Join the party!!
[COLOR="Blue"]I looked on Amazon.com just now. If you search under Atkins 1972, they have a 1981 2nd printing - if you look at the small print, it refers to 1972. "Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution".

Then, if you search Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution - you'll get the 1972 printing.

Be sure not to buy the NEW diet revolution - that's the one you've got.

Either way, it's there!

On Swanson.com they have coconut flour recipes. I just printed one out for UN-CLASSIC BROWNIES. Here's the recipe:

1/3 cup Coconut oil
1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
6 eggs
1/2 cup Frutose (I would use Spenda)
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia (I would skip that since I don't have it)
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Directions:
In a saucepan at low heat, blend together coconut oil and cocoa powder. Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, mix together eggs, fructose (Spenda) , liquid stevia, salt and vanilla. Whisk coconut floiur into batter until there are no lumps. Fold in nuts. Pour batter into a greased 11x7x2" or 8x8x2" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins.[/COLOR]
Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

****** for Monday 3/30/09

Calories: 1213
Fat: 54%
Protein: 45%
Carbs: 1% 3.4grams
Fiber: 1.1

Breakfast: none
Lunch: 3 oz roast beef, 1/4 cup string beans steamed
Dinner: 3 oz. monterey jack, small meatloaf sandwich on Oopsie roll w/mayo
Snack: ??? full now.

Average ****** for a week (3-24 to 3-30)

Cal: 1354
Carb: 3% = 12.8 g
Fib: 2.4%
Protein: 30%
Fat: 63%
Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I saw that it was the original NOT New, but the different pub. dates made me wonder.

stats:
1450 cals (closer...)
72% fat
2% carbs 7.6gms gross
26% protein

B-frittata w/mushrooms, bokchoy, cheddar, parm; decaf w/ splenda and 1T HC-I am modifying the 72 for bkfst-gotta eat something, whilst trying to lower cals...
L-med chix thigh, <1C baby greens w/ 1T dressing
Snack at 3:00-large HB egg
D- 7ounces braised beef-horseradish and butter; radish "potatoes" with brown butter

I am back from rehearsal and am hungry-I ate early-but I am not going to eat. I just hate feeling hungry, but I feel that way most of the time. When will the "not hungry" kick in??? Been 3 months...

Will be out every night but Wed. this week so cals will probably be low. This performance will be wonderful!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 AM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

I gained ANOTHER .3 pound!!!! Why isn't this working for me???
Carbs are super low, calories are moderate, fat good, doing a bit of exercise, getting in some water, stix was in "trace" today. I am SOOOO bummed.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-31-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I gained ANOTHER .3 pound!!!! Why isn't this working for me???
Carbs are super low, calories are moderate, fat good, doing a bit of exercise, getting in some water, stix was in "trace" today. I am SOOOO bummed.
If you don't want to stay on 1972 Atkins Induction until your keto stix go to ketosis, then takea herbal colon cleanse for a week. I take "Ultimate Cleanse" sold at Rite Aid drug store or Vitamin Shoppe. You'd be surprised how much comes out. You'll lose a couple of pounds on the 1st day!

Or at least take magnesium - 500 mg before you go to bed. Most of the population is lacking magnesium - besides, it make you go.

Do you use alot of salt? Could be water retention.

Did you ever have your thyroid checked? Maybe get a physical by your doctor and tell him about how you cannot lose on Atkins. That'll send a red flag for him to get some tests done.

Everyone on the board has been able to reduce their appetite with low carb so why "you're" not responding seems like there is a factor that is being overlooked. Dr. A says that carbs are what make people hungry. Meat and fat keeps your appetite at bay. This is the only diet I've been on that I was not hungry.

You ask WHY and I give you suggestions....but you probably think it's all bogus. I try everything and tweak "my way" when things don't work. If nothing is changing, I don't keep doing it my way.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Funny, I'm not particularly hungry this morning. I could eat, of course, and will.

