Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AMonkey
Stats: 158/129/125
WOE: Organic Whole Foods
Start Date: October 2008
Woo hoo! I'm down 2 pounds. The meat and egg thing is kinda gross, but I'm going to do it again - this time I'm going to try for 3 days. I'm pretty sure that one day was what gave me the kick start.

Tomorrow I go for my training orientation at the gym. Once I learn how much weight to use on the machines I can increase my exercise from simple cardio to strength training.

Getting the pounds off is important, and getting the healthy on is important! Time for more water! Uh - how can drinking water be so hard to do?

AMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
[COLOR="Blue"]Monkey,

Good for you for going to the gym.

I belongs to one 3 yrs ago but didn't go enough. I got bored with going myself. If my husband would have joined, it would have been more enjoyable and he is a stick to the program kind of guy. But I know that I would be trimming those thighs of mine real quick if I'd go. My husband's cousin belongs to a gym that her chiropractor owns and it's on a month to month basis. That appealed to me but she would get there hours later than me and so I would be going alone.

But there's hope...I just read in my Metabolism book that the mini-trampoline is the BEST excercise. The gravity shifts your bodies fluids around, drains your lymph nodes (that hold the toxins) and you don't have the skeletal impact like jogging yet you tone up better and faster. The author does it 15 mins - 5 days a week. He said in 21 days - you will be fitting in another size pants. He claims it's not boring like treadmill and he does his tramp to music. Goes fast. So...maybe I'll buy one. Do you know of anyone that uses this with success?

I know years ago maybe the 80'-early 90's? it was popular, but back then I didn't need to excercise. I was a clean freak in the home and I worked our 1 acre yard with mowing, trimming, pulling weeds and I was also in my late 20's and 30's plus my daughter was a toddler so she kept me busy too. It was an era for me that I wanted to be super woman. I also worked alot of overtime and did night college for Banking. I think back and wonder how I did it all! :::shakes head:::[/COLOR]
Old 03-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saturday stats

Morning Girls!

Time of month is around the corner and my appetite has increased. Knowing the evening would be eating out, drinks and late night snacking, I ate meat and cheese for breakfast and lunch. Calories are high - gained 2 lbs but it's water weight as I can tell by my tummy. Not worrying. Will attempt to make up for it today.

Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in coconut oil/olive oil w/cheese on top, (2) Jimmy Dean breakfast sausages.

Lunch: Ring bologna and cheese

Mid-Aft: 4 slices of salami and 2 slices of cheese w/mayo

Dinner: 4 oz. salmon, 2 cups of salad, 1 cup caulliflower, 1/2 cup brocolli,2 double tequilas over ice.

Later: 1 gin and tonic, 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, 1/2 cup raw brocolli dipping in greek gazebo dressing.

******:

Cal: 2269
Fat: 64%
Protein: 25%
Carbs: 34.2g (yikes! - cooked brocolli and cauliflower is higher in carbs than raw on ******! Hmmm. I wonder why).
Fiber: 10.7 g
Alchol: 5%
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

I like the gym because I can plug in the program, plug in my headphones, and watch TV while I'm burning calories and strengthening my muscles.

I pour so much energy into work instead of health! I've got to change that.

Pilates is awesome - but hard! I love Yoga - but have only been to one class at a friend of mine's house.

Walmart has a mini-trampoline that comes with the DVD, the tension straps and a calorie counter of some type for about $30. My in-laws bought one last month and love it. The same item at Big 5 is 3x the price. You'll need two people to assemble it - not hard, but it needs to snap in place properly and that takes two people.

I wanted to get one, but my huband reminded me I have a gym membership. Ha! So I went to Marshalls and replaced my work out clothes. Trust me - I spent more on the sports bras alone (3 @ 12.99) than I would have if he would have let me get the trampoline. Of course he was right, and I needed to switch to lightweight clothes as the LV heat is almost here.

But come to think of it - a good sports bra is a necessity with a trampoline! Add that to the purchase price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]Monkey,

I belongs to one 3 yrs ago but didn't go enough. I got bored with going myself. If my husband would have joined, it would have been more enjoyable and he is a stick to the program kind of guy. But I know that I would be trimming those thighs of mine real quick if I'd go. My husband's cousin belongs to a gym that her chiropractor owns and it's on a month to month basis. That appealed to me but she would get there hours later than me and so I would be going alone.

