Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Yes, I forgot the week of induction about the cream cheese when I made the Oopsies. :blush:

Last night I made them because I am out of Induction and need to have a sandwich thing.

Before work today, I started reading the Atkins 72 book. I looked up the revo rolls and saw he didn't use cream cheese. The onions as a variation boggles me but maybe it was meant for another Phase.

Did you read the beginning of the book where he says if you eat 2000-3000 calories - it's all right! Maybe its ok for those weighing 200 + lbs to eat that many calories because even that would be an improvement if they eat that much and being no-carb it would let them lose weight. The metabolsm book says that most obese people eat TOO LITTLE and that's part of the problem. But for many of us, calories of that caliber would not work.

I made my first EGG CREAM this morning. It was like a Starbuck's hot latte' but not for me in the morning - too sweet. The Protein Whey Shake is only 1 carb and according to my metabolism book - is the BEST way to start the day with more protein, vitamins, minerals and faster weight loss and it curbs hunger like no other food. I would have to just put it in my coffee and use my bullet (but without the raw eggs, Stevia and DaVinci's syrup).

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I just bought some radishes for home fries or whatever; 80% ground beef, and some chix thighs for lunches. I looked for those cleansing things, but wasn't sure about the Metamucil. I'm pretty "regular". I guess, but sure don't like the pooch.

I can't see where anything liquid would do it for me as a meal.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:13 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
I can tell you it gave me energy - I'm flying here at work. :::boss is impressed!:::
I was hungry by 1:00 for lunch. Since I'm not hungry for food for breakfast, adding it to my coffee (without raw eggs and non-caloric sugar) might just be the ticket for me.

Didn't get to making the pot roast last night so I have no idea what to defrost and make tonight. I'm thinking I'd better make a chocolate thing for the TOM coming. That's the only time I get hungry for chocolate.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, what do you mean by "it"? Metamucil, the shake-the 72.....all I know is that I am hungry-stomach hungry...

What should I put in my "shopping cart"? I have my stix, vegetable glycerin, carbalose, what kind of sweetner?? That fiberD stuff maybe...

That thicken/thin stuff is 14.99!!! Worth it??

Last edited by Scotty; 03-24-2009 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

I guess I'm done for the day.

B-1.4 xlg eggs, .8 oz fennel (not sure if this is right-1C raw for the week), 1 slice bacon, .8T hc, .8oz cheddar, 1T parm made into frittata-that's what it will be all week. decaf w/ 1T hc. I guess I"m having too much HC. Too late now that the frittata for the week is made. Used .25C for five days' worth.

L-5oz grilled chix breast, small salad, 1T champagne vinaigrette

Hungry when I got home! -2 chix wings

D- 7oz lean burger with 1oz horseradish cheddar, .5T mayo;
1C radish hashbrowns made with bacon, butter and some freeze dried shallots from China Town. Good, but not enough..

Sooooo. cals still too high-1704; 65% fat; 2% carbs (8.7 gross/1.9 gm fiber); 33 % protein.

What do you all think? I THINK I'm doing it right, but all those cals, and still hungry!!!

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda, what do you mean by "it"? Metamucil, the shake-the 72 all I know is that I am hungry-stomach hungry...

[COLOR="Blue"]I was responding to your saying that you don't think drinking liquid would satifsy your hunger. "It" = Egg cream I was talking about.[/COLOR]

What should I put in my "shopping cart"? I have my stix, vegetable glycerin, carbalose, what kind of sweetner?? That fiberD stuff maybe...

[COLOR="Blue"]I think liquid Splenda has been recommended by the posters. Erythritol Power and Erythritol granules (substit. sugar) is what I bought. I mentioned it on another post when we are talking about artificial sweetners. I've tried it and it's good. 4 carbs per 1 tsp - though - a little high, but it tastes and bakes like regular sugar and has 0 calories. The powdered is used for those coconut bars as I've seen posted by someone on another thread. It can be used as "powdered sugar" for like regular cakes or pound cakes that you would normally use regular powdered sugar for. Also, when I can eat strawberries, I would sprinkle this powered Erythritol on them and refridgerate to make a syrup[/COLOR]

That thicken/thin stuff is 14.99!!! Worth it??