I will look into the supplements. But colon cleans "for a week"??? Like a laxative every day for a week??? I've never done anything like that and don't know anything about it. Is
Ultimate Cleanse" a brand name? I am not constipated-go less than I used to, but I think there is less "left over", so to speak.

Magnesium is in tablet form? We don't have rite aid, I don't think, but have CVS and Walgreens.

I would say I use a moderate amount of salt- not a lot.

I am way overdue for a check up and will look into it.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-31-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Funny, I'm not particularly hungry this morning. I could eat, of course, and will.

I will look into the supplements. But colon cleans "for a week"??? Like a laxative every day for a week??? I've never done anything like that and don't know anything about it. Is
Ultimate Cleanse" a brand name? I am not constipated-go less than I used to, but I think there is less "left over", so to speak.

Magnesium is in tablet form? We don't have rite aid, I don't think, but have CVS and Walgreens.

I would say I use a moderate amount of salt- not a lot.

I am way overdue for a check up and will look into it.
Yes, Ultimate Cleanse is a brand name - if you can't find it in CVS then go to Vitamin Shoppe - I know they have it. If you don't have a Vitamin Shoppe near you - you can order online. It has been a miracle worker. 1 bottle is fiber and the other is herb - psylussim husk and lots more good herb.

Magnesium: My favorite is by Twin Labs - cheap-effective - and this will make you go. It's a capule filled with powdered magnesium - works dang fast. Don't buy the hard magnesium horse pills - they don't dissolve alot of the time.

The Ultimate Cleanse is hard horse pills and pleasant tasting and they do dissolve.

The Ultimate Cleanse - I take 3 of each bottle for a total of 6 - for 3 days, then 2 of each for 2 days, then 1 of each for the remaining week. Then, stop for a month. Magnesium is the maintenance - 1 or 2 a day.

Both are more effective before you go to bed. You're not going to have diahrea all day long and it is NOT painful or crampy. It's not a laxiative - it's a CLEANSING. Us humans are full of Sh@@!

Another thing...switch off what you've always eat and give your body a shock. Sometimes, we have food senstivities that we don't know about from eating the same food over and over again. In your case, it's Frittatas every morniing. Try eating something else, like chicken salad only, yes, in the morning. That would be just protein. Forget about the onion and whatever veggie you would put in it. Chicken and mayo - that's it - a cup full.

Atkins done right isn't just about keeping your carbs down - it's about re-structuring your eating habits competely so that you're not hungry.

Did you know that cabbage is a thryoid blocker? Too much of it is not good.
Bok Choy is in the cabbage family. Eliminate that and mushrooms. Mushrooms is "mold". Your body may not like it.

Food sensitivitiies show up as retaining water, excessive appetite because your body is telling you that it wants and needs "something else".

Do you get what I'm saying?

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-31-2009 at 07:28 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

I get it.

Now what do I do with the rest of the week's breakfast??? Hmmm, maybe give it to hubby...the amount of bok choy is minimal, but still....I've been eating the same bkfst for 3 (?) years. maybe it's time for a change. It's just that it's so convenient-I make 5 day's worth and in the morning just nuke the day's portion.

So, cleansing is different than laxative? I've seen pysillium husks, which Atkins recommends, but again, I don't think I am constipated. But cleansing? Maybe....I'll try anything. But I remember when I was going for my colonoscopy-I was doing WW at the time, and of course the purge before that is major. I didn't "have" much coming out, so to speak even then.

It just seems odd to try to lose weight by "cleansing".

Thanks for all the help. However, I'm already practically clucking with all the chicken I eat...

Last edited by Scotty; 03-31-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Old 03-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't care how "regular" a person is (and I am) - when I take Twin Lab Magnesium and Ultimate Cleanse - there is a lot stuck up in my colon. It's "cause and effect".

The colon needs cleansing - livers need cleansing and the result is getting rid of the fermented waste material that needs the help of herbs (as in Ultimate Cleanse) and fiber (which we are lacking in Atkins) and Magesium which is a mineral.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leisa and Annette - how are you guys doing?