But there's hope...I just read in my Metabolism book that the mini-trampoline is the BEST excercise. The gravity shifts your bodies fluids around, drains your lymph nodes (that hold the toxins) and you don't have the skeletal impact like jogging yet you tone up better and faster. The author does it 15 mins - 5 days a week. He said in 21 days - you will be fitting in another size pants. He claims it's not boring like treadmill and he does his tramp to music. Goes fast. So...maybe I'll buy one. Do you know of anyone that uses this with success?

I know years ago maybe the 80'-early 90's? it was popular, but back then I didn't need to excercise. I was a clean freak in the home and I worked our 1 acre yard with mowing, trimming, pulling weeds and I was also in my late 20's and 30's plus my daughter was a toddler so she kept me busy too. It was an era for me that I wanted to be super woman. I also worked alot of overtime and did night college for Banking. I think back and wonder how I did it all! :::shakes head:::[/COLOR]
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I haven't weighed my self this weekend, for good reason.Yest at daughter's ate ribs and steak, which is fine, but also had a bit of mango, and a tiny bit of chocolate cream pie and a taste of the DELICIOUS potatoes I made. Nothing alcoholic, but again cals were high-2000, mostly because of the meat. Carbs were only about 26 gross.

But the great thing is I am going to be a Nana again!! Maxwell came downstairs wearing a onesie that said "big brother to (picture of a bee)" I looked at it and just read it and it didn't register until she looked at me and said "duh"... so happy. They want another boy (don't want all the problems girls bring-interesting...) but Papa and I would like a girl, being that our other daughter is probably not going to have any more.

today I am trying to keep carbs down-making a pot roast, but put flour in gravy-other than that fine-. Will make grilled chix breast for lunches with a bit of salad. Trying to figure out what to buy for food- gr. beef? Fish? Asked Dave to buy radishes on his grocery shopping foray... did he? Uh, no....

I am not doing my ex. Feel bad, but not THAT bad...

Linda, it looks like you are out of the first phase, whatever that is called by your veggies, right?

I don't know, I am always hungry. I know that's not supposed to be...

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations!

I have two grandsons and I'm totally in love with them.

I stopped by Fresh & Easy market yesterday and picked up some grain fed beef. You have to get the meat in the freezer because it's always close to date - but the prices are very good.

From what I understand, grain fed beef is better for you than regular store bought chicken. I believe the calorie count is lower. Ribs are higher in calories - but oh so good!

I've found a good way to satisfy my sweet tooth - natural peanut butter and tart apple slices. Just three slices and a teaspoon of peanut butter is so healthy and in the 5-6 carb range.

BTW - our dogs are low carbing it too. Our cocker got sick and we moved both dogs off regular store bought kibble to a buffalo and venison kibble and wet food that does not contain grain. The cocker had gotten sensitive to chicken (as we hadn't varied her food). And the grains are just filler.

I think carbs are necessary - but with our sedentary lifestyles, and easy access to quick "junk" foods, it's hard to gauge how much we can safely eat. That's what the ladder is all about I guess.

Good news! My coworker was diagnosed with diabetes, high cholestral and blood pressure. Instead of taking insulin, he is taking metformin and eating low carb. He's lost 17 pounds and looking and feeling so much better. Another coworker is now seriously thinking about the diet - he has high blood pressure and his dad died early in life (50's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsgoddess View Post
I haven't weighed my self this weekend, for good reason.Yest at daughter's ate ribs and steak, which is fine, but also had a bit of mango, and a tiny bit of chocolate cream pie and a taste of the DELICIOUS potatoes I made. Nothing alcoholic, but again cals were high-2000, mostly because of the meat. Carbs were only about 26 gross.

But the great thing is I am going to be a Nana again!! Maxwell came downstairs wearing a onesie that said "big brother to (picture of a bee)" I looked at it and just read it and it didn't register until she looked at me and said "duh"... so happy. They want another boy (don't want all the problems girls bring-interesting...) but Papa and I would like a girl, being that our other daughter is probably not going to have any more.

today I am trying to keep carbs down-making a pot roast, but put flour in gravy-other than that fine-. Will make grilled chix breast for lunches with a bit of salad. Trying to figure out what to buy for food- gr. beef? Fish? Asked Dave to buy radishes on his grocery shopping foray... did he? Uh, no....

Linda, it looks like you are out of the first phase, whatever that is called by your veggies, right?