[COLOR="Blue"]Yes, it's worth it. I need to use more of Thicken Thin to do the job than Guar Gum but Thicken Thin tastes better. I think (Thicken Thin) is worth it but know that it will be used up quick if you make alot of gravies. Guar gum is so cheap, I would buy that too. Maybe mix the two to stretch the Thicken Thin?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]If you like "breaded" chicken or pork chops and don't want to use pork rinds, maybe you would like to find a low carb breading product. Do you have coconut flour? Those peanut butter muffiins I made for boss - he loved!!! I did not have any but he used to be a chef and owner of a fine dining restaurant - so I'll take his word on it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Take your low carb recipes and look at the ingredients to see what you need and make your list from there. I do that to make sure I get everything.

You may want to see if they sell a "herbal" liver cleanse like "Ultimate Liver Cleanse by Nature's Secret. Ingesting all the "fat" we do, can be hard on the liver - not to mentioned the adult drinks we have - so I do this now and then to clean out. It has milk thistle in it which is known to be great for the liver. Or you could get "The Ultimate Cleanse" by the same manufacturer which is a safe way to clean your colon and do a DE-TOX at the same time. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Another thought - make sure you are taking a "high potency" vitamin (it is marked as such) and take it every day. You body may be screaming for a vitamin and it's communicating by making you hungry. I use Swanson's High Potency Vitamin w/Iron in a liquid gelcap. I found it works the best. My DH takes it without iron. [/COLOR]

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 03-24-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Old 03-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chinamom
Stats: need to lose 15
WOE: Atkins induction.
Start Date: 6 October 2008
I also need to lose 15 pounds. I am on day 4 of induction with no loss yet. Worried about eating too many calories. I am wondering how much I will drop during induction?
chinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamom View Post
I also need to lose 15 pounds. I am on day 4 of induction with no loss yet. Worried about eating too many calories. I am wondering how much I will drop during induction?
[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome Chinamom,

Which Atkins are you doing? Atkins 1972 Version is 1 week Induction and the newer 2002 version, it's 2 weeks. Results of how much you will lose cannot be predicted.

I started on the later version Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution was on it for 3 weeks and only lost 2 lbs, 8 1/2" body inches. A week ago, I did the Atkins 1972 version and lost 6 lbs that week. So, even though I don't have much to lose, it can be done and I will continue to keep my carbs down between 10-15grams doing the newer version until I reach 5 lbs before my goal. I am 2lbs away - then I"ll up my carbs by 5 grams and go from there.

I am reading the 1972 Atkins book now and he emphasizes that calories "don't count". This is a subject of much debate all across the boards and even I wonder about it. All I can tell you is with the original 1972 version of Atkins - which is the "lowest" carb version - calories do not count but you must obey it purely. Some days on the 1972 version Induction - I ate 1200 calories or lower and some days I ate 2000 + calories but I have not gained a pound - if anything I loss or stayed the same.

If you are doing the DANDR (Dr. Atkins NEW Diet Revolution) - you have more choices in foods and more carbs to eat; however, it seems to be a slower process.

Don't panic for not losing weight in 4 days. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the change. I read one poster on another board say that it took 1 month to lose any lbs!!! Then, swooosh! It came off quickly! So, suffice to say, everybody's body is different. Stick to whatever plan you choose and play by the rules and then the chances are in your favor that you'll lose weight. Drink the water too. When I am compliant with that, I have better results.

Hope this helps. [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I guess I'm done for the day.

B-1.4 xlg eggs, .8 oz fennel (not sure if this is right-1C raw for the week), 1 slice bacon, .8T hc, .8oz cheddar, 1T parm made into frittata-that's what it will be all week. decaf w/ 1T hc. I guess I"m having too much HC. Too late now that the frittata for the week is made. Used .25C for five days' worth.

L-5oz grilled chix breast, small salad, 1T champagne vinaigrette

Hungry when I got home! -2 chix wings

D- 7oz lean burger with 1oz horseradish cheddar, .5T mayo;
1C radish hashbrowns made with bacon, butter and some freeze dried shallots from China Town. Good, but not enough..

Sooooo. cals still too high-1704; 65% fat; 2% carbs (8.7 gross/1.9 gm fiber); 33 % protein.

