Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #1741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Indychick829
Stats: Highest - 217 / Lowest -160 / Current 170 & happy
WOE: Maintenance - whole foods/fruits/organic meats
Start Date: January 2009. Currently in Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaiLatté View Post

And here is a picture of my awesome sugar-free syrups!
Figures, I am trying to stay away from them this week... but oh, so pretty!
ooooh. jealousy rears it's ugly head!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #1742
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
ChaiLatte'

You could start your own coffee shop

Last edited by vli1127; 01-03-2010 at 05:52 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #1743
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
ChaiLatte'

You could start your own coffee shop
Yes, she Could, a Mini Starbucks waiting to Happen!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #1744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoSunNoFun
Stats: 157.5/142.2/135.0 (5'3)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8-10-2014
Speaking of starbucks, any good low carb hot and cold drinks that can be ordered?

decafe, vente, soy, latee with whip??? I have to have one!!! lol
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #1745
Big Yapper!!!!

:blush: Shamefully to say, I've never been in A Real Starbucks!
I have only ordered some tea from an Airport Kiosk!
I kid U not!:blush:
Am...I missing anythang? I hear the $$ are well out thar?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #1746
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSunNoFun View Post
Speaking of starbucks, any good low carb hot and cold drinks that can be ordered?

decafe, vente, soy, latee with whip??? I have to have one!!! lol
There are quite a few threads about this! Do a search and you should find them.

(sorry for the hijack... back on topic..)
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #1747
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
There are quite a few threads about this! Do a search and you should find them.

(sorry for the hijack... back on topic..)

Let me know too....
I might become a Starbucker Fan!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #1748
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GTBraveGirl
Stats: 323/282/200
Start Date: Restart Aug 24, 2012
Y'all are killing me with the scotch eggs. They sound so good, but I don't like hard boiled eggs. I eat egg whites. I don't like the yolk at all. I'm trying to figure out what else I could use the sausage mixture for. It sounds really good.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1749
Senior LCF Member

I am a bargain girl and cannot justify spending a dime at Starbucks. I buy good coffee and make my own with cream and sf syrup. Anytime I see a new sf syrup flavor at the store, I buy it. That way I can keep changing my coffee. I can buy 2 bottles of sf syrup for the price of one fancy coffee at Starbucks. That syrup will last me months.

Just my (cheap) two cents. I like to drink decaf coffee for my dessert at night.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #1750
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snooks86
Stats: 6 ft, Past 270/Present 230/Goal 175 lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbenz View Post

Here R2 pix of mine:

Damn, these look good and they're South Beach friendly, too.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #1751
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
so are ALLLLL these food Induction friendly?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #1752
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Scotch Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivestrongH2 View Post
Honestly, I don't think the cheese added much to the recipe (other than calories), so I will probably leave it out next time. I felt like I barely had enough meat to cover my 4 eggs though. Maybe my eggs were bigger?

the scotch eggs look fantastic!! im a police dispatcher and dont get to go out to lunch or anything, and those look easy and portable! going to grocery store when i get off tonight to try. im in FL too - its like 54 here in Lakeland now, so i bet its freezing up there in J-Ville Thanks for the recipe - ill let you know how it goes!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #1753
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
so are ALLLLL these food Induction friendly?
There are probably a few that aren't induction friendly.
If you have something in mind, post which food it is and we'll let you know.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #1754
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienevins0314 View Post
the scotch eggs look fantastic!! im a police dispatcher and dont get to go out to lunch or anything, and those look easy and portable! going to grocery store when i get off tonight to try. im in FL too - its like 54 here in Lakeland now, so i bet its freezing up there in J-Ville Thanks for the recipe - ill let you know how it goes!!
It is abnormally cold in Jacksonville. I had to break out the heavy coats and I only do that about once every two years. But my dessert tonight was delicious.............decaf coffee with cocoa, splenda, heavy cream and davinci vanilla.........YUMMMMM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #1755