I don't know, I am always hungry. I know that's not supposed to be...
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]Monkey,

Linda, I have a mini tramp but have never used it regularly. I've always used it in conjunction with other things just to keep me from getting bored. What does the author actually do on it? just jump? or just alternating different moves? I don't have a space to keep it out, so it ends up under my bed, but hmmm.....it WOULD be a good thing to do while watching tv....you got me thinking.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Congratulations!

I have two grandsons and I'm totally in love with them.

I stopped by Fresh & Easy market yesterday and picked up some grain fed beef. You have to get the meat in the freezer because it's always close to date - but the prices are very good.

From what I understand, grain fed beef is better for you than regular store bought chicken. I believe the calorie count is lower. Ribs are higher in calories - but oh so good!

I've found a good way to satisfy my sweet tooth - natural peanut butter and tart apple slices. Just three slices and a teaspoon of peanut butter is so healthy and in the 5-6 carb range.

BTW - our dogs are low carbing it too. Our cocker got sick and we moved both dogs off regular store bought kibble to a buffalo and venison kibble and wet food that does not contain grain. The cocker had gotten sensitive to chicken (as we hadn't varied her food). And the grains are just filler.

I think carbs are necessary - but with our sedentary lifestyles, and easy access to quick "junk" foods, it's hard to gauge how much we can safely eat. That's what the ladder is all about I guess.

Good news! My coworker was diagnosed with diabetes, high cholestral and blood pressure. Instead of taking insulin, he is taking metformin and eating low carb. He's lost 17 pounds and looking and feeling so much better. Another coworker is now seriously thinking about the diet - he has high blood pressure and his dad died early in life (50's).
Wow, that's awesome about your co-workers! Good for them! Maybe you had something to do with them considering low carb?

Also, I bet the low carb diet for the dogs is very good for them. Our dog gets fed way too many scraps with 3 children in the house. She's be cheating daily. I'd be interested to hear how they do though. We had a dog that was diabetic. At that point, I didn't even know there was an option to put her on a low carb diet. Now I wonder how that would have affected her.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
But come to think of it - a good sports bra is a necessity with a trampoline! Add that to the purchase price.
[COLOR="Blue"]Yes, you're right - sports bra...the way they're shrinking - maybe all I need is a band-aid !!! [/COLOR]
Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Carbs were only about 26 gross-[COLOR="blue"]Not bad for having potatoes and dessert. Are you still thinking about going on Atkins 1972?[/COLOR]

But the great thing is I am going to be a Nana again!!
[COLOR="Blue"]
CONGRATS ! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]trying to get motivated today.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, yesterday ended the Phase I - so now on to Phase II adding some more veggies. 1 week is enough! [/COLOR]

I don't know, I am always hungry. I know that's not supposed to be
...[COLOR="Blue"]could it be that you're eating out of boredom? Low carb is supposed to kill the appetite. I haven't a clue except when I eat sugar free anything or drink regular coffee - I get hungry. I drink coffee so I don't feel lazy. If I would cheat on potatoes or dessert, I would get hungry. So, that's why I don't have a "bit" of anything that's not low carb.[/COLOR]
Old 03-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
Linda, I have a mini tramp but have never used it regularly. I've always used it in conjunction with other things just to keep me from getting bored. What does the author actually do on it? just jump? or just alternating different moves? I don't have a space to keep it out, so it ends up under my bed, but hmmm.....it WOULD be a good thing to do while watching tv....you got me thinking.
[COLOR="Blue"]The author didn't say except he does it to music. I don't know how you could "dance" on the tramp? If I'd try, I'd be on the floor face-down in no time! [/COLOR]
Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]The author didn't say except he does it to music. I don't know how you could "dance" on the tramp? If I'd try, I'd be on the floor face-down in no time! [/COLOR]
Dancing, no, but moving to music, I could certainly see. I have way more motivation with music than without.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

Another high cal day-2000+ and wine....I may be eating out of boredom on the weekends, but I'm hungry too!

I am going to try 72 tomorrow-I've probably gained all I lost...food is such an addiction, and we can't quit, cuz we gotta eat...

I'm hungry-for what-ah, that's the question, isn't it...that's always the question...
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Yup, I am back up to 159.4...I have officially started 72-eggs, HC, parm, cheddar (.8oz) less than an ounce of fennel in the fritatta.