What do you all think? I THINK I'm doing it right, but all those cals, and still hungry!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Soooo, Donna, what did you thnk of my recommendations in answering your shopping cart questions and what have you ordered? [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Linda, when I take my Magnesium/Calcium supplement daily, I don't get leg cramps and I was getting them EVERY night before.
[COLOR="Blue"]I do take a 500 mg Magnesium and Citrical every evening - maybe I need to up it. When I got into work this morning, told my boss and he gave me some potassium dots to put under my tongue and most of the residual stiffness went away. Now, it's a more of a memory twitch - when I move it a certain way. [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: chinamom
Stats: need to lose 15
WOE: Atkins induction.
Start Date: 6 October 2008
I am following Dr. Atkins NEW Diet Revolution, but doing a strict 2 week induction with no more than 15 carbs per day and nothing artificial or processed other than some cream cheese and a little liquid splenda.

I think I may be in ketosis today!
chinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Linda - I'm so sorry you had sucky trainers. I really lucked out with the young woman I have. She's sweet, encouraging and supportive, but she did work me hard (but not so hard my legs were wobbly). I've had a few other "trainer" experiences at other gyms duing my lifetime - and they pushed until I had "wobble legs" and struggled to walk the next day. I wonder if these trainers are just insensitive or love to see people suffer.

Leisa - awsome on the whoosh and the running! I'm not a runner - no stamina, but my husband loves to run. I'm sure you're wearing good shoes - that's so important. I found some Avia running shoes at Marshalls marked down to 19.99. They are SO comfortable and work great on the elliptical. My husband spent tons more on his running shoes (he had a gift certificate), but I think mine are better. Don't you love a bargain!

I ate too many Russell Stover sugar free candies today and couldn't eat lunch and you can guess what my stomach and intestines were doing the rest of the day. I will never, never do that again.

Here's to whooshes!!!!!!!

Annette
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Linda - I'm so sorry you had sucky trainers. I really lucked out with the young woman I have. She's sweet, encouraging and supportive, but she did work me hard (but not so hard my legs were wobbly). I've had a few other "trainer" experiences at other gyms duing my lifetime - and they pushed until I had "wobble legs" and struggled to walk the next day. I wonder if these trainers are just insensitive or love to see people suffer.

Leisa - awsome on the whoosh and the running! I'm not a runner - no stamina, but my husband loves to run. I'm sure you're wearing good shoes - that's so important. I found some Avia running shoes at Marshalls marked down to 19.99. They are SO comfortable and work great on the elliptical. My husband spent tons more on his running shoes (he had a gift certificate), but I think mine are better. Don't you love a bargain!

I ate too many Russell Stover sugar free candies today and couldn't eat lunch and you can guess what my stomach and intestines were doing the rest of the day. I will never, never do that again.

Here's to whooshes!!!!!!!

Annette
ooh, thanks for the tip on the shoes. I'm going to check Marshalls! I have done the sugar free candy thing.....mine were gummy bears...oh my it was NOT good! and I had to go sit at my dd's ballet class. I had to leave and go to the bathroom 10 miles away because the bathroom there is right there in the waiting room for moms. Not gonna happen! Sorry about that, but you're right, you never do it again.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Ni hao, China Mom!! Sounds like you're doing well! Today, day 3 of 72 induction, I am down almost a pound. Of course, I was UP OVER a pound from last week....

Linda, I think I will get the products-you had also recommended vegetable glycerine-for the cake? For a sweetener? I'm not sure about the erythritol because of the carbs-I have Splenda. But I might get the liquid Splenda-fiberfit??

STILL not really in ketosis-stix barely pink, but scale says 158.3, which is down .9 from yesterday. I'll take it...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]So far, I've used the vegetable glycerine for cake for a sweetner. I could have used it for my Cocoa/PB2 candy last night but forgot and used Stevia.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Netrition has this powdered Peanut Butter called PB2. It has Carbs of 3.4 g per 2 Tablespoons, Fiber .48g. I thought it would be good for a peanut butter craving instead of regular PB. It would also work for shakes. Don't ask me how it tastes because I didn't try the Cocoa bark yet. Probably will tonight. To make regular peanut butter from it, you mix 2 T of PB2 w/1 T of water and stir. I thought it would also work for chicken w/Satay sauce.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Yesterday, my stik were white - Maybe my stik are defective! I should return them with a note!
Yesterday's menu and ******:

B: Egg Cream w/Whey Protein Powder, 2 eggs, coconut oil, Davinci SF vanilla
L: 2 eggs fried w/2 strips of bacon, oopsie roll
D: Pork Chop w/bone on gas grill, 1 roasted fennel bulb, 1/2 cup cabbage w/ghee.
Later: shaved deli ham and 2 slices Kraft Deluxe w/dab of Grey Poupon

Calories: 1580
Fat: 71%
Protein: 26%
Carbs: 17.5g
Fiber: 4.8g

I didn't realise that 1 fennel bulb would be 8.6 grams of carbs. But perhaps the 4.8 g of fiber noted above is coming from that netting it to 4 grams approx.