Gallery: LivestrongH2
Stats: 30 y/o and 6'3!!! 249/239/190
Start Date: 12/28/09
Quote:
Yes, let me know how you like the scotch eggs! I'm going to make more next week, but I need a break. I can't eat too many hard boiled eggs or I start to feel I don't want to get burnt out on them too quickly. Yes, J-ville is chilly willy!!!! I actually love cold weather though. My husband is in the military and we are probably getting stationed in Alaska this June!! This will be nothing compared to that!! I just got back from the grocery store and got lots of induction friendly food! Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBraveGirl View Post
It is abnormally cold in Jacksonville. I had to break out the heavy coats and I only do that about once every two years. But my dessert tonight was delicious.............decaf coffee with cocoa, splenda, heavy cream and davinci vanilla.........YUMMMMM.
You are the only person I've seen also from Jacksonville! Hi!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #1756
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTBraveGirl View Post

that sounds really awesome! i use torani sf vanilla bc i can get it at big lots or walmart. i need to get some cocoa its 42 degrees right now!! my brother in law used to live in jacksonville near the beach - we love it up there!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #1757
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Yes, let me know how you like the scotch eggs! I'm going to make more next week, but I need a break. I can't eat too many hard boiled eggs or I start to feel I don't want to get burnt out on them too quickly. Yes, J-ville is chilly willy!!!! I actually love cold weather though. My husband is in the military and we are probably getting stationed in Alaska this June!! This will be nothing compared to that!! I just got back from the grocery store and got lots of induction friendly food! Yummy!

im going G shopping when i get off. actually looking forward to it haha! im definetly a cold weather person - ive lived here my whole life and i B***h every year from about april-december about how much i hate the hot weather. i really need to move LMAO! id rather be too cold than too hot - atleast in cold weather you can layer on clothes to get warm!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #1758
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:

PS - does the hot hard boiled egg taste... weird?? ive never had a hot one. just thinking it will be interesting. might make some deviled eggs tonight too. phew. alot to do for being late at night!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #1759

Quote:
im going G shopping when i get off. actually looking forward to it haha! im definetly a cold weather person - ive lived here my whole life and i B***h every year from about april-december about how much i hate the hot weather. i really need to move LMAO! id rather be too cold than too hot - atleast in cold weather you can layer on clothes to get warm!
LOL I do the same thing! I b**ch all spring/summer when it's hot! I hate sweating outside when I'm not working out. Ughh! It almost makes me not want to even try and look nice. I will just sweat thru my clothes and my makeup will just sweat off! So, yeah....I'm loving this cool weather change!!!!!

Quote:
PS - does the hot hard boiled egg taste... weird?? ive never had a hot one. just thinking it will be interesting. might make some deviled eggs tonight too. phew. alot to do for being late at night!
No, the eggs don't taste weird at all. They are friggin' YUM! I bought a bag of hard boiled eggs by Egglands Best at Publix. They have them right there in the egg section. I can't stand boiling eggs (not to mention I suck at it). The shell always sticks to the egg when I make them. So, I'll pay $2.50 for 6 HB eggs and be on my merry way!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #1760
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
LOL I do the same thing! I b**ch all spring/summer when it's hot! I hate sweating outside when I'm not working out. Ughh! It almost makes me not want to even try and look nice. I will just sweat thru my clothes and my makeup will just sweat off! So, yeah....I'm loving this cool weather change!!!!!

No, the eggs don't taste weird at all. They are friggin' YUM! I bought a bag of hard boiled eggs by Egglands Best at Publix. They have them right there in the egg section. I can't stand boiling eggs (not to mention I suck at it). The shell always sticks to the egg when I make them. So, I'll pay $2.50 for 6 HB eggs and be on my merry way!

IDK if walmart has them already boiled - ill have to check. thats the only grocery store open when i get off. ive been told the reason the shells stick is because the eggs are too fresh. thats what my mom and grandma said - weird huh?? id never heard that til christmas when we had a problem with our deviled eggs lol... but yeah. i would rather use already boiled myself.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #1761

Quote:
IDK if walmart has them already boiled - ill have to check. thats the only grocery store open when i get off. ive been told the reason the shells stick is because the eggs are too fresh. thats what my mom and grandma said - weird huh?? id never heard that til christmas when we had a problem with our deviled eggs lol... but yeah. i would rather use already boiled myself.
Walmart might have them! Sometimes they have the over at the deli too. That way you don't have to slave over a hot stove tonight! I noticed you had an album in your profile of pics! I never knew we could do that. I added pics to mine! Congrats on your engagement. When is the wedding?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #1762
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Walmart might have them! Sometimes they have the over at the deli too. That way you don't have to slave over a hot stove tonight! I noticed you had an album in your profile of pics! I never knew we could do that. I added pics to mine! Congrats on your engagement. When is the wedding?
I'll more than likely but up til about 4am anyways. 2-4 is the usual. Ill def check the deli area thanks!! Umm wedding. We have been together since March 12, 2004 and have been engaged since Dec 2004. We just never have. Weve lived together almost as long as weve been together, so we kind of ARE married in our eyes, but we DO plan to actually legalize it and have a wedding sometime this year. Not sure of an exact date yet, but whenever we actually have the money to do something nice! i dont have a whole lot of pics up right now... hmmm.... need to add some newer ones.
Losing for myself, our future, and TTC miracle #1
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM   #1763