Lunch will be chix breast over a bit of salad. Supper will be pot roast, but the gravy does have a bit of flour in it, since I haven't gotten the thicken thin yet. I won't have much gravy, but I'll have plenty of the pot roast!!

the trampoline should sure use up a lot of cals-it's a good workout, I remember from doing it as a kid.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monday

Quote:
Yup, I am back up to 159.4...I have officially started 72-eggs, HC, parm, cheddar (.8oz) less than an ounce of fennel in the fritatta. [COLOR="Blue"]Sounds good[/COLOR]

Lunch will be chix breast over a bit of salad. Supper will be pot roast, but the gravy does have a bit of flour in it, since I haven't gotten the thicken thin yet. I won't have much gravy, but I'll have plenty of the pot roast!!

[COLOR="blue"]You need to get the thicken/thin or guar gum - not expensive. Did you place the order yet for your artif. sugar, carbalose? If not, make up a list. A well stocked low-carb cupboard will ensure your purity. The roast beef gives me an idea - I have one in the freezer. I'll thaw it out and put it in the crock pot tomorrow morning. Then, I'll roast my fennel to go with it. [/COLOR]

the trampoline should sure use up a lot of cals-it's a good workout, I remember from doing it as a kid.
[COLOR="blue"]I'm going to get it at Wal*Mart and also some ankle weights. What kinds of things can you do on a trampoline besides jumping? I'm still shopping for a good dance ex. video.
My left knee is acting up (knee cap ) - sharp pains when I get up. So...my ex. has been nil this weekend. No weight change though - which is good since TOM is coming. [/COLOR]
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday food stats:

Breakfast: Cheesy Egg bake - (2)
Lunch: 2 oz. ham wrapped in 2 slices Kraft Deluxe American w/mayo
Dinner: 4 oz. homemade rotissere chicken breast and 1 cup salad
Later: 3-4 pork rind (when I went to movies last night to see "The Knowing" - GREAT MOVIE! I appreciated having the pork rinds since I am a die-hard popcorn - extra butter movie goer!

******: Calories: 1217, Fat: 64%, Protein: 33%, Carbs: 2% = 7.5, Fiber: .5

I need to take a magnesium today! Too little fiber yesterday.

By the way...the book I'm reading on Metabollism - says that those WHEY PROTEIN mixes are the fastest way to lose weight on low carb - drink in the morning - better than eating breakfast - holds your appetite down for hours and is soooo good for you and he says add COCONUT OIL to it. Coconut Oil is very beneficial and don't believe the propraganda that it is not good - he said LIES!!! It's the pharamacutecal (sp) labs like Merck and others that don't want people to lose fat or cholesteral for they would go out of business.

I have 2 cans of vanilla that I never opened. I will try those egg creams that alot of people have on the board seem to love. Egg creams w/whey protein and hot coffee and my Bullet should do the trick. That'll be my breakfast tonic. I can handle that. Then I don't have to eat!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Can we get whey protein drinks in individual cans or do I have to mix it up from powder? What do you think of the Atkins shakes?

I had my orientation at the gym. Even though I thought I was 5-8 pounds from my goal, my body fat is 7% above average. I wanted to run from the gym and down a plate of nachos! But instead, I signed up for a very small package of personal training. The trainer was very sweet and informative. I think it is so much better having a woman trainer versus a man.

She's focusing the training on strengthening my core, which should help increase the results of my workouts. Bah! And I have to step up my pace and resistance on the cross trainer. I thought Adkins would give me the edge on exericising and I wouldn't have to work hard. Oh well, it was a beautiful dream while it lasted.

Let us know how the trampoline works out. I still really want to get one. I am going to get a balance ball to work my core at home. But I want to find one that doesn't have too much of the stinky plastic smell.

I found a free way to exercise at home. Exercisetv.tv. There's free workouts available, and you can download your favorites - I think the price is supposed to be reasonable. This would be so much better if I were self motivated.

Quote:
Sunday food stats:

Breakfast: Cheesy Egg bake - (2)
Lunch: 2 oz. ham wrapped in 2 slices Kraft Deluxe American w/mayo
Dinner: 4 oz. homemade rotissere chicken breast and 1 cup salad
Later: 3-4 pork rind (when I went to movies last night to see "The Knowing" - GREAT MOVIE! I appreciated having the pork rinds since I am a die-hard popcorn - extra butter movie goer!

******: Calories: 1217, Fat: 64%, Protein: 33%, Carbs: 2% = 7.5, Fiber: .5

I need to take a magnesium today! Too little fiber yesterday.