This morning for breakfast, I made a small pot of Starbuck's coffee and added 1/4 cup of Whey protein vanilla powder and mixed it in my magic bullet. It tasted like a cappuccino! Forgot the coconut oil, though. I'm full now and don't want to eat breakfast which is the plan! [/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinamom View Post
I am following Dr. Atkins NEW Diet Revolution, but doing a strict 2 week induction with no more than 15 carbs per day and nothing artificial or processed other than some cream cheese and a little liquid splenda.

I think I may be in ketosis today!
[COLOR="Blue"]Congrats on your ketosis In the next few days, you should see some changes - whether in weight or inches. It is helpful if you would measure yourself and keep track of it. I lost more inches under that plan than weight. Dr. Atkins mentions in his book that the measuring tape is more your friend than the scale. Drink lots of water to flush out.[/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Donna,
I read more of the Atkins 1972 book - Dr. A had an enormous appetite and he saw this research by another Dr. on low carb and how it reduces appetite. So, Dr. A decided to try it and loved the way he could pig out and still lose weight. Dr. A. said he has NO WILL POWER over hunger.

I know you are always hungry so why don't you try to always eat whenever youwant to eat but just eat MEAT - zero carbs. Perhaps your body responds better to higher calories - more than what you are eating now. Dr. A mentions a guy that ate 3,000 calories and STILL lost weight. But, we would have to keep our carbs down to minimum to do that and lose weight. Perhaps that why we have a hard time w/ketosis.[/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, that's what I pretty much do-eat protein or something fatty when hungry. But that's what ups my calories...

I was just thinking that even at a pound a week I could have been down 10-15 by now, but I'm not. Hubby is telling me to quit this and go back to WW...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

[

This morning for breakfast, I made a small pot of Starbuck's coffee and added 1/4 cup of Whey protein vanilla powder and mixed it in my magic bullet. It tasted like a cappuccino! Forgot the coconut oil, though. I'm full now and don't want to eat breakfast which is the plan! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

ooh, I"m going to try that! Sounds yummy! I had a cold egg cream this morning but was really chilled after drinking it so I grabbed a cup of coffee. Next time I'll do what you did. I do still like the egg creams for breakfast. I just don't always want a full eggs and bacon breakfast, which is what dh eats, so the egg creams are perfect for me.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
Linda, that's what I pretty much do-eat protein or something fatty when hungry. But that's what ups my calories...

I was just thinking that even at a pound a week I could have been down 10-15 by now, but I'm not. Hubby is telling me to quit this and go back to WW...
I have found that it's not so much my calorie level, but my carb intake as well. I am doing best with even lesser carbs than are legal. I have stopped having carbs at lunch and just do a salad for dinner. I may have a little cheese with my meat at lunch, but just a little. Lunch time is also always a busy time for me, so I can't really stop and think about what I'm eating or what I might really want which actually helps me a lot. By the time I've eaten my meat, I'm busy again (I homeschool my girls) and then any perceived hunger is gone and I'm not even thinking about food. I think it's in my head more than anything that I need something with the meat. I'm hoping to get to 5 pounds shy of my goal this way and then begin to up my carbs 5 gm at a time. You have probably posted menus before, but if you could post one, maybe we could give ideas.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
You should read the 1972 Atkins book - that'll convince you otherwise - not to go high carb/low calories. I am totally convinced.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
You've missed my point at my post about NO WORRYING ABOUT CALORIES and perhaps you are not eating enough.

Lower your carbs, eat more meat and fat than ever, up your calories and see if that makes a difference. If not, switch to WW if that feels right with you.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

I agree- the reason I went to LC was because I was not losing on WW and not getting enough to eat. And the way of eating fits me. But, as you know, my cals are consistently over 1500, and often 17-1800, and my carbs are always 5% or below. This week they have been 2%.

I don't know how much lower I can get the carbs-small salad at lunch and a cup of salad veg at night.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wrote to you on a post about a week ago that on Atkins.com - from their professional that woman should never eat less than 1800 calories. I tend to eat less than that but that's because I'm not hungry - which in effect, the way the Atkins is supposed to be.