Quote:
I'll more than likely but up til about 4am anyways. 2-4 is the usual. Ill def check the deli area thanks!! Umm wedding. We have been together since March 12, 2004 and have been engaged since Dec 2004. We just never have. Weve lived together almost as long as weve been together, so we kind of ARE married in our eyes, but we DO plan to actually legalize it and have a wedding sometime this year. Not sure of an exact date yet, but whenever we actually have the money to do something nice! i dont have a whole lot of pics up right now... hmmm.... need to add some newer ones.
Awww sounds like love at first sight! You will look beautiful whenever you decide to have your wedding! I just got married 5/09. We only had immediate family and close friends (about 25 people). It was so nice and low stress! Best day of my life!!! I can't wait to put up some progress pic once I drop some weight. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I am already down 7 after week 1....so 43lbs to go!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #1764
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Awww sounds like love at first sight! You will look beautiful whenever you decide to have your wedding! I just got married 5/09. We only had immediate family and close friends (about 25 people). It was so nice and low stress! Best day of my life!!! I can't wait to put up some progress pic once I drop some weight. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I am already down 7 after week 1....so 43lbs to go!
thats awesome, and thank you!! im too big right now to get into a dress i would want to flaunt, but i do look forward to it!! did you have an actual wedding or do the court house?? 25 people is small and that sounds about right.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #1765

Quote:
thats awesome, and thank you!! im too big right now to get into a dress i would want to flaunt, but i do look forward to it!! did you have an actual wedding or do the court house?? 25 people is small and that sounds about right.
We had an actual wedding. My parents have a nice house in The Villages, Florida. (have you heard of it? It's near Ocala....retirement community of like 10,000+ people....everyone drives a golf cart) We had the wedding in the backyard. It was beautiful though. My aunt is a pastor and she married us. We had photographers and even had a bagpiper! It was amazing. We had the reception/food inside my parents house and then we rented a bunch of golf carts and loaded everyone up and went dancing at the town square where they have a live band every night. It was such a blast.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #1766
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
We had an actual wedding. My parents have a nice house in The Villages, Florida. (have you heard of it? It's near Ocala....retirement community of like 10,000+ people....everyone drives a golf cart) We had the wedding in the backyard. It was beautiful though. My aunt is a pastor and she married us. We had photographers and even had a bagpiper! It was amazing. We had the reception/food inside my parents house and then we rented a bunch of golf carts and loaded everyone up and went dancing at the town square where they have a live band every night. It was such a blast.

lol i bet that was neat!!! yeah - ive actually passed by the villages, but never been there. i bet the bagpipes was beautiful. not sure of what were going to do yet - we'll see...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 224/198.6/150
WOE: Atkins & Exercise
Start Date: Start Date: October 17,2011
Quote:
Made my first batch of Scotch eggs this morning and mmmmm they were good. Made a few mustard dips to go with it. Delicious and they turned out perfect! DH loved them too. I think we have a keeper, folks!

What is that? an egg in a meatball?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #1768

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinsOnMyMind777 View Post
Basically! It's Jimmy Dean sausage (in the tube) wrapped around a hard boiled egg then you bake it. It's so yummy!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #1769
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinsOnMyMind777 View Post
Scotch Eggs:
1 pound Jimmy Dean bulk sausage
4 hard boiled eggs

Slice the sausage roll into 1/4ths. Wrap each 1/4 around one hard boiled egg. Bake in 350 oven for about 30-35 minutes. Excellent leftover & re-heated too!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #1770
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nannyhooch
Stats: 173.5/167/140
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: January 14,2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbDe View Post
Scotch Eggs:
1 pound Jimmy Dean bulk sausage
4 hard boiled eggs

Slice the sausage roll into 1/4ths. Wrap each 1/4 around one hard boiled egg. Bake in 350 oven for about 30-35 minutes. Excellent leftover & re-heated too!