By the way...the book I'm reading on Metabollism - says that those WHEY PROTEIN mixes are the fastest way to lose weight on low carb - drink in the morning - better than eating breakfast - holds your appetite down for hours and is soooo good for you and he says add COCONUT OIL to it. Coconut Oil is very beneficial and don't believe the propraganda that it is not good - he said LIES!!! It's the pharamacutecal (sp) labs like Merck and others that don't want people to lose fat or cholesteral for they would go out of business.

I have 2 cans of vanilla that I never opened. I will try those egg creams that alot of people have on the board seem to love. Egg creams w/whey protein and hot coffee and my Bullet should do the trick. That'll be my breakfast tonic. I can handle that. Then I don't have to eat!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good "72" day, I think. at 159.1. Now only have to lose about 2 pounds to get where I was a week ago!! ARRRGH!!

cals 1448; fat 62%; carbs 2% (!) protein 36% (!)

B-Frittata
S- about 4oz chix breast on salad w/ vinaigrette

D- about 7.4 oz pot roast and gravy-mostly meat, cuckes and vinaigrette

Snack at rehearsal-2 cubes cheese-less than an ounce.

Stix have absolutely no color...

How did I do?

Last edited by Scotty; 03-24-2009 at 04:41 AM..
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tuesday 3/24/09

[COLOR="Blue"]Good Morning Monkey, Leisa and Donna![/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Monkey: Good for you to be able to get a personal trainer package!

When I joined the gym (3 ) years ago, I got a free 2 weeks. The first girl was a young butch type. She was not at all sympathetic and sneered at me when I was begging to stop. My upper arms are skinny and she had me doing a zillion reps at an ungodly weight. I swear she got off hearing me grunt! I almost punched her. She did say however, that my legs are strong and she was surprised at the reps she put me through and it was easy. The eclipical was hard for me though. She quit mid-week of our session(thank GOD) and got a job in Philadelphia at one of the hot sh## gyms. My next instructor was only about 10 yrs younger than me - outspoken but very encouraging. We decided we liked each other the first session. I actually think we could have struck up a friendship. Her friend who did the aerobotics (sp?) had me sign up for the basic cycling/stepping - I kept up but I was struggilng and at the end of the class - she said I did real good and I said - there's no way that's for beginners! That one session, from the cycling - my private part hurt at the bone. She was forever trying to get me to go to all her classes then afterwards. Then, Xmas time came and they had a competition game whereby the trainers pick members of the gym to be on their team and my trainer asked me to join. At that point, I had it with the gym. My back was hurting (I have slight spina bifida) and was not motivated to go on so I gently told her I didn't think I was a good pick. My stamina isn't all that great for hard core competition. I did slim down quite a bit but looks are deceiving. However, I did appreciate her asking me.

My 1 TV in the house has a cable excercise series that I can rent for free but my husband is always watching it. If he goes on the internet, I could do it but I don't like him watching me. That was my thing at the gym. Either the men were hitting on me or the women were giving me evil eyes. Or I'd run into someone I knew a long time ago and it was awkward. Basically, I am self-conscious. I would have liked if I knew noone or went with a buddy.

Then, a couple of months ago, I went to my BF's house to work out with her in her finished basement, only to find out later, her husband was quietly watching us and commented how awkward we were! [/COLOR]

[COLOR="blue"]Dr. Atkins says that excercise is NOT AN OPTION - it necessary. I believe when we lose weight, we also at some point, lose muscle. Knowing this, I know I'd better get on the ball (no pun intended). You are doing good Monkey and I applaud you for it! [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. I got a visit from the whoosh fairy overnight and am down to 133.2 this morning! I have jogged 2 miles the last two days. This was a first for me. I've never jogged that far....EVER. I have asked on an email list I'm on if I should do it again today since I'm such a newby or if I should have a rest day (I got some major sore muscles!) I think it's helping me lose the weight! I"m so psyched. I don't have a lot of self motivation either when it comes to exercise, so having it help me get results on the scale is a big motivation. I do also just want to look fit so I really want to keep this up. I'd love to join a gym but right now it's not feasible financially or with my lifestyle. Running works much better for me now and I've been wanting to be a runner for a long time. I dream of hitting the road and just not stopping for miles! I'm on my way. Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa and Donna - where are you???

Donna: How did you make out on your 1st day of Atkins 72?

I just received my Atkins 72 book last night. I didn't get to read it yet.
I had received the 2002 version last week - need to read that too. I'm so far behind in my reading of those books and more!