Dr. A wrote in his book about a client that only eats 1x a day but she lost weight and is on low carb. He told her that she should eat more and he's convinced that she really is hungry but as long as she is happy and has lost weight - he says ok, fine.

If your body is craving food - and doesn't get it - your cells store fat for survival.
Dr. A. even says if you are hungry because of "emotional reasons" - EAT! Just stick to low or no carb - eat meat and fat. You have the book now, so read it and feel confident that CALORIE counting, points counting and starvation is not the way to go.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I remember. I guess that's true. The advice I had been getting on the board was to eat less, which I didn't like, since I had lost nicely last time without counting cals (but ex. more). It just makes sense to me that as we lose, we need less calories.

I know I am hungry; not just appetite. I am not an emotional eater, except when angry, and I'm not angry at anything, except the Scale!!!

I have 3oz of steak to eat today, but I also have some rotisserie chicken to snack on. It's bought, not homemade today, so it may have some additives, but I can't worry about that...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
I have found that it's not so much my calorie level, but my carb intake as well. I am doing best with even lesser carbs than are legal.

I think it's in my head more than anything that I need something with the meat. I'm hoping to get to 5 pounds shy of my goal this way and then begin to up my carbs 5 gm at a time.
[COLOR="Blue"]Good Post Leisa! Exactly where I'm at right now![/COLOR]
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I'm done for the day. Lots of fat, hardly any carbs

B-frittata, decaf w/ Splenda and <1T HC
L-3oz steak, 2oz chix breast with small salad, champagne vinaigrette
D-5 oz pork chop (I think-forgot to weigh) 4.9 oz fennel, olive oil, butter
S-1 slice bacon, 2 slices braunshweiger

1795 cals (gulp); 65% fat; 2% carbs (10.8 gross/2.9 grams fiber) 33 % protein

Probably not enough water.

DH offered me sugar free pudding "it's made with cream". I said no 3 or 4 times, and he told me I wasn't going to lose anyway; that I'd be up again. This of course made me all the more resolute to lose.

He has seen me struggle with my weight, give up and be fat-220.2 before WW-and lose all the weight and exercise, becoming darn buff for an old broad.

It is unlike him to be so negative, but he also has seen me be "on" low carb and complaining of not losing. I WILL remain on the 72 till next Sunday night. I don't find it hard-just less veggies and none of the extras. It's lucky I like protein.

Just wondering what I will have later for a snack should I become hungry-more braunshweiger?

And how were your days, friends?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
How do you make your fennel? I roasted it with olive oil at 400 degrees for about 1/2 hr whole and it was tough. I ate it anyway.

I ate the whole bulb - not thinking about the carb count being so high for that amt.

Why don't you read the Atkins 72 book for encouragement, do more excercise, keep your carbs low and up your water. If that doesn't work, then you need to do something different.

Dr. Atkins says that this diet works 100 percent of the time - if you follow the plan to the T.

My husband made a comment that his doctor put him on Atkins for Candida Albican and allergy control. I asked Mike if he lost weight and he said no, because he didn't need to lose weight. His doctor said that Atkins will get you to the weight that is best for your body. Mike was already skinny. He liked the diet but couldn't stick to it because he loves his potatoes and chips!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
I made it up to 279 calories on the cross trainer at the gym! Whew! I found an electrolyte drink - PowerAide Zero to drink during my workouts. I still have a hard time drinking enough water throughout the day - I'm hoping the drink helps.

I have to say, the egg and meat fast is gross, but it really kick starts your metabolism. I can only do it a day at a time.

Oh - Fresh & Easy Natural Peanut Butter only has 3-4 carbs.

I can't wait to try the Whey protein powder to my coffee. What brand of protein do you use?
AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

After another day of perfect 72-very low carbs, high fat, pretty high cals (see above), I am..

wait for it......

UP .2 POUND!!!

DH was right....

I will give it till Sunday, and then try...what .....no carbs at all?? Egg/meat fast? I assume that is just that-only eat eggs and meat. I can do that.

Exercise isn't gonna happen right now.

Oh-and stix was completely white, like Linda's...defective!!

Fennel-oilive oil spray in glass pan; slice fennel thickly; toss with olive oil, sprinkle heavily with parm. Roast at 425 about 25-30 minutes, I turn it once and sprinkle again. This week cuz I can't have that much, I am just sauteeing it with butter/oil to brown, add a bit of water to soften it, then boil water down to brown some more.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-26-2009 at 04:36 AM..