Last night I made my boss - Peanut butter muffins w/coconut flour. I did not taste them but they look and smell good. I also made 2 batches of oopsie rolls that turned out good. Finally!

My eats for Monday:

Breakfast: none - went for my blood test
Lunch: broasted chicken leg with 1/4 cup of green beans
Supper: 2 oz chicken, cheeseburger on oopsie roll
Later: chicken salad 1/4 cup and 3 slices of horseradish cheese.

****** stats:

Calories: 1328, Fat: 61%, Carbs: 2% - 8.4g, Protein: 38%, Fiber: 2.5g

TOM was due yestereday - no sign of it yet. Weight is holding steady.
I had gotten a leg cramp this morning and woke up early. I think I need to buy some potassium and drink more water. [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[COLOR="Blue"]Lisa: I'm very proud of you. You are doing it! [/COLOR]
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]Leisa and Donna - where are you???

Donna: How did you make out on your 1st day of Atkins 72?

I just received my Atkins 72 book last night. I didn't get to read it yet.
I had received the 2002 version last week - need to read that too. I'm so far behind in my reading of those books and more!

Last night I made my boss - Peanut butter muffins w/coconut flour. I did not taste them but they look and smell good. I also made 2 batches of oopsie rolls that turned out good. Finally!

My eats for Monday:

Breakfast: none - went for my blood test
Lunch: broasted chicken leg with 1/4 cup of green beans
Supper: 2 oz chicken, cheeseburger on oopsie roll
Later: chicken salad 1/4 cup and 3 slices of horseradish cheese.

****** stats:

Calories: 1328, Fat: 61%, Carbs: 2% - 8.4g, Protein: 38%, Fiber: 2.5g

TOM was due yestereday - no sign of it yet. Weight is holding steady.
I had gotten a leg cramp this morning and woke up early. I think I need to buy some potassium and drink more water. [/COLOR]
Linda, when I take my Magnesium/Calcium supplement daily, I don't get leg cramps and I was getting them EVERY night before.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]Lisa: I'm very proud of you. You are doing it! [/COLOR]
Thanks Linda!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I was here at 7:30!!

Leisa-don't you just love a whoosh!!!

Did ok, no problem, not that different, really, except I just can't get those cals down! Pot roast of course was high-roast calc was over 600 calories, which may be high-I don't know. Bottom round cooked in red wine, broth, onions and fennel-.25C flour for all gravy, which is at least 3C. The 7.4 oz was almost all the beef, lean.

I always feel slight hunger. Even now, after eating my fritatta and coffee with 1T HC, I feel like I could eat. Found my DANDR book last night and was reading it a bit. He basically said to eat till you feel satisfied but could eat more. I guess that's how I feel, but my stomach does feel empty, sort of...

Was just talking to Ricardolowcarbo (office mate who posts on the board), who is losing nicely-he has started exercising regularly, and has upped his carbs a bit, because he says he is really hungry.

Also got out my south beach book. I don't think I'd want to do that-lower carb; low fat. I'd REALLY be hungry.

I much prefer ex. to my tapes than going to a gym. If I had a personal trainer, that would be nice to get started and get a bottom line on what I should be doing.

Last edited by Scotty; 03-24-2009 at 06:16 AM..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
What were your ****** figures for yesterday?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

1562 cals 63% fat 2% carbs 35% protein

You know, I've been doing this since the beginning of the year, and have lost 5 pounds....

Last edited by Scotty; 03-24-2009 at 07:20 AM..
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Donna,
Surprised that you kept your carbs at 2%! Good for you!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Just a small salad and some cukes. Still those cals are high...

Been reading about 72 and he mentions the revolutions rolls, and I think you made them, too, but they call for cream cheese which is not allowed, and also one of the menus (in the 72 thread) from the book has onions, which is also not allowed. I don't get it.

Stix are white...
Old 03-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just a small salad and some cukes. Still those cals are high...

Been reading about 72 and he mentions the revolutions rolls, and I think you made them, too, but they call for cream cheese which is not allowed, and also one of the menus (in the 72 thread) from the book has onions, which is also not allowed. I don't get it.

Stix are white...
Did you know you can replace the cream cheese with butter or with mayo and it still works?! Dedikayted (Jen) gave me that hint when I was out of cream cheese and wanting to make some. I used butter because I was also out of mayo. The only thing was after they cooled I had some clumps of butter on them where it cooled back down.